Reviews of St Athans Hotel 1 stars

20-24 Tavistock Place, Camden, London, WC1H 9RE, United Kingdom

#628 of 977 hotels in London

We have a great time in the city.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There was an odour when we first entered the room. I soon did not notice it and only slept in the room

The rooms are small and hot when the temperature is high but I think is good value for the price paid. My brother prefers a modern motel but I booked and prefer an old Victorian property.

Great location, spacious family room, very friendly and...
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms very warm but so was the rest of London! No access to fridge or kettle.

Great location, spacious family room, very friendly and helpful staff. Basic accommodation but nice and clean with great café downstairs.

This is not a hotel.

This is not a hotel. This is for backpackers. It's ok, but you should name it as it is. Staff didn't even know where my room was and sent me with my luggage upstairs to the third floor when my room was at the basement. My room was on a floor and my mother/baby's room was on another floor because "we didn't specify" we were a family.

Very nice overall.

I have no complaints.

Very clean, quick and efficient check i ,staff friendly but to the point.Discount and free drink at The Bloomsbury cafe situated underneath, the food was delicious!

Location (Proximity to nearest tube station)
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Dated decor. Although £128 for a triple room isn’t extortionate for a room in London, for a room in a hotel that has shared bathrooms and toilets and hasn’t been renovated/decorated since the 90s (at best) I do think it is overpriced

Location (Proximity to nearest tube station) Staff

Budget, no-frills, comfy and central.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

No equipment for making a cup of tea or coffee in the room. Very hot (during hot summer) and no fan or A/C Sink in my room gurgled and vented drain smell into the room: staff v apologetic when I reported this. Otherwise v comfortable.

Lovely welcome by friendly staff. Taken to my room, as the hotel consists of a terrace of houses so my room was in a different building from Reception. Comfy bed and quiet room facing the back of the building (ask for this if you want quiet!). Shared bathrooms were clean and well-kept. Great local info in the hotel guide - history, architecture, 'don't miss' etc The tiny bistro beneath the hotel serves great coffee but closes at 4.30pm, so no evening beverages available.

not bad.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My room is near the road, so it was very noisy at night and in the early morning. Besides, it has really poor soundproofing and I can even hear people who spoke in other rooms or floors.

The environment is not bad and room is clean. The bigger public bathroom is near and clean as well. It is convenient to find food and drinks and near the underground.

Poor , will never go back there again
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

When I woke up in the morning I found a used plaster in my bed which obviously means that the bedding wasn’t changed after the last guest used it , I find totally unacceptable Also when we returned from a concert we had been to the front door was locked so we had to ring the bell to get in The member of staff who answered the door was very rude to my son and his 2 friends threatening not to let them in until I intervened What was he going to do make 3 lads of 15 walk the streets of London all night

The location was good only 5 minutes walk to the nearest underground station Plenty of facilities nearby

Lovely English Short-Stay, Great location, Proximity to St Pancras Station, Tube & the HeartofLondon

x

Excellent hosts - They were accommodating and kind enough to offer me a ground floor room as I have knees' problem and I couldn't climb the stairs. (No lift) You may have to make such a request/notice prior arrival so they can arrange that for you based on availability. Nice compact room overlooking English style street Loved the English House Style Just what you need if you encounter an impromptu trip to London, quick booking for one traveler or a couple and perfect for a short stay in the heart of London Proximity to the Tube, St Pancras Train Station and a coffee shop right under the Hotel Vouchers for a free coffee/breakfast at the Coffee shop and discount coupons in London were offered Lovely stay! Thank you

Great location for the West End and handy for Euston station with baggage room to leave luggage
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Bed not very comfortable and didn't seem like a full double size. But for the price it was okay for 2 nights.

Helpful friendly staff. Clean and tidy.

Comfortable, basic and met all our needs for an overnight stay.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Steep and awkward stairs to the third floor. Confusing layout and lack of room signage.

