Reviews of The Allesley Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Birmingham Road, Coventry, CV5 9GP, United Kingdom

#29 of 29 hotels in Coventry

4.7

5.7

4.4

5.1

5.2

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Not allowed to warn others.

Not allowed to say or I,m not getting a refund!!!

I was told that after checking out after 1 night (booked in for 2) and demanding a refund that I wouldn,t get one if I posted a bad review.!!! so can,t say.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

I boom the hotel for attending a conference.

I boom the hotel for attending a conference. I left the hotel early around 8 am but my wife & my 4 months old baby were there until the check out time. I was little delay to pick both my wife & my child. I said to my wife to wait there in the reception area for 20-30 min & pick you BUT the hotel staffs not allowed to stay there for 20 mins. They said you can’t stay there & you need to pay the money,if you want to stay. This is not fair. Rubbish hotel. Staffs not helpful

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

OK for a 1 night stop over if your first choice is full

Rooms were clean but dated with poor TV reception & almost zero wifi or mobile signal.

Location was good for my needs and there was a Harvester pub chain within 200 yards

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Very poor value for the money we paid!

Restaurant closed! No warning about this from Booking.com! I was told the bar would open at six and it stayed closed all evening! Disturbed night due to lift noise! Breakfast, for which we paid a lot extra, was very poor quality! I only booked this hotel because it was on Booking.com and feel that I was misled! I have contacted the hotel and have not had a reply! I sent my letter by recorded delivery and know that they received it!

We could park our car whilst we went to our daughter's graduation!

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Good sized room, very nice/ornate reception area, more...

very few staff, room cleaned every three days, water cloudy out of the tap, tap loose.

Good sized room, very nice/ornate reception area, more aimed at wedding receptions probably

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Party Place

Smell in the room was stale layout a bit confusing. Seem to be people living/placed at hotel

Convenience and great function room and party. Plenty of parking. Helpful staff and staff great for function.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Dirty

The venue was nice but the hotel rooms were beyond disgusting, several rooms were booked for friends. All of them were dirty, lacked basic facilities such as hairdryer that worked. Our room was given to somebody else and they gave us the keys to that room. Went to the room to find someone else in the room getting ready. Reception was shocking. Tried to charge me more for the room than was reserved for on the website. WOULD ADVISE NOT TO STAY. Worst place I’ve ever stayed

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Appalling, and disappointing that I tried to discuss it with the Manager but was not called back.

The room was appalling, to the extent I took photos and asked for the manager to call me. I am writing this review as the manager never called! Stained, budget, very old mattress, one plug socket so either watch TV or charge your phone, etc.. I could go on for a long time.

The entrance lobby is fine, in keeping with a £95 room in a village outside Coventry. But the room and access to it was appalling, I wouldn't ever stay in it by choice. A room where you don't want to be barefoot.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Never again

No Restaurant, no bar other than something bolted on to reception. Felt like the "Bates Motel". Place was tired looking throughout.

The bathroom in 101 was acceptable.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Disappointing hotel

Everything else - it was of a VERY low standard, the bathroom was dirty, the shower was full of mould, the room was BOILING, there was a smell throughout the hotel and rubbish bags were just left lying throughout the corridors. There was also no soap in the bathroom and there was only warm water coming out of the tap and when we tried to buy it it wasn't available.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

shocking

this is by far the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in no one at the hotel will respond to my comments PLEASE take this hotel off your website, it isn't safe for people to stay there

nothing at all

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

poor hotel,not a good experience,wont be booking this hotel again.

Overall Experience was poor, hotel seemed to be used as a temporary stop gap for social housing problems and asylum seekers waiting to get the cases looked into, entrance room door and bathroom room needs to be repaired basic standard room no warm atmosphere poor standard of welcoming guests. Breakfast room not well signposted basic breakfast overall experience not enjoyable, would not recommend this hotel to family or Friends, will not be booking this hotel again.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Never again . I'd rather sleep in my car

This isn't a hotel , it's s halfway house for homeless people, kids riding scooters up the landings , people arriving with a weekly shop . Staff very unhelpful and ignorant . Totally disgusted in everything about my stay

Horrendous place , worst hotel I have ever stayed in AVOID

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

The most disgusting places I have ever been !!!!

