Reviews of Savoro Restaurant With Rooms 4 stars

206 High Street, Hadley Wood, Barnet, EN5 5SZ, United Kingdom

#9 of 17 hotels in Barnet

The single room was great, very clean, and bathroom also...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

One of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on - replacing a battered single mattress really wouldn't cost them very much and would have meant that I got a much better night's sleep.

The single room was great, very clean, and bathroom also very clean. And breakfast was fab!

Otherwise very good service.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy at night..difficult to get ti sleep on the 1st day..could hear people walking,coughing and talking..the door was banging loudly..at the main entrance to room 12..room 14 opposite were noisy and never stopped banging the door.

Otherwise very good service..comfortable and accessible ..i would highly recommand Savoro..this is the second time i booked for my guests..

Food service excellent / Accommodation disappointing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The rooms are tired - need painting and updating. My bedroom door rubbed on the floor and needed a hefty push to close. Very noisy room.

The staff were excellent and the service and food in the restaurant was superb!

VERY VERY FAR FROM LONDON PROPER

This property is an HOUR via Tub/Train from London proper. The rooms at first glance are crisp but after a few minutes of being there they are very worn. Rooms were hot and VERY VERY noisy, the shower had mold in the caulking, and furniture has seen better days. We were also told in the payment instructions that we would pay at the property, but when we went to pay in the morning, they had charged our credit card.

The sheets were crisp and fresh and staff was great.

We were greeted by pleasant staff who were very welcoming when we arrived.
    • Family Room

We liked everything about the room and the location. Complimentary bottled water in the room. Car parking places at the rear of the premises.

Ok, but not good value for money.

The rooms weren’t clean first thing in the morning, the instant coffee hasn’t been supplied daily, it was difficult to get hold of someone and I had an issue with having my payment made to Booking.com acknowledged by rhe B&B

Helpful and very polite staff, good breakfast

Breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Overpriced. Room was old with dirty walls. Very weak soundproofing so you can hear people above/next to you. No reception area. I was made to feel like I was intruding on someone's business by staying there.

Breakfast was good.

Savoro again
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing, tho car parking might be difficult. Small and very tight parking area.

Welcoming, room clean and comfortable, staff pleasant and amenable, good breakfast. Stayed previously, always good.

Overall we had an enjoyable stay and will return if we are in Barnet again.

No complaints.

Nice, clean and comfortable hotel in the high street and close to shops, restaurants and public transport. Very handy to be able to dine at the hotel restaurant which had a good menu and served great meals. The full English breakfast was great and the waitress was always attentive and looked after guests.

We found the stay really good and the location was perfect for us

The heater in our room wasn’t working even though we did tell the staff who came up and then said it would come on in 15 mins and it didn’t. So when we called back lator no one answered

Breakfast was good

Clean and quiet room.and ideal position if one needs to be close tothe Barnet or Hadley Wood area.

Rather cramped between the large bed and wardrobe, making it very difficult opening the wardrobe.

Extremely clean. Breakfast was the best, whilst staff were superb.

Breakfast and staff were nice
    • Family Room

Rooms were really noisy (you could hear activity of neighbour guests and slamming doors). Really bad insulation in whole building)

Breakfast and staff were nice

Friendly, Excellent Service, Great Breakfast, Lots of Tea/Coffee/Biscuits/Milk and TV - GREAT
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My fault - I went for the cheapest option of a shared bathroom across the corridor. Everyone awoke at the same time and wanted to use the bathroom so next time I will book a room with an ensuite!

The BEST breakfast I have EVER had in an hotel! Beautifully presented smoked Salmon and Scrambled eggs with toast and butter - AMAZING!!!

The breakfast was nice.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I could not sleep due to a flood of security lights shining into the room all night. The room was not fit for purpose because of this along with an extractor fan noise outside the room, keeping me awake through the night.

The breakfast was nice.

