Reviews of Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences 5 stars

9.7

9.7

Luxury in London!
    • Kings Three Bedroom Suite

Incredible staff and attention to detail, gifts for the kids on arrival, easy walk to Buckingham Palace and Westminster Cathedral, beautifully cleaned each day.

location.
    • Kings Junior Suite

difficult to find it in.the evening. it is difficult for car entetry. traffic at the gate.housekeeping service is not.standard. one day..turndown seevice was after nine clock.the key did.not work.three times in my four day.stay.the kitchen is big.and the bed room.is small

location.is good. coceiage is excellent

The locaton and staff are exceptional.
    • Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

The staff is absolutely wonderful -- polite, kind and attentive. We stayed here one week -- June 10, 2018 --June 17, 2018. Initially, we were in a two bedroom Falconer's suite which abutted the construction that was taking place at St. James Court (a sister property next door). The noise was incredibly disturbing and when I brought it to the attention of the front desk staff and talked to the lovely manager, they worked hard to arrange complimentary breakfast during our stay as well as an upgrade to the beautiful Minister's two bedroom suite in a another part of the building. Our story is somewhat unique in that our 20 year old daughter is in remission from lymphoma cancer and is attending summer school at the London School of Economics, However, no matter the guest this hotel strives to go "above and beyond" ensuring that everyone's stay is most enjoyable. The proof is in the fact that many guests and their families return year after year.

Best and most friendly service you you will ever get in a...
    • Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

Best and most friendly service you you will ever get in a hotel. The location is perfect and every detail is very well thought out. The atmosphere in the hotel is very cozy

They gave a free upgrade!

nothing.

They gave a free upgrade! Extremely friendly and cooperative staff. Excellent location. Just next to buckingham palace and 2 gardens. Plenty of high quality bottled water free. All amenities included. Quilon - South Indian restaurant was top notch experience.

Underwhelming experience for a hotel of that reputation and price.
    • Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

Suite lacked character and charm, was quite spartan and run down. Service was unacceptably slow at breakfast.

Good location. Large and functional suite.

Very spacious, super friendly staff, clean & fresh scent...
    • Kings Junior Suite

I couldn’t think of possibly anything negative during our stay. Absolutely positive.

Very spacious, super friendly staff, clean & fresh scent every day every time room is made up, we had an amazing stay, breakfast tasted good everyday, I’d like to write more but i guess the impression is quite clearly positive.

A very pleasant introduction to London
    • Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

A convenient, central location with full amenities you would find in your own apartment. Hotel staff were friendly, responsive and personable. And a special shoutout to Butler James and the team at the Ministers reception area whose welcomes were always warm and personal.

Have been to London several times.
    • Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

Have been to London several times. Would definitely stay here again. Best location, large rooms, super clean and quiet. Staff were super friendly and made recommendations for sightseeing. Hotel staff knew my name every time I walked through the lobby. cannot say enough good things about this property.

The room was very spacious with a big kitchen.
    • Kings Junior Suite

The reception spilled the welcoming champagne on my coat. They did not do it on purpose, helped me to do the dry cleaning, and even sent us a small gift to apologise. But after all it was not a pleasant memory.

The room was very spacious with a big kitchen. The breakfast was good, they offered many Indian foods and I quite liked the taste.

Wonderful Property! Will not want to leave!
    • Kings Junior Suite

Great Location, Fantastic Staff always attentive to your needs! Iara our Butler was absolutely awesome! Taj 51 couldn't ask for a better representative for their hotel! Would absolutely stay again when in London

• Kings Junior Suite

- Bath products (shampoo, shower get, conditioner) were refilled twice in 6-nights stay. - Check-out process was inconvenient and unprofessional as staff tried to recharge my credit card instead of releasing the held amount.

- Staff were supportive and helpful - Cleanliness - Spacious room - Location

Spectacular suite in a spectacular hotel
    • Kings Junior Suite

Everything was spectacular. From the service on check in, to the room quality, the amazing food, and the little touches that made the stay intimate and very special. Very highly recommended.

Place is really very comfortable, location quite and in the...
    • Kings Junior Suite

Place is really very comfortable, location quite and in the very downtown. It's rare for London to have a dicent appartment with good staff and location. Thanks, I'l definitely return.

Fantastic stay and can't wait to return next time we visit London.
    • Minsters Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite

I could not fault anything, the staff were amazing and made us all feel most welcome. They made our stay memorable. The apartment was beautiful and immaculately presented with lots of special touches.

Customer service was sleek and excellent. I would definitely recommend!

not much at all!

