Reviews of Apartments Paris Centre - At Home Hotel

236, rue Saint Martin, 3rd arr., 75003 Paris, France

#614 of 1,454 vacation rentals in Paris

Based on 672 apartment reviews

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

I hope that I can return.
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

I can not think of anything that I did not like.

The place and location was great. The unit was within two blocks of a subway station, therefore getting around was easy. The area was safe. The place exceed our expectations.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Avoid this place at all costs!!!
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

- Pictures on the website is not what the property looks like at all. - Location given is not the true location of the property, it is only their office location. There's another 10 mins walk from the office to the property. - We asked for baby cot and they said it is available at 19Euros per night. Before we arrive, I asked about the baby cot again, then they said it is not available anymore since I asked too late. My baby had to sleep on the sofa bed with me and she fell off the bed crying middle of the night. The next morning when we told them that we would like to cancel the following two nights', and ask how they would normally deal with this, they manager replied with cold words 'you can just leave any time, since you've paid the accomodation in full already'. - There are biscuit crumbs in between the dishes. - Overcharged security deposit @500Euros, we only booked three nights. It took them almost 3 weeks to return the deposit back to us. We had to contact Booking.com customer service to get our money back at the end. - Very hot inside the property even when the outside is nice and cool. - Unfriendly staff and very unhelpful.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Paris apartment
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

The bed was hard...the photos of apartments did not match the apartment we had! There was one small kitchen area picture & the rest must have been of other apartments! A makeshift shower & mini sink were in the bedroom behind a wooden screen! The place was far from the modern pictures on display on booking.com

Great location...agency staff great...the process of late check in was great!!!

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

will not rent again
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

pictures are very very far from reality (it is a joke), You know the real address only 2 hours before check in (yes really). Had to go pick up the keys one station away from actual apartment. communication terrible.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Great!
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

Clearing process on weekends: E-mail from "Apartments Paris Centre - At Home Hotel" only half a day in advance is absolutely too late! Resulting additional payment of EUR 89 for "personal check-in" - what cheek!

Great Apartment! Great City!

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

The accommodation spoiled my visit to Paris
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

Bad neighborhood. Shabby apartment. As I came on Sunday, I had to (!?!) pay the visit to agency next day to sign the contract. I had to pay the security deposit for apartment (not mentioned in the advert) of extra 500€, even though the accommodation was fully prepaid. It took 2 weeks before the agency returned money. No hairdryer in the apartment, toilette paper only for 1 night. Stairways to apartment (IV floor) from horror movies. etc. etc...

Metro station was proxy, as well as a few grocery shops.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

The worst stay booked from booking.com
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

The apartment was situated in a completely different place than showned on the map in booking.com. Much north side nearby the gare de l'est where you can find a much better hotel for the same price. Furthermore, the pictures on booking.com are completely different from the real apartment. Old furniture and the tv was not working. You are also requested to remove and fold the sheet from the bed.

Apartment was not on street side therefore the sourrounding was quiet and calm.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

great location, but apartment not what was shown on website.
    • Executive Studio

The apartment is tiny - it says it is for four people but it's actually only suitable for two people who just use it for sleeping and don't mind climbing a really steep creaky ladder to go up and down to bed.

Great location Clean

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Great stay
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

We were early, so left the bagagge at the reception and spent the day touristing - to find out at 5.45 by a call (many thanks) that the reception would close ar 18.00. while this was no problem for the keys, it was for the bags. So we had to head back as quick as possible, not easy in crowded Paris. Luckily, the very friendly receptioneer postponed his work finish till we arrived. Thank you, make sure that your clients are aware of this 200pct, Paris is so fun and time runs. Thank you, great stay anyway!

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

The location is great. We recommend this place.
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

We didn't like that we had to use old fashioned spiral staircase. It was a challenge to get on the top floor. Especially with our luggage. The apartment had a little smell of dampness. I think it was because of age of the building.

The host was really helpful and nice. The apartment's location is great. It has a good kitchen and a frige.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Dissapointing experience
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

Quite complicated check-in. Pick-up in a different place than appartment. Appartment was not what we expeted from the pictures. There is a mix of pictures from various appartments. The expendable sofa bed took all place in a living room and it was not possible to access the toilet without climbing on the bed and waking up those sleeping there. Toilet stinked. Overally quite dissapointing experience.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Only the location
    • 1 bedroom Superior Apartment - Up to 4 People

Was a bit dirty and wasn’t similar to those photos on the booking.com site , there were additional charges and deposit but hidden on the Booking.com and I felt like it’s not a welcoming place at all ; no one even bothered to deliver keys when all other apartments does and in fact had to go to the office again on the leaving day . I suggest don’t pick this place ; won’t be a good idea to do so .