The staff gave our room key to someone else and things have been taken . I am now in contact with them to sort this out then I'm going to the police .the hotel is a place that the D W P put people up in when they have nowhere to stay and if you have just been released from prison. Would not recommend this place at all and it needs taking of your website asap beffor someone else experience the same things that we have.

Nothing !!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

The wedding event we attened was beautiful but the rooms were really bad!

We stayed at the hotel overnight as the wedding was there. The rooms were very dirty, unhygienic and the carpet were stained with old sick and leaky heaters stains. The wall in the toilet had feacal stains. It was really bad!

The wedding venue and the food was really nice and well presented

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Shocking never again will I stay nor recommend anyone else to stay at this dive.
    • Family Room

Disgustingly unclean, place was falling apart and most of the electrics didn't work. No central heating nor air con which you would expect for £115 per night

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Awful

Everything rooms not cleaned absolutely stank of cigarette smoke in the corridors. Decided to leave the room early and didn’t bother about chasing any refund

Nothing awful atmosphere along with staff

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Dirty, rundown hovel that needs demolishing.

OMG, where do I start ! We should have been told when booking that hotel is a half way house for immigrants and homeless, women at breakfast with children in school uniform, noise and frightening at night, dirty foreign staff, dogs wandering about, dirty rundown rooms, without doubt the worst place we have ever stayed in. Complained to staff and we were moved to another room, right by the lift - marvelous. So, more noise and a filthy old mattress, could not wait to get out. Complained when leaving and was offered a bottle of wine or bubbly !! Ridiculous.

Best thing ? - Leaving.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Harvester pub for dinner was handy.

No staff available at the front desk. No irons to iron business shirts was an issue - staff didn't help to resolve either.

Harvester pub for dinner was handy.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Very disapointed

TV remote not working. No lightbulbs in two holders, Breakfast was terrible, watered down orange juice. No flavour to the coffee, no bread rolls and toaster taking ages to work

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

There is not a SHORT sentence to describe this stay!

Everything! No restaurant for evening meal, one staff member claiming there wasn't one, another claiming it was closed for refurbishment. Room allocated on arrival had to be changed as bathroom was faulty. Second room had NO coathangers. Was dusty and unsafe electrically. Am electrical engineer so qualified to judge. Thermostat was located in wardrobe so ineffective, exposed wiring in a junction box also in wardrobe. Carpet under furniture dusty and dirty Outside floodlight shining all night and curtains ineffective to darken room. Lift floor in morning soaking wet and slippery - health hazard. Male under-manager shown these problems was ignorant and rude. Have complained and asked for compensation. Under-manager (female) who was at reception next morning (check-out) just laughed everything off. Just some of what I did not like. Could write lots more!

Car Park

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

OK to sleep.shower and go! .I would not book there again especially with a family.

No Wi Fi connection at all , at all!!!! No Bar either!(Closed) Poor lighting in the bedroom! Shower /toilet its small even for an average built man .I could go on! I had to go out of the Hotel's premises to get a signal for my mobile. I saw a chewed gum stuck in the book shelve by my bedside. (not impressed) Left it there to see if the cleaner would attend to the room! It is still there am sure!!! No one at the desk when I checked out. I Had to ring 501 to speak to someone who politely asked me to leave the key at the desk. The hotel stipulates that if the Door key is lost, there is a charge of £10 pounds. Sorry to write such a report,it is not in my nature.

Easy journey to and fro to the NEC . No heavy Traffic on that stretch of the A45 .

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

it's a bus ride onto Coventry city center & the village is very pretty, by hotel, but that's it

The room was ok,ish but I was horrified when I checked the actuall duvet ( under the duvet cover) IT WAS DISGRACEFULLY FILTHY!!! I didn't lye under it I,slept with towels covering myself, the bathroom was horrible, rusty taps, dripping taps, , I. Couldn't take a bath! It's a shame, because the room wash,t too bad , we asked for a quiet room & got put right next door to the lift, which was going on & off throughout our one night stay,, sorry wouldn't stay again

We liked the singing of the birds outside of the window& the church bells ringing & the fact that there is a fabulous harvester pub 10 mins walk away

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

Abismal, shambolic,

The breakfast was rubbish, I think £4 for a bottle of bud was extortionate, rooms not cleaned daily, no room in bathroom, and the fact it was not stated that the hotel was used as temporary housing for DHSS, very noisy in the early hours, and looks like a hotel in receivership, doors locked at 12pm, This talash hotel should not be advertised on booking .com, also extortionate price for this hotel. Will never go back there. Also they tried to take the money on the first night, no rating on reception for this hotel. I wouldn't even give it a rating.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Dirty hotel.

