Reviews of Hôtel du Jardin des Plantes (ex : Timhotel) 3 stars

5 rue Linné, 5th arr., 75005 Paris, France

#1268 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Comfort Twin Room

More coffee in my room pls ;)

It was such a great location. The hotel is under construction rn but even with that said, the staff did great at making us feel at home and welcomed and comfortable. I'm sure once construction is done, it will be an even more enjoyable experience

• Comfort Double Room

When I made the booking, it didn't indicate that building works are taking place at the hotel. I should have been informed by the hotel way in advance so I can decide if I go ahead with booking. Noise was obviously a prob! I just wasn’t prepared for how small. The room was so tiny that I had to put myself aside for to pass from side to side of the bed. The reception and elevator were dirty and didn’t smell the greatest. The bedroom window was closed with a plastic because of the works. So, it's easy to imagine the view! Invoice issues: although the room was occupied only by one person, the reception handed over an invoice indicating “two persons” and refused to change it. The reception emailed me an invoice made in an excel file!

Location is good.

• Comfort Double Room

There was renovation in the hotel which is statting early in the mrng, some guest stuck in elevator but most important thing is tt ; the toilet is seperated fm the shower area and without water and it is very small ...

Staf is helpful.

• Comfort Double Room

Renovation dust all over. Leaking ceiling in the bathroom and next to the bed (!). Personnel did not apologise in any way for the obvious inconveniences. As well personnel did not offer to make me a breakfast to go as I had to leave a bit before the breakfast was served.

Location convenient to take the train at Austerlitz.

• Comfort Double Room

There was no garden/city view as written, the price was very expensive compared to the value I have received (I have received the same value before with much much lower cost), there were no cold water and the vending machine was empty. Moreover, there were renovations in two floors in the building. The elevator was also out of order sometimes.

Location was great , staff was very friendly, and the room looked very comfortable

• Comfort Double Room

The hotel is very close nearby, just outside one of the entrance gate, the botanical garden and museum of Paris. Very practical when joining a workshop at the museum, as I did.

• Comfort Double Room

Always a great pleasure to be woken up at 8am by the noise of construction workers destroying a bedroom... especially when said workers destroy a pipe that result in my bathroom being flooded...

Convenient location.

• Comfort Twin Room

There were leakages coming from the bathroom ceiling dripping all over the bathroom. In their favour, the management was renewing the hotel, so I assume it was resulting from refurbishing works. I have no problem staying there again.

They did a very good job running the hotel with the means they have, but like many hotels in Paris, prices are quite exorbitant. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Comfort Double Room

The lift is not suitable for more than 2 adults and case it only takes 3 people max

It is a budget hotel get it as cheap as you can you wont be disappointed metro is close by

• Comfort Double Room

Small elevator, some might find rooms on the small side if compared with comparable American hotels, staff not overly friendly but not rude either

Comfotable bed, Clean well taken care of room, nice bathroom, Excellent location our room had a nice window opening to a pretty courtyard.

• Comfort Double Room

the size of the room, nothing like what was advertised. The wifi was sub-par and no water in the room when you come in. Apparently, you only get it your first night, that's fine but there was no water fountain anywhere in the hotel either. We bought our water every day to drink. Also, our toilet seat was broken in the bathroom, it came lose the first day and kept falling apart on us no matter who used it. The bathroom was incredibly small, a larger person would struggle to fit into the shower.

the bed was decent and the breakfast had all the essentials. The location was near the metro and other transportations. Easy to get to from the airport using the metro, no need for taxis and or uber unless you're in a rush.

• Comfort Double Room

Quality of room. We booked a double but were given a twin. The room and general hotel were rather shabby and everything felt very cramped.

The room was very quiet at night.

• Comfort Double Room

The room was tiny so there was actually no space for our luggage. The bathroom door was not closing properly, basically leaking noise and smell into the room. I have never seen such a tiny bathroom before. Generally I would have expected more value for Money.

