Reviews of Barrington Lodge 4 stars

Hunter Road, Crawley, RH10 6SY, United Kingdom

#9 of 12 B&Bs and Inns in Crawley

Adequate if you only want a base to sleep and have breakfast
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We had a ‘de luxe’ twin room. (Glad we didn’t go for standard) Our room was small with not enough space to open en suite door more than half way before it hit the bed, On various occasions, including on two evenings, the room was noisy from the tumble dryer and it’s outlet below our window. No chance of a husband in less than perfect health chilling out before a late night out ahead. We had to leave unexpectedly a day early. The person who came to Reception (not a receptionist) did not speak good English and we don’t think he understood why we were leaving early. DONT stay in room 103 if you want the chance to rest.

Room was clean and the cooked breakfast at the weekend was lovely. Reception staff (except the stand in on departure) were lovely and very friendly.

Ideal for stopover
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing to dislike

Room was ideal for 2 nights just what was needed. Cannot comment on breakfast as we left too early for this. Staff were very helpful.

Clean, lovely breakfast, friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower was abit small

The breakfast was lovely and fresh. Plenty of choice. The hotel was 15 minutes from the Royal international horse show so ideal to rest tired legs after a busy day. It was clean and tidy and there where lots of snacks and drinks to help ourselves to in the room.

The bed was a good size and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower didn't work and as no one was on check out didn't get the chance to tell them. Having to pre book a cooked breakfast was slightly annoying but you also didn't get a choice of what to have so my partner ended up with a fried egg which she is allergic to !

The bed was a good size and comfortable. Room was lovely and quiet

Don’t like dirt
    • Deluxe Double Room

Needs a deep cleaning, update sheds of filthy carpet, clean the showers!

Nice young man working there for just a month trying to do everything himself, desk, breakfast etc.

we were here for a family gathering, some of the family had stayed here before and recommended the
    • Deluxe Double Room

the staff were frewindly and helpful, we turned up having driven over 90 miles, an hour early but we were alowed into our room, very welcome. Thet do a basic menu for a hot meal, and the breakfast was adequate for our needs, plenty of choice for cerials, crosounts, and pano chocolats, as much tea and coffee, and also toast. The room was comfortable with the best stocked snacks tray we have ever come across,

The Breakfast was great.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Bathroom was clean but had a damp smell to it.

The Breakfast was great. Would be nice to have the option of full English on week days. Very comfortable bed.

Good for Gatwick
    • Deluxe Single Room

Little bit noisy but I soon fell asleep.

Perfect for early flight at Gatwick - I turned up , went to bed, got up left. My room was fine, clean towels, tea and Coffee and pretty comfy bed. Guy on reception cheerful enough :-)

Super comfortable lodging close to Gatwick airport!
    • Deluxe Single Room

The internet was a bit unstable.

On my journey from Iceland to Italy I just needed a hotel near Gatwick airport for one night. And what a gem I found - the tranquil and comfort Barrington Lodge. Super comfy, clean, cozy and friendly staff and as a bonus a beautiful sunshine morning before I left with the feeling that I would return to this oasis.

The location is the saving grace...
    • Deluxe Double Room

If you stay in room 101, don't shut the bathroom door, as you can't open it from inside the bathroom. I got stuck and my girlfriend had to save me. Also, there weren't enough plug sockets in the room. Not for our things, for the actual things that were already in the room. If you wanted to have the alarm clock plugged in, you had to unplug either the kettle or the 12 inch TV...

The location for Gatwick Airport is fantastic. The staff were friendly & helpful. The rooms were basic & clean.

Awful

See above

Room so small I couldn't even get my suitcase anywhere to open it properly bed very uncomfortable no cooked breakfast on offer apart from weekends your pictures of this show a cooked breakfast! also what was available was very poor just cereal and some croissants which were all left uncovered so flies can get on them . Your photos of this hotel do not reflect on what it actually looks like. I was also phoned whilst at the airport next morning to ask if i knew anything about 2 missing towels ! I explained that they were under my pillow as only 1 pillow each and non spare in room . Overall extremely disappointed and would not recommend it to anyone

Quiet location, good size rooms, polite & friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hearing the person next door snore! Unsightly rusty paint on radiator and loo seat that moved evertime you sat on it.

Very peaceful location. All the staff were very polite and friendly. Especially the young man on reception who guided us over the phone to the location when we got lost in Crawley getting to the hotel.

