Reviews of Tilsitt Etoile 3 stars

#576 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Clean room
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Very small toilet Some rooms has separated WC from the shower in which your body touches the door while you are inside because of the small space

Clean room Good Location Friendly Staff

Great hotel but noisy night club across the road is the only negative
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The bar opposite the hotel is opened every night till 3-4am and very noisy patrons. Even with closed windows you can hear everything. Perhaps if you get a room on the other side it’s better.

Excellent location, clean rooms, good size rooms for Paris, attentive staff, great value for money

The place was incredible, super clean and comfortable.
    • Classic Single Room

The place was incredible, super clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was EXCELLENT, next to the arc of triumph. The breakfast was very complete and delicious. Also you got l’occitane products. I recommend this place to everyone!

Check the square footage before booking
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

They take pictures of their largest suite. The rooms are smaller than hotels in Manhattan. Felt a bit like false advertising but thankfully we didn’t stay much in the room except to sleep but make sure you look at the square footage before booking which was my mistake.

over priced.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The breakfast was of poor selection and the double bed small for a couple, our room was small. There wasn't any coffee or tea making facilities in the bedroom and the bathroom was very small.

Good location.

Pleasant stay overall.
    • Quadruple Room

The configuration of the room was weird. They had different rooms for the bathroom and the toilet. Also need to have mini refridgerators in rooms.

Location of the property was excellent.

First time in paris
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

I didn’t like the idea of putting the toilet in one room and the shower in another!. Thin walls not sound proof at all (you will hear everything from the next rooms)!

Clean, great English speaking staff, 2 minutes away from supermarket and great location very close to champs Elysees and arc de triomphe.

Hi booked a taxi to Gare du Nord and quoted max 15 euros but...
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Hi booked a taxi to Gare du Nord and quoted max 15 euros but cost was 25 euros. Apparently pre booking carried a 7 euro surcharge but maybe better if hotel had an agreed arrangement with taxi firm at set price. Just a thought

Very comfortable and conveniently located hotel.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

We were surprised that the little bottles of water weren't replenished after the first day. There were four of us, and it was a bit of a hassle only being allowed in the lift two at a time. But these are very minor issues, and otherwise all was good.

Very good location, close to Etoile RER/metro station, with plenty of restaurants etc nearby. Pleasant hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast, comfortable rooms.

The hotel is fine and the price is ok. It is 5mins walk from arc de triomphe.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

They have a key system and requires that you leave the keys at the reception everytime you go out. It is kinda weird. But later on a staff explained that the key system costs a lot and it is for security purposes and previous customers lost the keys. The elevator is very small and slow

The room was confortable. and great location

Per total the stay was ok
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

I didn’t like the problem with the heat, in the night they turn off the heating sistem (probably for economy) and its very cold during night...

The room very clean.

I love Paris.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Width of double bed. Small : 140 cm for 2 adults. Not in every room though. During our visit last year we got a wider bed. Good that I am not a tall German and that my wife still likes me.

While a lot of stories get told concerning a Paris's breakfast : this breakfast was well prepared and came with ample choice. No complaints. Enjoyed it.

Recommended!
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The wifi is not really good, I have to refresh the connection every time I want to use it. But there's no problem with the speed. The room is not soundproof, so we can hear a lot of sounds from the hallway outside or the other rooms. Beside of those things, this hotel is perfect!

The location is excellent, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel tower, and the shopping area can be reached within walking distance. Metro station is really close so that I can go traveling around Paris at ease until late. And the room size also not too small, clean, we have a bath in our bathroom, and they provided us L'Occitane shampoo and shower gel. Receptionist opens 24 hours, quite near from restaurants and supermarket.

They didn't have conditioner for the hair and body milk.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

They didn't have conditioner for the hair and body milk. I chose this property because of the Occitane toiletries so I was hoping to get nice variety as they show in the pictures. Nothing to do with the pictures...

• Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

At arrival the reception offered free coffee from 11:00 AM till 24:00 Coming from a nice dinner trying to have coffee , the receptionist simply told us no more coffee because the coffee pats were finished Although it was 20:00 PM We had to pay our coffee ( which was practically cold) What a commercial feeling :-(

Good location but uncomfortable sleep
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The room was very cold and I have reported that to the receptionist two times but they ignored my request. One of them said when I asked about heaters, we didn't think that it's very cold as it's not winter yet!! However, you can hear almost everything going at next rooms, on the last night of my staying, I tried to get some sleep before my flight but my neighbors voices were too loud, I tried to call the reception but the didn't reach their number.

The hotel location, as it's within ten minutes walk to champs elysees There was a very warm welcom from the receptionist upon arrival, she provided me with every detail and was really helpful

It's a good choice for someone who's looking for a good location at good rates.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

It was an old hotel. The problem of old buildings is that they have thin walls and tight corridors. I believe that some refurbish was made at least 10 years ago.

I have liked the courtesy of the hotel staff. All clerks were very polite and friendly. Always prepared to help when was need it. Another thing that my wife and I loved was the chocolates and Loccitane gifts that the hotel left on our bed. There is a Nespresso Machine and some Croissants available for free at the lobby. The hotel is close to the Arc du Triomphe and the Charles de Gaule Metro Station.

Had a good stay
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Bathrooms are too small ( but other than that , i have no complaints)

Very close to Champs-Ellyse and Arc de Triomphe ( about 4 short blocks ) . Very close to the CDG - Etoile station . Lots of restaurants and cafe very close to the hotel. Staff are very helpful and friendly . Quaint small lobby .

A wonderful little hotel in a central location.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Small room but so cheap. A kettle in the room would have been nice.

Comfy bed. Staff were wonderful and helpful. Breakfasts were fabulous. Great to have a drink at the bar. Great location.

Perfect location, fantastic breakfasts!
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

very small rooms and thin walls so you could hear neighbours, but this is typical for any Paris location

fantastic breakfasts, very nice bathrooms, free coffee, tea and snacks

Very central small hotel, good for a short, cheap stay
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Room was very dark and facing the street (impossible to open windows). No fan in the bathroom and old appliances. Staff never smiling.

Very central location, ideal for weekends and if coming from airports.

A clean hotel, nice location, but be careful when paying your bills.
    • Classic Single Room

They charged my credit card in pound sterling although I had specifically said I wanted to pay in Euros. They obviously wanted to make more money by charging a high commission.

Rooms are clean and A/C works well.

The room is quite good, and the location is quite well.
    • Classic Single Room

The only point I am a little disappointed is the room is a little small

The room is quite good, and the location is quite well. My English is not very well, but the waiter and waitress are nice and patient. I really recommend thus hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Very nice room, good location!
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

No parking facilities. Street parking only allows 2 hours of parking max. at a time so we were forced to park in an underground parking garage which was significantly more expensive.

Very nice room and very good location (5 min walking distance from Arc de Triomphe).

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great to have an in-room kettle, which isn't common in...

My room was positioned right next to the lift, which meant a lot of disturbance until 1am and starting again at 5am. For a peaceful sleep check you're not near the lift. Even though it's a small hotel, it was in almost constant use.

Great to have an in-room kettle, which isn't common in mainland Europe. There's also a complimentary coffee machine in the bar area, which is a nice touch. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Room on 6th floor had great views and was above-average size for Paris. Plenty of great breakfast & meal options within walking distance.

Good Location, good staff, tiny room.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The room size is tiny, literally cant open both our luggages at the same time. Room is quite dark too. It can be quite noisy in the morning when the cleaners starts doing the room keeping job.

The staff at the reception is very friendly and always quite helpful. It is accessible by Le-Direct Bus from the airport to drop you nearby. Many good restaurants around and in walking distance to Champ Elysee shopping street, it is also accessible to Etoile Metro station. Bed is very comfortable and air conditioning is working very well too. I will recommend it if you do not mind tiny room, everything else is good except for the size.

Picture perfect Paris

Honestly, nothing!

