Reviews of Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles 5 stars

1, Boulevard de la Reine, 78000 Versailles, France

#10 of 34 hotels in Versailles

• King Deluxe Room with Park View

It fell slightly below expectations.

I have stayed at this hotel five times since 1980. This version of it is good but not better than previous versions. The decor is minimalist where as it was French Palace style. The restaurant Veranda, the second restaurant of the hotel has good food but with exceptionally small portions and very expensive for what is offered. Breakfast was good but not comparable with some Paris 5-star hotels. The staff were largely very nice and helpful. The location is superb.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

Bar service on the verandah (not the restaurant) was very poor. We waited half an hour for two drinks to be served - everyone was complaining. Drinks were very expensive but we accepted these prices as necessary.

Beautiful hotel with fabulous gardens and ideal location right by the garden entrance of the Palace of Versailles. We had half board and had our evening meal on the verandah overlooking the gardens. Classic room was a good size but the settee was not comfortable to sit on.

• King Pavillon Room

When booking the room, it’s not clear that pavilion rooms are not in main building. Pavilion rooms have not the decoration expected for such a place. I expected more classical decoration in this environment and it was too modern. Buffet for breakfast at level of 4 stars and not 5. Same for dinner in room service: around 50 euros for pasta Bolognesa and fruit salad with very simple presentation and no details such different types of bread or anything special. Minimum amenities: no comb, no toothbrush in the toilet. No small piece of chocolate or welcome sweet in the room. A 5 stars should give you a plus to be different of a 4 stars. The only big difference in that hotel is the building and the marvelous gardens. Services are more of 4, which makes the price too expensive.

Fantastic location. Wonderful classical building, a real palace feeling when you enter. Best gardens ever seen and fantastic terrace with view for breakfast. Very close to Versailles gardens. Quiet place, only song was the birds signing.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

I did not get the rooms I booked. I booked 3 rooms in the Pavillion with view in the Garden, but get only one and the other 2 rooms were in the main building. In these 2 rooms the air conditioning was disproportionately loud and it was an unpleasant smell in the room.

Beautiful park. Amazing. Upscale ambience.

The Pavilion accommodation is like the hotels poor relation - the building is uninspiring. I didn’t realise that for £300 per night per room I was staying in a travel lodge style building adjacent to the main hotel!!! Pleasant rooms although I don’t appreciate waiting 20mins to check out when I have paid for what should have been exceptional excellent service.

Clean nice gardens. Typical Hilton hotel profile disguised as part of the Waldorf brand! - overpriced and under delivered - as a seasoned traveler I expected more.

• Twin Pavillon Room

room rates are way too expensive its not that luxurious staff waiters at the main dining area and outside servise is very very slow many waiters are working but because they having chat with each other they don't take care with the customer a lot

• King Pavillon Room

The tea and milk supply in our room was on portion control although I am sure that more would have been supplied if we had asked.

staff were friendly and helpful.The buffet breakfast was first class as was the menu for the evening dinner.the hotel was situated 50 yards from the entrance to the Palace grounds.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

Being moved out of the dining room to facilitate a group. They should have been moved to the other venue.

First class breakfast and dinner in beautiful surroundings ( pity about the rain!)

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

The positioning right next to the Trianon gardens is amazing. The rooms are very well supplied with latest gadgets, from nespresso machine to Ihome system.

• King Deluxe Room with Garden View

There is no outdoor pool. Indoor only.

The breakfast buffet is with extensive choices and with very well prepared foods. My omelette was cooked perfectly. The yoghurt, coldcuts and cheese selection is delicious. They even have warm oatmeal. Also the dinner menu is satisfactory and dining on the terrace overlooking the gardens is a memorable experience. The restaurant staff is attentive and courteous.

• King Pavillon Room

The bed was HUGE and super comfortable, and the shower was one of the best I've ever used in a hotel (unlike many others, there was great water pressure!)

• King Superior Mansard Room

The housekeeping was good but our stay was five days and we noticed them not cleaning the water glasses sometimes as we left them out in the room. Also on a few days they did not replenish our complementary water. Over all the hotel did exceed our expectations.

