Reviews of Healey House Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Towngate Road, Healey Lane, Nr Leeds, Batley, WF17 7HR, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Batley

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Lovely folks, lovely room, will be back.

Staff were just lovely and the place was spotlessly clean with a real small hotel charm. My room had oak beam and bay window like an old coach house, which was charming.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Booked hotel and had to cancel due to job being called off,...

Booked hotel and had to cancel due to job being called off, was spoken to like a piece of dirt on the floor and told to complain to booking.com . Disgusting people

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Fluted up windows, no light bulb in side light, poor water pressure, dirty bathroom, not any decent coffee, bloody awful breakfast, list staff attitude. Lack of choice in bathroom cleaning materials, lack of information, appalling room electrics, no real choice in bar, I could go on

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Awful

Firstly the room was dirty the tv didn’t work, the shower also didn’t work. But the absolute worse was the breakfast it was advertised as £7.50 so we booked in, went into the dinning room which just had dirty tables and no staff. They had juice and tea and coffee on the side along with warm yogurts and gone off fruit. After a while a member of staff took out order (she said “what do u want” I said what are the choices, she replied “well it’s breakfast so full English”). When the breakfast came it was clearly re heated with rubbery bacon and sausage, mushrooms were burnt and just had a morsel of beans. When we went to check out the rude receptionist said we owed £19 for breakfast which even she laughed about. Overall I would say avoid at all cost.

Acceptable location for what we needed. That was it.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

As already stated the only good thing was the lady on reception. It really was grubby and I

The side tables by the bed were full of cigarette burns, the bathroom was very very basic and not very clean. The trouser press did not work. The curtains did not draw properly. The room was the most basic I have ever stayed in. It was not very nice at all.

The lady on reception was really lovely that was the only good thing about the place

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Pleasant enough.

Breakfast was not the best. Dry vegetarian sausage as no meat ones left. Greasy breakfast

Pleasant surroundings. Comfortable enough room. Good value for money

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Good value

Unfortunately the room probably had a smoker in it prior to our arrival as it rieked of it, forgot to mention this to the receptionist. Also the shower head was broken, but there was the fixed shower head that worked so got by.

The location and how quite it was! Surrounded by trees and a view into the garden area. Cosy lounge area, no beer on draught, but the receptionist was a creative person and got me some bottled beer and a bottle of lemonade to make my own shandy :) the night receptionist was a bit slow and maybe that's why our breakfast demand in the morning came as a surprise to the day shift, still, good effort to try to make it from scratch.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Friendly staff doing best job they could in bad conditions

Blind didn't work. Room dusty. No breakfast menu. Only half a loo roll. Got out of hotel fast. Terrible venue. First time ever over many years let down by booking.com. Will email AA as their sign was up.

Friendly staff doing best job they could in bad conditions

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Well located for our Business Trip to the Batley technology business park.

The squeaky floors, the thin walls, the dated decor, could be a little cleaner, needs new pillows and mattresses. The location was ideal for our business trip and the gentleman on reception very nice and polite.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

The location was great;

There were not enough pillows

The location was great; close to the motorway and facilities (cinema and places to eat). The grounds of the property were also lovely, our room had a view of the garden and trees.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

It suited our needs for one night, would of been much better with breakfast, a cleaner warm room.

The room was drab, good do with a good clean, the chef didn't turn up to cook breakfast, so had to go to local town for our breakfast. The water was very hot. The staff on duty were very helpful and friendly.

The bed was very comfy . Quite room as requested, we got a upgrade as requested with lovely garden view. I can't imaging what the lower grade rooms were like. The room was very cold.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

1 Night Stay

Property was dated. handle on wardrobe missing. scratches on all surfaces. Divan bed bottom stained and on show. Unable to have breakfast as no staff turned up.

Location was walking distance to the event I was attending. Reception staff were polite and very helpful.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

This was booked for my son and his girlfriends. I informed them that they were both 16 it was there year anniversary however the staff and management were very rude towards them and declined them to stay.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Poor service, rude staff & uncleanliness. Stay well clear!!!
    • Executive Double Room

Arrived late after a long day at work. Waited 10 mins for someone to arrive at reception. When he arrived he was on the phone. When the call ended he answered another call. When I eventually had his attention he repeatedly asked my name. His english was very poor. Took a long time & another phone call to find my booking. Gave very poor instructions on how to find the room. The only thing he was efficient with was taking payment. Once in the room we were greeted with a bin full of nappies, some not on bags. Upon putting my things down on the desk I realised it was wet. No soap in the bathroom.The bed was uncomfortable, I was not convinced it was clean & left promptly the next morning feeling itchy. Needless to say I did not try the breakfast & would most certainly never return to this hotel. Poor service, rude staff & uncleanliness. Stay well clear!!!

