Reviews of Hôtel Barrière Le Westminster 4 stars

Avenue du Verger BP 22, 62520 Le Touquet-Paris-Plage, France

#2 of 17 hotels in Le Touquet-Paris-Plage

• Classic Twin Room

Last stayed when privately owned. Now part of Barriere chain. Has become more impersonal and seems overpriced. Food very expensive and disappointing. Unless you are mad about saunas and spas I couldn't recommend it.

Location good, rooms comfortable and clean.

• Executive Twin Room

Shame there is no air conditioning and Le Pavillon was fully booked and even though it's a lovely place it's a bit expensive for a four star hotel.

Location is great, hotel really stylish and staff polite.

• Classic Triple Room

My friends were v disappointed with breakfast, although they voiced this and it was taken off the bill immediately

Grandeur in Le Touquet. Little faded in places. Our bathroom could’ve done with modernisation. Fab location. Beautiful building. Staff v good.

• Executive Triple Room

Bit tired. Prices appear to have gone up since Barriere takeover without any appreciable improvement in facilities. No fitness room or air conditioning.

Great location. Landmark hotel with great heritage and remarkable history

Grand old style hotel but a bit frayed around the edges, lack of air conditioning and housekeeping not up to standard of the hotel image

Lovely grand old style hotel in lovely position

It is annoying to be billed for parking and 7.5 Euro’s for a coffee

We have high expectations of this hotel and they were met, with nicely refurbished rooms

• Executive Twin Room

On checking out - CAROLINE - who dealt with us on reception, was rather unfriendly. She didn't smile or give much eye contact, or ask how we had enjoyed the stay etc, etc. This isn't what you expect from a hotel of this calibre after spending quite a bit on our two night stay. Her lack of client service was made more evident when I overheard her colleague working next to her, asking her 'guest' how he had enjoyed his stay and was everything to his liking!

We loved the hotel, the elegance and the location of it, to Le Touquet town centre and the beach - it was comfy and clean and the food was great.

• Executive Double Room

Bath was too narrow to stand in. Did not have a FLAT section in the bath. Next time I will need a separate shower facility

comfortable bed very helpful staff

• Classic Double Room

A separate shower in the bathroom - it is difficult to shower if you have poor knees!

The hotel recognised my partner's birthday - and upgraded us to a beautiful room on the front of the hotel - it was perfect. I'd like a separate shower would be my only observation.

• Executive Triple Room

Bed was very uncomfortable. No air conditioning in rooms.

Hotel has amazing provenance, we loved the gallery of pictures ongoing all the famous people who had stayed there. The lifts are also pretty special. The area is very nice, quiet, with a lovely park oppoisite. Room service was very very tasty but very limited menu. Staff where great and look after us. Convenient parking right in front of the hotel.

• Classic Double Room

Nothing to dislike had a great two nights.

Super comfy bed, really good breakfast,staff very helpful and understanding. Secure parking. Lovely building.

• Executive Double Room

Whenever we arrive we are asked if we have ever stayed before, which is very annoying as we have stayed at least 20 times before. A "welcome back" would be nice on arrival. I was taken aback by being charged 12 euros per night for parking. We have never been charged this before and I suppose that under new ownership things are changing for the worse. The receptionist made a feeble excuse about why we have to be charged and after recommending this hotel to so many people, we will sadly now consider whether we will ever return. It is not about the money but the principal. I do not like penny pinching.

We have stayed over 20 times and is our favourite hotel. The Restaurant is fantastic and caters very well for my vegetarian partner. The bar/lounge has a fantastic atmosphere for pre/after dinner drinks.

My only complaint would be that, in such a spacious, grand hotel, my single room was disappointingly small and in need of modernisation! That said, it had all the facilities that one would have expected!

This is a grand old hotel with style and elegance. The public rooms were extremely comfortable and the staff were most attentive on all occasions. Although I did not dine at the hotel, breakfast was superb!