Not a pleasant experience.
    • Deluxe Single Room

I was given a room upon arrival, 3 hours later the reception guy opened the door and walked in to tell me he had given me the wrong room. I had showered and was already in bed so to say the least it was a shock, oh and no apology either, Dreadful ! Room was dirty and beds were knackered.

Leaving in the morning

Quiet enough and away from busy roads, tea/coffee in...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed was by far the worst I’ve ever slept in (hard, felt the springs and creaked with every move). Toilet didn’t flush properly & seat was broken. Deluxe Double Room was so small that 2 people couldn’t walk around the bed/floorspace together (both very slight people at that). Not the peaceful night I’d hoped for before long travel the next morning. NEVER again!

Quiet enough and away from busy roads, tea/coffee in room was plentiful, check in was efficient and friendly,

Felt like we stayed at Fawlty Towers .
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was extremely small . The photo did not represent a true reality of the room. Led to believe full English breakfast included in price . Had to pay extra for that and state a time . The cook did not know what he was doing had no training food cold on the second morning I went into kitchen and cooked our own breakfast to show the cook how to do it and have everything ready at the same time . Cook and his helper lovely guys but no training had been given they really had no idea . Please put them on a course they are lovely people and really wanted to please don’t lose good staff because being owners you lack in basic training for them !

Cleanliness was the best part of the hotel . Staff were really really lovely .

Nice quiet clean place.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The shower accessories were the poorest quality gels you would find.There wash ability was zero.

Nice quiet clean place. Open late ,great parking, near town centre.

Great place to stay near central Crawley but avoid the breakfast
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The breakfast was really quite bad for the price but there's plenty of it at least

Really comfy bed and room. Nice hot shower and not noisy at all.

Sassy and sundial
    • Deluxe Triple Room

I had to leave very early the next day, there was no access to a magic carpet or something similar which meant my journey to the train station lasted a whole 15 minutes.

Beds were rather comfortable. Now my wife wants me to buy a new mattress. She knows it's wishful thinking but Barrington lodge has got the ball rolling.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Single Room

I would have liked more milks, or known how to get them, as I like my hot drinks very milky.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The shower was spacious and powerful, and its temperature was easy to control. I appreciated having decaffeinated coffee in the room without having to ask for it. Free onsite parking avoided nasty surprises, which was very welcome; too many places have cheap rooms and pricey parking.

A basic hotel which was somewhere to sleep while we explored gardens in the area.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The single rooms are rather small. The continental breakfast was poor for £5: cereal (OK), only white bread for toast, instant coffee, poor quality croissants. We had a much better breakfast on day 2 in a cafe in Crawley for less than a fiver each. I'm still waiting for my refund for the 2 breakfasts we cancelled in good time.

Friendly staff. Clean room. Parking. Quiet location.

Location was very near to Gatwick airport.

There was too much furniture in the bedroom, bed was too soft. Shower head leaked.

Location was very near to Gatwick airport....room was clean...staff were friendly and helpful...booked a taxi for us to the airport...breakfast was good, fresh croissants and choice of cereals.

Acceptable but the lack of customer service was appalling.
    • Deluxe Single Room

By accident, I left my false tooth in my room when I left for the airport at around 4.30am. I did not knock up the staff but thought that if I called from Spain when I arrived, I could ask the staff to forward my tooth to my home address. Unfortunately the manager refused to do so and hence I was obliged to return to the hotel on my return to Gatwick and risk missing a Planning Committee meeting in Newbury - it was pathetic customer service and I will not return to the Barrington Lodge!!!

It was cheap!

Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Fine for short stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was quite poor. We had continental but poor selection not even a yoghurt or piece of fruit.

Nice comfy bed and clean room. Staff were mostly friendly and helpful.

The room was supposed to be for 4 people - there were two...
    • Deluxe Family Suite

The room was supposed to be for 4 people - there were two beds, one of them was a double bed, which was OK, the other one was a sofa-bed which was quite narrow, but in the end was OK for one night for two people.

Friendly staff. Extra bed felt like a torture bed.
    • Deluxe Family Suite

The extra bed in the family room was horrible. I could feel every bedspring and it was not comfortable at all. Less possibilities to hang the towels for 4 people.

The staff was friendly.

Good location for Gatwick Airport.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The £5 continental breakfast only featured cereals, toast and pastries, whereas many include at least a hardboiled egg and sometimes cold meats and cheeses.