Everything!

This hotel is dirty, unpleasant staff around the building and the furniture was falling apart. I would not recommend to anyone it is disgusting. A complaint has been left with the hotel.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

The reception area is nice, a nice place to sit and wait.

Reception staff when checking in. Slightly distracted, not giving full attention. No "do not disturb" sign for door.

The reception area is nice, a nice place to sit and wait. Rooms are ok except for having to have either the curtains close fully or open fully and anyone walking past could see in. An extra lace curtain for example might help.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

ripped off

everything else - the shower was dated - scum inside toilet bowl - the bar prices was excessive - the lift did not work - staff not helpful - carpet in room needed a good hoover, filthy smelly pint glasses .... I can be here all day!!

the TV - decent wifi coverage

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Horrific
    • Family Room

Overall the room was filthy with stale food found in the drawers, the hotel manager informed me that the room is occupied by contractors Mon -Fri and they failed to check or clean the room properly. I was to stay for 2 nights and left after the 1st night. Had a 9month old baby with me and was not up to standards for an animal never mind a baby. Still waiting on someone contacting me regarding my complaint. I will be going to trading standard and local newspapers to share my video and picture evidence.

There was not one thing that I would say was good about this hotel.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

characterful hotel, with clearly some investment being put back into the building.

Maybe a bit larger shower gel in the bathroom would have been nice.. but its my own fault for forgetting to bring my own.

All twin room's were all sold out on the night we reserved the room, so i booked a double. But when we arived the lady at the desk kindly found us a twin room from someone who had checked out early. :) very helpful, thanks!

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Somewhere to sleep but nothing more

Filthy wc which didn't flush properly and resulted in being badly stained. Ordered breakfast but on arrival 8.40am nothing there except dried up remnants of something unrecognisable looking awful. Nobody cared when we eventually found someone in kitchen. Left to have breakfast at McDonald's instead as nowhere else available. Left dissapointed.

Bed was very clean and comfortable. Reception polite

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Not bad value for money

Rooms felt dirty and strong smell of cleaning products , lighting was dim , even after requesting the missing bulbs in room shower was tiny temperature would not go down so too hot , a half used shower gel bottle was. Left from previous guest . No phone in room would have to go to reception

Desk was not manned at all times, although staff were helpful they were v slow and informal

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

I didn’t expect too much, so overall I was happy with the stay. The manager was very kind

The staff needs more customer service training After check in, I had to come down each time to ask for things as the orientation at reception was poor , No telephone in the room The pillows were too thin and only two, more will be helpful as I ended with a bad neck Fried eggs at breakfast were more of boiled, hard and impossible to eat too cooked . Staff at breakfast struggled with English, so minimum exchanges with any questions

Room temperature was good. The room size ok The cleanliness a bit more than I expected, so good job The manager was helpful and kind to let us check out an hour late, which took off pressure from kids

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Not good... toilet was broken. Someone had used it and not flushed it.
    • Family Room

I paid for a family room and they gave me a double room after charging me for the family room. Their reason was because I stated that there were only two guest staying. I don't understand how that should be their problem.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Dreadful hotel. Dirty, rude staff, needs full refurb. Was like being in a back street hostel

Everything. Shower leaked badly, while bathroom flooded, stunk of cigarette smoke, carpets were stained, no bin in the whole hotel, walls in bathroom all punched in... just disgusting

Nothing it was dreadful

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

There was nothing to like !

This hotel is used to hotel Coventry's homeless did not feel safe. We had 3 rooms in 30 minutes of getting to hotel due to doors not locking and loos constantly flushing. Room carpet was dirty did not like walking around on it in bare feet. Bathroom sink had smell that was not pleasant. Homeless hanging around in corridors smoking god knows what. Also hanging out of bedroom windows smoking. The breakfast was not freshly cooked I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

There was nothing to like !!!!! Rooms not clean had 3 rooms in 30 minutes of getting to the hotel due to doors not locking and loos flushing constantly.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Awful.

No evening meal available. Initial receptionist far from helpful in trying to find some place to eat. The night staff called me a Pizza takeaway. Not impressed and I would not go back - ever.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

Polished turd

Dodgy men hanging around car park. Car park dark and not very well lit. Doors slam and walls thin.

