Reviews of Ardenlee Guest House 3 stars

9 Eyre Place, Edinburgh, EH3 5ES, United Kingdom

#132 of 185 B&Bs and Inns in Edinburgh

Ok for a week-end.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The ROOMS. They need some finishing works. TV hanging cables, paintings leaning on the walls is not very welcoming. Furnishings are simple and not comfortable. An extra bathroom would be appreciate in the house

The size of the house and the smiling staff. The centre city is at 20 minutes by walk.

Good location but would not stay again
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms were dirty squeaky bed no cold tap working skirting boards thick with dust bath looks like seen better days Toast was warm bread and breakfast was not the best Didn’t really see much of the staff cannot understand how this guest house has been given an overall 8.0 from booking.com

Sheets were clean on bed

Ardenlee was Great!
    • En Suite Family Room

Lovely hosts! Very accommodating! Great location, a short walk from center of town. Great breakfast with kids of choice. And the cutest 2 dogs ever!!!

Good value for money for central Edinburgh
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It is quite a trek from the station, downhill when you arrive, uphill going back. You can mitigate this by going left and right so you get part on the level or right and left if you are going towards Haymarket. Old town is straight ahead. There is a bus if you can work it out. There were a few odd things about the room. I couldn't seem to be able to close the sash window, but that didn't matter as I like a cool bedroom at night, I was at the back and it was quiet at night. I have little use for TV's or mirrors so the one in front of the other didn't bother me. There was a dress mirror on another wall anyway. I moved the table so that the kettle was near a plug. The toilet had a slow flush so you needed two or three attempts. There was one outside the room which was better which I used for number twos.

It was my birthday (although I don't think they knew that!) so they upgraded me to the en-suite family room. It was at the back with a view over the garden, but nothing distant. Check in was trouble free and everything was clean and worked. To judge from some of the comments, most of them from a year ago, it sounds like it has changed hands, as I don't recognise any of the negative comments made. I do agree with the chorus of commendation about the breakfast. That was one of the main reasons why I booked it so I could have a full breakfast on my birthday. I needed it to fortify me for the walk back uphill to the station with a rucksack and large briefcase. Although I spent more than usual (as it was my birthday!) it is still good value for central Edinburgh. My usual budget is £40 and I would have to have gone to Leith to get that, or a hostel.

Let down by lack of cleanliness.
    • En Suite Family Room

When we checked in we weren't shown to our room. The room could have done with a clean round the bay window and behind the stand alone mirror on the skirting boards. The double bed was rather hard. There are no toiletries in the en suite, not even a bar of soap. The en suite is very small and the shower cubicle on the small side. The TV is positioned in front of the mirror on the dressing table and the kettle is on a table where there is no plug. I had to use the one under the dressing table and position the kettle on the carpet.

The girl who took our breakfast order was very pleasant and attentive. The breakfast was good with plenty of choice.

Really enjoyed staying there.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Really enjoyed staying there. The room was just what I needed and I had a very comfortable nights sleep. I didn't even mind having to go down a level to the bathroom. Breakfast was great!

It was very near theatre, could walk (if familiar with...
    • En Suite Double Room

Just the parking, not familiar with meters but 1.30 Friday till 8.30 Monday just a tenner, (if u stay after 5.30 Friday till 8.30 Monday it's free) Just not familiar with other cities and costs so not a negative as such, and pretty cheap compared to other places for overnight stay (or weekend stay) I was happy bout it (just never paid a meter before!!, lol)

It was very near theatre, could walk (if familiar with edinburgh) private cab down was 6.60 and (funnily enough) black hack flagged back only 4.30 (so very short distance, (prob conned with private cab) no reflection on b&b or location, would defo stay again, room was lovely, (best sleep ever, really firm mattress, soooo good), clean towels, soaps etc, breakfast was great, just enough in full Scottish for 2 hungry people, but plenty choice if lighter brekkie wanted, menu alows a choice and plenty cereal, fruit, cheese and jams if even wanting a buffet, at early hrs, breakfast ran till 10, so no mad rush, staff all lovely, and very relaxed, would definately stay again and fantastic value,

• En Suite Family Room

This was my third time in Edinburgh so I have a little knowledge of expectations... Firstly there is a dog kept at the property. This may or may not be your thing but you as a customer should know about this before your stay. The room was at the top of the building which is on the second floor, the ‘free WiFi’ does not work in this room, it was very old and run down, tv did not work as constantly lost signal, rickety old beds, rotting windows, carpets old and dirty, shower holder broken so you have to actually hold it whilst showering and plug sockets that spark when you plugged something in! I booked this trip for myself, my eldest daughter (19) and my youngest (9) for a half term treat. At £100 per night it is DEFINITELY NOT worth the money and I do not know how the ratings have been so high from my experience. I would NOT recommend to anyone.

