Reviews of Hotel 82 London 4 stars

#671 of 977 hotels in London

Based on 1961 hotel reviews

6.1

• Superior Single Room

Nothing. A convenient hotel for a short stay in London.

Very friendly and helpful reception staff - absolutely excellent. Very convenient location - 5 mins walk from Baker Street tube. Very clean. Good breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This is a hotel that is not staffed after hours. Late check in - pick up a key from a secure box. I'm not sure how safe it is to have a hotel full of people but with nobody on duty? Matresses thin and uncomfortable.

breakfast facilities terrible - lids for the warmers stuck together with sellotape and completely unhygienic. Toaster not working.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No 24h front desk caused some issues during my stay. My swipe card wasn't working, no one would answer the "emergency" phone line, and when the receptionist finally came in half an hour late, she was quite condescending. I also wish there was a DND option but there was no card in the room. I left the towels on the rack following the instructions in the bathroom, but they were still unnecessarily replaced, which seems wasteful.

Size of the room and the location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Unclean bed sheets, unclean drinking glasses, dirty towels, reception closed from 6pm - wires hanging out of the wall in the bathroom. ‘Double bed’ was two singles pushed together however they were different heights. Beds uncomfortable

• Superior Single Room

Air condition didn't work in a room without any window. When I pointed this out staff told me that this was not part of the offer, which frankly is a rather strange answer given that this room did not have an outside window. I had a long discussion to sign retrospectively a transaction for the first night of my stay, what for was not explained (and didn't sign). Hairdryer in room didn't work, replacement hair dryer broke down after 20 sec.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hairdryer didn’t work. We had double bed consisting of two mattresses, one of them was very uncomfortable to sleep on. The water in the sink didn’t go down, we didn’t clog it and even by washing our hands the water stayed there for hours. The staff in the kitchen looked very unpleasant. Didn’t answer on greetings and wouldn’t smile when the eyes crossed.

The room and the bathroom looked nice by the first glance. The hotel itself is very clean and quiet. Plenty of towels in the bathroom. Little kitchen area in the room, so you could make a tea or coffee in the morning. Perfect location if you want to explore central London.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I just came back home after 2 nights stay in hotel !After reading bad reviews I am very happy to say I didn't have anything bad :) Location very good, very nice size of room (302 ) clean and comfortable bed !

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception closed at 6pm. Hotel were informed that we will be checking in late more than 2 weeks prior, but email for late check in procedure only came in 3 hours before check in. Michael was still nice and friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The building looks good but is in need of some maintenance as there were patches of mould under the window. The shower was broken and there was very little water pressure in the evening and in early morning, the shower door was broken and the shower cabin needs to be clean to take the mould out as well as the actual shower which is dated and did not look clean. Room was not the most accessible for someone that has pram. Lift is too small (fitted pram tilted and 1 person) and there were stairs that led to our room (not practical at all) - this could have been taken into consideration as it was mentioned in the booking. Cannot comment on breakfast as we had to leave early. Perhaps a suggestion would be to start breakfast at 7:00.

Location, decoration of the room and the general feel of the hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Walls of the room mouldy, cups not clean, no beverage making facilities, no coat hangers, dangerous electrical wires in bathroom, leaking sink, item of clothing went missing

• Superior Single Room

The reception is open only for 8 hours. If you have any problem there is nobody to report to.

The location is excellent. Baker Street tube station is close by and moving around is really convenient.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It is definietly not a 4* hotel!!! The reception is working only from 9am-6pm! If you want to check in other time you have to wait about an hour! The shower does not work, the window was broken, the tv remote control was missing. They act like they really dont care. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the only drawback is that the lift is quite small,but that doesn't distract from the overall comfort of the stay.

a lovely sized room,comfy bed and perfect location.it's right in the heart of London so there are many places to eat and drink and many local attractions nearby or just a short ride on the underground.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sometimes you need a bad experience to value the good ones. For us, this hotel was a really bad one. It looks like the hotel was built nicely, but then never properly maintained. Water stains all over the bathroom, missing tiles. Layers of calc and dirt in the less visible areas of the bathroom suggest that the cleaning is not good at all. Dust under the bed, holes in the wall from incorrectly attached blinds holders, I could go on... Breakfast was substandard, hot food covers were "fixed" by scotch tape. Eating a cucumber is a risk - either you get a fresh one or one that took all the "flavors" from the overnight stay in the fridge.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location.