The location of the Hotel is very good, only 15-20 min walk to Notre Dam. The metro stop Jussieu is about 2 min away. Also a small Supermarket closeby. The Hotel was quiet so we managed to get a good reset in General. The bathroom was newly renovated.

• Comfort Single Room

A little bit run down, breakfast selection a bit boring, staff not rude but not polite.

The room was clean and tidy. Fresh sheets were given and towels replaced.

• Comfort Double Room

Hotel is located close to the Notre Dame cathedral. Public transportation were close. Lots of little restaurants around but we found a pizzeria. They sell pizza for €5 and 2 people can eat and get filled easily with it. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom had everything you need.

• Comfort Double Room

A small fridge in my room to keep fresh milk for coffee would have been helpful. The toilet paper was very very very scratchy. One of the local restaurants listed in their suggestions for dining gave me a very poor meal.

The staff were excellent - helpful, pleasant and multilingual. I loved that I could open the window of my room for fresh air and to regulate the temperature of my room (I hate not being able to do this, especially when hotels are overheated). I requested a quiet room and got one (overlooking the central courtyard, which suited me very well). The bed was more comfortable than many I encountered during this trip with nice clean linen. I only made it to one breakfast so can't really comment except that the bread was good and the coffee adequate.

• Comfort Double Room

Exhaust fan in the bathroom could have functioned better.

The bed was really comfortable. Helpful and friendly staff. Location next to Jardin des Plantes.

• Comfort Double Room

We've never been in worse hotel in Paris. It has 3 stars-but this is more hostel then hotel. Room was full of moister, hasn't been cleaned for 4 days(just trashbin emptied and towels changed), dirty walls, bathtube was so dirty when we came(and not cleaned all 4 days). There was not fridge(minibar) in the room, no safe/locker..Elevator is so small that 2 adults and twoyearold kid nearly couldn' step in.

Just location and that's it.

• Comfort Double Room

The room and especially the bathroom were small. Still you can have a nice shower.

Close to metro station (you get directly, e.g., to Galleries La Fayette for some shopping) or you can reach Saint Michel on foot (lots of restaurants).

• Comfort Double Room

The lift is out of service when we are leaving, so we had to carry our big size luggages from 5th floor (the highest floor) to the ground!! The stairs are super narrow... we had have a hard work on it......

Room is big enough for 2 people, near the metro

• Comfort Double Room

You can hear everything - follow the conversations from the neighbors, even though they weren't even being loud. Definitely, need ssome soundproofing.

• Comfort Double Room

The hotel lift is extremely small. However, it did the trick and we did not have to walk up several flights of stairs to get to our room on the fourth floor.

The hotel is in a good location, right near the Jussieu Metro Station and across the street from Jardin des Plantes. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful. We arrived prior to standard check-in time and were able to get into our room fairly quickly. The room was clean. I would recommend the location to friends and family.

• Comfort Double Room

Corridors and elevator very narrow

Welcoming and helpful staff. Nice location near metro, jardin des plantes and several nice restaurants for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks nearby

• Comfort Double Room

Only problem was a small commode room.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Small, but charming top floor room with access to rooftop veranda. Comfortable beds. A good French breakfast, with great refillable coffee, available. Living in a real Paris neighborhood with excellent local restaurants was an extra bonus

• Comfort Double Room

rooms did look like the pic on line and just did fell like value for money

hoel looked nothing like the pics on line. only good thing about the hotel were the staff so nice and very helpfull

• Comfort Double Room

We didn't have shower gel for 2 days, we had to keep asking. Also, we had to keep asking for toilet paper as there wasn't enough in the room.

Bed and room in general very good.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Bathroom was tiny and the sliding door meant it lacked privacy. Constantly banged elbows in the shower. Bed was too small for two people.

Hotel was clean and staff friendly on the whole. Good location for getting around Paris on the metro.

