Reviews of Allison House 3 stars

17 Mayfield Gardens, Newington, Edinburgh, EH9 2AX, United Kingdom

#96 of 185 B&Bs and Inns in Edinburgh

Good location, self check in/out - great idea
    • Small Double Room

In the bathroom 2out of 3 lights were not working, this needs fixing. Otherwise everything else was great

Good location, self check in/out - great idea

Helpful staff, good location and free parking.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was very uncomfortable. I could feel the springs digging into my back.

Helpful staff, good location and free parking. The room was clean and spacious. Good value for money in Edinburgh

Handy guest house for University drop-offs or visits. Walking distance to Old Town.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No full time reception but manager was around and visible if help needed.

Great location for University, Old Town and Mayfield shops/bars. Parking on the front forecourt. Easy check-in/out.

No facilities for more than 1 night!
    • Standard Queen Room

Guest House not Hotel!! No breakfast although when we booked in July we checked Allison’s website and it clearly showed a dining room. Also booking.com clearly state it has a large garden for guests to enjoy. It is an overgrown jungle and we stayed 3 nights - without seeing any way to sit outside. The value of the rooms are between £50-£80. That’s what it’s worth - but by booking 2 months in advance we were charged excessively at £140per night. This was not good value! If we knew the lack of facilities- we would not have booked this place. Be sure it’s what you want!

6.0
    Good location and checking in was simple but could improve all round.
    • Small Double Room

Decoration was a little tired and the bathroom could stand some modernisation. Also the room (9) we had faced the street and was very noisey with traffic till late. No mechanical ventilation in the main body of the room so had to keep the window open with all the street noise. Shower pressure low and shower head holder was wonky.

Good location for where we wanted to be but the pictures of the property may cause some disappointment.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Disgusting and fraudulent!

See above!

Appalling! It is not a “Hotel” - it is a Guest House. No facilities! When I booked 2 months in advance it said buffet breakfast provided. There is no breakfast. We looked out onto an overgrown jungle. The room was dirty and cupboard untidy. But worse was that because we had booked 2 months in advance we were charged 233% more than the price being charged normally. It is unethical and unacceptable. The room was worth £60 - which is what we paid for the 3rd night (as before we saw hotel we extended our stay! More fool us!) we were charged £140per night! We didn’t want anroom at this level. It ruined our stay! Disgusted! We should have read reviews as everyone is complaining! We will not trust Booking.com again!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Short Break
    • Standard Twin Room

No breakfast facilities No mirror or dressing table Difficult to see what you were doing when drying your hair Couldn’t open the windows

The room we had was lovely and of a high standard

Room and facilities, including en-suite, were very good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was not aware before I checked in that Breakfast was not included - this was not made clear on the booking.com site and the google listing of the hotel still said it was. However, since my last stay in December 2016 when the hotel was a B&B, this service has apparently been discontinued. The room itself was excellent and I have no complaints about this, however I am more likely to seek a Bed & Breakfast for my next stay, as price had not changed to reflect this reduction of service.

Room and facilities, including en-suite, were very good.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Lovely room, quiet well equipped. Staff very helpful and friendly. Clean and comfortable
    • Standard Twin Room

The bedding was a little shabby but was changed immediately I mentioned it. The shower fixture was lose and didn’t stay up - I meant to mention it to Ace the manager, but forgot - I’m sure it would have been fixed if I had told him

The room was spacious with original features and modern adaptations fixtures/fittings the beds where comfortable, room was quiet and had everything we needed - lovely room and good quality furnishings. Staff very lovely, helpful and friendly

The room was nicely decorated and clean with a good shower.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no reception as such, you are given a code to a box to collect your key, so a little impersonal. Suited us fine as we were prepared for this.

The room was nicely decorated and clean with a good shower. Parking in front of the house only comfortably holds 3 cars without blocking anyone else in, however there is free street parking around the corner.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Fun in Edinburgh
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room 8 needs a few repairs. Bedside light broken and no toilet roll holder. Hot water did not last long for morning showers.

Very Clean. Excellent storage system for holding luggage.

