Reviews of Tipi 2 stars

75, Rue Daguerre, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#1346 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

The room wasn't clean and there were tiny hairs on the ground and I asked for another room. I was on the ground floor and every morning for the entire week I just woke up with noise and voices of people talking or doors were closing in the morning. Even though, I had mentioned in my booking that my trip is for business purpose for the first 2 days I didn't have the internet connection. Staffs were nice, however, I think they could be more respectful especially when you asked for another room that should at least have the basic standards and quality of a hotel room!

The location is good and safe. It is 5-7 mins to two metro stations. and don't worry if you are late at night.

Bathroom rather cramped and basic. quiet road but walls were thin so you could hear everyone in rooms around you just coming in or going out. That would not deter me from staying there againl

Very helpful and accommodating staff, mostly young people. Very welcoming also. Location was excellent, in a street with lots of very good restaurants, a stonesthrow from Monparnasse station an d good connections on the Metro.

walls super thin, smoking from courtyard flows into room, no airflow with window, no fan avail, felt and sounded like a brothel with people in next room...could hear everything ALL night..checked out at 7:30am

I thought there would be air conditioning in the room itself, but there wasn’t.

The room was very clean and had a nice large window, which was nice to keep open for a breeze. The bed was comfortable, and they provide you with free WiFi as well as a tv in the room. Perfect for one night stay! On a quiet side street, not much traffic but lots of cafes and shops.

Contact and admosphere

Hardly any contact with hotelkeepers. Room very small ( smaller than on the pictures) - room was very clean but onthe corridor it was old and smudgy.

The bathroom, though clean, the shower stall was to small and really disliked the clingy shower curtain. The shower head was not working properly but was quickly replaced. We never enjoyed the breakfast due it closing at 1030 a.m.. I would advise others, especially during spring, summer, fall not to accept a room on the street, very loud in the evenings when you want to have windows open, no AC, with windows closed very quiet. Good location in the 14th.

Very friendly staff available 24 hours a day. Good location in the 14th.

The staff was very flexible with our check-in time which was rather late. The location was very central, at a walking distance from Gare Montparnasse and well-connected Metro Stations in the centre of Paris. The receptionist also accepted to stow our bags safely behind his desk and print my boarding pass after the Check-Out time which helped us make the most of our last day in Paris. Would recommend this Hotel to travelers who are on a budget but want to make the most of their time in the City any way!

Very small room, old bathroom, little privacy..

Very flexbile in postponing our reservation by one night when our flights were canceled due to strikes - that was very nice! Location is good, many restarants and cafes around but not the most central spot.

Not much to say sorry. The bed was smaller and harder than what I'm used to but I still slept well.

I have to admit I was nervous comming here after reading other reviews but I was pleasantly surprised!The room was spotless. The staff were amazing! They were so friendly and helpful (and happily held our bags when we had a late flight). The location was great. A walk to Notre Dalm and a short walk to busses and the metro. There were great food places around the hotel

Staff did not inform us of the large jump in price for our second nights stay. 1st night cost was reasonable given the accommodations. The second night was double and was not worth a hotel of that quality.

Poor sound insulation. You'll need ear plugs if the neighbours speak at night.

We didn't have breakfast so no comment on the croissants. The advantage of this hotel is the perfect Parisian bistro two doors away, Augustin. At the end of a big day we only had to walk ten meters to a delicious meal. Room tiny but bed ultra comfortable. Room very clean. The street is packed with interesting bars and restaurants.

Room was small and smelt really bad! Toilet smelt every time you turned the hand tap on.

The night staff was very friendly very helpful even though he didn’t speak much english he tried which is great as I speak very little French

Very small. Noisy. The bathroom was not like in the pictures. When we complained the owner yelled and started saying that you can leave if you don't like it.

Cleaning up our room every morning. Warm room. Great location with facilities nearby. 5 min walk to the nearest metros.

It was a dissapointed and furious experience. The room was really cold when we arrived and the heater turn off. It took almost half a day to heat and the sheets were dirties. Also, painting was coming off in some areas and other areas near the floor had holes in the paint. The mattress was super uncomfortable and stiff, and Was sinked on the middle. The worst of it was that when we were sleeping, at around 6am, there were disturbing noises made by the staff and talking really loud, .... EVERYTHING was her heard in the inside of the room, so we NEVER got to REST. This went on every morning, we did not rest at all. We have been to many hotel this last weeks and they have all been great, but this stayed at Tipi was horrible.

