Reviews of MStay 39 Studios 4 stars

39 Queensborough Terrace, Westminster Borough, London, W2 3SY, United Kingdom

#290 of 1,490 Holiday rentals in London

Based on 1527 apartment reviews

• Triple Studio

The room was very small. With the kitchen tucked away in a cupboard. Very difficult to get suitcases into the appartment. Reception staff looked so bored, asking the extra teabags to be filled up every day, seemed a chore. It would be good to have English speaking people around.

• Double Studio

The floor was dirty when we arrived and had toe nails on it - I asked cleaner to come back in and she did and mopped floor quick but was a shame it hadn’t been done properly in the first place. She said that it’s the black floor that shows all the dirt!

Decor

• Triple Studio

No shaving point in bathroom. Kitchenette was a sink, microwave, kettle, toaster, plates, cups and cutlery inside a wardrobe. No hook on back of door for coats. Nowhere to sit other than bed and toilet! Nowhere comfortable to eat.

Great location. Excellent cleanliness. Daily room service. Nice toiletries. Lovely shower.

• Double Studio

Stupidly paid the full amount before we viewed the room. Whoever took the photos of the rooms for the web site and prepared the presentation deserves to be nominated for an Oscar. Nothing like we were expecting (and we had been staying in good quality hotel accommodation for the previous 5 weeks). Room was so small that it could barely accommodate the bed. No where to sit, and no where to put our cases. Reception staff did their best by relocating us to a slightly larger room - but in the basement and quite noisy.

Great shower. The best thing about the place. And a couple of the reception staff went out of their way to try to make our experience happier. None of the criticism is because of them.

• Double Studio

We had a bad experience with the arrangement of the baby cot. When we booked the studio I asked if a baby cot could be available and the answer was yes (I only had to confirm it without mentioning any timelines). When I confirmed it (a few days before the arrival) the response was that it was not possible because it did not fit into the studio. We had to sleep the 3 of us on the same doble bed for 3 days so it was not very convinient/comfortable! It was not exactly how we would have liked it to be!

The location is definitely great. The studio was very small and on the ground floor but it had a lot of facilities and the little space was well distributed. It is ok for a couple who plans to spend most of the time outside. Overall everything looked clean but I had to wipe some water spilled on the floor and the napkin was dirty.

• Double Studio

Rather odd to be asked for a cash deposit of £50 for the room. Only to be refunded it in the morning without checking the room. In other words a bit pointless.

Great size of room for London, close to tube, clean and excellent value for money. Perfect for either a brief stay on business or for tourism, especially if you are happy to self-cater, or find your own breakfast. Handy Pret a Manger round the corner!

• Double Studio

The room in the basement was a bit dark and rather noisy.

The location is great. The room was clean, the bathroom got a good shower, and overall the room got everything I needed.

• Family Studio

The room is too small for family and also we noted the hotel that we don't want a basement room when we booked the room. However, they just ignored it.

The location satisfied my mom's dream that nearby the Hyde Park. And the facilities are good to use.

• Double Studio

The bathroom is rather small, but very clean. The walls are thin and you can hear pretty much anything and if you have the window open cigar smoke will bother you (if you stay on the ground floor, because people from nearby buildings smoke on the pavement)

Everything went smoothly from check in to check out. Area is lovely, close to the tube, the staff was nice, attentive and very professional. Spacious room for London standards, small kitchenette has everything one could possibly need (even a Nespresso coffee machine) TV with Netflix, decent Wi-fi and comfortable bed.

• Triple Studio

Firstly, two Romanian receptionists were rather rude ladies. As you have to pass them on your way out, and they would just stare at you without saying hello. The triple studio room was falsely advertised as spacious. In reality it was impossible to live there with the baby, as the pram could only stay in the corridor - so we struggled to open the door all the time. They knew well in advance that three adults with the 3 month old baby were coming, however, failed to inform us that the room we booked simply couldn’t accommodate our family’s needs. Yes, we could have paid £15 for a cot per night, but there’s simply nowhere to put it! It’s like a double room with another single bed squeezed in. Also, the floors were extremely dirty and there was dust everywhere. So my baby daughter was sneezing all the time. And the view from our window was the wall of another building. I have never felt so robbed of my money. Would never go back again.