Comfortable, friendly and welcoming
    • Room with Four-Poster Bed

There was nothing to not like about Savoro

The room had everything you needed, the whole place was clean, the staff were very friendly and efficient and couldn't do enough for you. There was a wide choice for breakfast continental or full English. I would most defiantly stay again

Delicious natural yoghurt (greek? homemade?) and berries...

Delicious natural yoghurt (greek? homemade?) and berries coulis - both self-serve from breakfast buffet. Whole ambience was un-ostentatiously classy and well-judged.

Good location - close to Barnet, good cafe nearby for...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Was advised would be able to access breakfast room early, wasn't able to Was quite noisy in the evening

Good location - close to Barnet, good cafe nearby for breakfast Parking available

A pleasant stay with a clean & comfy room and lovely breakfast.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was small, but more than adequate for one or two nights. Breakfast on Sunday was supposed to start at 0800 but I was unable to gain admittance into the restaurant. After I made a phone call, someone opened up at around at 0820.

The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the shared bathroom was a good size and wasn't a problem. I didn't expect a TV in the room, so that was an added bonus. The tea/coffee making facilities were good and the bottle of water was a nice touch. The cooked breakfast was great and set me up for the day. I found the staff pleasant and helpful. The Savoro Restaurant with rooms was good value for money (especially with breakfast included) and its close location to shops and High Barnet station were just what I was looking for. I would most certainly stay there again.

Perfect hotel for couple of nights

The room we had number 4 was noisy due to having self closing fire door close by which slammed every time someone walked through it which was gone 11.30pm . Also the waiter failed to turn up till 8.45am( therefore restaurant not opened) so our 8am breakfast before heading to watch family member run the London marathon was delayed which was disappointing. But saying that I would definitely stay here again but would ask for room at the back of hotel

The position of the hotel is perfect for Barnet high st , it’s tucked away down a little lane . The breakfast in the restaurant was excellent

Ok for one night. The price was good and the breakfast great
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was very uncomfortable as it was sinking in the middle.The walls are very thin and one can hear everything going on in the next room. The man next door snored the entire night.Yhat us the bed did not make gor a good nights sleep.

The breakfast was very good.

Clean, comfortable and great breakfast!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Not a bad point just- be aware that the parking in located at the rear of the property and you have to access it from a street a bit way up the road. There are instructions on the front of the building on how to get there though.

The bed had a memory foam matrress which was super comfy! When I first saw it was a shared bathroom my heart did sink a bit but when I saw it , the bathroom looks like a nice family bathroom and is spotless. Checkin and out nice and easy and the included breakfast was very tasty! Thoroughly enjoyed my short stay and well worth the money.

If you dont mind hearing neighborus having light rooms and very firm beds/pillow then stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The beds are very hard along with the pillows. At night there is lots of light shining in the room from street light and decorative lights. Rooms are not sound proof you can hear everything form the kitchen staff to people above and next door.

Great breakfast and staff helpful

Terrible carpark but nice hotel
    • Family Room

The hotel should not advertise as having parking. When we arrived their little carpark was full; I ran in & asked if there was anywhere else nearby we could go to park & explained we'd a room booked (hence why I was asking) & the gentleman was very rude & condescending, he said "yes you book a room, not a parking space". He did very kindly move his car & his staff's cars from the carpark so we (& other guests) could park there but I was not impressed with the way he spoke to me. Had I not already paid we'd have walked out. The car park had a skip & a huge van parked in it, which made manoeuvring very difficult in what already was a very compact space. I would not recommend here if you are an anxious driver. Guests essentially end up blocking each other in just to fit their cars in. My Dad was worrying all night about having to move the car to let other guests out. Excluding that experience though, everyone was lovely.

Spacious room. Majority of staff exceptionally lovely. Beautiful restaurant. Lovely room facilities.

Convenient no frills.

Room very basic, no carpet on floor, and incredibly draughty windows.

Very convenient for the "London Loop" footpath. Very friendly and helpful breakfast waitress. A very good breakfast in a lovely restaurant setting, quite different from decoration of room.

It was a nice place with convience traffic to the underground and lots of shops and restaurants.