The property had availability.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Don’t bother

I found a bug in the bed in the morning, reported this to the receptionist and asked for a refund. I was told I would receive a call from the manager about my refund and never did

Staff were pleasant and check in was easy. Feee car park

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

not worth the money and rude staff
    • Standard Twin Room

the staff would ask where i am going, when i’ll be back as i was going to my sisters house when i arrived, asked if my sister lives local, where i stay. the staff were very rude on the phone aswell. the wardrobe in my room and hot water tap were broken n could hardly move in room and felt very cramped. i dont think they change the tea and coffee in the room because my coffee tasted weird and felt sick after.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

I would not recommend it.

The hotel charged us extra money at the arrival. Also, we were given completely different room than the one on the pictures. Unfortunately, the room wasn't clean. We got one small towel each. ( Even in the cheapest hotels, you get 2 towels plus the floor towel). It is not good value for money either. We will definitely not coming back.

The receptionist was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Grim
    • Executive Double Room

I was expecting food and a bar to be available. I was also expecting the room to be cleaned and the beverages to be replaced. The complete shambles when the fire alarm went off.

The location was convenient for the event I was attending.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

The room was very dated and tired, with broken plug sockets/ lamps etc and not particularly clean. It was small and not comfortable. The menu looked basic, with no obvious vegetarian options for evening meal or breakfast.

We thought the staff were quite friendly.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Awful, could hardly sleep.

The room was very small, the bed, although small for a double took up most of it. It was claustrophobic. The furniture was awful. The shower was poor - very little eager came or of it and the sealant needed replacing in parts. Hot and cold tap labels round wrong way on sink. The room cost £30 - which we thought was going to be a bargain but we hardly slept, mainly as bed was so small but also the banging of the fire door in the corridor outside our room that went on and on through the night. There was also a high pitched whining sound coming from outside. There was also a great deal of light coming through the blinds - there were no curtains. Although a double room only one small and one larger total were given. Plus point was that the lady on reception honored our booking price of £30 although she thought that it was due to a disgruntled sacked ex member of staff seeking retribution. We were tired and it was getting late in the day and had thought that the £30 price was a special offer/late in the day deal to attract customers to get empty rooms rented out- bad mistake :( - we made the fatal mistake of not reading the reviews - hopefully our experience has taught us never to repeat that lesson. The picture of the rooms on booking.com may refer to other rooms in the hotel but bore no relation whatsoever to ours - perhaps we were put in this awful room as a payback for having got a room for £30

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Short but comfortable stay.
    • Nightingale Suite

Bath didnt plug and once plugged, no way to remove it. a little dated and requires modernization. Staff didnt smile but overall were ok

Place was fine, good convenient location. four-poster bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

no sleep

the noise and coming and going all nite from young men who appeared to be known by the staff, this was raised personally with the manager via an email immediately after our stay but with no response, very disappointing

it was convenient for the purpose of our visit

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Nice staff, not nice rooms

VERY thin walls, could hear full on conversations from rooms either side of us, room also didn’t smell very nice

Easy location, easy parking, friendly staff, exactly what was advertised

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

On arrival there was a pile of dirty linen proping open the...

On arrival there was a pile of dirty linen proping open the door we moved this to the corridor where it remained for the rest of the stay. Bathroom had an unusual odour. There was no hot water to have a shower and the room had cobwebs and dust

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Good value

The room was noisy at night we were woken several times with people making a lot of noise. The first night, the room was very hot but I turned the radiator down the next night so it was better, the bed sank in the middle so we rolled together, 2 pillows had been put into one case which was very hard, but we removed one the second night so slept better. The wardrobe door was off its hinges.

The cost was very reasonable, the room was clean and it had a bath which is good. A kettle was good but we used the coffee on the first morning and it wasn't refreshed so there was none left for the next- a little detail which would have been nice.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

My parents room was better than ours but probably wouldn't go back.

The room was very shabby. The blind wouldn't stay down. No lightbulb in one wall light. No teaspoons. Milk out of date. Dirty sheet on bed. No descent mirror. TV airial hanging out of wall....

Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast very good

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

The staff were lovely.