Only the location

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Cozy and convenient, good value for money
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

Noise from works in the building Didn't receive any response to my emails, although it was the advised means of communication. There was no big issue, just an inquiry about a hairdryer that I finally found, but would have been good to receive an answer.

Location. Excellent welcoming by Lucie.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

We like to comfort, the easy running of the appartment and...
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

Some electrical wall prise (plugs) need some reparation

We like to comfort, the easy running of the appartment and the location and would stay there again

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

• Executive Studio

- Process with agency. - No communication out of office hours. - Could not see the Apartment pics in the web. - 1st Apartment was booked for 3 people - and was prepared by agency for 2 persons only - Double bed was a folded temporary bed (In first apartment witch we changed). - Old sunken mattress. - 500 euro deposit taken by agency (Refund after 7 days).

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Large apartment, good for group. Good location. Such a shame my 700 euro bond has not been returned.
    • Loft

Still haven’t got my 700 Euro bond back after a whole month!!! Even though we left the apartment immaculate and were sent an e mail saying thank you for leaving so clean and tidy and our bond had been transferred back to my account. Worst part is they just don’t reply to my e mails about it. Am hopi g it will show up soon and I can come back here with better comments!

Nice apartment, great location.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Comfortable apartment
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

The deposit system caught us off guard with a €500 euro bond which did take longer to get refunded than expected.

Central to the northern area of Paris and the Gare Du Nord station. Comfortable apartment with a washing machine as well as a basic kitchen.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Had a lovely time because of the location of the appartment and what it offered.
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

Very blunt sharp knife. No coffee filters for coffee machine. I ended up buying the wrong size. No sugar - I had to buy large quantity sugar which I left there for next person. No where to leave luggage after check out for a few hours - though this isn't offered in many places but should be a consideration.

Kitchen with toaster kettle coffee machine and all you need to be self sufficient, location, space, vibe.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Disappointing.
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

First property we were given had a broken bed. It wasn't the best start to our holiday and the process of getting a new apartment meant we missed dinner plans. The Apartment hasn't been checked before we were allocated it. The new apartment we were given was bigger, had an unbroken bed but the level of cleanliness was poor with basic things like the wardrobe being broken so we couldn't hang our clothes any where and the heavy glass on the top of the dining table was not attached to the frame so it was dangerous. We travel to Paris twice a year and this is the worse standard of accommodation we have experienced. The guidelines provided by the company were very strict about check out time. On our last day we vacated the apartment needing to leave our bags to make the most of our last day. The office was closed and we had to wait until 10am to leave our bags which was a massive inconvenience. The staff were friendly enough but it wasn't them staying in disappointing accommodation for 4 days.

Location of the property was good, inside a residential building.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Nice bed with fluffy bedding and very well- equipped kitchen!
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

Ran out of toilet paper almost immediately (should stock extra toilet paper and paper towels for guests) Shower head is very hot and may easily burn you, if touched. Be careful. It was a little misleading that reception desk was not the actual property. We had to unexpectedly drag our luggage another 15 minutes to our property. I think these expectations should be made clearer when booking.

Nice bed with fluffy bedding and very well- equipped kitchen! Very quiet and safe location and walking distance from many bars.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

It is expensive regarding facilities, The same Price for 2...
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

It is expensive regarding facilities, The same Price for 2 double Rooms in 3-4 Stars Hotel with a great difference, Apartment in 3rd floor, Stairs very difficult for young children, no Lift. The Sleeping Couch is uncomfortable, Not suitable for Family with Children

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Disasterous
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

This was the worst experience we have had with Bookings,com and we have used this service for years, up to 30 hotels. Upon arrival we discovered the apartment was up 2 flights of stairs with no lift, so we asked to change. We were shown pictures of another apartment that was supposedly on the ground floor - it was up a steep spiral staircase which was unsafe - the apartment was nothing like the pictures we were shown and the aparment windows could not lock leaving the unit unsecured - we had to leave but they wouldn't return our payment - so we paid for accomodation we couldn't use.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

I booked 2 apartments.

