2. France hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Timhotel Le Louvre

Reviews of Timhotel Le Louvre

4 rue Croix des Petits Champs, 1st arr., 75001 Paris, France

#1319 of 1,607 hotels in Paris

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

The location of the property is great.

I had read reviews that the hotel was noisey. I ignored these as I assumed as it’s so centrally located it can’t be helped however during our stay we found the noise from inside the hotel more of an issue. The corridors are narrow and rooms are close so there was lots of door banging and voices from early morning. The cleaning staff began their rounds very early too which was very noisey.

The location of the property is great. Very close to lots of shops, bars and attractions. We did not have to use public transport the during our whole trip

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Disappointed

I booked an accessible room, it was on the 2nd floor and had 3 outside steps to the room. If we had to evacuate my 84yr old mother would have struggled with the wrought iron fire escape. I had to ask for additional pillows and was told they did not have any and eventually they found some I also had to ask for additional towels because they only left 2 between us

There was very little to like except 1 member of staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Lovely stay! Great location!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The light at her bedside closest to the bathroom did not work. The kettle needs to be replaced as it was leaking from the bottom.

The staff were friendly and helpful. My sister and I found the room to be cozy and clean.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Very enjoyable.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I booked to include the cost of breakfasts each morning so we would know how much it would cost as we were visiting Paris on a shoestring. Unfortunately we were asked to pay over an extra €100 when we checked out.

How near it was to all the attractions we wanted to see such as The Louvre.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very small rooms, not well furnished, overpriced, pigeon holes for toilets. The staff Liam that water bottle is given only once at start of stay even if the stay is for a week!!

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Horrible experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Horrible place to stay. Tiny rooms. Tiny beds. Even tinier showers. Bottle of water provided only on the first day and afterwards you have to buy from the hotel. The breakfast is nothing to write home about. Very limited options. The rooms are like matchboxes. Induced a feeling of claustrophobia in me.

There was nothing I liked.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

I will never come back to this hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It was very, very old this hotel.

I have never been living in a such horrible place. You pay nearly 300€ and get nothing. Dirty, ugly and horrible. I will never go there again. I can´t understand that booking.com recomend this place.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Th staff was outstanding and helped with every one of our...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The taxi cab driver on the last day 25-9-2018 that took us to the airport at 7:00, 7:30 AM I want reported!!!!!!! He was very rude, loud raido,windows down, exhaust coming in, fighting on the personal phone, with I guess, his wife, would not let us be dropped off at the curb due to construction. We witnessed other drivers letting customers do this. Then he took us to a bottom of a hill inwhich we were suppose to push up our very heavy suitcases, we said no, then he took us to parking garage and got a ticket and said we would have to pay. We saw a sign that gave you a 15 minute grace period in and out. He parked and got out our suitscases and we paid him the fair agreed upon and he wanted $7.00 extra dollars for the parking garage or he was going to keep one of our suitcases, he started putting it back in the taxi. He was literely hold us hostage. There was no one around at that hour to come to our aid. We paid him the additional extra $7.00 unhappily. His boss needs to be aware of his behavior. Could you please pass this on? Thank you, Laurie................Everything else was awesome......What a way to leave Paris!!!!!!!!

Th staff was outstanding and helped with every one of our needs. Speaking English was also very helpful.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Location was fantastic, many resturante near by.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Toilet was soo small, that cant even move. Shower area was just 32”x32”. After closing the door it looks like coffin.

Location was fantastic, many resturante near by.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Hard to think it could be better. A very pleasant and agreeable experience.
    • Comfort Single Room

There was construction/renovations going on and, although workmen were extremely conscious of their surroundings, there was noises from drills in some late afternoons, but not all days. Renovations are something to look forward to during our next visit and stay at this Hotel. Well done Tim Hotel.

The staff were pleasant, polite, informative, helpful in every way possible. The location is excellent; the breakfasts offered(choices of food) are excellent value for your money. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

The hotel is nearby a metro and the Louvre.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is under construction. I did not know that. Was not on the website! First night we slept in an older room on the first floor. The airco was not working. Second night was better on the 5th Floor in a new room (small bathroom). But there was a lot of dust in the hotel because of the renovation. They worked also in the weekend and you can hear them. Way too expensive for this room. And breakfast is not included.