• Classic Double Room

Large coffee not large compared to England. But hey we had two!!

Bread at breakfast fantastic. Rooms clean beds comfy staff lovely especially concierge who couldn’t do enough for you

• Classic Double Room

Room was a bit disappointing, rather small and cramped on the side of the building with no view, bathroom quite adequate but no separate shower. Went to a nearby cafe for breakfast as hotel charge of 20 euros per person is too high.

Nice building in a good location. Staff pleasant. Comfortable surroundings and free parking.

• Executive Double Room

last stay, I was there for business, I had just left a last business meeting, was still on telephone, when at 11h45 the cleaning lady knocked at our door, asking when we would be leaving...!! So, we rushed down to the check-out and my last e-mails were even send from the bar.... We perfectly knew that the check-out time was at 12.00, we were going the "get" that check-out time... but thanks to the cleaning lady, we rushed to check-out entry and I had to complete my work-mails from the entry of the hotel....the lady at the check-out desk was extremely willing to help me with my "mail" acces, although my room was already checked out.... but for the cleaning lady : a definite minus (it was not my first stay at this hotel, for business......)

Our dog did receive special attention ( special sleeping cover, eating and drinking bowl) but extra expenses for my little dog's stay were 20Euro / day and as she was not allowed to enter the breakfast area, we had to take breakfast at the room (once more 4Euro extra / person)... but breakfast was perfect....!!!!

• Prestige Double Room

I didn’t like the fact that the Hotel took the 3 night room charge from my Credit Card more than 4 months before my actual stay. The only way I found out was when I received my monthly credit card statement. Further more on check in they took a scan of my credit card, and charged 600 Euros, which only was returned to me 3 weeks after my stay. I paid my extras bill by other means.

Good choice buffet breakfast

• Classic Double Room

arriving at 22 pm, impossible to have the slightest snacking! Rooms booked through Booking lead you directly on the back of the hotel where food, laundry and bins are ! You pay for everything ! Access to the pool,to the hamam. Barrière is terribly normalized and standard. In a way it'st cheap. No charm at all

confort

• Classic Double Room

CARPET GRUBBY AND VERY WORN NO HOT WATER IN HAND BASIN ON FIRST NIGHT WOULD CONSIDER ROOM OLD FASHIONED AND IN NEED OF RE-VAMP.

BED AND BED LINEN VERY NICE

• Prestige Double Room

The price ! currency did not help but significant increase this time since change of ownership .

Appearance and comfort of room Outlook of room Great breakfasts Staff very nice We love Le Touquet ! Easy journey using Channel Tunnel.

Our room was close to the boiler house which started up at around 4am and was noisy enough to wake us

Central location, friendly service and welcome for our dog.

• Executive Double Room

Everything was perfect. There was nothing to dislike.

We couldn't have asked for more. Everything was perfect and made our stay wonderful and relaxing.

• Prestige Double Room

some staff were quite rude & unhelpful. nobody offered assistance with our luggage on arrival or departure, locations of bar & restaurant etc weren't explained, the barman wasn't welcoming or friendly, etc - the hotel itself is lovely and deserves staff who are more interested in providing a service to their guests. the weather was warm during our visit and we needed to ask for a fan to help keep our room comfortable. it seems there is no air conditioning anywhere in the building, the restaurant was also uncomfortably warm.

Great location, lovely building, nice breakfast

• Classic Twin Room

Room was noisy due to air conditioning plant outside. Room was hot and couldn't have windows open because of noise. Staff not interested when we mentioned this. Breakfast was 20 euros per person.

Location, cleanliness, good size room

• Executive Double Room

We went out and when we came back to the room it had been taken over by bats 5 of them so we spent the next hour trying to kill them with help from s hotel staff not a very good experience

The door staff and the practice of trying to take 100 euros per day in advance of any spend you may have in the hotel which I immediately decided not to spend one cent in the hotel

• Classic Double Room

Got there for 3.30, room should have been ready for 3. Receptionist said have a drink at bar,room will be ready in 15 minutes!it was ready at 4 and was charged for drinks! Not good!

