Reviews of Baylis House Hotel - Heathrow 4 stars

Stoke Poges Lane, Slough, SL1 3PB, United Kingdom

#7 of 8 hotels in Slough

6.2

5.9

Overall an enjoyable staycation but bring ID and patience!

I didn’t sleep as I found the bed very hard and the blinds did nothing to stop the light coming into the room from 3am!

We booked a superior double room for myself, husband and baby. The decor was really modern and nice although already had bits of damage here and there. The bathroom was also nice and large but no toiletries and not enough towels. I really didn’t sleep though as the bed was really hard and the sun came into the room by 3am! They definitely need better blinds. We also had dinner in the restaurant. The food was really great - reminded me of a top restaurant in my days living in India and the waiter was super friendly and kind but we waited 1 hour 25 minutes for our food!! They did bring the baby’s really fast though. Also, you need ID for check in, which is a bit odd!

Food needs sorting out

Breakfast limited amount in continental that soon disappeared Only had a cold croissant. No menu didn't know you could have hot food nobody asked. Only found this out on checkout. Lack of signs in building got lost trying to find way around. Didn't have eve meal too much spicy food on menu.

Nice house and decor

Pleasant and generally satisfactory

Room a bit small, breakfast not available until 0700. Insufficient time for a decent breakfast for business users who have appointments at 0800 especially taking into account the traffic in an area serving Heathrow airport

Cleanliness, secure parking, pleasant staff

Stay in Slough

Staff not very accommodating except for the guy doing breakfast in restaurant.slip of paper says breakfast between 7and9 in fact it didn't start untill 8am. No explanation that there was a wedding going on and maybe a bit noisey.

Air con in room

Would I stay again. No Way

I didnt like the fact that I had traveled 200 miles to be told I could not have the room without Passport or driving license ID. In the end they accepted my bank card?? I thought the room was very very overpriced at £95, i expected a lot more. The room smelt!!!! Cant't pinpoint wat it was, but it had a nasty oudor. The fire alarm panel showed various faults in the building I slept in, not even sure if it worked!!!, and my bedroom door didn't have a fire door closer (Im an ex Fire Safety Officer) Dont expect a good long sleep and lie in, as there are no curtain in the window. When you pull the blind down, its still as light!!! Would I stay again. No Way

Breakfast. Paul the waiter is brilliant

Adequate and convenient

Breakfast advertised as available from 7am every day but then told it was from 8am at weekends. My work required a 7am breakfast each day and I had checked ahead of booking that it was available at 7. Even on Monday and Tuesday it was not ready at 7am, although on all 4 nights of my stay they did provide breakfast eventually. Hot rooms, windows don't stay open and thin bed mattress.

Convenient and cheaper than many other local hotels. Courteous staff. Keen to please.

Says it all when phoned twice and awaiting a manager to call back...

1. Didn't get told about needing ID before stay! 2. Didn't get told about the deposits needed for the room. 3. Having told when we left everything fine for them to later take money for apparently having food and beer billed to our room? We paid for food on our card...we never told him our room number. Room couldn't swing a cat in the room that small....TV didnt work....nosey school prom going on....blinds that don't fit the windows!

The only positive was Paul in the bar! This says everything about our stay!

It's a nice hotel just a shame about the location and staff's attitude.

Staff were not customer friendly and didn't fully explain the payment. We should have been told when I called a couple of weeks before to inform the hotel of the time we were arriving that there was a Prom the Friday night and a wedding the Saturday. It was chaos to try and get to the hotel's reception, the staff were rather rude that night some were even rolling their eyes when we arrived. I think the team would benefit from some customer service training.

Bed was comfy, room had what we needed for 2 nights.

Won’t be returning here. It’s a same as the build is beautiful but the outside is untied outside

The food wasn’t good.

The fact you can’t check in without photo id and your not told that before hand. So had to get a friend to go to my home and take a picture of my idea and send it to me. So took over two hours to check in. We had a dog with us! Told we couldn’t Exercise it on the grounds. ( obviously we would clean up after the dog) School prom at the venue. loads of noise from cars and crowds of people that wouldn’t move as we tried to drive in. And the food was sat out in pans in the restaurant for hours with cover.

Good location.