The breakfast was really good and the morning staff are lovely and friendly! Otherwise you don’t see any staff day or night. The room was cleaned on the second day which I didn’t expect. One huge bonus is that we were at the back of the property thank god as the main road (which is cobbled) is extremely noisy with cars going over it. Location is great for town as it’s one main road, ten minutes walk (all uphill though). I’m fully aware that I sound like a complete snob and moaning Minnie (which couldn’t be further from the truth) with this review but I’d rather you didn’t spend that sort of money and be embarrassed with your choice as I was!

Just a waste of money. £120 is way too expensive for such an old accommodation.
    • Large En Suite Family Room

Bathroom had very slow draining water. The shower curtain was of improper length and dirty No proper regulation/mixing of Hotwater & cold water Washbasin has 2 taps and difficult to have water at a proper temperature (it will be either too hot or too cold). At the least a tumbler would have helped

The Coffee tray Dressing table Fresh Towels

Absolutely we can recommended ARDENLEE
    • En Suite Family Room

Personal is very friendly, breakfast was amazing- lots of choices, room was clean and comfortable, bathroom need to little bit fix it. Only 20-30 min. To center, another really good things is nearly Italy restaurant and japan restaurant (yes). Absolutely we can recommended ARDENLEE !!! Nice quiet area

Edinburgh as a city is fantastic, just a shame that the room we stayed in let the experience down
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was dirty and untidy, we asked for spare pillows which we didn't receive, no wardrobe and only 2 coathangets to store clothes and beds were never changed. Breakfast was awful one day. Seems like the main owner is not interested in the guests or the standards of the place, only interested in the money.

One of the ladies who work there was very friendly and helped us a lot with finding our way around Edinburgh

Would definitely stay again and refer to others.
    • En Suite Double Room

After staying in many places in my travels...better access to electrical outlets or a clear charging bar would be lovely as I had a few things to charge but not a lot of places to put them to stay visible while charging.

Staff were amazing and the breakfast was full and delicious.

Great place, great location, very quiet at night 😊
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom was on the floor below my room but I was expecting a shared bathroom so couldn't predict that

Cosy little place and a stones throw away from the royal botanical gardens which is a must-see

Vegetarian breakfast was good.

Toilet was too small.

Vegetarian breakfast was good.Also the staff packed lot of things when we could not take breakfast in guesthouse during our day trip.

This is what we have expected for the price we paid for.
    • En Suite Double Room

A better access to the internet service.

The breakfast was ok overall but some days you get more than other days. There’s about 20 mins walk uphill to the centre although you can catch the buses around the corner. The internet service is intermittent. Sometimes you have access to this but not always.

Alistair and Kay were both very pleasant and helpful.
    • En Suite Double Room

녰What did you like? You're off to a good start. Tell us a little more!

Alistair and Kay were both very pleasant and helpful. The accommodation was clean and spacious

Good value for the price and the very pleasant proprietors / managers
    • En Suite Double Room

The floor in the shower en suite was brown with stains of age shoddy and uninviting. A pity as all else appeared clean.

The cooked breakfast and other provisions for breakfast were excellent and Kay was really helpful.

Tired b&b
    • En Suite Double Room

No parking. En_suite VERY small. Toilet did not flush properly. Shower small and did not look clean, we did not use. Woodwork around window falling off.

Near to town Room was big

Pleasant area, helpful staff, good breakfast
    • En Suite Family Room

The toilet/ shower area was very cramped. It was quite an uphill walk into Princes Street.

The room was fine and the breakfast was good. Staff were very helpful. The situation was very good for the Botanical Gardens and we enjoyed a meal at the nearby Cantonese.

I loved the place, nice, cosy, and warm. I was travelling alone and found it perfect for me!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I loved the place, nice, cosy and warm. I was travelling alone and found it perfect for me! The staff were wonderful and the breakfast was a great start to the day! It is on the bottom of the hill though and its a bit of a hike up to the centre. I didn't find it a problem but I guess if you have any injuries/ asthmatic you can take a taxi or bus up. In a good area, nice and quiet and not too far from the night life and centre if you wanted to get a little more rowdy. :P Thank you so much, it was such a shame that I couldn't stay for any longer.

