2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Cumbria hotel reviews
  4. Bowness-on-Windermere hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Aphrodites Boutique Hotel

Reviews of Aphrodites Boutique Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Longtail Hill,, Bowness-on-Windermere, LA23 3JD, United Kingdom

#8 of 17 hotels in Bowness-on-Windermere

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Really relaxing

No restaurant on site

Fabulous room and hot tub was lovely, with champagne glasses and ice bucket supplied, Net Flix available was a good addition. Staff were very helpful in recommending places to eat and organising taxis etc

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Our stay was amazing and very relaxing!
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

Check in could be a little earlier as the rooms are so amazing you just want more time! We couldn’t hear the tv in the spa bath the volume didn’t go very loud at all.

The hotel was absolutely perfect! Great location. The staff are very friendly and helpful! Breakfast was delicious! The room was just perfect very relaxing felt like home from home! Already looking at coming back! I had read a lot of mixed reviews but I was very happy with the service we received. Overall the stay was perfect! The location was beautiful lots of bars shops places to eat within walking distance!

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

World class experience
    • Deluxe Suite

Gary at reception was excellent, we were late checking in but it was no problem for him as he stayed to let us in. Room was fantastic modern decor - hot tub - spa bath just amazing. Thanks guys we will be back!!

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Excellent stay, luxurious but well worth the price and 5 hour drive!
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

I was slightly disappointed because I ordered an additional package as a surprise to my partner, which included a balloon, rose petals scattered on the bed and heart shaped chocolates but the chocolates in the room weren't heart shaped, it was just a small box of chocs.

The hot tub in the room was awesome and the decor / lighting.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Everything about the place is outstanding the room;
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

Nothing the place is great

Everything about the place is outstanding the room; bathrooms; location, the staff are very friendly would highly recommend anyone wanting a romantic break away

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

A very special place to stay

I didn't want to leave.

Amazing facilities, really friendly and helpful staff. Room was gorgeous, clean and tidy with all the mod cons that it included. Hot tub was amazing, breakfast was superb. We had a fantastic weekend. I really was sad to leave.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

It was totally disgusting for a luxury suite, couch was wet...
    • Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

It was totally disgusting for a luxury suite, couch was wet and smelt mouldy, so did carpet and curtains bed was uncomfortable, no heating the smell in the room was rank we packed up and went home at midnight couldn’t take it anymore totally disgusted.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Awesome experience but the shine was taken off with issues
    • Deluxe Suite with Spa Bath

At 1am on the 19th the speakers in the bathroom came on full blast with Whitney Houston. We were asleep at this time all the entertainment systems were off and we didn’t know where it was coming from, we had 10 minutes of running around trying to knock it off. This really took the shine off our weekend as we had just got engaged. My partner couldn’t get back to sleep as it spooked her why this had happened. We reported this the next morning but if we’re honest it wasn’t taken seriously!! Also the toilet needed attention as you had to play with the flush button to stop it just constantly running with water!

The breakfast was great really really good. The room in general was great but had issues which we reported.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Good luxurious experience
    • Executive Suite with Spa Bath

The price for the suite per night is high but if it’s within your budget it’s definitely worth the experience! The variety of breakfast available is much too small

On arrival to the hotel the service was excellent! Staff are very friendly! The suite was spotless and was warm before we arrived!

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

The room was brilliant, comfy,
    • Executive Suite with Spa Bath

I payed £360 for a one night stay, which I didn't mind doing. I could not connect to the Internet I could not watch netflix The condiments were very very poor, for that price I would expect a bottle of prosecco and maybe some nice biscuits. Infact the only condiment we did have was a bottle of water, tea and coffee. My friend stayed in exactly the same room, with access to netflix and a lot more condiments on offer.

