Reviews of Hotel Yllen Eiffel 3 stars

196, rue de Vaugirard, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#315 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Actually since it is a small city hotel we didn't expect too much from this hotel. Only thing is that the rooms are small for families but it is understandable.

It was near to the visit places. The rooms were clean and the beds were ok. Our receptionists were very helpful. ( Especially Magic )

Too small. The washroom is not clean. You can see the the yellow stain on the wall. It needs a good scrubs.

Its just close to the Metro. Nothing special.

The room was very small, no place to put down your suitcase. Especially the bathroom was very small. Coffee in the room was supposed to be free, but the water wasn't, so the coffee was not free after all. Room got hot, opening the window was the only option, lots of noise from the street.

Very close to the metro station Volontaires, less than 5 min walk to the platform, 10 minutes Uber from the Eiffel Tower

Room was even tinier than I expected. it did not have enough space to put e regular size chair in it, which made it hard for me to get work done on my laptop. Wifi was unreliable in my room. I mentioned this to the staff and they said that I was the first to point this out. However, i did not have any issues with WiFi when connecting in the lobby.

The staff was very friendly. They were always willing to make suggestions and help.

Breakfast could have been more variable- I’d like to change food a little bit)

The location is really good- close to two metro stations, around there are some supermarkets. The breakfast is really good. The bathroom is quite big, as for this room)

The basin is too small. The water runs everywhere when washing hands. On the second day the housekeeping service was very poor. Everything was forgotten, but it was an exception.

Directly situated at the metro. It was very convenient to get around. Hotel is very well located with some restaurants and supermarkets nearby. The room for 3 was big enough for a stay of 4 nights in Paris.

The cable tv, the iron was broken and the safe box didn't work

The price that includes a good breakfast. Also the staff. The location in front of the metro is perfect.

Breakfast menu was somewhat limited. WiFi didn't really work for us but that wasn't an issue.

A perfect hotel for a short visit to Paris! It's nice, cozy, rooms are small but nicely furnished, staff is very helpful. The proximity to a metro station is a VERY BIG advantage. It's located almost on top of it :) Would recommend it to anyone!

The hotel is in front of Metró Volontaire, and it's near Metró Pasteur, so it's easy to go everywhere. Near the hotel there are many options to eat, like many Cafés, Vietnamese restaurantes, asian restaurantes and they all are pretty good. There are also boulangeries and local markets that sell fruits, water and groceries in general. It was a nice place to stay with my family.

staff could be more friendly and accommodating.

I like the location, It was literally across the metro and there is also a bus stop about 100 meters from the hotel.

Elevator was not functionning on arrival, room and bathroom really small

Good location close to a metro station, nice interior decoration in the lobby and in the room

Very nice and service minded staff. Really clean hotel and room. Directly beside the metro so it was very easy to get around. Not in the center, so relative quiet area. Perfect for our purpose. Small room, but I ordered a small room.

Room quite small but adequate for our needs

Great location across from the Metro station. Friendly staff, easy check in process. Clean modern room with added bonus of breakfast included.

We extend 1 more night but the rate hotel staff give us is not transparent. After long time negotiate, we have to pay extra €10 in order to what the previous staff offered. Quite dissapointed

Breakfast nice, great location

The room is toooooo small, you can’t even walk, they didn’t came to clean my room since the arrival, although I put the sign in the door to come and clean my room, the water hreater wasn’t working.

Everything was spotless clean. Bed super comfy. I asked for a room with a bath if possible and they gave us one. Excellent location super handy surrounded by lovely cafes

on my arrival they gave me a room that wasn't clean but the problem was solved in one minute. low first impression, though

Perfect location, just in front of the metro station. 20 min walk form the Eiffel Tour and perfect location as i had a congress meeting at institut pasteur (400m).

They should only put glass instead of curtain in the shower to avoid warter going out in the bathroom.

Nice Staff, easy access by metro and buses, confortable and clean room.

The only issue was related to the locker. We had to call the administration for assistance probably four times.

The bed was very comfortable and the space reasonable. Breakfast surprised us by its simplicity, variety and taste. We were freshers in Paris and we were able to get full assistance at the hotel (in our language). You won't face any problem with English, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish.