Finding a really great hotel in Paris has always seemed too much to hope for, and I don't mean that in a bad way - Paris is an amazing city and for that you must pay the price of either spending an absolute fortune on an average hotel, or roughing it for a few days somewhere small, with un petite breakfast or on the noisiest street in the city. After more than a decade of using Paris as my go-to escape for the weekend, I think I've finally found perfection (within my budget.) Beautiful view of Parisian street, check. Gorgeous and spacey (for Paris) room, check. Absolute marvellous breakfast, check. Pre arrival, the hotel emailed us to find out what extra services we would require so they could prepare. We arrived at 2pm for check in and the receptionist was super friendly. Our room was airey and clean, with the cutest l'occotaine toiletries, including pillow spray which is so incredibly luxious. We had the breakfast and chowed down on fresh baguettes, a million cheeses and hams. You could boil eggs and enjoy local produce including pain au chocolate (what could get more French?) Coffee was bought over to us, and there was fresh fruit juice. The bed was comfy and the rooms quiet. We barely stay in a room if we're on a city break but this called for a much needed night in, having a lazy bath and catching some sun on the little balcony. Honestly the nicest hotel I've stayed at in Paris- it's a treat. Right by the metro which is super handy. Couldn't be happier!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Warm welcome in Paris
    • Classic Single Room

I heard the noise from the next door and upstairs so I needed to use ear plugs.

The receptionist was super kind! I asked about a flea market, then she soon checked in the internet and told me about the very famous big flea market of Clignancourt. Furthermore, she printed the map and gave me some advice so that I would not be lost. The hotel is very close to a metro station, "Etoile". There is a nice cafe nearby, "Le General" where I could have very nice breakfast on Sunday morning. Many cafes, bars and restaurants around the hotel. The room is small, but everything you need is equipped. Not luxurious, but cozy, clean and comfortable hotel.

Great place!
    • Classic Single Room

The room was very warm and cosy.

Julia is an amazing staff at the reception and Hadi as well. There is however another lady that was not friendly. Very crude and rude. She does not hold any values as far as hospitality is concerned. Did not get to see her name but looks like she is of Asian origin. She should know that great service costs nothing and also a warm welcome is always a plus to the property's review and also to the guest experience. Hadi also was one amazing guy who really helped a lot. Please work on your safes I spent 2 hours the last night trying to open it up. The lady at the reception gave me manuals that did not match the safe. It was until I took a photo of the safe and took it to her when she gave me a manual to reset the safe and open it up. For some reason the safe failed to open and I had never changed the password. It was worrying because my passport was in there and I had an early morning flight.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Close to everything
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The room was very small and there was no tea and coffee making facilities in the room

The view from the balcony was great and just being down the road from Arc de Triomphe was even better

Recommend!
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Nice and friendly staff, clean room - Greetings to the cleaning lady who didnt wake us up even when we had forgotten to put the do not disturb sign and let us sleep until the late afternoon, after coming back from late lunch/ dinner the room was nicely cleaned :) location is great! Lots of nice restaurants around and everything is close by!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Excellent location for the Marathon
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

No coffee facilities within the room. Air conditioning system did not function all of the time.

The staff were extremely helpful and happy to speak English. Location for the Marathon was ideal.

Dont go
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The hotel is very loud, you hear everything including next room's toilet. The bar isnt open 24. The room looks cheap. Bathroom not practical and it s not a real bath...

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

I've been in better 3 stars.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Room facilities was quite basic. Small room.

Quiet location and low traffic noise even though I had windows facing the street. Was able to sleep well.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Perfect location, quaint.

Perfect location. Close to cafe, starbucks, a little supermarket (we grabbed some salami, cheese and freshly baked bread and took it to go for lunch) and the metro. Few minutes walk to Arc de Triomphe. Cute and quaint little place. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Mediocre hotel with less than attentive staff
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The staff attentiveness could be severely improved. We asked for tea, which costs 4 euro per cup and she told us to go get our own cups and did not even bring the water to a full boil because she did not want to make the tea. The room is just OK - not great and not terrible. The bed is not very comfortable. There are other better hotels in the area for the same price.

