Reviews of Aberdeen City Centre Hotel 3 stars

Belmont Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1JR, United Kingdom

#40 of 46 hotels in Aberdeen

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was very difficult to find and the parking at the rear was even more difficult to find. It was very noisy as well. It was a Saturday and with the window closed all you could hear were the people partying in the streets. We were woken at 3am by some kind of loud flute music.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a large selection for breakfast.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

There was nothing to dislike with this hotel.

The staff were very friendly and the hotel was very central located. I would definitely book this hotel again.

No complaints

As a regular visitor ,The hotel is very central with shops and eating places bus and train station Good clean rooms nice staff and a good selection of food for breakfast .We were there on the 11th June for two nights and booked again for the 16th July for 3 nights . Alex and Anne

The showering of the car in cigarettes etc. the rest of the stay was excellent

The hotel and staff were great. Parking a nightmare. Parked in designated area but In morning found that the car had been showered in cigarette ends, ash and matches

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We rented one of their apartments. I'll have to say that I was concerned about the building as it is old. Once you get past that hang-up, you're off to a good stay. The apartment was fine and exceeded my expectations. Staff are courteous, you are in the town center, and the continental breakfast is actually more than muffins. The family all agreed that this was a good deal.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Living area a bit small for 4 adults and when we went for breakfast there was very little left no clean cups for a coffee and tables hadn't been cleared

Air con in the room ,central for aberdeen city

• Large Twin Room

Great Breakfast. The nice lady even made fresh waffles for my children. Room was big enough for the 4 of us - we could even play cards at the table with sofa. Location great - lot's of bars and restaurants just a step away.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The hang over next day! far too easy to let go and party in the near by night clubs and pubs.

Very helpful staff, great atmosphere in Siberia pub. Bonus of 25% off the food when you stay. Mate wanted a cook breakfast, we were staying in the apartment , got a substantial cooked breakfast at the wild boar for under. £5.00.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The room was quite small, and no hot water in the evening.

Loved the jacuzzi only downside was I had a bath in the evening thinking would be hot but was Luke warm. Perhaps because everyone else had already had? Should be stated though that not always hot if other residents are or have used the hot water. Had a bath the following morning (early) and was hot then. Loved the location, was perfect. Staff were lovely.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

First the room was deep down in the basement, once down there, nothing else works, except the WiFi. I had two phone providers, of which one is Vodafone and EE respectively. No coverage signal, meaning I have to come out of my room to make and receive phone calls. Not ideal for business, or even to stay in contact with friends and relatives!

With the exception of the WiFi. nothing else, really!

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Entrance and reception are a little stark as is the breakfast facility. The rooms on this level are noisy at night as the are directly below the bar

City centre location, friendly staff. Small but tastefully appointed rooms

Over the last couple of years I hve ended up in Aberdeen in May For work. I had first stayed at the Travelodge - but it was filled with very young Beer swigging types: I ended up getting a refund and staying at Aberdeen City Hotel. WHAT a find! I didn’t have to pay for Parking as there is a tiny car park for their guests at the rear of the hotel. Parking per day (as there is no street parking in Aberdeen) is minimum £20/day, so the fact they have a car park available to guest, saves pennies straight away. Worth calling to confirm your Car Parking space straight after booking on line, or send message at point of Booking. Think there’s 5 spaces - and it’s on quite an angle, but, shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to get on and straighten up! Rooms are very clean and neat - it’s had a refit in the last 2/3 years I would say. I always stay in the single room - it’s a small room but still lovely and very reasonable. Nice large, on wall, TV: plenty of channels and FREE WIFI throughout the building. Above the hotel there is a large public house - I was concerned of noise from that, but I’ve never been bothered in the times I’ve stayed. All windows are double windows, so well insulated for sound, and the noise has never bled through to my room. In the morning from 7am there is a complimentary breakfast - cold meats and cheeses, croissants, multiple choice of breads/jams and cereals. There are bottles of water and fresh fruit for you to take away too. The coffee machine gives you plenty of options, right down to flat white - which was actually very good for a machine coffee (using freshly ground coffee). If you want decaf of tea there are instant options and many choices of tea bags. Fruit juice and waffles also available if your that kind of sweet morning eater! On my exit this time I left at 6am. Before breakfast time, and the chap on the desk offered me Fresh Fruit/Sandwich making options and two cups of coffee - one for now and another later.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Room was hot and couldnt figure out how to cool it down, on the other hand if wed asked staff which we didnt then am sure they wud of helped with air con