The only good thing about this hotel was its convenient location. Nice to go out for a walk to Kensington Gardens. The guy who worked at the reception was friendly and helpful as well.

• Family Studio

The room was abit small for 5 people our youngest daughter had to sleep in our bed. Not extra beds were allowed even though it was said to sleep 5 people

Hotel was very central and it was extremely clean.

• Family Studio

I booked as 4 adults I knew it was a studio but some of the rooms advertised had partition walls that’s what I was expecting but I got one room with a double and 2 singles this room was more of a family room, it should have stipulated one room when I was looking etc

Easy location nice friendly staff very clean

• Triple Studio

It was a very small apartment especially as there were 3 in the room. No room for a table or any chairs.

Location was good, between both Queensway & Bayswater underground stations, and less than 10 minute walk from Paddington station making it ideal if coming directly from Heathrow by train. Easy 20 minute walk to Marble Arch, Oxford Street and all London attractions.

• Double Studio

They deduct 50 pounds extra in case of damages???, they only do that after your booking and deducting the total amount of the reservation, and that done through an email just before arrival (no choice)

nothing much!!

• Double Studio

Extremely small room. Difficult to store and access luggage. Kitchen area hard to move around once doors open.

Close to transportation and restaurants. Nice shower.

• Double Studio

My room was on the bottom floor, and I could hear every toilet flush, shower water, people walking on the upper floor, on the stairs and outside my window on the stairs and on the street. Not a peaceful place to sleep unfortunately. The room was also very cold even with the heat turned up to 30 degrees celsius..

The room was nicely decorated, had a lot of space, a nice shower and a good kitchen cabinet. Location is great, quiet area right next to Hyde Park and close to Queensway underground station.

• Double Studio

The windows to the room are very thin. Could hear a lot of noise from the street below. (Late night and early morning)

Easy access. The room was small but just what we needed. Shower/bathroom was amazing, really good shower! Bed was cosy with plugs and lights switches on both the bed side tables. Great location, using Queensway tube (central line) as the main route in and out.

• Double Studio

Room was a bit tight and not much storage but I believe that is typical for UK. Worked really good since we were rarely in there.

Location was great and the rooms were really clean.

• Double Studio

Our studio was very nice and clean, everything was new and fresh. The kitchenette was equipped with a espresso machine, which was a bonus. We liked the big comfortable bed and location, close to metro, but in a quiet neighborhood. We stayed only for one night, but we really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend the place

• Double Studio

the wi-fi in room G-02 was quite slow and the signal was weak, but that's the way it is everywhere in London

bathroom was exceptional - great rain shower, no shower leaks on the floor, wardrobe with 6 hangers, comfy bed

• Double Studio

Basement room with staff walking past several times in the morning so no day light or no privacy when you are getting ready to leave for work.

Close to tube station. Everything was working in the room.

• Double Studio

Hygiene: hairs on the bed + in the shower. In the closet there was a bottle with lubricant gel from previous guests.

Location was perfect, also 24hours available reception :)

They told me a lie and never said sorry. I booked a studio 39 at the last minute at a discount price, but somehow a male receptionist led me to Mstay 43 which is a hotel next to Mstay 39 studio, owned by the same Mstay business entity. When they I thought the reception area was different from my studio, and as I really busy that day, I only found out some minutes later I booked a studio not a single room and I was allocated to a hotel single room! The reason they told me was a studio room is in maintenance and they need to fix it, and in that case there is nothing they can do but send me to a single room from a studio! I argued with the female receptionist and she kept saying that I need to talk with the manager and it's non-refundable. I told them the condition was different than in the booking contract so it was void, but she repeated the same thing in an angry face like a machine. The manager's email they gave me didn't work too. The manager didn't reply at all rudely until this day. That day I just walked out at 6PM, booking another hotel, feeling hugely offended. The booking.com people gave me a refund eventually. I think the business owner's philosophy of running this hotel should change and train the staff members accordingly.

