Reviews of Ascot Hyde Park Hotel 3 stars

5.3

5.7

5.7

5.5

the elevator didn't work and I had to bring my baggage down 5 floors and no help from the staff. bath was broken and the bed was very uncomfortable . room was extremely small and the view was terrible.

My stay started by witnessing a heated argument between a guest and the manager, which isn’t usually a good sign. The hotel was very dated and dingy, the rooms are small and while renovated, are shoddily done.

About the one positive thing I could say is that almost across the street from Paddington station.

• Quadruple Room

the room too small the bed was so old the pillow so bad (thin) bathing room drain very slow maybe sometime flooded ...when we drop the luggage in ladt day the ascot force me to pay 1 pound per luggage not the same that booking.com told me that 5 pound per room

the location cause it near the paddington station

Staff was unable to answer many of our questions. The elevator was out of order for the whole duration of our stay. We were on the 5th floor, I am 6 months pregnant and it was not easy to go to and from the room. The coffee cups had stains on them and there was dust everywhere.

The bed was comfortable and the towels were clean.

The hotel lift stopped working after 1 day and you were forced to navigate the maze of stairs to our room. Of which ours was on the 4th floor. The gentleman behind the reception had the wort customer service I have ever come across and his attitude was abysmal. The fire alarm went off when we first arrived and it took myself and my partner 10 minutes to navigate the stairs out with the directional advice on the door proving worthless. There were a lot of bugs in the room after we noticed we were being bitten alot and the overall common interior of the hotel was in need of a good clean. Found his impression off putting so didn't even bother attempting the breakfast. With no lift in the hotel for 3 days which I found disgraceful, you were forced to climb narrow stairs (of which would have been impossible for a disabled person) as is expected in a building of his age (narrow). I would sooner eat my own foot than stay here again agenda I have stayed in some dives but the attitude and confrontational nature of the bald man that parked behind the front desk means he had agendttitude very lucky escape that he was behind a desk.

The room was comfortable and modern. On the small side but was adequate for the pair of us with a nice bathroom.

The lift was not working so I had to climb the stairs up to my fifth floor room - difficult as I need a walking aid. Bathroom was disappointing as there was no shower screen/curtain. Curtains were not attached all the way across.

The carpet was dirty. The window in my room was broken, was I could not lock it all night. The radiator protector is almost off the wall, creating hazard. The breakfast: Not full English breakfast as it says- cold bake beans, mixture of cold and warm bacon. Very cheap bread, hash brown potatoes delivered late, and two female staff members , visibly seen, helping themselves to bread and bacon on two helpings and not responding to guest needs. If you must stay there because of its location, get your breakfast at the Italian restaurant next door, it’s £3.00 offer and you have bacon, egg, sausage, bake beans, tomatoes and toast. Also very weak WiFi.

The used condom found under the bedside table. The broken dipped wobbly bed. The staff smoking on fire exit with our window open about 2 foot away looking into our room. The broken shower screen and shower head.

• Quadruple Room

When we arrived the bed was covered in lots of hairs. When I spoke to the guy on reception he was nice enough and changed our room but when we went back to the room to collect our things the cleaner was there and was quite rude. She was brushing the hairs on to the floor and saying that there was nothing wrong with it. Not even sure if she changed the bedding so feel quite sorry for the people who stayed in there next. We were given one extremely thin pillow each so were very uncomfortable. Windows were covered in Mould skirting boards were missing there were holes on the runners on the bed and overall the place was quite shabby would not be staying again and would not recommend

Location was good

Everything needs updating. Towels were threadbare and need replacing. The bed was a big camp bed. Smoking right outside the entrance door, even staff, so you walk through the cloud of smoke to walk in. Staff seem a little unprofessional. Polite enough, but need to up their game a bit. Security of the left luggage room, we were just given a swip key so had access to everything in there, there was cctv but I would have felt happier knowing staff were escorting people doing this for security reasons.

Good location to Paddington station

Not so keen on the addition of a UV light in the shower room, it was a bit strange and made the place seem more down market.

Clean, friendly staff, allowed us to store our luggage before we checked in and after we checked out. Good location. Nice clean en-suite. All in all a nice functional hotel.

It was a fairly warm night and even wit windows open all night and the fan on full blast it was simply too hot. I would expect air conditioning for the amount we paid!