The room was brilliant, comfy, Facilities in the room were brilliant.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Very friendly staff .
    • Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

Unfortunately Hot tub wasn't working . But very helpful staff and really friendly..room was fantastic and the breakfast in bed awesome

Very friendly staff .. room excellent had a great stay and they couldn't do any more to make you feel welcome ... highly recommended

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Amazing, highly recommend
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

It did state that the rooms were soundproof but we did hear a lot from the rooms next door to us.

Whole stay was amazing. The rooms and facilities are of very high standard. Breakfast was so tasty. I would highly recommend, very relaxing and romantic stay.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Ruined mini moon
    • One-Bedroom Bungalow

I originally booked the rose cottage and 4 days before I was due to arrive I was told that this wasn't available and we had been given a like for like room. But this wasn't the case there was no kitchen, no seating area, no spa bath. On arrival there looked to be a dumping ground next to our room which wasn't appealing the room was freezing due to a massive gap on the window and the sauna didn't work no matter how we tried to work it following the instructions. The next day we had to travel to the hotel for breakfast where they misplaced our order and waiting 45 mins before the staff made out it was our fault. This was a little mini moon the nihhybafter our wedding and.it was completely ruined.

Mini bar, hot tub nd open fire in bathroom

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Disappointing for the price
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

For the price we paid I would have expected fresh milk in the room not little cartons of UHT milk. Rude manager! And felt rushed out of breakfast in the morning! Too far to walk into Bowness-on-Windermere at night due to the small winding roads.

The room was lovely and clean, and it was great to have Netflix in the room too.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Over priced under value
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

Staff very disconnected from customers. For that price you expect a warm welcome. Couldn't even tell who staff were I couldn't identify a uniform or name badges. No proper food service you need to drive or get a taxi to town. When your paying that much for a room which you can't check into till 3pm you at least expect to nip downstairs for a quick meal so you can get back to your room for all the facilities you pay for. Room and communal area were a lot of wear and tear. Patched up wallpaper and black mouldy grout. Pictures were obviously taken when the place was very first done. It was very noisy there, hallway floorboards are very creaking. We paid for a late checkout and spent the time listening to the very loud cleaners bang around and talk in the next room. Literally could hear everything. For a hotel of that standard you would expect them to be in and out doing their job not disturbing people. I've never even noticed the cleaners in other hotels they are usually like ninjas!

Room smelt very nice and the bed was comfy with clean bedding. Breakfast was okay with quick service. Iron and ironing board in room.

Need more information
    • Suite with Hot Tub

We were not told that everything switches off via a timer at 10.30pm so we went out for food and drinks then chilled before we thought we would wind down and relax in the hot tub in our room, only to find it wouldn’t work and had switched off even the music from our phones would not connect to the tv ! We couldn’t contact anyone as it wasn’t really classed as an emergency as stated in the hand book but neither was the status of the switching off !! I mentioned it to the receptionist in the morning when asked how my stay was only to be told that yes it switches off to not disturb others but we paid for the penthouse which is situated a half mile from the main hotel so I found this quite bizzare

I loved the location and the and the property type the facilities were very stylish and up to date

Great hideaway Oasis
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

The room (Acacia Room) was huge with a massive bathroom and own hot tub. Staff were lovely and very attentive. Breakfast was great and food fresh and lovely. Just enough distance from the town to feel like you’re secluded but only a 15 walk to the heart of Windermere. Highly recommend this property.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Cranleigh Miles more value for money!!!
    • Suite with Hot Tub

Wasnt made aware it was a drive to the retreat from the actual hotel. Didnt find out until after check in that we could get breakfast delivered to our room. Hot tub wasnt working from 10pm - 9am so nearly 12 hours of our stay we couldn't use it. Apparently it should have been although sign says not to use between these times. Cranleighs can be used at any time of the day! We werent asked how our stay was or if we even enjoyed it when checking out. When we mentioned the the hot tub they werent even interested and didnt even really acknowledge it. Said why didnt we report it but it was after 10:30 pm and we were told reception was closed after this and was to only be use for emergencies!! Massive scam as we didnt actually get to use the hot tub