The hotel was basic with all needs met by staff and building. There were plenty of bathrooms to choose from which was a concern when booking but was fine. Stairs were alittle steep when on the third floor which was where we were based so you need to have good balance and stair fitness lol 😉 They allowed us in our rooms early which was nice as they were ready and allowed us to collect our luggage later in the day when we were due to leave so could move around London more freely 👍

It's budget. You get what you pay for. I'd say don't stay there if you need/value your sleep.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room size was tiny. Door had a massive gap under it which gave you zero privacy and did nothing to dull the noise from outside. When you add the fact the head of the bed is right beside the door, I spent 2 nights constantly being woken up by people in the corridor outside as it sounded like they were right inside my room! If I had slept in the corridor instead there would have been no difference in noise.

City centre location

Great Location!
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

The structure of the hotel is weird. There are 3 floors. our room was on the 3rd floor. we didnt mind, however we felt the stair were very hard to used because they are little uneven, no lift and if you have bign suitcases and a baby then your way to the 3rd floor will be a night mare. If you have no baby and you are a backpacker then this is your best option.

They have great location! Close to Euston Station, many great little restaurants, very easy to find and move around. The staff at the hotel was very helpull and they have a nice little room with TV, magazines, book with places you must see and location so you can see it while you wait for your room. The room was good, if you dont like shring bathrooms this is not the place for you however everytime I used it was always very clean. Very happy with this hotel.

Nice, cheap, great place for friends to stay
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Only had 2 plugs in the entire room (which was very difficult to share between 5 people and a TV).

Good price, five people could share a room, friendly staff, not far from the Lyceum theatre. Had quite a quirky look to it. Although toilets were outside, they are close to your room and weren't busy. Card locked doors. Bigger than it looks.

Good value for the location. Friendly staff
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Exactly what we needed for our flying visit. Really nice location with everything you need just around the corner. Short walk to tube station. Staff really helpful and friendly

The facilities were a bit of a nightmare but I did sleep OK and the staff were fine.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is like a rabbit warren on four floors with no lift and narrow/steep stairways one of which is dangerous, and bathroom/toilet facilities are on different floors in obscure places. My room had no facilities such as bed side light, TV and kettle to make tea. However the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The lock on my door failed and the mgt had to move me to another room late in the evening.

Staff service generally helpful

Basic accommodation in the heart of London
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was tiny. Toilets/bathrooms were hard to access. Lots of doors and steps to negotiate.

The location was perfect for me - almost right next door to the people I was visiting in London.

Basic but convenient
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was very small, had smell of an old building. High English breakfast price in the cafe downstairs.

The place with a character: narrow winding stairs, lovely view through the window, birds singing in the morning. Location is great, close to King's Cross station and British museum, around one hour walk to the main attractions.

Acceptable.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Showers kind of gross after a lot of people used them. Bath mats should be changed more regularly or fresh ones should always be available in bathrooms.

Nice staff

Great for Commute, great space for uni students, as it's in the heart of London. but get a discount
    • Single Room with Private Bathroom

price was definentley too high for the price of a single room, and the shower room only had hand soap, as it didn't include shower gel or shampoo. The pillows were really thick.

nothing to complain about, I enjoyed the café outside In the basement.

good location, good price, but noisy.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom was in fact a small-size box inside the room, offering in a very tiny space all utilities (WC+shower+sink) needed. Another bathroom (WC+shower+sink) to share with others was very close to the room. This induced quite noisy trafic of people walking to and letting the door hurting. Noise from up-stair room was also rather audible.

Well located at less than 5 minutes walking distance to a tube station (Russell Square) and bus stops, the hotel is in a quiet area, where small shops and bar/pub/café/restaurants are present. The check-in was made scriptural but fast, done by the welcoming staff. Bed (mattress) was very firm, furniture were basic but offering sufficiently space and functionalities. WiFi was free and of good quality. The room was rather small but sufficiently large for two persons.

Close to tube and museum

The family rooms are small. There’s not much room for more than the beds.

Perfect location for our stay. Friendly staff and nice breakfast (not included) in the downstairs coffee shop.