The check in time is at 1400, we arrived at 1300 tried to get the room earlier, but they said the apartment I book is the big one (for 11pax), which they are not ready until 1600. So Me and my whole family have to wait 2 hours . The 4pax apartment was located at third floor . Very small stair with no lift. So difficult to take the baggages to the third floor. And no hot water during our stay, we have to use cold water for shower. I did asked the host to fix it, but nothing happen in the end.

I booked 2 apartments. One is for 11pax, another one is for 4pax. The 11pax apartment was great , comfort like home.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Very bad experience in a good location of Paris
    • 1 bedroom Superior Apartment - Up to 4 People

1. Toilet fan doesn't work so we suffered bad smell all time. We request staff for repair, but nothing happened! 2. Cleanness 3. Price 4. no air condition

just good location

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

• Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

Was really hard to understand from the post what apt we're gonna get. At the end, we didn't need more than that and we had a great vacation, but the apt is a bit expensive in my opinion for its size and apearamce

Great location. Smell of the bakeries in the motioning

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

The staff was great.
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

The staff was great. Mr. Geoffrey helped us with alot of things! A great hardworking fella!! Location was just amazing, the rooms were very clean. I'd definitely visit there again

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Great location, great facility
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

Our room was facing the the street, and prolly because it was summer, we could hear people, cars, etc buzzing even after 9 pm.

Great location, great facility

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

BAD
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

Apartment doesn't have the square feet offered. Microwave and coffee machine out of order and fridge leaking. Huge smell of chlorine when we arrived in the apartment. Agency remitting the keys really disagreeable

1/3 of the apartment has less than 1.8 m height. Microwave and coffee machine not working. Not really 2 bedrooms Agency giving the keys unprofessional (Lucie and Julio)

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

If you want to book, think a lot and open your eyes
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

If you would like to book through your bank card there is no longer any possibility for the cancellation unless you pay a big portion of the money. Do not pay attention to the photos shown in the booking website; when we entered the flat it was far away from our expectation. The stairs of the house were so shallow and if you have a big luggage it would put you in a trouble. If you send email to them there might be no respond !!! You have to pay a security deposit even if you want to stay for a short term trip. we paid 500 Euro. The day before departure they asked us to come to their agency and sign a long contract which was in French language. I was rather afraid of signing the contract papers and didn't feel well. I started to criticize them why the flat was not similar to what you have shown in booking, they told me you should have chosen different categories, and the pictures are related to other categories of our flats. The procedure to collect the keys and signing the contract was time consuming. They told us the deposit will be returned back to our account after 1 week at most, but it was back in my account after 8 days. I asked them for an extra role of tissue in the bathroom they told me that it is not our business we have already put one for you. Only a few hours before my arrival to the apartment when I was in the bus from Amsterdam to Paris they called me you have to pay the whole amount just now otherwise we have to send a guy from our agency to your flat to pay him by cash and you will be fined by 20 euro !!! thank you so much for your welcoming drink Sir!!!

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

For the fit and healthy
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

Walking up four flights of stairs with heavy suitcases after travelling 22 hours from australia. And no help! The stress of having to pick up the keys from the agent and grumpy Taxi driver... Not a good start to a trip The appartment could do with a fan in each room gets very hot and very noisy when windows are open.... Would have preferred to have been met at the accomodation

The bed was comfortable, away from tourist crowd....

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Not recommended for big family (more than 4 people), family with children and seniors

1. Placement for big group of family: although booking.com mentioned that the apartment will be in different districts but when one person did the booking for 3 apartments, I assumed all family members are placed in the same building. Unfortunately, three families were placed in three different buildings and the locations are not closed to each other. 2. No elevator and we were all placed in 3rd floor. My mother, 70 y.o. was having difficulties in reaching the apartment. 3. Facility: we did not find shampoo, liquid soap, laundry soap, table tissue in the apartment. Tissue rolls are also very limited for 4 nights & 4 people in one apartment. Electricity usage is also limited. With the price per night similar to 3 star hotel, the value for money is low, except for the kitchen facility.

The room design is ok to occupy 4 persons per apartment

• Reviewed: July 1, 2017

Great place to stay.
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

Nothing to complain about.

