Reviews of MStay Hotel 43 3 stars

43 Queensborough Terrace, Westminster Borough, London, W2 3SY, United Kingdom

#519 of 977 hotels in London

The small washbasin with a glass shelf over it - extremely difficult to use without flooding the bathroom.

Good location (just off the Bayswater Road and very close to Kensington Gardens). Nearest tube is probably Queensway. Overall the room was clean, compact and comfortable. The lift was useful as we were on the 5th floor. Self service breakfast is served in the basement breakfast room. The luggage store was also very useful on our final day.

The room was very small and there wasn’t much storage space.

The location was great and the staff very kind and helpful. Our bed was comfortable and wifi signal very good.

The Treatment from the Receptionist was horrible. On Check-out day, I was supposed to be out at 12. I was woken by the reception staff & told her I'll get ready & come out. While I was taking a shower, someone kept knocking at the door, so I quickly came out the shower in order to put my clothes on. Receptionist knocked at the door and threatened me to get out of the room within 5 minutes in a very disrespectful tone. It was then I realised, my rights as a hotel customer was violated. I personally won't stay at this hotel & will definitely forward my complaints directly to the owner.

Location was not bad, close to Hyde Park.

Room was nearly under stairs so that it was noisy ,dark, and smells old. Staff in reception wasn't helpfull. i had needed an ironing service. she hasn't helped. there were iron machine in room but table and room was so small and it took nearly one hour to iron one shirt.

Breakfast and Location were good, generally clean.

We didn’t like how little space is left in the room around the bed. The room was unexpectedly small. We did not like the view and the fact that there was no window screen for bugs or mice. The inner courtyard looked terrible so we didn’t open the window for fear of critters. The bathrooms are very tiny for being in the room for 1 week.

Everything was clean and tidy all the time. The staff was friendly and polite. We loved the location because it was close to the tube stations.

Stairways and corridors were looking a little tired. Cleaners equipment left on the stairs overnight. Lots of clutter in Reception (cardboard boxes, packaging etc..). The adjoining property was a bit scruffy with several people continually smoking in front of the hotel.

Comfortable stay and reasonable value for money for central London. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Great location, facing Kensington Gardens. Good bathroom and shower. Friendly and efficient staff.

The room could have been a bit bigger so that you could fit your suitcase open.

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. The room was small but totally fine, bed very comfy! Who goes to London to hangout in their hotel room anyway. Right by Hyde Park and 3 minutes to the Underground. We had the best of times in London!

The room was not perfectly cosy on very cold days, window not well isolated. Furniture needs some refreshments.

Breakfast was a good variety buffet, perfect location.

The room was tiny, I mean very small, if you were not in the bathroom you had to sit on the bed.

The position near Hyde Park and Notting Hill was great. The fixtures and fittings of the room were near to new.

Room was quite small and there wasn’t much room for the suitcases.

Very good location. Helpful staff. Good breakfast. As we were on the 1st floor the lift was very welcome.

It's basic, but after all it's just a 3* so you get what you pay for. Bed was comfortable, but it was noisy through the walls and with people outside. It's not flash, not at all, but served a purpose.

Some of the furniture had taken a few knocks, it was a single room not much space but was all I needed for one night.

Single room on 3rd floor over looking private housing. I was surprised at how quiet it was and slept very well. Location is excellent, Kensington gardens just a metres away and close to tube. Midday check out was helpful.

bathroom door kept sticking when you closed it so was hard to get out of room after using bathroom just needed a little wd40 squirted on or a little wood shaved off door. did report problem to reception when we checked out. would have preferred 3 single beds instead of I single and a double but it was ok

clean comfy beds, lovely shower great location

Clean hotel recently refurbished , everything went well, nothing to complain about.Helpful staff very quiet room. 6mins walk to Queensway or Bayswater tube.

Room located opposite the breakfast room, noise from 5.30am with staff setting up for breakfast. Sounded as though everyone coming for breakfast was in our room. Great to have a late check out but pointless when you can't sleep in

Convenient location for getting around London. Simple but effective room & plenty supply of tea and coffee. The soap and shampoo were a nice touch. Staff very helpful.

The TV in my room wouldn't come on. A staff member played with the wires until it came on and said that maintenance were aware there was a problem and that it was an old TV. In a single room I would expect it to work.

Staff were friendly and helpful. My room was very clean.

