Reviews of Aindale

24 Palatine road, Blackpool, FY1 4bt, United Kingdom

#174 of 378 B&Bs and Inns in Blackpool

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Modern clean rooms with a good breakfast friendly owner....all good.

The only negatives for me was the location not being as seafront or surrounding area that I liked it was a little inconvenient but not a major issue & wouldn't affect my decision to stay again.

Cheap deal, very modern well decorated & room which had nice features matching pictures, dressing table etc, good sized double bedroom with tub chairs & a table, modern furniture & bathroom fittings, breakfast included was adequate & female owner pleasant & friendly would visit again.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

We had a lovely greeting.

Our bed was creaky.

We had a lovely greeting.was wowed by the room.was spacious and clean.the location is spot on.was nice spending a cpl of hrs with the owner.would definitely come here again x.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The rooms were very clean and welcoming, there was plenty of...

The shower wasn’t very powerful but hot

The rooms were very clean and welcoming, there was plenty of tea, coffee sugar and milk, the bathroom was spacious very clean and modern with plenty of clean towels the bed had was really comfortable Breakfast was divine we were offered cereal juice coffee and tea followed by a full English

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Lovely short break at The Ainsdale.

There was nothing I didn't like. Just wish we had stayed longer.

What a great stay we had at The Aindale. Peter is a lovely host with a great sense of humour. Smashing breakfast and comfortable room, Excellent location, will definitely stay here next time we come to Blackpool.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great value
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Bathroom very very tiny it was hard to dry yourself after shower.

Nothing was to much for the owner he was fab he even rang after we left to say I'd left my phone honesty goes a long way! It was a lovely room and breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Nice little break with the kids
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Parking isn't available you have to park in the car park at the end of road so allow extra money £10 for 24 hours. Bar only open to requests and closes at 10pm fine as we had the kids but if you want lively probably not the place for you.

Perfect location lovely and clean good value for a family of 5 fitted us all in the one room.

Very happy delightful and nice to be made welcome
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

The very friendly staff and how clean it was I would definitely recommend them to stay there

We found it to be a very comfortable place to stay we were made very welcome and would definitely love to stay there again

The bed was comfy.

The owner wasn't very friendly but was more with other guests, room was ok but very tired and cleanliness could have been better, especially in the bathroom, the breakfast was ok, but very basic and the location was very run down and didn't feel very safe, would not return to this b&b.

The bed was comfy.

wr enjoyed our overnight stay with our granddaughters, and hope to return when visiting Blackpool ag
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There’s nothing we didn’t like, the guest house and location was perfect for our stay.

Over all it has been the best guest house we have stayed in while visiting Blackpool, we stayed there 2 years ago with our granddaughters and the cleanliness and facilities are just the same now as were then and the staff are so friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Rooms were a good size and decor was nice .
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Not very helpful 4 in room asked for extra milk we were told there would be a charge and told at the time they were to busy to give it to us . We arrived on Monday and on Thursday we had to ask for the wet towels to be removed as they started to smell . The staff did not interact with us during our stay .

Rooms were a good size and decor was nice . Location good

Just back from a 2 night stay here with my 3 children the...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) - Tower View

Just back from a 2 night stay here with my 3 children the room itself was lovely the view was great and had everything that you would need. It was so clean my youngest 2 even commented on how clean it smelt! The breakfast was lovely and all of the staff very nice. Location was great too we will definitely be back thanks for a great stay!!

Fantastic hotel

Fantastic hosts, explained everything to us, let us keep our bags downstairs as we arrived earlier than check in time and then took the bags to the room. Spotless room, excellent quality, highly recommend!

Was nice and clean and hosts were great and breakfast was...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) - Tower View

Was nice and clean and hosts were great and breakfast was amazing and view of tower from our room was amazing especially at night when tower was all lit up

The room was nice.
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I was expecting a bit more, I didn't realise that the room wasn't made up, the bins were just emptied and tbags etc just replenished. No where told us when breakfast was. And I couldn't get someone to help because I never saw anyone to help.

The room was a good size and was clean enough

Defo won’t be back at aindale.
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Springs sticking out from mattresses. Showeroom smaller than aeroplane toilets . Very very noisy area , not good area !! Holes in mattresses . Towels smelt like they hadn’t been washed . No toiletries . Not good location to walk home to at nights .