The room was okay nothing special. Cranleigh hideout boutique for the same money is miles more value for money

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Really loved the place and the wife was well pleased👍
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Needs some handing space as the small rail provided could not be used due to fridge on floor taking up space. Maybe the fridge needs to be moved or provide a small hanging rail and/or coat hooks

Loved the place. All the facilities met my expectations and my wife enjoyed her surprise night away. Hot Tub was a highlight and also large screen TV and cinema room.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

The perfect birthday treat!
    • Deluxe Suite

The hot tub had a high chlorine level and so we only used that for about 5 minutes as our eyes began to sting. Our check in and check out time was both really quite late and really early too. I would say this is the only downside to our stay. I felt like it was a lot of money to pay to not be in the hotel for 24 hours at least.

The place is exceptional, I have never stayed anywhere so comfortable and I have never been so amazed by the facilities. It was really expensive for a nights stay, I booked for my partners birthday as a treat. But despite the cost we had such a good time and I think we would like to come back. The breakfast was great, the location was great, it was clean and tidy. The bathroom was the nicest bathroom I have ever been in, we were both wowed by that. It was super cosy, super romantic and just what we needed. Thank you for making it a special trip for us.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

The staff were excellent.
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

Nothing. The whole experience was restful.

The staff were excellent. The room was too. The facilities were clean and very well maintained. I could not recommend enough

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

The room was beautiful, bathroom was amazing.
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

The decoration of the hotel could be better, in the hallway the wallpaper was damaged, which in a hotel like this should’ve been replaced, rather than a patch stuck on it. The door to our room scraped the carpet and opened the wrong way. Pool was cold, steam room was steamy but cold and the sauna wasn’t on.

The room was beautiful, bathroom was amazing. Location was perfect, easy 15 minute walk to Bowness, £3.50 taxi ride back. Breakfast in the morning was good.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Relaxing and very pleasant close to Bownes town
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

First impression was we had arrived at the wrong hotel! The entrance is not grand and stylish like the website conjures the image in your head. A lot of the decor looks done by a shoddy workman. The noise from the fountain in front of the room was very irritating!

The room was exceptional the bathroom was amazing we spent the evening in the tub watching the tv which was lovely and breakfast was really nice! The staff were also lovely.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

We did enjoy our stay but to pay £900 for two nights some things really did let the room down.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Could do with a bigger bed.. more channels to watch on the TV. Bathroom TV to be louder as when the hot tubs on you can not hear or see the TV SPA treatment & alcohol prices need updating

The bathroom / shower

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

The stat nice but I would of expected more for what we paid.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The bed wasn’t very comfy to be honest. The duvet and pillows were a bit weird. Also we kept getting bothered whilst in bed for maintenance to check the hot tub although we hadn’t reported anything wrong.

The hotel in general was nice and in a great location but the room wasn’t as it looked in the photo. In real time it was a lot smaller. The hot tub was great and the TV in the wall was a great touch. The staff were very friendly and happy to help.

Amazing weekend
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

The check out time was a bit of a rush as breakfast didn’t finish until 10.30 and it ruins your stay having to rush to vacate the room. There could’ve been a nice bottle of wine waiting for you on arrival as we’ve had in previous hotels.

The room was amazing and very clean and the hot tub was a nice feature. The location was very good.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Over priced and bit dated for a boutique hotel.
    • Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

Over powering smell of cat wee in the room, had to sleep with windows open. No clean towels, robes, bed not made no clean bins. Very disappointed! Over priced.

Nice location 15 min walk into bowness, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Fabulous staff food spare and pool , room stunning location brilliant
    • Executive Suite with Spa Bath

I didn’t like how my room didn’t have a bath , next time I book definitely want a bath has well has the jacuzzi

Loved the room , clean lots of tea coffee , pool and spa and breakfast 10 out of 10 :))

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

10/10

Couldn’t fault!

