Reviews of Timhotel Nation 3 stars

5-7 rue d'Avron, 20th arr., 75020 Paris, France

#1377 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Basic - ok if you get a room on another floor . Stop over ok but not for leisure

Very long to check in Smell coming from the sink ( terrible odour from plug) Very noisy room - did not sleep . On the ground floor a lot of crashing about Tried to charge me twice for the tax de sejour because my room was still in someone else's name.

Big room / clean

Dirty carpets, no air conditioning stuffy rooms, wall...
    • Comfort Twin Room

Dirty carpets, no air conditioning stuffy rooms, wall mounted hairdryer broken and blocked with a spoon! I do not recommend this hotel very disappointing

the money i spend was not worth it
    • Comfort Double Room

the area is very noisy till very late on the night the hair drier was't working no air condition only a standup big fan they took extra charges for leaving early no car parking elevator not working

The Breakfast is good.

Glad it was Only for one night
    • Comfort Double Room

Service wasn’t the best and unfortunately after we checked in the front desk gave the keys to another guest who opened the door to our room in the middle of the night.

Breakfast option with great selection of food choices

Very near the metro station.

The door next door is creaky. Made a very loud noise when someone's opening/ closing it.

Very near the metro station. Lively neighborhood. Pretty clean and good value for your money.

It’s a good place for a short stay on a budget in Paris and I do recommened it.

Room and facilities and hotel itself are rather shabby and don’t seem very clean, my room had a curtain that was half off, some appliances cords are patched up heavily with duct tape, somewhat of a piece of broken wall ( from a fist or something), toilet door plastic layers were coming off, carpet was not vacuumed well and the walls were very very thin - it was difficult to sleep in the morning when other guests were leaving or the neighbor rooms were being cleaned, you could hear every time elevator beeping from your room. But this is something solved with earplugs and not a heavy deal breaker for the price.

Staff is very nice, bed was very comfortable, sheets and towels were clean, bathroom was clean, shower had hot water and great pressure, they had an electtic kettle in the room and tea and coffee bags, a welcoming bottle of water and a cookie! The bed had a lot of pillows and warm blanket. Large screen TV. En-suite bathroom. They let me keep my luggage there on the day that I was leaving. Not a central but nice location with a lot of metro options.

Very close to Metro station.
    • Comfort Double Room

Absolutely not realistic photos, very very small rooms, very old and consumed fornitures, very poor atmosphere in any detail. Not a nice location to stay.

Very close to Metro station.

Great value for money.
    • Comfort Twin Room

There was a problem with the elevator and we had to climb up to the fifth floor with our bags. The next morning the elevator was already functioning normally.

It is not in a very central area, but it is very close to the subway and is in a street with shops, bars, restaurants and markets. The staff was very attentive and the check-in and check-out processes were quick. The room was small but comfortable, light and clean, plus it had all the amenities that were in the advertisement. Great value for money.

it's a very simple hotel, the rooms are clean(which is...

the cleaning stuff, towels etc were lying all around in the corridor for the whole stay ( probably due to the fact that the elevator was not working) - did not make the best of impressions

it's a very simple hotel, the rooms are clean(which is the most important part); it's a a good deal for the money paid.

Not Recommended at all. Actually I'm getting houses that are better than hotels
    • Comfort Double Room

I was disappointed from the moment i stepped in the hotel, and was further disappointed as a walked to my room. Gloomy, you don't see dirt but you feel it. My room wasn't in the building it had the door directly to a shared terrace, this might have been a great thing if the terrace had something or for instance at the beach with view. But no , not this one.

Nothing really.

Short trip
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing...only thing i would say to people booking is..the main roads outside can be busy especially at 7am

Closeness to metro line2. Near to some nice places to eat.

It was a great experience

I am American from the south and use to southern hostility. I was surprised that I had to make I contact and say hello to the staff first. By the end of my stay they were making eye contact and treating me as I came and went.

Hotel was convenient for my trip

The reception was nice, the staff friendly and everything...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The beds were very stiff and the room smelled of cleaning spray - so much that you got the feeling that another smell was being hidden with the cleaning spray.

The reception was nice, the staff friendly and everything was just fine. We had a very small room on the fourth floor with a window out in the back yard so that was very quiet and nice. Nothing to complain about.

