Reviews of Aviator 4 stars

55 Farnborough Road, Farnborough, GU14 6EL, United Kingdom

#1 of 6 hotels in Farnborough

Good enough for a second visit
    • Aviator Air

Taps were not clean, face cloths were not replaced shower gel not replaced

Friendly helpful staff ,spacious room noise kept to a minimum even though there was a function.

Clean, modern hotel with nice rooms
    • Aviator Air

Room service didn't work out well for us. They clearly forgot about our food order and said they delivered in a different room. Took them an hour and a half to deliver our meals in the evening

Clean, modern hotel with nice rooms

A great place to recommend.
    • Aviator Road

Extremely comfortable, very well equipped room. Great attention to detail. Lovely, friendly and efficient staff. Will look forward to a return visit.

100% would stay again and 100% would recommend. Great hotel over all and the layout is unique.
    • Double or Twin Room

The worst part about this hotel was the fact I actually had to leave! I was only there for one night but I would definitely come back and stay longer when I am back in the area. Nothing bad to say about this hotel and that's a first for me!

The staff were very friendly and the food was great. There was a lot of choice at breakfast which was good, I enjoyed the fact that it was a continental breakfast, an English breakfast buffet style and also the option to order from a breakfast menu also. The bed was amazing and huge and the bathroom/shower room was lovely. Would definitely come back if I'm in the area. PS there is black out curtains which was great and the windows were slightly tinted which gave that extra level of privacy and the brightness wasn't as harsh.

Highly Recommend!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Only thing that annoyed me, is there was only bbc1 on the tele, loads of movies just a shame there was only one channel for for the TV

The people that work here are very attentive to every single detail there could possibly be, so so polite and genuinely care for your needs! By far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, will definitely be planning to stay here again!!

Nice location, next to the Farnborough airport and locate on...
    • Aviator Air

Low sense of security and privacy. My friend requested to get my room key in the reception and they simply asked her my full name then without even contacting me they gave her my room key.

Nice location, next to the Farnborough airport and locate on the main road.

Lovely place and would definitely recommend .
    • Aviator Road

Table service is a lovely idea in practice from a service point of view on the terrace and sky bar but there it needs to be quicker or more staff . There were also errors on the bill on more than one occasion .

Really nice hotel and atmosphere . The swan just up the road served great food . Service there was great . The main room was faultless and reception staff great .

A very enjoyable stay and we wouldn't hesitate to book a return visit in the future!
    • Double or Twin Room

There is not that much to dislike really... the bed pillows were a little too soft for our liking. We were hoping to have the 'Unlimited Prosecco & Dinner' but the offer didn't include Saturdays for some reason?

My wife and I had a one night stay recently and found it very enjoyable. All of the staff were friendly and happy to help with any questions or requests. Our room was nice and cosy with all of the mod cons and the bed was very comfortable. The hot weather was a bonus and we had a relaxing couple of hours sitting in the bar's garden area.

Overall a very good and comfortable stay..
    • Aviator Road

Lighting was a bit low for me so not quite bright enough! Stains on bedroom carpet. ..

Staff were very helpful.. We had a lunch in a private room after my Aunts funeral....great food service and views were of the airport runway and I really liked that...

Nice overall.
    • Double or Twin Room

Stains on the carpet left side of bed. Probably coffee. The shower screen had trim broken at base.water leaked out..bulb out in bathroom around mirror.just also a bit disapointed no draft beers. And 1/2 a pint is £5.50. So over £12 a pint of larger..

This was our fourth visit to the Aviator but it was beset by a few problems.
    • Aviator Road

We requested a change of room to include a view of the runway. This was done but we were given what seemed to be a single room as we had to ask for towels, shampoo, soap etc. On check out, I was charged for the room, when it had been prepaid.

Breakfast, location, view.

Disappointed to find walking out of my hotel room within ten...
    • Aviator Air

Disappointed to find walking out of my hotel room within ten minutes of checking in, someone had been sick all along our corridor and through on to the lobby that no one appeared to have cleaned up until I went back and had to notify staff of this. The smell was most awful and unfortunately had reached in to our room!