• Superior Single Room

Nothing. Says 24 hour reception cover but only cover between 2-6pm. Had to find own room on arrival. Bathroom door didnt shut. Hairdryer was just hanging and powerless. No plug in the sink. No phone signal. As a female traveler I felt very unsafe. Pushed bedside table against the door and slept on top of bed.

• Superior Single Room

Feels like cheap hostel, no window in the room (glass into the entrance hall that cannot be open & since the light is on whole night and there are no curtains, its impossible to get some sleep.) Reception open only 8.30-10.

Good Location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Horrible experience! Very dirty, the staff doesn't change the bed sheets for days, they leave the bathroom diry. Breakfast was mostly fast food on dirty tables - deep fried stuff!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Michael at reception very welcoming & helpful, staff very friendly. Breakfast was good. Lovely room on 3rd floor. Location is really excellent and close to tube station.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Absolutely disgusting place. Not like the pictures. Avoid at all costs! I was given a room without electricity and with mould on the walls. When I went to reception to complain he had clearly see the reception and was nowhere to be found. No one answers the “emergency” number. Not one answers emails or web messages. After more than an hour sitting in a dark room I found the receptionist hiding behind the shutters. I was moved to a new room this time with no bathroom lights and a filthy shower. Staff were shocking. Refused to give me a name/ address for a complaint and lied about who owns the company. Do not stay here!!

• Superior Single Room

Had an internal room with no window, which wasn't clear from the booking, and aircon that was inconsistent so, on a hot day, pretty unpleasant in the room! No staff around for most of the time, with a reception only staffed occasionally, although when they were there they were helpful. Met a couple of other guests who had trouble getting in, when there were no staff, or fixing problems such as shower not working. Breakfast was a stop start affair with items coming out for the buffet every five minutes so you would have to wait quite a while to be bale to have everything!

As many people have commented, the biggest plus point is the location, very convenient for Baker St tube. I guess the price was good for central London at £80 for B& B!

• Superior Single Room

A chair is needed. I am elderly and need to sit at times without lying on the bed. A serious complaint- the step out of the shower is very dangerous. eg a small triangular step from which I could easily slip with wet feet.

Clean and comfortable room which was quite accessible on the ground floor. Breakfast provision very good though the room was small and the tables very close.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

My colleague Rita did not receive a code for her key so when we arrived we had to ring emergency number. Lack of reception and bar was disappointing. Showed was poor and the water stopped for a few minutes. Sellotape around breakfast lid was not hygienic.

Price and location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Stay away from this hotel !!!! NOT at all a 4 star hotel. No restaurant, reception only open part of the day, tiny rooms, the smallest lift which I have ever seen. - We booked a long time ago a "superior deluxe twin room" the hotel required a payment in advance - we got a tiny room with a double bed, you could hardly walk past the bed, the door did not open entirely since it got stuck at the bed. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, sleeping on springs is not comfortable at all. The bathroom is a health hazard, lots of mold and dirt. We asked for a twin room, got a double bed and had to ask 3x before we finally got a second cover. We only got one hand towel, asked for it repeatedly but it never arrived. The reception is only open from 08:00 - 18:00 - NOT 24hrs as stated on their website. One of the lamps above the bed did not function and was also missing a shade. The window was dirty and it was not possible to close it completely. The breakfast was very poor and it could even be considered a health hazard, since the covers of the warm food were glued together with a tape which can keep Bacteria and could contaminate the food, so more health codes in violation there as well.

The only good thing to say about this hotel is the location - a walking distance from shopping area and nice restaurants. Everything else is VERY POOR, even disgusting !!

• Superior Single Room

This is something people should be made aware of! If I read a review about the mattress I would have never paid this money. What an awful experience! The whole point of a hotel is to be able to sleep. I didn't sleep a wink!

I choose your hotel after, I saw it had a good rating and reviews on booking.com However when I arrived my stay turned out to be a nightmare When I arrived at check in 5.30pm on Friday the 18th there was no one at reception! However, it states reception is open until 6 pm. I was sent to email and accessed my room when I got into the room and checked the mattress for comfort, I noticed it was very old and had dents in the centre and I knew it would be a pleasant nights sleep. I immediately rang the 0800 number provided in the email and was unsuccessful connecting to anyone! This was also concerning. My entire trip to London was tiring and was looking to forward to a good nights sleep. However, to my dissatisfaction and horror, I wasn’t even able to sleep for 30 minutes as the mattress was so uncomfortable! And I was moving positions all night. I even turn it over and flipped no difference at all! I have stayed in many hotels and this is the first time I experienced no sleep! A mattress of this bad quality must be old and used for a decade to be so awful

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was fantastic for the underground and getting quickly to local attractions. The room was bright and comfortable and the bed enormous. Would definitely stay again

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi didn't work in our room. No TV channels worked. The curtains didn't open so room was dark. The bathroom door didn't shut properly and there was no lock on the door.