Adequate for our needs
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Toilet spray and brush for shared bathroom. Replacing the bath with a full shower would make bathroom really nice, especially as the bath is quite worn. Cleanliness in terms of mats such as those around bedroom basin.

Good location easy walking distance to royal mile. Good, substantial breakfast. Friendly staff.

The owner and the staff was very friendly.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Provided TV and radio in the room didn't work.

The owner and the staff was very friendly. Good location about 15 min away from the city centre. Nice breakfast

The guest house is located approx 15 min on foot from the...
    • Large En Suite Family Room

The guest house is located approx 15 min on foot from the Center of Edinburgh. Also a bus stops near by, in case one does not want to walk uphill ;-) I had a wonderful stay,the host was very nice, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom clean, the breakfast delicious. It was rather cold in Edinburgh, so the cozy bed was very much welcomed :-)

Kay is a lovely and very helpful host.
    • En Suite Family Room

Kay is a lovely and very helpful host. We had big and comfy room with all needed facilities. Breakfast are very good and huge! It's a calm area but in a walking distance from the city center. We are coming back for sure:)

Was clean but an impersonal touch.
    • Large En Suite Family Room

Didn't really see any staff apart from guy who checked us in who just asked if we wanted a map and time for breakfast, at breakfast no interaction and check out just as impersonal! Would have been nice to get a simple smile! Also offer of Scottish breakfast with no black pudding,tatties scones etc not full Scottish!

Room was clean and tidy.

I've stayed here several times before, and would do so again.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Stairs are a bit of a climb, but that's normal for these Georgian properties, as they're not allowed to install lifts.

Not far from City Centre. Ideal base for a visit.

not much really first of all no parking it cost as a so much...
    • En Suite Family Room

not much really first of all no parking it cost as a so much money every day we should have been told we wanted to cancel our booking we phoned million times and left massages and on e-mail never replied we were very disappointed, the place needs redecoration very old, shower either to hot or to cold not impressed at all never stay there again.

Good location, friendly staff
    • En Suite Family Room

Linens was clean but very old pillows ( you could see stains on it), blankets was very old too, some parts with tears (as you can see in pictures).

Nice and friendly staff, good location, just 15min walk to the town centre, good breakfast.

Breakfast was great, good selection of hot and cold
    • En Suite Family Room

Check in staff was rude, believe from neighbouring B&B, knew nothing about our booking and seemed hard done by. Beds were squeaky No parking nearby (permit on the road outside then pay and display further down. Was £2.40 an hour between 8:30am and 5:30pm)

Breakfast was great, good selection of hot and cold Large spacious room with a modern ensuite

My second stay but not my last stay!

The weather?

The landlady is very friendly and helpful. The house ist not far from Princes Street but very quiet and on walking distance from many sights.

Pretty good
    • En Suite Family Room

You need to be ready that it takes about 20 mins to get the city center by walk and the road goes up, so it makes sense to take a bus.

Very friendly people that are trying to make your staying there be comfortable. Good breakfasts and quiet rooms.

Great except for the breakfast
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Orange juice was just going off - past its best for sure None of the breakfast ingredients were great, just ok.

Location, price, clean, friendly staff.

We had a really enjoyable and relaxing stay at the Ardenlee guest house would definitely recomend it
    • Large En Suite Family Room

The breakfast room is spacious with lots of light but is looking rather tired could do with re decorating. Plus the artificial flowers in the downstairs area are tired and dusty, but I'm not a fan of fake flowers!

Our family room was spacious, the beds were very comfy the shower was good with plenty of space. The room was at the front over looking the main street but it was quiet not a lot of traffic noise. Our bedroom looked as if it had been recently refurbished. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was varied and good. Great location a short walk to a mini supermarket and some lovely independent cafes and galleries.

Pleasant stay, would visit again
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Most of the amenities that are expected were present. It would be good to have toothpaste provided as well. The Wifi did not work very well, and was slow when it did.

