Reviews of Balmoral Hotel, Belfast 3 stars

Blacks Road, Belfast, BT10 0NF, United Kingdom

#27 of 38 hotels in Belfast

Nothing it was perfect.

The staff were an absolute credit to the hotel, so chatty and friendly, They actually could not do enough for you. They were so helpful. Especially the receptionists and the two women serving at breakfast, and the breakfast was just so good. We also had a three course meal in the bar and had carvery lunch on the Sunday, it was that good! The hotel was just so perfect, the shower was great the bed was so comfortable and it was nothing less than perfect. We were even very tempted to stay an extra night but couldn't, but we will 100% be back, as it was the best hotel we've stayed in.

at the end of a very long day of traveling i was looking forward to a nice shower and the shower although operational it was more of a trickle than a power shower which was a same

clean hotel nice and friendly stuff the food at the restaurant was good and cheap plenty of space for parking!!! really enjoyed my evening drinks outside in the car park

• Classic Triple Room

The website hotel's does not mention the number of stairs to climb to reach your room.

The property is clean and comfortable. The restaurant staff were extremely friendly & made our meal special

The stranger(another hotel guest)in the night, visting our room with her own key. To be fair the accommodation manager was excellent and resolved the matter. Credit has also to be given to the assistant manager but I would suggest the receptionist lady at night should take a leaf out of their book on how to deal with customers. Despite the stranger in the room incident we will return

Not. Much wrong except on the Friday and Saturday there were a wedding on each day so very little sleep as of the.noise and the car horns which were mostly taxis who should have known better there are enough signs .so the two nights lack of sleep.

Food 1st class ,staff nothing was ever to much trouble, madequate you feel like one off the family , it was a special visit as my wife was 60th and the day before we left it was my 70th Thank you

• Executive Suite

Doors in rooms need better sound proofing as guests and staff kept waking my partner through the night and morning. Rooms are very dusty in places like shower head, door frames, mirror edges, corners of ceiling and paying £129 for a room i expected higher standards. Additional charge for having breakfast in your room is a joke

The Executive Suites are very well spec'd, comfy bed, lovely bath and shower room. Hotel Bar and Restaurant are well furnished and looks lovely. Staff are friendly and polite.

Perhaps it would be best to ask fro a quiet room at the back because the front of the hotel can be noisy.

My husband and I were in Belfast for one night to see Michael McIntyre. We were delighted with everything about the Belmoral Hotel - clean airy room, full breakfast menu, lovely friendly hotel staff.

All hotel staff really friendly especially the lady who worked front of house in the breakfast room. Her friendly nature was second to none and she remembered me each morning, a real gem!!

• Executive Suite

Wasn’t anything not to like,

Rooms are gorgeously appointed with a difference - spacious with king beds; a big bath and well fitted out; loved the furnishings. Staff super friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed our stay here.

internet didn't work, room was really small and worn.

quite a basic level hotel with tiny rooms, all a bit old and worn, breakfast very limited and old style but omelette was very nice ans staff in restaurant helpful.

Awful hotel. Bathroom was covered in urine, faeces, and emesis. Room was so hot, spoke with receptionist who advised no fans available and windows couldn’t be opened properly. NEVER would return to this “hotel” EVER again. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and reception staff were so rude! Restaurant staff were so nice and helpful! They are worth their weight in gold!

Couldn’t get a late drink even though we were residents night porter said the bars were closed, always found that this service is available at other properties we’ve stayed in??

Great facilities bar -restaurants Friendly staff excellent breakfast

It had no air conditioning and it was an unusual hot weekend so we roasted in there.

Good size of the room, big shower, nice staff, great restaurants, breakfast was amazing and the women serving it really nice and helpful.

The entrance to the downstairs rooms could do with a soft close door as it banged all night otherwise no complaints

Loved all the food in the lady anne

Service at breakfast was poor...waiting on menu long time, had to ask for toast etc The stairs to room!