It wasn't really clean when I looked closely at the floor I could see some dust and dirt like cement was rubbed and ground to the floor.

• Double Studio

It was advertised as free parking but when We got there, was told that this wasn’t the case and had to park round the corner in Queensway car park which cost us £30 to park for 24 hours! That was really annoying! I don’t know if it was false information on this website or false advertising from Studio 39. The room was smaller than expected but for our trip we just needed somewhere to shower and sleep so it did the job.

Liked the bed and tv on the wall, was really cosy. The location is just round the corner from Queensway underground station (central line) was great for getting to and from places

• Triple Studio

I wish the water pressure in the shower was better. Hard to wash out shampoo.

Very clean and comfy! Friendly staff! Great value. Awesome location, Hyde Park is right across the street.

房间里的家具棱角太硬,因房间比较小,被撞了好几次,提醒其他客人要注意一下。

The rooms are clean and tidy, the bedding is of good quality (the core is inferior and can be improved); the location is superb, Queensway, bayswater two subway stations are close to convenient travel. There are bus stops nearby, Oxford Street is also convenient; mini kitchen to facilitate their simple cooking, the key is not far from the supermarket can purchase fresh ingredients; go out is not far from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, walk and see Very comfortable shot. We stayed here for four nights, sincerely recommended. Another: Daniel is very reasonable attendants, for his care for him.

• Family Studio

I was in a basement room and there was virtually no internet access, so that lost you a high scoring. Please check the cleaning of the shower walls, mould between tiles.

The room and bed linen were clean. The shower was great, would stay there again! Location of hotel was convenient for my purposes.

• Family Studio

Shower was amazing lovely and warm. Room very quiet. We booked a 4 bedroom for 3 of us. Double bed was a little smaller than we are used to but we all had a bed each. Perfect Really easy to get to the tube from Bayswater or Queensway. Tubes easy to tackle with a free app. Not many restaurants near by that we used McDonald’s and Burger King. Tesco’s express and Sainsbury’s local near Bayswater underground. Found a beautiful bakery for croissants for breakfast. A short walk from Diana memorial park our son loved it. Very safe for him to explore alone.

• Double Studio

Style was modern and very hip.

Nice location, very close to the Queensway tube, 5 mins walk. Quiet street, clos3 to a beautiful park. The apartment was very modern and cool. It was compact and neat . The only concern was that the person above me was loud and walked up and down for hours so I couldn’t sleep. The shower was great, water pressure, you could cook and prepare light snacks. It had all the amenities. No view as I was basement level, it didn’t matter too much as I was there for 1 night and sightseeing. Great value for London!!

• Double Studio

If you are at the front of the building, Queensborough Terrace can be noisy at night.

Everything just fine and good value for money. The bedroom floor needed to be cleaner and the staff tended to leave things on the stairs which is dangerous. Bed was comfortable, water hot, the shower worked. We are very likely to stay here again.

Every thing was good

Close to paddington station good position over all. Spacious room for 4 everything you could need. Clean and tidy well thought out Friendly and helpfull staff Lift

• Double Studio

The floor in the room wasn’t well cleaned.

The location was great, the hostess was warm and welcoming. The property looked clean well maintained which is very important for me.

• Double Studio

Door didn’t lock from inside.

It was amazing value for money and had some great little touches like a desk and chair and two nespresso coffee pods with fresh milk. I booked it because it was good value so expected it to be average and whilst it was basic it was very clean, comfortable and functional. Hairdryer, iron, great shower. I would definitely stay again.

• Double Studio

-The room floor looked sticky and dirty even after cleaning. -Everymorning around 9 they try to come or call to clean the room -Most annoying was bad sound isolation of the window. We heart everything from the street.

The location is super easy.