The breakfast was great, we enjoyed it. The host was warm and welcoming.

lovely place to stay . b
    • En Suite Double Room

stairs were a bit difficult to manage as I was on top floor but staff helped with my luggage

staff were lovely very friendly. breakfast was great well cooked and fresh

Throughly enjoyed our stay at Ardenlee

Very compact room

The staff at this guest house were very welcoming and helpful. The breakfast was 1st class. The stairs are a challenge elderly or unfit would struggle

Good for location and breakfast, but beds need improving
    • En Suite Double Room

The bed an the pillows were both very hard and uncomfortable which meant that we couldn't sleep well. The bed was also old and creaky so it would wake us up creaking in the night whenever you shifted your weight in your sleep.

The breakfast was good. Cooked breakfast is available in the price.staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was also good with just a 10 minute walk uphill to Princes Street.

Only the location
    • En Suite Family Room

Looked a bit run down and neglected. We were in the basement and it smelled musty, windows did not open at first and curtains were half unhooked from rail. and wifi did not work down below.would not recommend it to my friends

Only the location

Enjoyed our stay very much, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and breakfast excellent.
    • En Suite Double Room

The only problem was the stairs as we are elderly and on the second floor. Maybe a refresh of the decor would be good too.

The staff were friendly, the room adequate and comfortable, the breakfast was varied and plentiful. A good experience overall.

comfortable
    • En Suite Double Room

Half the TV channels didn't work on TV, need to get better signal/stronger box as we spent a lot of time in room at nights due to long days at Fringe.

Location, Staff Friendly and accommodating.

Poor vallue for our money.
    • En Suite Family Room

We were given a room in the basement with no ventilation. Duvet sheets were dirty, washroom was not comfy, water pressure was too low. It was too hot in the room and we couldn't turn off the heating.

Will be going back for sure.

Some of the other patrons were a little loud but that can happen anywhere and it wasn't horrible.

The staff was amazing. Very friendly and accommodating for our party of 8. We stayed for four nights so we really experienced the place. The location was convenient to everything.

Good value for money!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom was moderate clean and very old..

Very Nice location good value for money The lady is very Nice and willingness to help is exceptional! Good breakfast. Nice building and breakfast area is welldecorated

will book it again
    • En Suite Family Room

the wifi was really poor in the room on the 2nd floor.

really nice place, small and cozy with an amazing breakfast! 15min from the city center, is quiet in a green area. 5min from the botanical gardens.

Friendly staff, bad room facilities
    • Large En Suite Family Room

Very poor conditions of the room for the price. Bathroom was dirty. Room was not cleaned when we were away from the room on the second day. Wifi was very poor and often not working.

Great Stay at Ardenlee
    • Large En Suite Family Room

A lot of stairs to bedrooms.

Beds were very comfortable, room was very large and spacious and was clean. Bathroom was small, but very adequate and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Check in was from 2.00 pm, but I arrived early at after 9 .00 am and room was ready.

Not a good experience
    • En Suite Family Room

a. No receipt is provided upon check-out and afterward. No response to customer's request b. The room cleaning is not done properly. The glasses and the cups are not cleaned at all. c. No Wifi signal in the guest room d. A little far from the old town (25-30 min. walking on a long slop) e. Limited choices of restaurants around the hotel

The staffs are friendly. The English Breakfast is good.

Not a good experience
    • En Suite Family Room

a. No receipt is provided upon check-out and after. not responding to customer's request. b. The room cleaning is not done properly. Glasses and cups are not cleaned at all. c. No Wifi signal in the guest room d. Quite far from the old town (25-30 minutes walking in a long slop) e. Limited choices of restaurants nearby the hotel

The staffs are friendly. English breakfast is good.

Convenient place to stay in Edinburgh
    • En Suite Double Room

No Wi-Fi in rooms, some mould in the showers, steeps stairs to room (but thats seems 'normal' for Edinburgh

Friendly helpful staff, nice if slightly cramped room, good towels, good cooked breakfast

The cooked breakfast and dining room was lovely.
    • En Suite Double Room

Small room, bathroom a bit shabby, overpriced

The cooked breakfast and dining room was lovely. The room was ok and the bed comfortable. Bathroom would benefit from a few simple repairs, hook on door was falling off, also lock on door.

We loved the guest house the owners were brilliant would recomed it to every one
    • En Suite Double Room

Being put in a single room thats why we had to stay in the Ainslee the room was massive a big top 10

The breakfast wea good and the room wes lovely the staff were lovely

The staff was so kind and helpful.
    • En Suite Family Room

There was a internet connection problem. It was very slow.