Beautifully clean and well presented.
    • Aviator Road

Very easy to spend more on the food and drink than the actual price of the room.

Beautifully clean and well presented. Great location and would happily stay again.

lovely hotel definitely worth a visit
    • Double or Twin Room

The dinner on the Saturday night was most disappointing with two steaks not cooked correctly and tough to eat. We did comment to the waitress when she cleared the table but she did not do anything about it.

The room was great very spacious and really nice to have two comfy chairs to sit in to watch t.v. The staff at reception were very friendly and welcoming.

Lovely hotel, nice staff - shame about the bar food !

Waited an hour and a half for our lunch to be served in the bar - food turned up cold - had two young kids who were very fed up - staff were nice but it wasnt busy so not sure why it took so long - also windows in the bar should go to the bottom so you can see the planes - not have half blocked out

Staff were great - rooms were lovely - everything very clean and lovely designed hotel.

Luxury, style and attention to detail
    • Aviator Road

Amazing property with rooms that look as good as the website and service that is friendly as well as efficient. The suites are gorgeous and would recommend an upgrade. For a destination hotel without a pool, it still ticks major boxes. Great romantic getaway.

• Aviator Road

Not much to do when you are there!

The room was lovely and big, very comfortable bed! We were given a cocktail shot on arrival which was lovely and chocolate eggs on departure . We ate dinner in the brassiere - amazing food and service 10/10 !!!!

A superb hotel for luxury and relaxation.
    • Double or Twin Room

We both believe that from what we paid for our breakfast it was a little bit of a let down ,the hot cooked ingredients was at the back of a table which when leaning over only I could reach the back pots and I actually help a few other people by serving them. The food itself we thought was bland ie the scrambled eggs the sausages. And the bacon was all well done but all in all the various other options available was very good just a shame on the layout of all the hot ingredients. The only thing my partner felt was missing in our bathroom was ladies sanitary bags.

From our immediate arrival all the staff were very friendly and helpful with the concierge bringing our luggage up to our room and Michele behind the reception is a credit to the staff for her professional and friendly and helpful attitude.

Overpriced. Has boutique prices but premier inn quality.
    • Aviator Road

The quality of the food, cocktails and coffee was below average and the cost was too high. Almost £10 for two take-away coffees. Mediocre coffee at best. Expensive meal in the restaurant too and very average quality, the first time I have not had more than a couple of bites and wasted the rest as it was such poor quality.

The bathroom was a good size and clean with good Ren mini bottles.

Lovely hotel, great staff, comfy rooms. Lovely amenities.
    • Aviator Air

Comfortable beds. Nice clean room. Great toiletries ( REN ) as I am allergic to most other brands so I was very pleased with this. Couldn’t really fault our stay here.

All in all a fantastic experience and will be returning.
    • Aviator Road

Another customer wanted a plug socket in the sky bar. The only one was near to our table so we moved after being comfortable for a while. In essence need some more sockets for customers.

Had room service and food was hot.

Perfect way to relax and treat ourselves on a wintry Sunday

Leaving!

Very relaxed hotel, modernly furnished with an up market feel. Rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. We were given an air side view room despite paying no extra. Staff very attentive and polite. I have stayed here several times. The Sky Bar provides fantastic cocktails and the restaurant is to a high standard. Recommend the breakfast - buffet or option of ordering from the menu at no additional cost.

The layout of the hotel was done extremely well.
    • Aviator Road

This is our second trip to the aviator. Being my husband‘s birthday. We decided to have dinner in the restaurant which we have had in there before last time we stayed. But this time the food was no one near as good as it was last time. My wife meal was very bland and tasteless. My triple cooked chips were undercooked. Our starters wasn’t that much better either. When mention this to one of the staff in the restaurant. They just gave us a smile and walked off. This has put us off going back to the hotel. Shame

The layout of the hotel was done extremely well.The staff Our very professional and helpful. The rooms are well equipped and very very tidy. The bar is probably one of the best I’ve been to so far in a hotel.

