Reviews of Mercure Milton Keynes 4 stars

Two Mile Ash, Milton Keynes, MK8 8LY, United Kingdom

#5 of 21 hotels in Milton Keynes

Located in a quiet area next to a leisure facility it makes for a relaxing stay. The room was large enough and had air conditioning. Food is excellent though it can get pricey, but there are lots of opportunities to eat in MK centre five minutes drive away.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Restaurant waiting staff abysmal Bar staff spent most of her tame talking to her friend I asked for a vodka soda water she replied “got none” Will never return to this hotel And I will inform all my colleagues about my experience

Food was poor and the staff likewise

Nothing we had a perfect stay

The young lady on reception was exceptionally helpful. All the staff were friendly. The housekeeping staff greeted us as we moved round the hotel. The staff at breakfast were funny and friendly.

The service in the bar and at breakfast was dismal we had to go search for staff just to be serviced on a few occasions on our 1 night stay At breakfast twice we had to knock on the kitchen door just to get a pot of tea! Nobody was readily available anyone could just go in and eat we weren’t asked for our room number or name shame it had a poor level of service apart from the reception desk

The check in and out service was great

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not enough staff on to cover functions. And the restaurant,we were in the restaurant for two hours and had to keep asking for our food.Did ask for condiments in the end took some off empty tables.wine was missing and an extra portion of mushrooms in the end we gave up asking.........

Good location for us clean and comphy.lovely view especially in the evening.reception staff Very good and helpful.the one remaining bar person not so good,preferred to serve the ladies and ignored my partner,I had time to sort out problems with restaurant bill and wait begins 2 people at reception and sort that out and he still had not been served......location was brilliant for us but would check just how many functions they have on if we go back?

• Privilege Double Room

The only criticism I had was there was no milk in the rooms on the day we arrived and we had to ask every day at reception for milk but to be honest it was only a minor problem the hotel facilities and staff outweighed any problems

The hotel rooms breakfast and location is perfect we will definitely be returning to this hotel

Booked for 2 people for event at hotel and nights stay with breakfast we were not on list for event and after stayed the night was told only 1 breakfast included

Great food L9cation good nice view over golf course Staff helpful Bed comfortable Room clean

NOISE! you can hear eveything as people walk across the hall. Woke me up 3 times during my staff. Not happy

Breakfast was nice, lots of choice and the staff are pleasant. Rooms are good size and clean.

Our room was very warm (air con was available but we couldn’t work out how to use it!).

Very comfortable bed and well equipped room. The staff on reception were really friendly and helpful.

The property didn't have my booking on their system. I arrived late at night and they had to find me a room and tried to charge me a walk in rate and extra for breakfast. I had to argue for some time to get the deal I booked several months prior to arrival.

Shower was decent

The staff were all fantastic. We were put in a quieter room on the second floor without even having to ask. The room was clean and the bed was huge and comfy. Nice and quiet even though there was a party going on downstairs we didn’t hear a thing.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The £5 charge for room service The alarm clock and phone that didn’t work until I googled reset and carried this out despite reporting the fault some 4 hours earlier

We were offered a free upgrade and it certainly made our stay. From the super king size bed to the jacuzzi bath. The room was spotless and the view overlooked the golf course which was really nice.

Room got way to hot during the night think they should show you how to control the temperature of the room.

Everything was good except the room temperature.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed was comfy even though 2 singles put together. Clean and fresh. Staff were attentive when realised that my guest was on crutches a fact that was not passed on from booking site. Fab attention to detail! Great location would recommend!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Always really helpful, friendly staff at the mercure. The room had a beautiful view over the golf course and the beds are so comfy! Always love staying here

• Superior Double or Twin Room

been before and all excellent apart from being charged £1 for a dash of lime in a beer which is very greedy as obviously pay for a pint so should really be a straight swap

A little confused by parking notices. No time to read all what was written on them before parking and only sorted it out when booking in. You had to register your car number when booking in which was OK and effectively was your authouisation to park.

excellent choice of food Helpful waitress service

Food has never been good or good value for money here, I never eat here, just get the room, I go out for dinner in the evening as there are many good restaurants in Stoney Stratford and I don't take breakfast here as they want £12.95 for it, that's mighty expensive when you only have two toast & two poached eggs, or some porridge.

Clean, tidy and convenient

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was a function on and we had been placed in the room directly above the function room. It was impossible to get to sleep until the band finished playing at midnight. The hotel should have warned us about this and given us the option to either cancel the booking or found us a quieter room.

Lovely hotel with modern spacious rooms. Very nice bar and restaurant area.