The reception staff were very friendly and did not get disturbed by during the night (despite being in a busy area)

windows not closing at all - very noisy from outside - asked at reception, but nobody bothered to come and fix lift engine next to the room causing noise dirty bathroom full of long hair

a bed to crash... althogh unconfortable

Very hot as couldn't leave windows open even though upper storey room, fire staircase right outside

Welcoming, clean, really handy for Paddington station. Surprisingly quiet, are as early but hotel didn't make us wait until checking in time

The carpets are very old, the mattress is so old and it made me feel something bit me, like a kind of insect. My room was son hard to get in... up and down stairs and the Internet was down most of the time, when I request support to front desk I was requested to fix it myself... after I complain the receptionist help me to restart the modem...

Is very close to the underground.

The lobby is disgusting. Is it really so hard to change the carpets, clean everything and give it a fresh coat of paint? The owners must be really lazy. The room was just cleanish. The bathroom was OK except for the drain in the shower which barely worked. Sloppy housekeeping everywhere. Tons of dust on top of the wardrobe and behind the bed. The wifi connection was very poor. The worst part was the bed sheets. The comforter had all kinds of nasty stains on it. We had to ask to get the pillows changed as their revolting smell proved too much to handle for us. If you can afford to pay more for your accomodation don't even bother with that poorly maintained and nasty place.

Location, location, location. Minutes away from the tube. Lots of restuarants in the vicinity . We were also able to check in early. The staff was reasonably accomodating. There was a TV and complimentary coffee.

The hotel is on a very noisy street. The room was very small. The window could not open fully because the bed was blocking it, and as it was a very hot day, the room got uncomfortably hot (no A/C).

Very convenient location especially if you're coming from Heathrow because the Heathrow Express train will get you directly to the hotel in 15 minutes. The room had a good amount of toiletries in it and coffee.

Arrived and went to put bags in storage as we were early, no storage room, just a gap by the tables in the breakfast room . First room we were put in, had definitely not been cleaned, only one pillow per bed, bed was not supportive, looked like the condiments had been tossed on the side ! When I say it wasn’t clean I mean coffee stains, dust, dead bugs! Maintenance wise there was parts of the skirting missing the windows wouldn’t open and the showers was mouldy. Breakfast was not good, there was cold bacon, hash browns and beans, that’s all ! The cold food was left on counters uncovered for lord knows how many hours. Staff were rude, as when I locked myself out, the night porter shouted at me .

The only redeeming quality of the hotel is the location

Beds.... thank goodness there was an extra single bed in the room..the double mattress was like a soup bowl...only fit for one person who does not have a back condition.

Location - Fabulous location ..especially after a long haul flight. Straight off the Heathrow Express st Paddington station

small rooms and didnt find it worth the money paid. I might be wrong when it comes to London. But compared to the other European countries i visited- i think hotels there are bigger in size and worth the money paid.

WiFi is the worst, you can’t use it for work, it cuts off all the time. Breakfast is awful, you certainly can have for the same price a better one outside the hotel and nicer service too (one member of the staff was very rude and yelled other guests because they didn’t hire breakfast; he could’ve had just ask them nicely to pay for it first or later and that would be it). Rooms are a little bit small, but it’s ok for a couple of days.

Bed was comfortable, location is awesome, shower was great! The room was very clean and tidy.

Very small beds, extremely noisy road and fire alarm going off at 5.30am meant no sleep at all. Only one mug and towel between two people, no extra pillows or towels when requested. Very basic.

Staff were polite.

The rooms were walking with the dirt. The bed linen was full of previous guests hair, it was horrible. And the bathroom was disgusting it hadnt been cleaned in weeks!! Never seen a hotel room so bad in all my life. Complained to the receptionist and i sent an email, still waiting for the manager to contact me!!!

Ascot Hyde Park was very tired, in need of a lot of maintenance, not clean, breakfast was poor and not as advertised ie. not a full English breakfast (far from it) and internet was completely unreliable. Mattress uncomfortable and well past use by date.

Luggage storage area and hotel location.