Overpriced for the service provided. Only advantage is the proximity to nearby business park.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor food for room service (hamburger only available well done, poor meat quality, soaked and cold fries....) ; reception staff not aware that taxis MUST be booked for following morning to avoid 20-30 minutes wait (I specifically asked the question), slow service at bar. Inside wooden venetian stores in my room were very dusty, clearly not cleaned for weeks!

Excellent rooms and overall equipments, nice breakfast buffet and efficient service.

Perfect for cocktails and a good night’s sleep.
    • Aviator Road

The restaurant was being refurbished so good options limited. Breakfast at £18 is crazy if you just want something simple and healthy.

Very quiet room. Exceedingly comfortable.

Stayed there before, normally have bath robes and slippers...

As above

Stayed there before, normally have bath robes and slippers but non this year. Also booked the hotel and found out afterwards there was a Xmas party with wasn't the greatest. Also normally stay facing the airport but this time was Facing the houses.

This is an excellent hotel and I always feel special when I stay here. The restaurant is exceptional
    • Aviator Air

Nothing could have been improved on.

Everything was perfect as always. I have stayed at this hotel on three occasions and it has never disappointed me. I love this hotel.

Perfect little getaway with style
    • Aviator Air

There wasn’t anything to dislike

The hotel was another level, very spacious and very modern, perfect for a stylish get away with a lovely view of the airport

Bed was realy good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower was not clean and some dust near the bed. Don't like the elderly support bars, chair, shower curtain and emergenge cord in the bathroom. Also the resolution of the TV channels was very pour

Bed was realy good. Realy friendly staff. Good food

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Breakfast cost and quality left a sour taste
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very disappointing after such a good nights stay Spoilt the experience I should have complained but was in a rush to pick kids up. Wouldn’t stay again as feel let down as it was a treat as only live in Camberley.

£30 per head for breakfast in bed Soggy toast / dried bacon / awful coffee Not what I would expect for that money Very poor

Spot on. Highly recommended
    • Aviator Road

Maybe the room could’ve been a smidge bigger but I really am nitpicking!

The stay was perfect and great service with amazing food and drinks. Will certainly stay again!

Staff on reception were rude and on the night we stayed, the...
    • Aviator Road

Staff on reception were rude and on the night we stayed, the hotel was being used for Christmas parties. We couldn’t find seats to sit down at the bar, the music was very loud, which we could from our room and the DJ/dance floor was right outside the bedroom corrdidor. For the price we paid for the room, we felt we should have been told in advance that this was taking place before we booked it.

Room was very spacious, evening meal excellent.
    • Aviator Air

The quality of the hot food at breakfast could have been better. Didn't like the orange juice, however overall it was a good start to the day.

Room was very spacious, evening meal excellent. All staff very pleasant and attentive. Hotel still like new and interesting layout. Enjoyed the view of the airfield from the room.

Really friendly and classy hotel - and at a fair price
    • Aviator Road

Location is great for watching the airfield and the sunsets - not too handy if you want to walk to town centre

Welcome, room, lounge areas, dinner, breakfast

Aviator
    • Aviator Air

The only thing that is missing is a swimming pool

The service was outstanding also the staff could not of been any more friendly and helpful every aspect of mine and my wife's stay was perfect would advise anyone to stay or even just go for a meal and a few drinks just to experience all that there is to offer

Would have expected my luggage to be taken from my car to my room, good hotel but pricey.
    • Aviator Air

Room price very high, breakfast not included and expensive would not stay there if I was paying. I've stayed in the Hilton Park Lane for less!

Nice hotel, good facilities

A lovely spur of the moment break
    • Aviator Road

The rooms are fab. The bar is very elegant , not pretentious. The restaurants give you a choice of a nice meal or a relaxed more casual dining experience.

Outstanding
    • Aviator Road

My hotel room was very roomy and matched the impressive photo I had seen on the web site. The room was well thought out and had every facility I could need.