Very comfortable bed (this is what it matters the most) but very tiny room and bathroom. Situated on a streed with many restaurants and very close to Metro and trains. Enjoyed a nice stay at Tipi!

Picture on booking is fake because in live room is so small,bathroom is old,door from the room are like in train and it was very cold in the room.I asked for another room and I told them that I payed for room like in bookind but they didnt reacted.

I didn't like nothing

The walls or doors were super thin, you could hear everything happening in other rooms. The bathroom was tiny, it was easy to hit the door handle while moving around. I also think I've seen mold next to the window.

The location was pretty good.

When the electric heater are broklen it better to take it down rater than let it hang askew and throw in an additonal portable heater. (That by the way suffered from a broken leg, but was operative).

Nice location in Daguerre street that has a variety of local restaurants and shops but without much traffic or hustle-bustle.

The WiFi was horrible and this is a huge problem for people traveling. We NEED WiFi to be able to navigate the city. Also, there was some mold on our windows and the showers were way too small.

It was decently priced for the stay

Nothing really. Maybe just the room a bit little but it was completely fine for us!

Really clean room and bathroom. Good location with metro, restaurants and shops nearby.

Soundproofing was beyond bad I literally could do a duet with the man in the shower in the apartment next to us. Bed was ok for two nights not more! Wi-Fi was a joke.

Location was good, not far from the metro

My room was right next to the main rubbish bin. It was noisy in the morning when the room attendant started work. The bathroom light switch can only be turned on from the outside, when the door is closed. May need a pair of slippers in the room in the winter as the floor is dead cold and there's no carpet of any type.

Good location, nice staff, nice and clean room

They can dry the corridor because its fill of rain water also they can put a mirror in the room in addition to that in the bath room ,also i hoped that if they accept to take dollars instead of euro because its difficult to find an exchange in paris when someone finish his money

The bed is very comfortable and the room is worm but very small and without a closet ,my reservation was without breakfast

the room and bed were tiny The sheets were not changed. me and my wife had angry welts after two days on our face and body because of them. a bit far from metro. not much to see nearby

There are alot of eateries nearby and grocery shops. really good shower and room heating (only because room was tiny).

The heating system was over heating The shower was too small even for one person The shower was not adjustable It wasn't as clean as the rating mentioned on booking

The bed was confortable

Too much noise, mainly in the mornings. Perhaps because it is an old property, sound carries too easily. I could hear people talking outside my door very clearly, the shower from the room next to me, people going up and down the stairs or even just walking down the corridor. I had to sleep with earplugs to get a decent sleep. Also the hairdryer provided in the bathroom did not work. This didn't bother me much though, as I don't normally use one and as such did not report it to reception. Booked around 9 days before my stay and the price was too high for what was offered. It was a lot of money for a very small and basic room with no view, and not including breakfast.

Staff were very nice and location was great. Room was clean, had good wifi, heating and a small TV - but no carpeting. Bed was comfortable and warm.

Very noisy, you hear everything, clients were noisy at 1:30 am and at 4 am , you can hear showers and toilets from other rooms and people talking. I will not come back and nog recommend it to other people. No worth the price.

The location, nice street with restaurants nearby

The room was terrible. Barely enough room to turn around. The lighting was terrible, floor was falling apart and you could hear everything that everyone was doing in the entire hotel. The pictures that were on the listing was way different than what we got.

The location was great. Within walking distance of the metro, food, drinks and entertainment.

the romos are very very small, the style in general is ugly.... horrible wall paint and decoration not nice at all. Bothroom was very old and small... all the common areas need some painting.... staff whats not very friendly

location its great and the Street is not loud for what could be in that área. bed was confortable and shower wáter pressure was good

Elevator is really small and broke up on the second day of our stay. Rooms overall are very small too, especially bathrooms. But you get what you pay for. It was good for us because we just needed a place to sleep.

Nice location - a number of bars/restaurants/vienoisseries on the street. Relatively close to metro station.

No A.C in the room although during booking A.C facilities was included. Staffs are helpful but the size of the lift is too small.

Location is good. Staffs are helpful.

The shower fixture in my (very tiny!) shower was broken the first day I arrived. I asked the desk worker to fix it, and he said it would be done the next morning. Day 8 when I left it was yet to be resolved. The wifi in the hotel is very spotty and inconsistent. Traveling for business requires me to stay connected to the office, and this was very challenging the time I was there.

The hotel is a great location, the staff are very friendly, and the rooms are cozy. The rooms were clean. The staff was helpful with getting around the area and even loaned me a European plug converter to use with my computer. Overall, it is a good hotel and would recommend it to others.

