Reviews of Hotel Paris Opera managed by Melia 4 stars

3 Boulevard Montmartre, 2nd arr., 75002 Paris, France

#945 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Premium Room

Staff was not attentive and not helpful. First rule of housekeeping not to come in without knocking the door. But they did twice. I am 55 kg and shower not big enough to get in. I searched by myself and forced the reception to change room to have a normal shower. Air conditioning not working. Heater was not working room was cold. But room has balkony makes me relaxed.

Location is great

The room that we got was not the same as the pictures. The room that we got was really small and cramped and we paid a lot of money for a standard double room. Also it was really hot as the radiators were on and there was no way to turn it off. The room listed that there was AC when we spoke to the front desk they said that the AC is only turned on in May, so our room was so stuffy and baking hot! Sleeping was horrible and we had to keep taking showers to cool down, even opening the window didn’t help because they kept us at the back.

The bed was comfortable and it was in a good location.

The room was small, and we could here doors openning and closing from other rooms

The location was excellent. Right outside was the metro station and lots of nice restaurants bars and stores Rooms are clean and well maintained

• Fitness Room

We came in the hotel and they did not have our room available which was very strange. They said there was something wrong in their system. They gave me a downgrade room. I will never recommend this hotel. It has been one month ago and they have still reserved a certain amount on my creditcard. I had to call like 5 times to get my deposit back.

We checked in late due to a late flight, only to be given what I would describe as the unwanted room. It was tiny with a terrible view of the hotel service court. For a four star hotel, the bed was also small with minimal pillows (I had on the same trip stayed at hotels of 3 stars which had giant bends and excellent linen). The towels also all seemed to have blue or black stains on them, which made me question the cleanliness. The bathroom was also incredibly small. Considering that we thought this would be our spoil hotel, considering that it was the most expensive out of the hotels we had stayed throughout our trip, this was the least impressive one to be at. I just would not rate them a a four start hotel - an average 3 star at best.

In terms of location, the hotel is located very well with the entrance of the Metro just outside the hotel. Also, lots of places to find something to eat around the hotel. They do luggage storage if you are traveling later than your check out time. The reception is modern and clean.

• Premium Room

Not much to complain except heating is centralized. After showering it becomes extremely hot since the heat pipes are also located within the bathroom.

Awesome location. Busy district, direct entry to the metro. There is a fridge and safety deposit, use both wisely while in Paris.

A cleaner stole an amount of money from me that I had left inside my luggage while she was cleaning my room and I was absent. I instantly contacted the manager of the hotel who told me that he would fix the issue and now 4 days later he has not even contacted me. Disgraceful.

They initially put me in a smaller room than I had booked, and when I went down to the reception they instantly put me in the correct room that I had booked.

Space of the room and the bathroom conditions.

The room space was extremely small and the bathroom was so small that it became even risky or dangerous to move around.

• Family Room

I wish the rooms were a bit larger. We had a family room but with kids it is still tight space. The bunk beds for the 2 boys were a bit old and was concerned the ladder to the top bunk was not sturdy/safe, so son slept on the sofa instead. The glass top of the tables were chipped / broken potentially not safe for ththe children.

Breakfast was good for a small hotel. Staff was very friendly. Location was good.

Nothing, everything was perfect

The breakfast in bed was nice, mini bar stocked every morning, a little expensive but worth it for the quality over all

Could not recommend this hotel enough, the staff were fantastic & couldn't have been more helpful, lovely room & brilliant location. Will definitely be back

Can be a bit noisy in the weekends on de street (honking cars and drunk people)

Location is everything in paris. Here, youre in the heart of it. I asked for another room, first room was nearby airco centre of building. No problem and got a real nice room with view on the street. Its clean, breakfast is good.

The air-con was terrible. Went there in winter and the room felt like a sauna. We had to open the windows and even then the problem did not really improve. I cannot imagine going there in summer! Our room also had view on the central core of the building, which is dark and full of noisy air conditioning facilities. The noise was an issue because of the aforementioned need to open our windows at night.

The staff was excellent and very helpful, and the location idea right in the center of Paris and well connected to everything.

No coffee or tea facilities, poor lighting in main room,no air conditioning and heat couldn't be turned off and and the Wi-Fi password up in arrival didn't work at all for the duration of the trip.