Room comfortable and fairly spacious. Decorated ok. It's a bit of a polish turd, but good value for money.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

Ridiculously overpriced and would suggest you delist this property. Truly awful

The room we were allocated nr 105 was in a very poor state of repair/ poorly maintained. The bathing facilities were inadequate and leaked all over the floor, the toilet bowl was not securely fixed to the wall or floor. There was lots of door banging elsewhere during the night. Dowdy and miserable place

It was a bed for the night, nothing else. The night manager was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

It was great

Couldn't possibly answer that as I was in my room for a few hours then went out to a restaurant.

The bed was really comfortable and the room was very clean overall. Friendly receptionist, I will definitely be back to this hotel soon.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Awful

Firstly, staff did not have the room ready. They were blaming each other in front of us. The room was very small. The lights were not all working. The toilet kept flushing continuously. The wash basing kept blocking up. We had booked 7 rooms due to a wedding at the venue and all the rooms were disappointing. The rooms were too warm and the AC was not working. Staff were extremely rude at reception. We did not find the hotel welcoming at all. Kitchen utensils were dirty.

Plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Had my friend and I not laughed we would have cried.

As above apart from the bed linen being clean, everything else was horrendous, the reception area was beautiful, but get behind the scenes, it was dirty unkempt, the lift didn't work, the bathroom was in need of a complete refurb, as was the whole place, the bathroom sink was cracked and had a kitchen mixer tap, instead of the correct taps the shower head was rusty, and every door in the place was in need of redecorating. The final straw when we went down to breakfast we realised it was actually a social security half way house. Come on Booking.Com don't send your guy to Uganda send him to Coventry overnight unannounced, it's a real eye opener. The only recommendation I would make to fellow travellers is don 't touch it with a barge pole.

The breakfast apart from the bed linen being clean, was the only good thing about this place, I will not even call it a hotel,

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Very run down.

The room was not cleaned once in my 4 day stay. The light to the shower room did not work if you had the main room light on. The hotel reception and entrance looks very presentable but once you get further up the stairs it is in desperate need of an update. The top floor seems to be taken up by council allocated rooms. Always seems to be somebody out smoking or hanging about the entrance/ car park when you arrive. Lots of noise at nights from people shouting and doors banging. All in all not a pleasant stay. Good luck if you stay as it's a bit of a lottery with the rooms.

Location was good for where I needed to be

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Stayed there only because the wedding venue was there. Poor quality hotel.
    • Family Room

Uncomfortable cheap bed, blocked sink, no battery in Tv remote. Air con not working. We were told BreKfast was until 10 but on arrival it finished at 9. Because we had young children, the kitchen staff accommodated us kindly.

Attended a wedding so was convenient for us to stay the night before. I booked 2 family rooms but they only had 2 double room. They were able to accommodate us by getting in a single bed into each room.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

Rundown Hotel.

Very little to like about this hotel apart from location.

Hotel in desperate need of an update. Staid here a couple of times because it is close to where I was working but rooms are gradually getting worse. And now looks like they have rooms for the homeless from the council.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Hotel from hell

For the cups to be cleaned air freshers in the rooms as it was stale and smelling change the carpet on the rooms , the shower cubicle very small and can't really move Wasn't even told that the money I paid is inclusive of breakfast for I think I deserved a full rebate for I will never stay in such a filthy place or advice anyone to go there Everyone of my friends had a complaint no water in the cubicle we had to wait for almost two hours for ironing board l and an iron there's no telephone went and asked for phone I was told to use my mobile believe me there's too much to say but not going to waste my time anymore thanks

Just the function hall

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Food was cold- too expensive for what it was!

Food was cold- too expensive for what it was!!! Would be worth about £40.00 per night- staff on cheak in was helpful staff on cheak out just rude!!!! Extra for breakfast which was cold and. It good! I am a chef so know what I'm talking about!!! Having worked all my life in this industry!

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

Prices fluctuate

Wifi horendous good conection but not enough bandwidth to do anything, email takes 20 mins to send mobile phone signal non existent in rooms... We book 3 rooms for work purposes for 12 week job but have to shop around for best price as prices fluctuate....

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

Great value one night stay

Disappointing shower as head wouldn't stay on holder! Had one handed shower which was fine. Water pressure great so had potential, just new shower head and riser needed!