To begin with, the room had not been wept of vacuumed at all. There were left over rubbish of previous guests still hanging around. The shower floor had residual hair from previous users and there was soap marks in the walls. The room curtains were about to drop on the floor, the toilet floor got wet every time the toilet was flushed, but the cherry on top was the reception worker in the evening shift. That guy is the jewel of the crown of impoliteness, unfriendliness and inefficiency. I feel I have been stolen my money with this stay in this place. Avoid by all means, seriously. This place shouldn't even been featured by Booking.com, it is a shame of place.

I could possibly say that the only good feature of this place is the location, but there is absolutely nothing good I could say about this place or the terribly unfriendly staff that works here.

The bed was uncomfortable, I could feel the springs in the mattress, the door of the shower was broken and off the rail

Location was excelente, staff was friendly, felt safe

No air conditioning and lack of basic equipment such as a fridge. Not ideal in the very warm weather. Plug sockets and wall lights that didn't work and below average beds. Tiles in bathroom cracked and tap loose. One member of staff friendly and pleasant, however the other didn't even say hello. Another large problem was that no information was provided about breakfast or relevant numbers required for queries. Very little customer service.

The location was very good and the shower was nice.

The room (100) we stayed in was right beside the elevator. So there was a ping everytime it was used.

Right beside Paddington underground so easy to get around the rest of London. Hotel does the job as some where to sleep for a few nights. Get value for money.

Don't be fooled by the name. Ascot has associations with royalty and Hyde Park with Knightsbridge. What it actually is, is a bit of a dive at the rough end of Paddington. ‘Never mind’ I thought on checking in, ‘I’ll have a nice cup of tea when I get to my room’. Ho! Chance would be a fine thing…. Either the kettle or the electrics were bust because despite one kettle, two sockets and two travel plugs in the room no cuppa was to be had. The ‘bed’ was a mattress on a camp bed frame. One of the windows neither opened nor closed. Inexplicably, loo roll was wound around the smoke alarm. There were gaps in the wall where the shower is. It felt like the sort of place where the gaps might have had hidden cameras. I suffered one night and will be glad not to stay there again.

It was a bed and en suite for the night.

The hotel is next to the Hyde Park, a convenient location. I arrived at the hotel early so I have wait a bit for my room to be ready, and goos thing is they let my check in before my checkin time. the facility room is very clean and well kept. The room is small but comfortable. The staff is very helpful.

Upon check in we were assigned a room that wasn't even cleaned after previous guests checked out even though we insisted on a recently cleaned room after reading some reviews. However staff quickly rectified by upgrading us to a bigger and cleaner room but spot lights weren't working.

Location is amazing, a minute walk to Paddington with facilities surrounding the hotel. Staff were friendly. They just need to pay more attention to cleaness

The carpet was really dirty in my room and there was no feeling of cleanliness at all. Wifi was unstable with speed sometimes falling to nearly zero.

They agreed to check me in 2 hrs earlier.

Breakfast buffet was not good. Very little choice and what was provided was not good. Didn't eat the hotel breakfast past the first day. The room were very small, that was okay but the floors were very dirty as the bottoms of my feet could tell you from walking around the room! No room to hardly move in the bathroom. Windows were old and dirty so provided were little sound proofing from outside. Lots of dirt around skirting plus a tv remote than had no back and batteries were held in with masking tape!

Not sure if the towels were clean but got some more no problem, didn’t look like the room had been cleaned properly but it wasn’t a major issue

Good location, you get what you pay for

The tap in the shower was ripped off the base, and has been left dangling. With 3 guests, we were given just one key to the room. We had to request toilet rolls before it was provided. We spent 3 nights, and on 2 separate occasions we had the smoke alarm set off. The first because someone was smoking in the room. The second because they were testing the system. Too many unpleasant ‘coincidences’. Breakfast was very restrictive to just cereal and toast. No fruits, vegetables or lactose-free options, such as soya or almond drinks... The lady serving breakfast in the kitchen Manuela was great. Very polite and patient with guests. She was occasionally accompanied by a colleague that was less pleasant. This guy was harassing guests to hurry up with their breakfast. Something I found ridiculous in a hotel with older guests and smaller children. They need to train some of the staff about how to talk to guests. This should be pretty basic.