That someone put my slippers by my bed at night whilst we were out! I loved the fact the staff were so friendly The room we stayed in was amazing The facilities in the apartment were also second to none!

Wonderfull staff, great location but old rooms
    • Kings Junior Suite

The rooms and the hotel was a bit run down. The textiles especially, the throws, the rugs, the curtains, the upholstery, all of that was well washed but there were washed out stains everywhere and the furniture was scratched and bumped. Basically it is ok for an annex to a big hotel, but I think it needs a makeover. It felt as if they’ve used furniture and textiles that the next door’s St James was finished with.

The location was wonderfull and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. The bed was very comfy but I guess not for everyone, as I like harder matrasses. Everyhing was very comfy and usefull.

Comfort & luxury with great service

Really couldn’t fault anything

Warm welcome, spacious accommodation for a family with 2 teenagers, breakfast was stunning and great location. Best option for families

Mere words can't do the Taj 51 justice.
    • Kings One Bedroom Suite

There were a couple things like salt and pepper that I simply assumed would be in the full kitchen in the suite. Hardly an imposition, and I likely could have just called the desk to have someone bring up seasoning.

Start to finish, everyone and everything here exceeded my expectations. We stayed Christmas Eve and Christmas night, leaving early on Boxing Day. I half expected that there would be a reduction in staff and service as a result, but if that was the case, I can't imagine what "normal" service would be. You know how the saying goes about the Devil being in the details? Much of what makes Taj 51 great are the little things. The personal tour of the suite by a butler, not asking if we'd like to have someone carry our bags - just doing it, suggesting things for us, etc. I thought I'd stayed in a five-star hotel before, but man, was I wrong. We arrived around 9:30 AM, expecting just to drop our luggage and return later to check in to our room. The reception staff told me "Normally, we charge 20% for early check in, but we'll waive that. Oh, have you had breakfast yet? I see it's included in your rate, but that's not on the first day. The butler will show you your room, and they you should go have breakfast. We'll have your bags brought to your room." If the Taj offers you breakfast, take it. There was a simple, yet complete buffet of cured meats, cheeses, really nice yogurts and overnight oats, fruits, cakes, a subtle green salad, cereals, etc. This was a continental breakfast as it was intended, not as many hotels have interpreted it. Oh, then, there's also the menu. You can order what you want from there as well. Amazing. Apparently there were free drinks in the evenings as well that I forgot to take advantage of. Some examples of things we encountered; I checked in with the concierge to see if he'd seen the second half of a shipment I'd arranged from Marks & Spencer had arrived. He assured me that he had personally received the delivery, and it was only the one box. He offered to call the company up and deal with it. I forwarded him the email, and he was a machine.

The perfect suite for the perfect weekend
    • Kings Junior Suite

What was there not to like!! I was greeted by a butler A BUTLER!!!! who escorted me to check in where i was given a warm hand towel and a glass of mulled wine as it was such a cold day. I was given a suite on the top floor which was the most incredible place i have ever stayed. Huge, beautifully furnished, immaculate, fruit in the bowl, milk in the fridge, decaf coffee for the machine. Dinner in the Bistro was superb and not expensive and when i knocked my glass of wine over it was dealt with swiftly and no fuss and a new glass of wine arrived. After a lovely evening out at a show we didnt want to stay in town we wanted to go back to the hotel for drinks as it was just so lovely and breakfast in the morning was just another massive thumbs up. Im not posh or rich but i was so well looked after. I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. AMAZING EXPERIENCE. Cant wait to go again :)

The finest suites in London, bar none!!!
    • Kings Junior Suite

Absolutely the best hotel we have ever seen. Outstanding staff from start to finish. Outstanding Concierge staff (Alex and co.). Superb food for breakfast. WOW!!!!! We shall return!

Amazing and unforgettable .
    • Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

Hotels regardless of how many stars they have , should be rated by the experience vis a vis the price . This activity is a people business and preparation , versatility, adaptation and availability its what makes the difference in the final evaluation of the experience . Rooms can be small or large so the bathroom or the hall , you may or may not receive an upgrade but if a client is placed at the center of the attention and receives a true smile or a warm welcome or a personal attention beyond expectation , well these are the characteristics that distinguish a great hotel , its Staff and its Management. I only have the best compliments to extend to all the persons that work at this hotel , every day with great passion in every department to satisfy every client and make his stay a memorable experience . Well done Taj .