Relaxing Break
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Bathroom, toilet room a little small but did house a shower cubicle . But I suppose the size of room and the beds and furniture make up for it

The size and layout of room was perfect for a family of 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 9 year old. Very clean and comfortable. Very appetizing breakfast as well. Owners very friendly and helpful

Not good at all
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) - Tower View

Unfortunately we was not very happy with the service we got as we could not use the shower at all it was broken we did mention this to the owner and nothing was done about it I'm afraid. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as being there with my family which there is four of us I could not wash my kids or ourselves also the room was way way too hot. I was disappointed with the service we received I would not use it again and would not recommend it to anyone

The breakfast was good

great couple of nights, lots to do.

Very good breakfast,jug of juice,coffee on table so that you could make it how you like it. Owner booked our taxi on morning of departure,very helpful. Also had a huge room and bathroom!

Good location. Needs more thought in the room though.
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Room 2. We had 3 kids and 2 adults. The room was tiny. No draw space apart from one small bedside cabinet. One small double wardrobe for 5 people staying 3 nights. One two seater sofa, which we had to use for all our clothes. The bathroom and shower was tiny. I wouldn't suggests anyone who is on the larger size stay in this room due to the shower/bathroom. It was tiny. You have to sit in the toilet to get dressed. Impossible to bend ocer to get you're products while in the shower. A hook on the back on the bathroom door is a must. Shelves for you're toiletries too. As putting everything on the floor wasn't the best. More plugs needed or provide an extension. Two plugs right at the bottom of the wall behind the double bed headboard is not accessible. Breakfast: £5 per adult and children. Usually it's at a reduced price for kiddies. Think if we stayed next door in their main living quarters and their other guest house this would of been different, as the owners were mainly there. Towels were never changed. Beds not made. But all our electric that were charging were unplugged every day while we were out. Bunk beds could do with a good dust. The double bed was very uncomfortable. Family room downstairs was always locked so only had the small room to sit in. There was a number on the door to call them if we wanted the bar to be opened though. I believe the owners should be "Guests" in this room for 2-3 nights when not busy to get a true reflection on this room. But then add in 3 children too.

The location was good. Just 10 minute walk from the strip.

We had a lovely time, we were made so welcome and if I visit again I would not hesitate to book.
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Small bathroom, but not much can be done to change that - it was clean and for one night we managed.

The welcome was fabulous and they could do enough for us. My veggie breakfast was wonderful, better than some I ahve had a 5 star hotels.

Fantastic family rm to accommodate a couple and 3 children...
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Fantastic family rm to accommodate a couple and 3 children 12, 5 & 3, Shower a bit tight but great to have the ensuite. Location great too and the hosts are lovely

Amazing amazing amaaazzinnggg

The room beat all my expectations and the owners were incredible hosts they made us feel very welcome and the bar area was lovely too with fantastic prices that can't be beaten. And the location is central me and my friend suffer with bad knees but we were able to walk to everything as it's all close by!!!

Fantastic accommodation, rooms clean, warm and beds so...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Fantastic accommodation, rooms clean, warm and beds so comfortable. Peter was very helpful and accommodating. Amazing breakfast, with veggie options. The location was great - only 5 mins walk to Central Pier and there was a convenience store less than 1 min away, which was great for juice and snacks etc.

A warm, comfortable, clean, spacious room. Thank you.
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Single bed was very soft, sunk into it! All other beds very comfortable.

Cleanliness of room. Spacious room even though it slept five. Location was excellent.

Enjoyed the stay

Just a little frightening at night with a lot off junkies apart from that all fine u get that in every city e

Really pleasant staff welcoming and felt at home very kind polite down to earth would visit again thankyou best regards sarah

the best b&b in Blackpool by a mile

everything about the aindale was amazing

the guys that run the b&b are great. the breakfast was great and the accommodation was way above what I was expecting for a b&b. I will visit again soon and recommend to all my friends.

Everything was good. We just wasn't allowed not guests in the room which is understandable.

Everything the bed was very comfortable and I didn't want to leave it. Also everything in and out of here was very clean which is what normally puts me off rooms but I didn't want to leave here. Loved it for out 2 night stay can't believe we got it so cheap

Wonderful...
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

We have just returned from a family weekend break at the Aindale where we had a fabulous time... The 5 bed family room was lovely... Tastefully decorated, modern, clean, warm, comfortable and a very desirable layout... I really can't say anything negative... The owners Pete & Chris are wonderful people very attentive and they made us feel so welcome it was like a home from home... We will definitely be returning very soon we can't wait to come back... 😊😊😊

Excellent value for money, friendly staff who catered for...
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Excellent value for money, friendly staff who catered for requests at breakfast which was 10/10 definitely recommend fab with children too short walk from town

The smell of fresh linen as soon as we walked through the...

