Reviews of Autumn Leaves Guest House 3 stars

29 Broad Street, Windermere, LA23 2AB, United Kingdom

#60 of 78 B&Bs and Inns in Windermere

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Nice location, close to bus and railway stations.
    • Standard Single Room

Nice location, close to bus and railway stations. The room was not large but cozy and clean. Everything you need are provided as well as an independent bathroom. The host was friendly and willing to help, not mention his excellent English breakfast! I have to say that it was much better than I expected earlier, Absolutely worth the price!~o(〃'▽'〃)o

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The lakes not to be missed

Moor sunshine

Rob and Sara. We’re most accommodating and friendly very helpful, noligable of the area ,and could point you in the right direction for food drinks and trips ,

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

A very enjoyable 1 night stay in a clean B&B with friendly hosts in an excellent location.

The B&B was in an excellent location, it was clean and the hosts were friendly & helpful. The room was quite small but we had expected this due to the price we were paying and the location we were in, however, it was perfectly adequate for our needs and overall it was good value for money. We would recommend Autumn Leaves !

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Windermere stay..
    • Standard Single Room

I was charged for the 2nd morning breakfast which I didn't have.. thought it was a bit off that he didn't reply to my email either..

Location was good.. room and shower basic but good..

Loved our stay in a most idilyic place and accommodation

Nothing negative to report

Rob and Sara delightful hosts, warm and friendly. Rob gave us handy travel ideas for our stay. Breakfast: great choices and cooked breakfast perfect, especially eggs. Beautiful room with a view and easy to locate free parking on street. Windemere is besutiful and the b&b enhanced our stay. Reasonable rates.

Warm and friendly

I liked that the accommodation was clean and comfortable. Rob and Sarah are lovely and nothing was any bother for them. They're very knowledgeable about the area and places of interest. Very good Breakfast.

Disappointingly cramped room where we were treated as numbers not guests

The small room, the tiny bed with bumpy mattress, the absence of the hosts on our arrival and on our first morning, the indifference they treated us with on our second and fortunately last day.

Both me and my grandson (aged 12) enjoyed it very much. So much to see and do to suit everyone.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was lovely and very well cooked. Eggs perfect and mushrooms very tasty. We were made to feel very welcome. The location is very good indeed.

Excellent breakfast
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was a bit small. Not the owner's fault; it's a very old building!

Excellent breakfast Courteous, friendly staff Room was clean and well maintained

Prefect accomodation, highly recommend it!
    • Standard Single Room

Very welcoming comfortable guest house. Spotlessly clean, comfortable, beautifully decorated rooms. Rob and Sara were lovely. I would thoroughly recommend this place and will definitely book again.

Great location, accommodating hosts, and the best breakfast I've ever had!
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower could be more powerful, but that's just personal preference. I honestly can't think of anything else that could be improved.

The room felt more spacious than other twin rooms I've stayed in and the temperature was great! The breakfast here was the best I've had at a B&B. I don't usually eat the mushrooms in a Full English, but these were so good that I asked the host how he cooked them! The hosts were very friendly and accommodating, and couldn't do enough for us. For example, the friend that I stayed with was vegan, and they bought food especially. The chocolate bunny on Easter Sunday was also a nice touch. In terms of location, this B&B is ideal. It's just a 2 minute walk to the high street in Windermere, and a short bus ride from the slightly larger Bowness-on-Windermere, and the lake. Though we actually walked it.

Due to lack of sleep and a very cramped room I would not return

The room was very small, the bed was very small and not very comfortable due to being under a window that was very drafty, both myself and partner did not sleep well. The breakfast was disappointing with how much was on the plate for £90 a night.

Sara was lovely and very welcoming although she did get my name wrong upon arrival.

Great stay at Autumn Leaves

Excellent location, very close to the train station and at a nice 20 minute walking distance from the lake. The bus station is also 2 minutes away if you don't want to walk down to lake Windermere. The rooms are small but very clean and cosy. The hosts were also very helpful providing recommendations on where to eat and the best places to go and see.