This quaint-looking hotel is located in a residential area, steps away from a pub. It is an ideal place to overnight, if using Gatwick airport, as it is less than 30 minutes drive from the terminal, even in rush-hour. The rooms are spacious and it has onsite parking. Because it is well off a major road the room was very quiet.

Great pictures on the web site / sadly this didnt transpire into the rooms.
    • Deluxe Double Room

In the middle of a housing estate, took ages to get out as cars are parked on one side of the road, only room for one car. Mediocre comfort - not what I would call a 4* Hotel - gives the rating lip service.

The price.

The staff is great and the hotel is very clean.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The room I was given to stay, the television is not working. Throughout my stay I couldn't watch television. Showing no signal.

The location of the hotel is very close to checkatrade stadium where I visited. Also very close to the city centre.

Quiet location, friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I couldn't remove the plug from the sink in the bathroom so the water couldn't run freely, it was a bit of a nusience... but it could of been that I wasn't doing it right, o my fault maybe? should of asked for help with it. But I made do.

The bed was very comfy, shower was good. breakfast was very nice. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. It was a lovely quiet location too.

It was far to hot like a sauna and we couldn't turn...
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was far to hot like a sauna and we couldn't turn heating down my friend and I left at 5 in the morning bfore breakfast that we had paid for because we just couldn't sleep

Really enjoyed staying here, excellent in every aspect!
    • Deluxe Single Room

It was warm cosy, very clean, very friendly hosts. The beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was exceptional. Excellent value for money will def stay again.

Beautiful hotel and great value for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff were very accommodating, even though we checked in a little late, and let us have a drink before we retired for the night. The beds were SUPER comfy and the pillows felt like sleeping on a cloud. We felt it was great value for money and made for a nice romantic little get away .

Wish we hadn't bothered
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast was very poor for the price,very poor choice of cereal,plenty of sweet pastries no good if like us you are diabetic we ended up stopping on route to the airport. Everytime we walked anywhere in the room the floorboards squeaked loudly. The bed(s) was very low and noisy whenever you moved.You could here the people in the other rooms.We would not stay there again.

Room was very small, bed small.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was very small, bed small. Shower doesn’t work properly. Tv screen as big as my laptop screen. The worst part was in the morning at the breakfast time- only toast and cereals- no coffee whatsoever! But when you booking no one states that. English breakfast served over the weekend only. Card payment not working- you have to go and found ATM to get cash and then pay.

Fab customer service
    • Deluxe Double Room

I didn't book on time so a bit pricey

Excellent customer service from the black lady who checked me in. Courteous and efficient! Moved my room on request for Wi-Fi reception. Great service.

Despite excellent staff member, hotel only adequate on the essentials but avoidable for the future.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Disappointingly, breakfast not served until 07:30am - too late for me. Extreme noise from street outside, from 01:10 in the morning for about 90 minutes, wrecked my sleep. Hotel is in a built-up housing area - extremely unpleasant, drunken rows were very loud. (Photo on website gives impression of hotel standing alone.) Shower very temperamental! Care needed to avoid chilling - or being scalded!

The sole member of staff that I met was extremely pleasant and helpful - couldn't have been nicer. Restaurant nicely set out. Menu very small but microwaved meal very reasonably priced. Wi-Fi was stable - good. Room reasonably comfortable.

Whilst the property was looking a little tired and not the...
    • Deluxe Single Room

Whilst the property was looking a little tired and not the easiest place to find I could not fault the helpfulness of the staff, the overall cleanliness, attention to detail and a wonderful comfy bed - and who can resist hot croissants straight from the oven anyway. Great value! I would certainly stay there again.

The accommodation did what was needed.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Room was too warm even with radiators turned off. Resulting in not the best 1st nights sleep. Very noisy early in the morning with slamming doors.

Facilities were generally clean and tidy.

Okay if you literally just need a place to sleep for the night.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The place needs a refurbishment. Floors looks very dirty and things were broken and rusty.

Bed was comfy and there was lots of tea and coffee in the room!