I didn't like anything except a lady at the reception she was very helpful otherwise everything was horrible . Guys who are working at reception lied to me about train . They were rude except the lady Her name is Laura . Elevated wasn't working . Everything was almost ?????i can't write the word.

- Twin beds instead of double bed; - Relatively small room; - Crowded breakfast room; - Not many choices for breakfast courses

- Located next to a Metro station; - Friendly personnel; - Very clean and elegant room; - Luxurious bathroom; - Big TV; - Very good air ventilation and room heating; - Good breakfast.

The location from the metro (green 12) was perfect. The hotel is directly across the side street from the metro exit. The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful. I would stay at this hotel again.

The hotel room was very small and not as clean as I thought it would be. There was stuck snot on the wall as well.

I like the fact the hotel offered pocket wifi for a small fee of 5 Euro a day. The location was perfect for attractions and the Metro.

the room is so small; Booking was giving early check in and late checkout as a genius account. I was surprised on my arrival that i didn't get any.

the access to the metro station is less than 1 mn

The breakfast is expensive 16-12£ I do wish there was a free shuttle to and from the airport but it was nice that they helped up book one. The room was small and I wasn’t happy that in the triple room one bed was a pull out when all the pics and info stated it would be three real beds.

It was clean and in a quiet area. Easy walk to somethings and had cute shops all around. I hands down recommend going to L’Alchimie it’s a delicious hole in the wall restaurant with traditional French food!

• Quadruple Room

Nowhere to sit and relax other than tiny reception area. Family room (4 beds) cramped. Full price charged for breakfast for children.

Very convenient right by metro and easy walk/metro to Eiffel Tower and river boats. Lots of neighbourhood bistros. Breakfast good.

• Quadruple Room

Room a bit small for a family of 4. Breakfast area very nice but staff not efficient. Had to wait for food and cutlery most mornings.

Close to subway. French feel to hotel.

p.s. I sent two E-mail about booking the pick-up service from the airport to the hotel, but no reply, I take the taxi by myself in the end. Anyway, this does not affect the good impression.

It's very near to the metro and bus station, and the public security is good. And it's just about 20 mins walk to the Eiffel Tower. I think I will choose this hotel again when I tavel to Paris next time.

In the room there was a sofa, which was making the room with too many things. The bathroom was small. The hairdryer was not functioning correctly. The morning I paid, they wanted to charge for 2 people. This type of detail is making me a bit angry. Overall it is quite expensive.

Staff was very friendly. The room was big for Paris standard. The room is nice and luminous. I had a corner room. The curtains were quite good to darken the room. Breakfast was really good for Paris standard! Again for Paris standard, this is one of the nicest place I went.

Nothing to complain about.

Very good value for money. Not exactly in a tourist area, but the surroundings are nice and the hotel is only few meters from the subway station. Breakfast with limited choice, but very good quality.

• Quadruple Room

We were only given coffee on our first day. Limited dining options nearby.

Two bathrooms in the family suite. Located right across the street from a Metro stop.

1. The shower was not working, it took a while to be fixed and wasted one sunny day in our short visit of Paris. 2. two night before our check out, the front staff tried to convinced us to get shuttle to airport! ( he was not offering, he was forcing us!!!) Then on the check out time, He tried to make us fool and charge us for extra money!!! I was sure I had paid all the amount previous day. So when he noticed we are not naive enough to be charged again, He said this is my college's mistake and I will solve it!!!!!

The Location is good, so close to metro station. Rooms were good and beds were okay.

Metro train noice , It was very hot inside the rom and AC was not working ,only one person working in reception he has to run every where so , don't expect somebody in the reception always . You need to wait . Your finger can trap between toilet door , cheap door construction .

Location is good .Metro station is just opposite the building

Worst receptionist I met when I checked in late at night (between 10pm and 11pm). He was really rude and impolite. I will never come to this place myself, let alone recommending to someone.

Cleanliness. Metro station quite near. Morning/daytime receptionist seemed welcoming, but did not have many interaction with them.

When we arrived on the first evening our room door was open. Nothing was missing and I guess the cleaner forgot it like that (the locker was out, so I think she left it like that while cleaning to avoid the door to close and forget about it), but it was not nice. There were tea facilities but no free water for them and we were charged for the bottle of water we used (that was a first, as normally we get free water).