Clean room/chambre propre
    • Comfort Double Room

So expensive for what is. I have paid 140 euros to stay in a room where we have not been able to sleep at all. We were in the room 115 just at the top of the front door. We had to listen to conversations that some people had sitting at the front door and then to the bean vans doing their early task in the morning. The hotel was not full and I am 6 month pregnant, so why giving me such a room for such an expensive price ? Bad experience. Hotel to avoid.

Clean room/chambre propre

Good position,in 20 min you are in town.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel is positioned near the metro station Nation,so line 2 can get you to the city center directly.Room was very small,not like in the picture.Bathroom super small with tiny shower. I am 165 cm tall and i was struggling to wash my hair.Not so much light in the room,lamps too weak.And super annoying thing-no plugs in the room next to the bed and no plugs in the bathroom.There was only 1 plug in the whole room behind the tv and there you would have to dry your hair and iron the clothes.Internet super slow.We had a room next to the elevator,you hear the beeping from every floor when someone presses the button.

Good position,in 20 min you are in town. Metro is near. Cheap.

Hotel location was nice, very close to M1, M2, and RER A.

I've found 3 bed bugs during my stay... It was disturbing enough to find out one of them were crawling on my hand - hence I woke up in the middle of night and couldn't go back to sleep. I went downstairs to request a new room but no one was at the front desk... But the next morning I talked to their manager about this, they reimbursed my money.

Hotel location was nice, very close to M1, M2, and RER A. It's inside the zone 1, next to the station Nation. (It's important to know because when travelers purchase the metro tickets they need to know the zone. Check-in staff were friendly with basic knowledge of English, so don't need to worry if you don't speak French.

Hotel is very far to popular place in Paris.

far from popular locations

Hotel is very far to popular place in Paris. If you aim to be there for 2 days as a tourist and have sightseeing as much as you can, FORGET about this hotel. The only good point about this hotel and location is if you want to go to Disney land.

Couldn't wait to get out
    • Comfort Double Room

The room size was too small and rooms had a musty smell had to leave the windows open the whole night to get the smell out. Neighbourhood was not that great

Near the 2 metro stations

the elevator was not working , i had the room in the 6th...

the elevator was not working , i had the room in the 6th floor which was a disaster. the bathroom was not clean , the shower box door was broken , the shower itself wasn't working properly. the bed sheets were dirty

Worth the price

The breakfast is expensive. I don't like the chemical smell of the towel.

Good location, metro is just 10m away. There are many restaurants and supermarkets nearby. The old receptionist is quite polite and friendly. Fair price and worth in general.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Poor hotel in a poor neighbourhood
    • Comfort Double Room

I have stopped with this chain of hotel before as I expected a good standard of room etc but this hotel is very poor in many ways, walking from the metro in the evening felt so unsafe I got hassled by people for money and followed on 2 occasions. This hotel is NOT value for money, just avoid

I liked nothing about this hotel, my room was small, very hot (no air con and road noise outside) shabby,noisey, the bed was so uncomfortable, the bathroom tiny with a shower that I could not stand up in, no safe in the room, The staff offered me a different room but this was on the ground floor next to the lift that verbally announced it's arrival and beeped everytime it was used.

Cheap but avoid if you can
    • Comfort Double Room

The reception staff couldn't care less. They left us talking to each other for at least 10 minutes before checking us in but still managed to check in someone else who arrived after us first.

Clean and comfy but be prepared to draw lots over who gets the tea bag!

In room tea/coffee etc - we were two people in a twin room but the hotel only provided one tea bag and one sachet of coffee. We asked for two but they flatly refused to supply an extra tea bag free of charge. Trivial I know but annoying since it's a twin room and not much to ask when there are two people to a room. Biscuits also supplied to a couple of rooms but not our twin room. They collected the city tax separately from the bill. This was disorganised. They didn't have any record of who had paid; just unlabelled envelopes containing cash payments in a dawer. We thought we had paid on arrival but didn't have a receipt. On check out they insisted we hadn't paid and so we had to pay again. OK, we should have asked for a receipt on arrival but we were travel weary and not fully with it at the time. The hotel need to keep a proper record.

The hotel is no frills but found it clean and a comfortable environment. We all slept well.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Reasonable quality for a reasonable price
    • Comfort Twin Room

1. Power sockets were out of electricity twice in our room. (Both times the issue was fixed the same day). 2. Rooms looked a bit dated (although clean).