We arrive in the midnight, the front desk doesnt look that friendly to us , he just ask for bank card n make the payment then got the key. Then the hotel doesnt provide free wifi,each room cost 5pounds per stay for the wifi. I think most of the hotel have great free wifi now?even the public station have free wifi. The lift of the hotel is small and slow, cz only one life and maximum capacity is 3 person. The room is rather small but the most important is that is not clean at all, on that situation at midnight we just want to have a quick shower and sleep, luckily the bed is still comfort to sleep. After wake up we just want to check out and dont feel like to stay longer in the room. I wont go back, there is a lot better hotel out there!

I think the only thing is near to Paddington station which i first to take the heathrow express to the airport. But end up i take uber cause the cost is rather same.

Location was great. Near Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Paddington Station just a few metres away. Plenty of restaurants and convenience stores along the area including a couple of pharmacies. Definitely good value for money.

No kettle despite the sachets and milk, no offer of code for wi fi or any type of welcome or offers of advice at reception, in fact said nothing except to grunt and nod head to card reader and place door card on counter, too tired to bother going back to reception to get code, mattress was good but on a camp bed frame,

Good size room, excellent location

The reception area, corridors and breakfast room are a bit shabby. The breakfast coffee was nescafe. But then, breahfast was 5 pounds, so what can one expect?

I booked the hotel based on location and price. I did not expect a lot; I just wanted somewhere to sleep for the night. The room was surprisingly good although the chairs need refreshing. I have stayed in other budget hotels in the neighbourhood which have been a lot worse.

• Quadruple Room

entrance to the building needs looking at you can not open the main door if someone is at the desk booking in. staff lack interest at the desk and were not overly helpful. the room was comfortable but lack of lifts leaves you hanging around waiting . the dining room where laughable all crammed into a small space every thing was dissorganised. and we ended up eating in the luggage area. do not feel the cost was justified. if l didnt have my family with me l would not have stayed and will not go there again!

nothing would not stay there again very disapointed

Finishings in the bathroom were of poor workmanship/quality, bed comfort left something to be desired.

Serviceable quality, well located opposite to Paddington train station. Nice TV provided.

WIFI doesn't work at all on afternoon hours, as there are so many people connected. You can hear all the ambulances and police car noises from the room as it is a concurrent street near Paddington Station.

The hotel is well located near the centre. Plenty of shampoo and shower gel.

Needed to connect via the third floor in one hotel building to my room in another building.

The hotel is in a good location close to Paddington. Bed was comfortable.

There wasn’t enough bed covers and Window was broke, therefore very noisy. Could barely sleep at all.

Staff were very friendly and Bathroom very clean.

Staff didn't understand my wishes. We checked out and asked for our luggage to be put in the locked room but he said no however another member of staff said yes. wooded floored in bedrooms but they were not mopped. Rooms where not dusted and had no signal on the tv.

Balcony in the bedroom

This hotel is very conveniently located close to terminal 4 of the Heathrow airport. Staying here made my early morning flight very easy and stress free. The walk between the motel and the airport is completely under cover and only ab out a 10 minute walk. The room was very comfortable and clean

The hotel is so close to Paddington station it was really central,I don't know why people complained in the other reviews,truth is the hotel room was large with a very comfy bed very clean room I really enjoyed my stay here and I will be returning here again,great value for money and such a central place to stay in London,ignore the reviews and give it a try I'm glad I did.

The room could have maybe been decorated slightly better.

In a great low stink at Piccadilly. A quick three minute walk from the train station and a 2 minute walk to the nearest subway. The bathroom was in great condition. WiFi was free for duration of stay.

The hotel is very dirty. The towels are old and very heard on the skin. The bed sheets wasn't clean. I actually too pictures and showed the staff how dirty the room was. I wasn't even offered another room

I liked the location.

The Wi-Fi was useless, impossible to connect at any of the many routers they have per floor. The bed in this room hadn't the best mattress ever, I had some back pain waking up, nothing too serious tho.

This is the second time I get a nice deal in this hotel, the rooms are modest, but the location is amazing, and for the price of the deal here in booking I got exactly what I expected. Would recommend for a short stay or if you don't have to spend much time in the hotel.

Tiny room. Carpets need a hoovering. Some maintenance seems to be taking place and looked a bit shabby. Was concerned that design of building meant it would be difficult to get out in event of fire; safety hazard. Person at reception seemed more interested chatting to his friend that dealing with guests.

Nothing stood out to like.

