Reviews of The Athenaeum 5 stars

116 Piccadilly, Westminster Borough, London, W1J 7BJ, United Kingdom

#502 of 977 hotels in London

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very poor services and rooms are out dated and small. Not worth the money
    • Superior Room

Concierge service did not show up after calling the reception twice.

Was definitely not worth the £400 I paid, the room was worse than travelodge. Very dark, small and not nice at all. Wouldn’t recommend

Very comfortable. Our experience at breakfast let down what was otherwise a lovely, relaxing stay.
    • Superior Room

Service at breakfast was very poor. We came down just after 10.30am. Juices were all empty. We had to ask for them to be topped up. Then we had to find a waiter to ask for tea & coffee. Then had to ask for a menu. Finally we had to wait 10 minutes for them to ask us if we wanted anything cooked. Simply not good enough when breakfast if served until 11am. Much improvement and staff training required. Entrance into the spa very poor. I honestly thought I was in the laundry area when I came out of the lift. Spa lobby needs attention

Bedrooms extremely comfortable. Most staff very helpful. Beautiful smell when entering the lobby

Reception staff were polite and the location was perfect .
    • Superior Room

Few occasions other hotel stayers were upset with the hotel for various reasons . You need to ask for what you want more than once and sometimes you might not receive it like coffee at breakfast . The room upon arrival had hair in the tub and the bed . As I said staff are friendly but you need to press them to have things done . Just seems disorganized probably as they were fully booked and crowded .

Reception staff were polite and the location was perfect . The reception area, dining room and bar were wonderful .

The sweetest most welcoming doorman Jim ❤️, and the...
    • Deluxe Room

Old elevator, expensive food at the hotel, reception need to be more friendly, I booked 10 nights while checking in they moved us to the an outside building that was related to the hotel which was old and depressing decor and colors after 1 hour of waiting they moved us to the main building of the hotel. I asked for 1 night extension the rate was tooo high so I had to check out on my last day.

The sweetest most welcoming doorman Jim ❤️, and the concierge was helpful

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location , the idea of having apartment with hotel service...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Furniture and bathrooms are very worn out , it’s almost the same furniture since we started staying at these apartments 10 yrs ago !!! And it’s not cheap. Hotel rooms are renovated and much nicer ones

Location , the idea of having apartment with hotel service and private entrance

Good
    • Superior Room

The Air condition in the room is either cold and when u shut it off ithets really hot quickly. Other than it was good.

Loved the room, it was just the right size of 2 person, and was clean. The staff was friendly. Location is good, you can walk to oxford street, liecster square, and also to the hyde park.

Really comfortable and friendly hotel. Second stay here and would definitely return.
    • Superior Room

The bar wasn't open at 1pm on a Saturday but we did sit outside and get served although it was very hot. Our rooms weren't ready when we got there so they took our bags and said they would put them into the rooms when they were ready but this didn't happen and they didn't tell us - so we ended up going to our rooms and having to to come back to reception when we realised. Not much but a bit annoying at 11pm and this being a 5 star hotel.

We booked two rooms and both were upgraded - I am assuming because of the Genius Perks although we have stayed there before. Beds are super comfy and the rooms are very nicely decorated. Location for us was key as we were at Hyde Park for a concert so a very easy walk back.

Will definitely stay at this hotel again.
    • Superior Room

Great room, very comfortable bed. Quiet room even though on busy Piccadilly. Staff super efficient and friendly, every request met. Location was perfect for my visit.

Very disappointing - couldn't wait to leave.
    • Superior Room

We stayed in a ground floor apartment. Originally we'd booked adjoining rooms in the hotel but because they couldn't give us this they gave us an 'upgrade' to two rooms in an adjacent building which I believe they call the apartments. They were in dire need of refurbishment; old, grubby, tired and dark. Very shabby overall, and we couldn't wait to leave every morning. Even my children complained (and they love staying in hotels!). Bathrooms were tiny and also very tired. I would definitely not recommend staying here.

