2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Hertfordshire hotel reviews
  4. Hemel Hempstead hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Aubrey Park Hotel

Reviews of Aubrey Park Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hemel Hempstead Rd, Redbourn, Hemel Hempstead, AL3 7AF, United Kingdom

#13 of 18 hotels in Hemel Hempstead

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Now i really think about it, Nothing.
    • Classic Double Room

Most uncomfortable bed i've ever slept in. The gym is tiny and not well equipped, although the non cardio machines looked new, the rest did not. The breakfast was awful, everything was more or less overcooked and the room was like a sauna, we ate breakfast there once and went out to local cafe for the other 3. The main room in the bar area where we went to watch the football was always cold. The main car park, the permanently only place to park the car is too far from the hotel. The doors around the business rooms need a good clean. The prepaid and pre ordered food was late or even forgotten about completely. this is the 2nd time we have stayed and both times the reception staff were very comfortable in the fact that talking to their friends or delivery people was of more importance than even acknowledging their customers are there.

Now i really think about it, Nothing.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Overnight stay
    • Classic Double Room

There were no caffeinated coffee sachets in thd room. I rang reception to request some but none arrived by the time we left the room 3/4 of an hour later. There were also no toiletries. Plus the main light in the room did not work.

Having reported the shortfalls on our way out all, apart from the failed light, had been rectified by our return 5 hours later.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

uncomfortable and long walk to room

We upgraded from a double room to a room with two beds but we thought that by upgrading that we would get similar size bed to the double instead we upgraded for the smallest thinnest beds ever. What was the point in upgrading?

The Breakfast was nice

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

great really enjoyed my stay and would stay again
    • Classic Double Room

I am being extremely picky about the size of the bathroom, I have a somewhat large frame, so the disabled handle made turning in the shower awkward for me as it was too close to the showerhead

there is very little to say really the hotel was exactly what I would expect of a hotel clean tidy with friendly staff. the gym was a bonus with nice up to date working facilities.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Beautiful hotel but very disappointing experience
    • Classic Double Room

I was overcharged, i did not get a free breakfast and the team were extremely unhelpful both on the night and the morning. It was a real 'computer says no attitude' .

Clean and the rooms were nice

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

The staff very attentive.

The family room was a bit small but for 1 night manageable. Bedding for spare bed had to be requested but all good in end. Thank you

The staff very attentive.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Function in the function suite music vey loud in our room.
    • Classic Double Room

Function in the function suite music vey loud in our room. Have stayed before when function on but in a different part of hotel where noise not noticeable. Think hotel should check if booking is in connection with function and if not allocate room on others use of hotel.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

On the whole good with minor disruption was at a party so used to stay for one night would use again
    • Classic Double Room

Our room next to lift this was ok .People coming in late at night quite noisy walking along corridor outside our room.Window overlooked rear of kitchen.

Attending a party nearby so location good clean and tidy only stayed for one night .

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Don’t stay here if you like your sleep
    • Classic Double Room

Everything from miserable staff to paper thin walls. No sleep because you could hear everything everyone was saying in both rooms either side of ours.

Ok
    • Classic Double Room

The shower would leak when in use, which meant the floor was soaking. The grout had also turned black in the shower. I also found the mattress to be hard and the room had a stale smell.

Pretty grounds

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Exactly as described on the tin and perfect location and price for my needs.
    • Classic Double Room

The fire alarm went off a couple of times in the night - that was a bit annoying but at least it was working!

I was put in a room at the back of the hotel at my request and that was lovely and quiet. The bed was super comfy and i liked having facilities to make a cuppa in the morning. The shower was just the right power with the added bonus (which you dont sometimes get ) of having shampoo and shower gel. It was also a fantastic price in comparison to everything else around Hatfield, Hitchin etc

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

No designated parking for people who've paid to stay...
    • Classic Double Room

No designated parking for people who've paid to stay there, meant when there was a Christmas party on that we had to circle around for ages and find somewhere to park after a long day of travelling. A fire alarm went off at 1am too which nearly gave us a heart attack.

