View vacation packages to

5. Reviews of Hotel Paris Opera managed by Melia

Reviews of Hotel Paris Opera managed by Melia

3 Boulevard Montmartre, 2nd arr., 75002 Paris, France

#1111 of 1,601 hotels in Paris

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: April 30, 2019

Waste of money. No recommended at all .

I have never experienced a deceptive accomadations like that,and I am not a big hotel snob. it is a 2 Stars hotel does not deceive anyone as a 4-Star hotel in the future.The rooms are tiny, dirty, and loud, and the bathrooms were unclean. If your only concern spending as little as possible for a spot to lay down, then this place is for you. If you want to sleep well or hang out in your room, look elsewhere. This should not really be called a "hotel" Safety box did not work They brought one later ( See attached pictures) The worst thing is that I complained to the front desk about the size of rooms and they not like the seam in in site, he said: "Yes, we know that." Well, then, why you never did anything and still advertise it as a nice hotel on the website! I think it should be correct information so that others won't be misled in the future! i trusted Booking but this was a very painful staying. Please do not recommend of the hotel to people for them to stay.

I only liked the location of the hotel. Awful stay!!!! Never again

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

Initial good impression but let down

Air con did not work yet was very noisy with water running through the system, so it was very hot! The room itself was noisy from both outside noise and doors banging despite being allocated a quiet room.

Good location and room was clean

• Reviewed: April 23, 2019

It's obviously no 4 star hotel, Expensive for what it IS .

It is a very Old building converted into a hotel. I didn’t like this hotel. Hallways are narrow the rooms are very, very small. They are not rooms for humans. Confusing layout. I had been given a smaller room, then I booked. I Contact the Manager! Demand the he Owner to Place Me in Another Room. He Didn’t Want to But After A Few Emails Was Exchanged and calls of great the customer service of booking site, he Finally Place Me in Right Room. At check out the receptionist made mistakes and He made me pay for city tax for two persons while I was one person and informed me then I sent a claim to the hotel manager and did not get the reply so far. I will never recommend anyone nor I will ever stay there. The most horrible motel experience ever!! Well, not a place I would stay unless I had to, not the worst and not the best in that area. But never stay at that hotel again; IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!!!

Close to the Metro and easy to get to and from work.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2019

Great location, room quite small

The room is a lot smaller than it looks in the pictures. The shower cubicle was very small, it was hard to get in and out of it.

The location of the hotel is great and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Short and sweet

The 1st room we were given smelt strong of mould/ damp, when we went to the reception they told us it smells because they are having works done in that area of the building. However they were happy to move us to a different room that did not smell bad at all.

The location is perfect

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

There system refused my credit card, so they asked me to pay...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There system refused my credit card, so they asked me to pay something upfront. I paid 200€ with bank transfer an week before the apointment and on the day of our arrival they pressure me to pay the Full amount, because the manager was not there so they could not subtract my 200€. They told me that "tomorow" will the manger be in the office and will pay me back. So that day (tomorow) the manager was not there, then they said on 1 Januari 2019 the will pay me when i check out. But on that day the manager gave me an paper with what i should receive back and he was going to pay it instantly. after 4 days nothing, i call the hotel and they said ok we will do it right now, after 4 days again nothing. I called and they said they will leave an message to the manager. and again nothing, i keep calling and they keep promising. but they never keep there promise. I hop that booking will look into this and fix my problem. Thank you

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Big bed, big room, helpful staff on arrival, location

Check out was unorganised and took a long time. The staff were unable to tally up the payment. We were locked out of our room at one point as staff had mistakenly tried to make a payment from a credit card being used to secure the room. The breakfast room is inadequate for a hotel of its size and breakfast is very overpriced.

Big bed, big room, helpful staff on arrival, location

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

Standard Parisian sized hotel rooms and bathroom. If you get rooms at stairs, you hear slamming of doors. Too many doors at the stairs... they might consider removing it. Not enough pillows. No complimentary water, no hot water flask but you can ask for hot water. Rooms are cleaned even with “No disturb” sign on door handle (please keep valuables well).