Nothing specific.

Overall value to money hotel. Though a bit far from the monuments but not very far, ride of 30-40 min by public transport. Easy to reach by RER B from Charles De Gaule and other locations easily accessible from Metro. Metro at walking distance of 8-10 minutes.

The sign should be improved on the facade - the brown colour of the letters disappears on the background.

Breakfast was not included, and it did not use it. The bed was good.

Oh, the room is so tiny. Would be ok for 1 person, but for 2 seems like not enough space. Everyday I had to ask the staff to open the door to my room for me, cuz electronic key (card) wouldn't work properly. When I tried to open the window in the room, the curtain fell into my head, because the only thing that was holding the curtain attached to the ceiling was toilet paper.

I liked the location of the property. Close to 2 metro station, but easily walkable to everywhere in the city. The bed was comfy. And most of the staff members were nice and really friendly. The room was clean and towels were changed everyday. And 24h reception.

room is very tinny

location is great where lot of restaurants, so close to metro station, very nice street, friendly staff who helped me a lot to find how to reach tourists places

Well...i could EASILY hear people whispering in other room...same case bathroom and bedroom...zero privacy cuz you could hear other persons breath through that door/wall. Room very small.

Good location and friendly stuff. Lobby on ground 0. Was very nice.

our door lock was broken: sometimes it would not open and sometimes it would not close. the problem was not sorted out during our stay. we had to ring reception at one point to be let out of the room.

the area is fantastic

We were staying at the first floor room number 1 and we found out that wifi there barely works, also you could hear shower very well from the room near.

The room was cleaned every day the bed was made every morning new toileteries were given other than that we were away in the city the whole day so not much to like. We diddnt ate breakfast there because there are a lot of bakeries near hotel with just amazing fresh pastries and sandwiches.

We had eservation for 5 nights, due to noise left after 2. Doors to all rooms are hard to close, so everybody is slamming the door. This is very noisy, mainly during night. Very tiny room, needs new painting, no wardrobe. Window into internal yard with concerete surface - noisy when people move chairs (people go there for a smoke; even at 3.20 am...). Lights switchers are filfthy.

Good location close to metro and with market street behind. Zango bar/restaurant and bakeries very near.

Small room, bad lightning, thin walls. You could hear your neighbors. The staff could’ve been friendlier and the cleaning could need some improvement.

The location was good. Close to the metro and there were a few restaurant choices.

The room we booked was smoked in to staff's surprise. They tried to find another room and finally did, downstairs, twice as small not much larger than the bed size. Shower door was missing making pool of water on the floor each time even after brief shower use. Door lock did not work , we had to barricade the door with a desk. Most of all, there was continuous sound of running water from a leaky toilet somewhere next door, extremely loud, on and off every couple minutes. This was by far the worst inconvenience an we felt just bad after spending 90+ Euro for that experience.

Location. 800 yrds from Montparnasse train station. Staff honestly trying to be helpful but with little success.

The ratings for this hotel were not reflective of what we experienced during our stay. The elevator was barely big enough to have one person go in with one suitcase. You had to walk up these stained carpet spiral stairs instead to go to your room floor. You could also hear conversations in the other hotel room you shared a wall with. The bed was as advertised but not very comfy. There was no air conditioning and there was no safe in the room. The blind on the window was practically falling off. The bathroom was not clean and there were some black stains on the tiny shower ceiling. They have to hand you the tv remote when you check in and ours did not work. Thankfully we did not stay here long. I know rooms are typically much smaller in Paris but there has to be a minimum of comfort and cleanliness. Compared to another hotel we stayed at in Paris for the first leg of our trip, this hotel was a disappointment.

The bed was way too small for two people, our toilet roll never got replenished, on a boiling hot day in August, there was no air con,we could open a window but that didn't help as it opened upwards and we had to keep curtains closed as people could see directly into our room. There was a pipe noise when we arrived and we assumed it was just the noise the pipes made until we got woken up at 2am by our neighbours and they realised they'd left the taps on all evening and night. Definitely wouldn't stay again. The room was tiny and not shown anywhere on booking.com

The staff were really friendly

You can hear EVERYTHING what your neighbors do. If you know what I mean. Shower was a disaster... There is no separation between shower and toilet, so you basically flood whole bathroom while taking shower. Afterwards you have to use all towels to clean the mess. Room is tiny.

