Reviews of Timhotel Opera Madeleine 3 stars

113 rue Saint Lazare, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#1276 of 1,599 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Pleasant hotel in a safe area next to a train station.
    • Comfort Single Room

Nice friendly staff, almost right across from Lazarre train station and metro. If you are into shopping it is a really great area and not too far from most tourist sites.

Great location, nice view from our windows.
    • Family Room

The entrance was ugly and elevator was cranky and old. We did not see any information about breakfast options. The beds were hard and needed an extra pillow

The room had a nice view and they were updated nicely.

When the room is small and the shower is unusable because it...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

When the room is small and the shower is unusable because it is tiny and the door opens on to the controls so can’t fully open you wonder why you are wasting your money on the room. Add to that the non working air conditioning and the hotel becomes not fit for purpose. I will never book this hotel again. If I hadn’t pre-paid for the room I would have left without paying.

Good location but I would never waste my money staying there again
    • Family Room

The room was the size of a shoe box. The bathroom was the size of a match box. The shower was tiny and the door opened onto the shower controls so only opened 50% of the way. My wife just about managed to get in the shower. It was impossible for me! It’s a cheap hotel but nothing is cheap if it is not fit for purpose.

Not much.

Good if you have a train to catch.
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

It was close to St Lazare station, and we had an early train next day. Air conditioning worked very well which is appreciated in summer. Very happening area.

WiFi didn't work in the room or the corridor. Room was small as expected.

No air conditioning, wouldn’t recommend.
    • Family Room

The biggest issue was that the air conditioning didn’t work in our room. This was in our top three reasons for choosing this hotel. It was a warm day and evening. Couldn’t open windows because of mosquitoes so counting on the a/c. 80 in our room when we went to sleep and 82 when we woke up. I had a travel clock with a thermometer with us so that is for sure what the temp was. Not cool of them (no pun intended) to advertise a/c and charge for it and then have it so poorly maintained. No toiletries. The shower was so small you could barely turn around without rubbing the door and walls.

Hotel is located easy walking to train station with luggage. So if you’re using that station it’s very convienant.

very bad experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the main entrance was so dark and so dirty. the elevator door can't make your access easy specially when you have your luggage. you don't feel relaxed at all . the reception staff not qualified enough. the booked for me a taxi to drop me off at the airport at a specific price but was surprised the driver asked for more and was so impolite and tuf. we had to wait some time until he fixed with his company and the hotel. the hotel should be rated 2 stars instead of 3.

Only the bed mattress was confortbale

I would never stay here ever again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Looking out of the rooms window onto a brick wall. The shower being really small and having to squeeze past the sink to get in it. Being bitten from something in the bed. Not being left any fresh towels. Breakfast was minimal.

Place is a dump and the staff was not very friendly.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Place seemed dirty, tired, did not match pictures and needs a serious remodel.

Place is a dump and the staff was not very friendly. Doors to get into facility are locked for security purposes ( no problem)and unless the front desk person is sitting right by the doorbell you wait to get into the building. We ended up waiting 10 min before they rang us into the building.

Excellent, we will return.

No complaints at all

4 girlfriends in a family room with 4 single beds. I wasn't expecting to have 2 bathrooms in our room which was an added bonus. They stored our bags before we checked in and stored them after we had checked out the following day. Breakfast was continental (expected) and had great choice. No complaints at all. The location was very central for where we wanted to be and we ate in a restaurant for dinner just a couple of doors away. All in all an excellent choice and we will be back again.

Bad. Uncomfortable.

Everything about the hotel. Lifts were out of order, climbing three flights of stairs with luggages isn't good start to your leisure time. Hotel setting was just bad. Double room was more of a box single room. Air con was not functioning properly bringing out warm air in a hot Evening!

Lovely friendly helpful staff, shops cafes and restaurants...
    • Family Room

Difficulties with lift - small and not working properly when we were there. Steep staircase to rooms; were two bathrooms with showers but they were very small, in the family room, and vanity was broken.

