Reviews of A To Z Hotel

Based on 909 B&B reviews

5.5

5.2

4.9

We got exactly what we paid for. For the price we paid I wouldn’t have expected any more to be honest. Staff where very friendly and welcoming although rooms could have been a wee bit cleaner. Other than that it definitely wouldn’t put me off staying here again. Well done A to Z!!

Over-priced but that’s just London.

A perfectly located hotel offering basic rooms with everything required for an overnight stay. The guy on reception was particularly friendly and allowed us to leave our luggage all day.

Extremely Friendly Staff. Room was spotlessly clean, especially the on suite. Flat screen T.V with so many channels. Was a pleasure to stay here. Breakfast done perfectly. Highly Recommended.

The place was to noisy and very small. The bed wasn’t comfy at all it was broke and makes you sink in and feel like your dropping onto the floor. There was also chewing gum in my bin in the room when I checked in.

The shower unit was a bit awkward to get out of, due to the small size of the on-suite bathroom. However, it wasn't really a problem, just something to take care with.

The staff were very helpful and made me feel at home. Especially the two Polish ladies who served breakfast and cleaned the rooms.

1. Waited 20 minutes to be let in after many phone calls and be served at reception 2. Room was filthy 3. Human Hair in Bathroom and Bed Linen 4. Socket could be used due to broken earth progs stuck in it. 5. Springs in the bed where coming out the like pin cushion. 6. Tv was so high you got stand up 7. Carpet was dirty 8. I even didn’t want try breakfast as room was dreadful. 9. I have sent email to Booking.com And to hotel no reply. I do not recommend this place to anyone. I would like money back not worth £29.99 not even 1p

a guy renting a room opposite (1 night stayer), heard him coming in super drunk, falling off his bed, heard him throwing up! he better have got a cleaning bill....the cleaning staff should not have to put up puke of those who cannot handle their drinks!

For 3 nights stay in London (5 to 10 mins direct train to Paddington from Acton Main Line) to get it for £90 (excluding. VAT) you cannot go wrong. The loo was a bit wobbly but I mentioned it and it was rectified the same day.

All off it!!!

The room was dirty,marks all over the walls,damp in the window,curtains were dirty and ripped, the bedding had stains all over the bedding.it was a dump!!!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Tiny rooms which have paper thin walls and can hear a pin drop next door, certainly any tel conversations clearly. Room was very dirty, no decor. (sheets were clean). Breakfast is only 2 slices of sliced white bread and a cup of tea. Indifferent staff.

Nothing. The price is cheap and probably negates any comfort of any sort.

The bed was lumpy & not made all week, the tv was that high on the wall it could not be viewed unless you stood up, the shower was tiny & shower curtain was on you whilst you showered, shaver point not working, décor was dirty,

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathroom on the ground floor has not been cleaned for weeks or even months. Neither was it on any day of my stay. Bring slippers! Windowless room on the ground floor. No chair to use the desk. Cleaning of the room has been sparse and corners or the wall ventilator were covered in built-up dust.

Breakfast was fine. Clean sheets at start, no room maintenance though. Underground station North Acton is a bit of walk but doable. Bus service is available just across the street. GWR train-terminal is close by. Supermarkets close-by. Best ever fish and chips from Stone's just a few minutes North.

Absolutely disgusting. Dirty, bugs on towels, smelly toilet. Kitchen was so dirty I was happy they just served dry toast for breakfast. How can they ask for money for the rooms and go to bed at night with a clean conscience??

The cleanliness needs to improved a lot!

Location is good. You got a bus stop next to Hotel and the train station Acton Main line is just 5 minutes walk.

Very very very poor they need to remove the Hotel part on their name they are destroying the industry reputation by misrepresentation

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The washroom on the ground floor next to room 2 is not fit for human use and should be outlawed. Such was the state of the washroom that I preferred to avoid it and take a shower at a Friends house later in the day

Rooms are tired, though it is budget hotel so it's reflected in the price

Location and I was given a large room on ground floor as I had a large suitcase

The handicap accessible room was not easy to move around in and it was extremely difficult to get into/out of the bathroom. The floor was slippery and the toilet paper was not stocked. We had to ask for towels we will be returning next week and WILL NOT use this facility again.