Rooms are small but facilities are all ready for use...

It was a restaurant my husband loved when he was alive and lived nearby. I stayed there in the memory of him and everything was within my expectations, although rooms are small.

Good location, nice room.

Room was a bit on the cool side.

Good central location, nice enough room. The restaurant looked welcoming and the menu good, but I didn't get a chance to try it - will do if I'm there again.

Short trip for a course in London.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My mattress wasn't great but I didn't complain or mentioned it to the staff. I am sure that if I had mentioned it they would have tried to rectify it if they could.

Excellent breakfast. Clean. Friendly staff. Excellent location. Free available parking. Walking distance to underground station.

Very nice place big rooms staff very lovley food great location car park vey small prob for 6 cars
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Big skip outside breakfast room and bedrooms plus a bit of Rubish laying around I expect this will all be gone once the building work is completed ... couldn't understand how one key opens the porch door then opens your room door yet there's another room inside the pouch opposite your door ? Kept wondering if there's our our key would open all doors ??? Also didn't like check in you had to walk through the restaurant where ppl are sitting eating through the tables to the till by the bar with your suit cases very embarrising and not nice for ppl eating there meal should be a better place to check in ..

Room big clean and well equipped breakfast lovley freshly cooked and home made bread for toast

good bathroom, nice to have a small teapot in room,...

Other guests exceptionally drunk & noisy, so didn't get much sleep. No Reception Desk during the night. Bedroom very small, pillow a bit hard.

good bathroom, nice to have a small teapot in room, delicious breakfast, friendly staff member, good location.

Classy hotel/restaurant
    • Deluxe Double Room

I have nothing bad to say about this place. I look forward to returning.

It’s a beautiful, well laid out property. Clean and modern looking inside. Loved the four poster bed and clean spacious bathroom. Nice breakfast room waited by friendly staff.

thoroughly enjoyed our stay had 4 poster bed room ,Food excellent
    • Room with Four-Poster Bed

could not get into car park so had to pay additional £7 for public car park although still nearby should be refunded if you are staying in hotel and can't use their car park. Don't forget to take slippers like I did as hard flooring which I prefer to carpet have suggested hotel supplies disposable ones

Very good helpful staff, had a problem with plumbing and was sorted out extremely quickly whilst we had a complimentary drink at bar. Food is excellent and best house wine I've ever had (chenin blanc) at £17-50 bottle great value. Very high standards cleanliness I prefer hard floors to carpet and it might be an idea to supply disposable slippers as floors cold .2 course set menu good value would have liked dessert on this too.

Central location, clean although smallish room, good shower but a hard bed.

The bed was hard. Parking was also very limited but managed to get a space.

Just had the English breakfast, but that was good and the catering service was excellent. The rooms' en-suite was pretty good with an excellent shower.

Great value for the price and convenient location.

The walls were really thin so I hear the banging doors downstairs and the neighbor snoring.

Room was basic but a great value for the price (including breakfast). Very friendly staff and always greet you with a smile. I loved the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs breakfast! Room was clean. Convenient location and easy access. I will definitely stay there again if I visit High Barnett next time.

For the price it was worth it, apart for the cost of a large whisky

Noisy neighbours, snoring from the room next door, walls not well insulated & car park very small.

The welcome, the service and the food all excellent. Even with the downsides below would still stay there again.

Really satisfied with the whole deal.

Traffic noise, but then we do live in the wilds of Wales.

Home made bread and home made muesli, plus smoked salmon and scrambled eggs were all excellent.

Welcoming staff in the morning and a lovely breakfast
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Told by staff in the evening of arrival that my card payment had not gone through and asked to pay again, despite showing confirmation from booking. com that the bill was paid - your mistake which was eventually resolved and my account recredited. Worried me at the time though. Also room was very cramped and small

Welcoming staff in the morning and a lovely breakfast

Good breakfast and very good value for money.

Cooking smells from the kitchen into our room. The access to the room wasn’t very welcoming and quite narrow. But for the price of the room it didn’t matter too much!