A bit disappointed with the first night's dinner only because the 'slaw' contained chilli and there was no mention of this in the menu or by the waiter even when they were told the meal was for a child. Not a dislike as such but I noticed there were quite a few children in the hotel - maybe a little game/play area would not have gone amiss.

The breakfast was perfect, lots of choice. The bed was very comfy. The lounge/bar area was roomy. Although not utilised, the outside space looks delightful and I could imagine sitting out there if the weather permitted. Plenty of parking. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Clean throughout, even in the communal places. Reasonably priced dinner menu and bar. Great place to stay if you wish to visit Gulliver's Land and Woburn Safari Park.

I found the room hot and however hard I tried, I could not get the room cooler that 16, and even then it still felt hot! Maybe an idiots guide to operating the air con??

Natalie on Reception was most kind and helpful, to the extent that she rang me within ten minutes of me arriving in my room, to ensure that I was settling in and offered any help. Supper was excellent! squid and ribeye steak. Delish scrambled egg and bacon!!

I have no complaints.

This place is clean, staff are friendly and easy to find. Unfortunately i didn't have time for breakfast so can't comment on this.

Your Happy Hour offer is very misleading and the bar did not have alot of what was supposed to be included.

Good selection for breakfast and rooms were of a good standard.

• Privilege Double Room

The hotel was lovely and the staff were warm and friendly....our room was amazing and the bathroom was gorgeous...we stayed in a privilege room and was better than expected...overall it was fantastic and would recommend to anyone and would definitely stay again 😃

As per a lot of buffet breakfasts, some of the hot food was getting a bit 'tired' - fried eggs and the sausages, which was a shame, as everything else was great.

Lovely bedroom with tea facilities and a comfy bed. The main reason for staying was the location - 5 mins walk to the Golf course clubhouse (party) and the cooked breakfast in the morning. Staying overnight Saturday meant we were not impacted by the works going on to the reception entrance.

• Standard Twin Room

building renovations must be carried out, but the entrance wasn't well marked for those arriving after dark

comfy room, straight forward and very pleasant staff

Ran out of gin. And bar staff couldn't make a cocktail that was on the menu so I had to buy a drink I didn't really want instead Gym is appalling

I wasn’t advised they needed a £30 authorisation when I checked in. We also had waited ages at breakfast and had to find a waitress to ask for coffee as we were not approached at all. Did not find the quality worth the price

Restaurant staff were reluctant to approach guests or offer positive conversation. When asked we asked for dinner recommendations we were recommended the curry due to the fact that they “had had no complaints about it so it must be good”. Very limited availability of food on the night due to ingredients being out of stock and we were left waiting for drinks for long period.

Good size room, good ambience of the restaurant, nice food.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Team member on the bar let them down, blonde young woman who went on a break after telling us she would speak to the chef about vegetarian coeliac friendly food options and didnt pass this on to anyone.

The chef William was amazing, went above and beyond to cater to dietary needs and was friendly and approachable. The housekeeping team do a great job, the breakfast team are friendly the reception team are very efficient.

Noise from bedroom window.. people standing outside near smoking area .. also leaving function late at night very noisy

Nice smell in rooms .. comfy bed , cheap drinks in bar

The walk from the car was long and the staff had no idea what they were doing with my booking it took quite a while to get it sorted

It was good as you would expect for a hotel if a little dated

The change over after the first night wasn't very good. Only one set of towels replaced and the cups and glasses not cleaned and tea and biscuits not replaced. But this was rectified when we contacted reception.

Accommodation very good with room very comfortable and registering in very easy

• Privilege Double Room

A little noisy during the early morning as small stairs near room 153 creek assume it was night and morning staff. Gym facilities good Breakfast very good.

• Standard Twin Room

Food at restaurant let the whole experience down. Our evening meal was a let down. I had fish and chips, batter was thick, sticky and under-cooked, see photo.

Breakfast was great

There was nothing I disliked about the hotel

Friendly staff helpfull and kept to a very high standard would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to my friends and family excellent hotel .

Mix-up on the price of my room as Booking.com hadn't amended my confirmation after I changed the room I'd booked. All sorted quite easily though.

Great staff, lovely room, wonderfully comfy bed. I needed nothing extra.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing really, don't expect as a 'Central' hotel but for vfm, staff attention and facilities hard to fault

Great bed, Staff really on things - Bar was good and a fantastic breakfast!

• Standard Twin Room

Confusion in booking online. Booked a twin bedded room for myself as main person and my wife as guest. Obviously didn`t understand your system as you only expected my wife as guest. Next time will ring you to book.