Well-located elegant accommodation
    • Family Room

The only downside was that the water in the shower was never really warm enough

Family room very spacious with extremely comfortable beds, immaculate, lovely style, spacious bathroom

Disappointed
    • Small Double Room (No Window)

Room was very small and hot. The location description is not correct. It states a ten minute walk to castle. Wrong unless you are an Olympic speed walker

Car parking

Very nice place, good location, it is close to princes...
    • Small Double Room (No Window)

Very nice place, good location, it is close to princes street and there are a lot of activities within a mile of the hotel. The room was a little compact but extremely comfortable. Good transport links.

Good value
    • Small Double Room

Parking was full so we had to park on the street. There is a free parking zone close by hotel but it was not explained correctly by the staff (markings on the street make a difference...which for not locals is not immediately obvious) so we still got a ticket.

Good bus connection to the center from the bus stop near by.

Self check in worked well after receiving an email.
    • Small Double Room

Parking was an issue, with only a few spaces at the front. After this you have to park in another street. There is also the possibility of getting blocked in. The manager did move their car for us but you could see this was a regular issue. I feel at £140 per night, breakfast should have been included or the price reduced. It’s not really a hotel as such but a room with tea making facilities.

Self check in worked well after receiving an email.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice quiet room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I couldn’t close the bedroom window but the duvet & bedspread were nice and warm. I thought breakfast would be included but it wasn’t.

The room was nice and quiet and the beds were very comfortable.

Fabulous Hotel - a home from home!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was in the basement and it was tad warm at times. The window could not be opened but the caretaker Ace apologised for this inconvenience as it was already known about and will be rectified soon.

Beautiful house and location. Clean, tidy and well decorated throughout with a thoughtful, careful way of looking after the guests. I loved it and will return! Ace the live in custodian of this gorgeous hotel did a wonderful job looking after me. He is indeed a star!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Comfortable, clean, great location and staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great staff very friendly, we were in room 14 twin, excellent view, only issue would be door on bathroom didn’t shut properly but other than that couldn’t fault it.::: Stayed with a friend and even booked another 3 tights and he did us a great rate... highly recommended

I actually gave a glowing review on Google as the hotel...
    • Twin Room (No Window)

I actually gave a glowing review on Google as the hotel itself was fantastic and the young chap who greeted us on arrival was lovely and very helpful. However, when we arrived home I realised my camera was missing so I telephoned the hotel to ask them to check the room. The lady who answered initally said she couldn't understand me and said she didn't know what I was talking about. I was in a panic and stupidly said it was an expensive camera - the lady then understood me very well and said she would look and phone me back - I said she never asked for my number! Then she said she would email me. That was over three weeks ago and I'm still waiting. I understand it's my own fault for not checking I had all my belongings but I'm frankly disgusted. Lovely hotel but please double check you have everything before you leave. To the member of staff - if you did find my camera I do hope you enjoy it!

It´s a good place to rest!
    • Small Double Room

No places near for brekfeast!

It is a well organized place, new furniture and nice people. If you enjoy walking, it's about 30 minutes from historical center.

Enjoyed our stay at Allison house lovely room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Didn’t like smoking at the front door and all cigarette ends lying about. The garden could have been tidier as the property was so nice inside it let it down.

No mention that it was a basement
    • Twin Room (No Window)

The room was in the basement with no obvious ventilation, a radiator was on 24/7 so it was stuffy. I also thought it was illegal to have basement rooms with no windows.

The staff were very helpful and friendly

Eventful! Could update fire procedures/health and safety.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fire alarm went off during the night, several times. There was no guidance as to what to do, no set procedure for evacuating theproperty. Ourselves and other guests had no idea whether there was a fire or not. Eventually 2 men appeared with screw driver in hand and proceeded to dismantle the alarm. During the rest of the night we were a bit concerned about going to sleep, and to cap it all the electricity went off. It reminded us of one of the sketches in Fawlty Towers! A place we will remember.

Good location, not too far from centre, bus stop right outside which was very handy, room was nice and quiet, apart from the fire alarm going off.