Went above and beyond
    • Superior Room

The staff was amazing! They upgraded us to a larger room to accommodate my nearly 1 year old and 3 year old that I had forgot that include in the reservation. They even brought toys and activities for them, like a birdhouse to paint. Location was great aw well!

Poor
    • Green Park Suite

Interior Design is poor and room had a bad ear plus extremely dirty windows were unnaceptable at £840 per night. Basically room looked scruffy and not welcoming at all.

Location walking distance from Bercley Square with all the fun

Excellent hotel in a prime location.

Couldn’t fault anything.

Excellent hotel in a prime location. Staff were very friendly and polite, making our stay very memorable. Michele in the restaurant was an absolute delight. Food was excellent for the evening meal and there was lots of choice at breakfast. Very enjoyable stay, would thoroughly recommend.

Enjoyed and will be back
    • Superior Room

Cold tap didn’t give cold water in room and drinks in room mini bar not stocked + charged for items we didn’t have called and was sorted

Very good hotel excellent service all round ! the staff were lovely + very welcoming and extremely child friendly my son age 4 was made to feel special with toys duck food etc fabulous

Amazing location with fantastic service
    • Superior Room

The laundry is not done in house so I had trouble having something steamed urgently

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The location is great (In front of Hyde park in the posh Mayfair area) but it’s the amazing staff that elevated my experience to next level! I have to mention Philip at the reception who upgraded me to the highest floors with a full window that opened to Hyde park , Pietro at the bar who is super friendly (pardon my bad spelling of his name) and Jim at the door who is your old school charm. The room was very well lit and ventilated, the decor included full view mirrors everywhere and easy plug points (including international plug points!) The bathroom, though small, was well designed to maximize space usage. Towel racks are heated and shower pressure excellent.

Location of the property.
    • Superior Room

Poor connection to WiFi and phone signal at the property. I left the tag to clean my room and I went out for a couple of hours came back and it was still unclean. This happened more than once unfortunately. One the receptionist (Medo) wasn’t polite in his assistance, this made it seem a very unfortunate incident and the worst in my stay. I normally don’t comment on such cericmstances, but this is important to point out.

Location of the property. Comfort of the bed. Door man very friendly person.

Awesome Hotel Staff & A Great Stay!
    • Superior Room

Housekeeping definitely needs to improve. The mini bar area had broken glass from a previous guest which was not removed prior to our arrival. There were pieces of broken glass in the coffee cups and large pieces of broken glass on the counter. When we called to report the issue, the hotel staff was very concerned and expeditious in resolving the issue. We appreciated the way the hotel staff responded.

The staff was saw WONDERFUL! They were extremely helpful and friendly and went above and beyond to assist with any request or issue. The room was overall very comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was very clean.

Not special enough for the price.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Despite pre-warning about our arrival time - our room was not ready at the check in time. The dining room could not accommodate us for lunch whilst we waited for the room. When we got to the room the incorrect luggage was in the room. A very bad start to what was a surprise stay at the hotel for family birthdays. When I raised my concerns about the poor start the manger offered a bottle of bubbles sent to our room which was appreciated. Breakfast bakery items not freshly made - very shop-bought. Eggs Benedict muffins very tough. I booked the most expensive apartment on Booking.com as this was a surprise London visit for family. Whilst the space was nice the apartment (Room 4) was directly above the kitchen - the air conditioning in the room and bathroom churned out kitchen extraction smells. After a sleepless night the hotel moved us to a suite overlooking the front of the hotel. Much cleaner air, smarter but much smaller - not the upgrade I would have expected given how disappointing the experience had been from the start.

Bedding and pillows all very nice. Staff very friendly.

A charming sanctuary with an excellent location.
    • Superior Room

Coffee in the breakfast room could be more exciting.

Excellent location. In-room coffee supplies and water etc excellent. Very friendly and helpful staff.

A lovely experience
    • Superior Room

It's a pity the hotel is not closer to the more active areas of London however that also has the benefit of tranquility.

The staff were extremely helpful. I had a problem with not being able to improve the heating in my room amd I was moved into a new room by Pedro at about 21.30 at the speed of light! I was also impressed with the young lady on reception who assisted me with a few problems. I had the pleasure of being checked out by Ahmed who was super friendly. My thanks to the very polite and welcoming Door Men and to the young french waitress in the restaurant. A very enjoyable stay.