5 star service with huge, modern suites and fantastic food
    • Kings Junior Suite

Once again an excellent stay at the Taj. The service offered by the staff is superb and they are without doubt the most friendliest and professional staff in London. For me, its among the best hotels in London with huge rooms and fantastic in room dining menu. I will most certainly be returning to the Taj

Spacious room, helpful staff, quiet & convenient location
    • Kings Junior Suite

Falconers one bedroom is very large for two people, good value at the price we paid. Quiet location close to Big Ben, London Eye, Churchill museum, and Westminster. Subway few mins from hotel.

Wish I could stay longer

Nothong

The staff are utterly fabulous. I believe a previous reviewer said that "being attentive without being intrusive is difficult" they did it perfectly

wonderful stay from start to finish thank you taj 51

nothing to dislike

From the minute we got out the taxi we were greeted and treated beautifully nothing was to much trouble the suite was exquisite the bed was perfect lunch was delicious the food was good really good cocktails were perfect breakfast was scrumptious with fresh coffee mmmmm I loved it I will be going back again and again thank you Taj 51

Pricey, but you get what you pay for.
    • Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

Only thing which bothered me throughout the entire stay was noise from the street outside our room, which unfortunately was next to the road on the 4th floor. Normal noise wasn't so bad but there was construction outside which started around 6am everyday. I mentioned this upon checkout and was asked had I mentioned before, silly me but I hadn't, we could've moved to another suite away from the noise. However, as a gesture of goodwill they reimbursed me a nice sum to make up for it, even though I said it was ok and I wasn't after a refund. Top quality customer service!!!

Stayed in the 3 bedroom Kings suite. Bed was super comfy and ample room throughout the suite for the whole family of 6. 2 of the bigger bathrooms were huge with one smaller. Shower in the smaller one was a bit tight for space but overall what you get within the center of London is great! Staff are very attentive, they will do anything to make sure you are happy. Breakfasts are also very nice!

Amazing and will book again!!

None to report.

Suite has excellent facilities and thoroughly enjoyed whole experience. Staff are very kind and approachable. In particular, CLARA at Front Desk has helped a lot. FIVE STARS to her.

A beautiful hotel with nice sized rooms and friendly/helpful staff.
    • Kings Junior Suite

I had difficulting figuring out the heating/cooling system. The TV was a challenge to work. The TV "clicker" did not work. Asked twice for a change. Bed was not comfortable. Room cleaned at 4 PM.

Room and bathroom and kitchen size. Available supplies and equipment in kitchen. The number of plugs for laptop, phone, etc.

Wonderful home from home in an amazing location.
    • Kings Junior Suite

There was nothing we didn't like. Everything was perfect!

Everything, this was an amazing place to stay. It was the first night of our honeymoon and the staff couldn't have been more wonderful. We can't wait to come back.

Would never stay anywhere else in London again

Really couldn't fault anything

Fantastic hotel, service was absolutely second to none. On our last 2 trips to London we stayed at the Mayfair and at Waldorf Hilton - neither is a patch on the Taj

Excellent!
    • Kings One Bedroom Suite

Taj 51 delivers all it promises and more, much more. The staff makes you feel like royalty and are very helpfull. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning and breaths history and style. The Alice in Wonderland themed afternoon is a great experience hen travelling with children. We will definitely return soon.

Excellence is here.

Literally, nothing.

Excellent staff, spacious suite with well-equipped kitchen and bathroom, great housekeeping, 24-hour gym, good location, and, especially, we got a suite upgrade with a few supplements.

Spectacular luxury hotel in Westminster.
    • Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

Luxury does not come cheap and, while you get what you pay for, 51 Buckingham Gate provides its outstanding service for a price.

Spectacular luxury hotel in Westminster. Easy walks to/in St James, Green, and Hyde Parks, museums, theater, restaurants. Generous and amazingly comfortable accommodations. It's not easy to be both discrete and attentive but they are both.

A typical five-star hotel service
    • Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

The washing machine is not cleaned regularly. It's dirty inside.

The bed is very very comfortable. I was sleeping like a baby. The staff is very kind and helpful. The dinner service is excellent in general.

Short trip to London to celebrate my Mom's special birthday

Nothing negative

Everything. I visited with my mother to celebrate her 75th birthday. We had a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite which was marvellous and my Mom was treated very well. She received complimentary sweets/cakes which was delivered to the suite by butler service. Overall, a great place to stay. Will definitely return.

Fabulous stay at the Taj Residences!
    • Kings One Bedroom Suite

The spa could use a little love but was still nice.

The residence/apartment I stayed in was extremely large and fully stocked. The staff was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Perfect stay
    • Kings One Bedroom Suite

Only thing would have been the option of a bath rather just a shower but I should have read the information more carefully as it does advise

The staff were helpful, friendly and really wanted to assist. The food was fabulous and could not be faulted.