Enjoyed our stay, room clean and fresh. Great value for one night stay. There was some loud shouting in the early hours, but some guests are noisy, nothing to do with the hotel :)

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Poor service!!!!

Had to ring reception 3 times to ask for an iron. Each time I called they said 5 mins it took a total of 25 mins to come after constant prompting. I had to rush to work because of this poor service. Also breakfast was not included which is a shame.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Poor management-or lack of it. Badly behave staff.

The staff attitudes was very poor, the worst I have came across in western world, very rude and disrespectfull. On my 2nd day at the hotel, some guest-including myself have to came down and lined have to lined up like school boys beggin for basic items such as milk, sugar etc at the reception. When I came back after 1st night no cleaner, the room was not attended to, I made the man on duty to be aware of the situation, he said he was going to send someone to clean my room when I querry him, and this was approximately 7-8 pm in the evening. Very poor service in deed. The man on duty was very rude and disrespectful. He gave me some milk on my bare hand. I have to complain before he managed to put it in a letter envilop. The hotel have no evidence of manager-or poor management. I requested for a pressing iron to iron my shirt, the lady promised to supply one and she failed to fulfilled her promise, no explaination. The reception area is beutiful, but staff have very poor attitude. The guy should not be working in a hotel!!

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Scum

We were not happy at all, they should literally refund us the money paid.

nothing at all. this is a place for white van drivers and construction site workers, not for family or even for a person who is travelling alone. The lights were not working in the room. Reported to at the reception, but no one came or fixed it. Rooms were dirty and not cleaned for many days. There was two search lights (which is always on) outside kept towards the room window, so couldn't sleep at night due to this. People (obviously these van drivers and workers) smoke inside their rooms (dangerous to your life) so fire alarms at midnight is a routine. The hotel it self is quite old and not kept in good condition, need a serious renovation. Don't trust the pictures shown in the advertisement, it must be taken at least 15 years ago. Please don't stay in this hotel unless you have no other options.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

Generally very good...

The toilet was filthy and stank! The room was basic but the hotel dated, but comfortable

Staff really friendly and helpful Showers hot Close to Alesley Park

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

Very basic, good for just an overnight stay.

The interior desperately needs to be refurbished. In our room there were stains on the carpet and the bathroom was very outdated, unfortunately there was a large crack on the shower door which I don't think would be safe for children staying in that room. There are also broken and exposed plug points. The room became extremely warm in the night and we were not eager to keep the window open even being on the third floor for safety reasons, luckily we brought our own fan.

The location was only 10 minutes from the city centre with a harvester about 3 minutes away, clean bed linen and towels, kettle with tea and coffee sachets provided in the room. There was also a decent sized flat screen TV. I just needed a place to stay for one night as I had an interview at Coventry university the next morning and this was ideal and it was £40 and ample free parking. Also the beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Poor from the start

Toilet had marks and sick left in it when we got in room. Someone woke us up at 9.30 am shouting no sleeping. Work men started work at 9.30 am, didn't arrive at hotel until 12.00 am so was really tired

Room was ok

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Huge property but needs R & M

Eerie building in need of repair and love. Rooms unkempt and fairly dirty. Fire alarm wen off in the middle of the night and no staff attended.

the Rainbow Inn pub next door

• Reviewed: June 15, 2017

Beautiful entrance and reception.

Dodgy sockets that I wasn't told about A kettle put into an adapter (double plug) don't think that complies with health and safety. Window didn't close fully. Could hear outside noise. I explained the sockets not working made me think my charger or phone were faulty which stressed me out for five hours, staff (Mick) stared me out when I addressed this.

Beautiful entrance and reception.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Was given keys for a room that hadn't been cleaned so we...

Was given keys for a room that hadn't been cleaned so we asked for new room. We was on ground floor and no privacy as no nets at window had to close curtains which made room dark.