Location. Directly above Metro line 8,9 - Grands Boulevards. Clean rooms and heater working well. Off heater and open windows for cool air if you stay for winter. Near a lot of restaurants and a few stores - home, arcade, mini toy shopping arcade. Walking distance to Opera, Printemps, Lafayette - 15 mins. For me, this location is easy to get to Opera for Roissybus to CDG airport. Grands Boulevards is also accessible to Gare Montparnasse via metro. Staff are friendly and helpful till last moment while we are at hotel. Cosy reception area where there is a lot of seats.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

I needed to live the hotel early the next day. Too early to have breakfast at the hotel. The staff refused to give me the money of the breakfast back (19 Euros), based on the fact that I made the reservation originally with breakfast included. This is not acceptable, in particular when the price altogether exceeds 200 Euros for one night. This is the first and last time that I stay at this hotel, what is regrettable since I stay quite often in Paris

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

OVERALL, MOST PLEASANT, WITH EXCELLENT FOOD, WINE & INTERNET ACCESS!
    • Premium Room

LIFTS COULD BE ROOMIER ESPECIALLY FOR WHEELCHAIRS & PEOPLE ON MEDICAL GURNEYS.

THE STAFF WERE MOST HELPFUL IN ALL RESPECTS, ESPECIALLY WITH ME IN MY WHEELCHAIR & THE FEW STAIRWAYS THAT MUST BE NEGOTIATED!

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

The staff and service is SUPERB and they do clean...
    • Family Room

The bunk bed was broken and squeaked, the baseboards in the bathroom fell off and the tiles and furunifure had major chips in them. Small repairs that would’ve really elevated the experience. There was also ZERO space for clothes - one closet! No drawers! And thankfully I requested a family room otherwise our luggage wouldn’t even have fit in the room

The staff and service is SUPERB and they do clean wonderfully each and every day

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Great value for the size of the room and great location

The air conditioning plumbing made a gurgling sound all night. We ended up sleeping fine anyway and didn't tell the hotel but it was a little nuisance.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Decent but not worth the price.

My room was WAY smaller than I thought it'd be. My mom paid the same price for a room down the hall, same room type, and hers was about double the size. The shower was tiny and I literally couldn't lean down to wash my legs, I had to get out of the shower, turn, and get back in. There was a LOT of noise. My room was right next to a fire door that creeped and slammed shut every time someone walked by, and because it was by the elevators it slammed shut very often. I could hear it very loudly from my bed. There were also a lot of loud children playing in the halls and running back and forth all day and night. The elevators are very small and you often had to wait several minutes for one to free up. It was an okay experience but considering how expensive the room was, I feel very disappointed with the quality. If I pay $500+ a night I expect a nice stay.

The room was fairly clean and there were a lot of shops and restaurants near the hotel. The staff spoke English and were very helpful. There was a printer downstairs.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

This is a great location.

The street noise and the bar downstairs made it very difficult to sleep. Would be perfect if they could do something to decrease the noise.

This is a great location. Lots of great shops and restaurants within walking distance. Ten minutes from a hop on hop off bus stop.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Great location and nice place to stay

One of the two double rooms we had booked was small and a bit dated. Aircon was not adjustable. Compared to the second room which seemed more recently refurbished, larger with better bathroom facilities. Not enough difference to ask for a change though

Location was great - subway on the doorstep and walking distance to the Opera and Galleries Lafayette. Staff were great - really friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

We were 3 days and had no soap in the shower.

We were 3 days and had no soap in the shower. We hoped anyone would check it, but no one did. It can not be left to the complain or request of the guest. Very uncomfortable system with no phisical soap and a mixture or gel/shampoo which is for other type of hotel, not for a 4 star and for the prices charged. The passenger expects a better level in the bathrooms.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Location is great
    • Premium Room

Staff was not attentive and not helpful. First rule of housekeeping not to come in without knocking the door. But they did twice. I am 55 kg and shower not big enough to get in. I searched by myself and forced the reception to change room to have a normal shower. Air conditioning not working. Heater was not working room was cold. But room has balkony makes me relaxed.

Location is great

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

It was okay, could’ve been better.

The room that we got was not the same as the pictures. The room that we got was really small and cramped and we paid a lot of money for a standard double room. Also it was really hot as the radiators were on and there was no way to turn it off. The room listed that there was AC when we spoke to the front desk they said that the AC is only turned on in May, so our room was so stuffy and baking hot! Sleeping was horrible and we had to keep taking showers to cool down, even opening the window didn’t help because they kept us at the back.