Very good breakfast. Good sized bedroom.

Great. I would definitely recommend and definitely go there again.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff were really friendly, helpful and pleasant. I called and asked for ironing facilities and when I arrived it was already set up in my room. These little things go along way. Room was clean. Shared a bathroom but was also very clean.

Served it's purpose and better than expected.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Car park is a bit small and because there was still snow, I had a bit of difficulty getting an a space but other than that, nothing disliked.

Had difficulty finding the hotel as it is set back from the High Street but called the staff and they were very helpful with directions. Room is a bit small but I literally dumped my bags and then left there for about 6 hours. I had a shared bathroom but it was always vacant and very clean and only shared with one other person. I didn't make breakfast (it was a bit too early after a late night) but the restaurant upon arrival looked lovely and clean and had many recommendations from locals to eat there.

Friendly staff.

The bed was terrible and should be changed. (Room 24). I could feel the springs in my back. The quality of the bed is the most important feature of a room. Its a shame because this is a lovely little hotel with a great location with no local competition.

Friendly staff. Flexible check in and departure. Good breakfast. Water, tea and coffee in the well equipped room.

A nice welcome and comfortable stay. Good breakfast and good location, would stay again and recomme.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The lock on bedroom doors is really hard to open and also close without making a loud noise. I tried my best to be quiet but my adjoining guest wasn’t so bothered and was going in and out a lot banging the door. This may perhaps be different at the other rooms.

Communication good. Kind and helpful staff, very good breakfast which I sadly didn’t have time to enjoy. (Hopefully next time though!) Excellent location for my stay. Room adequate and quiet. Nice selection of tea and coffee, appreciated, thank you.

Overall good but let down by small details.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Although first impressions were good, some of the bedroom furniture was very battered and gave the room a neglected feel. The pillows were solid and uncomfortable. There was inadequate sound proofing and I was aware of the music playing downstairs until it was switched off at 11pm. The neighbours tv was then audible. Not great for a Wednesday night with work the next day. The restaurant appears very high end so it was dissapointing to be given cheap sliced bread with the breakfast.

A good sized room and comfortable bed. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order. Dinner was available at the restaurant downstairs.

Room was spacious

It is really a restaurant with rooms and not a hotel. The rooms were not isolated from the rest of the building meaning you could hear when guests at the restaurant used to bathroom. The was loud music until about 11pm that was clearly audible in the room. We found an old voucher in the linen which indicates that the sheets were not changed before we arrived!

Room was spacious

The only negative, the mattress in room 22 was worn out,...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The only negative, the mattress in room 22 was worn out, seriously compressed where many people have sat on the side. So sleep was poor. It only needs a new mattress!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The service was excellent from getting there to leaving. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the meal was excellent. Breakfast was equally as good. Cannot fault it. Will definitely be booking again.

The staff and restaurant were very nice.
    • Family Room

The hotel room was a little tired and needed some attention. A little redecorating and new shower tray is definitely a must for room number 14.

The staff and restaurant were very nice.

It was good break for us to stay there for a night due to renovation work in our home.
    • Family Room

Not much space to dry the towels, or hang clothes in the shower room

Bottled water for each of us at the bedside impressed me ! Normally I would be searching for water first thing I check into a hotel.

Very comfortable restful stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lack of toiletries, only had body wash and soap. I had read on their website that they provided toiletries so assumed (as in most hotels) that shampoo and conditioner would be provided, sadly not so had to wash my hair in body wash. The lighting was lovely and subdued, very romantic BUT not great for putting on make up when you are getting ready to go out. Had to use the bathroom which was a little better but nowhere to put you're make up other than in the sink. Could do with a back lit make up mirror or a light above the mirror where the hairdryer is.

The room was very comfortable with all the amenities you would expect plus a bottle of water at each bedside. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient and the breakfast was absolutely lovely with homemade bread.