Perfect family accommodation
    • Minsters Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite

High level of service and care. They couldn't do anymore to ensure our comfort. Suite was cleaned daily within good time. Any requests- pillow preference, more water, coffee capsules and more, were acted on immediately. Almost like they were already on the way while on the phone with us! Good quality kitchen equipment.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

5 star service, although location is really tucked away.
    • Kings Junior Suite

I called downstairs for help on matters and 3 or 4 times call went to voicemail. This is strange as when you speak to staff, they are SUPER helpful.

Amazing service! Best in London - but...

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

As in most reviews, ALL of the staff from check-in to...
    • Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

Nothing, this was just an outstanding visit

As in most reviews, ALL of the staff from check-in to check-out were friendly, happy and very welcoming. The rooms were excellent, and were an outstanding location to Buckingham, Kensington and Parliament.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Beyond excellent hotel
    • Kings Deluxe Junior Suite

We stayed here for our anniversary. I can honestly say that this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The whole hotel had a luxurious feel to it. Our room was much bigger than we thought it would be, and was very comfortable. What really made the experience memorable for us though, was the level of service we received from the lovely staff. They couldn't do enough for you. We were even given a lovely dessert as a gift for our anniversary. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone and will be definitely staying again on my next visit to London.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

A tranquil hidden gem

Cannot suggest any improvements

Amazing attention to detail, spacious well equipped rooms. Fabulous breakfast and cocktails. Just love this hotel and will definetly return. In my opinion great value for money for the level of accommodation and service you receive.

Maid service is excellent.
    • Kings One Bedroom Suite

Expensive and impractical parking, rushed check in, lousy wifi with poor coverage and largely temperamental.

Maid service is excellent. Rooms are spacious.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

10/10.... 1 staff was rude.
    • Kings Junior Suite

The only thing that let me down was 1 member of staff at the reception,he wanted me to move my car as there's not much room for parking outside,he was very rude and demanded me to move the car straight Away, which I was already attending too, his attitude was disgusting, however every other member of staff was excellent.

Everything about the hotel was Excellent, we stayed at the Kings building which was exceptional, will definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Fantastic place to stay

Nothing loved everything

The service was amazing fantastic staff they made out stay very comfortable and beautiful place rooms amazing central location. Brilliant can't wait to visit again.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Without doubt one of the best in London.
    • Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing, it was faultless.

Amazing Hotel, one of the best in London and the best staff I have ever encountered in any hotel, anywhere in the World. The suite was incredibly well appointed and spacious and the overall experience was everything you expect from a top hotel. Great value for the price we paid as the suite was a proper suite with a sitting room etc, rather than a room with a sofa, as we have had in other hotels. Very well located too for anything you want to experience in London.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Very friendly staff, truly made you feel at home.
    • Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

Very friendly staff, truly made you feel at home. Very good location. Great for family's looking for spacious rooms with a kitchen. Would be going back to stay with them the next time I am in London.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Value
    • Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

Breakfast could have been a bit more varied/bigger selection but no complaints at all and reasonably priced.

Good location. Nice room. Great staff. Can't speak for all but incredibly spacious, relative to similar type hotels/rooms. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in London, as it appears to be comfortably the best value high end hotel around. It really isn't worth paying the huge premium to stay in Mayfair for example, when you can stay in a bigger room/suite here for a fair bit cheaper. It's a very pleasant walk up towards Piccadilly, even in winter, and there are loads of black cabs around. The kitchenette, which is basically a small kitchen, is a real bonus if staying longer and you don't want to eat every meal out.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Sublime

All great.

Everything about this beautiful establishment is 5 star. From the lovely staff, exceptional and thoughtful service to the beautiful interior and exterior buildings. All of the staff managed that rare blend of professionalism with a friendly, warm and kind approach. minutes from Buckingham Palace, St James and Green parks and close to the Victoria shops. From the wonderful gentle, seated check in (and my room was ready in the morning) with hot towel and drink and cookies provided; to the equally efficient and friendly check out and umbrella escort to a taxi. I was given a free upgrade from a King Suite to a beautiful, spacious 1 bedroom apartment. This included an entry hall, large lounge with couches, coffee table and TV as well as a 6 seater dining room (and fruit bowl), large floor to ceiling windows, fully equipped kitchen (with a clothes washing/drying machine), a spacious bedroom and beautiful ensuite bathroom with a large spa bath, separate shower, double vanity, heated towel rail, toilet and bidet as well as a guest toilet room. There is a "happy hour" in the evening with complementary drinks and canapés and a I moved to this hotel after an unpleasant experience and just 4 hours sleep at another hotel and the difference could not have been more marked nor more welcomed. This is a rare find and pricey but worth every cent.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

2 of the 4 horizontal shower jets didn't work.
    • Kings One Bedroom Suite

2 of the 4 horizontal shower jets didn't work. There was no TV in the bathroom (there was in the suite we stayed in last time and that suite was cheaper).