The bed was comfortable and it was in a good location.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Nice to stay there

The room was small, and we could here doors openning and closing from other rooms

The location was excellent. Right outside was the metro station and lots of nice restaurants bars and stores Rooms are clean and well maintained

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Unsatisfied!
    • Fitness Room

We came in the hotel and they did not have our room available which was very strange. They said there was something wrong in their system. They gave me a downgrade room. I will never recommend this hotel. It has been one month ago and they have still reserved a certain amount on my creditcard. I had to call like 5 times to get my deposit back.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

In terms of location, the hotel is located very well with...

We checked in late due to a late flight, only to be given what I would describe as the unwanted room. It was tiny with a terrible view of the hotel service court. For a four star hotel, the bed was also small with minimal pillows (I had on the same trip stayed at hotels of 3 stars which had giant bends and excellent linen). The towels also all seemed to have blue or black stains on them, which made me question the cleanliness. The bathroom was also incredibly small. Considering that we thought this would be our spoil hotel, considering that it was the most expensive out of the hotels we had stayed throughout our trip, this was the least impressive one to be at. I just would not rate them a a four start hotel - an average 3 star at best.

In terms of location, the hotel is located very well with the entrance of the Metro just outside the hotel. Also, lots of places to find something to eat around the hotel. They do luggage storage if you are traveling later than your check out time. The reception is modern and clean.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Great location but price-wise I’ll search more options
    • Premium Room

Not much to complain except heating is centralized. After showering it becomes extremely hot since the heat pipes are also located within the bathroom.

Awesome location. Busy district, direct entry to the metro. There is a fridge and safety deposit, use both wisely while in Paris.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

A cleaner stole my money and the hotel never managed to give it back to me, not even contacted me.

A cleaner stole an amount of money from me that I had left inside my luggage while she was cleaning my room and I was absent. I instantly contacted the manager of the hotel who told me that he would fix the issue and now 4 days later he has not even contacted me. Disgraceful.

They initially put me in a smaller room than I had booked, and when I went down to the reception they instantly put me in the correct room that I had booked.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Good service (staff) but small room, with a bathroom that became risky because of lack of space

Space of the room and the bathroom conditions.

The room space was extremely small and the bathroom was so small that it became even risky or dangerous to move around.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Overall a good stay.
    • Family Room

I wish the rooms were a bit larger. We had a family room but with kids it is still tight space. The bunk beds for the 2 boys were a bit old and was concerned the ladder to the top bunk was not sturdy/safe, so son slept on the sofa instead. The glass top of the tables were chipped / broken potentially not safe for ththe children.

Breakfast was good for a small hotel. Staff was very friendly. Location was good.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Beautiful location, couldn’t ask for better hosts. Will defo visit Paris again, and the hotel

Nothing, everything was perfect

The breakfast in bed was nice, mini bar stocked every morning, a little expensive but worth it for the quality over all

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Could not recommend this hotel enough, the staff were fantastic & couldn't have been more helpful, lovely room & brilliant location. Will definitely be back

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Great location, great hospitality, good breakfast and very nice clean rooms!

Can be a bit noisy in the weekends on de street (honking cars and drunk people)

Location is everything in paris. Here, youre in the heart of it. I asked for another room, first room was nearby airco centre of building. No problem and got a real nice room with view on the street. Its clean, breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Great location and staff, terrible air-con.

The air-con was terrible. Went there in winter and the room felt like a sauna. We had to open the windows and even then the problem did not really improve. I cannot imagine going there in summer! Our room also had view on the central core of the building, which is dark and full of noisy air conditioning facilities. The noise was an issue because of the aforementioned need to open our windows at night.

The staff was excellent and very helpful, and the location idea right in the center of Paris and well connected to everything.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Location excellent, staff great at their job just the hotel facilities themselves let it down a bit.

No coffee or tea facilities, poor lighting in main room,no air conditioning and heat couldn't be turned off and and the Wi-Fi password up in arrival didn't work at all for the duration of the trip.