Trianon Palace was very close to the Palace of Versailles, within walking distance. The original Building in which we stayed had a beautiful overlook of some pastures of sheep grazing in the meadows . The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable

• King Superior Mansard Room

I cant understand a hotel that charges this much and doesn't have free wifi... come on... this is the 'Waldorf Astoria'. I found the food in the lobby lounge to be good but a little over-priced. The restaurant was excellent. Our bathroom didn't have a shower which I found surprising

Beautiful hotel in an amazing location. Lovely, professional staff. Such a wonderful place to spend time

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

We've been going to this hotel for the past 3 or 4 years and it is starting to show serious signs of age. Needs to be retouched. The really upsetting part of this last visit was the food . It was not up to standards of the hotel and seriously overpriced. 28 euros for a sad salmon panini for example. Didn't eat at the Gordon Ramsey restaurant this time, but their classic restaurant needs immediate attention in terms of food quality.

The location is beautiful, comfy beds.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

Great location for entering the Gardens and Palaces of Versailles. Room looking out to Palace of Versailles. Under floor heating, very comfortable bed. Great to return to after exhausting walks around Versailles and the Palaces. You just don't appreciate the area, size of the grounds and the Palaces.

• King Pavillon Room

It didn't bother us (we took a taxi), but the hotel sits at the end of a very long road and public transport does not go to the bottom of it; so unless you like walking, you may prefer to take a car/taxi.

After our wkend plans had fallen through, my beloved and I treated ourselves to an overnight adventure at The Triannon (we found a good deal here at Booking). It's expensive yes, but it is a beautiful building and it borders on some large green spaces which are great for walking around. One of the things my beloved and I particularly enjoyed, was watching all the life through the window whilst eating breakfast (birds, goats, dogs with their people and even a cat having a mad 5mins running around and marking it's territory lol). We upgraded for 20€ and stayed in the annexe across from the main building in a larger room. The decor was lovely, the view of the main building and fields behind was peaceful, the bed was sooo comfy and it was very clean. I took full advantage to dance around the spacious bathroom during my ablutions! The service was lovely; I have sometimes found an air of elitism in higher end hotels, but I didn't find that here. The staff were friendly, helpful and human. I had some really nice chats with them. We had both dinner and breakfast (try the pancakes!) and the food was delicious. Their wellbeing facilities are wonderful. I didn't take a spa treatment (again, a little expensive for me), but I thoroughly enjoyed the sauna, steam room and the beautiful pool. We walked along an underground tunnel from the annexe to the spa area and the automatic doors made us feel like we were in a Bond movie :-) The surrounding town is pretty, interesting to walk around and they have a great market on the weekend. I would definitely stay here again for the occasional treat.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

expensive breakfast, didn't like the smell in the room and corridors, bath is to small and the water jet of the shower is to little

comfortable bed, unique location, nice towels and bathrobe, clean bathroom and room

Not a thing!

My partner organised a visit to the Palace of Versailles for my Christmas gift. The hotel is perfectly located and exceeded all my expectations. Room lovely, on a corner with view over the park. Bed super comfortable, had best nights sleep! Breakfast was plentiful and lots of choice. Croissants and pain au chocolat to die for! Staff very attentive without being overpowering. Nothing too much trouble. We ate in the Veranda and had excellent meals, from starters to deserts, it was fabulous. Concierge Charlotte is lovely and most helpful! Reception staff extremely attentive and friendly. We would definitely return.

• Twin Pavillon Room

The a/c in the room a little bit warm To me . It can’t not be adjusted . So that I have to turn it off all the night . After I turned off the a/c the room had bad smell .

• King Pavillon Room

Our room was in building beside main building. Not as nice. Extra cost was applied for having my daughter with me, but the booking.com site said kids could stay in room free. Extra fee for WiFi unless I sign up for Hilton spam, the third time (they can never find my account)

Beautiful main hotel right beside the palace grounds. Great things were the pool (big and warm), 2 saunas, workout room, tea beside pool, house coats in room, piano in the foyer.