Lovely friendly helpful staff, shops cafes and restaurants nearby excellent

It's not hugely expensive but at 160 Euros per night, I'd expect better value for money.
    • TIM - Double Room Large

The lift was broken and I suspect it always is. My family was on the 6th and 7th floors and having run the marathon found this particularly difficult, we were on 3rd and that was bad enough. Our first room was not as we booked - there was only a foot of space around the bed and the shower was little more than a cubicle. There is literally no drawer space - just one shelf above the hanging rail and a tiny space by the bed. And as there's no floor space you can't even live out of your suitcase. The 'desk' was taken up with their kettle and paper cups so no where to put anything there either. The bed was so saggy, we slept in a valley. I asked to be moved to the room we booked and we were given a slightly larger room ( a superior room) but still not the one we booked (a large double). Still no drawer space, the safe didn't open and they never fixed it. The bed was slightly better. The shower room was even worse than the small room before as there wasn't a heated towel rail so no way of drying the towels and there was nowhere to put down a washbag or anything much more than a toothbrush. There were no plugs by the bed to charge your phone - only on the 'desk' (although surprisingly there were in the smaller room), and the hairdryers only blow cold air very slowly so just as well I took my own but as the plug is on the desk it means you can't really see a mirror (the only one is in the bathroom in the small room and on the wardrobe door in the larger room). The staff don't appear to care at all.. one man was very helpful but the rest nod but do nothing. The view from both rooms was appalling unless on 7th floor... it was literally down a dirty hole! And I didn't mention the heat... SO HOT it's difficult to sleep !!!

The location was good for getting about and just 20 mins by taxi from Gare du Nord. There's a good fish restaurant below and a great breakfast place opposite.

The hotel is worth the money for its convenient traffic.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room is so small, especially the bathroom.

The hotel is near the St. Lazare station which is convenient; Besides the price is not expensive in Paris.

Great Location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

- The bathroom is mocroscopic - very small even for an average built person.

-The breakfast at 13 euros pp is expensive. But there are many places for breakfast outside like starbucks and Brioche doree. -The hotel is very well situated - close to shopping centres, galerie la fayette and centre Paris -Rooms are made everyday

Third visit - but will stay somewhere different next time
    • Comfort Single Room

Staff was horrific. Really disappointing this time with the staff. Requested early check in which wasn't available and I am OK with that but then ended up having to wait for the room to be ready. Toilet in the room didnt work at all, No flush, so I'm interested in how the staff cleaned it before hand as it seemed the flush didnt work at all. While I like the idea needing to be buzzed in for security, there was numerous times where you are left standing out on the street. On one evening there ended up being 5 different couples standing and waiting for them to open the door. Not nice when you just want to get in. Personally I will not be staying there again and will look elsewhere as after three visits the place is not getting better, only worse...

Third time staying here, Great location and really cannot fault this, Decent value for money and walking distance to loads of places. Comfortable rooms and beds. Area is nice which is always a must...

The location was excellent and was easy to get to from the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was very small. However the bed was comfortable and the room clean

The location was excellent and was easy to get to from the airport. The staff were helpful and courteous.

Place to crash!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms are small but warm, there is very little in terms of facilities such as a bar, food etc.

Clean and comfortable, well located for exploring the north Bank. It’s very basic though, really just a place to leave your bags and sleep... provided that’s the requirement it works fine

The worst hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Photos in booking.com are not same with the real one in the hotel.. everything was bad , It is the worst hotel room I’ve been stayed in my life.. Bad location, bad atmosphere and I don’t advise anyone to stay in

I booked the room on 1st floor.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I booked the room on 1st floor. The room was next to the facilities room. During the night the staff kept going in & out. I kept waking me up. I really liked my room, however next time I’ll make sure to get a room on 2nd level.

Nice location and handy to get to the hotel. Good enough for short stay.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very small and old lift. During my stay, there was a repair at the hotel and the lift was used both for guests, handymen and equipments transfer. Little bit chaotic and dirty. Should manage the repair better.

Great and strategic location.

Good location, small rooms!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The photos on booking.com are not really a true reflection of the actual rooms. The entrance to hotel was a bit dusty and small, and you still have the choice between a tiny lift or stairs. Miniature rooms and bathrooms... I could not move while taking shower.

The hotel is conveniently located very close to St. Lazare train station, with many restaurants nearby. Boulevard Haussmann and shopping areas are also within walking distance. The hotel team is very friendly and very helpful.

Not worth the money.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hair dryer was broken and then an attempt to fix it was made with duct tape, The picture on booking.com is not a true reflection of the actual room. The entrance to Hotel is dirty and once we had to wait 5 minutes for someone to open the hotel door after ringing the bell numerous times

Breakfast was lovely.

Great location, close to the metro
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The shower was unreliable constantly changing from hot to cold. The wifi was variable, sometimes good and sometimes slow.

The bed was comfortable. The location was good, close to the metro.