Never again!
    • Classic Double Room

Screaming unsupervised children tripping guests up for fun near to the disabled ramp. bar area floor was filthy littered with food remnants. Bar food was over cooked, gammon was as tough as old boots - restaurant unavailable. Residents swearing, arguing and crying in the corridor after a domestic in the function room Fire alarm went off twice in the early hours with no staff available at reception to clarify if it was a genuine fire. Mouldy dirty carpet outside our door (room 171) clearly from the leaking shower.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Privacy of small corridor.
    • Classic Double Room

Getting lost in rabbit Warren corridors. We could hear very clearly a chap next door coughing and sneezing a lot on second night. Towels and even soap replaced after first night which is wasteful and not environmentally friendly.

Privacy of small corridor. Accessibility to car park and adjacent field for dog walking. Cleanliness. Location great for us visiting friends in St Albans and Chipperfield.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Absolutely nothing.
    • Classic Double Room

It was quite possibly the worst combination of mattress, pillow and duvet I have ever encountered. Just all round cheap uncomfortable products. Also the “garden view” is a patch of grass courtyard overlooking further rooms looking back at you - no privacy when curtains open. Paint work and interior is tired and dated, and even peeling away in bathroom. We literally spent the night and left - sorry but it’s not that hard to make some simple changes / improvements.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Just bad in every way!
    • Classic Double Room

Their was no hot water... And they changed me rooms but I asked for a room with a bath. They changed my room and I ended up with no bath got promised that the hot water would be back on in a hour and hours later I still didn't hear nothing. To the point I had to get a refund and look else where. Should of told me their was no hot water...before I booked. When I specify needed hot water as I was on a business trip. Then I felt like I was ignored as no one let me know about the water I had to walk to the reception multiple times.

The area was nice.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Great 😀
    • Classic Double Room

The price is a bit out of my range and there were cheaper places nearby, but I was treating myself.

Staff was friendly and professional ! Very quirky layout! I am glad I am not disabled ! Lots of twists and turns and stairs . But for me , it was fun ! If work brings me back to this area , I will stay here again !

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Good value for money
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is used by coach parties and on both mornings i was woken at about 5am with doors opening and closing by guests leaving early. So better sound proofing might have helped

we were there for an after funeral reception. they have lovely bright and modern function room/ annexe with its own bar and toilets. rest of the hotel was fine, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

adequate

Bedroom was too hot and we were unable to regulate ourselves. And the food was awful in the bar, although it was around 11pm

.Good location and easy to find.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Enjoyed every minute of my short stay!
    • Classic Double Room

My room was great I didn't bring my slippers could have done with more hovering. Apart from that I enjoyed my short-stay. I requested a quiet room and got it!

Staff were very helpful, both the day and night as I arrived very late from an Event I had come to attend. Breakfast was great and would definitely stay there again in the future, value for money.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Very nice property in a secluded area, peaceful and quiet.
    • Suite

It was lacking in some amenities like a swimming pool, indoor sports hall with games, a little bit pricey and no complimentary breakfast, but on the whole a beautiful place for rest and relaxation.

Very nice property in a secluded area, peaceful and quiet.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Staff were nice, breakfast was satisfying
    • Classic Double Room

Bit of a Labrynth, directions to rooms very poorly signed, literally took 15 minutes to find room, regularly passing other guests having the same problem

Staff were nice, breakfast was satisfying

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Pleasant enough but not ‘special’ in any way.
    • Classic Double Room

Some items missing from the hospitality tray in the room and bathroom we had to go to reception for milk etc as there was no one available to bring it and we were as far from reception as it was possible to be! Very little choice of cooked items or type of eggs at breakfast (fried only) which is self serve and a major dislike of mine!

Nice surroundings, friendly staff. Clean room.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Very clean room excellent power shower big bed and...
    • Classic Double Room

No fridge you used to get a choice of different types of tea

Very clean room excellent power shower big bed and comfortable great and knowledgeable staff on reception 12pm check out was also useful so you don't have to rush after your breakfast.

Perfect for our needs!
    • Classic Double Room

A "you are here" map in a few places could be helpful as the corridors look quite similar until you get to know the place.

The location is great for St Albans and west Herts towns. The hotel was clean and welcoming, and the staff were very friendly and helpful, fulfilling all our additional requests (e.g. cold drinking water and extra milk) speedily and with a smile. It was very handy to be able to adjust the radiator temperature in the room. Overall, great value!

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Reasonably priced, expensive breakfast (which we did not have), hotel needs a bit of tlc.
    • Classic Double Room

The shower tiles had mildew, the bathroom door was rotten on the bottom, there was no shower cap. The pillows on the bed were a tad unforgiving but the room appeared clean although the table in the reception needed dusting. The room should have nets or a pale blind for privacy.