Everything, the security was good getting in and out aswell and staff were very helpful

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Don’t stay here if you want get any sleep. Wouldn’t recommend anything more than a 1 night stay, we were woken 4-5 times during the night with noisy guests talking and banging doors. We expected to be disturbed through the night because we were able to hear the guest next doors’ shower running as soon as we entered the room on check in. The walls are obviously paper thin and it literally feels like the people next door are in the same room as you. Also seat was too low at the desk where the mirror and plug sockets were so we couldn’t see ourselves in the mirror when trying to do hair... and no plugs besides any other mirrors, strange lay out Also room felt as though we were underground as ceilings are so low and room quite small and cramped with concrete floors. This didn’t bother us much but couldn’t do more than one night here.

Spa bath was a nice touch

Nothing really.

We were absolutely delighted with our stay. An added bonus 25% discount on drinks and food at Siberia bar next door. Everything on your doorstep.

Car parking is not ideal. Cooked breakfast is not an option. Though continental breakfast was good. Xx

Location was fab. Staff were fab and went all out to help us. Even went above and beyond ensure my mums birthday was celebrated.

I thought by the way it was worded in my booking that all rooms had a spa bath

Hotel very central and clean. They had free parking which is very hard to find in Aberdeen

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Room was like a cupboard, bed was very uncomfortable, bathroom could have been cleaner and breakfast area was more hostel than hotel. Sort no photos didn’t want evidence that I stayed there. Never again

The receptionist was very polite, answered the phone promptly when we were lost and gave good directions. She explained everything well and check out was quick. Very central location great if your walking to shops, theatre etc.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Too many stairs inside the property. Very noisy inside probably because if the noisy wooden floors on the numerous stairs. Not much left at breakfast except boxes of cereal.

Excellent location. Great for a one night stay. Well worth what we paid for it.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Dark space, no daylight. Unpleasant room for breakfast. Breakfast not to good, come early or most is gone. Noisy staff.

The receptionist is fine. Perfect location. Parkingplace if you are Lucky.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Hard to fault anything as was exactly what was required. But can be noisy due to the building design, but the place was booked for a night out not a spa day 😊

Couldn't fault the staff as they were very polite,friendly and helpful. The room was exactly spot on and was immaculate. This place was absolutely spot on and I'd recommend anytime.

• Large Twin Room

Bigger signs for rooms as corridors were a bit like a maze if u couldn't remember correctly the direction of your room lol

Lovely spacious room, loved the spa bath. Waffle machine was great in the morning.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The room was just a bit cool. I am no good with technology and operating electrical stuff, so just left it.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Plus I think the comfiest bed I have ever slept in.

Parking is not great and very awkward to get to

The bed was comfy , breakfast was standard and hotel very clean and located in perfect area for a night out .

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Spa bath didn't fill up enough to operate the water jets! The plug didn't fit. Bed a little hard for .me

Friendly, convenient, nicely furnished, great breakfast

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Breakfast was a little bit basic and not topped up often of products however couldn't complain as saved boyfriend and I a lot of money.

Bed was super comfortable and perfect size for two people. Staff were super welcoming and friendly. Rooms were very private and cosy. Excellent rooms for a good price and for 2 young adults the location was excellent!