Easy to understand the layout of bar, restaurant and room. Good view from the room of the wedding reception area and golf links. Wonderful view of Milton Keynes at night.

The window for our room, and I believe all of the rooms, doesn't have much of a safety lock. It does have a latch, but this can be unlatched and the window is quite big and opens very wide. Needs to be more safety on that as a child could easily fall through if window left unlatched accidentally.

The staff were extra friendly upon arrival. Beds were super comfy and overall a lovely place to stay just for one night.

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

There were not many staying on our night visit and a large amount of breakfast was cooked so by the time we came in for breakfast the cooked food had stood for a long while and was cold.

Came back from a party at Abbey Hill Golf Club at 11pm and decided to have drinks before bed but the bar was shut.

Nice comfortable bed. Clean room/bathroom. Pleasant bar area.

• Superior King Room

Stairs to the first floor with luggage Bar staff didn't appear enthusiastic ! no fresh lemon for G & T ! Orange juice at breakfast not freshly squeezed

Quiet room, comfortable bed, nice decor

• Superior King Room

Thermostat/aircon in room was difficult to use. I woke up half way through the night as it got too hot.

Staff were very friendly and accomodating!

• Superior King Room

the reception is not visible whe you arrive which was a little disconcerting being a women on my own wandering around in the car park

the staff were lovely

• Standard Twin Room

Entrance sign to side door. Entrance unavailable due to work in progress. steps up then down via side entrance. tables too close together in dining room at breakfast. Difficult to pass sitting diners to obtain food.

comfortable room/good faciltities

• Superior King Room

The heating was difficult to understand and noisy when working. I had to switch it off to get to sleep. Small maintenance jobs needed in the room. In particular a light not working in the bathroom was particularly inconvenient.

Convenient to where we were visiting. Comfy bed.

Entrance but understand work was being carried out.

Breakfast was better on the second day as we were not as late. Bed was OK, but mattress could have been a bit better. Heated towel rail would have been nice. Heated bathroom floor was lovely.

• Privilege Double Room

I've stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels but this hotel was so much better then where I've stayed in the past . Hotel was beautiful . The rooms where a lovely size , we had a jet bath and a lovely view of the golf through are window . Very relaxing ! A lovely man knocked and gave us free chocolates and drinks just to say thank you for booking ! Brilliant , will definitely stay again when in the area .

• Standard Twin Room

The bar was full of men watching football....didn't really feel welcome or that we fitted into the hotel as a mature lady travelling with mother.

Beds were very comfortable and slept well

Breakfast could have been included for free.

The staff really made me feel welcome. Night staff Nick and Rob were amazing and pacified one irate guest with empathy and professionalism.

Breakfast was okay but I don't particularly like buffet type service as it isn't always as "fresh" as it might be.... it was okay here, but I was down quite early for breakfast.... Belt toasters are never my favourite either..... once through, barely touched it... twice trough, nearly cremated it...

Seems to be a good quiet location but not far from central Milton Keynes, although not walking distance!

Can’t find fault

Room was huge and so spacious. The bathroom with a walk in shower was spectacular. The bed was the most comfiest. Perfect lighting in the perfect location really did set the mood.

Front entrance building works not mentioned on booking website. Was disappointed as had taken partner there for the first time. Noisy room location too. Charge of £5.00 for tray delivery added to room service menu. I was on the ground floor.

Comfy bed. Great staff.

Room was a bit wiffy when I first went in. I don't feel it was properly cleaned as there were old stains from drinks on the bedside table. The was also a large piece of matted hair on the carpet as if someone had cleaned their hairbrush. There was a gentleman waiting on in the restaurant who was way too serious. He needs to lighten up a little 😊 All 3 of our rooms were insufficiently stocked with tea, coffee etc

Excellent location for our needs. Good food in the restaurant. We all enjoyed it. Staff really pleasant.

I paid £57 for the room but breakfast wasnt served till 7.30am.I had to be at work by 6.45am so could not have the breakfast id paid for! Id have expected breakfast to be available from 6am in a hotel of this class.

Bed very comfortable

I was unable to turn off the air con in our room, which prevented me from sleeping due to the noise.

Friendship staff and the hotel was well looked after.

Unfortunately there were a lot of stairs down to my room with a bath, but staff helped with my luggage. The room was very comfortable. I encountered a few minor problems which Maria sorted. A 'pillow menu' would be nice, I prefer softer pillows. I did report that I was not happy with the food; either at night, or breakfast. But I was offered a discount and an apology. The matter was to be taken up with the chef.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially Maria, who went to a lot of trouble to change my room for one with a bath. The morning receptionist who sorted directions for me. The bar staff and restaurant (?) manager.