Fabulous apartment in central Marais. Stylish, with everything you need for living the good life in Paris. Very helpful staff, willing to help and assist with the little things and the big things. Quiet location.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

Agency, not a hotel appartments
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

It is an agency that rents various apartments in various Paris districts, the name "At Home Hotel" is misleading, the hotel is not. According to the pictures and map it seemed to be flats in one house, which is in a series of photos. This house is just the agency where you pick up the keys. Also on the map of the apartments there is only the address of the agency, not the apartments where you live. On booking.com it is written (very down the page) that the apartments are in different districts - I did not notice it and when I picked up the keys I was waiting for an unpleasant surprise. I ordered 2 apartments, I thought they were in the same building. The pictures at the booking.com did not show the apartments we finally got. (The agency worker found us at least 300m apart apartments in the same street.) Attention - the price stated is not the final price, you pay extra fees - € 19 Cleaning fee per stay, € 5 fee per person per night, € 0.83 City tax per person per night (we payed instead € 454.44 for 4 people and 2 Apartments € 512,40). At the agency, you will get a contract and various warnings to sign but you will not receive a copy. The contract is written on 4 pages in small font in French and even smaller and gray in English - practically unreadable. Everything takes place quickly without having enough time to read. When I photographed the documents at least by mobile, the employee commented it with steady sighs "oh, my god" and pointed out that this is a common practice. I felt very uncomfortable, I was told that I was unnecessarily delayed. It is good to know that if you do not clear yourself perfectly, you will be charged a "fine" of € 28 per hour of cleaning work. Or you can decide in advance to pay € 34 for cleaning + € 10 for each bedroom. Yes, it's under conditions in the email below... The appartments were small, simple but sufficient. Apartments are clean. Some lights did not work. Wifi was OK.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

A $1,000 mistake.
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

The apartment was nothing like any of the pictures on their website. The "seating area" was a plastic patio table between the bed & the sofa bed. The floor tiles were broken and several were loose & sticking up making the walking surface uneven. In addition, it was located upstairs from a bar yet the paperwork we received asked us to be considerate of the amount of noise we made. I sent a message to the management group asking for another room when we arrived on Saturday & they said they would get back to me on Monday. I never heard back. As a result of all of this I went online and found a completely different management company to rent a flat from. We moved to the new flat on Tuesday & I took the financial loss. I'm now concerned, given the experience thus far with the company, that I will have trouble getting my $500 deposit back.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

Nice location, bad conditions
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

The hot water was absent. The apartment is tiny and not perfectly clean. A lot of bureaucracy and papers to fill.

The Location is perfect. You could see Notre Dame from the window. And Georges Pompidou is just 3 mins away.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2017

An unpleasant surprise
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

It's not a single hotel but a bunch of apartments across the city and there is no way of telling where will be yours Only one photo from all showed ours apartments, we were not expecting what we got Upon arrival we were forced to sign 5 pages long "legal" agreement and didn't even got our own copy Instead of a double-sized bed we selected, we got an old creaking coach There were no bedsheets in a room Toilet door was not closing Apartments were above gay pub and it was too loud at nights there

Was located close to city center and all city attractions Helpful and friendly staff Good price and kitchen

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

Not a really good choice
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

The sink was stuck so we were not able to clean the houshold and cook properly as we needed to clean all the dishes etc on the bathroom sink, I sent an email so they can fix it during our stay and we can keep cooking and clean everything before we leave as it was one of the condition they would give us the deposit back but they never answered my email and once we left the apartment the wrote me an email saying that we didn't followed the rules of the conditions of how we needed to leave the appartment but as a favor they refunded us the deposit...Location is good but I would choose another hotel/apartment to stay

• Reviewed: May 17, 2017

We had a few very minor issues.
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

We had a few very minor issues. A broken electric ic tea kettle and a door handle that fell off. The property manager did not respond by ohone or email and we eventually went back to the rental office as we needed to report so they could remedy. Once we did that they fixed.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2017

5 stars
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

Excellent location with a very reasonable price. Very easy to collect the keys and find the apartment by ourselves. The apartment was arranged very nice and had enough space for a family of 3.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2017

Great nights!
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

The television does not work during our stay and the water heater limitation usage is irritating. (It's not going to work after 2nd or 3rd person took bath, so u have to prepare to use the cold water if u are the 3rd or last person to take bath) I don't really like to climb up 3 level up&down with my luggages in a quite narrow stairs.