The hotel is nearby a metro and the Louvre.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Location and value for your money.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Washroom outdated but spacious. They are renovating some rooms so can hear some noise during the day.

Location and value for your money. Room is spacious for Parisian standard. Close to everything. Close to the Louvre, grocery, pharmacy , metro and restaurants just outside the the hotel.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

The worst experience I ever had in a hotel, shower broken...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The worst experience I ever had in a hotel, shower broken & dirty, the door of the bathroom brooken as well , remote control of the tv without batteries, and even after inform the reception after 3 days only, the batteries of the remote control of the tv were replaced. If I can give you a suggestion, don't go there

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Terrible experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We stayed for 4 nights here at the beginning of Aug. And for the first 3 nights our room’s air condition did not work... every night when we return to our room we’d find the air con still broken and had to complain to a hotel staff. This person would promise to change us to a different room but in the morning a different person would be at the front desk and has no clue what we’re talking about. August was one of the hottest month in Europe this year and it’s definitely not comfortable in the hotel room without air con... what irritated me the most was that the staffs didn’t even seem to try to fix things, one told us “but how hot can it be? This is France not Africa...” The WORST hotel experience I’ve ever had in Paris...

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Breakfast terrific.

The elevator only allowed for 2 people at a time.

Breakfast terrific. Location was also terrific. Especially good/close for visiting the Louvre Plaza at night. Close to both tourist locations. Do not take big bus tour hop on hop off if you want to go to Rodan or Orsay museums.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Will definitely book this hotel for next visit.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We only have one negative to say that the breakfast, priced separately was expensive, twice the price compared to outside the hotel, consequently we did not eat in the hotel.

The hotel has recently been refurbished, and we were really pleased with all aspects as mentioned above.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

The location was great.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Our room was tiny and had very limited space to put our luggage and daily supplies. The ventilation was poor and the ac seems to be barely working.

The location was great. Easy access to metro.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

the hotel literally stinks
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The entire room smells like sewer gas, with the smell coming from the shower stall. It really stank! It appeared that the "stink pipe" was routed directly into the shower stall, I'm convinced if you lit a match in this room it might cause an explosion. This can not be constructed to safety codes.

The hotel has a great location, a couple blocks from the Louvre and walking distance to many great attractions such as Notre Dame and the latin quarter. The included breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

It was a great location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in the middle of refitting. There was dust and plastic floor coverings all over. There were boxed fittings in stair wells etc. Our room air conditioning did not work, our room window would not open and the bathroom ventilation failed. The room was humid and we were offered a oscillating fan which just made the hot air circulate more. Even the staff member said wow to the heat and humidity when I complained. Not good enough for a large hotel chain

It was a great location

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Perfect location in central Paris close to Le Louvre and numerous cafes and hop on off bus not far
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Perfect location near Le Louvre, cafes and hop on hop off bus. Great continental breakfast. Staff member on evenings, I think his name was Michel was absolutely lovely and so helpful when I needed some help, he is an incredible asset to the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

A great, small hotel in amazing location w/ cafes next door & very safe area. I highly recommend.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I liked everything. Room a bit small, but I expected that. Same with bathroom and shower, but a great adventure on space-saving. No big deal and a lot of fun.

I had the same room 10 yrs ago; great view in front; very nice, helpful staff 24 hrs/day; 1-2 min walk to Le Louvre Musee; many cafes just next door; I would stay there again. A favorite of mine for Paris.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Goid
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

weren’t able to have single beds. E mailed week before to remind them as I sleep better in a single bed . Seems they were unable to accommodate me. Otherwise great.