Extremely enjoyable stay in this lovely hotel with a great location. Will definitely be back!
    • Superior Room

Hotel bar is quite expensive but this is not unusual in a 5 star hotel in London.

Very good central location. Spacious room, with extremely comfortable bed. Friendly staff who go above and beyond to facilitate any additional asks.

I loved it, everything about this hotel is just amazing
    • Superior Room

The view was not great, there was no balcony for the room.. I would like to see the cleaners smile more often

I liked the door man, he was really nice to us.. the concierge was helpful as well.. the bartender in the bar downstairs was really nice as well.. I can’t remember all the staff but honestly they were all amazing.

As a Christmas break it was perfect both its location and the general feel of the hotel.
    • Superior Room

Checking out was a liftle stressful but it was very early and the staff were very apologetic so ok

Staff were very welcoming we were there for Christmas and the staff made it

great location
    • Superior Room

- I have been mistakenly checked in the wrong room .. thus I had a big question mark on their security of guests .. and to make it up for me .. they sent fruits to the room (could have been something better) - the bathroom seemed to be bigger in pictures .. however , the size is not bad .. - attendance of staff is great .. - thought the lobby would be bigger .. - expensive but doesnt ready exceed expectations .

- I requested for cake and roses to be in the room ready prior to check in . and it has been done greatly! - the bed is one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on in London ! - great location would have wanted to stay one/two days more

Overrated
    • Superior Room

The first 3 nights Was horrible ; room was cold and the bed was overused not comfortable at all after that I've moved to another room which was warm and the bed is ina good condition ; also I've forget a power plug while checking out and they didn't call me back to collect it .

Perfect
    • Green Park Suite

My suite was lovely and spacious. Great views over St James's Park. Love the hotel decor. They served free homemade mince pies on the lobby!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Fantastic Location, and Swank to Boot
    • Superior Room

Unfortunately, The Athenaeum has changed the location of their check-in desk. When more than one family checks in or out, the space gets overly crowded and uncomfortable, leaving this guest with a poor first and last impression. This could easily be improved by going back to the former layout.

The Athenaeum is very well situated, within walking distance of Jermyn Street, Piccadilly and Regent Street. Runners will enjoy Green Park, which is right across the street and links to Hyde and Regent Park, for a fabulous loop. Shepherd Market is a few streets away, with wonderful eateries and pubs. High and middle end shopping for men and women within easy walking distance and the tube is a few strides away. Finally, there's a Boots and M & S nearby for grocery and pharmacy needs. Royal Academy of Arts, Fortnum & Mason's, Hatchard's all right around the corner. Love this place!

I liked the look and feel of the hotel.
    • Superior Room

Taking bags from the street to the lobby or vice-versa is difficult as there is no ramp. There is a porter of course but still...

I liked the look and feel of the hotel. The rooms are acceptable in size and quite comfortable. The location is perfect.

Excellent choice
    • Superior Room

Expected more to be offered like shaving kit fruit baskets being a 5 start Hotel

Great location our room didn’t have a view at all only bad part great size and clean

Service from the hotel staff were excellent !
    • Superior Room

I had a very small room at the start with no view - it was difficult to fit in my luggage and walk around. Thankfully the hotel changed the room for me upon request.

Service from the hotel staff were excellent !

Our second visit to Athenaeum - they are getting it right!
    • Superior Room

A warm welcome by Athenaeum's very dapper Doorman; swift efficient lunch in the Galvin Bar, thank you to Richard who made sure our order came pronto as we were heading to the O2 for our daughter's graduation ceremony. We returned for pre dinner drinks and post dinner drinks...!

The room was beautiful, the bed was comfortable.
    • Superior Room

We had an accident - my husband cut his neck pretty badly while he was shaving. He was bleeding heavily for 30-40 mins. It was frightening. I called the reception multiple times but they were ignorant, nobody cared despite I told them we had a serious health issue. They did not have any (!!) first aid kit. They suggested to go to a pharmacy - so if you're alone and have a problem they might not help you. It's not only not nice but might be illegal not to have first aid in the hotel or be that ignorant.