Beautiful room and excellent food in bar downstairs. Money has been spent well on property Will definitely return

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The food in the hotel was beautiful. The room itself was lovely and the bed was amazingly comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. Music in the bar was a delight to listen to.

A little noisy whilst functions on at the weekend - but didn’t spoil my stay

Staff couldn’t have been more helpful- I’ve never been to a hotel where the staff go out of their way to be so helpful and attentive! Even made a complimentary packed lunch for those of us attending the balmoral show- above and beyond!

nothing we liked everything,

We liked the location and the staff and as I have a mobility scooter everything and everywhere in the hotel was very easily accessible, staff were very helpful and nothing was a bother or to much trouble, thank you

Room was insufferably warm due to radiator in bathroom that couldn’t be turned down. Even closing bathroom door (creating a sauna) and opening bedroom window we still had to sleep with no covers

Location and price

Not knowing there was no lift as I have a heart condition and being asjed fir a £50 security deposit when we arrived. Has never happened before. It was waived as I paid for our stay when I arrived but that would make me think twice about using hotel again. Also booking.com said nothing of this which leads me to wonder if they even check. Also the price on Booking. Com went down by 30% the day before we travelled but we could not get this saving. Again this puts my faith in booking .com into doubt

The staff were really attentive and helpful

You need a car as you a wee bit out from the centre. Was a bit noisy as there was a wedding, but did settle down.

The location was handy for the motorway. All the staff were friendly and helpful, they couldn't do enough for us.

• Classic Triple Room

Revellers attending wedding reception to 4am.

Great Breakfast, good late night Bar with band as well! Close to Collins Park with new playground facilities for kids! Very friendly front desk staff and restaurant staff!!

Rooms are not soundproof. You can hear next room.

Quiet location. Good restaurants. Efficient friendly service. Rooms are spacious and clean. Shower lovely and hot. Scrambled eggs at breakfast excellent. Taxis into town cheap and drivers are an entertainment in themselves.

Cannot think of anything.

We were made to feel important upon arrival. Nothing was too much bother for the staff. From reception to even the lad brushing the car park.

We loved the whole hotel. The food and the music in the bar. The breakfast was delicious. Home Cooked porridge with roasted almonds, maple syrup and berries.

We booked with no mention of no lifts. Had to lug the heavy cases to our room with no help. Staff at reception never said hello when we passed or how was our day. We were asked to leave the restaurant before our coffee and go to the bar which was ok but when we got to the bar, we were told that the coffee machine had been turned off! On last orders at 11, we went to the hotel bar to find it was closed during the week. We won’t be back

The staff at the restaurant were very friendly

Check in is a bit slow and it was the only time the staff let them down, don't seem to be that interested. maybe they have lots to do.

recently had a refurbishment and is looking great , staff are very helpful and friendly

The shower water pressure is weak, adding to the time spent showering. Any saving to the hotel for less energy used is probably overridden by the time needed to shower fully. I was also a little too warm despite opening the window. And as a light sleeper my room location being nearer to the road meant it was a little noisy.

Everything was as it should have been. The room was spacious, very clean and comfortable with adequate appliances. The breakfast was fine and the staff friendly and helpful.

Public bars closed early no residents bar during the week and as we had met up with friends from Jersey this ruined the evening. At checkout was presented with a charge to the room that I did not have. This issue was resolved.

Hotel clean food very most of staff very friendly

Had to ask three times for a TV remote before it was finally put in my room.

Food in the evening was unusual and excellent. Breakfast as usual was fresh and the service very good.

• Classic Triple Room

Restaurant food could be fresher. Choice of music should match atmosphere. Not very good access to city. Laundry service was very expensive.

Staff were kind. The bar was lively.

..Wifi was very poor, receptionist informed me that the internet connection disconnected every 15mins needs re-connection. There was poor reception for wifi, it kept dropping out, frustrating!!! ..The bathroom exhaust fan was so noisy, when the light was turned on it was like a plan taking off, couldn’t hear television ..hotwater was luke warm, there was no pressure in the water. A very very frustrating stay.