The gentleman at the front was nice

Everything was awful. A to Z. The sheets, the bathroom, the walls.. The bathroom was too small and the tap was broken so the water was too hot that we had very hard time while showering. Think twice before booking.

Price.

There is no lift, so be prepared. The receptionist was rude, abrasive and unhelpful. The stairs were uneven and worrisome. The rooms are tiny and compacted with beds. There was one table but no chairs to sit on. The available WIFI and it's extender are all located at the reception (which seemed like the receptionist was the only one using it and was absolutely rude when asked about the WIFI or internet). The bed(s) were broken and uncomfortable to sleep on. The bed sheets and duvet were all smelling of mold, dam, and sweat. I would Highly NOT recommend this so called Hotel, waste of money and sleep.

There was absolutely nothing to like about this so called Hotel. You would imagine, for the asked value that there would be some sort of comfort from any of the provided and available services (if any) > But NO, expect cheap services and stinking duvet, covers and broken beds.

There are stores very close, is close to Acton Main Line from where You can get in 5 minutes to Paddington. I m always coming at this place like home, is very familiar for me.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

You indicated theres eggs...bacon....beans for breakfast on your board....but it was just toast.

the unlimited butter and u make great toasts. Milk in plenty as well. It was simple but great

Just about everything!!! This room was on the TOP floor with no lift! The room was TINY. App 49 Sq Feet and included a shower a toilet and a sink. I could not even open my suitacase at night because the only way to open was on the bed. I could not sleep in that tiny bed with a suitcase on it. Thank god there was a large window or I would have been clostrophobic. They advertised feww Wifi but you could only get it in the main lobby. They advertised free breakfast but it was tea or coffee and toast. Thats it!!. THe mais did not make up my room the first night. When I complained the person told me that he would bring up a fresh towel. He did not. Also, the location WAY out of London. I had to walk from the hotel to a near bus stop, take a bus to the nearest tube station, then take a 45 minute tube ride into centrol london. This place was SSSOOOO bad that even though I had paid four four nights, I left after the second night. I would NEVER recommend any one stay here eber!!!!

I liked that there were some good Indian restaurants near.

My partner and I had a double room which was more like single size. My mum had a single room with no window but small skylight in roof with bars on. On plus side bedding was clean and bed was ok. Apart from only having two thin pillows for two of us which we had to fold in half to sleep on. There was a dodgy kettle in our room, none in mums room and no tea, coffee or sugar left for us to make a cup of tea. I had to go out and buy everything. When we requested cups we were given glasses.! No remote for television. Bathroom was tiny with no room to dress or dry. No shampoo or shower gel was supplied. One tiny bar of soap in the room was on offer. I have stayed at many B&B around London same price range and much better facilities. My mums shared bathroom smelled bad, and was very dirty. Radiator was rusty. Our sink was so close to toilet it was hard to turn round in small space. Breakfast was served without a smile and consisted of toast (white bread) no choice and coffee or tea. Coffee was vile!!! Couldn't drink it. As we ate our meagre offerings people were queueing up watching us eat as there were not enough tables to accomodate amount of guests. It was near train station only plus side. I definitely will not be staying there again and would never recommend to anyone.

The bed was comfortable and bedding was clean. Clean towels were left in room. Near to train station.

Oh dear! The room was very small. The first room I was allocated was clearly already occupied. In our final room, I had to get help to work the television - it required a cable plugging in. There was a kettle, but no cups, tea or coffee - and only one glass. The bed was very hard indeed. The shower temperature was at best erratic - and "entertaining. Breakfast consisted of two slices of toast, instant coffee and orange cordial.... need I continue?

The location was excellent for what we needed. I found the gentleman at reception friendly and kind.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

i needed a window to open as i was stuffy/warm

hotel is in middle so easy to get in central london between mainline and underground/bus links bed was comfy and bathroom was good - breakfast was ok. staff was friendly..