Stayed here before. Great situation

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Not good enough
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Carrying bags to top floor from elevator. Only half a room due to sloping ceiling. Can not stand up properly in shower due to sloping ceiling. No mini-bar. Foreign language channels inoperative on tv. Room looked nothing like the photo's. This was without a doubt the worst value for money hotel room I have ever stayed in. Coming from someone who does trips in outback Australia that is saying something. Whatever you do do not stay on the 6th floor these rooms are compromised because of the sloping ceiling and you have to drag your bags up a flight of steps as the elevator stops on the 5th floor. The room is at least clean and the location is great, but the negatives far outweigh the positives. Being a three star hotel I didn't expect much - but got even less.

location clean plenty of power outlets.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Loved the location and very good staff....would consider staying there again because of those two re
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The facility especially the bathrooms door couldn't close. The bottom lid of the toilet doesn't stay up. the shower is just too small. If the hotel did major rennovations in their bathrooms/showers that would be fantastic.

The location is excellent....most major attractions, cafes and shopping centers are stone throw away. They have great, friendly customer service.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Ok stay, I wouldn’t stay here again but the location was great.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Our room had a wall AC unit which made this popping noise about every hour for several minutes. It made it difficult to sleep as it would wake me up every so often. The walls are thin and we could hear the guests next door. I was annoyed being awakened around 8 AM to staff building a shelf unit down the hall. It sounded like they were right outside my room as the drill was very loud. They were actually halfway down the hall if that tells you how thin the walls are.

Breakfast is great. Pastries were made fresh each day.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Perfect!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It wasnt the hotels fault (blame booking & expedita) but we ecpecially asked for a doublebed but got two singlebeds... we were able to switch rooms the day after though.

Good breakfast with croissants, fresh bread, coffee and yoghurt. Nice and helpful staff. Excellent location, we did not take the Metro once; absolutely perfect!

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

The location was great , literally next to Louvre.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There was some construction going on at the hotel...They'd gave us a room next to the workers.They are so loud , we'd never been able to sleep in the morning...This has my third time at that hotel but I never lived that kind of thing before...That's make me so sad...In the future I will consider whether I'll go back or not...

The location was great , literally next to Louvre.Very near to metro station.You can go everywhere with metro system.Also cleaning personal was great...

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Enjoyed our stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My only bad comment would be that the shower/bathroom was a little on the small side. Next time we book we will go for one of the bigger rooms.

We have stayed here three times. Always friendly, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Great location and adequate facilities.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The wheelchair access room was on the ground floor which was good but there were no windows and the air-con was out of order so the room was quite hot and smelt a bit like toilet. Also the only bed option was a queen which couldn't be split into singles so my friend and I had to share the bed. There is also a step at the front door, they had a stepless door but it was not in use.

The wheelchair access bathroom was very spacious and well designed.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Very bed impression. Cheating with the reservation and payment
    • Quadruple Room

We traveled with children and on arrival at the hotel it turned out that the room we ordered with two large beds there is no in the hotel, while for some reason it can be booked. As a result, we with children were offered to stay in separate rooms not connected, which was completely unacceptable. After tiring negotiations and wasting time we were placed with children in a room for two people and brought there one single bed. I was very unhappy, in addition, I was told to pay the full cost of a large room (with 2 big beds) and promised to put some money back on my card, but I still have not received any refund. In addition, the hotel is in repair, the dirt from the construction site and the materials are lying in the corridors. Very bad impression.

only location

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Terrible hotel to stay, is 2 stars hotel for me.
    • Comfort Single Room

The hotel is under renovation, the lobby is very small and dirty. The shower is very very small, you can hardly enter, and I am slim, for someone overweight would be impossible . Noisy and bad smell because of renovation. The lobby is so small. On booking it wasn’t mentioned that hotel is under renovation. Rooms tiny.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Would go back for the price, convenient location and comfort
    • Comfort Single Room

There was some renovation work going on, nothing loud, but work during the day which brought some dust in the corridors.

Great location and comfortable bedding. Great value for money

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

A comfortable and convenient stay, but would have liked a more spacious room.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room was very small and the shower far too small (I am very slim) to the point of being dangerous. Building work going on in corridors and breakfast area.