We asked if breakfast included full English and the girl said it was and then we were told it was extra. Very frustrating. We booked breakfast through booking. Com but it didn't specify that it was just continental.

Good location. Plenty parking

Good location.

Room smelled of smoke. Girl at breakfast did not know what she doing, tables weren't set. I asked if breakfast included full English and she said it was and then I was told it was extra. Very frustrating. Also had an issue booking in. I changed the name on the booking through booking. Com but this was not picked up by the hotel and they said they couldn't find my booking. I was part of a group with 2 other rooms.

Good location. Plenty parking. Nice rooms.

Presently suprised - excellent

Only minus I could say was the breakfast wasn't filled as quick as some people wanted, but it wasn't a problem for us.

I was worried because of the feedback, but we found everything great. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had the continental breakfast which was very fresh and there was plenty. Paul the waiter made it his priority to introduce himself and asked us if we needed anything - service was excellent. Reception ladies were very friendly and efficient. Would recommend to anyone.

Not the best

On arrival told I could not stay unless I produced photo ID and gave a £50 deposit On entry to outbuilding where room was situated, stairs smelled musty & carpet old and did not fit the stairs Room furniture & curtains cheap-looking Shower turned cold in the morning. Heard what sounded like rodents chewing at floorboards in the morning. I didn't stay for breakfast.

Location, next to a park and walking distance into town

Easy access to Heathrow.

Very hard to find, even with an excellent GPS in the rental car. Disappointed in the food, the huge beautiful dinner buffet was only spicy curry dishes. Paul, our server, perhaps the manager, was accommodating and had a different dish prepared for me, but it too was highly spiced. The free breakfast had not been specified as a cold buffet. We do not eat grains or dairy, so we had to pay extra for a hot breakfast which was mediocre at best.

Easy access to Heathrow. Very clean.

Overall very poor and will not be stopping here again!

The staff are very rude and not welcoming at all. Saying good morning seems to be offensive to them! The room was dusty with holes in the wall. The holes that had been filled in were not sanded and repainted just left. Every night there were groups of people running up and down our corridor, shouting, singing, drinking and no one to sort the problem. Breakfast is pointless unless you order a continental - it is basically curry and chocolate cake with toast. On departure I raised my concerns with staff however, my comments came across as if they get the comments regularly and just didn't care! What an absolute let down!

The hotel itself looks amazing from the outside. The location of the place is great also. However, this is where the positive points end.

I wouldn’t stay in the hotel again the picture on booking.com should be changed as this misleading

Disappointed in the room No telephone or hairdryer No Iron We paid for a double bed and got two singles pushed together The bathroom wasn’t nice and the curtains had been taken and there had been raw plugs hole left in view The out look from the window was a broken fence panel When you open the window curry smell filled the room. They had charged my account with a meal that I hadn’t had 22.00 the receptionist did explain the error and it will be put in my account in 3days. They were very insistent on Identification From both parties yet we’re bitish citizens. All The hotels I’ve stayed in across the country this as never happened before. The picture on bookings.com should be changed as this is not the part that we stayed in the hotel rooms are the the right of the picture.

On entrance to the hotel and the outside grounds looked nice. Carpet in the bedroom was clean and also bedding

Was ok but preferred better options for food

Only Indian buffet offered for meal at night Breakfast ok but no cooked option No vending machine for drinks

Room was clean Waiter in bar very friendly and accommodating

Functional but annoying and stressful - NEVER AGAIN!

Receptionist extremely rude and very unhelpful. Poor Layout of room - two single beds put together to make double bed. No side table, no dressing table. Bed positioned very close to wall making it extremely awkward to get out of bed. No curtains - poorly fitted blind. Large size kettle, making filling with water very awkward. Cups were very impractical. Lights were too bright and were reflected onto TV with only option to watch TV in darkness.

Good TV Comfy Bed

Very good value and we would definitely stay there again.

The double bed was ok but could have been a bit more comfortable.

The staff were most courteus, helpful and friendly. The Indian buffet was excellent and the patio area is a really relaxing area on a nice day.

Great hotel and good home cooked food.

Didn't like the self service instant coffee with breakfast

It was perfect after a hard days work also much more relaxing than corporate hotels. Lovely to sit in the peaceful garden and only hearing the birds and no noise from aircrafts.

Friendly staff, but very basic room.