Mattress was very soft and bouncy Loo was so far off far off the floor feet were dangling mid air Shower doors didn’t close Room smallish Water delivery placed outside our window and when it rained the noise of the water bouncing on the plastic wrapping was intolerable

Ensuite bathroom Great toiletries Good tea and coffee selection Clean bedding Clean towels and changed daily Great location near tube Great value for money

Location, snug and cozy feel of the place, wonderful staff

This is a great little hotel in a wonderful location. Ignored the complaints of some reviews. Yes the room is small but at this price in London that is what you will get. The room is perfect for those who travel light and understand you only need a clean, quiet, safe and friendly place to sleep after a day of seeing London. Great location, cheap eats near by and all of Hyde Park across the road.

It is a great pity that the breakfast was not at a competitive price compared to the surrounding cafes, and a huge disappointment that they had no lactose free milk, which I could find in most other places.

The room was perfect, spacious enough, warm and clean. The rain shower was a super bonus and a lovely way to wake up.

the breakfast is very overrated in the booking.com. I think they should improve their breakfast or improve the information on the booking.com.

Location (you are 5-7 minutes walk away from two underground stations [district, circle, and central lines) and the staff was very good. The cleanness of the room was very good as well as the amenities.

Not applicable

We had to book a hotel for the night and we were worried about the quality because of the price, we were stuck in London for the night as no trains were going to Kent, location was perfect for Oxford Street

The location was further from the city then I thought, 30min tram ride or 15 min train ride (6 stations from the city center)

The rooms are great with clean and modern bathrooms

Room sizes a bit small, décor basic, bland and tired. Furniture dated and somewhat worn out. Sash window broken hence difficult to open. Some light bulbs in bathroom not working. Attention to small but important details in room maintenance lacking. Some rooms located adjacent or very close to hotel lift, hence lift operation noises can be heard inside room.

Great location for Hyde Park and other attractions in the vicinity and access to Queensway Underground station only 5 minutes walk away. Cleanliness of room and hotel in general very good. Reception staff friendly, helpful, efficient and very accommodating. 24 hours reception. Complimentary Tea and Coffee facilities provided in room and also in Reception area. Complimentary shower gels, body lotion, soaps and personal room slippers. Nice white towels. General cleanliness and hygiene very good.

• Family Room

The only improvement I can think of is more space to hang clothes in the room and towels in the bathroom. We stayed in a family room and with 4 of us there was not enough space to hang coats or clothes and nowhere to dry all 4 towels.

Modern and clean room. The family room had a great layout for a family with 2 teenagers. Great breakfast with friendly staff. 24h reception if you would need something and also secure luggage storage. Super location near 3 tube stations. On Valentine's day the hotel had put a cute teddy displayed on our bed with a Valentine's card -thank you for this nice gesture! We would stay here again anytime, the hotel exceeded the standard of London hotels in this price range.

I was next to the lift so I could hear the lift running from time to time

Good location, nice room, could access Amazon Prime via the TV so could watch a movie too. Good shower too

could not lock my room from the inside... could improve wifi speed.

comfy bed, great room temperature, loved the shower and simple decoration. very clean. great location. Quiet room. it was perfect for what I needed.

Small double bed in a large room, poor sound proofing could hear noise from adjacent rooms and corridor.

Clean room, nice shower, friendly helpful staff continued to be helpful after checked out. ok breakfast.

No lamps or low lighting in the room, was a bit noisy at times, bathroom shelf just above the small sink which made washing my face and brushing my teeth a bit awkward, the room we were given looked different to the one I saw online (we were in the basement), no plug socket near the mirror

Good location (close to Queensway and Bayswater stations), friendly Receptionist, easy check-in, cleanliness, nice bathroom and shower, room had enough space for 2 people

windows closing/ not enough air proofed

Free 24/7 access to drinkable water in reception. Smoking free, still smoking easy (just outside the main entrance)

Dear Booking . com! My husband and myself spent in the MStay Hotel 43 4 nights from January 6 until January 10th morning. We were lodging the room 402. We were leaving the hotel at 12. 30 pm on 10th January to extend our trip out of UK. .I do not want to describe our stay and service because the awful accident was happened with us in the hotel . My bottle of perfume was stolen from my suitcase. The perfume is Shalimar ,Guerlain (50ml). I was using this perfume on the morning January 9th before cleaning our room.Than we did excursion in London. But I did not use later perfume on and I found that the bottle is not at the place when we left already the hotel on January 10th.I did not expect that your Service can still things of guests and very unfortunately I did not close suitcase during our stay. However suitcase was under the bad! The only cleaning Service can get this.Fortunately I was keeping money in the safe but it is horrible that I havd to keep in the safe perfume and cosmetics. It is horrible!!! You have to change Cleaning Ladies.I think that the only Cleaning Ladies can still my perfume. It was happening in the morning ( afternoon ) on January 9th. Nobody came to visit us for these days!! Only Cleaning Service can enter to the room who is working also for breakfast. I intend to apply to Police when I will be back to London. Also I would like to inform Booking.com about these events in this hotel. They are asking my opinion today about this stay. What I can say ??? Certainly I inform them! I never met such events in the Hotels of London. . However you have to look carefully who is serving in the hotel !! It is awful to have Robberies among hotel service. I am waiting for your answer and I appreciate it. Yours, Prof. Dr. Olga Lavrik and my husband Prof. Dr. Nikolai Lavrik