Spa was good

• Classic Double Room

the reception staff were not very friendly or helpful. The fact that they automatically add a €100 at check in , just in case you don't pay your bill is a down right cheek, the bathroom was very old fashioned and if by chance you wanted to use the bidet, then a contortionist would be better, as it has a t able positioned over it. Dangerously high bath side to get into the shower and the hairdryer was really old fashioned, flexitube attached to the wall. The restaurant was a disaster, a full blown buffet with people milling around, it had come recommended but although we ate a la carte, the food was not good

not a lot

The rooms we were given were overlooking the service yard and were very shabby. The bathrooms were very poor. We paid quite a lot for the rooms and they were the standard of a B&B in Scunthorpe. We complained about the standard of decoration and the bathroom cleanliness, asked to move and the staff at reception were not interested.

Some parts of the hotel are OK. The evening dining was good. The location is pleasant.

• Classic Double Room

room was stuffy and lack of aircon asked for fan but this was no real help

when booking web site stated breakfast included but asked question prior to going and no response from booking.com

• Classic Twin Room

The room was very hot; no air con or fans ...

Very nice for a celebration! They gave us a nice card and champagne to celebrate my husbands birthday! Very nice gesture

• Classic Twin Room

The wifi was very poor. The windows open inwards, as with many windows in France. The bathroom window was quite high in our room and is perfectly sited to crack open the careless head. (As I can testify). I would recommend some sort of restraint fitted so that the window can ventilate but not open wide into the room. Also not very impressed with paper cups for tea/coffee in the room.

Perfect location for exploring Le Touquet. The staff and restaurants are excellent.

• Executive Double Room

The room was very hot, with no air con or fans ...

We were celebrating my husband's birthday, and was sent champagne and a card to our room ! Such a nice gesture - we will definitely be back soon !

• Executive Twin Room

No room service except for dinner time. No lunch served on the property, not even in the bar. Not very practical if you want to eat in.

The style of the building, and location

• Classic Double Room

Initially put in a room that was nothing like what we had booked on your website, stained carpet, very poor decoration, damp on wall in bathroom, dead spiders on window shelf. After complaint to the manager we were put in another room which resembled what we had initially booked, however for a top class hotel we found the fact that to get a shower you had to climb in a bath very unsatisfactory, not to mention flooding the floor after using the shower & the smell coming from the drainage in the bathroom on an evening was very annoying.

Not much

Small room, specifically asked for a bathroom, got a shower only.check in staff very superior, didn't like the fact they took credit card copy for price of room plus one hundred euros extra for any incidentals, was not impressed with that.last time I stayed there said would not return due to their attitude, nothing has changed, very disappointed.

Well located.convenient for other attractions in le touquet.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Curtains did not cover windows. No aircon. Pool area small and very busy with children. Reception staff rude on arrival (no offer to help when we could not find the car park - no signs to the parking. We waited 20 minutes to get served in the bar before giving up and no apologies offered. Our breakfast coffee took 15 minutes and several reminders. One lift broken.

Very comfortable bed, pillows and lovely bathroom. Pleasant staff on departure. Some staff helpful to try to compensate for others. Lovely cleaning staff.

• Executive Double Room

The rooms were a bit characterless although a very generous size. The big thing was that the first room we were given did not have a shower (not even over the bath) despite being an executive room. The staff eventually managed to give us an alternative room, but it was clearly stated that if we needed a shower we should have requested that at the time of booking. Can't believe it of a 4 star hotel!

Hotel building was excellent with good public areas. The Spa also seemed good although we didn't use this facility. Breakfast was usual buffet style and again good with with a full choice. The attending staff were all very helpful throughout the Hotel.

• Executive Twin Room

No air-con and the room was so hot we were unable to sleep, unacceptable for the price paid.

Great location, lovely to sit outside and have a drink, listening to music.