Very comfortable overnight stay with a delicious breakfast in the bloomsberry restaurant.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

I didn't have a problem with anything .

Beds were comfortable,triple room was small but fine for the two of us. Staff were friendly and very helpful. We waited in a very comfortable TV room after we checked out for our train rather than wait two hours at Euston. Our bathroom looked brand new and we had good water pressure in the shower. I like the fact the building is so old and has lots of character. I think that it is fantastic that you can get accomodation as good as this for a great price in London. You would not get this in Vancouver that's for sure!

A very good, clean and cozy hotel in the heart of London
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was a lack of the sufficient amount of bathrooms in the hotel from the first look, but we did not really feel it during the stay.

We liked very much this hotel. It was clean and located very close to the city centre. We are very thankful to the staff who was extremely helpful with our luggage and printing of tickets. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I wish all the best for the hotel and its owners.

Friendly, spotless and central!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I knew in advance that the bathroom was down the corridor so it was not a complaint but that was the only thing that would have made the stay ideal if the bathroom had been ensuite.

The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The hotel facilities were spotless and the bed super comfy. The central location made it really useful for all the activities I had planned. The link up with the Bloomsbury cafe was genius and I had the best breakfast I think I’ve ever had, just a shame they don’t do dinner too!

Good value for money.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I don't mind sharing a bathroom, but to walk down stairs, and squeeze into a small bathroom; well, that is what would put me off staying here again.

The location and the price. Also, the great cafe downstairs!

Great location. Accommodations were clean and comfortable. No wait for the shared bathrooms.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom (1 Double + 1 Single)

Would be great to have more outlets in the room and maybe a water kettle.

Good location, easy to find and get around, friendly staff, clean and comfortable.

Extremely clean and comfortable stay.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Excellent location, close to Euston Station and the tube. The hotel was spotlessly clean , including the shared bathroom which was not a problem at all despite the hotel being very busy. The sheets were changed every day. It was very quiet and comfortable. Excellent WI-FI and TV reception. Very helpful staff and bag-drop service. The cafe below the hotel had excellent service and very good food. I highly recommend the St Athans Hotel.

Great for an inexpensive place to stay in London

The bathroom was very chilly

Great welcome and nothing was too much trouble , it was warm clean and comfortable with the rooms just the right temperature to sleep 💤

Great location and friendly staff. Other than that - decent.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared toilet was up the stairs from the room so somewhat inconvenient. The rooms were quite cold. Only one electricity socket per room.

Wonderfully helpful staff - helped set up iron, order taxi, cleaned up rubbish..

Location is quit good
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The room is too small. The private bathroom is too too small, it seems a airplane toilet. Em resume, the hotel seems like a hostel.

Location is quit good

Friendly, homely hotel with amazing cafe, quirky, clean and cosy rooms and great ambience.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Sometimes the bathroom can be cold. This is picking though, as it is super clean and nicely done up.

Love that cafe downstairs, and like that there are plenty of bathrooms. Like the art and ambience, truly a one off.

It would be ok for one night if you were looking for a budget stay.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

A kettle for making tea! Mattress needs replacing to stop rolling into middle of bed. Noisy water system if you are beneath a customer who takes a half hour shower at midnight.

The room to leave luggage and TV room

Very comfortable beds & the room was always very clean...
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom (1 Double + 1 Single)

There could have been a hairdryer and tea making facilities in the room.

Very comfortable beds & the room was always very clean when returning at the end of the day. The staff were really friendly.

Overall, my stay was very positive and enjoyable.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No tea/coffee facilities in room. Hot water only available in a flask after 6pm. Room on stairwell very noisy even when other guests are trying to be quiet.

The room, bathroom, bed linen were spotlessly clean, comfortable and warm. Staff were very proficient and friendly. 2x USB charging points and good WiFi were available in the room. V. good location.

Good old style London hotel: way to expensive for the value
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Noisy between rooms, no private bathroom.

Nice people, warmly welcomed. Always available at the reception. Small but confortable lobby to wait / have calls. Good location.