It is impossible to stay there !!! See our letter to Manager!

Everything was perfect. The price, the location and the staff was excellent. The bathroom was really good. It was really quiet and we were able to relax really well.

The staff at the reception was not friendly at all took payment and that was it , Room was tiny especially paying £558 to stay there Had one double bed and a single bed for 5 guests It was dirty inside the room dust everywhere shower not clean. Wouldn’t stay here again.

that it had a television

For the price we paid for the night nothing really, would definitely come back on other occasion.

Good location, nice comfortable room with all you might need for a comfortable stay. Comfortle beds, nice big smart TV and fast Internet. The sweetest girls at the reception :)

Expectations not met for price paid. Staff could have been more cheerful. The pictures online are quite misleading and give the impression of a bigger room space and properly equipped.

Breakfast was nice. Location was good.

There was some building noise in the morning but this did not start until 9.30am and was only faint

The room was modern, clean and met our need fully, the bathroom was well laid out and the waterfall shower was great after a long day walking around London ( with plenty of room for two).

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

I was in the basement which is beside breakfast room so a little noisy.

Basic hotel but clean and comfy with recently kitted out bathroom and heating controlled in the room, good breakfast, close to the underground station and Paddington and Hyde Park

This hotel has the potential to be excellent but it needs a lick of paint in the rooms and new blinds. The hot breakfast was cold. Maria on reception is a lovely girl very helpful. If the rest of the hotel was kept as well as the reception it would be amazing.

The shower in the bathroom is very good and the decor is modern.

Mattress in the bedroom could have been better. Had to keep the blind down as no privacy if open. Our room was next to the lift on the ground floor and we could hear people waiting for the lift and the hoover went on outside quite early.

Location was excellent, short walk from the nearest tube and nice walk to Hyde Park and local shops, staff friendly on check in and great value for money for the location and time of year. Room was clean and made up on arrival. Check out time was long enough to get ready for the day. Rooms are small but enough for a 1 night stay.

Miserable dining waiter. Breakfast only warm. Room a touch on the small side, with no view.

Greeting and payment staff 10/10. We were able to walk to Little Venice, Portobello and Notting Hill area, Kensington Palace and Hyde Park quite easily.

Local area is a little run down but there is great access to transport and shops, bars and restaurants nearby

For a low cost hotel in London I was pleasantly surprised. Staff where professional and my stay was comfortable. Nice shower.

Area safe to walk around. Very central after 10 minute walk. Hotel spotlessly clean. Staff so friendly and helpful. No curfew. Can come and go as if your own home. Single room small but adequate. Extra radiator in room though wasn't needed. Would look to stay again if back In London. No disturbing night time noise.

Just renovated, it features small rooms but perfectly appointed, with amenities of good quality. Details are well taken care of, wifi is good and the smart TV features free Netflix and Prime Video. The qyality VS money ratio is definitely positive!

Noisy room, the walls need to be painted, weak wi-fi signal

Good location, very close to metro station, friendly staff, simple but good breakfast, clean room.

Standard of painting of the window frames! Has to be seen to be believed. Someone didn't know about masking tape! Didn't really matter but it cheapened the appearance of an otherwise reasonably decorated room. Horrible yogurts at breakfast.

Quiet and clean. Compact but everything available. Tiny but good ensuite. Nothing to complain about at all. Liked the fact that the road was safe with lots of other hotels but very close to the vibrant Queensway and to Kensington Gardens.

Very close to bus stops for piccadilly circus and Westminster. and a short walk to queensway underground. restaurants close by, short walk to hyde park

Lift wasn't,t working or was just really slow/ stairs very steep to top floor

We were given a family's room on arrival we travelled with friends they had a separate room on top floor - lifts didn't, seem to be working - our room was clean/spacious overlooking street - our friends room they said was quite small and they said smelt musty - they were situated at back Overall hotel was good value and walking distance to most attractions in London - we would return again, but I would probably book a family room

Breakfast was continental,with relatively little choice. Room seemed not to be in use very often, as it was smelling from the sewer. Lettinc run the water for a couple of minutes solved the issue.