The room (and the bathroom) was big and comfortable, but in real need of a makeover. The room looks if it hasn't been refurbished this century. The shower was lovely and warm , but the pressure was low and the fittings looked like something from the B&Q budget range. The check in process was efficient and the staff were very courteous.

The hotel is very well located and has reasonable facilities

• Classic Double Room

One niggle was the Sat night dinner in the brasserie. Service wasn't the best as we appeared to have been forgotten once we were seated and I had to get up and remind a waiter we still hadn't got menus nor ordered drinks after 10 minutes. It was very busy and we were sat in an alcove the furthest from the kitchen so not surprised. 2 out of 4 drinks were incorrect once they did arrive and had to be replaced. However, overall an ok meal but feel the windowless brasserie and it's buffet needs to be updated to come up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Quality hotel in a great location and lived up to it's reputation. First time there and I hope it's not my last. Loved it. Staff - apart from our experience in the brasserie (see other comment) were 1st class. Check in was a breeze. And the terrace overlooking the main street was a great place to chill and people watch. You can feel the history as soon as you walk in reception - it is an amazing hotel. The autographed photos of famous past guests are absolutely fascinating. The Felt privileged to stay there.

Breakfast expensive at 20 Euros

Spacious rooms, welcoming staff, excellent facilities. Very helpful in finding us ground floor rooms to make it easier with our dog. Reasonable value-for-money, given that it's a 4-star property.

• Classic Twin Room

Breakfast was chaotic and uncomfortable. good variety but not well planned . Room was very poorly laid out with a weird mixture of furnishings The bathroom which had some nice period pieces was impossible, the water was dangerously hot and hard to regulate the toilet stuck out so far it was difficult to use , the pipe work exposed and obviously difficult to keep clean and some of the towel rails etc ,redundant. there was a bidet but no towels, very poor toiletries. Perhaps the MOST strange feature was no cups and saucers or even mugs were provided for beverages, only paper cups. I have never ever seen such a thing before.

Some of the 'Art Deco' features Room turn down service General atmosphere

• Classic Triple Room

We are extremely disappointed. Good location, but over priced rooms, no air con.. we had 3 rooms. One triple, 2 executive rooms. Triple rooms were very tired and tight. Bathrooms horrible. Executive rooms are on the main road, stuffy and uncomfortable. On check out, they took 45 minutes to get it right.. and we realised later they charged £723 on our card on arrival which we are still waiting to be refunded. ( absolutely ridiculous, to charge a holding card) we have emailed and they have yet not sorted refund. We are very very unhappy. Spent a fortune on 3rd class hotel with first class appearance.

Just the location

• Classic Double Room

WiFi didn't reconnect automatically. The bath was high sided and felt a bit uneasy when getting out of the shower...bathroom was in good condition though and very clean.

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and comfortable, staff were friendly and welcoming and the food in the Brasserie Les Cimaises was delicious. Hotel is very close to town and we enjoyed strolling around. The area felt very safe to walk around in the evening with plenty of other people doing the same.

Everything was great 100%

Reception, lifts, pictures, bar, room, bathroom, everything was spot on, staff so helpful nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend to all.

• Executive Double Room

We're were upgraded from executive room to a junior suite - lovely surprise they picked up that it was my birthday in 2 days time bottle of champagne flowers and a welcome card .

When I asked for a single room I was expecting the bedroom to be in the same condition as the hotel but unfortunately it fell a long way short. After travelling up through France for the past week we stayed in some beautiful hotels where the bedrooms reflected the rest of the hotels not a bedroom that looked like a set from a 1972 hotel sitcom.

• Classic Double Room

The room on our floor (4th floor) was badly in need of renovation. We had to change our room as we had to move the television table to open the draws in the wardrobe. We were very disappointed even when we changed rooms because it looked very dated and had no air conditioning. The complicated wifi did not work.