The room was beautiful, the bed was comfortable.

We would do it again. Pricey but location made up for it.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The housekeeping staff was uneven for a few kitchen amenities, like a dish towel. There wasn't one until the last day. A repair for some leaks from the shower had been done before we arrived and the epoxy smell was strong. We were charged for items we did not use from the mini bar, but was settled at check out, a small annoyance.

We used an apt. attached to hotel with a small kitchen, which we used for our own breakfast. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. There was perfect privacy. Plentiful fresh towels.

it was very uncomfortable and was not happy with service or quality considering the price
    • Room with Park View

Cleanliness, staff not friendly, no room temperature control, no value for money, beds very uncomfortable, bathroom extremely small, etc. considering the roomie rate is one of the highest I have seen, they are charging for location only

Location only, door man

Great location excellent staff comfortable hotel
    • Superior Room

Check in / out desk too small and too few staff Unable to open windows / no vent in bathroom

Excellent location great staff comfortable room Maid service excellent Little bottle fresh milk in fridge appreciated nice touch Espa toiletries lovely

Lovely old feel hotel - easy to get everywhere from here.
    • Superior Room

Felt a bit "not a hotel guest" by being put in the townhouse down the side street, rather than in the main hotel - but the rooms were big. Wanted a bath (none) but the shower worked well. Room service food tasty but was not hot, nor were the dishes covered. Tap over the sink in bathroom is very poor design - water flows onto the sink surround, pools and is mouldy.

Central location. Big rooms. Charming staff.

A quality hotel which is a little different in a good way.
    • Green Park Suite

We very much like this hotel. We use quite a few very good London hotels and the Atheneum is a little different. A little less corporate and very personable. The rooms are quite unique and the breakfasts are lovely.

When I arrived the room wasn't setup properly.
    • Deluxe Room

When I arrived the room wasn't setup properly. It had a trundle bed in it so clearly the room wasn't for me or they had messed up my booking. So it was not a good start. They sorted it out and I stayed in that room but I was then unsure if I had what I was supposed to get.

Love London
    • Superior Room

London - a bit noisy at night but windows were very sound tight when shut.

Lovely bed linen and toiletries. Loved the vertical garden. Fabulous area as near Shepherd Market and walking distance of RA, Fortnums etc.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Very bad old hotel
    • Superior Room

This hotel doesn't deserve 5 stars. The floor in the rooms has wood sound when you step on. The toilet is old fashoined. Very small lobby. Their food is too bad.

We felt that the Atheneum was relying on it's location and not taking care of new customers.
    • Superior Room

Biggest grumble was that everything we touched in the rooms had a heavy price tag ! The check in was also quite an unpleasant experience. We have recently stayed at another hotel in London and there were little touches like turning down the beds at night and leaving 2 chocolates on the pillow. Also there was water, milk and a complimentary bottle of beer in the fridge ! It was a breath of fresh air in a city where every step you take carries a charge :(

The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was good although the buffet seemed a little sparse for a 5* hotel.

Convenient and comfortable
    • Superior Room

Beds, bathroom counter/storage space. Door did not always close properly. We came back to our room one day after maid service, and the door was not fully closed and not locked!

The shower was the best I've ever experienced in a hotel!! superb water pressure and temperature. High quality towels. Very minimal counter space in bathroom, though. Although the hotel boasts about it's beds, I was not overly impressed with ours. Good, but not great. Overall experience very good. Very nice cafes in Shepherd Market area which is only a few blocks away.

Lovely
    • Superior Room

Waited for a long time outside to get a drink when we arrived. The waiter kept walking past us looking stressed so went inside to the bar in the end.