Dirty, smelly, rude,

This hotel smells like wet damp towels - the floor was dirty, I had a broken window lock in my room, out side the window someone had taken a wee in a bottle and left it on the roof top out side my room, along with about 100 fag butts and rubbish - including a dead pigeon. - the manager was very abrupt - no breakfast ( £90 a night, I would expect this) the hotel is grubby , the shower was grubby, I felt unclean after staying here - and to make matters worse, the fire alarm went off at about 12,30 am and there was no staff directing us, the guests (felt more like prisoners) were just sort of milling about for about 15 minutes than the manager said in broken English - fine - all go bed, no fire. They have flickering lights in the hall that made the place look sinister, the hotel needs a lot of money spent on it. The only good thing about this hotel is the location to the NEC and that I got a last minute room - to be honest, I wish I had just driven back to the north east and got up early to go back to the NEC the next day - I would never stay in this hotel again. see pictures attached - I could add more pictures of grotty carpets, dirt but I am sure you get the idea.

location to NEC

Great value for money

We were in the lodge which wasn't very safe, anybody could walk in the building and bang around on the doors. The TV didn't work and the shower leaked really bad. Also couldn't open the window and it was really hot.

We checked in around 1am so really late at night, reception were really helpful. Saved myself £25 through booking.com! Bed was so comfy.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2017

Very awful stay, will not be recommending anyone to stay

Rooms are very very very out dated, shower is very small, Toilet is not flashing properly, WiFi and phone signal is very very poor and awful. Plug points are not working in the room when I informed the staff they said the rooms are designed only to work one plug socket to work as they do not have capacity to enable the electricity on other sockets, which i find very concerning and unhappy.

Very quite and parking is free

• Reviewed: June 9, 2017

Superb building and room let down by a few minor issues

One of the bedside lamps didn't work, one of the plug sockets didn't work, the WiFi was very very poor (after trying to catch up on work i gave up and decided to listen to Spotify, signal not even strong enough to stream one full song), Evening restaurant doesn't open until 7, Fire Alarm went of at midnight (obviously nobodies fault). I also left my wedding ring on the sink, i phoned the hotel to ask if it had been found, firstly i was told "well someone is in that room now so i don't know what you want me to do" i asked if they could check with the cleaners and was told to phone back in a few hours. I did and was told the ring wasn't there. I am 100% sure i left it on the sink.

Building itself is beautiful, Room was really well presented as well and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

Worn down location in constant repair by a DIY'er.

-Only saw 3 staff ever. They didn't answer a mail I sent with a question. I had to pay on arrival. There was an extra charge for using credit cards. The rooms were all different. Whoever renovated the place forgot to sand down the door and protect the carpet from paint when paiting. The rooms weren't vacuumed. Most of the light fictures would have given me an epilepsy attack. There are ugly towels hidden away at the stairs of the third floor. (When exiting the lift , look to your left, right before you enter the hallway, see if you can spot the book hidden up there!). The hallway had a funky smell. The bedspings were very old and worn out. I'm unsure if my room was vaccuumed before we entered. A whole bunch of DIY whatever works type of repair work on the room.

Free Parking.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

lovely central hotrl
    • Family Room

View was the entrance to the hotel off a busy road,traffic was noisy. Not enough hangers

Rooms are lovely comfy beds, huge bathroom, room was a good size. Plenty of towels and a hairdryer

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Where not to stay

Not for families, staff were good, but the hotel bathrooms are awful, burgundy suites from the 1970's, taps dripping, desks which had been damaged, air con not working, lots of alcoholic's around the premises, possibly let to the homeless. Police were there both days we stayed. Then loud telephone conversations at 2am outside the foyer.

Location was good

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Filthy

See previous...

Utterly filthy, piles of dust on carpets, what I can only imagine were ejaculation stains liberally spread across the chairs and furniture of the rooms, strong odours of mould, mildew and smoke throughout the corridors, showered that alternated between dangerously hot and freezing cold seemingly of its own volition and a toilet covered in brown sediment. A fiercely unwelcoming night manager who apparently had no knowledge of our reservation and appeared uninterested in anything other than glowering at our group. Upon arrival at my room and taking a shower, to my surprise my door was attempted to be opened by an African family who had been allocated the same room. You can imagine the cordial exchange that followed as I stood there in a wholly undersized towel and little knowledge of what I can only imagine was Swahili. I assume the staff had anticipated this encounter as when I attempted to telephone reception I found the telephone in the room was not connected to the wall. Wholly inadequate and was booked as a last ditch. Avoid at all costs.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Shocking example of a hotel