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The rooms were small. We booked 2 rooms and I couldn't believe the difference between the two. Yet they cost the same. One of the rooms seemed alright for space and had a sofa , the other room was shocking. Just enough room to walk past the bed to get to the bathroom. Staff gave me grief because I had guests when the booking was made for 2 rooms 4 adults. I was only nipping out for a cigarettes at the time and was returning to the room anyway. The noise level from upstairs wasn't too bad in the room I was in although the morning was different. Sounded like furniture being moved around so no chance of a long lie in 😖 We were told that you get 25% off drinks from the bar upstairs. Don't be fooled. This is only on selected drinks so be sure to ask first before you order drinks. Bit of a con as this was one of the factors that helped me choose staying at this hotel. We won't be back. There are better hotels that cost less around the city centre.

Central location.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The add advertised onsite parking but when we arrived late they advised us we had to park at a public car park which was 10-15 Minutes walk away - which was very inconvenient especially when it was cold and raining and we could have chosen another hotel that offered parking onsite

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

When we first came in I had the impression that it was thoroughly cleaned. The floor is sticky and I think that they would need to refurbish the apartment.

It was in the city centre and the staff were helpful.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

My wife wanted a bath before going to bed at about 9.30, however we had no hot water and had to find someone to fix. The fan in bathroom hummed even when turned off, irritating noise.

Location. Parking. Price

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The room was ridiculously freezing to start with but when the heating eventually kicked in was way too hot.

The spa bath tub was so superb. Lazed in it so long missed goimg for supper out as it was that good. The reception lady put a banner up for my partners birthday which was just a lovely thimg to take the time to do. She was also willing to help with things I needed like a bottle opener and a knife for my limes ;-) Ample selectiom for cold breakfast. Perfect centre location.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The parking was odd- beside the road and next to a compactor. The alternative was not possible for our car as it was not powerful enough to ascend the steep slope. Yikes!

Friendly staff, Ellie, who helped us with all our questions. The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable and breakfast was included in the price so it was a great deal! Last but not least, the location is everything. The back of the hotel leads out into a street that is less than a minute's walk from the main shopping area.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The hotel isn’t the easiest to find, along with the car park and the shower is kind of difficult to work out due to the duo control of the shower and bath.

The hotel is extremely central, comfortable, decently sized, the staff are very helpful and definitely worth the money.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

First night we decided to have a bath and noticed that there were male pants on the back of the bathroom door. Second night we discovered our Air conditioner didn’t work. Staff did offer another room however it didn’t have a spa bath as it was the disabled access with shower only. We declined as I had my arm In a cast so wasn’t appropriate. Staff did supply a heater on a extension however this didn’t work either. Parking is restricted to a small car park which is up a steep bank. However to be expected being in the city centre.

Loved the bath. Room was cosy and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Large Twin Room

Arrived late from a long flight phoned ahead and was told to go to the bar next door for access, this was done quickly with no real problems. Room was big and comfortable good shower and bath.kids were cold in the room to start with but soon warmed up. Breakfast had lots of Choice for small area and the freshly made waffles went down a treat.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The location, the staff , the breakfast, the room- were all great. Our room was right near a major road but there was no noise. Room was clean and comfortable and the staff so friendly and helpful. Great breakfast too.

Having to leave at 11am to check out

Fantastic Location! Only down the lane from union street. Next door to the vodka bar, and next to pubs. Comfortable bed and jacuzzi bath was lovely. Was down from Glasgow for my partners birthday and the hotel gave us a bottle of prosecco on the house which was amazing ( thank you ). My partner actually proposed to me, and this is what makes this hotel special. Thanks for a fantastic weekend guys.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The staff were superb, offering to make waffles for breakfast was a bonus! The whirlpool bath was a luxury and free toiletries were included. The location was fab for shopping, eating and drinking ...

My room was under the bar so it was a bit noisy. Duvet could have been warmer. The breakfast area is very cramped when folk want to eat at the same time. OK for one night.