The bar was lovely and very friendly staff We were upgraded to a Deluxe room which is was very nice and comfortable. The location was brilliant for us as we were at BST in Hyde Park The doormen were very

Excellent Accomodations in Safe Area
    • Superior Room

Beds were very comfortable after long plane flight. Lovely accomodations. Staff eager to please except for one grumpy lady at the bar who wasn't friendly. Appreciated them seeing to our needs quickly for taxis & anything else we needed. Very quiet room facing away from street. Could use some instructions on how to use the shower & MUCH better instructions on using the Nesso machine.

Breakfast in bed was fabulous!
    • Superior Room

Breakfast in bed was fabulous! All staff were very helpful and professional at all times. Immaculate bathrooms with luxurious products and super comfy beds.. all in all a great hotel!

Only location
    • Superior Room

I reserved a room in the hotel and they give me a small room in the resedent when I asked them to change they said there is no room available and they promised to change next day but they didn't

Only location

Lovely one night break
    • Room with Park View

I would have liked a walk in shower

A warm welcome Efficient check in Wonderfull park view from the bedroom Lovely bar with a very wide & varied drinks list Excellent Restaurant with wonderful food The best breakfast ever with a huge choice catering for all tastes Friendly helpfull staff in every area of the Hotel In a very good location

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Luxury at Hyde Park
    • Superior Room

Excellent service as usual! Warm welcome and friendly conversation as we were taken to our residence. The apartment was spacious, with luxurious linens, very clean and there were good facilities in the room (full kitchen including washer/dryer). Fantastic location for a walk through Hyde Park, places to eat and drink.

Excellent stay in one-bedroom apartment

There was no microwave oven in the kitchen, but otherwise it was very well equipped. And there was no access to the apartments without some steps (difficult with a pram), though staff was very helpful carrying the pram in stairs.

The apartment was an excellent stay for our family with two small children. The staff went to great lengths to make sure we had everything necessary for a perfect stay and we were provided with high chairs, toys, cartoons and even complimentary milk for our children. The breakfast buffet was excellent as well and room service from the same restaurant was great. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will certainly be back.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Convenient location, but mediocre rooms for the price.
    • Superior Room

The walls were so thin that I could hear everything that was happening next store (like drawers opening and closing). Fortunately I was at the end of the hall so I only had one room next to me. Also the light fixtures and decor in my room felt dated. The switch for the lights was by the room, not by the bed. And it took me a while to figure out why the room was so cold, the master switch turn off the lights, but on the AC. Strange. Not a bad stay, but a bit lacking for a boutique hotel.

Nice ambiance, very friendly staff.

Didn't have breakfast Very quiet room ,upgraded wee...
    • Superior Room

Cost was a bit too expensive for the standard of hotel.Was in Mayfair though !!!!

Didn't have breakfast Very quiet room ,upgraded wee birthday cake as a surprise .Lovely staff fab cocktails.

A good choice for non-budget travellers!
    • Superior Room

Our room was a bit noise (noise coming from the AC system) and the temperature regulation did not seem to work very well, as it was always a bit cold inside the room. It's a fine hotel in a fine location, but its price level is also on the high-end side.

Excellent location for this hotel, in a relatively quiet area, just in front of Green Park, but within walking distance of most of the main attractions in London. Rooms are large enough, very modern and comfortable and fully equipped. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good breakfast (especially the British Breakfast).

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Cute hotel in great location
    • Superior Room

Our bathroom smelled liked cigarette smoke the entire time we were there.

I liked having a side entrance and not having to use the lobby. The elevators are very small!

Location - convenient to business venue.

Reception check-in not efficient

Location - convenient to business venue. En-suite calm lighting. Shower spacious & water power. Homelywith fluffy bathrobes

Certainly not worth the money and not very dog friendly!
    • Superior Room

Staff were not friendly and completely ignored us when trying to check in. The check-in process was a shambles, they couldn't find our booking and the first member of staff that served us just walked off and left us waiting for over 20 minutes, very unprofessional. We were also charged 1000 pounds deposit for having our dog stay 1 night, which is ridiculous, surely just a money making scheme.