My partner and I decided after viewing our room that we were under no circumstances going to stay at this hotel due to our concerns about safety. We're both firefighters and when we went to our accommodation which was in a lodge separate to the hotel we were shocked to find that the internal and external fire doors were propped open, the fire extinguisher in the hall was missing, there were 2 obvious signs of previous fires (a large area burn to the main lodge door on the inside and burnt curtains halfway up the stairs!) There was no cover to the actual fire alarm in the hallway which rendered it useless should it have activated and no smoke detector in our bedroom. In addition, there were paper bags of food left on the floor outside rooms which was a rodent hazard, no toilet paper in our bathroom and the bedroom window did not have a handle or lock and was secured only by a short cable which allowed the window to open a good 15cm so obvious security concerns if we had decided to stay. It didn't even shut. The main door to the lodge which had a keypad to allow access was left unlocked, again raising concerns about security and safety. The floors and walls in the lodge were grotty and the overall decor was dated and on the whole dingy. We returned to reception, informed them of our decision not to stay and also advised that we would be getting in touch with West Mids Fire & Rescue as we didn't deem the lodge to be safe for guests.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

I was well safe in the hotel

It was not modern hotel

The rooms need a lot of modification to meet the standard I was happy with the service but will not recommend to any of my friends.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2017

Lovely building let down by dated and worn interior.

Paid for breakfast and the chef had "gone back to bed" thankfully was a Harvester in walking distance. Had breakfast the next day, hot buffet that had clearly been standing hours (soggy or dry dependant on food). Rooms very dated, no drain in sink, stained old toilet, no working heating, very overpriced for standard. With a complete refurb could be lovely.

Well situated in nice village. Potential to be a lovely hotel.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in: don't book here.

Room filthy, plastic bag over fire sprinkler system: held on with elastic band. Shower head held on with elastic band. Curtains hanging off rail: sticky surfaces. Filthy carpet. Hole in wall: only half of light bulbs working. Worst hotel ever.

Nil

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Use a different hotel.

Staff were rude. Requested deposit money on arrival which I didn't have and wasn't made aware of beforehand. Staff told me to "forget it" as she was "too tired". Doors didn't feel secure when locked.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Very Poor Hotel - Wouldn't stay here again

Absolutely deserted hotel when I stayed. Reception area very musty smell. Whole hotel had feeling like it had been closed down years ago. Room old and shabby with poor door lock. No bar or restaurant open in the hotel that evening. I had paid a bed and breakfast rate but when I went down to the reception area the next morning the reception staff, who were there in their coats, look bewildered and told me they weren't serving breakfast but they could cook me a breakfast if I didn't mind waiting. I declined and asked for my money back for the breakfast. Wouldn't stay again.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Two nights in hell

Rooms that the door and windows did not lock securely. Cold water from the shower and bath. Ceiling tiles missing in rooms. Reception water feature, sorry that was a leak from the roof and the staff werent bothered, staff completely disinterested in any complaints. Overall a disgrace to the hospitality industry and a diligent EHO will close it down.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

Poor stay

The shower was about 2ft off the floor, the bathroom door did not shut or have a lock on it, when we came down for breakfast there was nothing to eat, we questioned them at reception, they had told the chef there was no one staying so did not have to cook breakfast, so we asked for our breakfast money back, for the next day as well, people on reception didn't seem to no what was going on, poor communication, also on Saturday morning there was a police car outside as something had gone on, also the Hotel was partly used for social housing, not impressed & will not be staying here again.

The Bed & TV

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Pleasant appearance from the outside but, rooms need updating.

Our initial room had a leak from upstairs which was dripping onto towels which had ben placed there. There was dirty laundry left outside one of the rooms and our booking was for 6 adults and 2 children and initially no beds supplied for the children. Later switched to a family room. The whole 3rd floor needs a good clean of the walls inside and out of the rooms. This site has chosen our score, I would not rate it as highly unfortunately.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Filthy death trap

Toilet was not flushed on arrival, everything is filthy and disgusting. Everything. Bodily fluids. Never been cleaned in years. It leaks through the ceiling right near some mouldy but still working lamps. Homeless people have been placed there, must be some social permanent accommodation project. People begging for money inside the dimly lit filthy corridors. It is a disgrace for Coventry and the Hotel & Tourist industry in the area. And should be closed down ASAP. Or better, years ago. They were fined £50,000 in 2012 for H & S reasons and it has been rotting and decomposing ever since. Paid £76 for it on arrival and should have slept in car. Its disease ridden and unsafe. They lock the doors at night, you cannot even get out.

There is nothing to like. It is a death trap, a health hazard. it should not be listed on Booking.com.