From start to finish everything was amazing. Staff are so welcoming and couldn’t be anymore helpful! They even refunded us as I had overpaid, which I never knew which was lovely of them to inform us. The room was stunning and we had the best nights sleep. I would also recommend the full English breakfast, it’s delicious!

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Everything!
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

Room rates a little high but we had a great time & loved the room. Breakfast in bed was a great extra although the black pudding was raw but all the same worth the extra £5 but thought another £30 for late check out for 2 hours on top of the £330 we paid.

Everything!

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Boutique 👌
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

Only a really minor dislike.........Room was a bit on the hot side had to use fan opening Windows didn't really help.

Loved the hot tub with tv in bathroom.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Quiet and chilled but too pricey for what it was
    • Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

Room was lovely but for what it was it was very over priced, £435 for one. Night is steep, stayed in a lot better for a lot less, doubt I’d return

Staff and breakfast were brilliant

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Wonderful retreat for a couple
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

I think the room should have a wooden floor just for hygiene purposes. The hot tub outside needs a permanent light....it kept going off! The breakfast selection needs to be improved.

The overall size and the privacy of the room was amazing. I loved the size of the TV and the steam room. I think the hot tub could also be inside the bathroom....there is a TV with seating area which seems amiss. The breakfast was a little lackluster.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Windermere is lovely, even on a wet day but wouldn't stay at this hotel again.
    • Executive Suite with Spa Bath

Hot tub in an attic room doesn't work even on a mild day. The room should have a jacuzzi bath instead. Gets unbearably hot. Having to walk to a separate site for breakfast was hard work and a little odd. The room was nice but not worth the price.

Bed was really comfortable and the hotel location is lovely.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Brilliant Steph out my partners surprise 26 Thursday I will definitely come again but maybe plan to
    • Deluxe Suite

I did not realise the hotel did not cater for late dinner reservations so we had to go elsewhere however we tried Francines and it was absolute perfection it really exceeded our expectations and topped our stay. There was a 45/50 minute wait for breakfast served the next morning with no real reason why there was such a delay however The waitresses were really pleasant and fantastic and me and my partner didn't mind the wait that much, however by the time we got served our breakfast two of the tables had already got up and left and were complaining to staff at the reception regarding the delay which really put an atmosphere in the room.

The bedroom and bathroom were really clean and spacious the facilities in the bathroom including the spa pool steamroom shower and hot tub were excellent the bed was really comfy too and we enjoyed a great night sleep.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Lovely bathroom with indoor hot tub and tv so you can watch...
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Noisy! Our room overlooked 2 suites gardens and was noisy. No decent restaurant on site and limited breakfast menu

Lovely bathroom with indoor hot tub and tv so you can watch tv whilst relaxing in the hot tub! Room also nice but could be better

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Lovely location and the room was spectacular
    • Suite with Hot Tub

The staff weren’t friendly, we’re having arguments with each other in front of us. Asked for more butter at breakfast and the waitress literally rolled her eyes. The spa was expensive and treatments poor quality. The masseuse was texting with one hand and massaging with the other! No wardrobe or drawers to put away your stuff.

Lovely location and the room was spectacular

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Overall stay okay and comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Poor service from the Spa Having to walk through the bar and restaurant to access the Spa No slippers provided with robe No flannels in bathroom

Comfortable bed and pillows Hot tub

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Enjoyed our stay. Price was a bit high considering there was no dinner available if required.
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

Would have thought the hotel would be able to provide dinner at night instead of just a snack menu. Had to go out every evening for dinner. Room was on 2 levels, consequently the sleeping area was very hot even though a fan was provided. The velum window in the bed room could not remain open for any length of time due to the rain.

Staff very helpful. Good location Leisure facility very clean

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Overall we had a good weekend but don't think we will be returning there again.
    • Suite with Hot Tub

No room service!! Stains on a lot of beds and floors. Nothing in the mini fridge and 1 small brownie 😂 no air conditioning the rooms get way too hot! And the breakfast was average....for a boutique hotel the quality was not there!