Bathroom freshly renovated, bed comfortable

The room was dirty and old (traces of blood on the bed, dirty walls, floor full of rows, holes on the walls, old fornitures), poor breakfast

Excellent position , toilets recently renewed

The room wasn't as clean as I would have liked. Dirty window sills and area between shower and toilet still had someone else's hair lying there! View out window was of pigeon poo in netting! Also needed a lick of paint.

Staff lovely and helpful. Did soft boiled eggs at our request which were lovely. Excellent location. Plenty tea/coffee in the room and complimentary bottled water in the room was a lovely touch.

We asked about laundry facilities on the first day and were told there weren't any. On the last day we found out that there was a laundry service where laundry could be sent away to be done and returned within 24 hours. It was too late by then for us to use the laundry service. It would have been good to have got some laundry done.

Good location near Hyde Park. Close to buses and trains. Comfortable bed. Quiet location. Helpful staff. Delicious breakfast included in the price :-)

Stayed for 3 nights and the breakfast was the same everyday. Wish there was variety. Bathroom was tight. And when you open the door, it's too close to the bed.

Location was perfect.

The window view, might have been better with no window at all, as overlooking other rooms.

Given ground floor room, for disabled child as requested, was small, but perfect for our needs. View was a bit grim, but it was just for one night, breakfast was fresh and very good choices, wifi, tv, coffee facilities, air con. and shower all very good. value for money I would rate as excellent and will use again.

No room information to advise tea & coffee making facilities kept inside the wardrobe! We only found out on departure

Great refurbished room, lovely shower

Breakfast options very limited.

Location is great, across the street is Kensington Gardens , Noting Hill, Oxford Street very close. Central and Circle lines are close so it’s very easy to go to main attractions. I’ve stayed twice at this location and is good value for money. Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The staff seem to European and don't know anything. About London or surrounding area. Breakfast was only cheese meat and some cereals,. Could have had some fresh fruit room was quite small for price but probably because it is terrace house converted

The location close to 2 subways and lots of restaurants close as well as supermarkets . Close to Paddington statipn

The room was really too small and the door of the bath was very close to the bed! So the room was not confortable for these reasons. Even if the bath was nice and very clean.

The bath was new and very clean and the breakfast very good!

Location was on a quiet road. The rooms were clean and facilities was complete. The road next to it has plenty of restaurants and 2 underground stations to different lines.

Upon my check in on July 27 I advised reception there was no remote control in my room. She told me to use the pushbutton on the equipment. I was doing like this for 4 days. On my checkout nobody said anything to us. When I arrived home I received email stating they had deducted 100 pounds due to missing a/c remote control. I asked refund for them and explained the situation but nodoby replied. .Now i'm spending money taking them to the court. Avoid this place at all costs. Besides it is really noise and breakfast is horrible!!! A lot of better hotels in the same street.

there was no service in our room but we were in the basement so it was expected.

bed was comfy, room was spacious, bathroom was pretty and location was great! walked 5-10 to tesco and the cinema.

Staff, bed frame was ripped and worn, the pictures looked much better then reality. I had a death in the family and had to cut our vacation short. We were booked for 3 days, but needed to cut the trip short 1 day. Upon check in, i explained this. Two of the staff members said it wouldn't be a problem. The next day, we were told management would not accommodate us and did not want to credit us the 1 day. In a time of grief they added frustration.

Location, elevator, air conditioner

• Family Room

Lift out entire stay and had to carry luggage up and down four flights of steep stairs and no help offered. Staff is not skilled at all in hospitality. Hotel noisy. No apologies from staff after all of this. They acted as if they could have cared less. Bathroom tiny and sink not even big enough to hold tolietries. I plan to complain to chain itself. I would never recommend this place.

Location. Room clean

The street that the hotel is on is filled with over flowing bin bags and rubbish. There was a lot of dog poo on the pavement as well. Not in the hotels control but was not pleasant.

The room was clean and functional. The hair dryers are amazing.

Clean and comfortable room. We stayed in a triple room and there was enough space for us to open our luggage on the floor and move around the room. Ironing facilities available in the room and there were several plug points as well. Great location with a short walk to bus and tube station (Queensway/Bayswater). We arrived early and the friendly staff let us leave our luggage at the reception. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this hotel.

