Reviews of Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - Bath Road 4 stars

The Grove, Bath Road, Heathrow, UB7 0DG, United Kingdom

#8 of 26 hotels in Heathrow

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Total disappointment! It never come to my mind that such a prestigious hotel will cheat their customer. We booked a room with King Size bed but they gave us a small corner room with a Queen size bed on the corner of the walls, the air conditioner was broken and the windows could not be opened. They told us that they have no other rooms as the hotel was fully booked and gave us a small table fan. We were furious and insisted that we could not and would not stay in such room. Finally, they gave us a larger room with a King Size bed and on checking my booking, it was exactly the room that we have paid for. It was really ridiculous! I would never book this hotel again!

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Shuttle bus from terminal 3 was almost a 30 minute wait. £5 each way. Taxi is £12!

Food was awesome and good value. Check in was quick. Staff were great. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room was a good size.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Nothing at all. It was a great stay

The breakfast was great - the service was amazing. When I got there I had been travelling for a long time and it was late. I was assured my PA had paid for the booking but booking.com hadn't made the payment and I didn't have the business card with me. The reception staff observed that I was tired and stressed and sympathised with me, I was upgraded to a premium room and given a complementary drinks voucher which absolutely cheered me up. It made my short stay wonderful - they exceeded my expectations and helped start a long business trip that much better. Would definately stay here again

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Above expectations for the price, never had a bad experience in a Hyatt hotel but was the first time in an Airport one. Was a good location for an early flight from T5. WIFI good.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The friendly staff when checking in and out. The complimentary voucher for drinks on arrival was great after spending the day driving. Found the bed and pillows comfortable. Would definately stay again and recommend.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Rather mean with the in room coffee allowance, just one sachet per person caffeinated.

Comfortable and convenient for Heathrow with very efficient sound proofing so no airport noise.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

No room in the drop off zone for luggage drop off and no lift from the parking area beneath the building to reception .

Great location as we were returning a rental car and flying out from Heathrow Airport the following day. Room was very comfortable and well insulated from the noise of regular plane arrivals and departures.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Bar was expensive - £11.50 for two pints of beer. The take away snack cafe had a poor selection too.

Excellent location for Heathrow. Uber to T5 £7.20. Black cab cost £15 for the same journey. Bed was very comfortable, crisp cool bedding made for a good nights sleep. Good shower too with plenty of hot water. Room service was prompt and reasonably priced.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

It's a fine place to sleep, but there's not much to do: A meh hotel restaurant, the bar is tiny, and the in-room coffee is instant.

This is super convenient to Heathrow

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Expensive, Booking.com quoted in AUD but was charged in GBP and the difference was massive due to Booking.com using a fanciful exchange rate.

Friendly check in process.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The bar food was very ordinary, arrived ad hoc and could be very much improved considering this is a Hyatt hotel. Prosecco was flat so had to be returned. The food in the dining room was excellent.

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

Hotel needs to train their staff about transport options to hotel from Heathrow airport. We rang hotel beforehand and were advised by hotel reception staff to take the bus as taxis were very expensive. We were advised that there were 2 buses that drove past the hotel and a Hopper Bus that would drop us at the hotel door for £5 each. After waiting 30mins for bus, we phoned hotel who again provided the same bus info. We waited another 15mins, there was no Hopper Bus and no sign of the other bus numbers given either. After waiting with a group of others for around 50mins, we ended up catching a cab (£16) and the cab driver advised that one half of the tunnel is closed every night at approx 10-10:30pm and therefore buses cannot get through. The cab got us to hotel in 10mins. Hotel staff should be fully trained on transport options and approximate prices and advise guests to catch cab after 10pm.

Room was clean and adequate. Beds were super comfortable for our short overnight stay.

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

I thought the check-in process was very tedious and found the reception staff to be particularly unhelpful when I asked for help when wishing to pay for for the parking in advance as I was leaving very early the next morning. The receptionist just fobbed me off and started making statements that I would have to wait quite a while as he would need to go to the office to print the ticket off and couldn't guarantee how long he would be etc. In the end, I just said that I would pay the fee in the morning, but after a long journey to the hotel, this was the last thing I needed, someone being very unhelpful. I also thought paying £12.00 to park when you are a hotel guest is unacceptable. I can understand if you have booked a park & fly package, but for the general hotel guest I don't understand why there is a charge. It is too expensive especially when there are no other onsite parking options. The room itself was quite small and at times felt claustrophobic as there was nowhere to sit. The air conditioning wasn't effective either. I expected more from a Hyatt to be honest and wish I had stayed somewhere else.