• Family Studio

couldn't get into room when we arrived, this was a gift for Christmas and my mum had booked and paid the room, we didn't have her credit card. The hotel wouldn't let us check in until we got a photo of my mums card. Despite the hotel being paid for.

• Double Studio

I can't say there was something to not like.

It was very clean and comfortable, very close to two tube stations (Bayswater and Queensway), easy access from the airport. Very friendly and polite stuff. Generally value for money.

• Double Studio

Far too small! We managed for 1 night but it was like being in a prison cell. The bed was hard and too small and it was pretty claustrophobic!

Good central location for Paddington station and site seeing in London. Clean room with cooking facilities.

• Double Studio

The bed and duvet was totally uncomfortable.. the duvet filling was scattered having empty patches.. not good at all. Needs a changed.

The kitchen facility was excellent.

• Double Studio

When you read the description and book this hotel, first you believe you are booking an apartment not a hotel. Second, you believe you booking a studio flat. I arrived to number 37 and was informed that actually was gonna stay at number 43. After doing the check in I went up to the “double studio” I had booked and find myself in just a small hotel room! I was already not happy about it! Later on a nasty smell starts coming from the bathroom! We try to wait and see if the smell would go away, but no! We spoke to the night receptionist regarding the smell and the misleading information on the website! He was very apologetic and went downstairs to call his manager. Finally he offers us a different room, and moved us from the 5th floor to the -1. At least it was a double studio, without natural light and a view to a dirty patio filled with bottles of water.... and to complete, after all this, I requested for late check out and immediately was denied to me! I went to the reception in person and the receptionist refuse again to allow me to check out later. But offer me the chance to stay later for an extra £15 per hour! Bare in mind I paid £79 per night.... so after paying extra £30 we were allowed to check out at 2pm! To me just show that they could perfectly had check out later, but this way, we paid for it. On the day we were leaving and I went to the receptionist I asked how could I complain about my stay, the girl didn’t even ask me why I was complaining, or if she could help any way.... awful customer service! All this was wrote in an email to the hotel on the 13/01, until now, no answer.

The night receptionist was very polite and attentive. And even though it wasn’t his fault at all the misleading information he apologised for it!

• Family Studio

The room wasn’t very clean at all and we were very disappointed to discover a pair of dirty ladies underwear under the bed the following morning. We brought this to the attention of the cleaner and the reception staff who did not appear to be concerned or apologetic.

The hotel and its location was great. The room had everything we wanted and was comfortable.

• Triple Studio

the room was tiny and looked as if it was way bigger, 3 had to share a room which was made on images to look a lot larger.

little biscuits in the cupboard in the room was a very lovely little touch.

• Double Studio

The room is too small. For the couple of nights it would be a good place to stay, but for 6 days in winter time - it was not comfortable. Basically you can't sit anywhere but on bed. There is only enough space to get around the bed. I read that the room is small, but I couldn't even imagine how small it is.

Clean hotel, good price, kitchenette, very good shower

• Family Studio

Our complimentary Netflix didn’t work and when we called reception, she told us she was new and would call someone, no one came back to us and it didn’t get fixed. Also my cousin said she walked into the toilet around 7am and saw a cockroach so walked straight back out. The rest of us didn’t see any bugs around and couldn’t find the cockroach so we were a bit on edge while packing.

It was really easy to check in and out & having two TVs in the family room was great. The beds and pillows were really comfy & it was a great area to stay in.

• Double Studio

Searched for properties with parking, this came up because I thought parking was available, but it wasn’t. It then had to pay a extra £32 on top of my trip. I also arrived to find that if I would have booked on the day I would have saved £30 and no one would help considering I said; “I was told parking was included”. But I had my son so I wasn’t prepared to argue. The bed was so hard and I am now suffering from a bad back.

The space was small but very well thought out.

• Family Studio

Beds are a little on the hard side for my liking but would still stay here again

Great location for us as we were visiting Winter Wonderland, staff were really pleasant and even managed to check us in early.