The location is good

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

The hotel is located close to the Arc de Triomphe in a good...
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The bathtub plug was broken and therefore it was completely unusable (anyway, the shower was perfectly working); a refrigerator in the room would have been useful. The room was a bit too noisy.

The hotel is located close to the Arc de Triomphe in a good and beautiful district; the staff is very nice and let us leave the luggages both at the arrival and at the departure day; the room was clean and cozy, with all the facilities included. the wifi connection was fast and the room had also a very beautiful and quite big balcony (5th floor).

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Brilliant. Amazing. First class location
    • Quadruple Room

The breakfast selection could have been better. My daughter is a vegan so couldn't eat anything for breakfast which meant leaving the hotel early to eat out

Location was first class. Very pretty hotel. Staff couldn't do enough for us

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Beyond the expectations
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

The lift was slow, but was not a big deal.

Staff were so friendly and helpful, representing the real feel of french hospitality. Comfortable mattresses, very clean bathroom and nice balconies. Complimentary hot tea and coffee all the day night except breakfast time. Last but not the least, supreb location.

Location , clean ,welcoming staff
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

-Small room -the walls has no noise isolation ,you can hear everything from outside and the rooms next to you

Location , clean ,welcoming staff

Staff excellent , warm welcoming and at 11:30 our room was...
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Some renovating needed but still perfectly on top !!!

Staff excellent , warm welcoming and at 11:30 our room was ready . All good !!!

Perfect location, Great room and close to Spanish Steps

Very good location in heart of Paris and the staff was great

Very good location in heart of Paris and the staff was great

I was very satisfied

hospitality

Great hotel. Would come back.

Breakfast was expensive and very limited

Excellent location, great room. Small luxury hotel.

breakfast was not that good

breakfast was not that good

location is what I liked the most

no minibar

location is what I liked the most

Really nice hotel

Missing cappuccino

Amazing location

Great inexpensive place to stay in central Paris , close to the metro as well .
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Close to central Paris, excellent value

Comfortable and convenient
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Good lord cation, convenient for family trip including small kids.

• Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Front staff was not efficient. Busy talking or assisting other guests.

• Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

They charge a supplemental 30€ for the second person/night Staff promised a separated bill by email and never sent it

IT WAS A GOOD CHOICE AND WERE WERE VERY SATISFIED

THE ELEVATOR IS RATHER SLOW AND RICKITY

THE STAFF WERE HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. THE BREAKFAST GREAT. THE LOCATION SUPERB

Pleasant
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Wifi was not working all the times. Lift very small. Found some hairs in the bathroom.

Close to the sightseeing places and metro.

great location reasonable value
    • Classic Single Room

Room was a little small and a little too warm.

It was a great location for the marathon.

Very good location, clean rooms with comfortable beds, good...
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Very good location, clean rooms with comfortable beds, good breakfast, and kind staff

Good location , nice room , friendly staff

Good location , nice room , friendly staff

Central location
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Not sound proof, thin walls between rooms.

Central location

correct

isolation insuffisante

l'emplacement

Excellent location, helpful staff, reasonable price.

Rooms are too small.

Excellent location, helpful staff, reasonable price.

Very good location and good value for money. Other than that, everything else is pretty average.

Great hotel with helpful staff

Good
    • Classic Single Room

The rooms were too small and the rooms seemed quite expensive.

The staff was very friendly and the location was bang on.

• Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Great location. Metro station nearby. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Beautiful room in a nice hotel with attention to travelers
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Neighbours of the room can be heard.

Beautiful room in a nice hotel with attention to travelers

expensive

location, good place

Room very calm and clean
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Bathroom a little bit old even it was very clean!

Room very calm and clean

Great location/price trade-off and very nice staff.
    • Classic Double Room - Large Bed or Twin Beds

Great location/price trade-off and very nice staff.

Browse Tilsitt Etoile traveller photo gallery