Excellent, will stay again.
    • Aviator Air

Curtain and blind controls hard to reach for shorter or less able people. Slow TV controls.

Well equipped room. Broad choice of excellent food for breakfast.

Stunning hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The whole hotel was fantastic the room was great good size with all we needed plus the wet room/shower was amazing would definitely go back

The rooms are stunning, modern design and great layout etc,...
    • Aviator Road

Booked venue to attend a wedding, requested checking in an hour early to get ready and get to wedding on time but they didn't get room ready - despite our friends being allowed to check in even earlier and people arriving after us getting their rooms straight away. At check out they then tried to charge us for 2 lots of breakfast (an additional £80!!)

The rooms are stunning, modern design and great layout etc, all very stylish.

Great place to stay for events
    • Aviator Air

Little choice for vegan breakfast (my fault as I should have informed the hotel in advance). Beware when there's an event, massive queues and delays to get to the event center. Farnborough seemed gridlocked which is fine if you're not going in the same direction as the event traffic.

Great rooms, very clean and comfy. Staff were lovely, and couldn't do more to ensure that my stay went well. Easy to find as on a main road with (fairly) easy access from the M3. Several places to eat in the surrounding area. Great location for events, within walking distance of the event center. Considering that all access roads were gridlocked trying to get to the show this is truly a great place to stay to ensure easy access.

Modern and classy
    • Aviator Air

I didn't eat at the hotel this time as having stayed previously I was not too impressed with the food offered in the main restaurant, I certainly expected better for the price and found that there are better places to eat nearby. A great view if you're on the airport side, but not so much road-side. I'd have liked gym facilities (to be fair I didn't ask at reception if this was a facility at the hotel and just checked on the website - perhaps my excuse to give my session a miss and enjoy the in-room films...)

Staff are welcoming, courteous and attentive, offering great customer care. The hotel is modern and well finished and allows for easy access to town or the exhibition center / airport. The rooms are plush and comfortable and the general feeling of the hotel was calm and relaxing, even at the weekend- appreciable after a long working day.

Beautiful hotel and will be returning this year at Christmas
    • Double or Twin Room

The only slight negative were that I would of preferred more normal tea bags in the room, there were only two and for the two of us we had one upon arrival each and would of liked one first thing in the morning.

Excellent hotel, view over the airfield were amazing, service great, Just a wonderful hotel and experience.

Very enjoyable stay
    • Aviator Air

Stain on bed! Welcome card in room had wrong guest name, they then came in while we were out and added extra cups and towels etc, as they must of realised their mistake. The bar and restaurant were freezing with the air con!!!

Comfy bed, good food, good staff, good shower, nice views, great sized room

Great!
    • Double or Twin Room

Only one set of towels in a double room - but we booked late, checked in very late and were too tired to care as everything else very good.

Smart, modern & sophisticated hotel alongside Farnborough Airport. Comfortable room, excellent breakfast and friendly, helpful staff.

Nice decor, lovely food and cocktail menu.
    • Aviator Air

No gluten free bread and limited menu options in the Brasserie. I asked at the start of the meal and nobody came back to me so I had to ask twice more for gf bread - eventually after 4 courses I was given some biscuits to go with the cheese and told there was no bread. Given this was a £450 night, that's not good enough. It even states on your website how flexible the restaurant is with special dietary requirements. This is not the case.

Nice decor, lovely food and cocktail menu. Good service in the bar and on reception.

Excellent, quiet, amazing view and a MUST stay even if its for a day
    • Aviator Road

Hard to really say, I can't fault anything at the hotel, if I must then the only downside I'd say would be there were used candles left in one of the cupboards

The hotel was absolutely stunning, value for money and the view was lush 😍

Superb stay
    • Aviator Road

The only negative was the lenght of time I had to wait to check out as there was only 1 person at reception and there were 2 guest in front of me checking out too.