Location, 2 metro stops are just 5 minutes away. Amazing bakery is 1 min away :)

The rooms are really tiny, and of course the bed and shower were not good enough in terms of their size. I'm a big guy and did not feel comfortable in this tiny space. My room faced the street, and despite it seems to be quiet during the day, it turned to be a problem during sleeping hours. Too much noise from nearby cafes and from cars.

The staff is always ready to help. I was feeling free addressing them with my requests and concerns and they helped me within no time. The street where the hotel is located is full of cafes and shops.

Too small bed (we wanted a double bed, instead it was more like a one and a half size). Poor ventilation in the room. No air flow. It was tough to make through the hot night.

One night stay close to the Catacombs of Paris. Nice neighbourhood.

The room was super small, the internet connection was bad (unstable and not powerful).

The neighborhood is very nice and safe, which is an important fact when traveling to a foreign country.

Smoking personnel in the entrance. Hair dryer not working and was completely burned and disgusting. The shower wasn't comfortable at all, nothing to block the water. Impossible to open the window, just like 10/20 cm. Sometimes the door of our room blocked and we weren't able to open it with the keycard. Sad.

Comfortable bed. Good location.

room was on the ground floor and you couldn't open the window because it was going to the court allowing other to peek or climb in. not very good isolated, it was very noisy. stuff was aloof.

location was great, room was very clean

The hotel room did not look like the pictures at all. It was non-renovated, very small and extremely hot in the night, without airconditioning. It was a big disappointment which we have signaled at the reception. They gave us the option to move to another (smaller) room on the groundfloor (but at least with a better bathroom), where the only window looked to the corridor where smokers could go out to smoke.

The cleaning service was very good, especially when compared to how non-renovated the room was. It must be a big effort from the cleaning services to maintain the rooms clean impression. Location is good as Denfer Rochereau station is close and takes one everywhere. Also good for turists arriving from / flying from Orly.

The room was soooo tiny we barely fit our suitcase in. No view. Tiny bathroom. No space at all.The size of the bed was 1,30x1,85 so our feet were hanging off the bed. Wouldn't reccomend

The hotel was close to all the important sightseeing. Nice area

No safe in the room. Staff not very welcoming.

Excellent location close to restaurants and the metro. Environmentally friendly, vegan toiletries provided as standard.

The elevator was broken, but the staff helped me with my luggage. And the road is under construction, it's a little bit hard to walk.

The staff there is really friendly, and the location is pretty good. There are many stores around, so it's quite convenient.

Lift was inoperable most of the time. No air conditioner and noisy at nignt with qindows open for ventilation.

Good location, helpful staff, good sized room

The room was very poor in terms of facilities & comfort. Very basic! For instance, there was only 1 power outlet in a room for 2 persons!! The towels provided were very old (although clean, they seemed as if they been used for the last 10 years). The bed was of very low quality. The walls very thin so that every night you could clearly hear when your neighbors are banging each other!! We had to stay there for a week, however they didn't provide a new box of facial tissue which was already half used by the previous guests. The list goes on and on... in brief Tipi is close to a hostel rather than a hotel. Despite it's somewhat good location, I do not recommend it to couples who are looking for a comfortable room with a reasonable standard. The last but not the least, staff can barely speak English or understand it!!

The only thing I can mention on the positive side is location of Tipi hotel & it's access to public transport, supermarkets & restaurants.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Not really, but it's a budget hotel, so you've to accept its standard with right expectation.

If you are foodies, then the location of this hotel is second to none. It's one of the better streets if you are looking for some decent food that local Parisian will visit and eat. It's not far from RER B or M8, relatively cheap.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

No hello or goodbye or even interest shown at reception. Room very dark with lights on. Shower flooded all over the bathroom. Bathroom door hit the toilet so door didn't open properly. Room very hot and walls paper thin. Heard every sound made by snoring neigbours and was women by their alarme clock.

In a wonderful street

The walls were thin. Tipi is not by a crowded or busy street, but you can hear people talking and doing things all night long.

The location was a 5 minute walk from the Catacombs and metro. Also lots of restaurants, cafes, and bars nearby. They had a printer and were able to easily print my tickets to the Louvre.

The elevator was damage and we have to use the stairs. We were in a 4th floor... Plus for the free wifi but it is really really slow.

Little room but so clean and with good bed

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Workers on the street were noisy a bit. But it's temporary.

Great place for such price. Near metro station and Montparnasse tower. Very polite stuff and really tasty coffee. I'll visit this place again. Everything was awesome.

The only little inconvenience is thin walls so one can hear, for example, shower in the room next door. But for the quality of room, location and price it is really a very minor thing.