The smell of fresh linen as soon as we walked through the door, the whole place was immaculate and very very clean, the room was beautifully decorated and would live to stay again and try out the breakfast

fabulous place wish we could have stayed longer was so comfy and within walking distance to centre

there was nothing to dislike at all

very spacious comfy room with all facilities expected and more. was very very clean and nicely decorated owner very welcoming will deffinately be back

Great - would highly recommend.

No reflection on the hotel, but parking in Blackpool is limited and as this hotel didn't have a car park we needed to use the pay and display (only a few doors down). These car parks are quite pricey.

The bed was so comfy, room and bathroom was spacious, host was very welcoming. I can't believe it was only £20 for the room. Such good value, I'll definitely visit again.

Excellent stay would recommemd.very clean

Breakfast could have been earlier as we had to leave early in the morning so breakfast hadnt started so unable to have it but wasnt a problem plenty nearby

Ex location as we needed near the tower.staff very friendly.rooms comfortable and great for families.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Fantastic stay. Perfect!

Fantastic friendly hosts, wonderful room very comfy bed and great facilities. Would highly recommend. Looking forward to returning in the near future.

perfect

nothing it was perfect for what we needed it for

Perfect little B&B Breakfast was perfect would definitely recommend if your looking for an affordable trip :-)

Top of the class.I will definitely be back.

Everything re the hotel and the owners was great. However my stay was spoiled by a rowdy couple who caused trouble due to not following the house rules.

Chris and Pete are a pair of diamond gents. They are very attentive. They were always asking if they could help me in any way. Gave me some great tips on places which I may find of interest. I will definitely visit them again.

Was nice, room clean

Didn't realise you couldn't park outside the hotel until it was too late, got a parking ticket, thought we might have been told.

The room was nice always warm

Close to most attractions, Owners were very friendly &...

Close to most attractions, Owners were very friendly & helpful, Good value and nice breakfast, we will definitely stay again. Chris, Pat, Pete & Christine many thanks.

Comfy and peaceful sleep
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Excellent location, very clean and very friendly owners. The room was very clean and had adjoining room which was secure for the children with their own TV/DVD which my 7 & 10 loved. The bed was extremely comfy and no disturbances. Parking was very reasonably priced even though not on site it was just a very short walk to a secure car park with cameras and 24hr parking. We would definitely return and will definitely book again !!

Far exceeded expectations!

Nothing, it was perfect!

I can't recommend it highly enough! Peter was a very welcoming host. The room was clean and cosy but spacious and I loved the decor. I felt like every little detail has been thought of - full length mirror, well stocked tea & coffee tray, comfy pillows, full sized wardrobe with lots of hangers, 2 comfy armchairs, bedside lamp, lots of hooks, bins and sockets around the room... Plus a great location, 10 mins walk into town or the beach, we were very sad to leave!

Clean and modern
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Property itself is fantastic no flaws at all the only downside is the parking. We got lucky and was able to park outside there is pay and display parking just a few doors down but that was full.

Very clean and modern excellent accommodation and very nice breakfast. Had a family room which was perfect for what we needed.

Excellent location for a lovely well kept guesthouse.
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No parking outside property and pay and display carpark was full so had to walk in the rain with luggage.

Fantastic host's nothing to much trouble. Great for the children which liked having their own sleeping area Breakfast was lovely beds really comfy. Good location to all areas all walking distance

Excellent value for money in a fab location, would stay here again.

We were charged £20 when checking in, in case of damages to the room, which we got back upon checkout, however this information wasn't provided at the time of booking so we had no idea about it and it was a surprise. Unfortunately we had noisy people above us who kept banging about which kept me awake, however this is the fault of the guests, not the hotel.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very spacious. Ease of access. Breakfast was generally Ok. Good value for money and would stay here again. My husband had the best nights sleep he has had in a long time. Staff on the whole were polite.

Ok as only stayed the one night
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Stairs to our room very steep and very narrow. Radiator in kids room falling apart Lamp broke with sharp edges Plug socket cracked

room good size, bed comfy, breakfast very good

Brilliant bed and breakfast
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There was nothing we didn't like. Could not fault it

The family room was separated by a wall and arch so the children felt they had there own room. The front of the bed and breakfast was beautiful with benches and flowers. The breakfast was excellent. Great value for money and nothing was too much to ask for by the owners. Really friendly and accomodating

Great value/location
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Stairs to family room are very steep. Felt quite nervous with my 5 year old using them. I wouldn't book this room if I had small children or babies.

Great location. Very close to the front at sealife etc so very central. Our room was very clean. Fresh white bedding. Good size. Bunk beds behind partition so some privacy and 2 tvs.