Poorest experience ever. Room is dark, very old fashioned tv, mattress pretty much as wide as single pax sleeping bag only. Pretty much doesn’t worth it. Didn’t bother taking any photo.

The room was not cleaned properly, soap residue still on the holder and when I looked for the tv remote behind the bedside table (also there wasn't one) I found a pill packet, paper and other debris. The room was very cold not helped by the thin curtains. I could smell cigarette smoke from another room (despite the fact it was a non smoking hotel). There was only one pillow.

The location and the guy on reception who came to help me with my heating and always had a smile as I passed by. Truly the only redeeming qualities of this hotel.

Unconfortable single pull out bed/ could easily fit a proper single bed or a 3 quarter in there no need for uncomfortable single

Nice sized room, good location, modern

Room could have been a little cleaner.

Really warm, great facilities and friendly staff. Was only there for one night, but great value for money and only a minutes walk from Paddington!

The hotel was very cold. Putting tape over the gaps on balcony doors does not help to stop the draft. Breakfast was not organised at all! If you got up a little later than everyone else there will be nothing left. Hotel was not up to cleaning standards. Cigarette stubs all on stairs leading to breakfast area.

The hotel was in a good spot. Close enough to train station and had lots of restaurants and site seeing spots around the area.

Cleaners. They were rude. Didnt clean my room properly. Tea cups wernt replaced with new ones. No milk ans sugar was replaced too. Bathroom sink was very filthy and smelly. Lots of grime. And floor was awfully dusty like never been mopped. My socks were black and had all sorts of stuff stuck to them from the dust. Hair was everywhere. Cleaners on day of checkout eager to get you out the room. Very unprofessional and a man cleaner and woman cleaner both making rude remarks to each other whilst cleaning the room. Not professional at all. Cleaners wernt dressed proper. Overall sort the cleaners out or replace them and the hotel will be a very good place to stay. Breakfast was priced £8 for adults but for my child aged 6 it wasnt free it was £5. Didnt bother to have breakfast. Went out for breakfast instead.

Location was right near Paddington Station. Literally a 2 minutes walk. Room was nice and spacious. No disturbance. Quiet hotel and child friendly. Reception staff are very nice. Would stay and recommend. Check in is quick and easy. Overall good place. Just lacks cleanliness.

Wasn't clean and my room was to far way from the internet because it was inbetween floors so I would have to sit on the stairs to use it *room 205*

It was comfy but put a towel on your pillow

I never complain but omg room was filthy floor full of hair,dusty!!! Gruby as hell,chipped cups curtains hanging down...I itched all night mattress was filthy booked bfast when first arrived went down for it was a joke..they kindly sent us next door in a restaurant as I complained..staff was lovely tho..

Where to start;- -building work going on so couldn’t sleep past 8am. - called the staff an hour before arriving and was told I could check in early got there to find out I couldn’t and he just laughed at me and had a two hour wait. - the room was broken everywhere you looked from floor tiles to toilet roll holder. - the sheets were filthy had brown stains on pillows and sheet (probably easier than fighting with the toilet roll holder) - the windows was single glazed and broken. - the stairwells were blocked up with rubbish 90% of the time.

It was warm and dry only good thing

Breakfast room (it can't be called a restaurant) is dirty, full of smoke from the kitchen with stains on the chairs. You need to walk through the storage to get to the breakfast room. Avoid this hotel at all costs, it can't even be called a hotel.

• Quadruple Room

Hotel, passages, elevator, room and bathroom are cramped and in dire need of refurbishment. Beds not very comfortable. Window in room could not open and let a lot of cold air in. Breakfast was a waste of time an money. Awful, overcrowded - had to walk through a storeroom/dumping ground to get to the breakfast area.

Great location, not far from tube station. Affordable by London standards

When we arrived front desk informed that the credit card machine was not working and we had to pay cash. It was very frustrating. The place is very noisy, you can not sleep during the night.

Near Paddington Station.

Carpets very old and dirty but could be due to maintenance work being done. Safe did not work and could not get it fixed or replaced.

Good location with restaurants and very close to Paddington underground station.

the odor in our room was so heavy. the beds, toilets and shower were clean. tv wasnt working but overall the hotel was good

The breakfast that they offer us wasnt too much but it was delicious. They need to prepare food for muslims as well.