Very pleasant stay! Our room was at the top floor and the view was lovely. Extremely comfortable bed and nice linen. The reception is great, very helpful. We had breakfast one morning which was very nice continental. Otherwise the street is lovely with bakeries, market stalls, and a variety of very nice and well priced restaurants - lots of choice for foods and meals! 10 mins walk to two metro line which is perfect for getting around, and it is possible to walk to Luxembourg garden. Very safe, convenient location and great value for money with the room.

Friday night there was too many voices and loud from the bar/disco which is downstairs of rooms. Wi-Fi is not good enough. Rooms and furnishings are not new but clean.

Hotel was nice comparison to its price. Personel was nice and helpful. Hotel is on a very live street full of shops, pubs, patisseries and shopping. Room was not very very good but enough. Location is also quite good. You can reach to 2 different metro stations from each directions and one of them is also first stop of OrlyBus which transfers directly to Orly Airport. If you catch a good price, reasonable for Paris!

I didn't like the hotel, it Was way worse than the pictures online, and so too expensive for what it was! In particular The rooms walls were so thin that it was impossibile to sleep in the morning due to other clients only waking up and taking showers, or to the laud cleaning people! It seemed they were in the room with us!

I only liked the location. Close ti metro and to a lot of good places to eat

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

small room;very small bathroom and one of face towels was down on floor;it was "the cheapest room" because breakfast wasn't included and we didn't know that(who was very poor for 10.50euro!);you hear every noise from hotel;the street was closed because there was some maintenance and we needed half hour to find address;too much money for what they offer

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

It was quite a sharp greeting in to the hotel, we didn't understand a lot of French and the lady at the desk didn't seem very approachable. However, she did appear busy so may not always be like that.The tone of her voice was just a little brusk.

The bed was amazingly comfy and for a little room, it felt spacious and light. For the money and the location it was excellent value!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Friendly clean and comfortable hotel ideally situated for visiting Paris and with direct train from CDG airport and Eurostar. Easy to get to Orly airport too. On a lovely street with cafes, restaurants and a market.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

toilet was a bit small, but not a big deal for tourists. perfect!!!

perfect. toilet was a bit small but thats all. comfortable room,clean bed, kind staffs, nice location, great price, and everything was perfect.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Very small bathroom. Very thin walls - you can hear absolutely everything from room next to yours.

Very good location - close to metro/train station (direct line from CDG airport). Clean place, cozy, big bed. Good heating in the room (we stayed during winter season). Pleasant staff. Good value for the price.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

We coule hear the neighbors talking and having sex all day each day all night... Too expensive we paid 50,- euro per night, but this is paris...

Nice location, room was oke.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The room is small, but it's okay, the bathroom is clean but very small! The buildings are normally old in Paris, it was clean and beautiful but you can hear everything what happens next to you because of the thin walls... The older receptionists seem to speak just French!

Especially the young receptionists were tough and friendly! Mohamed was one of them who speaks good English and helps you out with everything. The location was in a nice street (bars, cafés, restaurants, supermarkets...) and not far away from metro stations or if you like walking, it was even possible to go to the center by feet.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The lift is too tiny. The matress in room 20 is in very bad condition, must be changed as soon as possible. you can hear everything happening next door. Overall I had a nice stay at Tipi hotel. I'll go back to it if i would be in Paris again.

A small, simple but clean and calm hotel. The receptionists were friendly and helpful especially Mohamed who accepted to change us the with a bigger one. Thanks a lot Mohamed. Also the other receptionist was a nice guy too. The location of the hotel is amazing. Rue Daguerre is great with lots of different restaurants, shops, coffee shops.. You can have your breakfast easily there in one of the bakeries that serve coffee too. The hotel is just 5 minutes away from Denfert Rocherau; the bus station to Orly Airport. It is also near Montparnasse and many metro stations.. I liked the place too much.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Breakfast was not included and seems to slightly expensive!

Location is close to busy area, and in the midle between the two metro stations (Gaite and Denfert).

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Only rooms are small but it is normal for Paris

Location is very good and safety, very close to metro station to reach everywhere especially to historc and touristic places Catacombes just 5 min walk , many restaurant and small bara aroun the hotel , also markets , staff ia smily , the hotel is best for who looks for only sleep , cost benefit hotel, clean , wifi works well

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Towels a little old; kept hitting my upper arm on the metal towel holder as I entered the bathroom;

Location for me; Front desk staff were friendly and efficient;

Browse Tipi traveller photo gallery