• Twin Pavillon Room

Upon arrival we received a complimentary room upgrade which was explained as a garden room view. I guess this tempered our disappointment on learning our bedroom was located in the ballroom annex adjoining the actual hotel building and not the hotel.

The bedroom was a generous size. The hotel building itself is impressive. Good breakfast offering.

• Twin Pavillon Room

That some of the soft drinks such as Strawberry juice cost the same as a glass of wine.

Staff were friendly and courteous. Room was comfortable. Swimming pool was very good and we enjoyed the food.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

We arrived at the brunch at 15 minutes before it ends (close the buffet) and the girl at the entrance did not bother to tell us about the time left. Instead of having a king size bed, we had two beds put together. The TV remote was dirty and should have been changed

The Service was mostly great, and the facilities are super cool, the pool and the sauna The restaurant La Veranda is delicious! The Building is beautiful and close to the castle

• King Pavillon Room

- spa is in need of a spruce up - minibar system

+ professionality of the staff (particularly at reception) + location + boutique experience in 5-star hotel chain

All the large rooms in the hotel are overheated especially in the dining room. Outside different temperatures make it difficult to adjust I guess. Fresh/clean air early morning 'open the windows' is highly recommended. The carpets in the bedrooms are outdated and smell. Suggest wooden floors! A long cue for fresh scrambled eggs or pancakes makes you wait in the heavy smoke. Our waiter then stood in line for us! Again due to the very large rooms the air quality and ventilation is well below average and not refreshing. Breakfast is too expensive.

Service very pleasant and helpful.

• Twin Pavillon Room with Garden View

Carpets in the room seemed never cleaned; personnel offered many ways to get us in the palace avoiding the cues (with extra-high payment), only to find out ... no cues at all!

Excellent location next to Palace gardens; beautiful ammenities areas (restaurant, garden, etc)

• King Deluxe Room with Park View

We've been coming here for years and it is still the best hotel within driving distance of Paris for a weekend getaway. Food is always good and we love the spa!

• King Pavillon Room

We didn't like the ridiculous cost of the drinks and meals . We ate the first evening in the cheaper resturant with four adults & two children with two courses each one bottle of wine & soft drinks the bill was 4oo euros . The second evening we made the short walk into town & found a lovely authentic french restaurant we all had three courses & wine for 180 euros.

The rooms were comfortable and spacious , the spa & pool were excellent . You were able to walk right out of the gates of the hotel into the gardens of Versailles which was amazing.

• King Deluxe Room with Garden View

IT SHOULD BE A FIVE STAR HOTEL THE STAFF WERE EXCELENT AND SO ATTENTIVE WE NEVER HAD THIS SERVICE BEFORE IN ANY OTHER HOTEL AND THE BED WAS SO BIG WE GOT LOST IN IT WE CANT WAIT TO COME BACK

• King Pavillon Connecting Family Room

Overpriced, didn't realise there was another building that you stayed in if you were buying the cheaper rooms however they were still quite comfortable. Staff could have been a bit friendlier.

The prices seemed a little high especially for breakfast and the staff were very confused on the pricing of the types of breakfast you could have. We did not eat in the restaurants as they were very over priced compared to some really nice places to eat a short walk away.

Good overall experience with the hotel and its location. Rooms were really clean and large. Staff were very helpful and attentive. The grounds to the hotel are well maintained and is opposite to the Palace of Versailles grounds and a 10 minute walk to the main entrance.

It was a perfect stay

Enjoyed the spa area and although I didn't have time for breakfast, it looked very nice. Comfortable beds and close to event.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

Hotel was beautiful, staff was friendly and helpful. Grounds are beautiful next to Palace Versailles, problem Hotel needs to be remodeled carpets are old air conditioning can’t be controlled in room so they shut air threw out building since apparently 64 degrees is really cold.

• Twin Pavillon Room

The Gordon Ramsay restaurant was closed as it was Sunday evening; the Veranda was adequate but nothing to write home about. It is quite a long walk (15-20 mins) around the corner to the main entrance to the Palace of Versailles - the map makes it appear a lot closer. The swimming pool was cold and the spa was disappointing.