Getting the shower to right temp was an art form Decor looking worn. Needs some investment. Continental breakfast was packet cereal, juice, instant coffee, yoghurt and jam and toast. Not a bit of cheese or meat on sight !

The staff were lovely. Very pleasent and helpful. Room was clean and a descent size. Descent sized car park with no messing around with permits Very cold weather and place was well heated

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

The stay was okay
    • Superior King Room

The bedroom was absolutely freezing cold and we had to ask for a heater on 2nd night because on 1st night we slept with t-shirt and other bottoms to be able to get warm.

We liked how close we were to our son. Simple place for everyday people not all big and posh so nobody would feel out for place.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Smashing sleep! Smashing little place!

Breakfast could have included an All Bran or low sugar cereal and maybe a low fat yoghurt option.

I enjoyed the peaceful location of the hotel-not near rowdy pubs or busy motorways. The man on reception was very jovial and welcoming and carried my suitcase up to my room which was a nice touch. The bed was comfy and the breakfast was nice also

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Too Noisy

In one room the heating was not on and there were no towels on arrival. The other room that was booked had tea making facilities but no cups. The noise levels after 12pm were unacceptable !!!

The sheets were clean

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

awful, terrible, did not sleep. DO NOT BOOK *******

advert on booking was evening meals, arrived to find a message on reception desk saying no evening meals available. car park confusing. no curtains in bedroom, only a blind so light shone in. noisy, someone came in at 2am making noise and banging doors. milk sachet mouldy for tea/coffee. no hangers in bedroom cupboard. no sky on tv in room. I have asked for a refund from the manager on checkout, said he would ring me this morning, no call, I rang, he said, would ring me this afternoon, I rang this evening to be told, refund still not done and will be tomorrow. terrible service.

absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Was not informed the restaurant was closed until check in,...
    • Executive Double Room

Was not informed the restaurant was closed until check in, Radiator in bathroom was not working, asked for an extra heater but nothing came, other guests woke us up several times at 3/4/6am Bathroom was in need of some TLC and a good clean, hairs found in the bedding.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Cheap and cheerful

On arrival in our room it had not been cleaned hair on bed and towels, the toilet had not been cleaned! ( poo in toilet) So was moved to another room witch under the bed had not been cleans was full of dust and bottle caps, The shower head fell off while using it! They was no bar open, no restaurant open for food! On leaving the hotel the guy on the desk said we owed £45 extra for the room upgrade even though it was then that updated us due to un clean room

Staff are really friendly

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

Disappointing!
    • Two-Bedroom Bungalow

The bungalow was dirty and in need of renovation and updating. Dangerous with young children and couldn't open the metal gate covering the back door/fire exit!

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Not very good And in my a pinion i think that this hotel is also has rooms for people with no home

The bedroom was not clean poor level of cleanliness and maintenance breakfast : The full English was different for the six people at our same table And when we booked in we where asked if we wanted a full English So i can not work out how they told two people in the party they had RAN out of BEACON Also did see a kid come in from out side and get a drink of milk from the chiller BUT the main thing is he used a cup from a table that was lade out for customers and then left NOT VERY HYGIENIC

The trip home

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Good comfortable overnight stop with lounge/bar.

I missed breakfast as had to leave early. Stayed here before and breakfast was excellent so disappointed not to enjoy this time.

The hotel is very welcoming.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

HOTEL THEFT

After coming back from going out during the night me and my 3 friends who were sleeping in 2 separate rooms noticed several items missing from the hotel one of which was a £250 watch. The hotel manager shows no interest in getting the situation resolved. Very angry and disappointed. Along with a rude receptionist, who also showed no interest. Kids running about banging on your doors at 6am in the morning. Not happy.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

I had to clean the bathroom as the bath was filthy. There was a smell that came from the bathroom the whole time of our stay and made us feel sick!

Nothing. I will never stay there again!

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Very poor - Damp in bungalow. Will not stay again
    • Two-Bedroom Bungalow

We stayed in the bungalow at the back of the hotel. It smelt of damp when we arrived and had not been decorated for a long time. It did not seem to have been stayed in for some time. It was hugely overpriced at £150 for one night.

It was open when we arrived

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Disappointing.

tiny room, radiator on high (couldn't switch it off or turn it down - knob broken)... bathroom smallest I have ever seen... being redecorated so no breakfast available - no advance warning of this. We stay here regularly as it is cheap and convenient, so you get what you pay for I suppose, but probably will be our last time there.

Healey House is convenient and cheap.... about the only really good things you can say... oh yes and reasonably clean...