Excellent location. Baker St station was just a short walk and all lines accessible from here. Shops and restaurants all around. Room was ideal size. Breakfast was good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Read the reviews after we booked and too late to cancel so was expecting the pits! We got there three quarters of an hour early and even thou we tried to arrange early check in and hotel said they would try and accommodate that we were unable to check in early, when Micheal the hotel reception realised we couldn't come back at 2pm he did give us the room key but said we still couldn't go to room till 2pm, we then has to store our bags in luggage cupboard, which had no security on door at all, luckily I had padlock on case. Room was small , bed was clean, shower needed a good clean , hand basin was blocked up so after one use we couldn't use sink, and couldn't find tv remote so had to figure out how to use tv manually, only small amount of tea coffee etc. Would not want to stay there in Winter as window was letting in a lot of cold air. Hotel needs a revamp to being it up to standard. , she didn't eat breakfast s can't comment on it.

Hotel in a good location due to being close to City, if some money was spent on it , it could be a lovely hotel. Michael in reception was helpful and kind, and did his best to be accommodating, we didn't see any other staff, if your in London and have no intention of sitting in a hotel room all day and just want a room to sleep then this is an adequate hotel for the Price, if you want luxury don't stay here!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditione did not work 2 of 4 days. it was two nights without good sleep. Fan and lamps over shower did not work 4 of 4 days. Every day we got the wrong number of towels. (To few).

Very good breakfast. Mostly helpful staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Thought I'd booked a twin bed room. But they were attached together to make a double. Couldn't be separated. No other rooms available. Room very small. Half a cupboard as storage space. Unwashed and cracked coffee cup in room as part of tea/coffee tray. Receptionist very unhelpful. Price of room high for what you get, eg size of room, and standards.

The only good thing is the location - close to Marylebone station.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There wasn’t a blackout blind in one of the windows and the light woke me up at 5. There was a bit of mould on the bathroom ceiling. The room was very noisy because of the traffic

The room was really clean and nice and the location was noisy but good

• Superior Single Room

There was no window in the room that would open so very stuffy. The place was a bit shabby. The shower had zero power so was no fun showering, the thing was covered in calcium deposits so the water just trickled out. The breakfast was terrible, pre fried eggs like made from rubber, no bacon or sausage. No marmalade. I requested an early check in and when I arrived the receptionist said "it will be ready between 12:30 and 13:00" so I returned at 13:00 but it was still not touched and very smelly, I went away and came back at 14:00 and asked the receptionist if it was now ready and she lied to me and said "of course"but my room was still not ready and actually the final room to be prepared on the day. There are many hotels in this area that are so much better at this price range and I would never use this crummy place again so I cannot recommend.

location, very close to Baker Street tube

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Couldnt get into the hotel on arrival. Unfriendly staff. Hardly anywhere to sit at breakfast. Bad coffee. No tea or water bottles in rooms. Bad cleanliness.

Close to nice restaurants. And not far from the centre.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lift was a bit cramped and could be noisy at times with traffic.

Was a bit worried after reading previous reviews but for what we paid and the location I was satisfied.Bed was comfortable,fridge was a bonus and breakfast was adequate and we never left hungry.Would stay here again as other hotels in this area charge double in some cases.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

At start having no reception beyond six kept us feeling we are on the rush to get to the hotel before six as we were travelling for nearly 5 hours. and I had a call from the reception staff at 5:20 pm to rush us. our room was in the basement , for 112.5 £/n I expected it to be a lot better, instead of large double bed as stated on the website it was actually two single mattresses!, the bathroom was very small with the sink , flush and all the water draining system barely works (you have to stop using the sink for at least half an hour to let all the water drain!) add to that the flush. A tiny shower with low speed water running and poor draining system again. The walls are not sound proof so you have to wake early with anyone talking or passing through corridors. curtains are not light proof (shallow white). the breakfast was kept to the lowest as possible!, extremely basic with few options, its clear no much effort was put to it. an orange juice only with room temperature, no maintenance, you have to go and ask the lady in the kitchen to refill things. the cleaning lady knocked on the door and I said to her we are just getting dressed on our way out, she said only 10 minutes or the room wouldn't be cleaned!.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom of the room I was given on the first night was grubby. The WC and wash hand basin were clean but the base of the shower was dirty on the outside as was the back of the radiator. The shower head was loose and the shower itself barely worked. The room was small with just enough space to walk between the end of the bed and the wall.