The extra large double bed was wonderfully comfortable - I could have slept there for a week! The grounds form part of the Chateau de Versailles; a walk is highly recommended. The breakfast is copious, fresh and varied - a veritable banquet!

• King Superior Mansard Room

1) too much dusts in room. As description in my another reservation. The second room I got is not as horrible as my first room which made me cough continuously over six hours without realizing the root cause. I never expect and believe such nice hotel has room full of dusts. They should wash and vacuum the carpet. Least should provide an air purifier. Even their check in desk is full of dusts. Look,closer to the black lamp on their desk. The one on concierge desk is much clean but still got dusts depot. It shows how much dusts in the hotel. Alarm for allergic or asthmas patients. 2) the room service food is terrible. The first nights pasta is just taste less but it's warm and cooked. But the second night's burger was using supermarket quality bun. It break into multiple parts when you hold it. It's not made by hotel but cheap market bun. I had diaria before I finish the food. It was horrible and I regret I didn't order the tasteless pasta. Maybe, maybe it has to do with the all oil salad dressing. The dressing didn't come with any venigar at all. 3) the room I have has a horrible shower. First, I don't get hot water around 7,8 pm while plenty at 7 am. I had literally breeze shower for few days. It's not completely cold but it's not warm either. I had to finish as soon as possible. In the morning, its dam hot. Next is the shower head from ceiling. It's locate like a rain shower but it's not the type of shower head used I. Rain shower, the result is the waster co e down too strong and split all over. Because the speed of the water, it gets out than driving on my body to be functional.

The concierge is very professional and helpful. Had called a doctor for me and helped me to get a taxi on busy Sunday. Location, next to park, who can beat?

• King Deluxe Room with Garden View

1) too much dusts in room. If you open wi Dow and let sun light go in, you can see cloud of dusts flying in air. Look at the black ceramic lamp on the check in desk, it's full of dusts not wiped as a sign. Either the room 's carpet need wash or vacuum very hard. I was coughing for over 6 hours once lied down on the bed without knowing it was not me but the dusts in the room. 2) in room dining is terrible for this hotel. The first night's pasta is done but tasteless. Even Starbucks ready made pasta salad out bud it's room service. I will explain the second night in next booking.

Location, staff

• King Deluxe Room with Garden View

Staff were rude and sarcastic e.g. 1st time we meet the Concierge we asked in French if he spoke English? Reply very sarcastic "Do you speak French". Waiter at breakfast after we politely requested milk for our coffee and thank him in French when it arrived he responded in a very sarcastic manner "my pleasure, pleasure, pleasure, pleasure, pleasure". The hotel was the last one we had stayed at after three wonderful weeks in France and it was definitely a lowlight of the holiday. There were so many things we could mention that we're below par but to sum up for such a lovely building and position it was run like a 3 star USA hotel.

Close to the Palace Versailles

• Twin Pavillon Room

didn't like staying in an annexe above the car park.

Bit of a con...we didn't stay in the Trianon Palace...it was a modern block of rooms across the drive reached by the underground parking level or across the drive.....pity! I wish they would tell you this when booking. We would not have stayed there.

• King Pavillon Room

I didn't like that it was not made clear when I booked what a room in the 'pavilion ' meant. For this day you just offered Pavilion rooms. On the pictures on the booking.com website you couldn't see what the 'Pavilion' looks like. It felt like being in a motel,separated from the amazingly palatial and designed main hotel. Quite dissapointing. The design of the pavilion and its rooms were far under my expectations. Dark hallways, most ugly carpets, you really felt lost there and didn't get the vibe to stay in a palace hotel.

The main hotel is extraordinarily stylish, beautiful designed, a palace hotel with sophistication.