Staff were lovely and extremely helpful when questions were asked about late check out,holding bags and how to get to airport etc no issues at all

The hotel was hot and rooms very noisy at night due to location. More importantly, this was booked via booking.com on the basis of breakfast included. However this was not the arrangement made by booking,com with the hotel (which was breakfast payable as an extra). Cost of breakfast increased the room price by 50% taking value from "good" to "avoid". This is a booking.com scam - it has now happened to me twice now in two months (the first time I assumed it was a one-off mistake). If anyone books via booking.com (and I recommend you don't) them make 100% sure you take screen shots of each screen during the booking process so you have proof of what you booked - booking,com will otherwise deny all knowledge.

Staff very helpful. Hotel modern and comfortable rooms (except for heat and noise, see below).

Pillows weren’t that comfortable and room was quite warm (could open window though).

Great location, reasonably priced, very clean, friendly staff and room was quiet with good blinds.

Horrible stay. Was a bad decision to book it this time from booking.com; checked-in to sleep ONLY but Too much noise from outside couldn't sleep the night (even for 30 min) No kettle in the room ;Elevator not suitable if you have a bag and do not book if you are with a baby. Its not 4 star hotel; more like a 2 star - waste of money better sleep in B&B than booking here

Front desk officer was very friendly and did his best to make our stay good in this awful property

I kept getting woken by some garbage dumpster outside my room. Room and bathroom were absolutely tiny. Only a couple feet larger than the twin bed. No toilet brush

Safe, secure and cheap for the location

The double room from photos supossed to be 20 sq. meters, but actual size is 14/16/18 sq. meters. I had to pay extra to upgrade to a bigger room

Room was big, bright and quiet

There was really no room to open my suitcase, a 24 inch roller. Only space between wall and bed wasn't quite wide enough. But it was ok. The toilet was poorly placed, with a column blocking part of the front. Might've just been my room.

Large room for Paris. Very clean and modern. Best thing, it has a minibar to keep drinks cold (somewhat hard to find in Paris). Shower very nice, large comfortable bed, very clean and safe. EXCELLENT location. Right on major intersection packed with shops and restaurants, with metro directly in front of hotel. Can walk to Louvre, Chatelet, Notre Dame in about 15-20 mins.

They charged me before the stay (even though 'no pre-payment needed' was selected. Then charged me again at check out, meaning i had the amount out of my account twice. This meant i had to sacrifice lunch and activities on the last day in Paris so i had enough money to get home! Also, no air conditioning in room!

Renovations are ongoing again... so expect a grander look... but the LIFT however fits 3 people only! Hey, there is a LIFT!! and that is a plus in Paris.

Location is key! Literally in front of the Metro Line 8 exit. Plus, the taxi stand is right in front of the hotel. Trocadero, Louvre and basically everything is EASILY reachable via BUS or Metro.

• Family Room

Only minor things. Decoration of the room was mostly brand new and modern but some of the finishing touches could have been better. Couldn't close the bedroom door.

Great location in an area with plenty of restaurants and a lively buzz. Nice sized family room.

Really small room. Wifi and air conditioner didn't work for 3 days and the hotel staff didn't know when it was going to be fixed. It was 30ºC outside so it was a little uncomfortable to sleep without AC.

Great location: a lot of cafes on the boulevard and a metro station 5 steps away.

For a first timer in Paris, the location couldn't be better. Clean and chic hotel with smiling faces all around. Best cafes, restaurants, small shops and aboce all metro is literally at your doorstep.

Air con wasn't working in room 315. Also the rooms are not sound proof at all so you hear everything in all the other rooms, doors being slammed in the early hours due to weight of them and inconsiderate guests

Free water and fruit on the first day of arrival. Great location! Staff were helpful on arrival and leaving baggage on final day.

Really nice and tidy room, was quite warm, could have done with air conditioning but opening window did the trick

Great location! Easy walking distance of most of paris's attractions! Metro and taxi rank also right outside the front door!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Room size and room service. It was wierd - we didn't use minibar but our own water and they took off glasses

Lokation, breakfast and staff, one of the best value for money

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Only a little bit the internet connection

The best place to stay The metro is in front of the hotel door Very nice room clean in 5th floor awesome view

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Nothing, everything was perfect!

Great staff, really polite and welcome! Always a smile for you. Great comfort: nice bed, pillow... great TV Really clean!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The room was very hot and we couldn't find a way of turning it down, although this was not a big issue given it was December.

Cleanliness and location were good

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Lovely hotel in a great location! We were very lucky that we got upgraded and had a lovely room with a balcony. I will write a great review on trip adviser, but have already recommended to friends!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

I have ordered one room with two single beds, but we got one room with one double bed. Room was really small for two people. We had just enough space to go around the bed. Room was way too hot. In the bath was very little space too. You can hardly turn around yourself. Very overpriced hotel for what it is. Through the window in the room, I saw in the bathroom of another guest. It is a little bit creepy, weird. Just one small wardrobe in whole room. Definitely it is not 4-star hotel, except price. The price is too high for what you get!!