The facilities inclusive of washing machine, cuttlery, hair dryer and easy access to various groceries stores, cafes and Metro station.(Republique station). Very convinient check-in/out procedure. Very friendly and helpful agent.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Central and convenient stay
    • Executive Studio

Obtaining the keys was a little onerous as you have to pay rent and deposit by card in person (host did not respond to messages prior to arrival or was able to use the credit cards registered at Booking.com), so I suggest you allow 1-1.5 hours for this process. Checking out was comparatively easy.

The apartment was very central and given the operator rents out various properties you won't find photos of the specific property when booking online. The flat was very clean though some appliances (TV, fan in the bathroom) were not in working order.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

Dream flat in Paris
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

The apartment on Rue d'Argout is absolutely fantastic! Spacious, new with modern kitchen, clean, excellent location - next to rue Montorgueil. This is an apartment I wish I could live in Paris forever.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Nice and modern apartment at a great location in Paris
    • Executive Studio

The fact that the apparent was on the 4th floor. The washing machine had a very bad smell.

The location was great. We could walk everywhere. The apartment was modern with all the facilities we needed.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Very close to bus stops.

It says that the kitchen is fully equipped: IT IS A LIE!: No dishwasher, even no dish rack for drying, no table, no chairs (just two stalls with a tall "bar-like" table, not suitable for children, or for more than 2 people, even we have reserved for 3 people), no expresso machine. Some of the apartments don't have elevator, and they are in the forth floor. Be careful! Usually when renting an apartment you receive the key in front of the door, which you open with the proprietary, so he/she shows you the place (and in the case that there is something wrong): in this case, it is just an office in which you have to go, pick the key, and go search the apartment, by yourself. One of the apartments I took, was a single room of 15m2 approx, with a mezzanine to have the bed, which made the roof be as low as 1.80m (you will hit your head!), it was not a stair to go into the mezzanine, but a ladder!!!. Funny thing, none of the pictures for describing that are published in the web, corresponded on the apartment they gave me.

Very close to bus stops. Building surrounded by bars (of all the type of styles and preferences). Walking distance to Notre dame.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2017

Will recommend this property
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

The property is really clean and has no problem fitting 4 adults and 2 children comfortably. Location was perfect as it has a metro station just by the entrance of the apartment. Shops and restaurants are Aplenty nearby.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Never trust advertisements.
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

No help in case of emergency, especially after 5 PM. We couldn't have a comfortable sleep. We were wonder for the appartment address for an hour.I came back to the agency for help but they told we don't have staffs for these matters. It took us two hours to get the property. They also didn'pay back my 500 deposit after 6 days

• Reviewed: March 30, 2017

Don't stay here
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

Location is agency's location , apartment information is not clear (they put all apartments' photos together , so it's tricky & confused , you don't know which apartment you will have ( be careful of this ) . After I arrived the agency , they gave me an apartment which has a wired entrance , and there is a big hole on the ground , also holes on walls ( I paid nearly 100euro/per night ) . There is a bar downstairs , I can constantly smell food when I walked up , and the agency didn't want to refund me , they told me that owner didn't agree ! I was just a passenger in Paris, if agency and owner wanted to play with my time and limited resource , what could I do ? Plus , I booked a real bed , but I had a sofa bed. I just wish the agency and advertisement could be more accurate and honest , thank you .

Hair dryer

• Reviewed: March 23, 2017

1. Good location
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

1. So many regulations. So should be careful. 2. As you know check-in place and real accommodation is different. If your room is far from the company, you have to move by yourself with your heavy luggages 3. If you will stay on weekend,it will be pretty difficult to check in(or check out) 4. But still I would like to recommend here. Everything is depends on u. (Check the regulations of the room)

1. Good location 2. Prepared kitchen 3. Balcony 4. Cozy and clean 5. We stayed near to Centre Georges-Pompidou. We have a lift.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2017

• Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

There was a sofa bed not a double bed, which wasn't stipulated at booking. It wasn't uncomfortable and wasn't a problem but it would have been nice to have known up front. We didn't find out where to collect the keys until the day of travel, and on our final day we had to return to the office to sign a contract and return keys. We were had to be at the airport that morning and the office wasn't open at the time that was stated in the apartment. They did open up and check us out but didn't seem very happy to do so and we were made to feel like an inconvenience.