• King Pavillon Room

Would have preferred to stay in the old part of the hotel, didn't really like the Pavillion building

Lovely hotel, we stayed in the pavilion which is a newer addition, in hindsight I would have rather stayed in the grand old building in the photographs, as this was where I thought I was booking. Even though I had a Pavillion room I didn't actually realise what this meant at the time of booking. Saying that it was very comfortable, but a little sterile - very much a business feel to it rather than being on holiday - didn't feel at all French either. The main hotel was fabulous and the food was great in the restaurant, breakfast was amazing - could have stayed most of the morning stuffing our faces! Perfect location, a stone's throw away from the Chateau of Versailles, which is why we were there! Parking also very straightforward, valet took care of our car. Versailles town was also very nice to walk around (about 15 minute walk from the hotel) casual feel to it and some lovely shops and restaurants for a little stroll around. We were quite tired as we had walked our legs off the day before around the Chateau and gardens so we were quite content will a little stroll with plenty of coffee and cake stop offs!

• King Pavillon Room

The room was situated in another building (60mtrs) in the corner of the highest floor. Interior was totally outdated. (bathroom was okay). After dinner we had to walk through the rain to our room (no umbrellas available). Therefore we rate this with a bad price/qualtity ratio=>we had to pay 5 star prices for the stay and for food and drinks while sleeping in a 3 star room. Room information/location on Booking.com must be improved. (Try to find the paint on the roomframe in the attached photo)

staff was fine.

• King Deluxe Room with Garden View

At the breakfirst there was no place so where put in the hallway to eat (next to the door where plates where dumpt do clean, but we could see there where places in the restaurant and terras. You can argue with the person but she does not care. Croissants, chocolate brioche where without taste, all is rather without flavor. Cold American pancakes. Again she could not care

The loction is good. The receptionhostess (Nancy) and the waiter (Leonardo), who despite all tried to rectify te situation. Nice rooms. Nice view.

• Twin Pavillon Room with Garden View

The hotel is stunning but the obsession with formality means the guests are practically ignored. You feel uncomfortable as though you are invading their space. There is no atmosphere - it is just a stately home with guests who are tolerated but not walmly welcomed.

The hotel is stunning. Very clean - maids change towels daily .

• King Pavillon Room

The fact that there is no free WIFI connection. It was not a huge deal but felt a little puny compared to all other hotels we used during our trip.

The location and the surrounding gardens.

• King Pavillon Room

What was a shock is that our room was in a Holiday inn-type building that was built as an add on on the property for conventions. That building was a box with no one at a desk somewhere in the back, most of the time. Once we entered that building, it felt as if we were somewhere in an average roadside hotel in midwest America, not France. We expressed out concern and even though they had empty rooms in the actual Triannon Palace, they wanted to charge us an extra $100 to move. The concierge was arrogant and rude and when we told him we were there to visit Versailles, he gave us absolutely no information other than, yes it's open tomorrow. I later found out from another guest, that she and her family were also given no information, however, she heard from another guest , a French guest, that the hotel offers a package to Versailles that includes breakfast and no waiting in line for less than it cost us. The concierge not only didn't tell us about this, but also didn't tell the other American guests. I find that offensive. I also thinks it's essential that photos of the "annex" be put on line and on this site so that you know what you're getting if you choose a particular room and can make sure you don't end up there. We also had lunch in the main restaurant, which has a beautiful terrace. The food was good, but overpriced. Our wait staff was wonderful and when we asked her if she could recommend some local restaurants nearby (we didn't want to eat in the same place every day), she looked around and quietly said that if she were caught giving us information she would be fired! Fortunately for us, there was no one else around and she jotted down some very good places. This speaks to the policy of the hotel, which is not one looking out for the best experience for their guests, rather one concerned only with their bottom line. Hopefully their bottom will fall out as a result of their lack of care.

If we would have stayed in the building where we thought we booked out room, the property would have retained its beauty and elegance.

• King Pavillon Room

The service is terrible you need to ask 3 times the same thing before to get it..they forget to put coffee in the room the sheets had whole and they bring us a old blanquette without cover on it ... They put a barking dog in the room next to us so the baby woke up twice at night Breakfast in room cost 50 euros !!and the pool and the gym is open for people outiside the hotel not exclusive at all!! To get to your room you need to go underground it will take you 5 Minutes! To flash the toilettes you need to close them!! So disappointed about our all experience The manager send us juices to apologize and fruits.. even the fruits haven't been check and were bad!! Such a joke for the price

• Twin Deluxe Room with Garden View

That I didn't get to stay even longer!!!!