The rooms were set out really nice and looked the part! Also the showers and hot tubs were sick especially with all the different lighting everywhere.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

A brilliant, relaxing stay
    • Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

The only thing I would say is I wish it was cheaper so we could visit more.

The bed was really comfy. The hot tub and spar bath were brilliant and really relaxing.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Breakfast was really good.
    • Deluxe Suite

The only downside was when walking into town there was no path and some people were driving like nutters but take nothing away from the hotel

Breakfast was really good. The room lay out was excellent and the bed was really comfortable

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Got given the wrong room, had to come out the hot tub and...
    • One-Bedroom Chalet

Got given the wrong room, had to come out the hot tub and things to change room but staff was really nice and got some free upgrades. Didn’t put us off the overall stay

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

absolutely perfect in everyway
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

a restaurant would have been nice as a romantic retreat we didn't want to leave the hotel so we had to settle for a snack in the room but a 2 or 3 course meal would have been much better as we had travelled all the way from kent that day.

the room was very luxurious and comfortable, we couldn't fault anything about our stay. the breakfast was delicious and my gluten free requirement was catered for very well. as a first night on our honeymoon it was very romantic with the hot tub in the bathroom and the big comfy bed was amazing too. Hoping to stay every year for our wedding anniversary now!

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Lovely place, would recommend.
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

We paid £150 per night and stayed for two nights... and whilst it was ok, for this price, I want staff that are trained and not just pulled off the street so to speak...mainly eastern auto Pena, and I don’t want “yea” and “see ya”... when I’m laying a fair wack of money. The other thing, which is a little bit funny, but also a little gross, some rooms have hot tubs, and s9me other residents were getting over excited in said hot tubs through out the night. Good for them, but I don’t want to listen to other people having sex all night thanks.

Fabulous room, good location too, but a very steep hill back to the hotel from Bowen’s.. taxi was £3.70 so all fine. Room was fa/, so so hot though... even with a fan. We had room 16 which is in the attic, and of course, we have a summer at last. Bathroom was amazing, loved the sunken jacuzzi bath and walk in shower. Molten brown toiletries were a great addition

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Over priced, dated rooms, paying for a nice bathroom and hot tub. Expected more for price.
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

Paying £700 for the privilege of a dirty hot tub, dated equipment, half a glass of warm prosecco when it’s 28 degrees outside, zero ackowldgement of birthday, running out of food for breakfast (did I say when paying £700 for 2 nights!) bugs in the room feature so had to stare all night (stayed in arcia) and not being able to report this as no one asked how the stay was when we left!!!

The grounds of the property are lovely. The location is perfect.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Most beutiful, secluded hotel we’ve been to, cannot fault
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

The room was amazing, it is everything you expect after looking at the pictures. The staff were so welcoming and helpful too and were happy to help us and give us tips on the local area which was very handy. Me and my partner loved our stay and are looking to book another weekend there soon!

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

had an absolutely wonderful time here, the staff were lovely...
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

the only thing that let the hotel down was the fact the pool needs a good clean

had an absolutely wonderful time here, the staff were lovely, the roof was great and the breakfast was lovely too. it was only a 5-10 min walk to bowness. will definitely be staying again.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

stay at a cleaner hotel for the price you are paying
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

The hotel it self is more run down than I expected, with wallpaper patched up on the walls, it could do with a refurb considering how much you pay for a nights stay there is no excuse really. The outdoor hot tub was disgusting the water was dirty it had limescale around the water line and all sorts floating inside. Was very disappointed as we booked a room for us to enjoy the hot tub together and didn't end up using it. I have stayed at much nicer, cleaner properties nearby for a slightly cheaper price. I don't mind paying more but expect the experience reflect the price. Wouldn't stay here again.

The staff were welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Amazing!
    • Deluxe Suite

There was nothing I didn’t like, really couldn’t fault it.