It was clean

Staff very friendly.Food beautiful,overall great value for money .Only downside was that we were asked for a £50 deposit on arrival though we did get it back on checking out.

Although the breakfast was tasty there was no pre-planned effort to accommodate a food allergy which was noted at the time of booking, although the waitress and chef were very helpful on the day however they were desperately trying to salvage a sticky situation. Also a little strange to have to pre authorise a £50 payment to cover bar purchases or facility damage, I understand pre authorizing to take payment on checkout but to actually take the additional funds which then took 48 hours to clear back into our account is a little off in my opinion. Also being hounded by car hire hiring companies as part of the wedding fair taking place in another part of the hotel shouldn’t have happened, keep this in the other part of the hotel and don’t hassle guests in reception.

Hotel is well kept and you can tell there is an element of pride from most staff although some did seem a little offish. Originally checked into a room which hadn’t been made up this was quickly rectified. The shower was huge, just a shame the water pressure didn’t match this. Plenty of parking, just off the motorway and also in a lovely area with a short drive into the city or local attractions.

All good

the bar was very nice as was the music on the night and the staff as all Belfast people are were very helpful and friendly great location with easy access to the motorway and handy distance for all the great attractions in the city

Staff were friendly and welcoming. The room was clean, spacious & airy and the bed was very comfortable. Dinner in the restaurant was lovely (Lady Anne's I think it was called) and I enjoyed the pancakes for breakfast.

I feel as though we were being watched as we were a young couple. Security visited our room twice and a complaint was put in about our music playing that we were not asked to turn down. I would’ve enjoyed my experience more if I didn’t feel how I was made too feel.

The rooms where lovely and the staff also. The bathroom was also beautiful and met my expectations.

Nothing negative to say.

Easy check-in and room allocated suitable for special requests. Very efficient and friendly staff. Room was clean with good mattress plenty pillows and very clean.

The bed was uncomfortable due to the fact that it was 2 x single beds pushed together with 2 x single mattress. Double mattress needed.

Staff very helpful, location was good for my needs and ample car parking. Good choice at breakfast.

My room (33) had a bit of traffic noise but I chose this hotel so I wasn't too far off the M1 to continue my journey.

The staff are brilliant. Friendly helpful, enthusiastic about their role. Food was excellent. Beds very comfortable. Wi-Fi was troublesome from my room, couldn't always get on but from elsewhere ok. A very big thank you to the restaurant manager, chef, bar staff, reception staff and of course the room maintenance team. All very good.

Water could of been a bit warmer in shower but not a problem

Excellent all round ......good value for money .....paid for a twin room but was given a triple room ...happy days

The wifi stopped working an hour or so after arrival and stayed broken for remainder of stay. There was music in the bar which was audible from our room which was an issue if you wanted sleep The water pressure in the shower was poor.

Good location and lots of parking if bringing car to the area

Customer service was awful from the front desk Also shower didn’t work and I had to go into another room to get a shower which was embarrassing. Just a terrible experience.

First of all the room we got was suppose to be a double but ended up with triple all single beds for me and my partner. The beds were cheap and made the pins in my back worse. In the morning time we had breakfast and and there was no gluten free food except toast which was disgraceful! Then when checking out the staff member were rude saying they would look into the gluten free which is disgusting! We also had the cleaners come in twice in us in the morning. When asked for some of our money we were told No I paid £10 for gluten free toast ! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone ! Not good value for money !!!!!

I didn’t like anything!

I had trouble with the shower, it was fine the first day but stopped in the middle of my shower the second day and would not come back on

The breakfast was excellent; a good budget hotel

Happy with everything

Staff were really nice, food was excellent comfortable bed and plenty of space for clothes etc would go back in a heartbeat loved this hotel

What is the point of double glasing, if to have air you have to open the window, near a very busy road.