The room was small but nice and clean with a window on the main street (but it was quiet). The bad was confirmable, the bathroom was modern and the shower was really nice. The breakfast was tasty and sufficient (omelette, small sausages, nice pastries, jams, some cheeses, good tea selection, hot chocolate, fresh juice, milk, yoghourt)

The tub to the shower was high and could easily slip which we did. The carpet to the floor was dirty like they didn't vacuum or it was just like that. And the gap between the toilet and shower there was dirtiness.

The view was nice at the top floor, it reminded me of Brooklyn, New York leaning out in the windows. The location was also great because it was walking distance to everything.

the guy in reception didn't even let me read the paper he wanted me to sign! he literally interrupted me three times when I was reading 2 sentences. and overall he was rude and had an attitude.

bathroom, cleanness, facilities, breakfast, silence

Breakfast was HORRIBLE!!! not too many choices and the staff members at breakfast time were a little bit rude. Would not recommend the breakfast!

I love the fact that this hotel is 30 mns walk approximately to the Eiffel Tower. Restaurants are close by and the metro is a big PLUS on the location.

Location was not as close to the attractions or shopping. Lack of late night choices after 11 pm. The pastries/sweet cakes were old in the store near the hotel. The owner was rude and didn't care. One of the male night clerks was aloof and not helpful after we turned down his shuttle hustle. The attendant for breakfast was always in the back no matter the time. The water pitcher was empty three of my four days, milk lo,w, meat lo. We had to ask for eggs and fruit because she was not attentive to the needs of the guest. The cross is td were a little too brown. This is an easy fix. The bathroom is a ltradejy waiting to happen. The tub is extremely deep without slip resistance in the tub bottom or hand rails to hold on to. Very dangerous. I cut the top of my foot on the glass door which opens inward and outward. The door is not full enclosure. Please be cautious and grip on to the tub. If water gets on the floor, the chances of falling increases.

Close to subway. The hotel was very clean and Laurey our check in clerk was very patient, informative, and kind. The breakfast was Good when the girl put it out in a timely manner. There is a safe in the room and a mini bar. The room was compact but spacious for Paris with adequate closet and shelving. We had a good view of the street. Nothing much to see

Housekeeping often late in the day.

Location and friendly staff. Subway across the lane. Staff was very helpful to give directions, advice and help with all needs.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great location - within walking distance of Eiffel Tower. When we arrived early the management held our baggage until check in time so we could do some sight seeing.

Since we had a breakfast in the room so we miss spoons and knifes. Everything else is in the room.

It wasn't my first trip to Paris and my expectations for the 3-stars hotels were quite realistic. After a very long day, the first person we met was our host and she was excellent! Laura was very professional and kind to us even though we had to wait a bit for our very early check-in. Compare to any other places, I've been before in Paris, our room was big, clean, quite and light. Very central location, close to several metro-stations, food stores, cafes and restaurants. Very happy with the choice and definitely will be back. Laura was the best host I've ever met and thanks to her we had a great stay.

The air conditioner was not working and the temperature in the room was above 32ºC. Impossible to stay there during the day even for few minutes. The hotel did not have another room available and... they simply said that there was nothing that they could do. They did not make too much effort to make up for the problem... yes, they offered one bottle of water for free.

Reception staff were fantastic - couldn't have been more helpful. They also arranged for a taxi transfer back to the airport as I got stung by the taxi driver at the airport on the day we arrived. Also changed my mind at the last minute and had breakfast at the hotel - it was no problem.

There was a hiccup with our prepayment and we spent ~10 minutes figuring that out when we were leaving. Because of that we missed our train (were 2 minutes late). Also there was yellow liquid on the toilet when we came.

Location is great, patisseries around made our morning. Place was small, but nice.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Some staff members not as cooperative as others. I was charged for some mini bar items I never consumed A bit expensive.

Location, room facilities/size, clean, metro station access, internet.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Quadruple Room

Breakfast was too expensive compared to the other hotels.

Very convenient location with metro station being next door. Room was big and had 4 beds.reception staff was very helpful.

Can't think of any real negatives. Maybe an extra pillow? As only 1 per person and they were a bit flattened. Otherwise no complaints!

Clean and modern hotel with lovely friendly staff. Right opposite the metro which was fantastic. Upgraded for free with a personal welcome note was a lovely touch by the staff.