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I really like it and is and remains my favorite place whenever I go in London. Lovely staff, great location, I love the breakfast as well. Everything.

Mould in the room.carrier bag hanging to light obviously a leak above. Toilet seat held on with black tape. Tv fixtures all there but no tv. General grubbiness. Didn't stop the night. Only stayed for a nap. Payment and booking confirmed by email to be told on arrival payment hadn't been taken.

Polite staff. Comfortable bed

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I was not able to sleep because two people staying in another room next to me were arguing until 5am, one locked the other one out of the room too and it was ages until he got back in. He was shouting and not letting anyone sleep. I stayed in this hotel’s sister hotel a few months ago and forgot my towel behind and when I went back to get it the same day I was told they don’t have it because it’s probably been mixed up with their towels. I had a similar problem at this hotel, where I booked for two nights and the cleaner came to clean my room after one night and took my towel and then upon check out I was told by the cleaner that they have my towel. I just left the towel behind and left. I think my towel may have been taken on purpose in relation to the incident at their sister hotel.

Shower and toilet were was to small couldn’t sit down properly as the toilet was almost hard up against the wall and the shower was too small for a shower curtain that kept sticking to you as you try and shower. The bed was uncomfortable and was on a lean which gave me a sore back and the stair ways were unsafe as they are steep the carpet is lose and the railing is falling apart.

Smelt of old smoke, outside the window was loads of cigarette butts, the room was grubby and the residents were so noisy we thought someone was breaking into our room. Clean sheets were the only bonus , shower room we wouldn’t even use. The pictures on the website did not reflect what we had

Clean sheets

Filthy, mattress solid, noise of guy shouting down phone for an hour one day, noise of couple next door next morning.

It was handy last minute as it had free rooms, I could see why

At the first floor there was bad smell. The wall was full of paint and pieces of dirty. Out of the window it was full of cigarettes, rice and dirty. This is not a hotel, this is a nightmare!!!!

Nothing!! Orrible, all the room was dirty and full of rubbish, under the heater, under the bed, outside! I was pay 44 for 2 person for one night... the closet was behind the toilet door and i cant open. All the Carpet was full of peace of bread and dirty... i dont want to come again!!!

The rooms are very small, but at this price one can't complain really.

Very reasonable and fine for a night. I was only there to sleep, having business in London on a weekend. The staff were friendly and polite. As a woman travelling alone, I felt safe in my room behind a locked door and a firedoor.

No wifi in the rooms. No soundproofing (noise from the busy street & when cleaners start working at 10, I even could clearly hear my neighbor coughing!). there were no cups in the room to use the kettle. Staff cannot be described as friendly and the cleaners showed better interpersonal skills (I suggest they replace the receptionists with the cleaners). The location is poor to say the least if you want to commute or go out for pubs/restaurants. No access to the tube and the only near restaurant is an indian takeaway.

Price. Heating.

The coffee was horrible. Made me feel quite ill. But I appreciated breakfast was included in the price! Even if it was just toast, jam and bad coffee.

It was so nice and warm. It was so unbelievably cheap. The staff were nice, though not customer service types, just nice people (which is all I expect for the price). Read full story: http://comfortisforwimps.com/cheap-hotel-london/

surprised by breakfast. shower hot/cold seemed wrong way round turn temp down to go hot. bed lights not working

With the cold outside the room nice and hot on arrivals (first and times out)

Chair in a room was totally dirty, wind was blowing through the cracks in a window, I was waiting 2 days for a light in toilet. Breakfast - just toasts with jam and butter.

Very nice Polish ladies in a kitchen and receptionist, close to the underground station.

Even tho I called upfront that we will arrive at around 2AM And was informed that it Is alright, we had to Call on like 4 phone numbers which Are written on the doors, yet none of them were answered. After like 20 minutes of ringing the door bell finally someone came And opened...

Convenient location, really cheap, does the job

Fairly basic. Room small, some lights not working. Carpets in hallways and stairs worn.

Good price. Reasonable location fairly easy to get at from centre.