Staff were lovely and extremely helpful when questions were asked about late check out,holding bags and how to get to airport etc no issues at all

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

Hot, sleepless and hungry

The hotel was hot and rooms very noisy at night due to location. More importantly, this was booked via booking.com on the basis of breakfast included. However this was not the arrangement made by booking,com with the hotel (which was breakfast payable as an extra). Cost of breakfast increased the room price by 50% taking value from "good" to "avoid". This is a booking.com scam - it has now happened to me twice now in two months (the first time I assumed it was a one-off mistake). If anyone books via booking.com (and I recommend you don't) them make 100% sure you take screen shots of each screen during the booking process so you have proof of what you booked - booking,com will otherwise deny all knowledge.

Staff very helpful. Hotel modern and comfortable rooms (except for heat and noise, see below).

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Well priced for location, clean and comfortable

Pillows weren’t that comfortable and room was quite warm (could open window though).

Great location, reasonably priced, very clean, friendly staff and room was quiet with good blinds.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Waste of money and sleepless night

Horrible stay. Was a bad decision to book it this time from booking.com; checked-in to sleep ONLY but Too much noise from outside couldn't sleep the night (even for 30 min) No kettle in the room ;Elevator not suitable if you have a bag and do not book if you are with a baby. Its not 4 star hotel; more like a 2 star - waste of money better sleep in B&B than booking here

Front desk officer was very friendly and did his best to make our stay good in this awful property

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Cheap and workable

I kept getting woken by some garbage dumpster outside my room. Room and bathroom were absolutely tiny. Only a couple feet larger than the twin bed. No toilet brush

Safe, secure and cheap for the location

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

It was ok, thanks to a friendly menager

The double room from photos supossed to be 20 sq. meters, but actual size is 14/16/18 sq. meters. I had to pay extra to upgrade to a bigger room

Room was big, bright and quiet

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Comfortable stay in EXCELLENT location

There was really no room to open my suitcase, a 24 inch roller. Only space between wall and bed wasn't quite wide enough. But it was ok. The toilet was poorly placed, with a column blocking part of the front. Might've just been my room.

Large room for Paris. Very clean and modern. Best thing, it has a minibar to keep drinks cold (somewhat hard to find in Paris). Shower very nice, large comfortable bed, very clean and safe. EXCELLENT location. Right on major intersection packed with shops and restaurants, with metro directly in front of hotel. Can walk to Louvre, Chatelet, Notre Dame in about 15-20 mins.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

They charged me before the stay (even though 'no pre-payment needed' was selected. Then charged me again at check out, meaning i had the amount out of my account twice. This meant i had to sacrifice lunch and activities on the last day in Paris so i had enough money to get home! Also, no air conditioning in room!

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

A wonderful and practical stay in Paris!

Renovations are ongoing again... so expect a grander look... but the LIFT however fits 3 people only! Hey, there is a LIFT!! and that is a plus in Paris.

Location is key! Literally in front of the Metro Line 8 exit. Plus, the taxi stand is right in front of the hotel. Trocadero, Louvre and basically everything is EASILY reachable via BUS or Metro.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2019

Very good and friendly

Very good and friendly

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Very good

Nothing, all was great!

Location is excellent. Very specious and comfortable room. We will come back for sure!

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Good quality, modern and comfortable, but expensive.

Nothing could have been improved but it was expensive for the size of room.

The bed was extra comfy and the breakfast was very good indeed

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

The facilities are really poor not worth the price but...

The facilities are really poor not worth the price but anyway the location is good and staff are nice.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Excellent staff and location, room was smaller than in pictures but it's okay.

Small rooms

Great Hotel

Street Noise?

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Great staff, very friendly and cooperative.
    • Family Room

Great staff, very friendly and cooperative. Nice location. Clean and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Hotel exceeded expectations.

NA

Fabulous location, metro outside. Room lovely, professional friendly staff. Great experience.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Room too small. Bed very uncomfortable

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Size of room and location
    • Family Room

Small bathroom Bed mattress was uncomfortable Too hot no air conditioning

Size of room and location Beautiful windows

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Great location, very clean and friendly.

The room was very warm, had to sleep with the windows open.