Friendly staff who spoke English, good location, electronic safe in room, substantial breakfast.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Good location, really bad staff
    • Comfort Single Room

1. The hotel is not how is shown in the pictures. 2. The room was really small in comparison to those shown in the pictures 3. The reception staff is not very helpful and/or educated. Not interested at all in the guest and it seemed they were there obligated. 4. The elevator did´t work and I had to take the stairs with luggage. Staff just didn´t care, didn´t help with luggage and not even apologised for the inconvenience

The location is very good

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

GOOD LOCATION, NICE STAFF
    • Superior Single Room

THE SHOWER CUBICLE WAY TO SMALL AND DATED PIVOT DOOR AND OLD MIXER NOT THERMOSTATIC THE LOBBY AND ELEVATOR LOBBY SHOULD BE UPDATED

THE STAFF WAS VERY WELCOMING AND THE HOTEL IS NICELY POSITIONED

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

• Comfort Single Room

It was a little bit difficult to connect to the internet and there was no safe inside the room

It was very nice and i really enjoyed my vacation there. I booked a single room and found it comfortable. All the staff were very nice and helpful and i will definitely go there again. The location of the hotel is "Perfect"

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

Not a place to stay in Paris
    • Quadruple Room

Tiny rooms, Donut and other stuff under the bed. Have to tell the front desk to get it cleaned. Rest room is ridiculous .. falling apart, Tiny .. Shower head fell on head couple of times. Shower curtain touches the body if one moves. I believe shower is 2x2 in size. No hair dryer. Shower gel stand was broken and no place to put it. Found couple of cockroaches in rest room. Lift didn't work while checking out and forced to carry all the luggage via steps. One of the worse hotels ever stayed.

Location, Breakfast, Food Staff

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

A decent hotel in the centre of Paris
    • Comfort Single Room

When i got in the room i felt it was too tiny. After i came back from dinner i found the room to be too cold. The room was not heating up and not to mention that the window was single glazed and exposed to the elements. I had to sleep with my socks on and moved into another room the next day. I could hear my neighbour snore in the middle of the night

The property is located in one of the best localities. It is bang opposite the Louvre, close to the underground train and walking distance to Pont neuf. The staff is good and helpful, they are available 24h so you can call them any time and they will be there to assist you. My room was not heating up and I was provided an extra blanket late in the night. The hotel got me a different room the next day as the one I had was too cold. The breakfast provided is good value for money

• Reviewed: December 2, 2017

Proximity to central Paris.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bathroom especially the shower. It is too difficult to manouvre seems "taps" are in a very awkward place.

Proximity to central Paris. Able to walk to interests.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Good hotel for quiet travelers
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The sockets are a little bit weirdly and scarcely placed. There were only two in the room. And I guess, the hotel’s price is too much for what it offers.

Perfectly located hotel! Right by Louvre which means one can get around Paris easily! A good standard breakfast. Rooms are pretty cute and cozy - ours was on 5th floor, a mansard. Staff was alright - no exaggerated smiles and non-stop nodding, just the needed a nice hi and bye.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

You get what you paid for.
    • Comfort Single Room

The shower is very difficult to get into. Also very small. Toilet seat does not stay up and will fall and close by itself. Basically one hand needs to keep the seat up! Challenging. Also, since my room is at the first floor, I hear a lot of drainage noises, very annoying.

Location is central next to the Lourve. Restaurants are in abundance downstairs all have English menu (tourist menu :-) The galleries are very much next door such as Galleries Vero Dodat and Galleries Vivienne is only 5 minutes away. Perfect place to hide under rain. Staff are also helpful and willing to speak English.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Excellent location, very comfortable bed and really good breakfast.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It shows pictures of toiletries provided in the room, but in reality it was a dispenser of shower gel attached to the shower wall for washing body and hair. No shampoo or conditioner provided.

Great breakfast, very comfortable bed. The hotel was also quiet, and they responded to a special request for us to have space to put luggage in our room. Shower was hot and tea and coffee making facilities in the room were appreciated.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Satisfaited.
    • Comfort Single Room

The room size is quite small but enough space for a single person. (I stayed the single room)

Spotless clean, excellent heating system, great location, very quite, kind staff. A very mini “mini bar” with kettle, coffee and tea. Basically they have everything I need.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Very close to the Louvre
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We asked if the breakfast was included in the room price. They answered yes. But it was not. We had to pay it separately... this looked as a scam.