Clean, cosy, a great coffeeshop downstairs, perfect position.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I wish there was a private bathroom... however the common one was super clean and well maintained

Clean, cosy, a great coffeeshop downstairs, perfect position.

Very good budget choice, very well located with private bathroom option.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Don't expect the confort of a standard hotel. You'll not get a towel changed everyday, you'll not find a kettle to make your tea. Only on 2 heaters will work, so you'll not get cold but not really warm. The bed isn't confortable at all. If your room will be at ground floor, you'll feel the vibrations all night of the main door opening.

We got n°28 Tavistock street, ground floor. The owner is managing several old hostels within the same street merging them together. This is definitely a good choice to get a very clean room with private bathroom at affordable price and extremely well located : super near to the British Museum, very close to Russell Square underground station.

Failed our expectations, no value for money
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom was tiny and dirty, same size as a bus toilet. There was no space to take a shower and there were no shampoo and soap. Also the ventilation was noisy.

The hotel is very central, walking distance from euston station and oxford str. The staff was kind and helpfull

excellent 😊
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom but just made sure I was up early enough to be the first to use it.

My room was spotless and even though I was only there two nights my bedding was changed after the first date. I highly recommend this hotel if you can manage with a shared bathroom.

Very homely and welcoming!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very comfortable cozy room. Lovely extras such as local rum, a slice of cake, a few biscuits for our dog and a dog bed! Nice touches to make you feel at home. We had a meal in the bar, the service was friendly and food was very good.

The price/location relation of the hotel is perfect.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom (1 Double + 1 Single)

The price/location relation of the hotel is perfect. It is possible to reach walking Soho-Picadilly in 20-25 minutes and the British Museum in less than 15 minutes. The neighborhood has plenty restaurants and supermarkets.

Comfortable beds, central location, old building which is...
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Small rooms and bathroom but we knew that before booking!

Comfortable beds, central location, old building which is part of the charm, staff were great, helped arrange transportation to airport, cafe downstairs was excellent, good coffee!

The room was clean and the location great.
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

It feels more like a hostel than a hotel. The hotel needs to be renovated, toilets were running so we had trouble flushing and the rooms are really basic. The staff was indifferent and we had trouble getting in at night (9 pm) where we waited 15 minutes for the portier to open the door.

The room was clean and the location great.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Quite basic. No kitchen facilities. Walls are quite thin so you can hear other guests and the noise from the street all night.

Great location, walking distance to Euston Station amd in a nice area of London. Very friendly staff.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom (1 Double + 1 Single)

This is a hostal not a hotel. It’s noisy all night. You can hear your neighbours upstairs. Shower rooms dirty with fungus in the grouting.

Good location and helpful staff.

Very enjoyable

No complaints

Briliant coffeeshop - smell of coffee in the morning. Very convenient position - really nice part of London to stay in - plenty of Pubs, small shops, leafy green squares, museums.

Staff were nice.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There are only 2 bathrooms for three levels of rooms. If you are on the middle level then you have to run up and down stairs to see which bathroom is free. It got worse when yhe last few days only one bathroom worked. To top that off the top floor bathroom leaked water down the walls and roof and all the hallway lights had to be off and battery operated lights on instead. I understand its an old building but it didn't look safe at all.

Staff were nice. Bed was comfortable

Nice, comfortable, clean, centrally located but quiet hotel:)

Everything fine:)

Extremely nice hotel, very comfortable, nicely equipped with stylish furniture, great view on the typical small London street, very clean, extremely comfortable beds, shared bathroom is not a problem at all, centrally located but quiet, it takes around 20 min on foot to get to King's Cross and Piccadilly, small bakery and shop nearby.

Nice, old-fashioned property
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This property is like an old-school boarding house. A large number of rooms are simply a bedroom with a sink, bed, and wardrobe. For the rooms without an attached bath, there are 2 bathrooms shared by about a dozen rooms. If you are not used to staying in small spaces, you probably won't be very happy. With our two suitcases, it was a very tight fit.