No hot water in the late evening (around 11pm as far as I remember) in the shower and in the sink. The lights in the room worked in a weird way - I still don’t know which button was doing what. Had to try a few combinations to turn off the light in the room without turning off the light in the bathroom. Also the door lock to the bathroom didn’t work.

The room was quite clean and comfortable. A mirror, nice beds, an opportunity to make myself a cup of tea.

As I mentioned above: when we arrived, there were no towels so we had to use our own - hopefully we had it with us. Fortunately, next day the service staff provided us with two towels. Unfortunately - during our whole stay we had only one roll of toilet paper, which is definitely not enough for two persons and two-night-stay. The biggest problem for us was the water, which was not going on for one and half day - this was not the problem of the hotel though, but an accident in the whole area around. Although, after few hours, hot water was going on, so we could shower ourselves before our leave.

For the price very nice and quite calm hotel not so far from the city centre. Staff is nice and helpful. As for the room itself, its size was ok, it was very clean, but there were some small mistakes though - when we arrived, there were no towels so we had to use our own - hopefully we had it with us. Fortunately, next day the service staff provided us with two towels. Unfortunately - during our whole stay we had only one roll of toilet paper, which is definitely not enough for two persons and two-night- stay. The biggest problem for us was the water, which was not going on for one and half day - this was not the problem of the hotel though, but an accident in the whole area around. Although, after few hours, hot water was going on, so we could shower ourselves before our leave. Thanks for the service. I can definitely recommend Ascot Hotel for short stay hotel. It's not so far from the city centre and worth price!

No hot water, fire alarm going off 3 times through the night very loud, window rattling in the wind, no tea coffee kettle. Breakfast too late starting

No much

Pair of women’s stockings and underwear left in my room. I ordered a double bed and got three singles. It was noisy. The lift stopped 150 cm from the floor. On arrival the staff only wanted my card and went helpful

In the end - ver little to like about this hotel and location

• Quadruple Room

Property in the process of refurnishing,repainting.constant drilling and hammering. Access to dining area through storage room full of furniture and building material, pile of sawdust in the next room from dinning area. Workers drilling and sawing during the breakfast literally a few metres from us having a meal. Elevator was unavailable half of the time due the staff using it for moving hoovers , linen, tools, paint etc. We had to access our room through freshly repainted hall, before they were able to clean it. Shower head was leaking,spraying water all over the place. We ordered quadruple room (even there were only 3 of us,but wanted double bed and more room) but get triple room instead.completly different room,other than showing on pictures. TV quite small (22-24 inches) without remote control

Room was fairly clean although bit dusty

Fire alarm went off at 8.30am woke me up... no apology Work men working on the floor I was on very noisy first thing in the morning Man entered my room to clean it at 8:45am I was still in bed. Not very good

The room was pretty decent and clean. Worth the £35 for a single bed.

It was noisy both from outside noise and the other rooms you can hear everything! Someone was smoking too and set fire alarm off and smell was coming through my room. Bed also not very comfortable. But for a budget hotel that's clean and central it fits the bill!

It's so close to the station so very convenient for getting around central London. The room was clean and the staff accommodating as I arrived early and they let me have my room straight away.

• Quadruple Room

Not a single appliance or plug socket worked in the kitchen. We bought food to cook in the oven so that went to waste. Found two giant Beatles in our bedding. Luckily we didn't spend much time there and were drunk enough not to care.

Close to station/restaurants - suitable for one night

Furniture had been pulled off the wall. Window frame was rotten and falling apart so I had to sleep with the window wide open. Bathroom was dirty and part of the shower handle was broken so there was an open hole in the wall. Room was quite dusty. Also a very strong smell of cigarettes in the hotel and my room.

Only a small walk to the nearest tube station.

All clean in, but not the grout inbetween tiles in bathrooms and some corners are moldy. Also they were building in the hotel during our stay, which was not indicated. And they even kept on banging away on Sunday. Luckily we were out and about

For a budget hotel the beds are realy great, which helped after a whole day of exploring London. Pillows are very small and flat Though. I requested an extra, which I eventually got! Enough coffee and tea available in room. Right next to hotel a couple of restaurants where you can enjoy lovely English Breakfast! Also dine out if you wish... Fast food also around the corner. Staff are friendly and accommodating.

Browse Ascot Hyde Park Hotel traveller photo gallery