The room, although reasonable value for money, was very basic for a four-star hotel. It was small, no carpets, the beds were narrow (though comfortable enough), the bedside light was broken and there were stains on the curtains. When I checked in I was informed that there were two weddings going on at the venue, which was not ideal as the music went on past midnight and I had to make a very early start in the morning.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the Indian food in the restaurant was very nice.

Great Place to Stay with Excellent Food and Staff!

Great friendly staff, excellent food in a nice and quiet, comfortable surroundings. Hotel is slightly off the main beat in its own grounds with twenty four hour security. Rooms are warm and comfortable.

Adequate but won’t be returning.

Double bed was made up of two single mattresses underneath a double-bed sheet and duvet. Security door to building was always open therefore no key card required for entry. Safe wasn’t able to be opened and upon request for opening we were advised it was impossible and would require a member of the maintenance team which would take over 24 hours - our stay was 2 nights. £50 room deposit was taken upon entry to cover potential damages to the room, albeit this was in the small print it was not clearly displayed beforehand and gave off the wrong impression from the start.

Room was spacious. Cleaning staff were friendly.

Pleasant, simple and friendly experience with lovely grounds and quite nice rooms for very good pric

Security are at the gate 24hoyrs and can make you feel a bit awkward at times

The hotel was just what I needed. Simple yet effective. Staff were helpful, the grounds are beautiful and the interiors are welcoming. They have a nice little bar and dining room but they only open it after 6pm. Rooms are quite spacious and equipped with all your expect. Shops and takeaways close by if you are not a fan of indian cuisine as that is what is served in the hotel. Well worth the money!

Unfortunate for such a beautiful building.

The room was small and had a double bed which was not suited for a room that size. Placed on the lower ground where cars where parked directly outside. Bathroom was filthy, and shower not fit for purpose. Bed had hairs in the bed linen. Building waste found in and around the back of building.

The old fashion traditional English heritage feel. Along with the decor at the front of the building.

Arrogant and unprofessional and absolute cheek to take a deposit and not return it.

It was my first night to try the hotel with a view to have our film crew stay from pine wood studios. I was asked to pay a £50 deposit which I found was an extremely unusual request as I had never been asked before anywhere in the world. This indicates to me that this hotel takes a lot of undesirable people who potentially trash the place. When I sought my deposit back on check out I was told it would be refunded in a 3 to 5 working days. I was furious about this. This hotel was able to take my deposit on check in but refused on check out, how arrogant. I was entitled to a discount from booking on booking.com and the reception said she knew nothing about it and there would be no discount. Very unprofessional and pulled found s different hotel for our crew to stay in for the next three months. Big loss for them.

The Latvian receptionist was a lovely girl.

Pleasant & nice

Bar not always manned obviously only during peak periods but difficult to sometimes locate a staff member to operate it

Nice & clean and staff very helpful

Inexpensive, good location, quiet midweek, Horible, horrible beds, single rooms are very tiny.

The bed. Oh my God the bed. I changed room several times trying to find a mattress that had some springs left in it. I note that whereas other reviewers have made similar comments other reviewers have praised the bed so I can only assume that some rooms have been updated with New Mattresses. The reception. Tiny desk with one person. It takes about 10 mins to check in a guest which is not good if you turn up at a busy time and there are guests queuing in front of you. You will need a photo i.d which they take a copy off. I wonder what their policy is regarding storage of personal data?? and pay a £50 deposit. Being picky, in the final room I was given I had missing lightbulbs, no bedside tables and no bedside lights. I also thought I had no hot water for a while until I discovered the taps were switched around. This is clearly a venue whose strategy is to cater for Indian weddings and Indian guests as evidenced by the huge marquee and the superb Indian Buffett and Indian breakfast. A downside to this however is the smell of Indian cooking pervades everywhere in the hotel. You pass the kitchens on the way to reception and it really hits you when you walk into reception as the restaurant leads of the reception area. Ok if you are a big fan of Indian Cuisine but maybe not all the time... Fix the beds and I would gladly stay here again and even pay more. As it is I'm afraid its back to the Holiday Inn Express for me

Rooms were very clean; Location was quiet but I was there on a Wednesday night. Lots of parking. inexpensive compared to other hotels in Slough

some parts good, some parts average.