The proximity to the town centre

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Went to reception to complain about a horrible smell that was outside our room...she really wasn’t interested and told me that was that and never even apologised or offered anything else to help....she was too busy eating her tea in front reception....didn’t look good.... Bed was hard!!!!!!... Nobody there to check out .lots of guest waiting so had to write a note in end to say had left key and what room Breakfast ...there wasn’t slot to offer as running out of items and we were there at 8;45

Area

• Double Room with Spa Bath

No hot water. No water coming out of tap for the bath. Not much selection for breakfast. Fruit looked out of date and morning rolls were rock hard. No one on at reception after 8pm.

The staff were very friendly. Room was nice and big.

breakfast was poor choice, room was tiny, shower was not warm or hot but in fact cold, parking was not really suitable for the van which they advised it was, toilet seat was broken, the window didn't open, the heating was on 32 degrees and wouldn't change, when i asked the staff if the bedding was feather as i am allergic the reply im pretty sure they are synthetic wasn't really good enough in my opinion,

right next to a nando's and main street

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

It wasn’t very clean, all food that was in the room was out of date. Room smelt damp. Water was warm not hot for shower or bath.

It was in the centre so close to all Pubs/clubs

• Double Room with Spa Bath

No hot water at night so no spa bath (my reason for booking the hotel in the first place) after a 6 hour drive. I was made out to be a liar by the staff the next day and I quote, 'well everyone else had hot water'. Not quite sure how she knew that. Yes I could have found the night porter but the time I had eaten wilst filling the bath to find there to be no hot water it was best I went to bed. The ramp to the carpark was very steep and covered in snow and on my way down the car slid the last 3 or so metres into the main road.

Very comfortable bed.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The spa bath was dirty. We paid extra for it but when it started running the water was black with dirt from the pipes . It obviously had not been cleaned properly.

Central location. Helpful staff member on reception.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

the air con/heating system is very noisy in the room, and even when I turned it off to sleep it still made a whirring sound on and off. Also the stone floor was chilly, I was glad of the rugs but they don't cover the whole surface. It's pretty but not comfy!

the Jacuzzi bath is amazing! and the breakfast is fresh and varied, with such friendly staff to help.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

It was in a noisy location and the air conditioning seemed to make loud noises even when switched off. The breakfast area could’ve been slightly bigger, we felt we had to wait until there was less than 3 people as there wasn’t much room.

The spa bath was excellent, definitely the highlight of our stay.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Theres quite a few stairs to get down to the reception and if on lowest level quite a few more. For the less able this should be made a wee bit clearer when booking. Was a thought for wife to have to climb 62 (from memory) stairs from lowest level, but would still stay again.

Great location, staff very helpful and even though a lover of full Scottish the Continental was great and set us up for most of the day. Deep bath enjoyed.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

On the 24th of February I has booked in and everything was fine until we came back. And the man who was on unfortunatly didn't get his name, but he was soooo rude to us , shouting at us "What room number are you. No guests allowed" which we had no guests. was so rude to us all. Although the lady in the morning was amazing and made us all waffles she was lovely! room had an awful smell!! the shower had no curtain.

The price

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Sometimes a bit noisy. Nothing you cant deal with though.

Location is one of the best for a stay in Aberdeen. Parking at the rear is tight but always managed to get parked. Rooms are very clean and nicely decorated.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The parking is bad , when I arrived after reserving a space there was already 2 cars parked at the bottom and 3 at the top this left one space (which aren't very big ) to get into . The parking is also up a very steep and uneven hill. When I was leaving the car park due to the steepness the underneath of my car was scratched .

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The foods meant to be served to 7pm in the pub the hotel owns next door but couldn't get served at 6pm, too busy so had stopped serving was a bit miffed. The night porter who worked in the hotel Saturday night just gave you dirty looks when you came in and was rude too put us off going back. We thought he was the boss with his bad attitude. Apart from him the whole experience was amazing

Staff lovely and friendly in the pub next door, food great and you get a discount if your in the hotel, good atmosphere too. Cleaning staff in hotel lovely too and most staff who worked there

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Room was a little tight but still great none the less.