It was available at short notice and I could see why.
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

The facilities were lacking - no refrigerator, no way to keep the window open (I had to wedge in a rolled towel to prop the window), and no breakfast. The bathroom was separate and there was no key so that anybody could use my room's assigned restroom as they wished. The worst part is that they did not respond to my email. There was no staff to be seen. Extremely hands off. It was rather far from the city center and required a car or bus ride.

The bed was fine. Check in was smooth.

Nice hotel and good value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wasn’t much choice for drinks and no labels on bottles in shower so didn’t know what was in them

It had a good variation of leaflets in the entrance of attractions and tours to help plan days out. The hotel itself was very nice and clean as was good value. Our room was very clean and was well looked after by housekeeping everyday. We also had a great view out of the window.

Expensive for a room only stay and lacked personal touches.
    • Family Room

No human interaction whatsoever, just self check in/out despite arriving at a time when reception should have been manned. Breakfast not included or even available as an option as dining room has now been turned into a bedroom! Hotel is on a busy road so traffic noise can be a problem if you're a light sleeper. Room was very clean but missed personal touches like a mirror or bedside lights.

Comfy beds and good location for city centre

I have enjoyed my stay at Allison House and would recommend this place as hospitable and convenient.
    • Twin Room (No Window)

No breakfast room facility as yet.

The property offers comfortable stay. It is easy by bus to access Edinburgh city and surrounding areas. The cleanliness is guaranteed.

The manager Ace was friendly, polite, charming and very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Other guests threw thier cigarette buts all over the forecourt. I suggest that a notice be placed on a larger deposit. Access to the garden would be an added bonus.

The manager Ace was friendly, polite, charming and very helpful with evrerything we needed.

The room was OK and the accommodation was not very far from...
    • Small Double Room

The staff could have been more friendly when we arrived: they immediately asked for the payment without introducing themselves or welcoming us in a warm way. As a guesthouse, I was expecting something more Value for money not very good: the rate was quite expensive considering that the room was small, no breakfast, not in the city center

The room was OK and the accommodation was not very far from the city center: 10 minutes by bike The building is very nice, the room quite and clean

Clean, tidy, hassle free and comfortable.
    • Twin Room (No Window)

Heating was on! So room was roasting. Maybe give a recommendation or money off voucher for breakfast somewhere close by?

No fuss, nice decor, safe, very clean, good area, 20 minute walk into Edinburgh city centre, shower gel in shower, soap in bathroom, nice towels, loved the ‘honesty’ fridge/supplies, easy arrival/departure, no hassle check in or check out, timely and accurate pre-arrival info. Perfect for a one night stay.

The bed was good.
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

3 pairs of soiled ladies underwear left in my bathroom. Didn't like being greeted via door entry phone. Never even saw a member of staff. Room was tired. Lots of scuff marks on the walls.

The bed was good.

The owner was very helpful and polite.
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

The room was very basic and the "private" bathroom for my room had no lock on the outside for it. Someone had clearly used the toilet whilst I was out for the early evening, so that was not great. Also, there is no manned reception so when I could not open the window in my room - the owner had to be called to the property. He very kindly drove to the property and opened it for me, but it would have been easier if there had been someone at the property to assist.

The owner was very helpful and polite.

There must be better places closer to town
    • Small Double Room

Mattress was worn and uncomfortable. Room was at the front of the building on a very busy road. Traffic was busy most of the time. Place is an older building which is fine but the inside is old and worn out.

Absolutely first class accommodation and friendly helpful staff
    • Small Double Room

The only issue was with the iron - there was some residue which meant I could not use on my linen shirt as it would have left a mark

The room was furnished very well - quirky but attractive design. Bed very comfortable which is essential for me as I have a lower back problem. Everything was spotlessly clean including the bathroom

Nice place but non-existent customer service
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

Customer service was terrible. We had booked one night and wanted to extend our stay for a second night. Ended up doing it on booking.com and tried contacting the staff to see if it was ok to remain in the same room for the second night. Tried messenger on booking.com, a phone call, and the video link at the front door they claimed would put you through to reception. All attempts at contacting staff on the first night were unsuccessful. The following morning, I woke up early to try and contact staff again. Cleaning staff were the only people I could find and the girl cleaning one of the rooms said it was fine to stay in the same room. Following this, people came in to our room on 3 separate occasions, twice cleaning staff again and once a window cleaner who didn't even knock, just walked straight in. When I tried the video phone at the door again, a cleaner came to check if we were ok. When I phoned, I was told to leave a message but never got a reply. And I never got any response to my message through booking.com. Cleaning staff were lovely but unfairly put in a position to deal with customers queries as they had no access to bookings and little English. Bed was uncomfortable and walls and carpet a bit stained.

Otherwise clean, good location, would have been great but bad customer service really turns me off a place. Would not recommend.

Good location along a busy bus route.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The dining room is being renovated so there’s no breakfast. The owner informed us of this the morning after we checked in and told us to just go elsewhere. This is disappointing for a B&B. The shower head was secured with tape and the water wasn’t as hot as I like, but my husband was fine. Housecleaning is spotty-some crumbs were never vaccummed during our stay and there was a crumbled tissue on our bed one day when we returned. The owners hang out in the lobby in the morning, but seem to be more watchful than hospitable-an approach better suited to a motel.

Good location along a busy bus route. Nice duvet. Sunny, pleasant room.

Great as a base for exploring Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
    • Small Double Room

Couldn't open window and it got very hot in the room. No breakfast option even though booking.com says there is.

Only short (ish) walk to city centre. Comfortable bed. Nice sized room.

Small, friendly hotel with convenient, regular bus service...
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

No air-con and windows didn't open so was a little hot and stuffy at night.

Small, friendly hotel with convenient, regular bus service into the centre of town. Newington is a great place to stay if you want to avoid large chain hotels and some of the tourist hustle and bustle. One of many small hotels/B&Bs in the area, so there's plenty of choice.

Great place to stay!
    • Small Double Room

It was our second time at the Allison House. It was as great as last year. The only difference there was no breakfast offered, but there are possibilities of having breakfast nearby. We would definitively book the Allison House again, should we go back to Edinburgh. A great place!

Business like
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This is very much a self service property. No staff around and keys in safebox to pick up. I did not stay for breakfast but believe it's a self service continental also. It was very convenient for me as in late and out early. Walking distance to reasonable restuarants. Rooms nicely renovated.

Would definitely reccomend!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very cosy room number 2. Really big and comfortable bed, small but very nice bathroom.All you need in the hotel for great price. Bus stop opposite the street but you can have a nice walk to the city centre. Free car park

Will return when in Edinburgh
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Accessibility is an issue with a few steps into the building and then 2 steps to the most accessible bedroom. Although there is private parking, it is quite limited and on-street parking is difficult

Location is good with public transport nearby. Room was large and very clean with all that you expect nowadays

Ok, but don't call yourself a B&B and then not do breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No staff around anywhere, no breakfast even though it was called a B&B, very noisy and could smell cigarette smoke a lot at night. Also no one replied when I asked about breakfast either.

Bed was comfy, convenient check in and check out, nice rooms.

It was clean
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

The room was so small, the bedside lamp was a fire hazzard, the radiator was hanging off wall, the floorboards squeeked and there was no breakfast but it was stated on the website it was available.

It was clean

Great location and pleasant stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location for a nights stay in Edinburgh. Plenty parking in the area and the room was large and well maintained. We managed to check in early as had a wedding that day and the staff were very helpful. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others :)

Choice for whom seeking for Quietness
    • Small Double Room

Not a very spacious room if have to say. But still a good choice I’ll recommend.

The room is clean and the location is quiet, 30-min’s walk to the city center, good experience walking in the morning feeling cozy Edinburgh And there’s a park space for self-driving travelers

Very satisfied, would surely visit again.
    • Small Double Room

The size of the room could have been a bit bigger and maybe a small fridge could be included.

Great location, near to bus station with direct access to the centre of the city within 10 minutes. Very clean and warm rooms, comfortable bed, smiley and helpful staff.

Great room, value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit far from the center, without car you have to use the bus, or walk for 30 min.

Very spaceous nicely decorated room with the view to the garden. Nice beds, all is very clean.

Practical but not friendly
    • Small Double Room

The staff appeared like they didn't care whether you were there or not. Asked to leave my bags early and was directed to a dining room before the member of staff vanished without a word.

The bed was really comfy.

Will most definately go back for another stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bottle of water in the room was not nice to drink it was hot maybe jst leave it out and could have done with more coffee and milk .

Host was helpful friendly and nothing was a problem arranged a taxi for us and the breakfast was delicious. Very clean hotel.

highly recommend
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

our room was on the top floor!!! if you have mobility issues i would request a room on lower floors. This was the only problem which wasn't a problem at all

lovely staff, nicely decorated, clean & comfortable. well worth the money. would return 100%

Worth every penney

No more staff at night

I like it very much. It was more than what i expected. Very homey and comfortable. Well maintained. Everythings fresh. From linens to toilet. Superb+

Comfy bed (we had the small double with bathroom and a...
    • Small Double Room

The floodlights outside made it feel like it was dawn or dusk even when it was dark outside! They weren’t on all night though and didn’t stop me from sleeping

Comfy bed (we had the small double with bathroom and a window), great shower, good location for restaurants and buses into town. Great croissants at breakfast.

Honestly it's a good place to stay for families couples or even single I would say :)

One of the rooms smell bit like old.. Like if it hasn't being used for a while.. It isn't a negative review just describing the first impression..

The rooms were big enough and I was very comfortable with my children being able to play and be free around as it is sometimes difficult to get that in some other hotels. It felt more like being home.. Nice stay: )

Good stay but poor staff.
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

Felt there were hidden costs such as breakfast and staff didn't give any information such as breakfast times/ wifi/ checkout/ parking etc. Instead, on arrival, we were told to pay within moments of walking through the door and charged further on exiting. Little flexibility on checking in.

Bed and room were very comfortable

Good value accommodation
    • Small Double Room

The wifi didn't seem to work, although we didn't ask about this, and it would have been nice to have fried eggs with the breakfast (rather than boiled or scrambled).

The bed was very comfortable and the room was warm and clean.

Good size room and bed, decorated lovely.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Street parking was confusing with permit restrictions mon-fri. No spaces left on the drive way. Rang up for travel cot to be put in the room, wasn’t one put in, and when asked said didn’t have one Shower head in room 1 won’t stay in place and was cold. Breakfast - no prices advertised £6.50 each

Good size room and bed, decorated lovely.

Clean but rude staff and bad smell
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a very strange smell in the bath room like mould or sewer it wasn't constant but was there most of the day. Also the breakfast was advertised to be included but it was an extra charge and very strange time frame of 1 and half hours only for breakfast. The host wasn't friendly or welcoming at all and when needed to extend the check out it was lacking information on what time to check out later and started banging the door hard to get us to check out. Every morning the cleaner would knock the door and when we answer with "one minute" she uses her key to come in there is no respect of privacy for the guest. No door sign to say do not disturbe to hang on the door.

The room was very clean and big. The bed was very comfortable.

The room is clean and very comfortable.
    • Small Double Room

The location is ok, its not in the centre, but you can get there in a 30 minute walk or you can take a bus. The room and the bathroom are quite small for two people. Most of the time there isnt anyone at the reception. The Wi-Fi also didnt work during my whole stay there.

The room is clean and very comfortable. For one person, its a good size room.

Definitely value for money
    • Small Double Room

I would have preferred a long length mirror in the bedroom

The location was great, rooms were very clean and the staff were very accommodating! I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again. It is about a 30 minute walk to the city centre but it is a straight road and a nice walk.

Good value for money.
    • Twin Room (No Window)

Only 2 hangers in wardrobe. Shower very low so a bit awkward for anyone over about 5ft 5”. Bathroom cold. Most annoying was the parking. When we parked, we had to block someone in. We made a point of telling this to the lady on duty, and she assured us it wouldn’t be a problem. However, the next morning at 8.30, when we were enjoying a very rare lie-in, she came knocking on our door to get us to move the car. She could easily have checked with the owner of the car the night before, and we could have moved the car then.

Clean, warm, spacious bedroom. Two pillows each. Reasonably sized bathroom. Plenty of hot water and decent pressure in the shower. Nice to have tea and coffee-making facilities and hairdryer.

The bed was super comfortable, best of any hotel bed I have...
    • Small Double Room (No Window)

The room was particularly small and had no window (this was made clear in the booking information). Whilst this suited my circumstances perfectly (I had booked the room at a last minute discounted rate for a one night necessary stopover), if I were staying longer or booking in advance, I don't think this would be as good value for money compared to other places I have stayed.

The bed was super comfortable, best of any hotel bed I have slept in I think!

Excellent value for money
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

Parking was a little limited out the front but plenty of free spaces in a side road a short distance away.

Excellent value for money and the staff went the extra mile to make sure we had a comfortable stay.

Great value for money!
    • Small Double Room with Private External Bathroom

Despite the great value of the room, I noticed that there could be a few improvements including the table side lamp which looked stained. Despite there being a blind, it still let light through. Now that we’re in spring it’s getting lighter earlier and as a result I was up before my alarm so I recommend curtains for that factor. I would have preferred a bathroom connected to the bedroom but I appreciate the layout and again the price was great- (had a feeling the bathroom was used by other guests despite being private). I wish it was a little closer to the city centre for easy access, but despite this it did give me great steps on my pedometer so swings and roundabouts.

Great value for money, I especially enjoyed the biscuits and coming back to a tidy room when we didn’t have time to do it ourselves. Great service. Although I didn’t see the staff very often as we were out and about, they were always smiley and pleasant when I did see them. Very clean for a very reasonable price.

Nice and cosy
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was hard to get in touch with the staff

The bed is amazing. Everything was clean and tidy, we would recommend it for a couple of days and it is probably the best place to stay in the mayfield garden street as there are a lot of others.

Most disappointing.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked a larger room with a large double bed with a window , but were initially led to a very small room with twin beds and no window. Was told that that was only room available. Took a lot of disputation to be given that which we had booked. Meaning that it is was patently untrue to be told that they were fully booked. Fixtures and fittings second rate. Shower stall cheap and leaky

We had paid before arrival, but were nonetheless greeted with a request for payment.

great hidden gem.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing to write in this section. But wants me to put something. So here I go.

Great hotel. Great location. Great stay. Definitely recommend to all. Thank you to the staff. Highlight was the large rooms and parking was also helpful.

Modern and comfortable
    • Twin Room (No Window)

The wifi was out and our room was down stairs so we didn’t get phone reception, had to go out the front to get in contact with the outside world.

Good location - easy bus ride into the city centre. Staff were very polite and helpful. Bathroom and room were very modern and comfortable.

Clean, comfy, friendly, will return
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The WiFi wasn't working during my stay. They offered usnect doors WiFi but that didn't seem to work either. Besides this everything else was great!

Great place, clean, friendly, easy bus routes into town and close to restaurants and bars.

Comfortable room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I found a kettle and tea/coffee selection in my room. This was really what I need after my long travel to Edinburgh. They also provided additional heater in case you are cold. However, the room was at perfect temperature. A good hotel and recommended!

Brillant
    • Small Double Room

The room was excellent but the noice from the out side was deferning. Didn't get a good night sleep cos of it....

Nice and clean and the staff we're lovely

Perfect for a little trip away, so comfortable and modern!
    • Small Double Room

It was a bit of a walk to the centre but definitely not too much of a problem! Plenty of easy bus routes

Perfect for a little trip away, so comfortable and modern! We were shocked at how nice it was, even better than the pictures.

Wonderful, good value two days! Thank you.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was very comfortable and the overall decor very tasteful. Its a beautiful building and in a convenient location. Parking a few metres away in a side street was very easy too. Overall an incredibly good value stay in this wonderful city.

Excellent! Lovely room and staff. Will use again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing it was all good.

The room was large airy and warm. The bed very comfortable and the shower room lovely and clean. I will definately use again. I cant comment on the breakfast as I didn't have it. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Browse Allison House traveller photo gallery