Great location, very clean and friendly.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Rooms were roasting and very small

Rooms were roasting and very small

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Excellent location and comfortable stay

Location was brilliant beds comfortable

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

I saw a pictures with big nice room, but in real life its too small. disappointed

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Good hotel and great location. A bit pricey for what’s on offer but all in all good

Bed and pillow comfort Too hot in the room- temperature could not be adjusted

Location, staff

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

Will work for few nights stay for the business purpose, won't go there for the leisure time.

Rooms are tiny and need renovation.

Very polite, helpful stuff. Lovely breakfast. Perfect location in the city centre.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

A short city break, very nice hotel room conveniently located for our Paris exploration.

Nice hotel, very modern and comfortable rooms. Nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

We will most certainly be back. :)

The staff were so helpful. The location is perfect. Bedding is lovely.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Good place to crash, convenient location but more a 2 or 3 stars feel

Very old and uncomfortable matresses, some mold in the bathroom

Location was very convenient and staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Great location, friendly staff.

Shower was a little worn, shower head kept sliding down. Room rate didn’t include breakfast.

Great location, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Staff were very helpful

The road was very noisy!

Staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Overpriced for what we received

Room was tiny, constant banging of doors, shower ridiculously small.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Big room to acomodate children

The great room.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Great location!
    • Family Room

The air conditioner was not working properly and the room was warm.

Location was great, room was very clean and staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2016

D

The room was far to warm for comfort . Scaffolding immediately outside the bedroom window so very unrelaxed about opening a window ! Didn't sleep for the three nights we were there . Otherwise a very clean but very small room.

D

• Reviewed: April 6, 2016

The staff we're very nice and very accommodating

We made a reservation however, when we got there, they did not have a reservation, that was upsetting, but the front staff made it work out OK

The staff we're very nice and very accommodating

• Reviewed: March 25, 2016

Excellent location.

Regular construction and drilling noise. Before heading had called the hotel to arrange for a airport transfer, who insisted on an email, but never ever responded back.

Excellent location. Staff helpful. clean.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2016

The location was amazing, right in the centre of Paris,...

The only bad thing was the rooms are a lot smaller than the pictures on here, there was no balcony and believe me the rooms are boiling hot .

The location was amazing, right in the centre of Paris, close to shops, bars, Eiffel Tower is 5-10 mins away . The staff were amazing , they made sure we had a great stay and really helped with planning our night out (VIP Paris) it was a restaurant/nightclub and we had the best night.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2016

Very friendly, accommodating and professional staff.

The room was too hot - on a positive note you could open the windows, so that helped. Value for money .. I wouldn't really consider this a 4-star and the room was very small, but then again this is Paris, so get used to it ..

Very friendly, accommodating and professional staff. The room was perfectly clean. Top location in the heart of Paris. Basic mini-bar, breakfast included and did the job.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2016

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was very hot.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location with a metro just outside the hotel. Breakfast was fresh and very nice.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2016

Staff were very hospitable and helpful.

Staff were very hospitable and helpful. The room was neat and comfortable. Good location - many of the major attractions were within walking distance.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2016

Location was perfect, hotel was clean and staff very friendly

The hotel was so hot, all the heating was on all the time (probably expecting colder weather) but when I asked about the aircon, I was told it didn't work.

Location was perfect, hotel was clean and staff very friendly

• Reviewed: January 12, 2016

The hotel was so perfect for our family trip.

One small issue but not the hotels fault but there was construction going on next door which made a lie in impossible it was loud but again it started after 10am so not to big of a problem

The hotel was so perfect for our family trip. We booked two rooms one with bunk beds and the space was more than we expected for Paris. The staff were always so helpful and the location was so close to everything. Having the metro right out front also meant if we had a long day out grandma could take the metro back, Perfect!

• Reviewed: December 24, 2015

The hotel's greatest asset is its Super staff!

Can't really think of something that bothered me.

The hotel's greatest asset is its Super staff!!! Their tips to my night out were right on the money and helped me make the most out of my 1 day stay in Paris!

• Reviewed: December 11, 2015

Situated in a great location

Situated in a great location Super close to the metro Friendly and helpful staff Exceptionally clean modern rooms The perfect place to stay if you're on a budget in central Paris!

There are also 48 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match