The shower was watering literally entire bathroom, there was no lamp, just a bulb sticking out of the ceiling, the windows were not fitting properly and ait was blowing through. Walls need painting, desk and wardrobe were in a very poor condition, I've seen better ones in a dump. There was a rat poison at the top of a wardrobe... And no wifi!

Staff was nice (except the guy who seemed to be a manager, he was a bit odd and I felt uncomfortable around him). Ladies in the kitchen were excellent thou, it was never a problem to get another cup of tea or an extra toast.

Breakfast was tea and toast. I would have liked the option to pay slightly more for a fry up.

The hotel was exactly as pictured. I needed value for money and just wanted a bed for the night. The room was relatively clean and staff were very friendly. There was no curfew to return to the hotel and I was given a key to the front door.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room had foliage in it when I checked in and really thin walls with noisy neighbours, only one plug socket working, wasn’t told anything about breakfast

The price

terrible mattress, towel not available when I checked in (was provided the day after), remote not working, fire-alarm went off around midnight for some minutes

heating, very quite room

Only bread was available for breakfast, nothing else. Also if there is a hand shower it is good, but it was not present in single room

For 25 pounds a night, this was fine

Well, where do I start first of all the bathroom it’s was so small you could basically sit on the toilet naked and have a shower at the same time, the fan in the room clearly didn’t work for ages as it had loads of dust on it as seen in one of the pictures. Parking was outside the front with a sign that said Monday to Friday one hour parking. The bathroom sink was cracked the dressing table in the room edges were sharp I cut myself on it as seen in one of the pictures And as for the breakfast in the morning when booking was told it was a continental breakfast I don’t think that toast with jam is anywhere near continental breakfast.

The receptionist and cafe staff comportment wasn't good and we didn't get wi-fi in room

The place is comfy, close to the city center and it's a good value for money.

It wasn't very good value for money. For £45 a night I was hoping the bedding would have been a lot better. The state of the room was as if no one had been in it for over a month. The second day the electricity went out on the floor I was staying on and didn't come back for a good 4 hours. Thankfully the heating was on.

Cozy and intimate.

Dirty, terrible bed, small, discusting bed sheets, dirty kettle but no cups or tea. No toiletries despite being advertised. The sink was blocked. No staff on to handle the complaints. Noisey work yard outside the window. This hotel's ammeneties are falsely advertised

Nothing. This is hotel a disgrace

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Really bad hotel in bedroom not clean really dirty nothing clean and not clean showers. We not happy about it and also really rude staff that keep insisting we change our double bed for twin bed just because we were lesbians. Homophobic staff.

Not a single thing.

It is the grubby side of scruffy. Needs a refurb really but presumably that would affect the room rates! A coat of paint and cleaned carpets would help...

For an overnight stay the property is great, to get an en suite room in West London, mid week, at the price I paid is amazing. The hotel is scruffy but the bed sheets were spotless, the en suite small but functional with shower and plenty of hot water, the tv modern and the bed reasonably comfy. I booked a double for the extra space! If you stay in a hotel out of necessity then it fits the bill. Plenty of on street parking too!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I was give a room adjacent to the reception on the ground floor, so I couldn't sleep properly due to people coming and going; they were talking and slamming doors. Also my room was near the breakfast room so people coming and going in there also disrupted me in my sleep, again due to people talking and slamming the doors. The room was completely filthy; the carpet had not been hoovered and cleaned. The room has not been dusted in a very long time, there were cobwebs and dust everywhere. I think the room has not been cleaned in a long time. The only thing done to the room to prepare for the next guest was that the bed linen had been changed.

The price is good for a room but then there will be obvious downsides.

Accidentally booked for wrong day. They said they'd cancel my booking if I paid for the correct day. They took my money for both days. Bed was awful, unclean and uncomfortable. Wifi didnt work.

Literally nothing

The staff member was rude when I questioned about the payment, naturally. No duvet, just s bed sheet and an old blanket....

It was cheap and cheap hotels for emergencies are hard to find.