Very close to the Louvre

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

Budget hotel in great location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning did not work and gave a musty moldy smell. The windows opened but no screen and right by a walkway so felt uncomfortable leaving them open at night.

The Iocatiin was excellent, shirt walking distance to beautiful Paris attractions. Restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Pleasant stay at a fantastic location with easy access to the best of Paris!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Wifi was a big bummer! Booking an Uber also took a few minutes! That was the most disappointing part of the stay. Location however makes up for any gaps/misses in the infrastructure or the facilities at the hotel.

Absolutely fantastic location and good staff. However the facilities were a bit less as compared to the price being paid for the property. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy, staff is extremely friendly. All in all a pleasant stay especially with the louvre a jump away!

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

The only good thing was the location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room had no windows, the air-condition didn't work so there was really hot in the room without any possibility to get fresh air. The front desk told us that as we are booked through booking we cannot switch rooms. Wanted to buy another hotel but that day everything was overbooked so we had to stay. Really bad experience. The breakfast was also very bad.

The only good thing was the location.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

They people in front desk is kind and nice, they help you...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room is too small, the door is too close with the wardrob and leave the room is complicated for the clouthing shoulder pads

They people in front desk is kind and nice, they help you with anything, the hotel is near to the Louvre Museum and metro stations, is a safe place

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

A very pleasant trip exploring older Paris and its history...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Slightly pricey breakfast, I would rather pay per items/for what I eat not an overall price. A little noisy at night at times. The rooms could be a bit stuffy. Our bathroom/shower was rather small, luckily we are slender ladies...

The setting in old Paris is lovely. The staff were generally helpful. The rooms were refreshed each day. The breakfast felt a bit pricey if one has a small/average appetite. It was a little noisy at night at times.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Enjoyable girls city break
    • Quadruple Room

The air conditioning wasn’t great, 4 people in one room it got a little hot during the nights. Also an iron would of been handy for the room!

The bed were very comfy; the staff were really friendly and attentive!! The location was very good close to bus and train stations and also The Louvre! Clean beds and towels everyday :)

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Nice, convenient Hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nice room with clean bathroom but the shower was small and difficult to get in.

Nice hotel, center of Paris. Easy access to the Louvre, Opera and the Seine . Walk or take Metro to many tourists sites. The staff is nice and very friendly. They will give clear directions if you don't speak French.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

Location very good if you want roomy this is not the place but this maybe just how Paris is
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner broke and no maintenance staff to repair it. It got quite warm in the room. Also the shower was very very small to my liking

It seemed lke a what a Paris place would be good location to transportation louvre and notte dame

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Do not stay in this hotel!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

They advertise that the hotel was completely remodeled but our room was obviously missed. One of the paper coffee cups they provided in the room was previously used. The telephone did not work and was not fixed during our stay. The air conditioner did not work and was not fixed during our stay (they did bring us a fan). The shower was moldy.

Location was very convenient.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Pretty awful communication
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Arrived to find that our room was no longer available - no contact or email to advise in advance, booked into another hotel and only paid for taxi transfer after we complained. Due to upheaval we missed a tour that we had paid for - which didn't seem to matter to them.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

The TimHotel is a great budget hotel but don't expect too much
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The A/C in our room was broken and was not fixed during our stay. This might not have been a big deal except our room faced the main road so if we opened the window to cool the room off the traffic was really loud even in the middle of the night. The breakfast was very expensive and not that great we only had it one day.

The location is fantastic. the hotel is close to several metro stations, major attractions and great restaurants. the bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Close to major attractions!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room was a little small but adequate for our needs.

Amin, one of the desk staff members was especially cheerful and helpful. Breakfast was also very good.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Great location in a small room.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms are very small both bedroom and washroom. Breakfast can be found at a number of cafes within the same block for much less than the hotel charges. Rooms are dated and carpet is worn. Could use a refresh.