Nice staff. The location was great.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

I thought the breakfast was overpriced (20 Euros per person) so I didn't take that.

Great locations, super comfortable, literally right out side the Grand Boulevard station, cute neighborhood, within walking distance of a lot of iconic Paris. Nice resturants close by. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

I booked for 2 separated single bed , however , hotel pushing me to have a 1 bed for 2 people. They try to mention that the mistake is mine , and there is no room like that. However , in 4 minutes ,they changed and decided to provide me the room that I booked... Be careful with the reception.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Very hot room. Extensive work ongoing at the back. Small rooms devoid of natural lighting. Very expensive for what is it

Have stayed many times but likely to be the last. Great location. Functional no frills hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Premium Room

Windows got a bit stuck, but on the plus side they were floor to ceiling with railings so you could look out Air con was a bit noisy

Breakfast in bed was great. Room decor was tidy and everything was clean Metro was literally outside the door

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Julian, the reception/front desk guy was SUPER RUDE and INCOMPETENT in his job. When we check in , we handed our passport to him, he misplaced if for nearly an hour, he then realized it was under the computer! Shouted at us and accused us not giving him the passport! When our passports emerged, he throw us the room key instead of giving us the key. NEVER ever stay in this hotel, no CCTV! Zero service.

Near the Metro.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Room is relatively small. Open plan dining area serves a perfunctory breakfast. Seek an upper room at the back to avoid the din of the local pubs. Undergoing maintenance so shrouded in scaffolding and tarpaulins at the back.

Great location and plenty going on in the immediate vicinity. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable bed with decent quality linen. Fair value for money.

NA

Fabulous location, metro outside. Room lovely, professional friendly staff. Great experience.

Room too small. Bed very uncomfortable

• Family Room

Small bathroom Bed mattress was uncomfortable Too hot no air conditioning

Size of room and location Beautiful windows

The room was very warm, had to sleep with the windows open.

Great location, very clean and friendly.

Rooms were roasting and very small

Location was brilliant beds comfortable

I saw a pictures with big nice room, but in real life its too small. disappointed

Bed and pillow comfort Too hot in the room- temperature could not be adjusted

Location, staff

Rooms are tiny and need renovation.

Very polite, helpful stuff. Lovely breakfast. Perfect location in the city centre.

Nice hotel, very modern and comfortable rooms. Nice bathroom.

The staff were so helpful. The location is perfect. Bedding is lovely.

Very old and uncomfortable matresses, some mold in the bathroom

Location was very convenient and staff was friendly and helpful

Shower was a little worn, shower head kept sliding down. Room rate didn’t include breakfast.

Great location, friendly staff.

The road was very noisy!

Staff were very helpful

Room was tiny, constant banging of doors, shower ridiculously small.

The great room.

• Family Room

The air conditioner was not working properly and the room was warm.

Location was great, room was very clean and staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Small room

Close to metro station, nice and frendly staff

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Paper thin walls.

Location was great!

wifi is too weak to use

breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The shower had to be held because the holder was broken.

Rooms were clean, small but enough space, free wifi throughout hotel.

Size of rooms

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Room service was poor

The beds were so comfy

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Really excellent, room was warm, beds were comfortable and the metro just outside made getting around Paris really easy.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

There was no coffee or tea in room

Location was perfect right in front of a station ,the room was a great size with a balcony and bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

The shower was weak

Staff was very kind and polite.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Amazing hotel, centrally located with great staff & comfortable beds!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Nope.

Neat and clean. Friendly staffs. Close to everywhere.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Convenient location, nice room, clean bathroom

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

stupid staff

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Room perfect for two people and location ideal for someone who hasn't been to the city before metro station right outside

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Bed very spacious!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Premium Room

Rooms were so hot. No air con isn't acceptable for the price.

Location. Close to bars. Not good if you expect a quiet night though.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

The room was far to warm for comfort . Scaffolding immediately outside the bedroom window so very unrelaxed about opening a window ! Didn't sleep for the three nights we were there . Otherwise a very clean but very small room.

D

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

We made a reservation however, when we got there, they did not have a reservation, that was upsetting, but the front staff made it work out OK

The staff we're very nice and very accommodating

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Paris Opera managed by Melia traveller photo gallery