Everyone was extremely helpful and kind. The hotel was spectacular and a real pleasure to stay at. I cannot wait to go back. Most importantly for me, it was right next to an entrance for Versailles. This entrance was better than the main for all locations. I had a wonderful trip and this hotel exceeded all my expectations. Fantastic breakfast buffet.

• Twin Pavillon Room

Very busy reception for check out so waiting a while to get help with luggage. Overall experience good.

Staff were fantastic, rang once I booked to check our arrival time & book a table in the restaurant. Valet parking & bringing our luggage to the rooms a big perk. Pool assistant very helpful with my wheelchair dependant son. Large comfy rooms, luxurious toiletries, food excellent ..... Would definitely return if in Versailles again

• King Pavillon Room

Breakfast - we had to queue, there were no plates, service was chaotic.

Staff were very good - facilites too. Michelin 2* Restaurant was amazing as was Gordon Ramsey.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

There was no radio possibility neither via TV , the room was not big as written in some commentaries, and for this size and quality the price was too high = not justified in our opinion. The breakfast was looking good and fresh but nothing special for 28 € / pers. so we prefered not to take it in the house.

The location very near from the Versailles garden is great and the looking from the main building also.

Check in was really slow, not sure why they make it so complicated. Hotel makes their money on the extras with breakfast being €30(!) and bar snacks and drinks expensive, but it's that kind of hotel so you just have to be prepared as the experience is worth it. 20 min walk to the restaurants in Versailles but taxi is easy enough to get.

Beautiful hotel right next to one of the entrances to the palace. Opulent interior with beautiful bar area for a snack or drink inside or on the terrace. Our rooms were in the annex but it was still nice, large rooms with view over hotel gardens, coffee machine in room. Bathrooms large with ferragamo products. For standard of hotel, rooms were actually really good value for money. Michelin restaurant which is very expensive, but another restaurant which is more reasonable and the food in the bar was really good too. Car park on site and they park it for you which is great. Overall a wonderful experience.

• King Pavillon Room

There was only one bedside table in the room so whoever slept on that side had to put their phone and mug on the carpet.

The staff were very professional. The valet team were all very friendly. The Gordon Ramsay restaurant was beautifully decorated and the food was spectacular! The location couldn't be better if you are visiting the palace.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

Tanker emptying blocked drains created noise and very smelly, could not open windows or enjoy sitting on veranda. Reception staff very apologetic & offered 50% off price for that night. Otherwise excellent hotel !!

Staff were excellent

• King Pavillon Room

I think to charge your clients to use the internet when you are a 5 star hotel is disgraceful. We were also expected to pay for parking which I also thought was extortionate. This put a bad taste in my mouth and overshadowed what would have otherwise been a very pleasant stay. I also wasn't aware that there were two different parts of the hotel, one old and one new block and we were put in the new block which I would not have chosen

The swimming pool and spa were very smart and looked well maintained. The garden was beautiful and the concierge was very helpful

• King Deluxe Room with Garden View

Our stay was spolied by the hotel hosting a private party. After an very busy day exploring beautiful Versailles we were woken to the loudest music and cheering. I had to get dressed and walk to reception to complain. This is not acceptable in any hotel but in a hotel of this quality it is extremely disappointing, to say the least.

The style and opulence of the hotel

• King Pavillon Room

We picked this hotel due to its high standards and cause there's is a Gordon Ramsey restaurant in it, we did not care about the price but when we arrived at our room, surprise! Air conditioning is not working properly cause the area it's under a heat wave, only 39 degrees Celsius, and there's nothing they could do to fix it, so our room coolest temperature was 26 degrees, unacceptable, specially cause we did change from another hotel for this exact reason, hammam wasn't working either nor the restaurant's AC , yes, Gordon Ramsey's 2 Michelin Star... A lady was having her food with one hand and holding a fan with the other, comic, if you don't mind the high pricing. At the end of our staying, ( hotel) and after a complaint to the manager, they kindly gave us a 50% off the room bill.