Location was great, easy walking distance to the Louvre and central for everything else. If you plan ahead they can book you on a hop on hop off bus tour or boat ride with a discount. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2017

Staff were very helpful and spoke good english, our room was...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff were very helpful and spoke good english, our room was large and clean, the location is awesome just a 2 min walk from the lourve and public transport

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

Location was perfect.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room we were staying in for 9 nights was on the first floor and looking onto the narrow lobby, that's why we couldn't open the window. Although there was the airconditioner, the room was rather stuffy. Moreover, there were some renovation works in progress on the ground floor, so it was also noisy during the day. Well, no one goes to Paris to stay at the hotel, but nevertheless one can expect some comfort and calmness whan they are in their hotel room... The other 'prominent' minus was the shower cabin. It was very small and extremely uncomfortable. The shower was kind of fixed to the wall and couldn't be removed.

Location was perfect. The hotel is almost near Le Louvre and quai de Seine. Many other Parisian landmarks are also within walking distance. The price was reasonable, taken into account high prices in the central districts of Paris.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

If the hotel had lived up to venue and ratings great, it didn't !

Disappointed with the reception on arrival and the lack of a twin room even though it had been specifically requested. Breakfast is very expensive. Rooms too small and bathrooms way to small to accommodate any normal person. As for the showers forget it.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Basic, small, clean. Good location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Booked a twin. They gave us a double. Travelling with my adult daughter so not ideal. Booking through booking.com doesn't guarantee what you request

Close to the louvre

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Excellent location with the Louvre right around the corner.
    • Quadruple Room

Excellent location with the Louvre right around the corner. Plenty of cafes and shops near by, metro station and bus stop a short stroll away. Hotel room was small but comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Hotel is in a really GREAT location and has very friendly staff. Highly recommended!
    • Comfort Single Room

HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOTEL, BUT BEWARE: I had troubles with public transport nearly EVERY time. The absolute worst instances where: 1. Summer 2015: The complete traffic broke down, and even though I had more than 4 hours to get from Orly Airport to CDG Airport, I nearly missed my flight and had to leave my main luggage behind... 2. Summer 2017: When going to France, the TGV from CDG to Rennes was 3 1/2 hours (!) late and we had to spend an unplanned night in Rennes. On the way back to Austria, the line "RER B" (which normally goes directly to CDG Airport) was interrupted, and it took 3 changes and a bus shuttle (!) to circumvent this interruption... Thankfully this time I had planned AMPLE time reserves - more than 3 hours for a journey that should normally only take one hour...

The location is excellent, just a few minutes from the Louvre. I was in Paris 3 times before, but never got around to visiting that world-renowned museum - this time it worked out, despite the fact that I only stayed for one night :-)

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

The very convenient base greatly contributed to the enjoyment of my break in Paris. -
    • Comfort Single Room

There was no safe in the room and there was a charge of 4 euros per day to hire a safe in the reception area. The breakfast selection was limited and I thought was over-priced at 13.50 euros a day.

The location was superb - five minutes walk from Le Louvre, 5 mins from a Ligne 1 metro station and two minutes from a small branch of a chain supermarket. Quite a few restaurants within 5 minutes' walk. Being able to watch sunset from the Louvre courtyard and then have just a 5 minute walk back to the hotel was great! The room was small but clean and comfortable - the shower was good. Decent tea making facilities. The room was excellent value for money. Breakfast was expensive but it was possible to decide whether to buy breakfast on a day to day basis.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Tiny!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Tiny cramped elevator and smelly stairwell. Tiny cramped shower with a drain that was 90% plugged, and they never did unplug it after asking them 3 days in a row. Also entire building lost power for many hours during a rain storm. Just glad I wasn't in the elevator.