Worst place to ever stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The rooms were dirty,the carpeting was dirty and old. This place needs to be redone all over. The smell of the fish,and other odors were terrible. The staff were rude,except one girl who was Italian. The staff seemed like they did not want to work there. Bath rooms were so small that if by any chance the soap fell on the floor ,you had to forget about it, there was no room to bend!!! Do not ever stay in this hotel.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Paris in the Springtime.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The toilet in our bedroom flooded on the first morning. I tried to report it to Reception using the bedroom telephone but it didn't work so I had to go to Reception in person. They immediately said they would move us to another room and gave us a complimentary breakfast as compensation. It was a nuisance having to repack our bags but we were given a room on the 6th floor (we had previously been on the 3rd) which was slightly more spacious. -For people who haven't stayed here before it's useful to know that the entrance to the hotel is next to the Fish restaurant and it literally is a door in a small gap. You have to press the button for entrance. There is a big blue vertical sign saying 'Timhotel' hanging from the side which is helpful in locating the hotel.

I asked for and was given a room overlooking the street, and although it's noisy, it gives a real flavour of being in Paris. The Reception staff spoke good English and were very helpful. The lift was efficient. The location is good and being opposite the Gare St. Lazare is very handy for the Metro. Also the 3 floors of shops situated in the station is very useful for picnic shopping at the Carrefour and last minute souvenir shopping at any one of the many shops located there. There is a good selection of shops and restaurants very close to the hotel and my granddaughter, aged 11, was fascinated by it all. I have brought all three of my granddaughters to this hotel at various times over the last 4 years and they have all enjoyed the experience.

Delightful stay, warm memories!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we did not like.

Staff were so kind to us, especially after got a direct hit of droppings from a pigeon, a very bad hit. We had already checked out, but they let us come in and use a very nice toilette to wash both me and some of my clothes. Their helpfulness made a bad situation at least tolerable and left us with a warm memory.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Good
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very small bathroom,cannot move taking shower. Reception has bad service.We back at 12midnight and no one open the door even we keep buzzing the doorbell for an hour until 6 of us waiting outside. WiFi is useless on and off need to use my own mobile data. Air-conditioning cannot adjust(not working)very warm in the room we need to open the window.We didnt sleep well.

the Housekeepers cleaning well, the bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Business hotel at a great location
    • Comfort Single Room

The reception area can be a bit chaotic one receptionist and often crowded by various requests - not a great experience checking in and out

Standard business hotel at a very convenient location .

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Okay but "tres cher" hotel in a convenient location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel interior and the guest rooms look very basic and in need of refurbishment considering the staggering nightly rates. The shower leaks water all over the floor.

The location close to Gare St. Lazare is very good, with a couple of touristy restaurants nearby and Boulevard Haussmann within walking distance. And – unlike the cliché about Parisians – the hotel team is friendly, very helpful and everyone speaks fluent English!

Disappointed!!!
    • Comfort Single Room

Attitude of staff - not helpful at all, I asked one of the staff to give me a wake up call, which he did not. I asked for a bottle of water in the middle of the night, the staff on duty did not revert back. It seemed that I had not been upgraded, though the Hotel committed to do so after it wrongly charged me at the time of reservation.

The proximity of the property to Train stations and shopping area

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The location is very convenient, the room was warm when the...
    • Comfort Single Room

Wifi sometime become extremely slow... And there's no fridge in the room.

The location is very convenient, the room was warm when the heater are turned on. Staff are friendly.

Best location, good facilities, nothing to complain
    • Family Room

Best location right in front of St. Lazare metro station -- safe even late night. We booked a quadruple room and having two bathrooms was a big plus. Nothing to complain about the hotel!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

TimHotel will never reply if someone ask via onlin econtact & necessary info is not helpful.
    • Comfort Single Room

Transportation Information on TimHotel website is not helful or misguided. Contact form - TimHotel never reply. Stuff are not that friendly /welcoming mood.

Location is very good.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Good location, fair prices, nauseating odors from chemical cleaners and dirty rooms.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There was a terrible "chemical" smell, most likely used by cleaning staff that permeated throughout the hotel. It gave me a searing headache, and I had trouble breathing it was so strong. I mentioned this to the front desk staff, to which I got the famous "French shrug" - nothing could be done. My room smelled like dirty feet, and body odor. The stench was nauseating. I could not move rooms, as the hotel was booked full, and I had pre-payed on Booking.com. I was stuck for 4 days of stink.

Location was good. Across from St-Lazare train station.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Cozy atmosphere and perfect location for family!
    • Family Room

The wifi there is not working well..sometimes we've got trouble connecting to it.

I love the cozy atmosphere of the hotel but the interior of the family room is not very nice, looks old..wish they could upgrade it to look more sleek with french styles.. The hot water and the heater works well..The room is quite spacious for 5 of us including a baby..Location is perfect with Mcd & Starbucks just around the corner..

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

not recommended for any1
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

very small, not clean, esp the bath, it was very small for a normal person to fit it, so noisy you can hear everything in other tenants rooms. and the view was horrible. it's not relative to the price we paid at all. and the personnel weren't that welcoming.

la location

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Nice place in Paris
    • Family Room

The price might be slightly higher than it should be but still a good place.The location is not very near the shopping mall.