The staff was so kind and helpful. Breakfast and the room were the best. Looking forward to visit again.

Great place to stay
    • En Suite Family Room

The bathroom was a little small but enough for what u needed

The rooms we're nice and clean and had drink fecilites. The breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice and the location was great

Exactly what I was looking for.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Better choice for vegetarian breakfast, e.g., veggie sausages, rather than the standard breakfast with the meaty bits removed.

Old-fashioned with some character. Does 'what it says on the tin'. Perfect for the solo traveller who just needs a bed for the night and somebody to say 'good morning'; I was out on my feet all day. The location was fab - right by the bus stop - and staff (and dog) most welcoming.

City centre about 5-8 minutes walk.
    • En Suite Family Room

There is no elevator. Last day we asked for help to get a taxi to the airport, we were promised one but it never came.

City centre about 5-8 minutes walk. Friendly and helpful staff, organised a room best suitable for our needs on arrival. Breakfast plentyful.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Pretty easy to reach, everything was in walking distance.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathroom is on a different floor, some elements of the room and the house show quite a bit of wear. Wi-Fi did work on the ground and first floor, but was very spotty on the second floor.

Pretty easy to reach, everything was in walking distance. Very friendly staff: I had to arrange late check-in and early check-out via phone, but everything worked out great. Good breakfast. The shared bathroom was clean (and always free when needed).

This place is in need of a good clean room was filthy shower...
    • En Suite Double Room

This place is in need of a good clean room was filthy shower was dire and dirty stayed 2 nights room wasn't serviced breakfast was cold and sausage burnt so didn't bother with breakfast 2nd morning how it can be awarded 3 stars I'll never know

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Excellent hotel marred only by the most squeaky beds in the world.
    • Large En Suite Family Room

again, the beds were far too squeaky. so bad that we did not manage to sleep. could not turn in bed without waking each other up.shame as otherwise perfect.

The beds were comfy but super squeaky. could not move or it squeaked. kept each other awake all night

Fine for a night.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I never managed to connect to the wifi, but as I was only staying a night it didn't matter too much. I would have liked the option of plain yogourt at breakfast (the "selection" consisted of strawberry flavour only!).

The location was Ok, not ideal for my needs, but that was my own mistake: I should have had a better look at the map. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The shared bath was clean (and free whenever I needed it). Breakfast was decenté

Very Mis-managed Guest House
    • Large En Suite Family Room

When we first arrived at the property no one was there to answer the door. We had to ask help from a neighbor to get hold of the staff even though we sent our schedule to the property ahead of time. This property has no air conditioner or fan. The first room we were in was not very clean, hot and noisy. What made it worse was there were no soap in the room. When we moved to the second room which was quieter and cleaner but no sheet on the bed, no bath mat for the shower, and missing a light bulb on one of the lamps. Although staffs are friendly we found this guest house very unorganized and mis-managed.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Perfect stay for a couple of nights
    • En Suite Double Room

My husband was annoyed that we were not able to open the window (but I think is related to it having an old mechanism, we could have asked for help but didn't). Obviously, this was originally a home, not a hotel, so the en suite bathroom is not the most espacious or luxurious. Still, everything was clean and worked, which for me is more important.

The staff was lovely and super helpful, the house is located in a nice quiet area just 15 - 20 minutes walking distance from the Airport Bus terminal and train station in the centre. (I love walking, so for me that distance is reasonable. ;) There are several bus stops nearby as well) The breakfast was very good, too. I appreciate (and loved) the classic architecture and the character of the property.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Uncomfortable overnight stay.
    • En Suite Family Room

Really hard mattress. Although the pillow cases were fresh, the pillows were old and dirty. The duvet cover didn't seem clean, neither didn't smell freshly changed for my arrival. The place really needs a good cleaning team to reach all the expected corners for costumers' comfort.

Bright breakfast room with a good selection for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Lovely staff but a bit dusty.
    • En Suite Double Room

It could have been cleaner. There was a cake takeaway box and chocolate wrapper on the floor behind the bedside table which I only discovered because I used the electrical socket beside the bed but still. A good dust and clean wouldn't go amiss but the overall facilities, like clean towels, bedding, bed comfort etc were fine. Didn't feel it was worth £100 though although breakfast was nice and included in the price.

The staff, especially the woman on duty at breakfast was lovely. Easy to get to and very near where I needed to be. Lovely bakery/cafe nearby called the Cuckoo Café which is definitely worth a visit.