We picked this hotel due to its high standards, it's facilities, the proximity to the Versailles garden's and cause there's is a Gordon Ramsey restaurant in it, we did not care about the price but when we arrived at our room, surprise! Air conditioning is not working properly cause the area it's under a heat wave, only 39 degrees Celsius,(103F) and there's nothing they could do to fix it, so our room coolest temperature was 26 degrees,(80F) at 5 am,unacceptable, specially cause we did change from another hotel for this exact reason, hammam wasn't working either nor the restaurant's AC , yes,a Gordon Ramsey's 2 Michelin Star, A lady was having her food with one hand and holding a fan with the other, comic, if you don't mind the high pricing. At the end of our staying, ( hotel) and after a complaint to the manager, they kindly gave us a 50% off the room bill.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

Bit of a trek from the Metro station (Rive Droite) over the cobbles, but we should have just jumped in a cab!

The perfect romantic getaway a stones throw from Versailles. Staff were friendly and (discretely) attentive, nothing was too much trouble. Room in the Pavillion was spacious, spotless with everything you could need. Lovely pool, with the surprise of the sunken relaxation area which was a real suntrap for recovering after the journey. Delicious breakfast with special dietary needs catered for - just ask! Best of all was the meal in the Gordon Ramsey restaurant - incredible food, wine and atmosphere. Great value for the quality of the venue.

• Twin Pavillon Room

The restaurant la Veranda was fully booked both nights we stayed, and the terrace menu was not really adapted to summer...

The concierge was helpful with reservations to local events.

• King Superior Mansard Room

Amazing location when visiting Versailles. Offer peace from the storm of tourists. We loved it especially the mini baguettes they served with meals.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

Location, kindness and helpfulness of staff, especially the concierge. Our luggage was lost and he helped so very much!! He kept checking for us, and thanks to his effort we got it

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• King Pavillon Room

Disappointed to see the Waldorf Astoria showing its Hilton roots by continuing to charge for WiFi unless you have Hilton Honors. This is insulting in an age of ubiquitous free WiFi. We woke to find workmen on the flat roof outside our window at 07.30. An unpleasant surprise.

Excellent location at the Queen's gate entrance to Versaille. Beautiful hotel perfectly maintained. The Gordon Ramsey restaurant lived up to its Michelin star and has a great view into the Versailled estate. Breakfast was well prepared and had a good choice. All staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

The normal restaurant (bistro) was not very accommodating. Even so I was hotter guest they didn't have a table for me and asked me to wait for 30-45 minutes. So I did in the bar and after about 90 minutes I had to complain again that I still was waiting before I finally got a table. The price performance for the dinner was not very good. The breakfast is ridiculously expensive.

Location is fantastic, rooms are fine but getting a bit "old"

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

Service not very attentive in bars/restaurants .. shower in bath in bathroom not very spacious and cheap hairdryer!

Location great, staff very professional

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• King Deluxe Room with Park View

When we tried to take afternoon "champagne tea" for 4 at around 5pm, we were told that there were only 2 left and they pre-book these special teas in the morning. This was not evident on the menu so we were disappointed and surprised, especially considering that it is quite expensive.

This is a luxurious art deco period hotel right next to the Versailles estate (if it was any closer it would be in the grounds!). The room was excellent, good size, very well furnished, huge very comfortable bed with balcony overlooking the park and the trees on the perimeter of the Versailles estate. Coffee espresso machine as well as kettle for tea. Mini bar fridge and soya milk for tea delivered to room f.o.c. Beautiful large period bathroom with twin sinks and balcony. All luxurious. Entrance foyer and access to bar and restaurants art deco in style and very attractive. Breakfast costs extra but is good value, serving every world wide breakfast you could think of, with a chef on hand to freshly prepare eggs in any style as well as crepes etc. There is a good sized well designed swimming pool in the basement with local showers, changing etc. There is always an attendant and a fresh bathrobe and towel are provided for each swim and there are reclining seats around as well as an outdoor completely secluded seating area adjacent (solarium). Perfect for a swim before breakfast.