Great location for walking to main attractions.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Dirty hotel with unprofessional staff, don't waste your time & money!
    • Comfort Single Room

Extremely dirty toilet, full of fungus coming out of the walls with black spots The staff was unprofessional they only allowed me to check-in at 4 PM! even though I was at the property at 11 AM

Next to the Louver Museum

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Low Expectations

The staff were incredibly unhelpful from our arrival. We had booked a room with twin beds rather than a double & were put in a room with a double. We asked for a change & they proceeded to argue and deny twin beds had been booked. We had to ask everyday for a room change and after 3 nights of our 7 night stay were finally put in a room we had booked with twin beds. There was no facilities in the room, I would expect a mini fridge & a safe considering it was supposedly a 3 star hotel however neither was provided nor a hairdryer. One 500ml bottle of water was provided for two people for a week long stay, they shouldn't provide it all if it's not going to be replenished daily. Our room cards stopped working every day and it was such an inconvenience to the staff to fix it. On one occasion I was made to wait whilst the staff member completed a level on his computer game before he could give me access to my room.

The room was clean and the wifi worked well.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Happy but disappointing
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Requested a double bed but got two singles when we got there, not really good considering we were on our 26th anniversary. We asked to be moved but was denied and told to take it or leave it by a very rude lady who I think was a manager of some sort, but her young male colleague was more under standing but was over ruled by her. Generally the staff were helpful. The room (number 205) we were given was very small and the shower cubicle was no bigger than 2ft square. The door to the bathroom was broken and wouldn't close which wasn't a very good experience and the door frame was rotting away from where the water had leaked from the shower. The asian maid we had was very helpful for more tea and coffee. We didn't have breakfast there because 15 euros each we thought was over priced for croissants and coffee, we found a lovey patisserie just two minute walk away with lovely staff and great service, we payed approx 8 euros for the two off us The hotel definitely needs updating and brighting up, if they was to do this and get rid off this rude lady it would be lovely place to stop and see Paris from.

Good location, plenty of place to eat and drink at, and easy access to the metro

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Tim Hotel Louvre is a wonderful clean well located hotel and I would recommend it to travellers.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The night manager has been there for 20 years yet says he does not speak English!

The day staff were very experienced and eager to assist me with achieving my goals of finding particular shops and places. They were helpful when I needed to call overseas direct.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

A nice stay in Paris
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The cleaning staff was not so responsible. She even didn't cleaned our room on the second day of our stay just because my friend hurrily left two clothes on the bed, which was defined as messy. And the bath room was too small.

The location of the hotel. The staff of the front desk was very friendly.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2017

If not for the location, I would not stay here again with a family of four.
    • Quadruple Room

Air conditioning was not working well Room was not big enough for four people Shower was dangerous - too high and shower door did not keep water off of floor Elevator too small No way to get out of the room in case of an emergency ad the front door was blocked

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Nice location but in a cramped up in a hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Such a contradiction between The pictures of the hotel and the actual hotel Room was crampy. Hand sink was leaking, shower head was leaking

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

only the location
    • Superior Single Room

a shaby place that pretends to accept all main credit cards, allows to book online using Diner's card, but immediatelly after booking asks for visa (booking.com should revise the list of accepted cards)

only the location

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Payment and english communication problems
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I booked a room via Booking.com and payed in advance. During the check-out the reception service requested a payment from me, even though the condtition to make a reservation for the room in this hotel was to prepay it. When I tried to explain the situation, including showing the payment proof, it appeared that the man at the reception didn't speak English at all. He was acting in unpleasent way, and when I refused to pay again, he made me get out of the hotel, even though it was raining. I suppose a three-star hotel in the very city center in Paris can not afford such situations. I felt insulted and frustrated because of lack of communication and misunderstanding.

The location is excellent.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

It was good.
    • Comfort Single Room

- No shower head holder: so basically I'd have to have my shower with one hand constantly holding onto the shower head and hovering it over my head. - No power socket in the bathroom; - Wi-Fi not working totally well; - Note that rooms are not equipped with a hairdryer by default: you have to go to the reception and explictly ask for it. It's no big deal, though.

- Excellent location: in the downtown, next to a metro stop and to the Louvre museum; - Breakfast was abundant and pretty good; and I was given it for free!; - Tv set was cool; - The room was warm, just the way I like it!

We Price Match