Bathroom had shower, not in bath Partner liked the coffee it was good. Staff tried very hard Over all not bad

The showers had little water pressure and were either boiling hot or freezing cold. Nothing in the middle. It was a very noisy hotel at night with both nights I was woken by noisy guests

The breakfast was amazing. The staff friendly and helpful.

Arrived at hotel checked in to be told they have preauthorised my card took first night payment and then had to pay rest in cash when I had agreed to pay all in cash. Then I was told had to pay 50pound deposit incase I used room service . Then I asked for WiFi code and was given wrong one twice . First night stay was ok but second night was woken al night long by other guests fire alarm set off staff didn’t assure it was false alarm all at 2am. Went for breakfast in restaurant had to ask waitresses for menus twice over waited 45 mins for breakfast which was cold and burnt food ! Cold toast and no milk for coffee . Waitresses walking around sweeping around while I was trying to eat my breakfast. Was even asked to move my chair while eating so they could sweap under my feet. Don’t think this very professional . Went back to room before checkout to have a shower before leaving and my shower wouldn’t work ?? Worst hotel iv ever stayed in won’t be back !!! While checking out receptionists both chatting away took the room keys off me and didn’t ask how was my stay was everything ok nothing !! Luckily for them they didn’t ask. So disappointed I wasted 2 days of my holidays in boring Belfast

In my room unfortunately the shower didn't work reported to reception and they were sending someone to fix but i had to get on with the day.

Great hotel

• Classic Triple Room

No radiator in bathroom, it was coldish after walking out of shower. Breakfast was untasty. Gummy Bacon, overdone omlette, no fresh vegetables, fake jams packed with glucose syrup. Coffee was nice.

I did not like the location, you would need a car to get anywhere. The food was average and only available in the bar.

The room was clean and comfortable , the staff were very friendly and helpfull.

• Executive Suite

There is nothing we didn’t like.

What can I say - we booked an executive room and we were not disappointed. Perfect location. Bus outside the door if you needed to go into city which we did. It was fantastic from check in on Sunday to checking out on Tuesday. The staff were fantastic and friendly, they couldn’t do enough for us. Room was exquisite and clean, could not fault it. Food was fantastic, we arrived on Mother’s Day and there was no problem fitting us in for dinner. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced. Everything was perfect.

Bed -bottom sheet not fitting. Had to make up bed so that sheets fitted. Maybe staff could pay a bit more attention when making up beds.

receptionist and dining room staff excellent. Very friendly

Music was so loud ! We couldn't sleep untill midnight and we had very long trip next day so that was very bad point

Was clean and cheap. Breakfast was nice too

I missed not having my favourite brew at the bar pint of Smithwicks with a Guinness wee head a Special we call it in Galway.

The restaurant and bar food was excellent & all thw Htl staff were very manually helpful and there hospitality was excellent.

• Classic Triple Room

Difficult to regulate shower, the water was hot in the evening but cold in the morning around 7.30am

Bright comfortable warm room, fluffy white towels, very comfy beds. Tasty breakfast good varied breakfast menu and efficient friendly waitresses, friendly lively bar, helpful reception staff

Some other party/function was on, so things did not quiet-down until 11:30pm. Unfortunately, my room was above the function hall, but it was only a minor inconvenience.

Lovely hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. Great atmosphere and live music in the main bar. Rooms were clean and spacious.

The hotel is very modern and stylish, with friendly staff, i must say leanne was very helpful with a nice nature, a real asset to the hotel. The room was stunning, very clean and had a great nights sleep. Unfortunately we were in a rush to go meet friends before a show but the resturant looks lovely, a must the next time. Taxi wasnt to costly into the city at £8. We had a nice breakfast which was cooked to order. We will be back (soon i hope).

We regret that we couldn't stay longer.

The hospitality of the staff - welcoming and very friendly. The breakfasts were amazing in terms of the variety of food on offer and the quality.