• Double Studio

The room was tiny. The word apartment is misleading, the bed was old and needed replacing, The floors were dirty. I wish I booked a travel lodge if I am honest as at least I would've got the value for money. Not impressed

The staff were friendly and location was 5 minutes walk to the underground

• Family Studio

Room was clean and were done daily. Shower was great plenty of hot water for family of four , Beds were comfy and the heating system worked.Small fridge was much welcome, also the complementary coffee .Netflix channels on the tv bonus . Wifi coverage was good

• Double Studio

Room was smaller than we thought it would be, but was still very nice.

The shower was amazing! Although the room was very small, they did make great use of the space.

• Double Studio

Depending on your neighbors could be noisy.

Very nice bathroom, modern decoration, comfortable beds, convenient kitchenette, window to open for fresh air, good enough WiFi ,close to two underground stations and small marketplace.

• Double Studio

Room was far too small. Insufficient space to move round the bed without bumping toes / legs . Only possible to get dressed in bathroom as bedroom area too small for this. Kitchen appliances / kettle not practical to use in the cupboard arrangement it was stored in.

• Double Studio

Staff were mostly unfriendly. I asked for a quiet room but the housekeepers cupboard was next to it and they were noisy very early. Checking out was disappointing, they didn't ask how it was or even do anything, just took the key card and was silent. Terrible service.

• Triple Studio

Room was a little small and cramped for 2 adults and 2 children.

The room was very clean and modern and had all the facilities we needed, including bonus extras such as Netflix, You Tube and Now TV etc. Rain shower was lovely and kitchenette was very useful and handy to have.

• Double Studio

Space a bit tight around bed area. Would have been nice to have had space for an armchair, rather than having only the bed to use for seating.

Ideal to have cooking facilities, which saves money and trying to find a suitable restaurant.

The room is very small

Recently renovated, comfy bed, Nice bathroom with rainshower and producers for bath. Great location to metro, hyde park and notting Hill.

• Double Studio

the smell of cleaning stuff was overpowering, and you could not air the room very well. But that was the only Thing, everything else was good.

The bathroom and shower are very modern and good. Good public Transport, both tube and buses.

• Double Studio

Cramped for two people. Noisy area - kept awake at night by neighbor’s party, woken by neighbors having sex

Modern design, kitchenette included, close to three Tube lines and lots of restaurants

• Triple Studio

On arrival, I was asked for my ID, which I presented. I was then asked to present the card which I payed using and money already taken out from the card. I then realised my wallet has been left in the car, parked couple of blocks away. My wife offered her cards but the receptionist insisted "incase the card used was a stolen card!" My wife and our son then walked in the rain at about 11:30pm back to the car park to fetch the wallet. Very very disappointing!!

Shower head in the bathroom is awesome! Beds were comfortable and mini kitchen a bonus - space used to perfection. It was "unbelievable clean!"

• Triple Studio

The room is too small. There isn't enough space even to put our luggage. Not suitable for a family of 3. Although there is kitchen facilities, they are all stored in a cupboard. There is no place to sit and eat except on your beds.

The room is very clean and modern. There is a lift.

• Double Studio

I would have liked to have some facilities to facilitate business. E.g. a business centre.

The room was clean and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful

• Double Studio

The only thing I could fault was a loose fitting on the pull down shelf beneath the television.

The room was spotlessly clean and the location absolutely what we were looking for - within easy walking distance of the Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace and the Palace of Westminster.

• Double Studio

We stayed there twice. The first room was adequate. The second one was miniscule, barely room to get two suitcases in, let alone open them. We stayed in over a dozen hotel rooms in our UK stay and this was the smallest! Studio? what is that?As far as the facilities are concerned- not even a tea towel to dry dishes (Doing dishes was not considered part of room servicing). They were amazed that a bit of salt and pepper should be provided along with the few sachets of tea and coffee etc.

The shower was excellent.