Enjoyable staff in a great location

The host were very welcoming felt homely. The breakfast was perfect cooked well and plenty to eat or drink. The room was warm and cosy would stay agaib

Autumn leaves
    • Standard Single Room

The property is clean and comfortable. Breakfast excellent. The hosts were friendly and attentive. This b&b is a class above what you would expect and beats a lot of branded hotels.

Our 2 night stay was excellent.
    • Standard Twin Room

Rob and Sara were excellent hosts, very welcoming and informative about the area. They were helpful with suggestions on where to visit, eat and drink. Nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely recommend this guest house.

Clean and well situated but wouldn't stay again as room was cramped and cold.

Not much selection for breakfast i.e. no fresh fruit salad or grapefruit option, room was very cramped and cold although the owner did eventually supply an additional heater by the second evening

Owners were quite helpful and friendly

Just about okay.

Can not take showers after 10pm, can only have breakfast between 8am and 8:45 am, no toilet roll in room. other than that okay.

Beds comfy, great location, rooms cosy.

Not a great experience.
    • Standard Twin Room

Cramped bedroom, cramped bathroom. Awful shower which continually went hot and cold. Faulty shower head. Room was slightly damp. Room needed redecorating. Complimentary toiletries consisted of a reused tube of cheap shower gel. Unlit bulb in bathroom. Shoddy fittings and steam damaged mirror frame. Worst of all, the room was not changed for the second night leaving us short of tea, coffee and milk which we went out to buy. There was no one at home to replace them.

Friendly staff. Lovely cooked breakfast.

Lovely place to stay in the beautiful Lake District
    • Standard Single Room

Rob and Sara were so welcoming and friendly, always happy to give advice on the surrounding area. Breakfast was delicious! Rooms were clean and comfortable. Windermere and the nearby neighbourhoods of Bowness and Ambleside were delightful, I'll be back!

Lovely little B&B central to Windermere village and only...
    • Standard Single Room

Lovely little B&B central to Windermere village and only a short walk from the train station. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the lakes and this property was a perfect base.

wonderful accommodation which only enhanced our short break

Steep stairs We both have arthritis and as we get older find steep stairs a bit of a climb but this wasn't to much of a problem Positives deffinatley outweigh the slight negative

Very clean Nicely decorated Great breakfast Caters for vegitarians Great central location Lovely hosts, nothing to much trouble

Great base , great location and great host .
    • Standard Single Room

Very good host Sara and Rob , very welcoming and helpful . Only 1 minute walk to town center , 5 mins walk to rail station , where you can also get buses to various destinations around the Lake District . Bowness center and the lake is only just over a mile away . I am a lone traveler and love waking and dnt drive this was a great base to cover all the walks I wanted to do ,

I've said it all. Excellent

The room was very comfortable and the bed superb. Breakfast was great - loads of quality food served promptly with a smile. Rob and Sarah were very helpful in their advice regarding the eating houses in the town and their recommendations were really useful and accurate. I don't think that we could have found a more friendly, value for money, or comfortable establishment anywhere. Thank you - we'll be back.

Excellent stay for single traveller
    • Standard Single Room

Owners were welcoming, helpful and extremely pleasant. Breakfast was superb. Single room was small, but well priced. Place was centrally located. Enjoyed my stay and would recommend.

Our stay was okay but I would not return simply because of cramped space.

The room was very small but clean. One could just about get around the bed. No room for chair so had to sit on the bed.

Comfortable bed, clean room. Central location to Winder-mere. Some good restaurants and cafes nearby. Friendly staff and helpful.

Worth a visit

There was nothing we didn't like it catered to own needs for the weekend

Owners were so friendly . Called us all by our names . Nothing too much bother .

Pricey for a tiny twin room
    • Standard Twin Room

We booked last minute, so not a lot of accommodation was available in Windermere. However, I think the room was overpriced, £90 for a tiny twin attic room. All fixture and fitting in the room felt cheap with no frills. Beds were not very comfortable. Breakfast room was a little too small for the number of guests.

Owner was friendly, room was clean. Fresh fruit for breakfast.