Draft through the window and noisy road but quietens down around midnight. Walls had stains up them could really do with a fresh coat. But very well maintained for the price, didn’t expect anything fancy. My partner and I spent three comfortable nights here while exploring London, it’s a 20 minute walk to the nearest tube station, but there’s busses and an overground just 5 minute walk away. Nice cafe up the road and Sainsbury’s, petrol station and off licence just opposite. Hotel offers breakfast but we didn’t get the chance to try as only offered between 8.30-9.30am.

Beds were comfy and had plenty of extra blankets, well needed in this weather. Heating all worked well. Was good value for money had three nights here for £155 in a triple room - so if we wanted we could have slept 4 people in there. Not bad. Tv had plenty of channels. Water was nice and hot. Bedsheets all clean and pressed and cleaner knocked each morning to offer clean towels and removal of rubbish. She then hoovered while we were out but left everything else of ours in place as we requested. (We like to leave bags etc off the floor so didn’t want beds made each morning). Given a key for the external door which meant we didn’t have to wait in the cold for an answer. Inside the hotel is very quiet, respectful residents.

The bed was the most uncomfortable in which I have ever had the displeasure of attempting to sleep. Every spring in the mattress had collapsed resulting in a lumpy, noisy, downright painful experience. The sink and toilet were located far too close together, which meant that every sit-down loo experience was an exercise in contortion, and every stand-up experience had to be conducted from an angle. The shower head was fixed, and angled somewhat towards the wall, meaning that no water could directly reach me below the waistline, and washing my hair necessitated pushing my head up against the wall, which was rather inconvenient.

There is nothing good about this place, only some things that aren't awful, like the lack of bed bugs, and the toilet being cleaned daily.

Small tea cup

The cup of tea was small I could of done with another but I had to get to my appiontment , also I have a pair of arithic knees could have done without the stairs(ground floor).

In good need of some TLC. Although it was cheap I still think it wasn't worth the price. The room is so small it was uncomfortable. The blind for the window was on the floor. No WiFi. The bathroom was far too cramped and only one (very thin) pillow was provided I had to use my coat as a pillow. TV was too high up on the wall. The stairs are very old and the steps are small it is dangerous, I nearly fell down them carrying my suitcase up 3 flights of stairs. The walls were paper thin and neighbours were noisy. I wouldn't recommend staying here unless your desperate.

Staff were nice.

A fantastically priced hotel , value for money , a last minute trip resulted in extreme prices , although this hotel help with a fantastic price. There is no problem in the hotel , staff were more than exspected.

The place was cold, my room was at a slant and the staff were extremely rude! The room itself was cold and disgusting, cigarette burns everywhere and had a bad smell. The shower didn't even have a holder and was just hanging there (little to no hot water). Every day in reception there was one or another dodgy looking person having an argument with the staff, who were equally rude and hostile. Disgusting place. AVOID!!!

literally nothing

Shower was too small and didn't empty quickly enough. Had to stretch out to room to avoid the wet bathroom floor. Nearly slipped and hurt myself. Also people in next room to mine were noisy. Talking loudly til at least 3am

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing at all really is a very cheap poor uncomfortable hotel experience was definitely absolutely horrible and bad never again will be back to A to Z absolutely disgusting hotel it stinks of cannabis and very noisy

Nothing at all really is a very cheap poor uncomfortable hotel experience was definitely absolutely horrible and bad never again will be back to A to Z absolutely disgusting hotel stinks of cannabis and very noisy

Everything. You ask them to fix the TV they say they will but they don't. I had 4 flights of steps to get up to my room. The numbers of where your bedroom wasn't very easily numbered. They couldn't understand me at breakfast time when asking for Gluten Free bread and a cold drink. I nearly fell over going into the bathroom as they was a step. The shower curtain stuck to me when I was having a shower and flooded the bathroom.

Room was filthy and TV didn't work. Spent most of first night trying to get it to work, the 2nd night staff could not be bothered to fix it again and eventually I had to fix it on my own. Shower only came out freezing then nothing at all.

Breakfast was nice and ladies who make it are friendly.