I loved everything about the property. The room was absolutely glorious and the staff were so helpful. It’s such a nice place to spend a special occasion.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Loved it!!
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

When we got to our room and went to check out the hot tub we found there was a scum ring round the edge where the water had been resting and when we turned the jets on muck was floating around in the , we told reception straight away and it was cleaned and sorted straight away too :) the cups and spoons in the room were dirty too, im sure if we had said anything this would have been sorted too. Air Con would be a good thing in this hotel also, it was extremely hot!

I love our room, we stayed in the Bella Suit and it was exactally what we were excpecting.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Nice location, however the accommodation was very small which should be reflected in the price.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The room was too warm, there was a fan but there needs to air conditioning for the price. The cleanliness of the bathroom and balcony was not disgusting The internet did not work throughout our stay therefore even though it advertises Netflix it does work. The tv in the bathroom didn’t work. Very small which should reflect in the price. The pool was very small

The staff were friendly enough. The breakfast was nice and tasty The bedroom deco was lovely

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Was amazing relaxing an staff were great
    • Deluxe Suite

It was so hot no air conditioning but not complaining as it’s not like it’s hot all the time and no restraunt at hotel as we didn’t wanna leave the room we ordered a take away but Everyn else perfect lovely breakfast

Stayed in the love suit its was so nice , perfect for me an my partner had a lovely night

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Amazing.. beautiful ... relaxed .. refreshing
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

The only thing was they didnt serve an evening meal as the breakfast was outstanding i would have loved to have tried an evening meal if they did it as i think it would be the same as breakfast

The room was amazing .. the views beautiful.. had a break away for mine and partners anniversary and would definitely recommend and go back there I would give it 100/100 ... fantastic .. staff was so friendly and such a relaxed and professional atmosphere .. just amazing

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Breakfast were very nice and well presented, bathroom...

Bedroom awkward size and shape , kept bumping head on low ceilings .No 16

Breakfast were very nice and well presented, bathroom excellent and very luxuries.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Amazing little place
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

The room was lovely and had the added hot tub and spa bath which was just what I was looking for! The staff were lovely and helped us with our stay as we didn’t know the area! Will visit again!

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Awesome room, very comfortable!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

The room was absolutely superb! A huge Television with Netflix good to go, a lovely bathroom including a big hot tub. We arrived earlier than expected, however there was not enough staff to cater for us, as everyone was busy cleaning the rooms from the night before. All staff were very pleasant though.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Good location.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Expensive for what it was. Facilities look a lot better on website that in real life. Everything has a surcharge, despite having already paid a fair amount to stay.

Good location. Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Memorable Stay At The Aphrodite’s
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

Can’t fault the place, location around 20 mins walk from Bowness but not a problem and Taxi’s are really cheap. The staff work hard to ensure you get the best out of your stay, and for that I thank you all, very appreciated.

We had a lovely welcoming from the staff that told us everything we needed to know about the facilities, and made us feel very comforting. Our room was spotless and had everything we’d asked for and more, a jacuzzi with a TV, and a big walk in shower, our room TV also had dozens of channels and Netflix. A bottle of prosecco on arrival was a nice touch and our bed was super comfy! We loved our stay here and can’t wait to book again, big thanks to all involved at the Aphrodite’s - you are very professional in what you do.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

The spa is relaxing we loved the hot tubs. Try it for yourself u will not b disappointed
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room

In summer some of the rooms get really warm u can have a fan but it's noisy.

The bed was very comfy this is the second stay here and r planning our trip next year. It's a 20 minute walk into town which we didn't mind at all.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Average
    • Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

Room had no temperature control and was so hot and unpleasant. On day of departure, the room had been rang to ask if we can leave the car park so that our space could be used for delivery, which I found rather rude, baring in mind this was 09:30 and rather early on a morning when you want a lie in.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

first class warmth and comfort, definitely be back.

Guest in room above us decided to have a very noisy Jacuzzi at 5.30 am Sunday morning but this was completely out of the hotels control.