The staff was excellent, very professional and kind. Our first room had a problem and they were quick to change our accommodations. There's a locked storage room downstairs where you can leave suitcases, prams, backpacks, etc. The cafe below the hotel serves very good breakfast, and because you're staying at the hotel you get 10% off (though not free breakfast).

Very welcoming although you had to ring the bell to get back...
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

En suite was a small plastic shower unit that was very small and had to step up and over a ledge to get into - felt like a ship's en suite. There was no hairdryer or toiletries except hand soap, although when I asked at reception a hairdryer was provided. The corridor was very noisey - you could hear everyone's comings and goings.

Very welcoming although you had to ring the bell to get back into the hotel (which perhaps gives an indication of what the area was like!). Bed was comfy enough and furniture dated but adequate.

Nice place for a night or three
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Relatively minor stuff: Right hand 1st/2nd floor shower was either stone cold or scalding hot with nothing in between. The left hand one worked fine. Lack of space for folded clothes (double rooms may be better) - fine for a couple of nights living out of a suitcase though. Main gripe was difficulty getting a wifi signal. Connection from my bedroom to the basement coffee shop was sometimes better than to the hotel. Always got a signal eventually, just took a lot of trying.

Very pleasant and very pleased. My 8.8 rating tells you all you need to know.

Location great but price not to include a on suit bathroom or breakfast is not great.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Stairs steep. Bathroom not even on same floor. Not suitable really for single adult with child. Would not recommend for any one with moblity issues.

As we travelled into Euston station this Hotel was in a great location and was perfect for a weekend

There was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room :(

My two girls thought the beds were really comfy :) Lovely friendly staff and yummy food in the Bloomsbury coffee shop for breakfast.

I really like the hotel.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

In my opinion just the bathrooms are the negative point. They are really new at least in my plant but the disadvantage is that are shared.

I really like the hotel. The first advantage is the perfect location. The room are good with comfortable beds. Moreover the staff are lovely people. I spent two nights and I'm not regret about my choice, maybe I'll repeat in the future. It's true that the rooms are small but if you want to visit the city and you just want the hotel for sleep and have a rest is absolutely perfect!!! I recommend to all people. During my stance there were young people as my boyfriend and I but also complete families so it's appropriate for everybody.

Ok, for one night.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was black spots on bed sheets.

Ok, for one night. Room was comfortable, light, nice design, bed was good. But just little bit must think about bed sheets.

Modelling job
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

I wouldn't say didn't like it just a bit of a pain with a two year old the toilets were downstairs and not in the room not so much a dislike just a nuisance for me with a toddler

It was beautiful clean relaxing and the staff were amazing friendly and very helpful

We only needed an overnight stay & this was perfect - clean, great location.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The rooms aren't big and it's shared bathrooms but we knew this before we booked (and it's reflected in the price).

Cleanliness, location, price. if you just need a few days accommodation & won't be spending much time in your hotel then this place is perfect.

Cozy hotel for a weekend in London
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

calm neighbourhood, quiet room, friendly staff, good starting point to discover the city by foot, Underground station very close, amazing breakfast place in the same building

Location was great, staff super friendly and helpful
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared showers. Nervous in going into a shower that hadn’t been cleaned after someone has used it before.

Location was great, staff super friendly and helpful

Great location, really friendly staff .... brilliant breakfast café .. would stay here again :)
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Super quirky café under the hotel with excellent choice of breakfast and home made quiches and cakes ... much better than a regular inhouse breakfast environment !!

I will try a different place next time.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

This place is one step above a youth hostel. Perhaps i was expecting too much for $178. Tiny bathroom. Very tired decor. Bed sagged in the middle....no elevator.

Location is good.

Would stay again but on top floor so I can't hear people walking about late at night
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The floors were creaky and the doors were loud when opening and closing. Didn't bother me throughout the day but when I'm trying to get to sleep or it wakes me up I'm not happy. Inconsiderate hotel guests

I liked how we has to ring the bell for someone to let us in. And it was on CCTV so if anyone was behind us they wouldn't be allowed in.