The rooms were depressing, the corridors had some nasty fake burberry wallpaper that was not hung properly. receptionists seemed confused with me pre-paying online, took a long time to sort out then two mysterious beers appeared on my bill, which were later removed.

Really enjoyed the service from the restaurant staff, especially Paul

Quite, clean, comfortable plenty of free, easy parking with...

Lights in bathroom very dim, room was very small. fine for sleeping in but not much else.

Quite, clean, comfortable plenty of free, easy parking with security on the gate.

Would book again.

Room bit small.

Staff were excellent. Was made to feel welcome. Food, both evening meal and breakfast were excellent. If anything, room was bit small but comfortable and clean. Would book again.

A peaceful place to stay.

There was nothing about Baylis House that i did not like.

The area is secure with Security at the gate, lots of parking spaces. the staff were very friendly & helpful. The room was ok for my use. I did not use the facilities this time but i have stayed at this hotel a few times

average

Need for ID when checking in without being advised beforehand £50 deposit taken at check-in with no warning beforehand No lift to first floor so had to carry my bicycle upstairs No access to a sandwich mid-afternoon despite room service advertised as available very noisy cleaners when trying to sleep until 10am having completed charity through-the-night bike ride - lots of door banging!

Smiling receptionist

Great re-furb

Great location, fantastic recent re-furb to restaurant & bar area. Staff very attentive & restaurant manager Paul very keen to help & ensure everything is to your liking. Food in the restaurant cooked to order was superb.

The bed was the most uncomfortable I’ve had in a hotel, the...

The bed was the most uncomfortable I’ve had in a hotel, the mattress was clearly very old and done, you could feel no support. There was old furniture and rubbish all over the car park areas which really detracted from the exterior and in the room no low lighting.

Basic, was expecting better. Breakfast was a let down.

Breakfast was poor for a hotel. charged extra for eggs. Different food on display for other guests that we were not allowed to have. Very strange. Never experienced that before anywhere. Noise form 3 seperate parties very loud bass drum , disturbed sleep.

Location , close to Windsor.

Poor all round

I stayed here after a wedding and wish I didn’t. The reception staff were brash and insisted on photocopying my ID to then store in a file in the office for three months - not overly secure. The bedhead was covered in hair as was the bed itself. The rooms were basic which is expected for the price but hygiene and cleanliness is a necessity no matter the price. The breakfast service was exceptionally slow despite only a handful of people in there - we had to ask three time for tea and water. The food was ok. Upon checkout I told the receptionist my experience but she didn’t seem to care nor did she apologise. All in all I wouldn’t recommend staying at Baylis House.

with the exception of the ist impression (heavy curry smell in reception) 1st class.

The thick heavy smell of curry in the reception area upon arrival

Based on the cost of the room I have only one criticism to make. We arrived in the evening just as meals were being served. As the door to reception opened I was hit with an overpowering smell of curry that immediately made me question my choice of accommodation. I would strongly suggest putting a door to the dining room to prevent the smell from travelling to the reception as it was not a great 1st impression.

Great value for money

No mirror in main room no hair dryer and could do with a lamp near bed

The room was perfect for our one night stay...could benefit from a mirror in the main bed room and a hair dryer

Excellent staff, restaurant/bar area - rooms desperately need renovating.

The rooms are deteriorating. The was a hole in the wall, stains on the wall and bathroom tiles. The bedrooms were cleaned OK, it was just the age of the rooms. They need completely renovating. The restaurant building looked very nice in comparison. Walls are extremely thin and you can hear every neighbour and walk down the corridor.

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, particularly the guy in the restaurant/bar.

We found your hotel above our expectations.

It was the bed which I found a little uncomfortable.

Everything about your hotel was excellent.. just one little complaint I did find the bed slightly uncomfortable. But would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

Some of the mats were covered in rubbish. Some of the carpet tiles were not fitted. There were lots of things on the corridor window sills. The one chair in my room was most uncomfortable. The sink in the bathroom had a large crack in it. I had a pizza in the bar and I am sure it was a frozen pizza. Hard around the edges and squishy inside. I asked the barman to run the television off, as I was the only one in the room. He said he would, be he didn't.

The staff were friendly.

Absolutely shocking worst hotel I have stayed in. I will be asking for a refund.