Clean, friendly B&B, would definitely stay again

Lampshades we're starting to split, dressing table top needs replacing, sealant in bathroom was poorly applied and the plughole cover in shower was broken. No toilet brush.

Breakfast was lovely and cooked to order. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Staff were friendly.

Excellent night sleep

We had an excellent night sleep the bed was really comfortable and room was ver clean and the breakfast was very nice and the young lady who was waiting on was very pleasant and very well mannered she was exerlant

Pleasant B & B
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) - Tower View

The seagulls on the roof making a noise kept us all awake most of the night.. but that was no fault of the B&B staff.

The breakfast was nice and hot and the staff were very pleasant.

Lovely holiday!
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bed in our family room (no 11) was the only thing that I would have changed. The mattress was very comfortable but the divan base needs to be replaced. Other than that, top marks!

We were made to feel extremely welcome. The breakfast each day was delicious. We were waited on hand and foot!

Friendly staff, excellent service.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bathroom was quite cramped.

The towels provided were extra soft and the tea/coffee sachets in the room were topped up regularly. The breakfasts were good.

A worn out expensive B&B pretending to be a Hotel.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Dark corridors, a double bedroom where you had to crawl to the end of the bed to get in or out of bed, because the walls where so close to the bed. The advertisment intermated parking when it was public parking areas. The bedroom furniture gave the impression it had been made by a school woodwork class. (a poor one at that). The room was advertised as a large family room when the childrens bedroom (not that we had children with us) was like a broom cupboard with a bunk bed squeezed in. The the ensuite was so small I would not be able to bath my cat in the sink let alone was my face, I had to walk sidways through the room so as not to bang my shoulders on the walls, the shower was mouldy and the bathroom window latch was broken. I do apologise for the rant however there was so many thing wrong with this hotel, we where on a 1 night stopover and Blackpool at the time of checkin was booked up.

It was an old tired worn out blackpool B&B not coming anywhere close to a hotel.

Pleasant stay at the Aindale.

Thirty five minute wait for breakfast, which was then served luke warm. We ate it, it was all good quality food, but I have to say its the first time I've been served with food that was cooked to order, travelled a few yards from the kitchen and arrived at the table luke warm.

Tastefully decorated and comfortable room, for what is after all a low budget B & B. More than I expected.

Excellent value for money

n/a

Thank you me and my partner come to relax and that's what we did. excellent value for money, very clean and amazing breakfast. Kirsty is lovely and will take care of you. We will be back as a family.

Perfect for a family of four wanting a reasonably priced weekend in Blackpool
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) - Tower View

Perfect for a family of four. Well priced and lovely staff! Breakfast was tasty and well priced. Not far from the town. Staff were on hand with advice and tips. Will stay here again.

Aindale great for a midweek stay, Hosts Perfect, Room lovely.

The shower was very small, I must say a "larger" guest may have difficulty using this. Plus to switch the shower on and off the switch is in the bedroom, so it either needs to be a 2 person operation or you soak the bathroom when you get in and out?? Plus this has NOTHING to do with Kirsty, Peter OR the Aindale, but to do aware that this end of Central Drive isn't the most glamorous, there are a lot of run down properties and an area of Blackpool heavy with poverty.

Kirsty and Peter could not do enough for us, we had a lovely room, big and airy, big bay window, high ceilings, beautifully decorated, considering when we visited the country was in the middle of a heatwave it was most welcome!! The guesthouse is a 5 minute walk from town, central pier, cash points, it is perfect for anyone who does not drive. Very easy to find. The bed was comfortable, perhaps a little hard but great if you have a bad back, flat screen tv, leather sofa, tea and coffee making facilities, plus iron too. Plenty of storage wardrobe and drawers. We were lucky enough to be in room that was designed for a family of 5 there was a double bed, a single bed and bunk beds, and it was so roomy, so much better than other B&B's! So if you have a family this is a great room where you are not on top of one another!

Avondale was value for money

For 20pounds a night per room there isn't a lot I didn't like.

The room was lovely and clean a lot better than I thought for the price. Breakfast was an extra £5 each but was very good and tastey.