The location、the facilities and the restaurant besides the hotel taste good.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Good Location, clean accommodation and was appropriate to its star rating
    • TIM - Double Room

Was unhappy with the rate as felt that it did not match the standard of the property and appreciate that hotels were in High demand at this time but overcharging seemed to be rife in Paris at that time.

All was good for the rating of the property although the lights, with the exception of one did not work. Location was good for the purpose of the stay Ie the proximity to Roissey Bus and Gare St Lazarre.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Good Location and individual beds for 4
    • Family Room

The Shower is the smallest i have been ever in to, for the price payed for the stay such a tiny shower is not acceptable. The same goes also regarding the elevator entrance at the street level, bags do not fit through the entrance.

Staff is kind, and the location is good.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Good Service of Reception
    • Family Room

I Like the service of reception. The staff is very nice and thoughtful service and advice. About traveling and living in the city of paris. I think in the next year touring paris. I will come back to here again. Thank you 😊😊

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Across the road from station

Across the road from station

The left doesn’t work

The left doesn’t work The WiFi also doesn’t work

Acceptable hotel in good location.

Elevator door too small.

The hotel is acceptable. Prices are high for the value we get, but this is Paris, and prices are high there.

Petya

Clean rooms, good location, helpful staff.

I will not return, will not recomend this hotel.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Entrace to the hotel. Breakfast facility, service and food. The €20 charge just for reserving a taxi to airport.

• Triple Room (3 Adults)

The lift should work, it is impossible to walk to the fifth...

The lift should work, it is impossible to walk to the fifth floor

The lift should work, it is impossible to walk to the fifth floor

Nice for urgent stays (1 night)
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms were too small. And bathrooms smelled like urine, curtains were dirty and toilet did not flush well.

Nice location and nice staff

Absence de mini bar

Absence de mini bar

Location is great and the room was small but sufficient.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Elevator was broken and had to bring my suitcase to 7th floor alone. Staff didn’t help.

Location is great and the room was small but sufficient.

The room was really comfortable and cleaned.
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

The room was really comfortable and cleaned. The location is very good.

Timhotel
    • Comfort Single Room

Very-very small rooms, very dark, small breakfast

Comfortable bed

The location of the hotel is nice
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room and bathroom were really tiny

The location of the hotel is nice

Very nice location, beautiful and clean rooms, beside...
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Small beds

Very nice location, beautiful and clean rooms, beside shopping centers and bus and metro station , quite rooms,

very clean and nice location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

very clean and nice location. Close to departmentstores. Small room but has a bathtub. Late checkout is possible if you pay with 30euro.

Would definitely stay here again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Lights didn't work in the room and this was never fixed. We had one light for the room.

Great location. Friendly staff. Good value.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff cleanliness very small room tv

disappointing
    • Comfort Single Room

very small room, shower filthy and badly equipped, bad value for money!!

Good location and staff very friendly

Good location and staff very friendly

The location is great, very close to Mateo and bus station,...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room is kind of small

The location is great, very close to Mateo and bus station, and Lafayette. The reception was nice and helpful.

Over stay very good

small bathroom

strategic and safe.

Excellent location. Poorly maintained building

Maintenance

Location Staff at the reception

Fantastic - so impressed!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nothing - everything was perfect!

Beautiful room with great view from balconies. Great soundproofing considering busy road.

Excellent stay and staff. Rooms could be bigger.
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

Room too small and corridors too narrow.

Excellent location. Staff excellent

Nice staff, nice location
    • Family Room

The front desk ladies there were extremely friendly and helpful

Satisfactory

As a family (5 persons) I asked for 2 rooms. The 2 bed room wasn't good. The 3 bed was for 3 stars standard hotel. Very small elevator.

Easy to go, close to metro station but water pressure too low.

Water pressure too low.

Close to metro station.

Paris stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No electrical sockets worked in the room on our first night

Central location

Nice hotel with friendly staffs.
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

The room near the road is a little noisy.

Nice hotel with friendly staffs.

very strategic.

they don't have parking space

very strategic. really close to the station st.lazare

Expensive & Basic
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No investment in upkeep. Shabby at best !

Not a lot frankly...

Excellent place to stay and be near every point of interest in Paris.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Great location, great front desk service, very clean. Restaurants, metro, historical places nearby.

I like the place.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I like the place. i will highly recommend it to all my friends.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Would Definitly Stay Here Again

No complaints

Great location. Excellent and helpful staff.

Browse Timhotel Opera Madeleine traveller photo gallery