Nice weekend in Edinburgh
    • En Suite Double Room

- The quality of the bathroom could be better. - The breakfast is only from 7.30 to 9 am, quite early.

- Very nice cosy room. - Not luxurious, but you don't expect this when you go in a Guest House. - Relatively clean and well-located. - Overall an excellent value for money.

Lots of pros and cons.
    • En Suite Double Room

One of the staff were very rude and unwelcoming, bathroom was too small and parts of the shower were broken. No free parking!

Very close to princes street, most of the staff were polite and friendly, would recommend for short weekends but no longer.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Perfect guest house in Edinburgh

Only booked this property half an hour before arrival. The rooms were great and staff incredibly friendly. Breakfast was also excellent. One of the best stays I've had anywhere, sadly it was only for 1 night but I'd definitely return.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Very friendly staff
    • En Suite Family Room

when we arrived the door was locked and it was the 3rd number on the door (belonging to the next door guesthouse) before we got an answer.

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Bad stay!! Rude staff .. never coming back !!!
    • En Suite Family Room

The staff was rude and biased to Indians. On one hand I see the owner talking to other guest so nicely and on the other hand she was rude and not at all friendly and warm with us. Not at all helpful and i absolutely don't recommend this place to anyone. Also there is no consistency in service. The owner made us feel like it's a favour on us if we r being served .Very bad experience..the Internet also was weak also nd I literally had to sit on the stairs if I had to receive a call.when asked we were told nothing can be done. This is definite that we r never going back to this place.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Cosy weekend stay
    • Large En Suite Family Room

Bathroom could use a proper upgrade.

Very cosy room with kettle and tea making facilities. The owners were very friendly, we were allowed to have (a take-away) dinner in the breakfast room while our baby slept in our room upstairs. It also wasn't a problem for us to use the microwave to warm up his bottle either. Small stuff which is important for a young family :)

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Beautiful personal feel with friendly welcoming staff
    • En Suite Double Room

Being on the top floor after beers, not the easiest of stairs to negotiate whilst under the influence of alcohol

At first I thought maybe a little dated, but realised very quickly to modernise such an old building would be an insult, it was full of character and so were the staff. We came down on Monday at 10am unawares that breakfast finished earlier, we only found after we had finished. They apologised if it had taken longer as everything had be cleaned and put away, my husband and I were so grateful, not so sure a bigger chain of hotel would have given such a personal touch. We asked for our radiator to be looked at as it was a little nippy, 5 mins later someone was there to fix it and a reduction on our already very inexpensive bill for being cold, which I explained was completely unnecessary as we was hardly in the room the day before. I have already told friends and family about Ardenlee, it is a lovely little guest house, with really friendly staff and we will definitely be returning.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

for one night is OK but not more.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There's no facilities like the wi fi in the rooms .the bathroom is in the different floor .so it's far from the rooms.

I like the location.and really the staff is helpful. The breakfast is nice.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Not worth the price!.
    • En Suite Double Room

During the check in we had to ring the bell and call multiple time without an answer. The room was cold, there were not soap and shampoo/body wash. Limited breakfast choice.

Clean, comfortable bed, good location and breakfast included

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

We enjoyed a 3day/2night break in Edinburgh to enjoy the city.
    • Large En Suite Family Room

Nothing !Great value for money!

We were accommodated in the "Ailsa" next door very kindly by the Manageress as I had made an error in my booking kindly for no extra cost! My son and I both liked the big open room overlooking the street which was warm and cosy with thick curtains.,beds were comfy with very clean linen.En suite bathroom and shower fit for purpose too. Friendly staff and a lovely breakfast large enough to set you up for the morning was great;cutlery was clean as was the dining room.Fresh fruit available too anytime,what more could anyone ask for? Bus route a minute away from the door to Princess St (no23/24) or walk it if you enjoy walking 10minute max. We will return if possible in the future.Great!

Edinburgh weekend away.. Oct 16.
    • En Suite Double Room

Nothing to complain about really, bed was noisy!!

Great staff from the welcome to the breakfasts and the requests we made at certain times. Nothing too much for them. Good distance from Centre but a lot of local things to see and go too.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

For the price, a very good place to stay.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Furniture in room a little shabby.

Room was clean. I liked the biscuit & hot chocolate in room. Breakfast (food, staff & table) were excellent value for money.

Browse Ardenlee Guest House traveller photo gallery