The staff were helpful and polite when I complained about the bathroom after the first night. I was unable to complain until the morning as the reception is not staffed overnight. The room was cold with no extra blankets. It all added up to a long night. I was moved to a different room for the second night and it did meet expectations based on the online description.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast - The lid there was above the hot dishes were glued together with tape I was at the 4th. flor at the water was very cold for a long long time so I took bath in cold water

The girl in the reception and the room was clean and nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Terrible personal in breakfast room. They did not even answer the greeting. Dirty bathroom. Black spots on shower doors and wall. Small room. Beds had broken springs. Smell in hall. They probably painted with acetone color.

Breakfast was quite good but...

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location perfect. Receptionist very helpful. Breakfast, nothing special. Direct transport to Luton and stansted airport from a bus stop close to the hotel. It is a shame that it is not advertised by the hotel

• Superior Single Room

Absolutely no value to the 1st floor internal windows (totally dark; airless) - room was pretty claustrophobic in consequence. Terrible smell for the 1st 24hr- smelt like fresh silicone, but so strong in the room, was very unpleasant. Bathroom was very tired (eg shower seal broken, so the floor flooded).

Great location. ‘Deluxe single’ room was small-but-adequate. Nice to have a fridge & tea/coffee facilities in the room. Breakfast was very decent.

• Superior Triple Room

Mould on walls strong smell of nitrocellulose adhesive as you entered the building which affected my daughters asthma Telephoned to complain but never heard anymore about it just fobbed off which made me very annoyed shower was dirty bed kept turning light switch on as headboard to close to it Was not easy to find in first place further from Baker Street station than 5 mins walk we were lead to believe so got soaked as it was raining Overall very unpleasant stay and will not be recommending it very expensive for standard of accommodation

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was very uncomfortable, the cups in the room where dirty. And I mean...imagine a cup not lifted and cleaned for about 8month. Tea stains on the inside and incusted dirt on the bottom. The large tile in the shower was hanging off as where the shower doors.

The location is fantastic. Breakfast was lovely.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Pretty everything could be significantly improved

Its a very basic hotel with all amenities reflecting that from the simple basic breakfast to the dated ageing décor - there is little service to talk about especially as reception closes at 6pm. I doubt I will stay here again

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Black mould covering room 101’s walls, not only in the bathroom but the bedroom too. I fell ill. I would not go back. Lack of cleanliness. The pillows had a sweaty odour.

The location is top notch.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Water pressure poor in shower. road noisy but OK if you have earplugs :)

Great location, very clean, brilliant staff, fridge in room, modern decor, good size room , big windows. Lift in property.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Missing controller on shower, although it still worked adequately. Reception unstaffed from 1800 and had not reopened by the time I left

Location brilliant, bed comfortable,staff at reception helpful and pleasant

• Superior Triple Room

Quite an unsafe environment. It must be a fire trap building. Bathrooms very dirty with dampness all over.. your photos do not show them. Small rooms poor quality bedding. TV not working, switches and sockets falling apart ... No staff onsite after 5pm!! until 9AM. How are they allowed to name this a Hotel...

Location and staff..

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Beds are not comfortable at all. As I said before have to change our first room because one mattress was a little bended. In addition, the first room we have was too small, but the second one was fine, so I don't know if the first room is just an exception and the others are fine.

Staff is great, they were so kind with us even the fact that we have to change our first room because the mattress was a little bit bended they offered us to change our room immediately and the change was for the better because the new room was bigger and more comfortable. Breakfast is fine, every day is the same menu but it is tasty. The prize and the location are really good, so it is a good option to stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a little dissapointing. They offered a double bed, which was two single beds together. One of them was clearly older or more used than the other and really unconfortable, so we ended up sleeping two people in one tiny single bed. The smell of the kitchen during breakfast filters through the ventilation system so it ends up in the room. Also althoguh there were blinds in the windows to make the room dark for sleeping, there was a small window towards a patio that was not possible to cover and was a little unconfortable for sleeping.