Here is the problem and it clouded everything else...almost, by the time we checked out. Housekeeping was sloppy and that was especially noticeable in the bathroom, hardly the place to have less than clean standards. Though booking.com had offered a later check out, it was clear that didn't please the hotel at all! As a result, we stored our luggage and came back for it. The man at the reception hardly looked up and didn't offer to retrieve our luggage for us either. Fortunately, he hadn't taken it far and I easily found and brought it from the back hall.

The first thing we really enjoyed was the fact that we got out of the Metro station and saw the hotel across the little street. The lobby and the reception were friendly and helpful. We found our room to be very comfortable when we arrived and were happy with what we saw. Each time we left or returned we found staff greeted us and answered our questions. I had requested the breakfast and it was very good! The little breakfast room is comfortable and the choices were excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Be prepared, the rooms are not large. They are standard European rooms. But when you're in Paris how much time do you spend in your room anyway? Also there is no bathtub. At least on our rooms.

The area around the hotel seems more like a local Parisian neighborhood. It was nice to go to all the sites and then go back to our hotel on a quiet area. Also there is an awesome little restaurant across the street where you can have breakfast or dinner or just go over for a drink. There's even a market at the end of the block on the corner.

It is cramped. The rooms are small. It is not close to Eiffel, though the name suggests so. There was no view from the rooms.

The staff was friendly and helped us book a cab to the airport. They even allowed an early check in.

- the cleaner woman after our first day she left all the drink rubbesh they we had from the mini bar last night she didn't clean it and she didn't fill up more coffee for the kittlle jog. -the breakfast it wasent that great almost nothing. -The bathroom very small .

The staff are all great and helpful specialy the girl Laura and the Nino from Tunisia think are great to help and chat to show u everything,the room was good,and the good things is the metro station which call valentaire it's very near the hotel 1min that make it easy to travel to the outhre place. - but I had good time on that hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

They accommodated us at first floor, which you can feel ( and hear) the vibration of the Metro station called 'Volontaires' . It is not a big drama, but I expected more ( higher floor ), as we paid in advance.

Quite friendly staff and always helpful. Special thanks to Mrs Laura.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Room very comfortable but a bit small for more than one person but for a place to sleep for a night close to the Pasteur Institute it is ideal. Easy to reach by public transport from CDG airport. The hotel has been refurbished recently .

• Suite

Parking

The hotel has a good location, close to tourist attractions, shops, restaurants, with modern, well designed rooms, the staff at the reception was very nice.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

The breakfast should include more option.

First, The hotel was next to the metro station "Volontaires" like litterally some steps and you are there. You can buy a ticket for 3 days for 25 euros which includes metro/train/busses in Paris. at night the metro is closed at 00:30 during the days, however during the weekends it last till about 2:00. The taxi isnt expensive either if you want to go to places nearby it might cost you no more than 10-15 euros no matter how many persons you are with. The staff was smiley and helpfull all the time. you will meet "Laura" which I can easily say she is the best receptionist you could meet, always helpfull and smiley. The room wasn't too big, still it was well designed, and enough for us. I would Definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The Pillows seems like someone used it already. And their bathtub is so slippery and if a person is not carefull can slip and I was holding the door so tight when I am done taking shower .

the room!!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

The Stuff is very hospitable, helpful and nice. Rooms are very clean and smell good. It is very easy to get around, metro is just in front of the hotel. The Chinese restaurant near by the hotel is really good! The breakfast is complete and tasty.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

All was perfect until we encounter a very rude receptionist, not the nice guy with a suit we deal the first few days. He asked for our keys on our way out very impolite and rude. If is mandatory to leave the keys every time you leave the hotel they should tell you that on day one.

I love the fact that is with a walking distance of the Eiffel towel of course if you like to walk but if you don't the train is right across the hotel. lots of good places to eat around too.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Room are super small , no space to even open our suitcase ..

Location is just opposite of metro station , i was staying for 2 days .. the lady staff was super nice compare to the gentleman ... she is really friendly ...

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

It could have free breakfast. Single beds are far from good; small, unconfortable, noisy. Genius' privileges are not available, we have asked for an early check in but we didn't get it.