Not the hotel's fault I think, but a very rowdy and annoying group in having breakfast. I was told that only two of them were actually booked as guests in the hotel.

All was very pleasant. excellent breakfast; big range of choice.

The bar food was terrible -mushy veg and dry beef. Awful after long journey from kildare and all one wanted was to sit back and relax and have something nice to eat and drink. Very disappointing.

Good location and good variety of breakfast options

Bar food very poor. My home made burger was not home made, more like a cheap 50p frozen one from the supermarket. It was over cooked and hard as a rock. The replacement one was the same. Breakfast was no different, Irish full breakfast over cook. Cook/chief have no pride. Stix and stones restaurant was much better if you cooked your own steak/lamb or fish on a hot stone.

Easy access to the motorway

Internet patchy. Didn't understand having to leave a £50 returnable deposit at check in.

Staff were so helpful& friendly. Fantastic shower with lots of hot water. Control over heating in room (very important as we stayed during heavy snow) excellent on site restaurant. Plentiful good quality breakfast. Liked having secure key entry to bedroom corridor.

Absolutely nothing !!

The Balmoral Hotel was excellent, I'd read recent reviews before making my booking, all where 100% correct. Evening meal & breakfast was also excellent, good selection and cooked to perfection. Staff, from every member of staff who help me during my stay where absolutely brilliant , nothing was any trouble.

Shower had no power in it. Breakfast times given were wrong. Stayed the night before not through booking.com and was given a different price to when we booked the room in November

The fire alarm going off , being billed for food I didn’t have . I checked in late after a long day and there was no where to get anything more than a box of pringels !

The room was nice.

• Classic Triple Room

Bathroom floor tiles looked poorly fitted and shabby, internet good but cut out at times. Personal preference but would have liked a bath tub.

Great Breakfast, Great Dinner in the hotel's Queen Anne Pub & Restaurant, Comfortable bed, Decent internet, Free Parking, Friendly and efficient staff.

On the occasion of our visit, nothing.

The hotel was warm. Room lay-out very good. Everyone friendly.room tidied to highest standard. Breakfast superb.

The food in the restaurant stix and stones was really lovely. A very helpful staff member drove in front of us on our way out of Belfast the day we went home to make sure we found our way. We were so grateful and amazed at her kindness

Some renovations being done at the expense of the customer. Halls being painted, showers not working. Radiator faullty...all teething problems which im sure will be sorted soon.

Stix and stones amazing food and service. Bar food great and stunning venue and decor.

Painting and wallpapering on going in our hallway to our room for our stay. Four tradsmen scraping wallpaper of the wall at 8:00 in the morning outside our bedroom. We should have been moved to other side of hotel. No satisfaction when told about same.

It met all our needs for our trip. location, facilities, choise of bars and resturants within the hotel. Comforts. friendly staff.

Service in the dining room a person called Kate served us with a attitude of I hate the world.....she never looked at us, she took our order and never explained we could get a variety of choice of potatoes, she just said it comes with potatoes... She didn't come back for ages and when she did she had the same dismissive attitude. She practically threw the soup at us and she made us feel unwanted and uncomfortable. Staff like Kate make a very bad impression for any business. She needs to give herself a good look at and change her attitude to customer service. I wouldn't ear in that restaurant again because of her!!!

Food excellent. Reception great service.

The only downside for me was the size of the bathroom. But that is just me being very picky, it was very clean and a decent size shower however getting into the bathroom took a bit of manouvering and the water pressure in the shower left a lot to be desired.

Both myself and my partner had a great nights sleep on the most comfortable beds. Breakfast was really good with a fantastic selection on offer. Receptionist checking us in was very friendly and helpful. The food in the Lady Anne Brasserie was delicious and the staff there also were very friendly and helpful.

as above, could do with pool too.

very nice hotel not been before, staff very friendly & helpful, rooms were great, clean, roomy, breakfast very good, but need to know how to do poached eggs, bit hard but enjoyed them, need to be bit runny next time, will definitely use again.