Reviews of Club Vacanciel Guéthary 3 stars

680 Chemin du Trinquet, 64210 Guéthary, France

#7 of 8 hotels in Guéthary

Great location, great for families and sporty types!
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

The bar was only open certain hours and you couldn't get coffee in the morning without doing the whole breakfast thing. That said, we did end up buying things to cook and the little kitchenette was well appointed with cookware, etc. The internet could only be used in the lobby which was a hassle.

Wasn't sure exactly what to expect when we booked this. Overall, it was a decent- no frills place to stay. A close to the beach to the beach which was beautiful and even had a great food truck for wine, oysters and snacks. The accommodations were adequate; not great for "just hanging" in the room but honestly why would you when you are somewhere so beautiful. Within walking distance to Guethary, which was ADORABLE! Front desk was helpful, the bar was eh, we didn't eat in the restaurant, but it had a great view. We thought it would be a PERFECT place for families with young children (0-10 years)- sort of an "all inclusive" party atmosphere but in a low key way.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Quiet short break

Hot food selection could have been a bit more appetizing

Quiet location , ideal for families and people with cars, staff so helpful, reception couldn't have been more helpful and a huge asset having an English interim to help

Lack of cleaning of the apartment No change of towels or bed linen in 7 days No telephone in the room

Breakfast, entertainment, bar

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

It is very hard to say what you like when you don´t feel...

Due to unexpected, I arrived later to the property then they were open, after 9pm. During the day I called several times to the number indicated at my reservation/confirmation email, in order to inform the "hotel". No response. I wished to let them know I would be arriving later than planned (that happen when you have 6+ hours trip, and hotels are usually prepared), and wanted to learn what is the process for late arrivals (note, late after 9pm). It was not possible. The recorded message when calling was only in french, and luckily my friends helped understanding it. There was an emergency number to call after 9pm, however exclusively from France. Friends have done this also for me, but the number was out of service. ?!?! So simply not possible for clients to do anything. Finally, after we have arrived, the 3 of us have checked the reception. There is no emergency door bell, no information, no anything. I needed to organize an extra place to sleep for that night. The following day, the reception insisted that they have had put an information for myself, but what should I comment on this: obviously neither I nor my friends could see it, it was not at the door or anywhere close/visible. Also, I have given my mobile number to the property, and if they have made themselves unreachable it would have been a correct behavior to try to reach me at my phone. The worst of all is, that after explaining the situation they were NOT friendly, NOT interested in explaining anything at all, NOT service oriented, and simply said go the Booking.com they shell reimburse you, you are their customer. Well. Welcome to the service in the 21st century - not. I do insist to get that 1st night reimbursed, because you can imagine, how the hotel treated me after that 1st day arrival disagreement. I was not comfortable in any possible way during the next 3 days of my stay. However, i do believe Booking.

It is very hard to say what you like when you don´t feel welcome in the place you book for your holiday. There is only one person who was competitive and very friendly, and she was not part of the staff.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2015

the people of basque origin -serious, hard working people,...

nothing important, maybe just the exterior needs some fresh paint...someday.

the people of basque origin -serious, hard working people, strong good characters And wonderful sights everywhere you turn The room is large, comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Calm and quiet

All good.

Calm and quiet

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.