• Comfort Double Room

Been there for the second time - the room are good European Standard. The Restaurant is in a weird, bit too open space, but you could also enjoy that. Breakfast is well sorted and the coffee machine very configurable :)

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Comfort Double Room

I wouldn't even rate it 2.5! This hotel defrauded me of almost £100 and the desk staff lied to me saying the bill had not been paid when it had. So they helped themselves to another night's charge from my account although I only stayed there one night.I have asked repeatedly for a refund of the stolen money but they don't even reply. The staff in general as well as being dishonest and lying to me and stealing my money, were surly and unhelpful. The breakfast charged at 13 euros was disgraceful, cheap cereal, no fresh milk, stale croissants and cheese well past its sell-by date. The water for tea was lukewarm. I didn't try the coffee, it smelled over-heated. Honestly, folks, don't go here! The place is shabby with holes in the carpets and walls and needs redecorating, the staff are rude and surly and unhelpful, the food is over-priced rubbish and you are likely to be charged twice over - then come up against a brick wall when you try to get the 'mistake' rectified. This hotel is a disgrace to Paris and to France!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Photos showed notre dame pic. We were thinking it was closer. It is not! However jardin des plantes was pleasant and beautiful. Walking is nice in area. We both: my daughter and I woke up with big bites all over us. We tried to look but didn't see bed bugs but something sure did get us bad. :(

Location, nice, seemed clean,

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Room is tiny extremely small. Also the bathroom has no lock and little privacy. The lift is small and the stairs are quite dangerous and poorly lit. The bed is also very uncomfortable.

Lovely area and staff very friendly the park across the way is gorgeous and it's very easy to get to the river by walking through. Great location for bars,restaurants and supermarkets.

• Comfort Double Room

As expected, the room was very small however this is the case with everywhere in Paris.

This is great basic accommodation in Paris. Clean room and a reasonable price. It was actually much better than I expected for Paris.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Hallways need cosmetic repairs on walls and carpeting.

Helpful staff -- got 6 a.m. taxi quickly; fresh-baked croissants and pain au chocolat at breakfast; good air-conditioning during hot spell.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The hotel is in very poor maintenance. I understand that hotels may not be perfect and that customers have differing expectations, but this hotel should be listed at as a one star - two at most - NOT a 3 star. I am disappointed with Booking.com for listing it that way. The "cable" tv did not have ONE English channel. No frige for 20 days and no safe.

That they changed the room from one with dry rot on the ceiling and in bathroom, and trucks stopping under the window to a quieter one with only a restaurant shoving trash around at closing, between midnight and one am. The room was better but certainly not 3 star. the carpet filthy. The door was so heavy that you had to throw yourself at it to open in. The location was handy but the streets around hotel were very dirty, and I must add, a little scary.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Only there one night but would be cramped for more than a few days

Great location for this gardener close to local gardens, rail station and many affordable places to eat. Very helpful staff who made sure my taxi arrived for an airport connection

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The bed was too short and our feet were hanging off, it was very uncomfortable because of this. Also the bed spread had stains which were so obvious, it should have been changed. The carpet had filthy marks all over it. The receptionist was surely, not friendly at all, she was almost like a robot reading out the necessaries. We pre-booked using a credit card and then were told that we had to pay with cash, this was inconvenient, but ok, this can happen sometimes.

The location was ideal, right next to the Garden and there were lots of places to eat nearby.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Bedroom was small, out dated and stank of smoke. The noise the first night we were there was horrendous, resulting in no sleep. The noise was due to doors being banged , shouting and what sounded like kitchen staff in the early hours. Staff were polite but miserable . They offered help when asked but had he attitude of 'I do not want to be here '

Coffee was fresh and basic breakfast was fresh , continental.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The staff could smile more and welcome you better. The hotel itself with a few little touches could be excellent and small things like broken toilet seats fixed. Carpets were old and dirty looking, even after cleaning.

The location was excellent and the air conditioning was a bonus and needed, liked the hotel as it could have a lot to offer and had a superb bar/bistro down the road across from the Metro

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Strange smell in the room - carpet probably needs a clean.