• Twin Pavillon Room

Everything was excellent, my only comment is that service in the bar was rather slow.

The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. my friend is allergic to feathers and duvet and pillows were changed promptly for man-made fibres. The room was quiet. the location was excellent. Staff were attentive and polite.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• King Pavillon Room

It's a fancy hotel but we got put in room 1342 as far away from the main building as possible (I'm guessing that's where the discount rooms are). The room hasn't been well maintained and the door lock was broken, sheets had lipstick stains, the shower head was partly clogged, and the sink drain didn't work very quickly. For clarification, Booking.com said wifi in hotel description but wifi is only free in the lobby and costs money in the rooms.

Great breakfast, great location to Versailles, swimming pool, friendly staff.

• King Pavillon Room

It is expensive to eat and drink, but a great experience.

Hotel is beautiful, luxury. Old chateau with lovely features and beautiful gardens. Particularly enjoyed breakfast overlooking part of the Palace of Versailles 'gardens'. We were upgraded to a Superior room in the main hotel which was very large and comfortable. The bathroom alone was bigger than some hotel rooms. Really special. Palace grounds literally next to hotel so we walked in and spent a full day in the grounds alone.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• King Pavillon Room

Plug in hand basin in room did not work and was not repaired.

Service was excellent and staff remembered our names. Food very good and setting perfect.

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

I had the worst meal ever at the restaurant; when I mentioned it to the staff they told me that they would take note; although they didn't ask me what I had eaten. Hugely expensive so I expected something decent.

We live the location; we had been a couple of times before so choose it again for our honeymoon

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Twin Pavillon Room

Apart from two members of staff, no one smiles! They all seem really miserable. On the second day we came back to our room at 1530 to find it had not been cleaned. The excuse was "we are busy!"

Beautiful building, great location for the Palace of Versailles

• King Deluxe Room with Park View

Dirty hand marks on corridor walls, the marble at the bar in bar area was tired looking. Needs re grouting and some attention to detail. Some things were tired and dated.I tripped up over a broken carpet rail on the corridor stairs. . It was fixed immediately and thankfully no injury to me.

The staff were accommodating. I found them very friendly and professional.I loved my room,had a very comfortable. bed and enjoyed the cocktails especially. The location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• King Pavillon Room with Garden View

I was hoping we had an apartment in the main building, and trying to contact the restaurants to book dinner was difficult as the line was constantly busy.

Although our room was in the adjacent property, the room was luxurious and the bed particularly comfortable. We enjoyed the garden view from our window and the grandeur of the main hotel.

• King Superior Mansard Room

The WIFI in the room was not consistent and kept cutting out.

The service, the Gordon Ramsay restaurants, the atmosphere, and the location of the hotel was perfect. The hotel was conveniently located right beside the palace and we had views of it from our room. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The size of the room was perfect for two of us. Great bathroom. Another highlight of our trip was having drinks on the patio.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• King Pavillon Room

We booked last minute and on a special rate. This meant we stayed in the conference area not in the main hotel. While the room was large and well equipped the decor was a little tired had a more sterile feel. With the generosity of nature all around the spirit of the hotel was a little mean. We would have expected free wifi standard in most 4 * hotels. 5* are well within the reach of this hotel its position alone warrants the investment.

This hotel could not fail to feel special because of its very special location. I would stay again just to be close to the park and enjoy the very special views. The main building has the elegance of another age. Enjoying a drink, tea on the veranda or dinner is an experience and service was attentive while unintrusive. If you are prepared for the prices you won't be disappointed and it would be a shame to stay and not enjoy at least an afternoon tea.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Twin Pavillon Room

No porter to take bags from/to taxi on arrival/departure.

Superb location overlooking Versailles chateau grounds. Great dining. Staff helpful.

Browse Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles traveller photo gallery