Well equipped, but small room.

excellent location opposite the park and in walking distance to all shopping ,theatre ,museum areas
    • Superior Room

the lounge is a bit cramped for space

we got an upgrade after we had expressed some disappointment about our room,the entire matter was very professionally resolved with a smile by the duty manager.Very friendly staff and concierges.Very comfortable suite.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Good location.
    • Superior Room

I had to check out early due to a family issue. I didn't like how I was quizzed on why I was checking out so early by one of the reception staff

Good location. Excellent room and good services

Fantastic Hotel
    • Superior Room

Last time we visited the contents of the mini bar (snacks etc) were included in the price of the room. It's a shame that this has changed and is no longer included as it was a real differentiator. Also £250 a night is a lot to not include Breakfast.

Excellent staff in every department

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Excellent Boutique-Like Hotel - Very Omfortable and Stylish
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing to dislike. Very, very good.

Very good location at Hyde Park. Very cozy non corporate style, club-like. Excellent all round. Also has use of car park just behind which is fabulously convenient with 24/7 attendant.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Love it BUT You could do better
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

the staff never smile it didn't make me comfortable at all. The bathrooms were very cold had 2 ask the staff to bring me heating System Electricity socket wasn't working

The location is amazing the flat I was in was very good.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Worst hotel ever !
    • Room with Park View

The place was filthy dirty, ceiling was ripped . When we checked in and saw we asked to check out and for a refund they refused and insisted they charge for 3 nights . a manager on duty called Jamal , the worst hotelier we have ever seen . He was so disrespectful and laughed at what we said when we were complaining about the cleanliness . Made us feel very uncomfortable as guests and he was so rude .

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great for exploring central London
    • Superior Room

Only minor details... was not a fan of the cedarwood-scented bath products, and the fancy stone flooring in the bathroom meant the toilet seat was freezing.

Wonderful room, cosy, nice bathroom and bathtub, nespresso machine, great location within walking distance of Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the Westminster area.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Unpleasant Experience
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed in an apartment which only had internal access to the main hotel via a staff service corridor-not what I expected. The living area was nice if a little dark. The bathroom was tiny and cold. The bedroom stank of cigarette smoke because HOTEL STAFF WERE SMOKING directly underneath our window all night (the window didn't seal properly). So disgusted we left after one night.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

A lovely place to stay
    • Superior Room

It's a very nice and cozy boutique hotel in central London, with fantastic location and view. It's only 5min walk to the Green Park Underground Station, and easy access to most attractions. So ideal for travellers. It's also a very romantic place with nice Green Park view (if you prefer quietness, you could request for rooms not facing the main road), so good choice for couples who would like to celebrate special occasions or just to have a weekend out. It's a bit expensive at full price, but we booked at 40% discount, so feel much more value of money. Would definitely recommend it to young couples or families if you are not constrained by budget.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Exiled to Down Street
    • Superior Room

I stayed in the residence part ( not what I booked). I felt a little exiled from the hotel and in order to get to and from the main lobby I had to use an underground tunnel that is meant for staff. It ruined the effect and made me feel like I was trespassing.

The rooms are big and spacious and bed was so comfy!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Cosmopolitan London Hotel
    • Superior Room

Check in was poor. With the refurbishment, they seem to have done away with a reception desk and staff meet you with an iPad, rather like visiting an Apple Store. It doesn't work, maybe in theory but not practice. Leaving guests with bags in a busy area feeling a bit abandoned. Maybe this is a new way of doing things but in an established five star property, it not expected, it wasn't quicker and it wasn't welcoming. The restaurant was very busy with a great atmosphere and staff were efficient. The food wasn't as good as expected, however, maybe it was just our choices. The chips were amazing though!