Location, cleanliness and facilities

• Reviewed: March 14, 2017

l'emplacement
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

-Picture sent non conform with reality. Photo envoyée ne correspondait pas a l'apartement. -Very noisy ( waken up at 5am every morning) -Tres bruyant (réveillé a 5AM) -Matress not confortable and springs very noisy Literie pas du tout confortable et ressorts tres bruyant

l'emplacement

• Reviewed: March 3, 2017

It was perfectly located, best value for money.
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

As this apartment is rented through an agency, be sure not to confuse the location of the agency with the location of the apartment you have rented. The agency is closed before 10:30, so you need to wait till that time to sign for any necessary papers. If you will arrive on a Friday night and leave early Monday morning, that could be an issue. If you are arriving late at night, be sure to check the regulations of taking the keys. You will need to pick up the keys from the agency & walk/drive to your apartment.

It was perfectly located, best value for money. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Mount Everest

The stairs 4 floors up and no lift

Liked the apartment but 84steps up for over 60s x3 was tough when arrived. Also lock on inside hall door did not work so had to wait for someone to go in and out as the office did not reply to messages and email so that was a pain everything else was great

• Reviewed: February 21, 2017

Perfect location to see the sites and feel very Parisian!!

Because we arrived out of check in hours we had to collect keys from office and then go back and sign documents the next day - bit of a faff!

The apartment was large and well located

• Reviewed: January 23, 2017

NICE FLAT, but NIGHTMARE CHECKIN PROCESS
    • Executive Studio

The checkin process was a nightmare. Our flight from the U.S. arrived at 7 a.m. on XMAS day. Since it was XMAS and a Sunday the business office was closed and we had to "self checkin". We had been advised that we could check in early around 10 a.m. The process was set up for us to go to one location to pick up the key, about 10 minutes away from the actual flat where we were staying. We arrived around 9 a.m. The instructions that we had been emailed were to go to a particular location, we were given the access code to get into the door. Then inside the vestibule were the building mailboxes along with a lock box that was to have an envelope in it with our name on it and the keys to our flat. We opened the lock box with the combination we were given and there were about 4 envelopes with names on them but none was for us. There was a note that said for those waiting for keys if you don't see your key here you have to come back at 2 p.m. which was normal checkin time. Since we were an hour earlier than had been discussed I though that they just hadn't put the key in the box yet. So we were with our luggage in the streets of Paris with freezing temperatures early on XMAS morning. We walked around trying to find a coffee shop or cafe to sit it in, but because it was Sunday and XMAS nothing was open. About 10 a.m we went back to the location hoping the key would now be in the box. It was not. Since there was no where to go we sat on the concrete floor of this cold vestibule trying to stay warm. We thought maybe they are running late. By this time it was the checkin time that we had arranged so I started calling the phone contacts that I had for rep I had been dealing with at the management company. I left messages but it would be a couple of hours before my calls were returned. Now we were beginning to think we were going to have to wait until 2 p.m. until we got the key.

The flat was large, charming and in a perfect location. It was a quintessential old French building at the end of a cobble stone pedestrian street (no cars). It was furnished with all of the amnesties needed for a weeks visit. The kitchen was very nice and had everything needed to prepare a meal at home. There was a little market just steps away . A major train station was a 5 minute walk. We only used the train to get to and from the airport ( CDG ) With exception to taking a cab to Galleries Lafayette we went everywhere by foot. The farthest was the Eiffel Tower. a charming walk about 40 minutes. Champs Elysees, Paris Wheel 30 minute walk. Other tourist attractions Norte Dame, Lourve, Pompidou Center, Latin Quarter all with 15-20 minute walk. 10 minutes to the river Seine. All of the walks were in beautiful charming areas with lots of shops and cafes. If you are looking for new, modern, luxurious accommodations this flat is not for you. I would definite stay here again.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2017

Great apartments, definetely recommend!!
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

Unfortunately the residents upstairs were a bit noisy. Especially early morning (7am on a weekend), but this is totally not the agent's fault. I'm sure we could have told the agents but we were there for a short stay so it didn't bother us that much. But be sure to inform your property agent if this happens to you.