The staff were really friendly and helpful.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was cooked while we waited and was really tasty. The rooms were spotless, warm and cosy. We found a lovely pub next door (The new moon) where we had a lovely evening meal, watched a live awesome band and were made to feel welcome by the regulars.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Hire some good cleaners please? Reference to Room 103.
    • Deluxe Single Room

As there was no lift the staff member could have helped me with my suitcase up the flight of stairs, but I guess he was wanting to go home, and the thought of helping a woman alone was a bit too much. Although room 103 is adequately kitted out with all the amenities required, such as TV, Tea and Coffee facilities etc, the TV would not come on. I did not call staff because I realised the last man standing had finished for the night. All that aside, in the room, especially the carpet and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned properly. The carpet appeared to be a comfortable haven for carpet mites. You will see from the photos that the area around the door stop had not been cleaned for some time, and there was a hint of Uric acid coming from the bathroom. It stayed in my nostrils all night. I realised in the morning that the smell was coming from the unwashed shower curtain. When the bottom of the shower curtain starts to turn pink it means bacteria is rife and it is time to wash it at a high temp to kill the bacteria. There was black mould growing in between the tiles. See photos. This mould, when in contact with warmth actually comes alive, as if invigorated, and the person using the cubicle will be breathing in the spores, as did I.

I had a long journey by car, and arrived at 10pm. There was adequate parking on site. The grounds were well lit. The building is Mock Tudor and looks appealing. The last member of staff on site was friendly and a little helpful. He brought refreshments to my room. He also checked that the radiator was on because it was a cold evening. I was leaving early for a flight and he explained the process for leaving the key in the morning. The room is actually nicely decorated, for such a small area. The view is nothing to behold, but then I was there to sleep before an early flight.

Never again
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room very small and cramped. Bathroom dirty. Deal when booked said Breakfast included but it wasn’t, had to pay extra! Receptionist quite rude about it.

Very large comfy bed.

Didn't stay emergency at home. Previous stays perfect
    • Deluxe Single Room

Only a personal downer for myself but a cooked breakfast isn't available

Although I didn't actually stay that night due to an emergency at home I have based everything on previous stays. It's an ideal qieut place but close to all ares of Crawley. Staff are always welcoming and well mannered. Just a shame I didn't stay

Great value
    • Deluxe Double Room

Tricky to get to, as it's in the middle of a housing estate and some local residents park inconsiderately.

Comfortable and good value with plenty of parking.

Faulty towers
    • Deluxe Single Room

As below. Also a lot of noise from other people.

Rooms on arrival very cold although heating was put on when requested. Room was clean but very small and very limited storage space. Bed was clean but mattress old and tired

I loved it
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lots of foot traffic by cars but no problem just worried car would be damaged

I like the old look and feel of this hotel there is not many left like this one in England or any where I like it close to air port I will stay here again

No real complaints, but not sure it's really a 4 star hotel.
    • Deluxe Single Room

I'm not sure how it's a 4 star as it's not really that quality. Location is a bit difficult but that's hardly going to change, staff twice took a while to turn up at the desk and there's no bell? Some cleanliness issues - and the fan the first time I stayed was really noisy in the bedroom - think others have had the same issue. It's not like that bad overall though, just a little much for the money.

The bedrooms are pretty clean, can order food to the room, parking is pretty decent, staff are friendly and helpful. Generally, I thought this was quite a decent place to stay.

Not worth the price , by a long way !!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Room was rather small and cramped for a twin room . Room freezing on arrival. staff informed, they would turn on that moment I complained. Only one table lamp in twin room. bulb not working at (spotlamps interior room entrance). Discovered empty pop bottles at side of bed and empty chocolate sweet wrappers on return to room from evening out . Heating not on again. moved bed nearest radiator to access thermostat.Still not working Informed night porter , who immediately brought a freestanding radiator , which was adequate. not enough plugs and no usb charging points . Have stayed at cheaper that were better., cheap white bread . No brown Breakfast adequate. power cut next morning. So left early!!

not a lot staff were friendly , I wouldnt say welcoming . But extremely helpful coffee and tea facilities good.

Comfortable clean accomodation, ideal for a short stay
    • Deluxe Single Room

Very limited evening meal selection, and continental breakfast only, available (Friday). However, I realised it was only a small hotel.

quiet accommodation. Staff in the dining room very friendly. Good clean modern ensuite. Comfortable bed. Good tea making facility

Convienent to airport and shopping center
    • Deluxe Double Room

Size of room tv. Could hear person coughing next room If your at front with window open can hear guests going and coming

Room very small only fit for one no lift small tv that kept loosing picture . Near gatwickairport taxi fare reasonable

Good value for money, very handy location for a trip to Gatwick Airport in the morning.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was very thankful for my sat nav as Barrington Lodge was buried in a housing estate and not so easy to find!