The worst hotel i have stayed in. The rooms shown on website are not all the rooms very misleading pictures on website we were given a room in an outbuilding thats was shocking dirty and smelt. The good rooms were given to white people and business men. I dont understand why people put up fake pictures. We paid for what we saw online. But didnt get that. We will be reporting this as what we paid was shocking.

Room not finished no plug for bath breakfast unorganised and they tried to charge me more but I had myemail to argue the case which the poor woman in front of me didn't t and shewas treated rudely

Apauling

There was no running hot or cold water in the Tap in the rooms, behind the reception area, in the morning to have a shower, so i had to use the bottled water to wash my face and leave for my meeting, i was not happy at all. Staff excuse after complaint? She will find out and get back to me......

Nothing special

Good value for money great event facilities

On arrival the cistern n our allocated room was running water all the time and there were maintenance tools in the bath

Staff were excellent Breakfast was great value for money

We will be using this again. The cost is much more favourable than others in the area.

The hotel was well located - and the obvious plus was a constant presence of security 24/7. It's a smart hotel, the staff were very welcoming and they manage the events with the hotel element really well.

Average

Asking to pay a deposit apart from the room rate, so that 'i dont destroy their room', i find that very derogatory.

There were no staff to attend to me, when i came for breakfast, nor directions on where to sit. Sat somewhere and was asked to move to another table, with a friend, which i found embarrassing.

Lovely Hotel as a stop off to Legoland, just needs some TLC

Sadly the menu (pizza) room service was poor under cooked and no ice cream with the pudding - my son couldnt eat so wnet to bed hungry, I was a little unwell the following day. Hence we didn't stay for breakfast. my son whos only 6 said why did we park in the dump (round the back) sorry but that was a childs comment! the "double bed was two singles pushed together, and quite old mattress and felt springs.

I loved the building and the decor my son and I loved the colourful tv, staicase and lounge areas. Paul in the resturant was a lovely friendly kind man - made us very welcome lovely location, super drive to tree a lined building.

Main building is good.

Basic conference facility rooms which require upgrading.

Main building is good. Restaurant serves extensive value-for-money Indian food buffet on weekday evenings

I did not enjoy the hotel and will not recommend to anyone

The smell of curry in the hotel Breakfast only served 7 - 9 Not a 4 star hotel Light bulbs not operating in room No toothpaste Rude staff Superior room was booked - such a tiny room

The grounds and the main building

Needs new management

Room was small, bathroom had shower curtains which I hate! Property have great potential but out dated! lots of noise due to function held over the weekend. Had to wait ages for breakfast which was ment to be buffet and when the tea arrive it was cold. Not very organised! Tables are very old covered with white table cover! i was shocked to see the table I was eating around! Poor signs! no lifts!

It was ok ... just needs a professional touch to make it a good hotel

It was one of those hotels where everything was a bit broken but not enough to complain. Car park full of junk, lighting sporadically turning on and off, shower head faulty, breakfast served without asking what you want etc etc

Menu is decent ... plenty of choice. Free off road parking and the staff seemed friendly enough

Would choose another hotel if had business in this area again

Continental breakfast was melon,pineapple,toast and tea or coffee ..... not good wouldn't recommend,room needed painted, asked for hairdryer from reception, after 30 seconds of use it produces black smoke,it was last tested in 2012!!! Shower head was poor and dirty.

Grounds around hotel were pretty

Cheap and cheerless

Cold and uncomfortable room. Absolutely no frills.One bedside table. No bedside lamps. Poor lighting. No full-length mirror. Unsatisfactory breakfast. The menu told of american muffins and fresh-baked croissants. this was a lie as there were no such things. Continental Breakfast was: Cut up pineapple and melon, choice of weetabix or cornflakes, tea or coffee. Beside the toaster was a plate with 2 slices of white bread and 2 slices of brown bread. We paid extra for eggs, sausage and bacon. The desi breakfast looked interesting, but as there had been no previous mention of it, and it cost £12 extra, we declined.

Small, clean room Cheap stay.