Wonderful people, well-run, clean

The value for money was exceptional. It's rare to feel so well looked after on a budget holiday. The beds were comfortable and clean, we will definitely choose the Aindale again.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Brilliant

The couple that own the property were lovley made use feel very welcome sat and took time to talk with use room was brilliant perfect for a family staying and comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Good

Everything good would have liked parking at the hotel but there was car park near

Could find nothing wrong clean staff great breakfast really tasty and plenty of it

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Aindale - oh yes!

one of the guests set off the fire alarm - not the owners fault. the guest was trying to dry off their wet clothes with a hairdryer.

friendly atmosphere. owners cared about guests. Accomodation was nice and quiet. Lots of info available for things to do or places to go.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Really lovely

Met by Kirsty who was very welcoming and friendly. The room was decorated to a high standard and clean. Car park a stones throw away with 24 hour parking for £9.Plan on returning this week. Great central location.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Lovely hotel defo stay again perfect location

I wasn't made aware of the £20 cash safety desposit needed so this wasn't factored into the budget maybe the hotel could add this into the terms of the booking for future bookings

The view of the tower from our room. If we stay again i will request to stay in that room my daughter loved watching the lights. The location was perfect 10 mins walk max to the front. Parking great £9 for 24 hours just be aware the machines arent taking the new £1 coins yet....

Welcoming hotel with attractive room

My pillow was rather uncomfortable. I prefer a softer pillow which is less bouncy and hot. The curtains are very see through which meant that we woke up very early!! There wasn't a bedside light so we moved the lamp from the other side of the room. My husband would have preferred real coffee with his breakfast.

Very clean room, well designed with lovely extras such as pretty cushions on the bed.Comfy mattress.Friendly welcome and well served breakfast. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend to our friends.

Great for families
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Everything was fab... If I had to try and think of something to moan about I'd say pillows were a little uncomfortable but that's down to preference anyway.

Staff really friendly and helpful and amazing breakfast. Location spot on and great value for money

Breakfast was good value.
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I didn't realise that I had only booked Room Only. I don't think Booking.com website made it clear enough. However, the Breakfast was only £3 per Adult and £2 for cereal and toast. Bathroom sink was blocked and fan in bathroom didn't work. They tried to unblock the sink, but water still did not drain away after.

Breakfast was good value. Comfy bed. Clean

Good location for the tower
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The pillows were awful. Very noisy like a main road and drunks walking up and down all night shouting. I would ask for a back room.

Nice big room, good location for the tower and winter garden.

Not value for money at all
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) - Tower View

The beds uncomfortable the shower was trickling out and the room was like a fridge reported this but no one came to have a look, having 2 children in the room with you not good

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Will defo stay again 😁
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Only thing I can say is the floorboards from the Room above were very creaky

Was very big room we Stayed in room 2, We had double bed, single bed and bunk beds and still plenty of room for all of us, the guy we met was lovely very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean .

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Great stay
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast was lovely, just what you need to start the day off. Peter and the rest of the staff were great, couldn't do enough for us. Will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Pleasant and comfortable
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) - Tower View

Some areas of room needed further cleaning such as tea down wall, skirting boards. Condiments on table needed cleanin. .being fussy coffee in sugar pot messy sauce bottles.

Pleasant and comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Nice place, friendly staff, great breakfast
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

Nearer to pleasure beach.. we made the mistake of walking back from there soaked to the bone from the rides because we thought it was abit closer. Next time we will take the car and park there around the back in pleasure beach carpark. £5 a day.( I forgot to google if they had one)

We were all comfortable and well fed. Would def book again

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Not a good experience

This hotel does not have any its own parking spaces (have to park on the front road and Mon-Sat only 1 hr stay). However, they mentioned on the web that they have parking. We booked a double room (B & B) and they were not happy of having our 3 years old little one with us. This is the first time we booked a hotel which has been rated below 3 stars. We thought it will be ok just for one night. However, it was a mistake. We came to the hotel around 5.00pm and our 3 years old little one was singing and dancing on the floor a few times. The kitchen lady came around 5.20pm to our room and was complaining about little one is going to break her gas unit in the kitchen….and she was really unhappy, we were surprised. As we walk/drive around the city, we saw several hotels with allocated parking in much better locations.

The location is ok but for the same price you could book a better place with parking etc.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Fantastic value for money

The owners and the young lady that works at the b&b was absolutely lovely and very welcoming. The rooms are fantastic value for money! The beds are very comfortable and tv is of a great size. We didn't opt for breakfast but I can only imagine it would be great. It's in a perfect location and only a five minute walk to the beach and also to the town centre and coral island. It's very hard to find a CLEAN and CHEAP B&B in Blackpool and this b&b honestly ticks all them boxes. Very much a hidden Gem in Blackpool. We will be back in the summer.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Downstairs wasn't very nice abit dated & had a musty...
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Downstairs wasn't very nice abit dated & had a musty smell, but our room was very clean, also we were on top floor & heating wasn't working so had to have a heater