The room was small but very clean and comfy, with everything you could ask for. Spacious clean bathroom. The staff were friendly and helpful.

the quietness and the staff are the highlight of my stay
    • Deluxe Single Room

the cost as i feel it would have been more value for money if its was £40 especially for a sngle room and its location was not to far but was not close enough aswel. fridge in the room could help.

the staff. i cant remember her name but she is from gambia. she was very friendly and helpfull. good service.

The staff were very helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom fittings are a bit old. Room lighting brightness could also be improved. Took a while to fall asleep - one can hear everything going on in adjoining rooms/corridor.

The staff were very helpful. Convenient location within walking distance to city centre and K2 Crawley. Clean rooms.

Not worth the amount of money we paid and would not return
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The room was very cold and they did not put the heating on,the bathroom was not up to 4 star rating more like 1 star,the tap was loose on the basin,the toilet seat was loose and swiveled about and there was mould everywhere around the bath,also black mould in the corner of the bedroom,the continental breakfast was almost none excisent very very poor.The wi fi did not work in the room only outside on the landing.

On arrival we were greeted by a lovely bubbly receptionist she could not have been more helpful we do not know her name or nationality.

Comfortable but I've staying in nicer places.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very tired rooms need decorating and carpet and beds needs replacing, beds were very old and valance sheets didn't fit, so you could see the old base of beds! Curtains were hanging off the rails. I have stayed in nicer accommodation.

Clean sheets and towels. Hot shower

Was ok for 1 night but not 4 star, 3 at best.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Tired décor. Room very hot and windows did not open. Shower hot but little pressure. Very noisy at night.

It was cheap. Bed was quite comfortable. Staff pleasant.

Very friendly, cosy, quiet place to stay any day of the week.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The bed was extremely comfy, the room was cosy with everything to hand including extra nibbles and soft drinks. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a quiet comfortable stay off the beaten track.

Convenient location for my purposes.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Bathroom worth mentioning. Toilet cistern consistently dripped I think and damp and cold in bathroom. Facilities fine in themselves but damp may need some attention. 401.

Convenient location for my purposes. Quiet and comfortable. Very nice lady on reception at check in. Catherine I think?

A great weekend away with my friends and horse as we were at Hickstead, the accommodation was great
    • Deluxe Family Suite

It was in quite a strange location but we found it easy enough. My only dislike was that the bedding smelt as though it had been washed and then not dried quickly enough but it was clean.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The accommodation was great value for money and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

Bed was very uncomfortable and the walls are very thin.
    • Deluxe Double Room

the bed and being woke up multiple times by people in the adjoining room

Bed was very uncomfortable and the walls are very thin. We could hear everything the late arrivers in the adjoining room where saying

Ideal for a short stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was deluxe, very small and compact. hate to imagine what a standard sized room would be. Driving through an estate might be offputting to some. It was further than we thought from our pick up car location, and would have been difficult to find without a sat nav

Small comfy room, it suited purpose as we were just wanting a reasonably priced accommodation for a one night stay

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything! The location of the property was within a housing estate, the accommodation felt dirty and I didn't even attempt to view a room.

Basic but did the job
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were placed at the front of the B&B and there was a security light that the curtains didn't keep out so room was quite bright. Bed wasn't very comfy and we could hear someone snoring next door. Room was also freezing. Breakfast isn't worth £5 but for one night stop over we would return again. It was clean and that is the most important thing.

The receptionist lady was lovely. Made us feel very welcome. The location was great and set back so not on a busy roaf and had a good sized car park. We went in a large van and there was good space for us.

Poor unable to sleep due to beds and carpark outside with deliveries

Strong Smell of damp coming from bathroom although bathroom was clean and lovely. All 3 bedrooms had poor soft beds which meant all my guests were unable to sleep and we all had back problems.GM said the owners are constantly told about the poor beds but refuse to replace them.Trip advisor comments 100% correct but not in relation to the staff. I can say that Barrington Lodge has lost our custom over the next few months based on the beds alone.Friend of mine owns 5 star 120 bedroom hotel and I am aware of how hotels work. We start work at 730 on site but breakfast despite being continental only starts at 730. I asked if we could come dowm at 7am. The GM said no due to croissants not being ready. I said well we dont want them so could come early. He said no. So I turned up early and everything was ready to go a 710! I picked up a croissant at 730 on the dot whilst leaving and was lovely. The laundry man turned up at 4am outside the main door and woke me up from the only hour I had fallen asleep.He took an hour to load. Bin men following day about 530am and then scaffolders trying to get their truck out at 3am from the carpark. Monday morning when we were due to start our project we discovered the rear of the van had fallen through the carpark drain where the parking space had been laid out right where a tyer would go! I think the drain came first! Hotel offered no support or help despite their drain lid so we had to locate someone with a Land Rover to pull the van out. Having left a huge hole in the carpark my company sorted the Health and Safety whilst the manager remained inside and found boards a cone to cover the hole. Drain was repaired within 2 days and correct weight lid fitted.Although we did not see the staff much, when we did they were lovely.