The apartment was clean and had everything we needed. The couch and bed were really comfy and new. Location was very convenient and close to transport. We arrived on a Saturday hence the office was closed, but the emails we received from the property agents had all the info we needed to pick up the keys and arrive at the apartment. The property agents were polite, professional and well organised. Paris itself was amazing, but what made it even better was knowing after a long day of sight seeing, we could come back to an apartment that was warm, clean and comfortable. I'm definitely coming back to At Home Hotel when next in Paris. Money truly well spent.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2017

Well located -Generally good
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

Quiet from the street but noisy from neibghouring activities in building and/or adjacent building ( continued noise, banging and tools from artisan going on during day), could hear voices, music, etc from adjacent flats late at night. Apt services were good, pilllows ordinary. Never understands why apt not supplied with, salt, pepper, ...min req'd for cooking. Shower head and doors not closing well. Constant smell in bathroom.

Apartment was very clean, well located in an inner court. Quiet from the street. We liked the neighbourhood, the street a bit apart but close to everything. The sized of the flat was good, heating working well, bed confo.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2017

The company should stress more the fact that the location of...
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

The company should stress more the fact that the location of the apartment will be given to you when you arrive to the office. While searching for a place to stay on the Booking cite, We accidentally thought that the address of the office will be the address of our apartment. Turns out that the location of the apartment we got was just fine, but knowing the location in advance could be better.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2017

Really nice studio apartment, lovely location
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

Guests can't leave food (well preserved) or objects essential for the house (coffee filters, bin bags, toilet paper)

Really nice studio apartment, lovely location

• Reviewed: January 11, 2017

Very decent apartment for family with children located at an excellent and hip location of Paris!
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

The locks to the doors were quite loose (which made us anxious we'd be locked in if they'd fall off) & the doors were loud when shut that made us worry the neighbours would be complaining.

The location was excellent with the Hotel De Ville and Rambuteau Metros just down the road. A couple of bus stops are literally outside our door step. The beds were comfortable & heating was great. The kitchen/cooking facilities were also of good quality & sufficient.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2017

Pleasant stay in Paris and bad experience from the staff of
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

The cheated me on my refund. The toilet was not flushing when we moved in. I called 15mins after occupying the apartment and they responded that someone was coming to fix it but they never came same day. Just for them to come after 30hours the following day.and just adjusted the handle in 40secs. And when we went for refundable deposit,they deducted €40euro which they could not explain.they cheated us because they knew we were in a hurry to catch our flight back to Nigeria. So shameful after a wonderful and pleasant holiday in Paris.

Good place

• Reviewed: January 5, 2017

Nice location.
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

We arrived after 17h00. So we had to pick the keys in the office (in a box), than walk to the apartment and the next day to the office again, to sign the contract... Although the apartment was relatively close to the office location.

Nice location. Pretty, quite and clean.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2016

Not for family with large luggages
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

It has very very spiral narrow staircase making it very difficult for you to go up the flight of stairs with a large suitcases. You had to get into a door tunnel like. Not familiar with this kind of apartment. It's dangerous for family with little children to go up and down that stairs. It's nowhere central and tuck in a quiet street. *Not the same apartment as pic shown*

The apartment itself were well maintained, clean and spacious. Provided with full cooking facilities and comfortable bedding.

• Reviewed: December 25, 2016

Poor worst stay
    • 2 bedrooms comfort Apartment

The staff overchanged me for his waiting fees and he was not helpful at all. The staff did not give through explaination to us and simply throw us to find our way to the apartment. The apartment was so not as expected.flooring was squacky, water heater was not working well.the neighbour was noisy n shouting at 3am. Disturbing!! The office staff lack of instruction and they overcharged me

• Reviewed: December 14, 2016

The location was security were both great.
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

The WiFi was not working the 1st day, emailed the property still no response and the T.V. never worked. Not a huge deal but something that would have been nice. Would be nice to get a little more info. on tours, things to do or restaurants in the area.

The location was security were both great.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2016

Cosy and quiet in centre of Paris
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

Good location and a small well thought out layout in the studio apartment. It had a good feel to it and relaxing decor. The picture in the advert is generic, as there are several apartments, so bear this in mind when booking.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2016

Best location ever!
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

My main complaint is the apartment we got was not the one featured in the advertisement. It had one window with no view and up a narrow staircase which was difficult to navigate with luggage. Occasional smell of cigarette smoke from neighbours will trouble anyone who is hypersensitive.