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

I was told I couldn't order breakfast as the chef...

I was told I couldn't order breakfast as the chef wasn't there. No cereal or anything was offered. No milk in the room for the tea and coffee . I had to request some. Adjusting temperature of the shower to between freezing cold and scolding hot took ages.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

Will not rush back.

Small double bed and beding only just covered it but it was clean, radiator worked but only just on the coldest night so far its not the best,dust on lights,not much furniture but what there is is very worn (should be bined) all poorly finished didn't look like any pictures.

Not a lot

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Lovely hotel for the price we paid,will return.

Room ready for some redecoration & fixtures a little dated.

Friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Lily white towels & bedding. Very reasonably priced room & food options.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Awfull Awful a dump xx

Stayed at the cottages it smelled was dirty oven micro dirty booked for seven people could only sleep four as pull out bed was not any good ,chair at table broke , with one room been in main hotel that roomm was very cold and no hot water for shower x ask staff who said why are we staying there it stinks the all hotel very smelly x only booked as just across road from my daughter where two of our children had to sleep we went for my birthday what a let down never again costed £179 not worth it pluming very nosey all night , no good telling staff the where not interesting badsevice when checked in staff chewing gum and not knowing anything xxx

Nothing it was awful never stay there again x

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

It was good, the young receptionist was very friendly, the location was good. The room was tidy

no dinner was available - however, staff gave a number of a takeaway The charging point was too far way from the bed - should have a bedside plug point

location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Wouldn't recommend to anyone
    • Two-Bedroom Bungalow

It was dirty the toilet wanted a good clean. The breakfast was cold, cheap and nasty, it was the worst I have had.

We had the two bedroom bungalow, it was shabby but adequate and it was in a nice setting.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Wouldn’t stay here again
    • Executive Double Room

The room was the incorrect room, not heating, hot water upon arrival, WiFi didn’t work, no confirmation of my booking when I got there, pictures on website don’t look anything like the rooms, wallpaper hanging of the walls, tiles in the bathroom were all cracked and not fitted properly. Staff didn’t have a clue about anything.

The bed was comfy & towels/ bedding was very clean

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

I enjoyed my stay, Emily the receptionist was brilliant, very friendly and welcoming

Nothing really you get what you pay for

The price for my room was excellent, alright the room was clean the bedding was clean and so was the bathroom, the décor was a little bit dated but at the price I paid I can't complain, if you want high class modern room you would have to pay treble the price ,

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Ok if you’re on a budget and not staying for long

The decor was very tired and in need of a clean. The duvet was thin and there was no blanket. Luckily, the room was warm (I actually had to turn the radiator down). There was no bedside cabinet or lamp nearby. The toilet seat and shower head would not stay up. The cooked breakfast was lukewarm, the sausages were undercooked and the bacon was not good quality.

Receptionist was friendly enough. Room was quiet and warm.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Avoid - this is badly run.

Basin was blocked with biscuit crumbs floating about- this does not suddenly happen! Shower rail was coming away from the wall. No curtains, just a scruffy blind. No chair. Wardrobe is close to collapse. Bedside light didn't work. Bed was collapsing on one side. Nasty brown carpet looked dirty. No soap or shower stuff. All night, intermittently there was either a macerator running or a very noisy fan - a bit annoying.

Radiator worked

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Logely staff not hackef up by favilities or brrsot as st choice

Cool shower. Only veg breakfast and the reason for it

Chef would not cook bacon due to his religion apparently. I declined breakfast in the end. Wasnt hungry. Evening staff ellie and haz were lovely. Couldnt do enough. Shower too cold in morning

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

You only pay for what you get as £26 for a night was good but wouldn’t pay anymore for a room

Slow cold shower tired furniture get rid of the blinds and put curtains back up also cold room

Hotel could do with refurbishment tired rooms But must admit the bed was clean and comfy

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

The duty manager Pav was very fiendly.

At the back of the hotel a machine causes noise in regular intervals even during the night, which is quite annoying. I missed a toilet brush in the bathroom. Low water pressure in the shower.

The duty manager Pav was very fiendly. She adviced me about a hiking place (Ikley moor) nearby and prepared an excellent British breakfast. The garden of the hotel is very beautiful and quite big. It offers space for getting some rest, relaxing and is also perfectly suitable for celebrations (marriages, parties, ...). You can see the garden from the breakfast room which is sun lit in the morning.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Terrible!