Never again

Poor check quality Broken bits in room - like remote control filthy and broken - held together with cello tape Needs repainting Lack of hand towels - only 1 per two guests Only two coat hangers in wardrobe

Room dirty and tired

Poor quality

The room electricity didn't work as the card reader wouldn't accept it (it was also hanging off the wall). There was nowhere to hang clothes and there was a big chunk missing from the wall. I decided to take my deposit and not spend the night, instead travelling over an hour to stay with friends.

Not much

Clean and presentable

The price of the room was a slightly high for its size and quality but was clean and tidy and sufficient for one nights brief stay.

Clean and presentable

hopefully next time will be better and more enjoyable stay

instead of a double bed i found two single beds were put together, only 2 towels medium size, no small towel or big ones, toilet button when i was trying to flush gone inside and took us half an hour to pull out and get it working again. in addition to this i was trying to call the reception several times to inform them about this problem and unfortunately no one was there to answer my call or return call back.

room was big enough

very disappointed

The way receptionist said to me they don't know how people will behave when they give them a room. BUT in my point of view there should be some signs to remind people that other people are also staying in the hotel.

It was very noisy. I could hear people talking, loud laugh , passing through our room. Literally I have to get up 3:00 am to go to another room to request them to stop shouting. Did not expect that could not sleep all-night. When I have booked room specially I have requested for a silent room. But it was totally opposite.

Unhelpful staff.

Unhelpful staff. Sub standard rooms. Lack of facilities. Unusual process of requiring deposit payment and £50 plus taking id at check in. Two friends have subsequently had fraudulent bank activity following their stay there during the same week. Sub standard food. Meal options poor. I could go on and on and on......

It was close to where I needed to be for a friend’s wedding

Stayed there on two occasions over the space of a week. They wouldn’t guarantee us late check out even though we had asked them on multiple occasions prior to the day we needed late check out. When we checked in the second time that week, I was finally told that late check out would be okay so I pre authorised my card for enough money to allow for late check out and still got a call to the room at normal check out time asking why we haven’t checked out yet because there was no note left on our file. The first room we were offered on the first visit that week was tiny and in no way worth the money. I could have paid the same amount, if not less, and stayed at the holiday inn which I’ve stayed at before in Slough and is much nicer. The second stay of that week was again in a far too tiny room for the price. The shower wouldn’t drain, the lighting in all rooms were awful and it took at least an hour for someone to change a light bulb that had blown in the second room we stayed in that night and the air con was faulty in both rooms we stayed in that week. The venue when you arrive looks lovely but the accommodation area is significantly below subpar. The hotel definitely should NOT be boasting a 4 star rating. It’s 2 stars at best.

It was close to where I needed to be for a friend’s wedding

Won't be back.

Rooms very, very hot. Bed / pillows extremely uncomfortable. School group running up and down corridors after midnight. Fire alarm at 7.30am. Odd system of booking in where full cost of room + £50 deposit was taken from my card and then I was charged again on checkout and the first sum refunded - but told it wouldn't be credited back to my account for 3-5 days???

Super clean. Staff very courteous.

The building from the outside is beautiful and the public...

I found my room to feel like a cell. A small window overlooking the back wall, with strange blinds that had to be positioned just right to keep the light out for sleeping. Uncomfortable small double bed and old facilities. The room was small tired and in need of investment, I had to ask for a hairdryer ( which was there within 5 mins - so no quibble on service) but no mirrors in the bedroom.

The building from the outside is beautiful and the public areas are kept nice and modern. Staff friendly and helpful.

EXTREMELY POOR DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

ROOM DIRTY HAIRS ON FLOOR IN ROOM AND ON BED DUST ETC NO RADIATORS WORKING AT ALL IN ROOM OR BATHROOM CUPS AND SPOONS DIRTY STAINED STAIRCASE CARPET RIPYPED AND OVERALL VERY NOISEY AS CHILDREN RUNING UP AND DOWN STAIRS AND ALONG CORRIDORS UNTIL AFTER 11PM AT NIGHT...HAD TO GIVE A £50 DEPOSIT FOR ROOM DAMAGE ON CHECK IN....NOT RECEIVED BACK UNTIL MAID HAD CHECKED ROOM THE NEXT DAY....VERY ODD AND CLEARLY NOT HAD THE CLIENTEL IN THE PAST....? WALL VERY THIN COULD HEAR NEXT DOOR EVERY WORD...THE HOTEL IN GENERAL LOOKED LIKE IT HAD BEEN REFURBISHED WITH POOR QUALITY MATERIALS AND A POOR FINISH GENERALLY.