The location is very convenient as it is right near Baker Street tube Station. Friendly personal as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The soaps and shampoo were very low quality. Check-in was a bad experience, as the front desk employee was 45mins late to work.

Good location, and the cleanness is fair. Relatively, one of the best value-for-money you'd find in London.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The duvet is thin but just call reception and they'll bring you another.

For the price of this hotel, its great! I stayed here after having laser eye surgery, the room was clean, very close to Harley Street and surrounding areas and comfortable. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. The breakfast is basic but also good - you generally can't go wrong with cereal, toast and eggs etc but the fact you get breakfast included in this hotel price amazed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was extremely noisy - it sounded like there was a rave a few doors down. I couldn’t sleep until nearly 4am due to the bass and people chanting. The breakfast was awful, we had to go out and get breakfast somewhere else. Also I gave them my email and now I seem to be getting spam - have they sold my email?

The bed was comfortable and the room had a good amount of storage.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were not overly welcoming. The room had been cleaned but with hardly any attention to detail; there was dust on furniture, limescale on shower head, brown water stains underneath toilet piping among other things. The breakfast wasnt great either. The staff didnt say morning, they were more concerned with filling more sub standard breakfast.

The bed was comfy.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Extremly dirty. Bathrooms have 3/4months or even older stains and spider webs mixed with plenty of dust! Had to change room and 3 cleaner were prepating my replacement room and the result was the same. Disgusting dirty u higenic bathroom.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The mirror was hanging from the wall, water wouldn't drain from the bathroom sink, there was old meat left in the fridge. The double bed was two single beds pushed together with different heights of mattress.

Location was excellent. Room was a good size. Wifi was good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Superior double room was just 2 single beds pushed together, lights were all or nothing (couldnt have one set on and one off) breakfast was ok, no bacon no croissants, minimal fruit Super dusty under the bed and tv had little signal

Great location, girl on reception was nice and friendly, low price, street view window, breakfast included in price, fresh towels everyday

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The duvet was very light; combined with single glazing it was cold at night, even with the AC and heater on. The double bed was two singles pushed together and was not very comfortable. Curtains are extremely thin; as soon as dawn broke, the light into the room woke me so. Didn't sleep past 6:30am. Also the window to our ground floor was overlooked so people would have been able to see through the thin curtains into our room when the lights were on in our room - not exactly private! Breakfast was terrible: we didn't bother with it after the first morning - I would recommend not paying extra for breakfast.

The location is great for a short stay in London: 10 mins from Baker Street tube station and 15-20 mins walk to Oxford street. WiFi worked in the rooms The hotel called in advance to confirm my arrival time as the reception is not staffed after 6pm.

• Superior Triple Room

My room (B201) was next to the storage room and near the breakfast area and was quite noisy. Double bed was large but the mattress was in rather bad condition and needs to be replaced. Breakfast seemed of lower quality.

Excellent location. Spacious room. Quite cheeper than most hotels in the area

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a small hotel and the reception does not work after 6pm, so if you lose your card it could be a struggle to get in to your room. Breakfast is included, but the selection is obviously not great. Our sink was clogged, however they fixed it after we told them about it for the second time. Half of the lights did not work inside the room so it was a bit dark, but it was not a major problem for us.

The location was very good, about 5-6 mins walk from Baker Street station. The area has a lot of restaurants, cafes, bars etc. nearby. Hotel rooms are decent.

• Superior Single Room

The staff was very friendly but the room was soooo hot, air conditioning was not working and not a lot of fresh air. No desk to work on, shower could have been cleaner and was leaking, bed was too soft. Breakfast was not that good. Would be so easy to give this hotel a small and quick upgrade so hopefully the owners will do something with this review.

• Superior Single Room

There was a window in the room but in fact it the view was blocked by some wall. Technically this suit was with window, but I'd like to be aware of this issue with the window in advance.

The location is awesome! Two subway stations are nearby. Couple blocks away from Sherlock Holmes apartments.

• Superior Single Room

A very small room, like a prison cell with no windows (blinders outside and cannot reach them) with a very small bed. Small breakfast area, people waiting in line to go to eat. Shower very old and a lot of rust. I know, it is London, but to pay more than 100 EUR / night for this is ridiculous. Avoid this place if you want to keep good memories from London.