I thought the food in the restaurant was good, although we did wait quite a long time for it to be served. The price of the food wasn't too bad either considering it is at a hotel very close to the airport. The restaurant itself was quite stylish and the waiting staff very friendly and helpful. The location to Heathrow Airport is excellent and is only a five minute drive to the car parks and terminals.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

There was nothing not to like! We loved everything.

What a gem! The room was incredible and had ample underfround parking. For a mere £25 we got an upgrade to a room at the back of the hotel which was so quiet one could hear a pin drop. One also looked out over green beautiful grass and trees. The room was beautifully decorated, the bathtub cum shower a delight and the room quite large and spacious. This was a haven in a concrete jungle. To add to our comfort our rental car drop off was half a mile away and we took the car there without our luggage, and walked back to take a taxi to our terminal. This hotel was by far the superior hotel in which we stayed on our entire trip and we stayed in four. The breakfast was scrumptious ( included in the upgrade) and the parking exemplary (included in the upgrade. The staff was extremely helpful, polite and cheerful. A very memorable stay and anybody who travels via Heathrow is missing out if they do not spend the night before their flight there. We received 5 star treatment in every respect. Even the understated beautiful decoration of the room gave it a wonderful ambience.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The restaurant. The food is not good at all, very limited and the service bad. Except for a young lady from Moldova, she was wonderful, the experience was not good. This was our 2nd time there, and we might not return because of the food selection and quality.

The check in staff was wonderful. She is pregnant with twins, I don't recall her name The room was comfortable and very clean and tidy. The bed very comfortable.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

We loved our stay. The room was so quiet with a great bed and all we needed. Had a lovely light dinner and drink in the bar. Reception arranged a taxi to the airport for us

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

We only stayed one night but would have been happy to stay longer if necessary as the room was very comfortable. There was plenty of room, soft bed linen and comfortable pillows and coffee/tea making facilities. Very friendly check in on reception. A welcome drink voucher was given for use at the bar. We ate bar snacks within the bar area rather than using the restaurant and they were fine. The hotel is in a good location just a short ride away from Heathrow Airport and perfect for a stay before your flight.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Nothing whatsoever to complain about. Everything about Hyatt place either met or exceeded my expectations.

Staff excellent. Food good. More character than most 'corporate' hotels.

• View 1 King Bed Guestroom, No Sofabed

Check in line is always long - flights landing at same times I guess . Not enough agents on check in desk

Great for an overnight stay before flying out internationally . Have stayed multiple times . Rooms have been upgraded & are immaculate . Breakfast is first class ! Really good value .

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

I stayed at this hotel to catch my early flight- however I think it's better to spend a little more money and book a hotel nearer to the airport! I didn't safe time by staying here and still had to get up early to get to the airport!

Horel in general was fine.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

No plain natural yoghurt for breakfast, served myself cottage cheese instead by mistake!! Noticed just in time:))

Free bus to and from LHR Very clean Beds and pillows were absolutely wonderful Great staff

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The bed and bedding was PERFECT Great to be able to get a pizza made at 11.30 pm Bar MAN very attentive:) Only 1 thing NEGITIVE. Perhaps a bottle of water in the bedroom. Otherwise great👍

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Our air conditioning and refrigerator didn't work. Staff tried to fix. After a couple of hours trying to cool the room we were moved. We are used to having a free airport shuttle provided by the hotel, here we had to pay. Also used to breakfast included with stay...here no. No compensation at all for problems with room and AC. Second room was a long distance from the first. No cart was brought to move our luggage/help move...we had been traveling for 6 weeks so had 4 suitcases and carry luggage. We were glad our stay was only one night.

Close to the airport for flight. Clean rooms.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

This is a well located and easy to get to hotel. Great staff and loved the bar/breakfast area where you can pick up a snack to go. Comfortable beds and even though across from the airport - not a sound. Loved my stay here and will be back next time I transfer through Heathrow. Thanks.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The bed was so comfortable that I wanted to take it home with me! The room was very clean and welcoming after a long day of exploring. I'd go back!