Always our favourite London hotel. All the reception floor & frontage recently refurbished and very smart with plush new furnishings. The bar is fabulous, the staff & cocktails were great fun. All the staff especially the doormen were friendly & welcoming as always. Room was clean and smart although small & never not had a park view before, would say they are definitely worth paying extra for. We missed that. Location is perfect, within walking distance of most London spots and close to tube station. Perfect for shopping.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

The hotel concept is more into modernity, the staff has nice...
    • Superior Room

Not convinced enough that the hotel is 5 stars, the lobby lounge is the actual lobby of the hotel with no reception! when entering the hotel there is no specious area reflecting that your entering a 5 stars hotel everything is cozy and next each other. The hotel suffers from employees' shortage during the night shift as I noticed & in general their No. is not too many. I booked superior rooms, but in reality it has nothing related to the represented pictures on web & that was a shock to me & in the beginning I have been provided with rooms outside the main building which was not stated clear in the web about it & the that didn't let me feel comfort, safe & money worthy enough till I have been moved to the main building. Moreover, the connected building needs a true renovations & the management has to give extra attention to it. Superior rooms are not recommended to stay in, they are too small as well as their bathrooms & they are in a bad shape in the connected building.

The hotel concept is more into modernity, the staff has nice attitude & willing to help & I have to thank the management of understanding my needs & trying to meet my expectations & giving me an upgrade to Deluxe category to one of my rooms. Very good housekeeping services.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great Chill-Out
    • Superior Room

Yes I'm perhaps a traditionalist but it lacked a focal point on arrival i.e. No reception. Standing about in a small lobby being checked in on an iPad is not my idea of a welcome. Breakfast is really good quality but fairly expensive.

Very spacious and comfortable room. Loved design features, very nice bar and restaurant area, great location, great staff. Very good food quality.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Disappointing...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

First of all the apartments were basically student living, and had nothing to do with luxury. Everything was outdated and the bathrooms were tiny and weren't cleaned properly. A housekeeping member forced her way into my room and told us she needed to clean the room so that she can finish her shift early, while I was sleeping. The food is something shocking, for a hotel to serve me a raw burger patty, and think that it was acceptable (actually its illegal in the United Kingdom). All I can say is you're better off staying at the Rosewood Hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Bed was comfy and enjoyed the pillow menu ha
    • Superior Room

It wasn't clear in the room breakfast menus that you couldn't order a omellette by itself downstairs in restaurant without paying £27! Plus service charge

Bed was comfy and enjoyed the pillow menu ha

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Wonderful hotel
    • Superior Room

I miss the foliage all out the front! Bar staff seemed pretty depressed :D

This is my Fave central london hotel. Staff are awesome, its my second favourite afternoon tea (sorry the dorchester just pips you but costs more) , its just lovely. I actually had never heard of this hotel until someone I know (cant say who) mystery shopped it years ago and they aced everything. Glad to say every subsequent stay has been lovely. The staff are friendly, efficient and un-pretentious which is amazing for a piccadilly hotel. I'm sorry but over the top airs and graces are just not my thing. Its not the 80's anymore! The bar has now moved but I like the switch, its intimate with good surroundings and the prices aren't excessive either for the location. I didn't give the facilities 100% purely because post refurb I didn't use them all as we had a complimentary room upgrade which I wanted to make the most of! So I cant comment fully. One of my favourite things and I travel a lot for work being a musician is the fact that when asked if I would like my bags taken to the room and I said no its cool as I had a small case, there wasn't that awkwardness. This happens in so many hotels and it really annoys me. They have ESPA toiletries which are my fave. I don't live in london anymore but not far out so never really need to stay but as a treat this is the place. I was working in Mayfair that evening and thought why not. Brilliant hotel!!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Birthday trip to London
    • Superior Room

Lovely hotel in a great location and brilliantly attentive staff, and no complaints at all, just an opinion that the room we had really didn't justify its price but that did not spoil our stay, stayed in a hotel the night before for a third of the price that the room was amazing, just a comment most certainly not a complaint and would stay again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Best balance quality/price
    • Superior Room

Just one thing, but it's a common thing in England: no flexible hose for the shower

Staff is very nice and helpfull Beds are supercomfortable Very Quiet rooms Rather big rooms for London hotels

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

We had a comfortable stay at the Athenaeum.
    • Superior Room

Bar items was too expensive.

comfortable bed. Bathroom was large and clean.

Poor value
    • Superior Room

Bathrooms. Terrible towels. Room design & furnishings poor. No cloths hanging space.

• Superior Room

Great location. Super staff; comfortable bed; great room service. My “go to”hotel in London. 5th visit this year