The property is in very poor condition. The room is very dirty, there are even cobwebs hanging in every corner. The toilet/shower cubicle is too cramped, it was difficult to sit on the toilet with the door closed. The duvet cover is filthy. TV not working.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Great customer service, always enjoy staying here, excellent value for money for London. Location is good for access to central London. Would recommend.

It is to some of clients too, to be responsible and take care of the state of the rooms and furnitures!

Small, Simple rooms, most are with showers, we could use a microwave down stairs, As a very independent one and need just somewhere to spend night in, this hotel is OK, but who want all services and a breakfast in bed* it will not work for them !

Inside of the shower curtain was caked in thick mould (got a throat infection the next morning which I think was because of this), toilet covered in skids, no soap or shampoo supplied and no window restrictors on the top floor - that’s the room. Room was the size of a small cupboard - not worth £40, £25 tops. The ‘cafe’ where the ‘continental breakfast’ is sold is a food safety hazard to say the least; as you walk in there’s a god awful smell, the fridge was covered in mould, and there was greasy pans on the cooker (probably from the prwvious day). It is by no stretch of the imagination a continental breakfast, it’s literally just toast. The ‘orange juice’ is a very very cheap orange squash, only got a glass of that to be polite, I avoided the food at all cost. The only people I’d recommend this place to are the Food Standards Agency.

The guy on the reception desk was helpful & friendly.

When we arrived, the receptionist wasn't there, someone let's us in and we had to wait for the receptionist who was taking a shower!!! There is strange smell going on the whole building which was so strong on the first day. The room had spider nets on the ceiling and the shower was so small. The sides of the wall hasn't been cleaned for quite some time and especially sides of the bed that was not accessible was revolting. The only duvet cover had stains on it and although the had cleaning services everyday, there were missing sheets every other day. One late evening the fire alarm went off but there was no one to switch it off, there was just a guy who was telling the scared guests that everything's fine, someone was smoking in the room, it took about 25 minutes to be turned off.

The only good thing about this place was the smiley, polite staff, but only if you could find them

The bed and sheets need to be more comfortable.

This hotel's location is really good. There are few supermarkets around which you can easily pick up some daily-used stuff.

absence of towel at arrival moment. My room was at third floor, by stairs, with no information in advance. It is not standard. We need previous information in the page.

They haven't internet wi fi. It was no standard. We need to know previously.

ALL! We got pluri-infected by insect -possibly crawling ones as well!- bites. The rudeness and falsity (when he promised DUE discounts to us given our long stayS he actually cheated us and put UP yhe price!) of the manager. Again; when we kindly asked him (after -altogether- months and therefore comparatively vast amount of money given to him) : "are you the Owner?" "None of your business!" did he reply. We deem this VERY offensive and together with the other many setbacks we suffered there, we are considering sueing A-Z. He made miss many expensive and very important International calls, too! We would like to know if our payments functioned as Receipts, by the way! Please do answer to this!

Which croissant? The Ladies working there were ok.

Mould on the walls in bathroom , dirty walls in the room , tv wasn't working , dirty and old shower , toilet cover broken , sheets clean however no cover on the blanket on the bed which I belive was not washed , totally understand 'cheap hotel' however I can't stand mould and horrible dirt

Staff and cleaners were quite nice

It was dirty and unkept. I found the staff very unfriendly and made you feel like you were intruding

The location was good nor to far from shops and transport

Upon checkin couldnot trace info from the staff where and how we should park a car

Good place to stay if you have low budget, rooms were small (again - for less money you got small room so it is OK), facilities clean. Breakfast was just toast, coffe, juice - (again - for less money you got small room so it is OK)

Couldn't get in at first as the 'receptionist' had gone out for food and none of the phone numbers on the door were answered. I got in only because another guest came out! When the reception guy eventually came back, he was quite unwelcoming and gruff. Not a good experience!

It was cheap! Tiny room with a good en suite. Bed had seen better days. TV up on the wall but difficult to see properly as the room was so small but, I say again, the room rate was cheap so good value! Plenty of local shops and on street parking.

Browse A To Z Hotel traveller photo gallery