Great location opposite the Jardin des Plantes. Quiet location. Very comfortable room with a super refurbished shower. Small, but normal Parisian size. Bonus points for a kettle and tea/coffee! Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Would have loved a view but my room at back was spacious and probably quieter than upper rooms. Pity there wasn't a larger lounge area... but beautiful Museum & park just across the road

The hotel personnel were so helpful, one lady lent me her charger connector for my stay there which was a really lovely thing to do. Unfortunately hotel a little far from all the tourist sites but know there are many Tomhotels in Paris. I made good use of the Metro. Lovely places to eat and shop just down the rue though. Thankyou.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

shower was not very well functioning, didn't attach very well to his holder, temperature was difficult to regulate

breakfast was nice, good coffee, liked the heated milk!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

It was not as easy to get to the places we needed to access on the right bank (north of the river.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. It is very close to the Sorbonne for those needing to acces it.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

If you are not looking for fancy room, nothing to complain about!

Perfect location, very close to metro...in quiet neighbourhood, yet again street away from busy areas. Close to good restaurants and famous places of interest :)

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Comfort Double Room

- Personally this is not a bad thing for me but could annoy fussy people. The place is very "french", the corridors are narrow, the stairs are very narrow and the lift is tiny (I only just fitted myself and my suitcase in). Having stayed in many french hotels this seems to be quite common, especially around Paris. I think it is charming and cute but for those who are easily put off, this is how it is there

- Very close to note dame - Very close to Jardin des Plantes (very pretty to walk around, definitely do that) - The man who checked me in was super nice and very helpful - Brilliant italian restaurant right next door - Great value for money - Very typically "french" (ie. very cosy)

The room is very small.

Proximity to a lot of restaurants and landmarks.

• Comfort Double Room

Let us use a spare adapter as we forgot ours and they speak six different languages so communication was very easy.

Shower wall mount loose.

Location, room.

• Comfort Double Room

Lovely friendly staff, we needed to print some tickets off as we had lost the original copy and the receptionist helped us to use the hotels printer!

• Comfort Double Room

Poor accomodation. Photos and description in Booking are substantially different to reality.

• Comfort Single Room

That the third year, I booking that hotel and the price is increasing every year, may be a general trend in Paris.

Staff is very helpful

• Comfort Double Room

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Towels werent big enough

• Comfort Double Room

The room was dirty The carpet had dirty spots all over. The room was very small and also the shower. Very expensive for what I had

No much..

• Comfort Double Room

upon arrival I was asked to pay once more

great choice of breakfast components

• Comfort Double Room

Thought the price was just a bit to high for the kind of hotel and room you get

Walking distance to Train and 15 min walk to Notre Dame

• Comfort Double Room

Hotel installations are old, deserve a renew.

Great location, good staff and fair accomodation.

Bed was too soft

Very friendly and helpful staff

• Comfort Double Room

The hotel room. Nothing like the pictures. Very over priced for what your paying for.

The staff were friendly and location was good.

• Comfort Double Room

Not everyone from the service staff speaks English Small elevator Small toilet No mini-bar

Good breakfast Good location Many restaurants around

No English channels

Cleanliness, location and staff

• Comfort Double Room

The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating.

Noise isolation

Great location, good choice at the breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Comfort Double Room

The proximity to the Jardin des Plantes, the Seine and Notre Dame. We walked a lot.

• Comfort Double Room

That the bathroom was separated from the shower room

The location was perfect!

lift is a bit small

• Comfort Double Room

It's place in a very good location and the staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Not particularly friendly staff. But the place is fine.

• Comfort Double Room

The way the room looks bigger in the photos, only 1 pillow per guest 😟 Bathroom very small, mould round the window in room 31 noise around the hotel

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

The location was perfect and the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

decor of room was a bit out dated

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

toilet and shower separately

Coffee, tea and electric coffee pot to prepare them for free...some biscuits for free as well

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The room is too small and I can hear some noise.

The service is very nice,and the location is very near the metro station and bus station

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Great location near the Natural history museum, metro, water bus and restaurants. 30 minute walk to Notre Dam Cathedral Friendly staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016