Room 4 & 9 were terrible. Staff acknowledged this and said we should have been moved to a 3rd. Great to hear when you are checking out Shower not attached to wall Towel rail not attached to the wall Dirty bathroom. Mound on tiles. Loo had not been flushed Very dated, tatty rooms Very noisy hotel Forgot towels in the room and toiletries were used Night porter sleeps on the sofa in reception... useless Manager was going to call me this morning to discuss. Still not heard from them. Don’t seem to fussed about the issues. Staff are aware that rooms are crap yet still happy to let you pay full rate! Waste of money! Not a lot of hotels locally so travel!

What a terrible place. Nothing good about our stay. I can’t put a lower score than 2.5

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Awful. The worst place we have ever had the misfortune to stay at.
    • Two-Bedroom Bungalow

We are a family of six and booked the lodge as it was advertised to accommodate 6 people and appeared to tick all the boxes. In reality it only slept 4 as the supposed sofa bed was two small base cushions and a solid wooden base. The bedding provided was dirty, the main bedroom door had come off its hinges and could have quite easily taken a small child’s finger off if pulled closed. The carpets had dirt from previous guests, the bedroom walls showed signs of dampness, both the kitchen and bathroom looked like a disgruntled guest had take a hammer to both the wall tiles, fridge freezer and supposed fire exit door. After complaining about the lack of beds my husband and one of our children were offered a room in the main hotel which was a little cleaner but still pretty awful.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Was adequate but nothing memorable.

Bed wasnt comfy.. only a pillowcase on some very tatty pillows... no restaurant open as advertised one reason we picked to stay was onsight eatery.

Beautiful old house in large grounds... staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Not what's advertised by bookings.com and absolutely appauling

I am writing to voice my disappointment having stayed at the Healey House Hotel on Saturday eve with my family . When I visited your website , the images do not in any way portray what we had to endure . The rooms we were given were not the rooms advertised and had I known this I would not have stayed as they are far below standard. Paper pealing off walls , holes in walls and patchwork covering up holes . Dirty shelves doors ( basic essentials of a hotel ) pillows had to be swapped as blood stains on one ! The top pillow cases had been changed but the bottom ones had not ! They were clearly soiled from a previous guest ! The floors were so creaky we could hear every footstep from other guests at unwelcome hours of the morning (2:30am) The bathrooms have not been updated for many many years and were very uninviting with mould on the ceilings and cobwebs in the corner of the ceiling . The 2 female staff on duty at 8pm were arguing over who should serve in the bar and who should work the front desk ( very unprofessional ) and the night duty man was sleeping in the sofa in reception ! I am requesting a refund for the rooms as 2 members of staff admitted that the room allocations had been mixed up and we should not have been put into those rooms . Your website portrays a 3 star rating by the AA yet your hotel displays the 2 stars which I agree is more fitting . I booked the rooms based on what I saw on your website and I was not given this ! I feel that this is a false advertisement and as I was not given what was expected I am now asking for a refund . We were also woken at 12:30sm by other guests returning home and noisily talking outside our windows causing my very young grandchild to waken and this took several hours to get them back to sleep with much crying which was over heard by other guests also . I had a 3 hour drive on Sunday which was made dangerous by tiredness through lack of sleep .

Location only

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Waste of money
    • Executive Double Room

Arrived at the hotel after booking an executive room....Not sure what kind of executives visit Batley but the allocated room was dull, unwelcoming and really tired ...more tired than I was after a night here. Asked for room change but in the confusion it transpired we had been green a standard room... standards are pretty low in Batley I assume. After much of a do I paid aan extra £20 for a upgrade to the Bridal suite....if you use this room for your wedding night you better to start saving up for your divorce !. In hindsight I should have just gone elsewhere immediately . I spent the first 20 minutes dusting the room. There was no glasses in the bathroom or room. However on plus side would make an excellent bail hostel.

Leaving it.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

The fact the house was on the nice grounds with privacy was...
    • Two-Bedroom Bungalow

The house was dirty needs painted new bedding new kitchen floor , the property was not cleaned for us infact I would say as I am in the cleaninf industry this property hasn't been cleaned at all !!!

The fact the house was on the nice grounds with privacy was a selling point for us having 3 small children but when we arrived we were very disappointed,

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Filthy bathroom would not stay here again

Bathroom disgusting, hairs in the bath, leftover tube of shower gel on the side of the bath, leftover shower gel on the wall x Only left 1 hand/bath towel in a double room so had to ask for more. No glasses in the bathroom so had to ask for 2 On checking out was asked about our stay although the staff member looked shocked no offer of an apology was given Would not stay here again

Bed was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Value for money venue that provides an optional but highly delectable breakfast.