Excellent breakfast (included) clean, tidy & comfortable Hotel with helpful/friendly staff.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Door locks/close noisey - wifi was quite slow

Excellent breakfast (full English &a continental + cereal) Comfortable bed/ excellent room service

Poor!!!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Wasn't told the restaurant wasn't open on Sunday when I checked in. Room was very very basic. Would not recommend or return! Had to share a bathroom and toilet. The walls were that thin I could hear the lady on the phone next door.

Wasn't told breakfast wasn't served till after 7.30 and I had to leave by 6am. Poor

Would recommend the Savoro to others, and would stay again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room furnishings a little dull, perhaps needs an update.

Nice bathroom, large warm and comfortable bedroom. Very good location. Breakfast excellent and waitress polite and friendly.

Would stay again, pleasant setting and good facilities for a small establishment.

Booked a single room for me and a twin for my daughters to share - sadly one daughter had the flu and couldn’t come so me and my daughter shared a room - still they felt obliged to charge both rooms. Wasn’t even offered a little discount for the breakfast they didn’t have to serve her. I know there’s “rules” but that sort of “commerce” ahead of compassion isn’t very endeering.

Nice room, great location, staff couteous, convenient secure access. Very smart breakfast setting for such a stay ... really nice.

Room and staircase badly needed painting and furniture needed replacing especially the desk. Hairdryer overheating and outside had melted. We told staff member on Monday morning but he didn't offer any apologies or replace it ! Asked for another tea and coffee at breakfast but it didn't arrive so we left restaurant. Our first stay a year ago was lovely so this stay was really disappointing .

Excellent breakfast

good
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

room was a bit soulless, and drafty. could be made more homely , a warmer wall colours would help.

breakfast was very good. excellent service by staff.

Clean, convenient room.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom & toilet.

Clean, convenient room. Good connection to downtown centre. Good restaurant. Friendly and efficient staff. Excellent breakfast.

Breakfast good but not large portions.

It's a restaurant with rooms above so no lounge area. Carpark is very small & tight at back of restaurnat which is not accessible from the front.

Breakfast good but not large portions.

The service was amazing and the food was beautiful.

The service was amazing and the food was beautiful. The room was adequate size for a family of 4 and the facilities had tea, coffee and biscuits. The children could even access Netflix to keep them entertained whilst we were getting ready. Highly recommend 😊

Overall met our needs for an overnight stay, but with no frills.
    • Family Room

Only parking for a few cars and was very tight. Room could do with a bit of upgrading to match the lovely decor of the restaurant. Was very basic and the blinds were not black out.

The location was excellent.

Pleasant and basic.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Doors need oiling as squeaky and could hear others doors too. Very noisy bang of doors that woke me each morning as other guests were waking up. Also dustcart noise was disturbing. And hear the room next tv coming through the walls quite loud at 6 15 am Monday morning so I was awake then and couldn't go cal to sleep. Saturday night there was no where to park to I had to drive around and keep leaving my room as restaurant visitors had filled up th parking space and also blocked the entrance. So that was very inconvenient as I had to bring luggage in then go back out again and then go back out late at night etc. Would also have been nice if staff had carried my suitcase to my room. But the staff were helpful in helping me understand a difficult lock on my door. Also a cook gave me some fresh milk for my tea late Saturday night.

Nice basic room. Lovely linen on beds. Very comfortable bed.

Comfortable rooms.
    • Deluxe Double Room

small thing but no shower cap or body lotion. Found the shower difficult - very hot water. quite a long walk to the tube.

good breakfast. pleasant staff. separate entrance to restaurant. quiet and comfortable.

Enjoyable, but could have been better.
    • Family Room

Very difficult to find, as not visible whilst driving down road. Located behind Bentley dealership. Room a little basic, but OK for one night.

Excellent staff and food in restaurant.

The bedroom was compact buy had everything I needed...

The breakfast room was meant to open at 7.30. The door was looking Ed and I couldn't get in.I was then wondering around trying to find any staff with absolutely no luck. The breakfast room was eventually opened just before 8 but at that point it was too late for me to have the food is had paid for because I needs to leave.