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Food and drink ridiculous expensive, after 30 min awaiting to order, over £9 a glass of wine.

Excelente hotel, beautiful and cosy. Clean, friendly staff, big rooms.

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Very poor lighting in bathroom, light is behind you therefore casting shadow ,needs light above mirrors

Best hotel breakfast we have had for a long time

• Superior King Room

A pool would have been nice. A little far away from the airport Beer way too expensive @ approx £5.50 a pint

Modern rooms Staff Breakfast good Close to Volkswagen Learning Centre

No lift, so cases upstairs. Help was offered to carry them though.

Friendly staff. Gorgeous decor and very comfortable. No disturbance from a Christmas party going on either.

• Standard Twin Room

When I arrived the car park was completely taken up by Christmas party parking. The restaurant chairs were uncomfortable, the food was mediocre and priced highly for what it was.

The staff seemed friendly enough Close to shopping centres

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Because they had a Wedding - Having all arrived around 2.30 p.m. we all unpacked then went to the bar lounge for a drink and food. Unfortunately the waiting time was over an hour, which no one was happy about Obviously all kitchen staff were in attendance with the Wedding, to me that is not good enough. Also they had run out of half pint glasses at the bar. For breakfast, you could not fault the selection. Problem was there were no staff frying the eggs or checking what turreens needed filling up. In fact one of the senior staff in her grey uniform was cooking eggs no sign of kitchen staff. We took our hot plate and started to put food on the plate when we lifted the lid to the sausages there were none there. Three of us had to wait for them to be cooked, letting our food on our plate getting cold. Shame there was a skeleton staff.

Room was excellent, lovely comfortable bed, nicely decorated, nice to have free shower gel etc. Could not fault it.

• Privilege Double Room

The cleaner did just walk into our room in the morning, me and my partner heard no knocking, so she walked in and we were so shocked as I was getting done doggy so rather embarrassing

Friendly staff, bed was super comfy. Bath also was super amazing loved it. Breakfast being delivered to your room is just perfect when you are having a lazy morning.

Nothing. No complaints whatsoever.

Lovely clean and well presented room and hotel. Was only an overnight stay so only used the room to sleep and recover butbwould have been happy to have made more use of the hotel facilities and would choose it again if I needed a hotel in the area.

• Standard Twin Room

A member of kitchen staff I think they were snapped at me at breakfast. It wasn’t clear I couldn’t go behind the food area... it was a buffet so I assumed I could as I didn’t know the staff served the customers. There wasn’t any staff when I walked behind it. He really shouted when he came out of the kitchen at me!

Reception Staff were lovely and helpful

Very noisy air con or heating fan unit outside room. On and off all night so not very good sleep.

Facilities were quite good. Building clean and tidy.

Not good value evening meals. Should be value set meals available. Captive clients but to many eat out for good buisness sense.

Excellent site. Great breakfast fantastic room overlooking golf course

• Standard Twin Room

We were overcharged for our stay by almost £200 and we had to return to get it corrected

The hotel was clean and in a quiet location Breakfast was excellent and value for money

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

It did take four hours for me to access the hotel WiFi due to a router problem. This did inconvenience me greatly. However the evening receptionist was extremely helpful in resolving the situation.

Able to adjust heating to suit me.

Night porter

Natalie on reception was outstanding. She deserves recognition for her hard work. So pleasant and welcoming. The night porter not so good however. More customer service training required.

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

My friend and I are both light sleepers so did hear doors shutting in the corridor and footsteps from the room above so maybe better noise insulation? However, if you're a sound sleeper it would be fine. Better complimentary coffee. This is really nitpicking I know, but an early cuppa before emerging from the room is quite important!

The staff were very knowledgeable and friendly. The room was clean, well equipped and roomy. The beds were very comfortable and the duvets cosy and warm. The restaurant (and reception area) were beautifully designed and welcoming. The menu had a good variety of dishes to choose from. My friend and I both had the sirloin steak. It was cooked to perfection and delicious. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Superior King Room

Musty smell in bedroom. Bar shut at 11 - too early for an hotel. My online request for breakfast for my daughter and her husband was not picked up by the hotel. Quite a few steps up to the bedrooms - no lift. Chairs in bar area not at all comfortable.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was spacious. Bed was huge!

• Standard Double or Twin Room - Non-Smoking

It's in a bit of a strange location, anyone getting here by train could get a taxi for about £4 or get the 14 bus to Downland, then walk straight ahead and turn onto The Approach and it's about five minutes.

The hotel was absolutely beautiful inside and the staff were very attentive and friendly. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Milton Keynes. The room was large and the breakfast was excellent.