1. Location is rather good - city center is not far away; 2 metro stations just a few steps away and Nation Square metro intersection is within walking distance (10 minutes walking). 2. Staff was friendly and helpful. 3. Room was cleaned every day.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Hope come again

Everything was just OK

This hotel was very good value for money. Preety clean and helpful staff, room cleaning every day, clean bathroom also. Place de la Nation is 5min away with metro and RER to Disney, shops and bistros all around.

Value for money city hotel.
    • Comfort Double Room

Small room, low ceiling. Noisy, because on a busy street.

Small city hotel, near Nation, transport hub. Quick connection to the city centre.Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Very convenient for access to East of Paris

Room was quite dark. Needed a bit more light for my liking.

I left a pair of earrings on a table and the cleaning staff immediately took them to reception & I got them back when I picked up my luggage.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

the bathroom was very small the chairs was broken and the...
    • Comfort Double Room

the bathroom was very small the chairs was broken and the lift was broken twice we have to carried are bags from 6 floor to grand floor I have benn there twice same thing with the lift this was my last trip to timhotel

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Discrimination for English speaking customers. Avoid this place if you could.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Location - far from central Paris. Room- so small unlike in pictures in their website. Customer service - one of the worst customer services I have ever encountered. Some lady named Sandra or someone of Indian descent treated us so poorly that she needs to get fired asap. We were put on hold for more than 45 minutes in lobby while she was talking on her phone ( personal stuff).. Very rude, wouldnt help us giving directions. We were lock out from our own room cuz the room card didn't work. Worst of worse master key card didn't even work, the poor guy working there had no idea what to do. He gave us another room after two hours we finally made it to our room where we checked in initially. It was just a night mare. please stay away!!!!!!!!

Nothing at all!! Very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Good except for one horrible smoky night.
    • Comfort Twin Room

On the night of October 24 someone on the fifth floor, probably two women in 513, smoked many cigarettes and the smell of smoke in our room, 512, was horrible. I spoke to the night desk clerk and he said he could not do anything because he did not know from where the smoke was originating. The next morning the windows of 512 were open wide, probably to get rid of the smoking odor. TimHotel must emphasize and enforce its policy on smoke free rooms.

The breakfast is excellent and the staff is mostly helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Stay away. Prison or the cemetery would be a better choice.
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was dirty when we checked in. We were waiting more than an hour to be relocated in an other room. Staff doesn't speak english and they are very unplesant.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Nice stay in hotel near Nation.

The room was very quiet even though it was on a busy street, but it was on the sixth floor. There was a fan in the room that was useful since I could not open the window due to outdoor noise. The coffee/tea option is very nice for those who need their caffeine first thing in the morning. Thanks !

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

good enough
    • Comfort Double Room

I would prefer to have trash bags in the trash bins and 2 sets of towels for a couple. Thank you.

Location was near to the metro stations. All necessities could be bought right across the street. Friendly reception, thank you for arranging the taxi to the airport and stored the luggage.

the carpet on the floor, in front of the bathroom, was...

the carpet on the floor, in front of the bathroom, was soaking wet

Coffee?

Worst room ever: not clean, horrible smell and the bathroom needs repairing.

Coffee?

Too small

BREAKFAST WAS GOOD

WİFİ WAS NOT GOOD

BREAKFAST WAS GOOD

location close to Metro Nation, new, modern and clean...

rooms not really clean, broken appliances and furniture

location close to Metro Nation, new, modern and clean shower/bathroom

Super

Small room

Location, cleaning, price, service

don't stay here
    • Comfort Double Room

The pillows were awful, the room noisy from the elevator outside and the staircase was very depressing.

not a lot

Significant service
    • Comfort Twin Room

Poor breakfast, location is not good, bad Internet connection.

Significant service

Water leaked in the toilet and it made the toilet floor wet

Water leaked in the toilet and it made the toilet floor wet

Not bad for short stay
    • Comfort Double Room

Male staff was not very welcoming.

Close to metro.

Our stay was great.
    • Comfort Double Room

More programmes on the TV and radio and changing the language

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was value for money.

Price

Staff really on a lazy mode. Pillows really bad.

Price

Location ok, but rooms needs some retouch.
    • Comfort Double Room

Their is not enough light in room, too dark, bathroom definitely needs some retouch. Rooms are smaller then in the presented photos.

Sufficient for just a sleep and good location
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing like pictures, tiny and neglected.

Sufficient for just a sleep and good location

• Comfort Twin Room

very dirty no AC no fridge

It was ok

Service, very small room, not so much complementary things

Near to where I live

The room are samall,it is not convineint to family. Wifi was good, the room was clean.