The bedroom was compact buy had everything I needed including an iron. It was clean and we'll decorated. The WiFi was also good.

Great value and good food - but do something about the waste bins outside!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The waste bins at the back smelt awful and had a lot of flies around. Probably as they were overfull, so the lids could not be closed fully, and waste was on the ground. Does not leave a good impression as you drive off...

Good breakfast. Good value.

Ideal for a short town centre stays
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Car park was a little tight for the number of cars that wanted to use it. Noise from made by other guests as they opened and closed doors. Would have preferred own bathroom, but this was known to be unavailable.

Single bed that was very comfortable. Windows that opened easily to allow air to circulate. Proximity to local shops. The breakfast. Off-street parking in a quiet area.

Good but management could do better

A sewerage problem possibly not in the control of the hotel caused a bad smell Given the hotel was probably not to blame it still ruined our stay .The problem was Hotel management were casual and did not seem to be bothered about our comfort . A brief proactive explanation and an apology would have helped Maybe even a discount???? We were left feeling a bit unhappy about their attitude

I am not entirely sure I would book rooms here again if I had to return to the area.
    • Room with Four-Poster Bed

Not the easiest place to find. Directions given by staff not particularly helpful. Very noisy outside as had to open windows to cool the room down.

Breakfast was good

Comfortable room, with everything you need.

Only criticism would be some noise.

Comfortable room, with everything you need. Excellent shower room. Good breakfast and helpful staff. Value for money staying in London.

Good value.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a little too oily, but otherwise good with generous portions and freshly cooked.

Large room. Helpful staff. Great location if travelling by car. Restaurant was excellent.

Would certainly stay again

Parking was much appreciated, but it is very limited and you may have to pay for street parking.

Our visit coincided with a large evening party in the restaurant and, as compensation for the inevitable late night/early morning noise, I was offered an upgrade to their best room plus a bottle of wine on my early afternoon arrival. I accepted this and left, to return from a West End theatre, after 23:00. So my comments relate to our use of their best room. The restaurant and our room were smartly decorated and clean (a brief look into a room we were being upgraded from, gave me the impression that the same high standards existed throughout). The bed was very comfortable. The inclusive breakfast was good quality and choice (both the Continental and the Full English; the latter was cooked to order and piping hot). The Savoro is a walkable mile from the top end of the Northern tube line (High Barnet) and only a few miles from the M25 and as such is in a handy location.

Amazing staff & breakfast. Worst night sleep ever!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Noisy room, doors slamming, restaurant noise, kitchen noise, restaurant bins stank next to room. No curtains in room light wakes you early. Room was lovely but spoilt by noise, no sound proffing.

Good place to stay for a school reunion trip.

I can't manage the hair driers which you have to hold down to work! Would have liked porridge for breakfast.

Staying on my own I felt very safe. Staff were very obliging letting me leave my luggage before and after the stay so I could enjoy walking unencumbered. Also they were able to add an extra night at very short notice.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Lovely restaurant, excellent meal but the room was too small for double occupancy

The room for two people was very small. One side of the bed was pushed up against the wall which I think is unacceptable for a double occupancy room, fine for single though. No long mirror in the room and no long hanging space for a ladies dress in the wardrobe.

The food here is excellent. It is obviously a very popular restaurant and deserves to be. Cooked breakfast was excellent, I would have preferred more fruit like fresh grapefruit. The room was clean with lovely new shower room but I dint like fixed head showers. Fine if you are a tell man but not so good if you are short.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Noise from adjacent bedrooms - walls are paper thin. Poor quality furniture. Desk too small for business user. WiFi very poor. Hard to find.

Location. Spotless bathroom. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Reasonable rooms in good location.

The bed was very squeaky and wasn't particularly comfortable.

Initially difficult to find so had to phone for directions however the location was good for variety of restaurants etc.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Clean and practical accomodation
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

charged for three nights rather than two ass booked please amend before next weeks visit

good breakfast, clean room and sheets, clean bathroom, television worked