NOTHING AT ALL WILL NOT BE RETURNING!

Pleasurable night away, even though it was not to far away from our home

The food in the restaurant was outstanding, staff very friendly and helpfull. They need to put some sort of slipmats in the baths as they become very slippery when you shower.

Awful - never to return

they didn’t give me a receipt when checking out or neither could they let me know how much I would be charged. I had to pay £50 on top of the what was quoted on booking.com. They have butchered a beautiful piece of British Heritage and turned it into a badly run mess.

I didn’t like much to be honest. This Indian run establishment doesn’t know the art of service or class.

Excellent.

It’s a work in progress, but urgent attention to events area needed.

500 year old part Manor House. Grade 1. In large grounds surrounded by a Park with good walks and wildlife. Secure car parking. Large room, bed and TV. Comfortable bed. Staff attentive, Paul especially good. Will return.

The overall experience was very poor.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Stated on booking. Com website that they accepted Amex, hotel refused to accept. This is my business method of payment. Spent 1.5 hrs going between BC and hotel before hotel finally agreed to my stay. Then 2 hours later miraculously found the card reader that would accept AMEX so called me to reception to make payment. Room described as deluxe was far from it mediocre at best. Sparkly cushions does not make a room deluxe! Room stank of paint. Amateur paint work. Bathroom basin water took a full 6 minutes to become tepid on the hot setting. Shower does not come on even when turned on shower mode. Very poor when you need to get ready for business meeting in the morning. The staff were not unpleasant but inept and did not give me any confidence that they would report my complaints or that the complaints would be addressed. Several customers were caught out by the need to provide photo ID. It is stated in very small writing on the confirmation with BC that you have to have this else your booking cancelled. Receptionist could not satisfactorily explain why this is their new policy. Although I had mine I was not entirely happy that they take a photo copy and retain on their records. Had I been aware of this I would not have bookednor stayed at this place.

good value against competition, you get what you pay for

needs black out blinds - transparent curtains, so sun woke me at 5.30/6am - room size was "compact" - desk was small to work on - toaster didn't work.

breakfast was ok - got what you paid for

Simply awful and I didn't know such hotels existed.

Security guard on arrival extremely rude and intimidating, receptionist could barely speak English and very un-interested. Room had peeling and chipped decor and walls could have been cleaner. I didn't dare brave food there so cannot rate this. The bed linen in the morning was thrown all over the staircase landing so had to walk around it. All in all a most unpleasant stay for a single female and I have never encounted such a terrible hotel.

The bed was fairly comfortable.

Good price

Bad room size and furniture and equipments. Had to pay refundable £50 deposit that apparently might take 5 days to get back into my account?

Good price

for the money i paid it was a good stay.

There was no one at the bar whenever i went. Since there no fridge in the room. You should have access to clean water bottled water at all times.

The food was excellent and the receptionist Hishma was outstanding. She deserves a raise

Don't book

Where to start . . . I didn't have high expectations because of the price. But even then the hotel under-achieved: scruffy room, no heating, no hot water - and at 10:00pm water cascading in through the ceiling. No other room options, so had to wait whilst my room was 'cleaned' and dried out. Appalling!

The Indian buffet was delicious. May have been as there was a photo shoot taking place. Or maybe it's like that all the time - doubtful.

Staff are rude, bedrooms are unfit for purpose - damp, not hot water for 2 day stay. Beyond awful!!!

Arrived to find receptionist chatting to boyfriend (non hotel staff), kept me waiting. Directed to a single bed room, walls were severely damp and bed was extremely old - the worst mattress I have ever encountered. The wardrobe didn't open as the bed blocked the doors. There was no mirror in the room itself only bathroom. The shower and cold taps only ran freezing cold water, complained told there was no alternative and they would investigate. Returned next evening, key card didn't work had to go to another building to reactivate. Still no hot water, complained again told nothing could be done. Asked for refund and told couldn't do without manager who wasn't on duty. Also visited breakfast room, buffet was poor, waited 12 minutes no one appeared to take an order so left. Utterly disgusted with whole stay and appalling attitude of staff. Never visit this hotel. If it's the last hotel available cancel your meeting.