Friendly staff great breakfast

Rooms were small but we were aware of this and we're out and about so size didn't really matter to us

Warm and welcoming staff very clean and comfortable rooms with a fabulous breakfast great price for an overnight stay

Cosy, friendly, peaceful guesthouse..
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing really..oh except like the same as most rooms in guesthouses not enough accessible plug sockets and none near the mirror to plug hairdryer into to do my hair..but i managed just fine...

The guest house was cosy..very clean room..small but 2 of us managed just fine..wonderful velux window so you can lie on the bed and look at the stars...it was so quite and peaceful..lovely park across the road..5 min walk to sainsburys and the village centre..the hosts were friendly and kind...and provided a wonderful tasty breakfast..

Lovely B and B in centre of Windermere
    • Standard Single Room

Very friendly proprietor - helpful and very welcoming Breakfast great - they mad porridge for me and they had fresh fruit and yoghurt Good coffee

Lovely guesthouse run by genuine people!
    • Standard Single Room

Rob was very welcoming and went out of his way to make sure I was happy and comfortable. Breakfast was great - especially loved the fresh berries and fruit! The room was clean, comfortable and secure with a separate but private bathroom.

The proprietors are very freindly and welcoming.

There was nothing not to like. It is a relatively small guest house/B&B and does what it "says on the tin" very well.

The proprietors are very freindly and welcoming. We enjoyed are stay immenseley and the breakfast is great ! Bowness is a short walk away if you wish to explore outside of Windermere village.

Excellent accomodation
    • Standard Single Room

It is quite centrally situated in the city, with less than 10 minutes walk from the train station. Semi buffet with traditional English breakfast is delicious. The room is cozy and confortable with overlooking the beautiful flowers. It is amazing. Rob is a super kind host who gave me valuable information about how to get to the main attractions. He replied and helped whatever I asked and needed. It is wonderful. The guest house is highly recommended.

Nice breakfast
    • Standard Single Room

The wifi didn't work at all during my stay there and the proprietors were unavailable to see about it on the afternoon I checked in. The room is quite small, which I realise is probably on par for the price in this part of the world, but a tiny room is still a tiny room. Some of the furnishings were a bit old too - the bed was very creaky and made it slightly difficult to sleep. The ensuite bathroom was down the end of the corridor too - I can't remember if this was stipulated or not when I booked. The bathroom was nice and clean though, so no real issues.

The breakfast was the best aspect of my stay at Autumn Leaves; the dining room itself is lovely and the breakfast itself was one of the better ones I've had at an English B&B. The couple who run the B&B are also very friendly and nice to deal with.

Homely atmosphere.

Maybe the option to have breakfast later on sunday, but it may have been possible if we'd asked. Overall happy.

Homely atmosphere. Welcoming, friendly owners. All facilities provided. Vegetarian cooked breakfast.

Great place in the Lake District

The bed was a little on the soft side, but this is personal preference. Otherwise, maybe the weather...?

The location was great, 5 minutes from windermere train station and busses to the rest of the Lake District, a great place to start walks in any direction. Access to swimming pool/spa/gym facilities was also included and was very good. The breakfast was great, with a lot of choice - fruit, cereal and pastries, with a cooked breakfast also offered. Rob and Sara were very friendly too!

Lovely welcome from Sara, good breakfast and really warm,...
    • Standard Twin Room

Tiny minor complaint but our beds were extremely squeaky which kept waking us up!

Lovely welcome from Sara, good breakfast and really warm, friendly and helpful service.

Easter Weekend Away

Just a minor blip with central heating but they'd had work done the previous week and soon got it sorted :-)

Sara & Rob were the perfect hosts The Guest house is clean and the breakfast was superb Location is spot on too! We will definitely return when we next holiday at the Lakes Keep up the good work and thank you :-)) X

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Lovely place, nice people and next to town

Rusty bathroom fittings let overall feeling down a tad! Lack of free parking options-parkng fees upped the overall costs for staying.

Warm welcome, friendly hosts. Great location. Cosy room + Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

The owners were lovely and made a delicious breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

The wifi stopped working at night the night we were staying.