Staff amazing and accommodating, grounds lovely as were the spa facilities. Rooms spotless and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Great break wish I’d booked for longer😃
    • Deluxe Suite with Spa Bath

A little noisy at times from spa pumps I think but pretty bearable I suppose

One excellent experience great staff, my room was clean and a pleasure to be in great spa break 😃

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Gorgeous rooms and the town is a short drive or lovely walk...
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

Lovely breakfast although we did end up getting served later than 2 or 3 couples who entered after us. At a stretch - prices for one night stays are a little too dear.

Gorgeous rooms and the town is a short drive or lovely walk away. Polite staff and great choice for breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Don’t bother at this price !!!!!
    • Deluxe Suite

The tv by my hot tub that has no volume My jacuzzi tv that had only radio channels My large main tv that has zero premium channels The noise and squeaking from rooms around The fact that for one of my two days the hot tub and jacuzzi did not work at all aswell as the other facilities issues

The pool

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Lived in luxury. Wish I had booked a longer stay!
    • Deluxe Suite

Could have been more of a buffet selection at breakfast. Was hoping for some pastries or a wider range of fruit. The sauna and steam room by the pool were a little disappointing, no water in sauna and steam room had an off-putting smell

I loved the facilities in the room. The hot tub, spa bath, and gigantic bed won me over. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere of the hotel was very relaxing.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Quirky but nice hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Suite

Location could have been better and more walkable (recommend looking into neighboring towns)

Quirky, hot tub, very spacious rooms, excellent parking, great breakfast, nice staff

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

• Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

I didn’t like that I couldn’t higher the volume on the TV when on Netflix but could in normal channels

The luxury room I stayed in was gorgeous and perfect size.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

The room was gorgeous and extremely comfortable.
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

I think for the money you pay there could be more touches done rather than the extra charges on top for everything

The room was gorgeous and extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Came to stay for my partners 21st birthday and couldn’t of...
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

No on site returant but plenty nearby

Came to stay for my partners 21st birthday and couldn’t of asked for anything better! The room was amazing and even had a outside hot top which we didn’t even book. Breakfast in bed was beautiful. Nothing bad to say about our stay, will definitely be returning

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Overall satisfied with stay rooms are lovley and comptable but hotel itself small
    • Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

Smoking area was away from main area and owner was a little rude when asking me to put out ciggirette considering there was not one single no smoking sign in site

Room and location

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Staff very friendly and rooms are lovely.
    • Luxury Suite with Hot Tub

Booked a specific room as it was for a mini honeymoon, when we got there we was put in a different room and later found out the original room we had booked was under maintenance for a week even thought we had made the booking almost 4 months prior to our visit. From the room we could hear all the banging and sawing from the room next door from 9am in the morning. They was unable to move us until the next day.

Staff very friendly and rooms are lovely. Pool and spa area are very relaxing.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Such an amazing relaxing time spent! Worth every penny!
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

Amazing spotlessly clean hotel. Rooms to die for! Perfect romantic get away. Gorgeous spa baths in rooms enjoyed with champagne on ice! Staff so attentive. Breakfast simply excellent. Tranquil setting. Short walk in Bowness! Absolutely recommend! Loved it!

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Very good would stay again
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

The spa bath tv didn’t work, told staff about this but they couldn’t send anyone till 30 minutes before checkout so was no point in them coming to our room to try fix it.

Spa is beautiful and relaxing, room was very gorgeous with the mood lighting

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Fantastic!! :-)
    • Superior Suite with Hot Tub - Acacia

There wasn’t one thing I could say I didn’t like :-) :-)

The bed was really comfy, whirlpool bath was amazing! And the hot hub was fantastic. The room looked exactly how the website showed it. Little extra touches were really nice eg. ‘Swans ‘ on the bed, chocolate, fresh water hairdryer etc. breakfast was lovely delivered to our room.

We Price Match