Lovely reception and staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Super location for The Harry Potter studio your.
    • Classic Double Room

The drinks in the bar were expensive but the bar staff were friendly.

The staff were very friendly and the room was clean. Check in and out was quick and easy. Lots of facilities and room service available. It was a good distance from the Warner Brothers studio your - The making of Harry Potter.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Lovely stay, in a lovely hotel, in a lovely part of the country :-)
    • Classic Double Room

To be fair, there was nothing about the place my wife and I didn't like. We was only there for one night, but everything was great.

The staff and hotel exceeded our expectations. Very helpful and the room was lovely, bed was comfy and really couldn't fault anythiing about our stay. Would I stay again ....... Yes. Would I recommend ........... Yes.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

If you have a pooch this is definitely a no brainier!
    • Classic Double Room

From start to finish we had such a lovely stay. All the staff I interacted with seemed genuinely friendly & happy to be there. This is the most pet friendly hotel I have ever stayed in. They are happy to see the dogs & make you feel so welcome. The meadow for walking you dog is absolutely brilliant & is safe & secure to let them run off lead. I ordered room service & the burger I ordered was the best I’ve eaten in a long time. The only disappointment was the pillows- they were quite flat & hard, but the towels were thick & luxurious. If you have a pooch this is definitely a no brainier!

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Lovely. Bar and food was expensive.
    • Classic Double Room

Since I last stayed 2 years ago it has been completely altered. My stay then was awful as was dirty, disabled room was given to me and my 7 year old daughter with only a shower. This visit was 100 times better. Previous stays had always been good.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Definetly be staying again. Loved it!
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing was all absoutely amazing.

The people at the desk were very welcoming. The room was very clean, comfortable bed and nice layout. Food was gorgeous couldn't fault anything and staff were very attentive.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Nice But Things to Work on
    • Classic Double Room

the room a long way away from reception - a really long walk up and down stairs. Also, the room was really warm, even thought there were no radiators on in the room. we had to leave the window open which is fine, but that could only be opened a bit (for security purposes). Also, and most importantly, the staff weren't very attentive. it was the kind of place that i felt we were putting them out by asking for things and there weren't many smiles or acknowledgement to guests. The feel of the hotel wasn't very welcoming in my view. The nicest person we encountered was the chap sweeping up outside upon us leaving.

location was excellent and price was ok

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Dated room
    • Classic Double Room

Dated room Too close to M1 Road noise Newer dull building containing most of the hotel’s rooms at back of hotel very different from the older building with character at front used for marketing purposes

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

THE HOTEL HAD A WEDDING ON THE SAT NOT A PROBLEM FOR US,BUT...
    • Classic Double Room

THE HOTEL HAD A WEDDING ON THE SAT NOT A PROBLEM FOR US,BUT BREAKFAST THE NEXT DAY WE HAD TEA OUT OF A FLASK,THINK THEY COULD HAVE GIVEN THE GUESTS TEA POTS,TEA FROM THE FLASKS WAS STEWED.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Very relaxing weekend
    • Classic Double Room

There wasn’t anything we did not like.

Staff very friendly and helpful. My husband has mobility problems and as soon as we arrived at reception and saw my husband they immediately said the room they had allocated would not be ideal for him and allocated a more suitable room. Situated in lovely grounds. Very clean and food was excellent.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

The windows can open fully - key in the security lock.
    • Classic Double Room

It’s a bit of a maze if you get a room in the outer parts.

The windows can open fully - key in the security lock. Much preferred this to being treated like a small child.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Good for a stop over, restaurant could be better
    • Classic Double Room

Hotel restaurant wasn't that great. It was moderately expensive, but a lot of the food was clearly frozen packaged stuff... frozen peas, frozen garlic bread, defrosted deserts. It would be better if their menu was less fancy but more fresh produce. Room was a little tired. No air conditioning - just a fan.

Decent hotel in a leafy country situation. Helpful staff. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Disappointing and
    • Executive Double Room

Price- colleagues stayed for £85 per night, mine was £124. Didn’t find this out until I’d left. Food was disappointing and was overcharged. Eaton mess is not a wine glass of cream, a few strawberries and meringue sprinkled on top. Shower drain was blocked so shower tray flooded Seal around the shower tray was broken. Loose tiles in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Lovely location, easy to find with plenty of parking.
    • Classic Double Room

There was a wedding on the day booked, so had to wait a while for our meal once ordered and where our room was situated could hear the disco.