The owners were lovely and made a delicious breakfast. The room was cosy and comfy and had everything you needed. The location was within walking distance of shops and restaurants and a short drive to the closest lakeside walk.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Centrally located b&b
    • Standard Twin Room

Came in late after being out all day and needed to have my shower but there is a notice prohibiting taking a shower after 10 pm in order not to disturb other guests!

Great location for train station.Run by a couple who are quite accommodating and helpful.

Great b&b in a perfect location

The bed was very comfortable & our room had a lovely big skylight window - giving us a good feeling of sleeping under the stars. The cooked full English breakfast was very good . Everything was great for us and Autumn Leaves location was perfect within easy walking to shops & restuarants. A big thank you to our hosts Rob & Sarah.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Two Night Escape from Liverpool
    • Standard Single Room

That I had to eventually leave..😞

Nice and quiet, well maintained and a nice nights sleep. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Comfy bed and the breakfast was class, the host was friendly and helpful

Enjoyable
    • Standard Twin Room

We were in the attic which was hard for my husband who has had lung cancer so steps are a problem

It was clean and the owners were very friendly

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good for a short stay

Had attic room with skylight above bed. Very noisy when it rained.

A good location near the centre

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The host is too mean.
    • Standard Twin Room

The host is too mean. Breakfast is charged extra money. It is not worth.

The room was lovely and clean and overall good value for...

The room was lovely and clean and overall good value for money. Owners were friendly and attentive and made helpful suggestions.

Good location Friendly staff

Great stay, ideal for stop overs.

One room was quite small

Very clean, comfortable. Friendly staff.

Everything the staff and the location perfect👍🏼

Can’t find anything

Everything the staff and the location perfect👍🏼

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Nice place

Towels have some odour

Cozy and comfortable, nice breakfast, good value for money.

Shower was slightly small

Shower was slightly small

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The hosts were very welcoming, and the location was...

The hosts were very welcoming, and the location was excellent for our purposes

Friendly owners, breakfast & clean room.

Top floor room

Friendly owners, breakfast & clean room.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Rob and Sara, lovely people, made us very welcome.

Rob and Sara, lovely people, made us very welcome.

Friendly hosts.
    • Standard Twin Room

Friendly hosts. Good location. Clean property and great breakfast!

Great location and friendly staff.

Great location and friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious too:) No complains

Fantastic Stay!

Great location and fantastic owners, clean, very comfortable and amazing breakfasts. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

A quiet refuge in busy Windermere

Quiet Clean Lovely welcome Close to shops and restaurants

Beautiful and welcoming

The peace and quiet. Along with it's cleanliness. I had a really friendly welcome too. A lot to like about the place in all honesty.

Cozy room with only downside being that you can’t use the...

Cozy room with only downside being that you can’t use the showers after 10pm due to loud pipeworks for other guests

Clean, quiet , lovely staff , amazing breakfast.
    • Standard Single Room

Clean, quiet , lovely staff , amazing breakfast.

0.2

The room was small the bed was very uncomfortable and squeaky

The property was local to shops and was a cosy house

Clean, comfortable perfect place for me !
    • Standard Single Room

Perfect location, friendly staff !!

close to bus station.
    • Standard Twin Room

it is kind of cold on the top floor.

close to bus station.

Best guesthouse in Windermere

Good location, very nice breakfast.

Good location, medocore room for the price

Shower was really weak and view was of bins. No free car spaces available, although it's a busy area

Location was good, bed was nice

Clean and comfortable nice friendly staff

Clean and comfortable nice friendly staff

Sara gave great sight seeing directions for the Lake...

Sara gave great sight seeing directions for the Lake District.m Breakfast was very good.

very nice

close to everywhere

very clean ,people freindly

Very comfortable room and wonderful breakfast

Very comfortable room and wonderful breakfast

Room small, shower not working properly, room cold most of...

Room small, shower not working properly, room cold most of the time breakfast not the best

My partner is a vegan and the staff went out of their way to...

My partner is a vegan and the staff went out of their way to ensure she had options for breakfast. Made the trip even more enjoyable.