Service and the position

• Classic Double Room

They have the most awful paper cups in the bedrooms, for hot drinks! We did get tea and cups from the bar but our eager room service staff removed them.

The location is perfect, the room very comfortable.

• Classic Double Room

The bathroom in our room was looking very tired, bath was old and stained, hand basin chipped, taps old and tired. No air Con.... very little outside space to sit in the sun and relax....

Great location, good looking building, nice sun trap to the front by the bar, reasonable parking facilities.

Lack of air conditioning in bedroom. Limited opening on window. Small single bed. Heavy duvet. High price of drinks. Standard price for room at €199 represents poor value.

Central location, close to town restaurants. Short drive to golf course

• Classic Triple Room

Excellent service , facilities and friendly helpful staff.

We had excellent service through out, a small issue with our booking was sorted very quickly with exceptional service. The bottle of Champers to celebrate my wife 5oth on the Sunday was a fantastic gesture.

• Classic Double Room

The bedroom view was of the car park.

Very convenient location. Very comfortable room. Good breakfast with a long time window. Decent checkout time of noon.

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast was a little haphazard. Tables cleared very slowly. Replacement supplies slow to be brought out. For a hotel of this class, hopeless bathroom extras.

Great hotel. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Le Touquet. It's not without fault, but no matter. Beautiful hotel

Wi fi did not work properly. Roadworks outside from 7am - apparently they were only temporary, but nevertheless they were there.

Good location. Good spacious rooms and clean. Lovely environment

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Excellent location, short walk to the bustling centre of Le Touquet and the coast. Excellent breakfast with lots of choice, fresh produce. Very comfortable room with spacious bathroom and great shower!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Classic Twin Room

Our room on the 4th floor was a little hot at night. The price of teas in the bar is fairly steep at 6 euros. We didn't mind as we were only staying for a brief time, but this would have a significant impact on the bill if one were staying longer, as there is no facility for making tea in the room.

We enjoyed superb service from every single member of staff who helped us throughout the hotel. Our room quiet and our beds comfortable. We particularly liked all the details preserved from years gone by, which gives the hotel such a marvellous character and sense of history. The cafe bar, both inside and outside, is very well used and a lovely place to sit. This feels like a real, working hotel, with a wonderful ambience. It was a very short walk to the promenade of shops through the town centre, but it's really worth walking towards the church, town hall and market place for a true sense of the town's history. The beach is vast, sandy and very appealing. Parking at the hotel is secure, situated behind the building. We definitely intend to return one day.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

accommodation dated and very sub standard for the price, no air conditioning, this is supposed to be 5 star are you having a laugh, it was very hot and only a small inadequate fan supplied, and the beds so uncomfortable

Staff and food excellent

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

When you are prepared to spend quite a lot of money the place is good. Swimming pool very small .....

I got a very small single room - I guess there is no miracle when you do not pay full price .....view was on the courtyard .... location perfect - I did not try the restaurant - the breakfast included was excellent. You need to take a taxi from the train station to the hotel for 20 Euros each time.

• Classic Double Room

I do not understand a Hotel of this category does NOT have air conditioning,the breakfast cost 20 euros per person is a rip of,the bar prices are crazy high if you want to charge these prices then bring the hotel up to date

Good central location

• Classic Double Room

Their is nothing we don't like

The Westminster is everything in the photos and more we just love the place it was are 4 th stay at the hotel , and we will have many more .

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Classic Double Room

1. Plates were cold at breakfast 2. Rooms were a bit tired (carpet was stained) 3. Not quite the same service as on previous visits. 4. Dated bathroom with impractical shower. 5. Tissue dispenser was almost empty. 6. No provision of body lotions or hair conditioner Overall hotel was not up to usual standard experienced at other visits or for its grade. Impression was that there had been a cut back to save money at expense of guest comfort. Disappointing

Meal in Brasserie was very good and reasonably priced

• Classic Double Room

I felt a little uncomfortable in the bar because I had not realised that I was to sit down and the barman would come over to me. He made me wait while he sorted out the table candles before speaking to me. I then noticed that people were coming in and just sitting down and he walked over to them. It would have been better if he had just asked me to sit down and he would come over for my order.