Lovely location, easy to find with plenty of parking. Good size clean rooms and nice bathroom and powerful shower.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

The rude staff manager on duty when we checked in.
    • Classic Double Room

The rude staff manager on duty when we checked in. Very obtuse and had very little knowledge of the word “hospitality “. The payment policy of taking debit card authorisation that takes the room amount immediately from your account and also an extra £50 holding deposit. On check out the desk manager did not understand why this happened. Poor.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Very enjoyable- would stay again.
    • Classic Double Room

Parking was a struggle as it was very busy,but have stayed before and not experienced any issues. Slight confusion to find the room (288) as although it was on the 2nd floor couldn't get to it using the lift, spent a fair bit of time having to walk fully around the 2nd floor to find we had to go back down and start again, however once we found it the room was very adequate and comfortable.

Bed very comfortable, staff helpful and friendly. Very quiet, wasn't disturbed by any noise even though there was a wedding taking place and the hotel was very busy. 24 hour room service was good, food very pleasant and still warm when it arrived to our room.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Generally very good indeed.
    • Executive Double Room

The wedding party that clumped up and down the corridors all night. Not enough parking places to accommodate wedding and normal guests.

Great breakfasts. Very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

The room was small but neat and very comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is a distance away from the main shopping centre in Hemel Hempstead so that meant I had to use a taxi cab to travel around instead of being able to walk or use public transportation.

The room was small but neat and very comfortable. The breakfast was good, with a reasonable variety of options. I would definitely recommend Aubrey Hotel.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Stuck in the 90’s
    • Classic Double Room

AC would have been great - so hot had to open window... on ground floor / cars passing / fumes from cars / people walking past etc... no power sockets next to bed. Had to borrow power lead to plug CPAP machine in... embarising.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Looked good nice and clean.
    • Classic Double Room

A large collection of lady birds above room door, had to ask twice for this to be removed! Staff said it was time of year, which is fair enough but they still should be removed as they were discharging fluid. Wedding so was put to the back of hotel for noise, car park was full due to wedding... maybe an area should be reserved for guests?! Arriving back late to find nowhere to park and then to pop my tyre on some unknown object in the car park topped it off!!! Pleasant hotel, few minor details!

Looked good nice and clean.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

Great dog friendly base.
    • Classic Double Room

Noise from m1 but double glazing was effective.

Ease of parking car close to accommodation as car parking in 2 places. Field for dog walking straight from hotel and with spotlight for late walk. Provided bed, bowl and treats for dog.

Nice setting.
    • Classic Double Room

Portion sizes at breakfast were quite small. Reception did not seem to be informed that the hotel received a 2 out of 5 hygiene rating by food standards in April 18 and were thus not in a good position to deal with questions/allay fears. Internet was not available the night we stayed

Nice setting.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Functional. Friendly staff made it okay.

Motorway noise. Bedroom was supposed to be first floor but due to sloping site was actually lower ground floor. Just all looked tired. Frustratingly, it was not practical to walk to nearby village as it was a very uninviting main road.

Staff were really helpful and have kindly sent on a book my husband left behind. They brought fresh milk to the room for tea.

Pleasant Hotel
    • Classic Double Room

The first room we were given overlooked a large air conditioning unit and was noisy. Luckily we were early and able to change to a quieter room overlooking a field. Anyone booking this hotel should be aware that it caters for coach parties.

This hotel ticked the box for a convenient place to stay for our visit to the Harry Potter Experience. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Location was convenient and 24 hour reception.

Confusion over booking and breakfast included.one room was well worn and beds were not particularly comfortable.

Location was convenient and 24 hour reception.

A very enjoyable stay.

Nothing !!

The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Our room was well thought out and the bed was extremely comfortable - we both slept very well. We also enjoyed our breakfast - hot buffet with a good choice. There is also ample on-site free parking.