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

No shuttle, advice about public bus made no mention of overfull bus that refused us entry, at 5.20 am, thus risk of missing flight, until lucky to get ( expensive ) taxi ride

Convenient to Heathrow T5 best feature,

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

The glass of burgundy was a bit rough.

Clean, friendly and helpful staff, good food in restaurant (not too pricey for Heathrow), nice bar, nice room, good value given location, free bus to airport running every 10-15 minutes.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

First time I stayed here for a training course. The room was very clean and modern with a large comfy bed and a beautiful view of the runway and its very quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful. I will definitely recommend the hotel and I’ll be coming back for sure

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

sThe Hyatt's surprise request upon checking in for £30 "for any extras and potential 'incidents'" has to be a policy designed to increase their shares and market value. This would be returned on check out if unspent or the remaining balance settled as appropriate. Still, a nice bump in the company revenue considering all the individuals passing through Hyatt hotels - all at the expense of the balance of their guests' personal or business accounts. Expensive hotel shuttle to airport. Free bus across the road. No brainer.

The quality of food in the restaurant was of a very good standard and the service, if a little over attentive, was good.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Staff was disinterested. Restaurant only so-so. Transportation hotel arranges to Heathrow is overpriced.

Close to Heathrow, room modern, clean & well-equipped.

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

Transport to airport could be better. If you need to go to terminal 4 add 17.50 for taxi

Nice modern clean room with very comfortable bed. Within walking distance of rental car drop off site.(Europe car/ hertz etc)

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Just an all round lovely stay. The purpose of my stay was functional as my eldest daughter was flying in from Australia early to following morning, but I genuinely felt the hotel was fab! In fact, I've rebooted for my daughter's outgoing journey!

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Beer from bar was a flat

Rooms were quiet & beds comfortable which is all you need really for a pre flight stop over. Bus to Terminal 5 is easy & free from the other side of the street

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Great place to stay coming from or going to Heathrow airport, has everything you need. Good connections with each terminal and rental car companies.

• View 1 King Bed Guestroom, No Sofabed

The hotel was very hot (especially the lifts) and the air con didn't seem able to cope with a warmer than average English early summer day,

The entrance lobby is nothing exceptional but the staff are above average and well trained and the quality of the food especially is extremely good. We've had dinner there, we've had breakfast there, and we've ordered room service - and all have been very good. The rooms are comfortable and well-equipped and the beds are excellent.

Nothing it was great!

Well positioned hotel for the free bus which circulates all the Heathrow terminals. Also if you need to drop a hire car back the night before as we did, it was walkable back to the hotel afterwards. Lovely breakfast, comfortable bed and room. Will definitely stay again.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

N/A. Did not make it to the fitness center.

The staff were very attentive, the hotel was beautiful and convenient for what we wanted to do in London and vicinity.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Thanks to all the reviewers who praised the free bus to the hotel but failed to mention that it is a public bus with rude drivers, no luggage storage or assistance and the road crossing is not easy if you have any difficulty walking. There is also no luggage help with the hotel shuttle £5. If you have any disability I recommend a taxi It's a ripoff at £12 but easier.

Very comfortable bed

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Bathroom was a bit outdated and could have done with an upgrade, but it was clean. Car parking was cramped and expensive, but I guess par for the course as the hotel is at the airport.

Room was comfortable and as expected for a business hotel. Staff are competent and professional. Got a welcome drink on arrival, which was a nice touch.

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

Had to pay full Buffer price £16 so I could have a cheese omelette at breakfast. Would like a menu choice not just Buffet as I don’t eat much so feels expensive. Buffet seemed good value & lots of choice for those who eat more. More vegan choice in bar & restaurant. My daughter is vegan, I’m veggie, as veganism is a massively growing niche up 6000% in a year, hotels need to jump on board to gain competitive advantage over other chains.

Perfect for overnights at Heathrow airport. Easy to connect. Comfy, clean, good WiFi & TV channel choice

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Stayed on the night of the Champions League final and the hotel did not have BT Sports. Expect Sky and BT Sports in 4* hotels these days

Good atmosphere. Bar was busy & vibrant and atmosphere felt good for a relaxed evening. Good big bed. Slept very well.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Room had previously had a smoker. I called the front desk to let them know that I had not smoked but that I didn't need to change rooms. There was a very definite odor in the room.