The Lighting arrangement in the bathroom was not designed by a CIBSE Lighting Engineer and cast shadows on the shaving mirror making it difficult to see what I was shaving. Lucky I have a good memory for faces.

There are very few places to stay in Batley and this is my favourite value for money. Staff are friendly and accommodating. The decor is ecologically and economically justified.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Noisy room but comfortable bed

Room was above kitchen and very noisy fan was constantly on until 10.30pm and started again at 6.30am. The wifi did not work and one of the bedside lamps was broken.

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Not so cheap, but quite cheerful.

We weren't told the doors needed locking, unlike the key card doors, so we didn't lock our door and a random guy walked straight into our room. Luckily we were dressed, and luckily we hadn't left valuables on view when we went out too. Bed wasn't too comfy, and didn't fancy paying £7.50 for breaky so went to a pub down the road.

The guy on reception was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and had a good tv, big cupboards, and a bath.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

Clean and comfortable, very good breakfast

Decor is a bit dated, could do with a refurb

Breakfast was really really good! Bedding and towels were fresh and clean, staff were helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Healey House needs work
    • Standard Family Room

Ok the bad bits..... the decor was plain white looked liked a stop over for workmen. Awkward to make a cuppa as tv mounted in front and above facilities. Breakfast was good but not everything cooked fresh as described. Now the seriously bad bit .... the shower eehhhhkkkk !!!!! Unclean, black mould along base and in grout and a weird looking substance in base.

It was comfortable and the one member of staff was friendly and was very affiable. The grounds it was set in were nice.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

You get what you pay for... just!

Hotel is very run down, TV in room did not work properly, wardrobe would not open, bathroom was clean but very old.

Staff were really friendly, bed was comfy but a little small for a double.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Excellent hotel

I would suggest boosting the WiFi signal a little as it was a bit hit and miss upstairs

I have stayed here a few times, for the price it is one of the best places I've stayed, very friendly staff clean comfortable rooms, powerful shower and excellent food

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Never coming back

When we arrived there was no hot water so shower was warm. In the morning the water was hot but when you put the cold water on there was no hot water, the shower head had no power. The toilet seat did not fit properly. The windows were black and one pain was broken. The furniture had seen better days and the whole room could do with a make over. Considering there was a notice of a £50 fine for smoking in the room it smelt of stale smoke.

The bed was comfortable. The person on reception when we arrived was very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Good value but check small detail.

Decor although clean is dated. Manager rather abrasive. Check the charge for dog if bringing one...tried to charge me £15 ...wouldn't have stated if known that.

Clean, quiet, wifi good, good food.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

Tired and in need of a good clean
    • Two-Bedroom Bungalow

Very tired and in need of good clean. We booked a cottage for 6 which only had 4 beds so kids had to sleep on the sofa!

Location was good for what we needed

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

disappointed with the booking arrangements,and that the room that we booked was not the one we had
    • Superior King Room

When we arrived there was no booking for us even though we had written confirmation ,eventually an alternative room was offered

Breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Reasonable value but poor accomodation all round. Desperately needs a make-over

Dinner was good but missed breakfast by 10 mins and they didn't make any real effort to get me something, eventually offered to get me a bacon role. I declined.

Bed and pillows very poor, room needs a serious make-over

• Reviewed: June 1, 2017

brilliant stay at healy hotel
    • Executive Double Room

There wasnt a big range of beers and wine in the hotel bar but i suppose it depends how many are staying there there should always be a well stocked bar

healy house was located down a small lane and tucked out of the way it was peaceful and full of wild life the hotel was lovely clean and tidy restaurant was excellent great choice for breakfast and tea at night . The room i was in was excellent lots of space clean and the bed was luxury . The grounds were superb and as ive said brilliant wildlife they couldnt do enough for you . And a special gold star should go to the hotel manager Raymond and the woman who cooked the food I dont think healy house would run wonderfully if it wasnt for them . I enjoyed my stay there and would deffinetly stay there again when i come back to batley .

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Comfortable stay
    • Nightingale Suite

Would have liked chopped fresh fruit for breakfast.

Lovely old house, nice clean comfortable room. Arrived a little early but room was ready. 24 hours reception staff. Friendly breakfast staff

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

Avoid at all costs

Room was dirty, carpets filthy, mattress soiled, curtain rail loose. Shower was next to useless. Room smelled of the kitchen beneath. Room was noisy due to extractor.