Located right in the heart of Paris, close to 4 metro stations and restaurants/cafes/bars, fashionable shopping and tourist attractions. Reasonably priced and self-contained. Jeff who checked us in was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2016

Enjoyable holiday in Paris. Cosy Apartment! Fantastic Neighborhood and helpful staffs.
    • Executive Studio

I booked them hoping they would consider me paying the full amount in cash as I lost my credit card while I was traveling in Shanghai. I was very delighted they didn't cancel my booking knowing I would not have any credit card as guarantor. I was very relieved and less hassled! Their reception isn't 24 hours open and I arrived late from Copenhagen but still managed to pick up the keys for very reasonable fee. Staffs are very helpful and very very nice. I really really liked my cosy apartment, such a fantastic neighborhood, literally have everything I needed, just couple of steps away. Restaurants, shopping, pharmacy, everythinggggg you could ever think of is close by! Such a enjoyable holiday in Paris even. It wouldn't be possible without your help guys! I would like to thank you for being very helpful during my entire holiday. Definitely I would like to stay there if ever I come back to Paris again! Thank you!!!

• Reviewed: November 10, 2016

good place to stay on a budget
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

it is an agency with a number of apartments. We stayed in a quite small and old studio but tidy and nice. I think it is normal for that part of Paris; it is close to the office which you need to visit first to pay and get the keys. Location is great.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2016

Location excellent but the inconvenice of collecting keys & apartment details too much hassle!!!
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

When booking through booking.com We felt we were booking hotel like facilities. It was a great inconvenience trying to find the agency to collect our keys & then walk a further 7 mins to our apartment & then return again the following day to sign an agreement for the apartment. It's very exhausting after travelling since early that day to have to go through all of that & also to clean the apartment & take sheets off the beds & put our rubbish out considering we had to pay €29 cleaning fee when booking. Facilities such as the shower & hairdryer was mediocre. There was a lot of steps up to our apartment which we were not made aware of it, however, it was fine as we did not have any babies. I probably would not book this type of accommodation again possibly just a hotel.

Location was excellent

• Reviewed: October 31, 2016

Great, clean and spacious apartment in a very nice part of Paris. We would definitely recommend it.
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

The check - in process was a bit complicated as we needed to go to another apartment but the apartment was close by and it was not a big deal.

The apartment was exactly what we wanted as a family. Excellent neighbourhood with all amenties and great restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2016

It is an adventure
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

We (3 of us) arrived during the weekend. We were charged an extra service fee (around Euro 79) because we were on the road and could not pay the room charge by our credit card online. We booked a one-bedroom apartment but was given a studio in a very old building without lift. The stairs were decayed. The stairs area was very dark and narrow but lights were not working. It was very hard to see the stairs. We were very scared. We could not carry all our luggage at one time so our luggage fell down from the stairs. The door lock was very hard to open. We felt very sad and did not want to go back to the studio at all.

We were given extra large one-bedroom apartment with lift after I emailed them and stayed in the studio for two nights during the weekend. We like this apartment so much after we stayed in the previous studio with decayed stairs for two nights .

• Reviewed: October 17, 2016

If U want to visit Paris.
    • Cosy 1 bedroom Apartment - Up to 4 People

The building was to old and smell bad in the first floor.

The apartmen was confortable, u can see TV, Wifi and kitchen if you want to prare someting. The location is perfect to go out and know the places, is near to several important museums and is in exclusive zone. The customer service (Jeff & Alex) Thank you for all.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2016

In the center of paris, near metro, shoping center, not far...
    • Superior Studio (3 People)

Litter small than i think, the toilet and bathroom is in difference room

In the center of paris, near metro, shoping center, not far from china super market

• Reviewed: October 6, 2016

Excellent staff and a very good alround deal.
    • Cosy Studio - Up to 2 People

On taking possession of the studio there was an overwhelming smell of cleaning products, ie bleach, which lingered on a long time. Unfortunately the internet wifi contact fell out after the first evening - and as it was the weekend it could not be rectified.

Location was perfect as was the contact with the staff, notably Geoffrey.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2016

great time in Paris
    • 1 bedroom Superior Apartment - Up to 4 People

Nice bright apartment with lots of room. Easy to find our way around to metros, cafe's. Walking distance to Notra Dame which was our focal point. Jeff was really helpful giving us information and help when needed. .

Browse Apartments Paris Centre - At Home Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery