Reviews of Angmering Manor Hotel and Spa 4 stars

High Street, Angmering, BN16 4AG, United Kingdom

#1 of 2 hotels in Angmering

- genuinely friendly staff
    • Four Poster Bedroom

- not enough hot water to run a bath (but it was a big bath and middle of an unusual hot summer)

- genuinely friendly staff - amazing garden, full of flowers and water and a nice cosy set to sit down after a long day - very quiet and peaceful environment - old, beautiful building - clean, good rooms with everything you need - fresh warm breakfast cooked for you; not a buffet - nice little bar, lounge area and separate restaurant, also good terrace to eat outside.

Staff and location

Limited choice at breakfast ... as a vegetarian The room was unbearable hot ( the chocolate left on the bed had melted) and although fans were provided they were covered in dust - unhygienic I chose to open the window but there was a generator or extractor or something which was noisy therefore a poor sleep which wasn’t good because I had an important meeting to attend. The room was lovely and clean but the fans need attending too

Staff and location

Probably wouldn’t come back.
    • Four Poster Bedroom

Didn’t like the fact that we had booked for two of us but only one bottle of water, thought was a bit stingy. Even though it was very quiet there were only two staff on . After our main course we were asked if we would like to have desert on the patio , as it was a lovely evening. The lady new we wanted coffee after but after waiting more than half an hour we went to look for someone to pay bill. We looked in reception - no one there, same in the bar. There was no one around at all. After ten minutes the lady finally emerged. Explained we got fed up of waiting to order coffee so could we just pay bill, as we were leaving very early the next morning. Feel guests deserve just a bit more attention.

I loved the bed and the bath. The water pressure was fantastic and nice and hot. Loved the fact we had the pool to ourselves. The food was fantastic.

Ok over priced by far. !

For the price it wasn't as expected in all honesty, the bathroom was a little worn out and not as clean as you would expect for a spa advertisement the room was an upgraded room and It just wasnt what Id expect as an upgrade especially for the price

Breakfast was fabulous, the bar staff and breakfast staff super and friendly the entry receptionist could be more friendly if I am honest.

Very relaxing. We'd come again.

We didn't like the distressed furniture in our room. Too easy to bump into. Would have preferred modern furniture.

The swimming pool is lovely. Really enjoyed it. Food good. Staff friendly. Nice dressing gowns.

Was nice but, nothing out of the ordinary

The room was very hot, but did have two fans in it, but velux was broken and did not open which did not help with the heat. The hair dryer was not working, which mend i was able to style my hair how is would of liked, no mention in book in room if there are spare ones

Like the fresh friut, at breakfast, but could have more to chose from as many fruit are in season and cheap to buy. ie strawberrys, Raspberry and blueberries

110% PERFECT

NOTHING

Was our Honeymoon Night ! Going Back for our 1st Anniversary next Year ! Same room ! The Four Poster & Spar-Bath ! EXCELLENT XX The staff were so friendly & nice. Our room was more than excellent ! didn't want to leave. Had our own Veranda , Garden table & chairs ! Perfect in everyway

Set in a lovely location.
    • Four Poster Bedroom

Service in the breakfast room was inadequate. Guests having to sit at tables already used and not cleared. We sat in a room full of uncleared and dirty tables for the duration of our breakfast. Had to make a complaint about builders outside painting around the dining room windows AND smoking! While we were eating. On arrival at the property we were also greeted with the same group of workmen spread out sitting on the ground in front of the main entrance smoking. It is the lack of attention to detail in various areas that grieved us. This property is an expensive stay and therefore we feel the service should be reflected in the price.

Set in a lovely location. The room was spacious and clean. The pool was a great bonus. Garden nice enough but is very small compared to pictures seen on booking site. The food in general was lovely.

Could be fabulous, but wasn't !

Our room was very small, more like a large single than a double, our friends rooms were double the size of ours and for the same price! The decor is very dated and tired. The window-less bathroom was very hot as it backed on to a boiler room. Lots of dark narrow corridors (I appreciate that this is an old building but with better decor and lighting this could be addressed). The full english breakfast didn't have a vegetarian equivalent and was disappointing.

Good location, walking distance to village and a superb pub (The Lamb). The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

The friendly staff helped as through a difficult visit.

We found The bedroom decor and furniture somewhat overpowering! A good sized room was over crowded. The lighting although pretty is excessive and the bed side lamps far too cumbersome. The beautiful garden was looking a little neglected .

Excellent walk in shower and the largest bath towels ever. Enjoyed the French evening but surprised at lack of French wines on the wine list. Food throughout our stay was excellent

A fantastic surprise for my partners birthday

I cannot fault this hotel i loved it, the food in the restaurant was amazing one of the best meals I have had in a long time the staff were fantastic, helpful and very friendly I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to revisit sometime soon.

A lovely hotel which I would recommend to anybody.

Entrance and exit to easy to drive pass and miss and a bit tight if you've got a large car, but once Your in the car park plenty of room.

I liked everything about the property and hope to return soon.

Great place to stay!
    • Four Poster Bedroom

What a great place to stay. The food was delicious, the bridal suite was very comfortable and the spa and massage treatments were relaxing. A big thank you to the staff who were especially friendly and helpful. Would totally recommend this hotel to family and friends and hope to stay again in the future.

Pleasant, comfortable stay.

Some minor problems. No replacement toiletries on second day. Lukewarm shower on last day. Continental breakfast very dull.

Friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. Comfortable and clean room. Good cooked breakfast and evening meal.

Short and sweet

Breakfast room was aesthetically pleasing but ambience could be improved with a little subtle music in the background.

Breakfast very good, check in was straightforward, the room was comfortable and the bed was very nice. The hotel was easy to find and in a good location

Great food. Value for money. Comfortable room and great facilities. But restaurant service very slow

Slow service in the restaurant. Not surprising as only two staff to cover reception, the bar AND the restaurant.

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Food was great!

Hope to return one day

What a beautiful hotel! Warm welcome from the staff, lovely room with very comfy bed, and great bathroom. Breakfast was perfect. Only downside was that I was not spending longer there! Delightful village with some shops and a fantastic pub just down the road! I would not hesitate in returning to stay here again if I had the chance.

Pretty Village not far from beaches and activities

Found the decor rather oppressive but it is an old manor so it is to be expected. The bed was uncomfortable and the room felt small. It was ground floor double room with 2 windows but heavy vegetation cut out light and room lighting dim.

Interesting old property.

Bedroom decor and furniture slightly tired and needed an update. We had a sofa in our room but it was pretty worn out. No walk-in shower, only over bath.

Interesting old property. Charming, helpful staff. Very good restaurant. Good parking. Attractive garden.

Very pleasant , relaxing and nice atmosphere
    • Four Poster Bedroom

The buffet part of the breakfast was somewhat lacking. We did not want a cooked breakfast, only one yogurt was on the side, small selection of cereals, fruit not very exciting. Definitely could have been better.

The room was luxurious, spotlessly clean, the bed super-comfortable.

Convenient location and some friendly staff but I wouldn’t stay here again

They didn’t change our towels even though we asked for room service. One of the waiters was not friendly to us. Some of the things in the room were dusty when we arrived. And there was no air con.

The breakfast was really good. Some of the staff were very friendly.

Overall good quality

The room was not what I would class as 'superior'. Quite small and ordinary. Very expensive for what it was. Have stayed in better room in central London for less money!

Overall good quality

Was on the door step for my business meeting friendly helpful staff guess I would stay again
    • Four Poster Bedroom

The bedroom was very hot but there was a fan on the side to help I guess it's hard to get it right for all guests some like it hot some like it cool the fan was broken in the bathroom coffee table had a broken leg apart from the bath enamel missing due to wear the window wood work looked like it needed a coat of paint everything was great the lady on reception upon arrival was very nice and very helpful as I was checking in late and the bar was closing was set up in the lounge with a couple of pints ready for me to enjoy

This property is very nice but it is in need of some modernisation some of the bedroom furnishings are a little tired I thought it was a little over priced for a one night stay

The meal in the evening was ok, I ended up getting the wrong...

The food, the fact that you don't have crisps or nuts and don't do sandwiches or light snacks

The meal in the evening was ok, I ended up getting the wrong steak. Breakfast was mediocre, nothing to shout about.

Lovely and relaxing stay for a few nights in beautiful location.

That our stay was only a couple of nights - would have liked to stay longer!

Bed was comfortable. Had a shower and roll top bath and shower - plenty of room to move. The food was excellent and all the staff very pleasant and efficient. This is our second stay here and we hope to return - would definitely recommend. Lovely quiet setting and lovely village.

Relaxing

Breakfast selection was very limited.

Staff very friendly comfortable accommodation. I had a fantastic massage on the day we arrived. The evening meal was delicious.

Peaceful hotel with excellent facilities and welcoming staff 10/10

I wouldn’t change a thing

My experience as a whole at Angmering was outstanding. Fantastic service in a beautiful building with excellent Wi-Fi and a very clean pool and small fitness centre that was perfect for my needs. Very impressed and I’ll definetly be returning.

Lovely village location.

Restaurant already fully booked when we arrived, so had to go out for dinner. Not show around hotel had to find everything our self.

Lovely village location.

Great, would book again, just a couple of disappointing elements

Light fittings and some furniture a bit dusty, some dubious stains in guest ifnormation book which was the first thing I looked at, it looked like mould which was a real shame because there was so much that I loved. No offer for fresh milk which I consider a basic thing these days.

Comfortable bed, great shower, tasteful decoration, very peaceful, relaxed atmosphere, a bit quirky, friendly staff.

Definitely recommended. Lovely food, lovely garden, nice rooms and all in all a very nice place!

Would have preferred an upstairs room and the spa was a bit small (just a pool really) - but still we really enjoyed our stay.

Lovely staff and very nice decor, loved the food and the garden.

Enjoyable with historic surroundings

This was booked for my 90 year old parents for their Platinum Anniversary. They had a wonderful time. An experience to remember. So I thank Angmering Manor for making their stay memorable.

The room, the staff, the location, & the breakfast was...

Room was super hot, & it was a really hot day too, needed to keep all Windows open at night!

The room, the staff, the location, & the breakfast was spot on!

Beautiful dinner and lovely garden.

The bed was a little small but still comfortable.

Beautiful dinner and lovely garden. Spa facilities were very good and building had a lot of history. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Was a very peaceful location.

Quaint and lovely staff.

If was travelling for work no suitable work space or lighting in room

Quaint and lovely staff. Really helpful and bent over backwards to accommodate my dietary requirements

Angmering manor Spa

We paid for a superior room, however the bed was awful, it was lumpy, you could feel the springs. Well past its sell by date.

The hotel was in a great location and had bags of character.

I had a tranquil three day stay in this delightful area.

The only thing that wasn't to my taste was the very ornate bedroom furniture but I'm sure many people would love it.

I am végétarien and the restaurant meal was lovely. Also fresh fruit for breakfast. The staff too were very good. The hotel has a wonderful swimming pool and sumptuous towels. Also a tranquil well kept garden.

Ok.ish would.nt go back..

This was supposed to be a superior room!!! It was very small and dark with NO PRIVACY at all as there was not nets or blinds at the windows so anyone in the car park could c u walking around in the morning so u had to draw the curtains to get dressed or undressed...u needed lights on all the time..the duvet was like a tarpolium very heavy...we had to ask for a sheet because it was far to heavy to sleep..

Location..Dining room..room and the garden

Very pleasant stay only let down by beer and food.

Clothes storage in room very poor, odd coat hangers in wardrobe looked like they were free clothes shops. Drawers to small to put clothes in properly. Beer in bar had poor selection no proper beer on tap. Poor menu in restaurant for dinner menu rated number 4 but The Lamb was 10 times better for same price.

Comfortable bed, coffee / tea making facilities in room. Quite setting, good breakfast.

Swimming pool perfect for family party of 6, especially 3 yr...

Internet was a little intermittant. Some of the family found the rooms quite hot.

Swimming pool perfect for family party of 6, especially 3 yr old. Breakfast good, beds and rooms comfortable, eclectic decor. This trip a returning family visit from July 2017 & we'll come again.

A very special quality that has left a mark on me.

A little old and some parts not as polished for the price. Be nice to update without loosing the feeling of the place.

A very special quality that has left a mark on me. Feel like your in another world in another time.

We paid £159 for a £60 max overnight stay.

We paid £159 for a £60 max overnight stay. Hugely overpriced, breakfast was a joke; asked for mushrooms and tomatoes so I supposed I got what I asked for but it was one tomato in half with about 4 mushrooms quartered spread all over a massive square plate - not sure they know what presentation is. Had to ask for more fruit as there was one piece of sliced orange left. The place needs a make over it felt unloved and shabby, but definitely not chic. Bedroom was ugly and so small. Definitely give this place a miss, go to the premier inn 1/2 a mile away for a third of the price.

Due to hygiene reasons I would not stay there again nor recommend it

I was returning from the swimming pool to my room no 100 at about 0900 on Monday 2 April and I was about to pass the men's toilet in the corridor and heard the loo being flushed and what looked like the morning chef walked straight out without washing his hands. I know he did was has soon after he flushed the toilet he opened the door and walked out. Therefore he touched every door handle he came into contact. So unfortunately because of this my experience was not great

Breakfast was good

Husband and Wife stay for a local wedding.

Only blip having to change room, my minor detail, as tv control for new plasma tv had not arrived. I like to watch the news at night. I would have liked a bath but the shower was big.

Staff team were welcoming and warm, couldn't be more helpful. The hotel was oldie worldly with lots of character. Our bedroom was beautifully done.The young woman in the Spa was fantastic. I even had the swimming pool to myself. Would definitely return again.

Apart from few grouses we were well satisfied with our stay.

Room facilities: no hooks! No chair/s ? because a smaller room); bathmat had to be requested.

Comfort; cleanliness; pleasant and helpful staff; ambience; orchids (we love)in room; breakfast

I had a lovely time, the hotel was traditional and staff attentive. The pool was a good size too!

My room was really hot even with the heating off and there was a noisy fan outside the window so with the windows open sleep was a little disturbed.

The staff were just lovely,this was good old fashioned customer service at its best.

Lovely place for our honeymoon will be back next year for our one year anniversary
    • Four Poster Bedroom

There was a loud party the Saturday night we were there but it was st Patrick’s day

Our room had back doors leading out to a beautiful garden, and the bath with jets was a lovely touch

Style in old traditional English

Receptionist a bite hectic and in a rush We were a group of 5 for breakfast we got served always at the end even people came after us. The second day two different waitresses did ask a table which came after us if they are served. No waitress did ask our table??? And there were only 3 tables with people! It‘s definitely not 4 star to European! More like 3 star.

Style in old traditional English

Friendly welcome and detailed info regarding breakfast and...

Bedroom was very hot had to have the windows open (during the snow). limited selection at breakfast and breakfast started late at the weekend which meant on our first morning we could not get breakfast as had an early start.

Friendly welcome and detailed info regarding breakfast and pool etc. Gardens are very beautiful.

Perfect place for a pampered getaway.

The heating in our room was on constantly throughout our stay which was extremely over powering, causing us to sleep with the windows wide open all night. Unfortunately the breakfast was not as good as we thought it may be however that would not stop us from staying again.

The staff were lovely and very helpfull in showing my mum and i to our rooms and explaining what we needed to do and where to go for our spa treatments (Which were fanominal). The rooms were nice and extremely spacious. The shower was a decent size and had excellent power. (Not just a few drips) it was pleasantly surprising when we realised we had a full sized wardrobe storing a spa robe and some slippers for us to dress into whilst venturing down to the spa and pool. The swimming pool was a good size and very clean.

Birthday stay!
    • Four Poster Bedroom

The breakfast could have been better. Freshly cooked. More choice in the cold buffet.

The room was nice, the bathroom, the decor, the character of the while building, the evening meal was very good, the facilities, ie swimming pool and small gym, Sauna, all good. And the staff were friendly and helpful.

Pleasant stay - served its purpose - meeting up with old friends. Would return.

Very poor pressure in shower (Room 101) Gave up on washing my hair - very irritating. And yet pressure in wash handbasin taps was very fierce! Pool too small. No good for a swimmer at all.

Comfortable beds - pleasant room. Staff friendly & helpful but service at dinner/breakfast was frustatingly slow. Food was average.

Lovely place, lovely people.

Not the comfiest of beds if I’m honest. Not a bad bed, just not the best for me. Other than that little thing, no complaints.

The staff were absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. Loved being able to use the pool and gym. Room sizes were excellent, food was delightful. Will definitely be back

Good, we may come again.

The room was small, but what do you expect in an old house which has had to accommodate the rooms to house good ensuite bathrooms, but we could open the windows for fresh air. It was very well modernised

The bed was extra comfortable - the pillows, which are frequently a problem in some hotels, were full and soft. We slept very well. The shower was a power-shower and very hot, lovely! Unfortunately we didn't take dinner as we were meeting friends elsewhere however the breakfast was quickly produced, well cooked, and even the toast was hot! The ambience was delightfully quaint with the long oak lined corridors and giant mirrors. It is an old mansion and hasn't lost its character and charm, though sometimes a little overdone.

We loved the staff who couldn't do enough for us very friendly and we would go back if food improved

The food was very poor quality . Scrambled egg mircrowaved and rubber texture . Poor quality white bread . Poached eggs swimming in water on the plate and cottage pie poor quality due to contents mince and liquid mash token couple of cubes of veg on plate the whole dish appeared precooked mircrowave meal

bed was comfy

Have lumps on my head because the door ways are only 5 foot high I am 6.1 towels were not changed just taken off the floor and hung up and no toiletries on second day otherwise ok no table to put laptop on to work

bed was comfy

Very relaxing and well kitted out for a romantic getaway

Room was very hot

Staff were very helpful and attentive, cosy atmosphere with the dark wooden corridors and nicely decorated bedroom. Gym, pool and sauna was a welcome touch and the local pubs and restaurants were a short walk away. Perfectly situated to Arundel for a romantic getaway for any couple .

When we changed rooms it was a lot better

We think customers should be told on booking if there is a theme night as no food at restaurant was available

When we changed rooms it was a lot better

Poor. Won't be back.

Hotel lounge areas cold and not comfortable . Cleanliness of the rooms left a lot to be desired. Restaurant closed Sunday evening. Not mentioned at time of booking or in literature. Milk, yoghurt at breakfast warm and not chilled. Long wait for tea/coffee service.

Decent wine selection. Breakfast toast came in a toast rack!!

not happy with the hotel for how they have handled our complaint by not replying to us.

The photos of the rooms on booking.com are of boutique bedrooms when in fact we were put in an 80’s throw back bedroom that was dirty and things were broke in there, as someone who is 6ft 4” my head hit the roof when trying to shower. We asked about booking a massage for my parter who is pregnant and the staff didn’t know if they offered a pregnancy massage so the whole point of us staying there was ruined as we didn’t get to use the spa.

The staff were very polite and the food was really good, came out when each course should have done.

We had a lovely break. The staff made up for any short falls.

Nescafe coffee in room disappointing but we took our own. Only 1 biscuit and 1 water put out in room and there were 2 of us! But it was complimentary and we could have asked for more - a bit strange though. We stayed to dinner and vegetarian food not so good considering price.

Comfortable bed. Very friendly staff . Great shower. Not sure about the décor but it was interesting!

Overall we had a lovely stay and would happily recommend this hotel to others.

Service was not always all that it might have been. Staff preoccupied with their own admin tasks at times to the detriment of providing a good service to their customers/guests. Perhaps take a trip to The Lamb to see how things could be done better.

Evening meal was excellent. Rump of lamb was delicious as was my partners steak. Commendation to the chef. The pool was superb and my daughter and I really enjoyed our relaxing swim. The dining room/breakfast room was lovely.

Quirky building

Quirky building. Floors slope a lot as they are very old. But it means the tables slant or wobble. Initially it’s quaint and interesting but that wears off after a bit

Quirky building

Its rather an odd hotel, not very accommodating and is in need of some major TLC

The heating was completely off in our room on arrival. It was cold to begin with, but worse was that the room was damp. The bed clothes were damp, the mattress was damp. We arrived at 8.35 pm on a Friday night hoping to be able to get some dinner. We were told the restaurant was closed. When we asked what time it shut, they said 8.30pm. We saw waiting staff take dinner out to the restaurant while we were checking in. We had to order a take away. Maybe this was a lucky escape, we'll never know... Decor is dingy, needs refreshing/modernising throughout, a lick of paint would be a nice treat for it. It has the makings of a great place.. but its not, which is really sad.

It was close to where the wedding we were attended was being held.

I won’t be returning

WiFi kept dropping in and out. Staff weren’t overly friendly when I arrived as they were cashing up at the end of their shift at 10pm. 07:30 breakfast wasn’t ideal and would have been nice if it had been earlier Fire alarm at 05:30 & 06:00 - whilst not the fault of the hotel, not a great way to be woken up

Location was very quiet

Quiet location.

Restaurant dimly lit Furniture in bedroom balanced on folded up pieces of paper. Room lighting not the best either

Quiet location. Friendly staff Lovely food

Lovely little manor house for a short break away.
    • Four Poster Bedroom

The original room we booked was given to another guest so was not happy about this.But they did their best to give us another room of our liking.

Has a lot of character and the staff are very chatty and helpful.

Not very welcoming

We got the distinct impression that we were in the staffs’ way on the few interactions we had. Abrupt, unhelpful and in one instance openly rude is the only way the staff can be described, I don’t think that any of them wanted to be there. At least we all had that in common. The linens & soft furnishings are all past their prime, old tatty and threadbare. The bathroom floor grouting I think was originally white but beige mostly now, with green and black sections, it just did not make me feel very clean while I was in there. Lightbulbs are not working everywhere throughout the building. “Tea and coffee making facilities” is a stretch of a claim too; eight coffee sachets, four tea bags but only four UHT milk pots to accompany them. An eye for some detail would go a long way at this place. It is such a shame too, the DNA of the set-up is there = the room was a decent size, the food (what little selection there was) is of great quality but the people are definitely letting the overall environment down. It had the feel of a young offender’s prison with the staff treating me like I was an inmate and that I should know better! I hope that someone explains to the staff that customers aren’t sentenced to stretches with them. I did not feel welcome, comfortable, relaxed nor that my custom was appreciated once. I can only live and learn = it will not happen again. One to avoid unfortunately folks.

Warm cosy friendly relaxing break with no hassle we both enjoyed the weekend.

Central heating a little warm in the room nice for me but my partner would have preferred a little cooler nothing else to mention.

Easy access good parking plenty to do within a close area, cosy warm hotel, friendly staff. With a nice well heated swimming pool and sauna for the rainy days, excellent. Nice indian restaurant 1mile away and a lovely fish restaurant in close by Littlehampton. THE FISH FACTORY.

Ok,could be a lot better needs money spending in certain areas

Bed wasn't that comfortable,too many doors to get to the rooms and thin walls I could hear noise all the time

Food was good if a little on the pricey side

Quirky but comfortable stay in pretty location

Even with wi-fi boosters in the corridor, the connection kept dropping, which was very annoying.

Comfy bed and nice pool. Breakfast was good and the staff were very welcoming and helpful.

Not up to expectations.
    • Four Poster Bedroom

I thought I was getting more for my money from what you advertised on the website but what I got in the room didn’t live up to expectations & the room wasn’t clean the bathroom wasn’t clean & really old needed updating just not worth the money I paid very disappointing, I did complain about the room & that I expected more for my money & they told me they would let the manager know & get him to ring me but they haven’t rang so not happy at all & definitely won’t be going back there.

Friendly staff & breakfast was nice could of been a little more choose like more fresh fruit etc.

A beautiful room and lovely decor throughout the hotel.

Sauna was a little small and pool could have been a little warmer.

A beautiful room and lovely decor throughout the hotel. Very clean and comfortable. Good breakfast.

Fantastic facility’s - a real Gem

Only negative was the room was so warm but we just turned down the rads very easily. I’d prefer too warm than cold any day.

A real gem! Lovely rooms, Bath was fabulous, charming venue. Great restaurant, pool was clean & well kept. Couldn’t ask for more.

Good place to stay

Bathroom could have been cleaner,the bed mattress very soft with no support, needs replacing

Staff friendly breakfast good located in a pleasant village

A lovely stay unfortunately had to leave a day early due to my grandson being admitted to hospital,

A little chilly in room

The Christmas decorations were the best I’ve ever seen. Food in restaurant was delicious staff friendly especially the Scottish lady in restaurant.