Convenient for st albans. Plenty of parking. Checkout 12 am
    • Classic Double Room

Not enough directions how to get to the reception area when you leave your bedroom. Finding the room took longer than. expected. Not enough milk in the room for an extra coffee.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Once we were put into another room the stay was fine. Ask for a room at the back on the second floor
    • Classic Double Room

Our room had a strange smell that we could not identify but we thought never mind. Once we tried to get to sleep there was a constant loud humming, buzzing noise that continued all night. It kept us awake most of the night. The strange smell I identified was an air freshener behind the bedside drawers masking the smell of rot on the carpet. The carpet had fungal growth and smelt revolting. I am sure that would be a health hazard especially if a guest suffered from some kind of respiratory complaint.

Helpful staff when we required a room change. Just had to ask and it was sorted out then and there. Our bags were moved for us into the new room.

Never again.
    • Classic Double Room

Ultra-hard bed gave me the most terrible back pain after every sleep. Receptionist was not able to tell me the correct way to the room. The walkway to the room was very long and leads over two mandatory staircases with no option of taking an elevator. The hotel has no air conditioning so the rooms on second level were very warm even if the nights already were quite cold. Breakfast has a very small selection for being quite expensive.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

Good stay for a wedding we were attending at a reasonable price.
    • Classic Double Room

We were in a room near the noisy bar/wedding or events venue so getting to sleep was a little difficult but I believe the music went off just after 12ish. It was also a long way to the room through a maze of corridors. Easy to get lost.

Food in the bar was good. Cleanliness of hotel room good. Good to be able to park the car nearby. Staff all seemed friendly and helpful. Food in restaurant was good. Needed a taxi booked to get to the wedding we were going to locally and this was done for us the day before we arrived and everything with the pick up went smoothly.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Very comfortable & clean rooms, service not great, and I wouldn't eat there again...
    • Classic Double Room

Reception on check in really not great, despite booking well in advance when I arrived was told the room wasn't available and had to wait quite a while for them to decide what to do. Felt uncomfortable and a bit like it was my issue! Food in the bar was genuinely terrible, and I rarely/never give poor feedback, definitely not worth the money.

Room got upgraded when I arrived. Very comfortable and spacious. Location is very handy for work.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Less than average, will not stay there again.
    • Classic Double Room

The lady on the reception desk needs to understand the work of a receptionist, it is to smile meet and greet, not treat you as if you are another inconvenience who has just walked in. The shower in the room looked stylish, but the curved glass end did not stop water leaking onto the floor.

Not a lot, the hotel was a warren, and you had to walk up stairs down stairs and along corridors to your room, which was on the ground floor.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Noisy!

The other guests! There was shouting & banging all through the night. Wouldn't it be possible to warn people arriving in the middle of the night from the airport that there are people trying to sleep along all the corridors?

The shower was excellent. The room was clean & comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Very nice holiday stay.

For me, nothing at all.

Fine hotel in beautiful park, very near to my destination Redbourn, Herts. Quiet, comfortable room with good beds and bathroom. Excellent restaurant with fine kitchen. Friendly staff. Easy to get at, and ample parking space.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Let down by rude woman.

There was a very rude woman on reception when we checked in. My friend went to ask for extra pillows, which we requested on the booking. The woman insisted there were some in the cupboard (there was only 1) and wouldn’t listen to my friend telling her otherwise. I then rang up reception to ask again and she made it sound like I was greatly inconveniencing her and again insisted there was some in the cupboard. To which I replied there was one and we needed more. She huffed and asked how many we wanted. I then dared to ask for a toothbrush! Luckily the nice gentleman delivered them to our room so we didn’t have to deal with her again. Such a shame as the other staff were so lovely! I would also say that the toiletries weren’t great for a four star hotel. There was also a lot of dead flies on the ceiling in the bathroom which was a little odd.

Most of the staff were lovely and the gentleman who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. Parking was good, we came a little late but still managed to get a decent parking spot.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Good breakfast and bar food.

The room was a long way from the reception and restaurant. Not convenient for carrying luggage and steps to our room. Difficult with luggage. Too far.

Good breakfast and bar food.

Very enjoyable
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast wasn’t kept stocked quickly enough. There was a wedding on the night we stayed and our room was located right next to it and was very noisy. Thankfully the staff were very helpful in swapping rooms but it is something to be aware of.

Lovely location and rooms very comfortable.

Nice size rooms.
    • Classic Double Room

Food, although very nice, was expensive for an out of London hotel. And I personally don't like these short baths that a lot of hotels seem to use nowadays.

Nice size rooms. Lots of parking spaces. Hotel and rooms very clean..