Very helpful staff

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

If you're looking for somewhere to stay to SEE London, this is NOT the hotel for you. This is a great airport hotel if you want to get off the plane and go to bed, or roll out of bed and on to the plane!

We just wanted a night near the airport before our flight home to Australia, so this hotel was perfect for that. If you've got a morning flight and don't fancy negotiating the train, or an expensive taxi from London, then this is perfect. It was a short taxi ride to the Terminal (we used Uber), breakfast was sufficient enough to keep us going while we were checking in for the flight, and the beds were super comfy, so we felt well rested before the journey.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

2nd coffee machine still broken so long lines at breakfast. Stay away from the annexe rooms if you have a lot of luggage, hard to find and poor signage. Wish there were healthier options on bar food menu.

I love the consistency of staying here, rooms are always super comfortable and clean, no such thing as a bad room. Breakfast is very good as are the staff.

No issues

Room was extremely quiet which was a bonus when catching up on sleep after a long flight : Couldn’t hear anything from nearby airport apparently because of triple glazing. Comfortable bed.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Poor attitude of staff, insisted on duplicate payment despite proof room had been paid for through Booking.com and at a higher rate than advertised. Also was curt to other customer when demanding a deposit on their credit card prior to charging food to their room.

Lounge was comfortable, 24hr reception desk

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Some of the front desk were helpful and others not. One gave me the wrong info on the airport shuttle but another gentleman called for me to make sure it was coming

Bed was very comfortable and room was very quiet. Lots of choices at the breakfast. Good size room. I also like the snack shop where I could buy a late night sandwich to take to my room after a long travel day Restaurant staff were helpful and lots of good breakfast choices.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

If Hoppa buses are in front of hotel, hard to quickly park for quick check in. Bit tight, so need to keep an eye for them.

Location, room was excellent. Can catch free bus to terminal 3 right in front of hotel. Awesome indian food within walking distance. Restaurants within walking distance. Also car rentals across the street. We check in, drop off our luggage, drop off the car and walk back to hotel. Pub near by as well. Made for an easy stress free morning departure. Would stay again.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Breakfast; eggs were dry and most cooked items were only luke warm. Only one coffee machine was working so it took for ever to get a cup.

Staff were very friendly and the location is great for Heathrow area

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

In restaurant we don't like food what we expected. according to the 4 star hotel they must serve delicious food

beautiful place well decorate

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Felt like the staff were very much under pressure, more staff required at reception and in the bar area?

Great location, comfortable beds, varied menu with some vegetarian choice.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Annexe building rooms Our AC was not working it was extremly hot. First they proposed a fan! But I declined and demanded a room change which they did. The staff was very responsive

Location Breakfast Staff

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Did not enjoy the restaurant

It was very clean and felt like home away from home. The breakfast was good but the evening meals offered in restaurant were below par and very expensive!

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

Limited choice of food options within the hotel. And nothing of note close by like a supermarket or similar.

Comfortable and clean. And close to airport which is the point really.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Not much things to do nearby by walk. But, 15mins drive to get to Windsor.

Clean room with comfortable beds. Very good breakfast offered downstairs. Shuttle available to get easily from the airport.

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

I just looked for a place close to the airport - which was indeed the case - because we arrived late at night and had to continue our trip early the next morning. The staff at reception did much more than just checking us in - they really took care of our concerns, gave very helpful suggestions and helped with a very quick and efficient checkout the next morning (even remembering us although there had been a huge flock of people checking in the night before...) Most surprising was that there still was quite some action at the bar when we arrived - plus a very attentive and helpful bartender who remained friendly in face of dozens of people flooding the bar with lat night dinner requests. Definite recommendation!!!

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

Food delivered as part of room service very poor quality - bread stale and wedges luke warm. Inedible.

Nice staff, comfortable and good location for airport.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Shower took a while to drain, but not a major issue - acceptable for UK plumbing.

Canceled flight and had to find accommodations for the night. Conveniently close to Heathrow. Last minute checkin was a breeze and even got a complementary drink. Shuttle from Hotel to Airport pulls up at the front entrance every 20min - extremely convenient.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Bar prices a little expensive but hey it’s Heathrow.