Really loved our stay. Were sad it was only for 1 night. The room was fantastic. The food in the Brasserie was delightful and the cocktails in the Sky Bar were delicious.

great stay, great food , great cocktails
    • Aviator Road

We stayed 2 nights . The dinner waas excellent with very friendly and attentive staff. We had a standard room . It was very well designed and extreamly comfortable. We had a great nights sleep both days . A must is a visit to the Sky Bar to sample a cocktail :)

5star hotel for a fraction of the price!!
    • Aviator Road

prices in the sky bar are a bit high, but apart from that there is nothing else i can say!!

Absolutley beautiful hotel, comfortable night stay, friendly staff!! really excited to stay again, really enjoyed my stay here!!!!

Excellent for a treat
    • Aviator Road

Bar and restaurant areas too cool, smaller restaurant over-priced and quality of food only ok [we could not get onto the main restaurant because a wedding was on. Hotel needs to be able to satisfy both]. Wine very expensive for what it was.

Great breakfast, bed very comfortable, stylish design in all areas and rooms, VG soundproofing, staff really helpful and efficient service.

Appalling food
    • Aviator Road

The food was appalling!!! For such a beautiful hotel it was disappointing the food was so disgusting, especially considering how much you pay for it!! Dinner was a joke, pasta completely undercooked, to the point it was crunchy. Chips completely over cooked, I know it said cooked 3 times but these tasted like they had been cooked at least 5 times. None of the food was hot, breakfast was just as bad, all dried up and barely even luke warm. All meals tasted like it was mass catering that had been sat about all day and shoved in a microwave to give it a bit of heat. Would not visit again as even thought the hotel itself is beautiful the quality of the food was so appalling I wouldn't dream of recommending it to anyone.

beautiful hotel with friendly and helpful staff but wouldn't recommend visiting

Plane sailing
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower poor, rain shower did not work correctly and leaked lukewarm water when using hose.

Friendly staff and the view off the air field added to the occasion, its worth the additional cost

Well worth the stay

Nothing to fault

Lovely hotel. Couldn't fault it to be honest. One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. Everyone was very welcoming and asking to show/take our bags to the room. Would definitely love to stay here again.

Great hotel, would definitely stay again!
    • Aviator Road

The sky bar was very busy when we wanted to go for some cocktails, so we waited outside in the sofa area which wasn't a problem as we did have a drink. However a table of 6 came in after us and were sat straight down in the sky bar, then 2 more couples came up to the bar and were also sat straight in the bar. So I went to ask the staff when our table would be available and they took us straight to a table, so I think we had been forgotten which was a little disappointing.

i really liked the welcome we received from the conceriege staff on the ground floor, they made us feel very welcome. The bed was very comfy, and we informed the hotel it was our anniversary so they wrote us a "happy anniversary" message in our room, and included some free chocolates which was very thoughtful.

The breakfast was amazing.
    • Aviator Road

Nothing. The cocktails in the bar were wonderful. The flower displays and decor also fantastic. I loved my stay.

The breakfast was amazing. A great selection of anything you could think of. I had a smoothie coffee fresh fruit and avocado and poached eggs on sourdough. Such good value for money.

stylish and elegant hotel.
    • Aviator Road

service outside on terrace could have been more organised. breakfast expensive but good choice

a/c great. shower fantastic, tv/entertainment excellent. stylish room

The staff and service was brilliant and very welcoming.
    • Aviator Road

I had arranged for 2 glases of prosecco to be there on arrival which we had to ask for as they weren't there, the night time menu only had 1 choice on as they weren't cooking the other choices

The staff and service was brilliant and very welcoming.

Average......to well ok.
    • Aviator Studio

Average to poor service in the bar. Room service food was poor

The smiles from all the staff were lovely, however the service behind the smiles was average to poor.........

A fantastic hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the whole hotel, the staff were friendly and very professional from the front desk to the restaurant and the bar.

Overpriced
    • Aviator Air

Overall for me, it was just the room that was good, the drinks were very expensive and if we wanted breakfast it was extra £18 each, and the breakfast on offer was not worth the money.