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

3 great night at Taj 51
    • Kings Junior Suite

The hotel was perfect, amazing service attitude from all the staff, helped us on anything we needed. the suit was great, we had small issue in the first day and it was fixed immediatly

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Probably the best high end family suite hotel in London
    • Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

I really couldn't find a single thing to complain about

The suite we stayed in was huge, high end with all amenities, we were a family of 5 with 2 toddlers and 3 adults. We thoroughly enjoyed the living space, room service, and the care of the hotel staff.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Best Hotel Stay in Years - Will Always Return when in London
    • Kings Three Bedroom Suite

I only have 1 complaint, and that is with the WIFI. It was super slow and hard to connect at times.

The concierge team was beyond amazing. They arranged a ton of things for me, and they were always available and extremely fast. Being there on business with lots of materials for an event, the bellmen received all my items, delivered to my room before I arrived, helped me move them in an out as I needed, etc. The suites are amazing - well decorated and very spacious. Toiletry amenities were very large and generous and a great brand. Housekeeping was available 2 times a day and super nice, and the hotel served free drinks everyday from 6-7PM. The experience was the best hotel experience I have had in many years.

Brilliant.

Nothing at all.

This is undoubtedly the best overall hotel in London. It offers brilliant service and excellent facilities. It is infinitely better than all those overpriced, ageing hotels taking advantage of their Mayfair location.Taj 51 really is fantastic.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Kings apartment for the Kings
    • Kings Junior Suite

Nothing, everything worked and in good condition. Perfect London stay for us colonials.

Very hospitable staff and environment in a totally perfect London location. Great breakfasts and the happy hour was perfect.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Luxurious home next to Buckingham Palace!

Shower was leaking (however they fixed it as soon as we informed the housekeeping staff!), the folder kept in the room for the convenient of guests had no information (only page separators, no information kept between these!), seemed like negligence!

Love the residences, facilities in the kitchen and the pleasant ambience during breakfast ! Very helpful front desk!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

A relaxing stay for the whole family.
    • Kings One Bedroom Suite

The staff were so incredibly kind with our 3 year old daughter. Not only did they surprise her with little gifts throughout the stay, but they also genuinely seemed to care and want her to enjoy the experience too. They even found a golden ribbon that she could use as a leash for her stuffed animal!

Perfect. Felt like royalty. Very attentive staff
    • Kings Three Bedroom Suite

Great location and extremely kid friendly.

Property failed to deliver breakfast in the room as we...
    • Minsters Deluxe One Bedroom Suite

Property failed to deliver breakfast in the room as we arranged previous day which really affected the rest of our day.

Great service , amazing breakfast

Great service , amazing breakfast

Nice service, big kitchen, good welcome fruit

Nice service, big kitchen, good welcome fruit

The location, the service and the ratio what you pay and...
    • Kings Junior Suite

The location, the service and the ratio what you pay and what you get is the best I found so far in London.

Really enjoyed the stay and will come back!
    • Kings Deluxe One Bedroom Suite

Great location and wonderful services!!!

I’ll come back.

Excellent gym.

Excellent location, property kept in excellent condition,...

We liked everything

Excellent location, property kept in excellent condition, clean, comfortable, staff is amazing.

Staff were very professional

Staff were very professional

• Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

Excellent service and the small personal touches related to each guest's preferences were very thoughtful.

An absolute joy to stay at this hotel. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty!
    • Kings Junior Suite

Size of room....very spacious.

Excellent!
    • Kings Junior Suite

Really clean well equipped rooms, everything you could want. Lovely touch of happy hour between 6-7pm in Kona bar.

Heavenly.

Everything was perfect.

Our two room suite was spacious and well appointed. Loved having a washer/dryer. The service was excellent.

• Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

Very spacious comfortable rooms, very well equipped. Lovely touch of happy hour between 6-7pm in Kona Bar

I feel at home
    • Falconers One-Bedroom Suite

I found myself continually checking that I had not left anything behind, I knew I hadn't, I just did not want to leave

Amazing, can't wait to visit again!
    • Kings Junior Suite

Beautiful suite 5* and the rest! The staff are outstanding and in my opinion absolutely faultless

Incredible and effortless
    • Falconers Two Bedroom Suite

Our butler and the staff were fantastic and extremely accommodating I would absolutely stay here again :)