Nice breakfast, nice staff and also a great location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms didn't have an easy way to get in touch with reception, and because the lift is absurdly small it can be quite tricky for someone to walk up and down the stairs, especially if you are on the third floor like we were. The hotel needs a bit more of accessibility. The breakfast room was also a bit too small, so make sure you get there on time to find a place to sit.

The room was very clean and had everything you need to spend the night. Breakfast was also quite good and had a good variety of options. The location is perfect with a lot of options to choose from for lunch and dinner.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Receptionist seems rather clueless ... couldn't help with even getting a cab! or with simple questions like 'till what time are shops open on Sundays?' There was no butter during bfast and things came out slowly (like by 8am)... they were not bad in the end though, it's just we had excursions and had to leave before most days.

The room was cosy and comfy. Room attendants were super friendly and nice / accommodating.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

THE BATHROOM WAS TOO NOISY AND COULD NOT BE TURNED OFF UNLESS ALL LIGHTS WERE COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN ONLY ONE LAMP WAS WORKING IN THE ROOM THE ROOM WAS TOO HOT WITH HEATER ON(?) AND TOO COLD WHEN SWITCH OFF WE REQUESTED ANOTHER ROOM BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS WAS NOT AVAILABLE

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff attitude was very different from previous stay. Attitude was matter of fact and not helpful. Expressed a concern was told manager would be in touch and still waiting. Yes

Location walking distance to oxford circus. Thankful only ended up staying one night

• Superior Single Room

Although the room was cleaned/bed made daily, the glass and mug were not properly washed and I suspected just rinsed out. I had bought juice to drink and the glass still had sticky remnants.

It was particularly cold when I visited London - the room was kept very warm, great for defrosting after walking around. The hotel is also very conveniently located, 10min walk to baker st station and less to grocer, pharmacy and restaurants.

• Superior Single Room

Room could do with a deeper clean in the bathroom (or perhaps I've been watching too much Four in a Bed) - and duvet wafer thin (I nicknamed it KitKat) - but overall, it was good. Breakfast offering fine, but don't scrimp on the sausages - cheaper end of hot dog style - I'd rather you didn't bother and instead concentrated on fewer items, but with more quality.

Staff very nice - room more modern than some I've stayed in within a similar price range.

• Superior Triple Room

Breakfast was very disappointing. No butter was available for toast - the poor weather was the explanation and I was advised to ‘complain to reception’ (I had only asked for butter) - some customer service training would not go amiss Odd to have cold slices of pizza at the breakfast buffet

Room clean & quiet - comfortable bed

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Poorest breakfast I have had in some years-just told we don’t do butter when I asked .Freezing cold in the dinning room. Very thin curtains and very light all night

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could be better. And the last 2 day of my stay. No hot water! Before it was really great. Looses points for this!

Staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was fantastic. Very comfortable room and bed. Surprised at closet space was abundant.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was extremely small two beds were pushed together was not a double bed we had no bathroom light for the beginning of our stay. photos are very deceiving of the whole property the lift is the smallest lift I have ever been in we struggled with the two of us. breakfast was terrible no bacon or sausages just frankfurter sausages was the only meat option with the English breakfast no ketchup or butter. very unfriendly staff unhygienic lids on hot food sellotaped up on the lids. No hello or goodbye from waiter stuff

• Superior Single Room

Hot towel rail in shower room not working. Reported to Reception on day of arrival, but Housekeeping could not find switch. Tea/Coffee making items not replenished on 2nd day. Only 3 shampoo complimentary toiletries present on day of arrival.

The bed was very large and exceedingly comfortable and staff very friendly and tried to be helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms towards the street are VERY noisy

Although the hotel is not the best, but okay, the price for what you get especially in terms of location is very good! Would stay there again, but definitly ask for a room not towards the street!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel didn’t smell pleasant - strong smell of cooking oil throughout hotel and lift facility not the best.

None of issues in other reviews affected stay - no problem with hot water, room exactly as advertised in pictures (room on 4th floor), 2 single beds pushed together comfortable enough, value for money given 3 nights under £300.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Thin curtains - - sun shone through whilst sleeping, beside a busy road - - car horns randomly throughout the night/morning (two things that bothered my partner more than me)

Very comfortable beds, clean, good range of breakfast, great location to access lots

Browse Hotel 82 London traveller photo gallery