We waited 30 mins for our drink - we ordered as soon as we...
    • Double or Twin Room

We waited 30 mins for our drink - we ordered as soon as we sat down and 4 waiters came and asked if we had ordered and we said yes. We then questioned where our drinks were and then they came.

Reception staff, Sky bar staff & concierge team were...
    • Aviator Road

No pool. Staff in the restaurant were very poor with numerous issues in terms of getting good&drink we hadn't ordered, significant over-charging on the bill etc.

Reception staff, Sky bar staff & concierge team were exceptional.

Great place to stay!
    • Aviator Road

Service in bar was very slow, there should have been more experienced staff on a busy Bank Holiday Sunday evening.

The cocktails were great, and generally, although slow in bar, the service was very friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Rooms comfy, staff very helpful, good atmosphere, good value...
    • Aviator Road

Problems in restaurant at dinner and breakfast the issues were with food/kitchen not the service third return for us disappointed

Rooms comfy, staff very helpful, good atmosphere, good value for location third visit we use this hotel as close to family in the area

Enjoyable stay
    • Aviator Air

We checked in late evening after a wedding and the late night room service menu is very limited - then when we called to order there was only one item available, and even that arrived missing vital ingredients that had they had ran out of.

Great interior design and very comfy bed.

Lovely hotel and I would definitely stay again and would recommend.
    • Aviator Air

Such a shames - the breakfast had run out of nearly everything and my group / party had to ask a couple of times for a lot of it to be replenished - perhaps it was just a really busy morning - I would like to think so as everything else was lovely. I actually ordered poached eggs on toast separately and it came very quickly and the staff were very good, helpful and attentive.

I cannot fault our room it was very clean and really lovely and the bed was really comfy. View over the airfield was also fabulous. The hotel really is gorgeous.

Everything with the room was amazing!
    • Aviator Road

Everything with the room was amazing! Staff were friendly and made you feel relaxed. The restaurant was fully booked which was a bit disappointing so book a table before u turn up! Room service was brilliant though!

Furniture fixtures and fittings - Good quality and excellent...
    • Aviator Road

Breakfast arrangement - Poor offer for cooked breakfast - no fried eggs not tinned tomatoes - Very poor reaction from male member of staff when I pointed out issues - In fact he was bordering on the argumentative

Furniture fixtures and fittings - Good quality and excellent standard

Excellent return visit to The Aviator
    • Aviator Air

Visited the One Eleven Restaurant in evening but were a little disappointed with the food.

We have stayed at The Aviator on a few occasions now. On this occasion, we were greeted at Reception by Gavin, who recognised us and gave us a very warm welcome. He looked after my husband's motability scooter behind Reception whilst visiting our son and a female Receptionist brought it to the lift when returning to the Hotel. We found the Staff both on Reception and at breakfast very helpful. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

This hotel is a firm favourite of mine, rooms are...
    • Aviator Air

The last two times I have stayed at the hotel the fire alarm has gone off in the middle of the night

This hotel is a firm favourite of mine, rooms are comfortable and staff are very helpful and friendly

Luxury stay!
    • Aviator Road

The staff were fabulously helpful and pleasant at all times. Jean was helpful at all times. We had the taster menu which was superb, and the drinks too were fantastic. The cocktails are delicously and reasonably priced. It was was lovely to spend time in the Sky Bar with our friends, the views are lovely (if you like airports!). The room was very tastefully decorated in a very modern style and the toiletries are luxurious. The bathroom was spotless, and the rainfall shower was excellent.

Impressed
    • Aviator Studio

Closest toilet to restaurant was out of order, not a big deal as there's was one not too far, but I left my girlfriend alone in the restaurant for kind of too long while I went for a wee

Room was AMAZING, toilets amazing! Restaurant was amazing! I loved it such a nice weekend

Great hotel and excellent value
    • Aviator Road

Iron in room wasn't very good!.grear

Smart, stylish and sophisticated hotel Rooms spacious and beautifully designed Food and drinks in sky bar excellent Nice vibe Friendly staff