• Family Studio

We (a couple with two (late) teens) did not like being on the basement level. Moreover, the distance from the end of the bed to the wall was less than 1/2 meter (if that). The desk was a fold-out from the wall tv, which blocked views of the tv while I worked at the desk. The pictures on the internet gave me the impression that there would be two separate, if small, rooms. We all shared one room, and one room designed for at most two people at that. If this is a problem for you, ask in advance for a room that is NOT on the basement level.

The bed was super comfortable and all fixtures, both in the bedroom and bathroom, were very stylish, very elegant without being overstated. The kitchenette was especially nice. We loved being able to wash our fruit and use the refrigerator!

• Double Studio

Proximity to Hyde Park for the proms and still within walkable distance to many attractions Studio was small but very modern and space was used very efficiently. Facilities were very modern and high quality.

• Triple Studio

Rooms are a bit small for three people.

The location is great just beside the Hyde park. Also, it's a great place to stay if you'd like to go to the Notting hill carnival! Besides the staff are very friendly and helpful and they also provide luggage deposit service. Rooms are small but very well equipped and neat.

• Double Studio

Small amount of noise from the Underground but not enough to stop you sleeping and we were in the basement.

Excellent location. Helpful staff. Comfortable room with excellent shower room. Ideal for a short apartment stay in central London.

• Double Studio

Confused location. The hotel has two different entrances, which looks really similar. One is 43, another is 39. My booking is 39, however,when I was arrived, I just walk in to 43, because I can see the Mstay hotel logo on the window. There is not any sign with 39 Mstay. The reception at 43 gave me wrong direction, the staff said I have to walk down and need to pass two buildings. I waste my time to find out 39, coz the wrong description, cannot find it. When I call the service number, the staff who anwered my call from 39, she is impatient at all to answer my call and listen to what I am concerned. Fair experience.

The shower room is great

• Double Studio

Our double room was tiny. Really only a bed and a passageway between the door and the bed so no place to lay out luggage other than along the passageway. There is no lobby or cafe on the property. That being said, there are plenty of places to eat nearby.

This property is about a 10 minute walk from Paddington Station and only 3 minutes to Kensington Gardens. The check in was friendly and effecient. The bed was excellent and the room was very clean. This property is basically small studio apartments. Functional for an overnight stay but would be too small for a longer term visit.

Room were bit tight

Location was excellent and staff are very helpful. Close to queensway Metro Station and to my favorite breakfast place "PRET"

• Double Studio

Would have liked a bit more space.

Although the room was tiny, it was extremely well planned out, with good mirrors, power points, desk etc. The shower was amazing!

• Triple Studio

Rooms are small so keep in mind the size of your luggage. Having said that, it was modern, extremely clean and location is perfect. Right near Hyde Park.

Parking our hire car was easy, economical and within walking distance to accommodation even with large suitcases. A huge plus for London. Laundry service pick up and drop off was super easy and convenient.

• Double Studio

a bit noisy, found a couple of hairs in my bed which were not mine, a bit chilly inside the room

very clean and modern, very handy, confortable bed, great shower, great TV, small but very well organised

• Double Studio

Although apartment is self contained, the kitchen is located in a cupboard in the narrow corridor between door and bed so a little difficult to cook proper meal. Was fine for one night and soace to prepare bread.

Location great for accessing underground and in central london, kensington gardens. Self contained.

• Double Studio

The size of the room which was designed for 2 people was the size of a double bed with 2ft around the edge. It was so small that the collapsable plastic chair could not be used at the collapsable desk at the end of the bed. There was minimal to no room for luggage. The cupboard kitchen had the plug sites under the sink so you had to use the kettle and toaster at floor level under the sink.

The location. The bathroom.

• Double Studio

if anything the room was a little small, but I'm just being picky!

close to the centre, opposite Hyde Park, near an underground... what's not to like

• Family Studio

Very centrally located and close to public transport. Even hop on hopoff bus tour has a stop there so for a visitor traveling to London first time , this is a very good location. It's less than 5 minutes walk to Kensington gardens and palace. Staff were very cordial and helped us a lot. Rooms were clean, and cleaned everyday. No complaints what so ever

Browse MStay 39 Studios traveller photo gallery