Location was great as in the city centre. Bed was so comfy and the spa bath was a bonus and really relaxing!

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The room wasn’t very big and the bed was tiny but it was very comfortable , the breakfast was a big let down

The bath was amazing and the staff were lovely. If looking for somewhere central then this hotel is amazing right in the middle.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

There were quite a few cracked tiles in the bathroom and the high bath/ low ceiling made it a bit awkward for a tall person to shower.

Nice breakfast with plenty of choice. Very comfy bed and pillows and warm, spacious room.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

The lamp shade was on the bed when we walked in and we found a pair of socks under the bed. The room was a little chilly, but over all we were happy.

Without a word of a lie, the most comfy pillows. Spa bath was a treat. Whilst the car park is a little inconvenient, it was great to have parking available. Fantastic location.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

I came here 4 weeks previous for a friends birthday and thought it was nice and the jacuzzi bath won it for me so I decided that this is where me and my fiancé were going for our night away. The bath was dirty so I had to clean it before using the jacuzzi, water was not hot infact it was barely even warm, we ended up using the kettle to boil some water up so I could get some warmth in the bath, the shower ran so slow too.

Hotel is central, staff are lovely.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Spa bath in bathroom, but it didn't work. Tried to get the AC to be reasonable temperature but it was either off or too hot. Automatic coffee machine poured more coffee than cups could hold.

For a good price, I had a comfortable room with a bit of an unusual look and feel. Location was excellent and use of a free parking space good. Breakfast was basic but adequate.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Fantastic central hotel very comfy bed, continental breakfast was plentiful and very enjoyable. Jacuzzi bath in room was fantastic wee bonus !!! Staff were really friendly and helpful. Very good value for money.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

It was noisy at night which was partially expected since its below a club. An extra towel rail in the bathroom in front of the bath would have been good. Breakfast was good but maybe try and seperate reception from breakfast bit. Maybe put a note right in front of waffle maker to attract attention to instructions. It was quite difficult getting my car up the deep slope from a dual carriageway due to tight angle, although there is a slip road in front. I would not recommend the parking to nervous drivers.

The bed was very nice and I really loved the softness of the covers. I personally liked the carpets as it added character to the rooms and the stone floors were cool. The jacuzzi bath was very pleasent although could have done with a clean. The breakfast was nice and I really enjoyed making my own waffles.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

I expected a lovely clean spacious room but instead we were in a tiny pokey room which was dark and beside the road side underground with the noise of cars passing. The bath room was the biggest disappointment, it was so grotty, expected a lovely spa bath as described and met a horrible, moldy, uninspiring bath that had missing parts and a mildew bath curtain. Was concerned for having a 5 minute shower let alone enjoy a spa bath! There was interior work being done to the hotel and there was rubbish left everywhere. Wanted a nice hotel to stay in for a peaceful getaway, should have just gone for another hotel. This one just isnt worth the money. The receptionist was polite but we only got one card key so when one of us went out the other had to either walk to the front of the hotel to let the other in or sit in the dark until they got back!

The location is the best part but you can find about 10 better hotels around the area which are around the same price range. Theres free wifi. Easy to find.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Nothing, to like , was greeted nice on the way in , think it was the owner who we seen on the way out, very drool, foreign, don't think he understood us, plus they didn't say what the breakfast was, we were expecting a fry up but no it was continental? Full English or Scottish, ? We don't think so , not our cup of tea

• Double Room with Spa Bath

We had no hot water for the first few hours, wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast set out it looked more like it belonged in a hostel not a hotel, would not have paid £56 if I knew we wouldn't get hot water. Pub next door is very noisy and kept my partner up most of the night

Beds are extremely comfy with foam mattresses. Spa bath is brilliant. Great location

• Large Twin Room

Wasn’t up early enough for breakfast a lot of things ran out the time we got up but it was fine. The staff could do with uniforms. At night us girls had a few drinks and when entering a man stood on stairs letting us past then followed us to our room and asking what room we were in. A strange man we wouldn’t tell him the correct room but followed us down anyway wasn’t until we got in our room we realised he must have been staff but to us he could have been anyone. Was a little creepy.