The staff were very helpful. We had chocolates on our pillow I assume because it was Easter weekend, which was a lovely touch. We had a meal in the Le Pavilion (I think) the one opposite the breakfast room. This meal was superb.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Would have liked tea making facilities in the room

Lovely hotel. Very comfortable stay. Rooms very nice with plenty of space. Excellent location. Lovely Town. Couldn't fault it.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Nothing not to like :))

I left behind items in the wardrobe, sent an email via the website and the servive was outstanding - the items were posted back to me in UK, along with a dog bowl I had not realised we left! Just a beautiful hotel, great staff & super doggy friendly, this was our second visit and we will definitely return in the future

• Classic Double Room

Bad experience with the concierge who didn't want me to leave my car in the car park after my check-out even though the parking was empty even after my departure from Le Touquet, unbelievable for this category of hotel and the price of my stay !!

The hotel is tastefully decorated and the rooms are comfortable with large bathroom (prestigious room).

• Classic Double Room

Not much, the service could be a little quicker but it's a minor gripe.

Fantastic hotel, good facilities including a wonderful spa. Have stayed on many occasions; Le Touquet is a really enjoyable place to visit.

• Classic Double Room

Charged (a lot!) for tea and coffee in the room as didn't provide any facilities to make beverages in the bedroom. Given the high cost of the hotel I found this entirely inappropriate and rude.

Fab location, beautiful building.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Executive Double Room

Hot breakfast was nothing special..just self service scrambled eggs and bacon and frankfurter sausage. I pointed out to the waiter that there was no napkin on the bread station so everyone was handling the shared bread with bare hands to slice it. ( I have a background in microbiology) but nothing was done

The hotel were extremely dog freindly ..even laying out bowls for food and water and providing tags to hang on the door to say the dog was there. The dinner was excellent The hotel is excellent

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Executive Double Room

Hotel rooms and facilities are desperately requiring modernisation. Rooms need air conditioning for summer months.

Best location hotel in Le Touquet. Amazing historical building.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

Bar was a bit sad could do with a facelift.

Did not eat the croissants but they looked very nice. Very comfortable bed. Excellent modern bathroom with large tub and walk i shower. Lovely old fashioned lifts with iron railings

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast - with 45 minutes remaining of breakfast time, most of the selection of the buffet was no longer available. Staff claimed that "there was no more of this and that" e.g. all the bread selection, France and bread!! Translate to, "do not wish to place a new loaf on the buffet because it will not all be used today and we have run out is the easy option" - Unless of course the hotel HAD run out, which is equally bad. The breakfast staff appeared absolutely hassled and overloaded. I had to run around after a member of staff to order coffee and find spoons to then find that that person forgot and I had to find someone else to ask. Staff delivered coffee to tables but did not look up to even the table immediately next to the one they have just delivered to, before setting off again for the kitchen. Ibis €6 outperforms my experience of the Westminster €20 breakfast by far.

The elegance of the building. The room and bed are nothing more than a standard chain hotel and the bed is only just large enough for a couple.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Executive Double Room

I would have liked a tea/coffee tray in the room, not just a mini-bar (which wasn't used). The swimming pool was too cold and the jacuzzi had cold water coming through the vents so the water was luke warm - only went there once which was a shame as there wasn't too much to do in the resort in January. Would have liked to try the spa but was very expensive.

Very comfortable room and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Classic Double Room

Parking was confusing when we arrived as there were no signs to say it's behind the hotel. Breakfast was also a bit of a let down with the hot food selection too limited. Overall service while good was very slow at checkin and when we were ordering drinks. The high price sets high expectations and it did feel overpriced.

Bed was excellent and the location was very central. Plus the dog loved it. Despite some disappointments because of the high price tag it's probably the best in town.