It was a pleasant stay and I found the staff very obliging, helpful and eager to please.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The narrow staircases were a bit tedious but there's nothing that can be done about that and seems a small price to pay for the convenience.

The beds were comfortable and the staff were very obliging and for that reason (and the proximity to the tube) I shall be coming back. Also the convenience of the cafe was very good.

Rather miserable.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Unfortunately I was there to sleep before one of the most important series of interviews and exams in my life. I was kept up until 4 in the morning by people chatting extremely loudly outside my window. There was a hoard of people cackling all night and 0 soundproofing on the windows. I chose this location because it was on a side road. I called the reception and he kindly told them to disperse (I also heard a neighbour asking them to before as well). When I called a second time (Because guess what, your so called 'whispering' and cackles between weren't cutting it) the reception sounded rather irritated with me. I did explain I had exams and this wasn't really taken on board. As a family you should know what it is like when young professionals have high stake things to do. You should have a sign up asking for silence during certain hours and for them to MOVE ON, not just say stay quiet because they wont. It is an offence and I was very close to calling the police. I am so disappointed because everything else was great yet it failed me on the one thing I desperately needed, sleep. Keep in mind I had been pulling night shifts in a hospital and this was my one night to get it. Junior Doctors need their sleep too.

The staff were lovely and welcoming, the hotel has a lovely family vibe

Adequate for my stay and my needs were met.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Disappointing they did not have a shuttle to and from airports. And staff were in my room daily when I personally didn't feel there was a need, but that is just me. A dinning room would have been nice or a kitchen to make tea and coffee would have been good.

The staff were friendly and some were extra helpful. The location was good for me personally. The price was within range for the money I could afford. It was clean. It suited my needs. Although I personally did not feel the need for staff in my room everyday it was nice the staff were attentive.

Great location but room way too small
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Stairs shared toilet and shower room not big enough for three people. No jug no fridge backpacker accom. Should be stated on property profile.

Location was excellent.

Left after one night . Dont stay there, travel lodge cheaper and on suite
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The whole place is old and smells so, very small rooms compared to the photos. I knew it was a shared bathroom but thought it was between the two rooms i had booked . Not with the rest of the guests, and not on another floor.

Clean bed

It was a nice for what my family needed it for. Very well placed for city excursions
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared toilets and shower rooms are good if you don't mind it, though it's not ideal if you have kids. No parking available but there is a car park round the corner

The bed was comfy and the staff were very friendly. The room was a decent size with a sink in the room for a little ease. Very well placed if you want to stay in the Camden area with easy access to train and subway stations

Great nights sleep!
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel is budget so please remember this - it's a little tired

The room was spotless (even for me with OCD) The bedding was sparkling white crisp and clean The attention and service was excellent

Simple but comfortable stay with helpful staff and great location.
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

The kids didn't like having no tv in the room, this may have improved the evening slightly. For me it was the lack of an en suite. Some of the residents would leave the toilet/shower facilities in a complete state, these were cleaned throughout the day but not early in the morning. There are quite a few of these rooms though so going to another was an option.

Good value for our short stay and they provided a travel cot for our youngest.

Overall a really good place to stay.

Overall a really good place to stay. It would be nice to have access to a microwave and tea/coffee making facilities in rooms i.e. kettle and some mugs.

My father enjoyed his stay and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No hot water available in the room.

I booked this for my father as a birthday present. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and tidy and situated in an excellent location. The prices are good and will certainly use again.

It was a pleasant stay for 5 of us. Room is a bit too small though.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Enjoy suite bathroom far too small. No fridge. No safe. No air con. No heating in room 34. Room is far too small for 5 and all beds are cramped together.

Cleaniness

Overall it was good, i'd come again.
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was really really small, but okay. We didn't had our own toilet or shower which wasn't that big of a problem but i'd prefer an own.

I really liked the staff. If you're staying there for a few days, it'd be perfect. Maybe not so for a big family with young children.

Browse St Athans Hotel traveller photo gallery