Perfect hotel for Heathrow. Quiet, comfortable and easy access to hire car drop off (Europcar). Free bus to terminal.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The bathtub took ages to drain but we didn't mind.

The bed is so amazingly comfortable, it made for a beautiful nights sleep. TV is good, easy to operate and so big. The room is very spacious, which came in very handy for us as we had to purchase extra luggage. The bathroom was great too, very spacious and the shower was great. Had a soak in the tub too, very relaxing. Ordered room service, I highly recommend the Portobello mushroom burger followed by a slice of strawberry cheesecake - just heavenly and lined our stomachs perfectly for the night. The staff were wonderful, providing all the necessary information we asked of them and how we get free transfers to and from Terminal 2. I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be coming back.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Hotel was nice but I expected something more. It is located near the airport but coming there by bus takes 25 min. I had to wait quite long in the reception for check in and staff was not professional at all. While waiting 20 min for boiled eggs at the breakfast personnel started vacuuming the floor.

Bed was amazing- very comfortable, room was big and clean. Welcome drink was nice.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Evening meal in the gallery restaurant. Fish and chips was expensive, the batter was thick and oil soaked. Disappointing to say the least.

Location & clean and comfortable room

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The only thing i can think of is that the prices for food were a bit expensive (at the bar) however I had breakfast included and there was so much to choose from.

Staff were great throughout the hotel, the fitness centre was bigger than expected and had plenty of equipment, the bed was very comfortable and the room in general was quiet. The customer service was excellent too, every member of staff was lovely.

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

No facilities around the hotel can be done by walk.

Excellent location for a night near the airport. Could mAke it easily for a 15 minutes ride to visit Eton and having lunch in Windsor

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Hyatt place are supposed to be "connected" hotels. The WiFi was slow. The main problem though was that I had left behind my UK adapter and was amazed that neither the hotel front desk nor business center had a spare one to lend or sell. The front desk had some adapters, but these were for UK to eg us, probably left behind by guests. This was in the evening. Asked if there was another location close by were an adapter might be purchased told no, only to find upon leaving that there was a gas station nearby were they were sold. Disappointment should be considered by others in the light of my frustration of not being able to use my computer for work (and pleasure).

Accommodations were up to expectations. Was chosen "guest of the day" and upgraded, so cannot inform how original room would have borne out.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Bit if a drag into central London but great for the airport

Exceptional team who went so far to ensure that the last night of our honeymoon was fun. Great room and very comfy bed.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The staff were very polite. Amazing stay, very comfortable bed. After a very stressful long day, I slept like a baby. Amazing view, despite its right next to the airport, it was not noisy at all. I loved the bedroom settings, I’ll definitely book again. Thank you!

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

The room needed more maintenance. The drain in the bathroom sink was partially clogged. And the hair drier did not work and had to be replaced with a new one.

The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. I liked the fact that I could make tea or coffee in the room.

• Guestroom 2 Twin Beds, No Sofabed

Great location, can get free bus from Central bus stop stops outside the door and a great Indian restaurant a few minutes away. Will definitely stay here again.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Front Desk staff, not so friendly and very slow checkout, this area needs huge improvements

Breakfast Selection was very good, wide and varied and spacious dining area very well lit and inviting. Breakfast staff polite generally. Rooms average size though nice and clean, bathroom average and could be modernised.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

Upon check in my card and my partners card was both charged . When we wanted to check out the hotel made us pay again ! Staff that checked us in were not qualified or professional ! The hotel neevr Changed our bedding and we were there for four days ! Worst hotel ever !

Nothing was good about the property.

Nothing, all perfect.

The staff were amazing, helpful, friendly and funny. Felt like nothing was an issue to them and anything we required, such as drinks to the room, was handled quickly. Amazing. Some of the best staff I have encountered.

Nothing, all perfect.

• Guestroom 1 King Bed, No Sofabed

I was very happy with this hotel as it met my requirements exactly. It was easy (and free!) to get to by public transport from Terminal 3, with the bus stop being right outside. Breakfast was great, and I thought good value for money, and the room was clean, spacious, modern and had everything I needed - lovely comfy kingsize bed, quality toiletries, tea & coffee, fridge, iron.