Lovely hotel witch was close to pubs and shops just what we wanted the beds were comfy and was a good stay.

• Large Twin Room

For being only 3 star and in centre of town I was very surprised how nice this hotel was! The jacuzzi bath was great. Stayed for the night after being on a night in town and was ideal location for this!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

When I requested for a grace time of 15 to 20 minutes during check out it was not considered but immediately I was told that they would charge an extra fee if 20 pounds. That was very unfriendly and inhospitable..

The breakfast was limited and no much of choices.. There is a need for someone to supervise the restaurant and refill empty trays/ dishes.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Didn’t feel like it was in the middle of the city it was so peaceful at night.

Quiet,cosy warm room, comfortable bed and plenty of hot water in the spa bath. Wide choice of gluten free items for breakfast and fresh fruit. Inexpensive meal and vodka shots in the bar next door. Fabulous for shops and nightlife! Enjoy our stay,

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The noise from the pub below until 1pm was an issue with us having our two young children with us. However, very quiet from 1pm onwards considering its right in the centre of town. Be ideal hotel to stay at if you were having a night out with friends.

Location is perfect if you want to be right at the heart of Aberdeen. Quick, easy check in. Staff very friendly.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Security lighting in bedroom. Green light over bed all night made sleep impossible. No dish towel to wash dishes. Wobbly door handle, if it came off no means of exit. Dirty dishes left in dishwasher. Bath plug not working properly. Makeshift repairs to previous damage to doors. Got impression apartment had been abused by previous occupants. Lack of cutlery. No adequate directions. Impossible to find in centre of Aberdeen.

Staff were lovely. Security was good. Food left in room was good. Buffet breakfast was plentiful. No quibble refund given.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Only criticism would be a little cleaner and there was mould in bathroom could be done with a fresh up.However i would recommend and will stay again.

bed was comfy ,location perfect ,staff excellent loved the bath and the breakfast stuff in room is a nice touch

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Was looking forward to relaxing in the bath as advertised and in booking but on arrival no bath,

Comfortable bed breakfast is diy although hams and fresh fruit is ut out for you but no cooked breakfast overall a very pleasant stay

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Room was stuffy, Spa bath hadn't been cleaned properly as there was hair in It, couldn't shower in the morning as the water was freezing and the bed felt like you were sleeping on bags of sand, also next to the door was a bright green light to indicate where the door was in case of evacuation but this kept us awake.

It was easy accessible and very central

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had traveled from the very south of the UK, we had been up since 2.30am so the strict restriction time to check in at 3pm was a shame. We returned to the hotel at 2.30 but still had to wait until 3pm. We have stayed at places before that have let us in, sometimes several hours early. Our apartment needs revamping, some bits are a bit tired looking, but it was clean, warm and comfy.

The beds were very comfy the two ladies who were on reception were friendly, and very helpful with good local knowledge. The breakfast on offer was good. The location couldn't be better either! Four minute walk to the theatre & the shops/places to eat are all within easy walking distance. The Aberdeenians are wonderful friendly people too.

• Large Twin Room

Everything was perfect. Good value for the money

The room was big and comfy, they kept it really clean. The bed was soft and nice. I was amazed that my room had a jacuzzi. The toilet super big and clean. In general the room was in a really good conditions. The breakfast was so good. It was continental but they offered different kinds of cheese, jam, bread, fruits, juices, delicius coffee and it was a buffet, we had plenty of food. The location of the Hotel is right in the centre of the city, easy to find it. It was perfect and the price was low.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

You could hear the people in the room above quite clearly.... especially them waking about. (& coughing) Woke up quite a lot due to this.

Lovely warm waffles for breakfast.... never seen that anywhere else!