It was clean

Excellent location where you get value for money
    • Comfort Twin Room

Excellent location at a not too noisy street. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good, but not that special.

Comfortable place to stay
    • Comfort Double Room

Easy walk to anything you need as many shops are around. Very easy to catch a bus or train as the stops are all close by.

Good accomodation

Comfortable

Very comfortable bed.

Very comfortable bed.

Couples first time in Paris

Room was very dark

Comfy bed and good location for metro links all over Paris

Location is good but not worth it considering the other downsides
    • Comfort Twin Room

Small Rooms. No proper ventilation. Room key did not work on two separate days.

Close to one of the main transport hubs.

Nice hotel, good location

Breakfast not being included.

Good location with plenty of restaurants and bars. Relatively near the Metro

Anniversary Trip
    • Comfort Double Room

Room was not as big as expected nor was the hotel.

Location was good - room was very clean and great value for money.

The double beds were not actually doble beds but two singles...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The double beds were not actually doble beds but two singles joint.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Location,, very close to the metro station

Such a small box room

Location,, very close to the metro station

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Hospitality of the receptionist and staffs

Hospitality of the receptionist and staffs

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

They did not replanish the coffee,milk, plastic spoons.
    • Comfort Double Room

They did not replanish the coffee,milk, plastic spoons.. had to go to reception to ask for them

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Good value and location.
    • Comfort Double Room

In a nice area, convenient for RER to Disney, useful supermarkets and shops near. Nice to have tea and coffee making facilities in room.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Comfortable Paris stay
    • Comfort Double Room

Neat and sufficient. Easy access to the rest of Paris from Nation station. Delicious continental breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

every thing

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Room was clean and good size for my short stay, would stay...
    • Comfort Twin Room

Room was clean and good size for my short stay, would stay there again.

Basic.

It was very small and warm.

The price and location. It was near the metro line

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Good location, hotel next to metro and services.
    • Comfort Double Room

Good location, hotel next to metro and services.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

We liked the staff specially senior japanese guy at the desk...

The hotel didnt give us the right level of intro considering we were visiting the country for the first time and utilizing their location with metro which was 2mins away. The hotel was too small, outdated plus carpet had some smell which the housekeeper had to fix with a room freshener.

We liked the staff specially senior japanese guy at the desk who helped us a little bit regarding the area and hotel itself. the location was really nice interms of availability of metro (2mins away) and halal food.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

sleep

- Additional charges for break fast. 13. 50 Euro is pretty expensive for breakfast. - Not much clean. But OK. - When we went immediately the reception guy aksed me to keep my Luggage in cloak room since the room was not ready. I don't know while booking, why they ask for check-in time. - Gave room 611 and it was not cleaned. When called, asked to come down again and gave another room. Very slow internet. - Hotel bill was with no hotel logo.

sleep

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

- Location of the hotel is good, many shops and good Metro...

- Everything looks very cheap, simple. dark - The staff is weird, not very friendly (execept one woman at the day of the checkout) - the "Comfort double room" is almost too small for two persons - Heating has no regulation - Bathroom: ceramics, valces fairly new; mirror damaged in 3 of 4 edges, NO TOILET BRUSH PRESENT, the integrated hair dryer is positioned very poor next to the toilet to fall down each time, electric plug to far away from sink/mirror, trash bin damaged, no plastic bag - Door of the room sometimes not closes properly when falling back to the door frame - Lamp on the desk damaged, desk is damaged - the trash bin doesnt have a plastic bag inside - Request for two coffee cups and two spoons to cook a tea first rejected due to the "standard equipment" (small plastic cups, minitiature plastic spoons) and "not enough cups for breakfast" - wtf? - Luggage room not locked and identity is not checked when picking the bags

- Location of the hotel is good, many shops and good Metro connection; Place de la Nation not far away to reach many central places fastly - Checkout time (12) is very good

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

The location was good.

Lack of towels! We booked a double room and each day only one large towel was left when the room was serviced. Would advise to take your own towel if you like a bath sheet as towels are very small. The bed was very hard (good if you like a hard mattress) Refreshments weren't topped up each day. Needed to go to reception every day to ask for more milk ect. They provide 1 plastic cup each person and these arent replaced or cleaned if used. No bath matt either which on a tiled floor gets very wet so had to use hand towel. Which then only left 1 hand towel left to use.

The location was good. Metro right across the road

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Timhotel Nation traveller photo gallery