Breakfast disappointing - small selection of cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs. Overall expensive.

Good air conditioning in room, nice quiet location, comfortable bed.

Can't think of anything at this point.

What did I like? The compactness of the room-I didn't need a huge room and in fact, this was bigger than I expected (though it would have been a tight squeeze for two people with more than two bags-FYI-bags go on the floor and there is no dresser). Bed was very comfortable and the room bright. I was on the 3rd floor at the front. Individual room temperature control too. I found the staff to be helpful and they kindly let me and others leave their luggage (if we arrived too early or were leaving London much later in the day). Located 1/2 block from the NW corner of Hyde Park off Bayswater. Near Kensington Gardens and Palace, Nottinghill, Knightsbridge, and the Queensway tube stop. What's not to like about that! Very quiet street. I've already recommended it to a friend who was looking for a basic place to stay in London. Great for experienced travellers who don't need fancy digs. I did not sign up for breakfast so I can't comment on this but I did boil water in my room and put two packets of the instant coffee into a mug to get a normal coffee flavour for me. It worked! O, and I used the safe, which clearly had not been used in a long while because in the end, it needed new batteries to replace the corroded ones. Hotel staff very helpfully fixed this problem in no time. For sure, I would stay here again.

The room was extremely hot and stuffy. The windows were locked shut. We could not get the air-con to work so called reception. The receptionist came and explained it would take 10/15 mins to kick in -but it didn't. We had a very uncomfortable sticky night.

It was clean, convenient and friendly staff.

We're given key to wrong room on check in and disturbed occupants. Bed mattress and one pillow very thin. Located next to stairs and breakfast room, so noisy. Felt expensive for what provided.

Location for purpose of trip and proximity to tube.

Very cramped , given a room on the hallway , too noisy and people kept trying to enter the room , very expensive for what we had , wouldn't stay again

The shower was very modern and room was clean

May have been us but the air con blew out warm air as opposed to cold, no remote for the air con either. Lift didn't seem to work , we called it several times and never came.

Breakfast was good. Hotel very clean and tidy. Great location.

Lack of power points, had to put kettle on floor to plug it in and move table out from the wall to use only other socket. Room a little small but okay for a short stay.

Clean, comfortable bed, nice bathroom and shower. Breakfast staff helpful and efficient.

The one downside is beyond the control of the hotel. The Queensway tube station is kind of a pain to use, and the Central Line is super crowded. (Again, not their fault, but something travelers might want to know.)

This was a really nice, no-frills hotel. Everything was clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful. There are several good places for breakfast and convenience shopping within walking distance, and it's a few steps to Kensington Gardens.

Very small room, nowhere to put luggage. Knocked my leg on the sharp corner of the bed twice, trying to squeeze round to my side. The other couple travelling with us had a bigger room, However, the location makes up for the size. It is very central and close to tube and HOHO bus stop. Staff were very accomodating and stored our suitcases for us after we checked out. I would definitely stay here again.

Excellent shower, comfortable bed. No traffic noise, very quiet.

The reception was closed on arrival with a note saying back in 5 minutes

Air conditioning was fantastic, easily controlled and silent. A must on the hottest day of the year I slept like a baby.

If I have to nit pick the minor faults are: The room was a bit bare with no pictures at all on the wall, it was quite clinical and could do with a bit more 'warmth'. it also needed a touch of paint around the windows as a small area was flaking off and the wardrobe was a bit dated.

I booked a double room for one night at the last minute for £73, and was upgraded to a Triple when I arrived. I partly booked this hotel as it had late check out at 12pm and when I arrived I asked if I could stay a bit later and the Manager said this was OK until 12.30 and she wouldnt charge me extra. All the reception staff were very helpful. The room was spacious with a large window overlooking the street (I had requested a street view). It was clean and tidy and the shower was excellent. The mattresses were very comfortable and the room had a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. The wi-fi worked well, as did the air conditioning. The location is good just a 5 minute walk from Bayswater and Queensway tube, loads of good restaurants and bars in this area. The hotel and street was really quiet at night which was great as I had recently stayed in Edgware Road which was noisy all night. After I checked out I was able to leave my luggage for free at the hotel. I did not have breakfast so cant comment on this. I would stay here again if I got a good price as budget is always a consideration for me.

The hotel was in a great location, nearby two tube stops. The staff were very friendly and let us drop our bags off early. Loved the proximity to Hyde park for our daughter. Lots of restaurants nearby too.

Browse MStay Hotel 43 traveller photo gallery