Disappointed not up to its 4 star rating
    • Classic Double Room

Bedrooms pokey Extremely long trek to room Emergency exits open all night Non clearing of glasses and plates from lounge bar Unavailabilty of travel adaptor throughout stay No walking routes or trails suggested nor any maps Walks were discovered by self and there were several public footpaths which could have been suggested.

Pleasant Hotel to stay in
    • Classic Double Room

Coffee sachets supplied in the rooms did not make a nice cup of coffee. Bathroom toiletries were 2 x shampoo and conditioner and small bar of soap... need to make better provision for hotel guests.

Loved the very large white fluffy bath towel. The bed was extremely comfortable. Lovely English Breakfast Buffet style but everything freshly cooked. Coffee at breakfast time very good.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

generally ok although breakfast wasn't as good as previous stays.
    • Classic Double Room

we had two rooms booked and for the second stay in a row one of the rooms on the ground floor failed to to have a lock on the window. To have this happen once is one thing twice is poor maintenance

staff remembered me.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

It pays to ask questions!
    • Classic Double Room

On our arrival, after a 12 hour journey including dropping our daughter off at university, all we wanted to do was relax and have a good night's sleep before visiting family in the area the following day. A quiet room was requested on arrival. We only arrived after 5pm. What we didn't know was that a wedding and a coach of tourists were also staying in the hotel. I really wish we had been advised about this before/on booking. The advert of 'set in peaceful surroundings' etc was in this case misleading. Our room faced the wedding reception area. Where an evening of music (very loud) and lights and noise was constant until midnight. Breakfast service was poor and unattentive. Don't get the impression staff enjoy their jobs. Which is very sad. We chose the wrong hotel. Please, as a much appreciated courtesy, let people know when large events are taking place. This should apply to all large hotels.

That they now have the chance to do better.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Staff were very friendly and welcoming, especially the night...

There was a rust patch in the bath and lack of water pressure in the shower in the morning.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming, especially the night staff when we were hungry! Bed was comfy and towels were fluffy.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Aubrey Park Hotel, junction 9/M1
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing to dislike. Maybe the rather clunky wi-fi was a bit irritating. But not very. And there was nothing el se. All

Location excellent for me. Rooms entirely adequate. Restsurant good, bar meals good (coffee and tea overpriced though), everything clean and well maintained. We've stayed whenever we've been in the área and Will continúe to do so.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Very old and destroyed beds.

Very old and destroyed beds. We stayed in a suite and overpaid to stay in what was basically a 18th century bed which was sliding to the left. The extra bed was so overused you could feel all the springs.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Overall a little disappointing.

Cleanliness could be improved, the room had a piece of fruit on the floor and the bathroom floor tiles were broken. Food on the restaurant floor, which was there the next morning and a breakfast that could only be described as adequate.

Nice place in a good location. The restaurant service and food was excellent, although for this type of Hotel it was expensive.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

The location for our party was good.

It is not a 4 star hotel. The rooms weren’t ready, there were dirty towels and linen on the landings. The rooms were not particularly clean. They had an issue with staff not arriving but the management should have got involved and helped out. The staff with the exception of a waiting staff Dan were miserable and not helpful. Reception called a cab for us. We were charged £25 for a 10 minute ride as a set price. We weren’t informed it would be a set price until arrival at destination. We called our own taxi on the way home and it was over £10 cheaper. Food in the bar was barely warm. I really don’t know how they have got a 4star rating. Spare bed for my 4 year old was a slated zed bed that was so uncomfortable she ended up in with us even my husband couldn’t sleep in it. One of the worst places I’ve stayed in.

The location for our party was good.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Dog friendly
    • Classic Double Room

Fire exits left open every night! Not very secure, anyone could just walk in. Carpets throughout could do with a good clean Some of the rooms were quite a walk.. up and down stairs

Dog friendly

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

comfortable and friendly
    • Classic Double Room

Worst veg curry ever - bland, tasteless, watery and veg were undercooked. To make it worse, a large bowl of curry was served with TWO tablespoons of rice. It was shocking. I complained and thankfully, they gave me pasta as a replacement and that was great - really tasty.

comfy beds, nice view from window and very friendly staff

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Beautiful honeymoon and first anniversary
    • Classic Double Room

Spent honey moon here last year came bk for 1st anniversary and was a beautiful surprise waiting for us rose petals all over bed x break fast the best

We Price Match