Good location! Right in front a metro station and a bus stop. Good metro line n. 12, it goes to every place in the city. There're some markets close to the hotel, one of them is at the same street, but Monoprix and Carrefour are down the street, about 3 blocks down. Good staff, very kind people. There're some restaurants nearby, like Pietro! Greeeat food! Double bed is good. The quadruple room has one toillete and a full bathroom, great choice for 4 people. There is a minibar and a kettle in the bedroom. Free wifi.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

The room was a bit small. I imagine if you don't have much luggage then it'd be fine, but with three ladies and their luggage, it can be a tight fit. It's manageable though.

The beds were decently comfortable. The room and bathroom were clean. The metro was right across the street so it made certain trips very easy.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Location seemed sketchy at night. Drunk people hanging out on street corners if you show up past a certain hour. The coffee could really have been improved. For a coffee aficionado in Paris, I would have hoped more. But at least it was included in the price!

Bed was supremely comfortable. Staff friendly. Breakfast decent.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

You need to add 10-15 minutes to your planned breakfast duration as the breakfast room (in the basement) is too small for the clientele and you may have to wait for a space. Food provided freshly as you wait.

Almost everything. Metro (ligne 12) stop Volontaires is just across the road. Surprisingly quiet. Local shops and restaurants only a street away.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The bed slept HOT! I shouldn't have been hot, but my husband and I sweat like crazy every night while we were sleeping. I also didn't care for the practice of turning in our room key each time we came and went.

Well appointed room in a great location. Hotel responded well to my questions and was easy to deal with.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Worst bed I have ever seen on my trips I really have backache after 3 night of stay. Bed, pillow, quilt everything was terrible; all of them is %100 polyester which make you sweat all time. Room service comes at 5 pm instead of noon, we were sleeping and they didnt come back when we say so. Hotel is near the metro but its so far for main attractions you can not go anywhere by walk. Rooms are cold, A/C is not working which is suppose to be working on 3 degree outside. If you are staying more than 1 day never stay there you can definitely find better place with that cost.

Close to Metro station but not close to anywhere else.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

room service, room was not ready at 5 pm. the lady who was in charge of the breakfast room.

location, friendly reception, good quality breakfast. nice room.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Room service not great, reception very helpful in terms of delivery it was more the quality of the food- give it a miss is our recommendation.

Bedrooms beautifully decorated and very clean. Room small but perfect for the three of us.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Nothing. Everything was wonderful.

We live in Europe and love to travel using Booking.com! We found Hotel Yllen on the site and decided to book it! We stayed 2 nights in a corner room overlooking the street. There is restaurants within walking distance and the metro is right across the street. We arrived in Paris by train and purchased a packet of metro tickets before getting to the city. This was a tremendous benefit. Perfect location. Helpful staff. Very quiet.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Warm welcome, with an upgrade of my room to a charming "suite", with balcony and a great view on Paris' roofs... Good breakfast with delicious croissants. Good location, metro station next door...

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

Room was a little bit on a small side and breakfast expensive at around £15 per person. Nearby patisserie/cafe was a lot cheaper

Hotel is modern with nice decor ,wet room and raised toilet. Room had a nice design with tea and coffee facilities. Fridge with reasonably priced snacks and drinks in the room. 2 Metro stations, 1 next door ( Volontaires & Pasteur ). Excellent patisserie/cafe and shops nearby. 20-25 min walk to the Eiffel Tower

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The room was a bit small and the bed too hard...

A very nice place in southern Paris; the Metro is just outside, there are good local restaurants nearby (try Le Baribal!) and the area is quiet and safe. Our room was small but sufficient for a weekend stay, with fun interior decoration. The bed was a bit hard, but I guess that is up to personal taste. Breakfast was good, with a selection beyond just baguette and jam.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Super comfortable king side bed, very good room, light is bright, i like bright room. About 150m there is a parking place with 18Euro for 24 hours. Price is valuable

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Check in and out times were a little inconvenient but we were allowed to leave our bags there after checking out

The room was very clean and modern. Wasn't the biggest but perfect size for us - we loved it!

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

I was upgraded free of charge to a suite, the rooms were spotless, modern and high end furnishings and décor. breakfast was hot and cold buffet , perfectly ample for small hotel .

Browse Hotel Yllen Eiffel traveller photo gallery