croissants were great, liked the old style building amoungstthe council estate the hotelis situated.pub food next door and facilities were great.

just read the above. it say's it all.
    • Deluxe Single Room

nothing , because fior me it was perfect

What more is there to say, when you have a good nights sleep everything is ok with the world, and that is what I got, a great night's sleep and for a very great price. I cant really coment on other parts of the hotel as I just wanted a bed for the weekend and yes I would use the hotel again.

Sadly would not go again. Staff tried hard

Room too small (room 103) for a double bed. Mattress horrendous, could feel the springs. Breakfast saussages poor quality. Shower head dirty, shower holder dirty, sink overflow dirty. Kettle wouldnt automatically switch off which was dangerous as it was close to power points. Very dark room, tiny TV. No way it should have been a double room. On the first night we were kept awake for an hour, sounded like a constant running toilet. Car park gave a terrible 1st impression with what looked like dumped cars, also badly maintained car park surround. Dinning room patio area was un- inviting, some nice flower pots and hanging basket would have made it so much nicer

Alex and the breakfast lady were very helpful Th triple room was great

Disappointment

General appearance and upkeep was bad. Very disappointing bathroom taps loose, plug missing from sink tiles grimy shower curtain grimy. Breakfast overcooked Continental breakfast inadequate No lounge facilities, just the bare minimum

The staff were helpful and cheerfull

Absolute rubbish.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Beds are shocking. When you lie on the mattress, you hit the base instantly. One of our guests woke up with a back in spasm and couldn't move. He had to go to hospital and get pain killers and anti inflammatory meds. After a long drive From the north, all we needed was a reasonable bed: these were shockingly bad. We complained and the staff sold us we were lying and they never had complaints. Upon checkout I spoke with Alex the manager and he said the hotel owners would not invest in badly needed new mattresses. No refund or discount was possible as we were pre-booked through this site. Abolsute rip off. Rubbish location on a council estate. Car park looks grim.

The drive away from this hotel.

Our weekend at Crawley .
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Location little hard to find without sat nav.

The manager was very welcoming,Very pleasant and Very helpful,The room and bathroom was clean bedding and towels very clean.Tea and coffee in room.We had a full English breakfast,which was very well presented plentiful and thoroughly enjoyed.And on the doorstep a very welcoming clean pub The New Moon.Where we enjoyed a quiet drink after a long journey.

good parking and arrangements to access property late.
    • Deluxe Family Suite

Sofa bed uncomfortable. Shower poor. Breakfast very poor. Didn't realize it was continental breakfast - would have been nice to have offered us a cooked breakfast for an additional price. When we asked if we could have a cooked breakfast we were told it would take half and hour to cook. Other people were still eating theirs. Only white bread available. No tea in pots. No fruit/yoghurt.

good parking and arrangements to access property late.

it was clean and quite
    • Deluxe Double Room

small bathroom and crapped room - description of locality and nearness to restaurant etc misleading - aslo way off beaten track and not in an easy place to find

it was clean and quite

Shoddy
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was real dirty. Nuts and bits of food around the bed. Dirty cups spoons and napkins. Cleanliness very very poor. If we had not had to get up early for business. I would not of stayed the night.

Nothing really

Honest basic hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Food to purchase in room left out with no fridge and not obviously complementary which could prove expensive if children helped themselves

Pub nearby for food and drink

Some things could be better. Good location
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Wifi did not work, could not get hold of staff and the bathroom floor had water which didn't dry.

The staff were friendly, but we couldn't always get hold of anyone

Beware when booking sight unseen.
    • Deluxe Family Suite

Was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Totally sub-standard. Room entry was immediately next to the front reception desk with poor sound proofing. The mattress was 20 years overdue to be thrown-out. No temperature thermostat and windows were left open so the room was freezing all night. Light bulbs in bed side lamps not working, power leads draped over furniture, only 1x EU power point (the shaver socket in the bathroom) Couldn't wait to leave the place.. what a nightmare.