Reviews of Baytree Lodge

Garth Road, Bangor, LL572RT, United Kingdom

#7 of 10 B&Bs and Inns in Bangor

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very friendly, welcoming staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly, welcoming staff. Breakfasts were great - just the thing to set you up for the day. Rooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of tea and coffee. Parking was onsite and we were only a short walk from the pier.

Decent size room, clean & tidy, very good staff, tasty breakfast, good location too!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing out of the way to be honest, bit of grout left on bathroom wall, where a tile had been resealed & a tile on the floor a little loose, certainly wouldn't put me off though, there are a lot worse, believe me, I wish I'd found Baytree Lodge sooner

Fab staff, really helpful & happy, genuine welcome. Good location for short walk into town, took me approx 10 minutes to walk into centre. Lovely bright room, comfortable bed & little noise! Great breakfast, arrived quickly & was freshly prepared by"Our Steph", Would certainly recommend for staying in Bangor, due to being good value for money & location. Wi-Fi worked well too!!

Lovely stay in Bangor
    • Double or Twin Room

The room looked a bit tired but because everything was so clean (and the tv and kettle worked) and the owner ever so accommodating and the food good it really didn't bother us that much. Parking in front of the hotel was a bit tight when all the rooms were fully booked

Absolutely loved my stay at Baytree lodge; the room was very clean, the beds were ever so comfy and we had a beautiful view from our window. The property was just outside the town centre opposite a park but you could walk into town within 5 minutes The shower was just the right temperature and flow and the towels were big and fluffy The owner was very accommodating and understanding when I told her I was on night shifts. The breakfast was enough; my daughter enjoyed her cooked breakfast while I had toast with marmalade (warm toast and brown bread without asking) and the coffee was nice and strong. I will definitely come again

Good Friendly Bed and Breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

If I am being extra picky the bathroom was showing signs of age.

Staff were so friendly and helpful from the minute we arrived. Rooms were a good size and our twin room both had double beds which were nice and comfy. Good breakfast in the morning with cereal, fruit, yogurts and a cooked English breakfast all on offer. Location was good only a few minutes walk from the high street but also close to the pier.

Room was very clean and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very clean and comfortable. Superb shower! Stephanie was extremely pleasant and helpful. Started serving breakfast a little earlier to accommodate my early morning start. Would recommend.

Comfortable room, friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Overall a very comfortable night, could benefit from a better television,was a long way away and made for difficult viewing.. and a bit of decor update... but other than that nothing to complain about. Wouldn't hesitate in coming back here

The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble, even chilled a bottle of fizz we brought with us and left it with champagne glasses. Breakfast was nice. Room was spacious. Free parking. Good location, we were here for zip world 15 min drive away.

Well recommended!
    • Double or Twin Room

Attractive big house with lovely view from our(front)window. Parking was easy. Spacious comfortable room and good ensuite. Breakfast was very good - as was the welcome we received. A very enjoyable stay, thank you.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Good value for money
    • Family Room

Only 2 plug sockets in room which had lamps plugged in. Either light or charge phone but couldn't do both!

Comfy room and good breakfast. Owner very pleasant

Owner was lovely, and went the extra mile.
    • Double or Twin Room

Owner was lovely, and went the extra mile. Couldn’t It make you feel more welcome. Clean, comfy slightly dated rooms but that’s reflected in the price. Great for those going to ZipWorld.

Brilliant B&B, comfortable, very friendly and helpful...
    • Double or Twin Room

We were not keen on Bangor itself

Brilliant B&B, comfortable, very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was excellent. Being able to park right in front was an added bonus.

Very good value for money. The staff were lovely and friendly and I will be returning soon.
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet was a little temperamental when it came to flushing and shower did run cold quite quickly

Staff were lovely. Room good size and beds very comfortable. Breakfast was good and overall good value for money. The location was excellent as wanted to be near the university for my daughters graduation. I am planning to return again in September

A super welcome for the host made
    • Double or Twin Room

A super welcome for the host made You feel welcome form the start. Clean and tidy room with drink facilities provided. Breakfast was served very quickly with a good range of things on offer and the full breakfast was cooked very perfectly. A nice stay and would certainly go back. The staff were excellent couldn’t have been nicer. Thanks for a nice stay.

Friendly and comfortable
    • Family Room

Really friendly, comfortable bed, great breakfast, reduced the price because we only had one child and I would have been happy to pay the original price! If you’re looking for modern style hotel this isn’t for you, but if you’re looking for welcoming people, comfort and good home cooked food it’s perfect.

Nice comfy, cozy room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice comfy, cozy room. A good mornings breakfast and of course, the lovely staff, especially, Stephanie the owner, who is one of the kindest people I've ever met. Diolch yn fawr iawn!!

The property is dated, but the staff/owners could not be...
    • Double or Twin Room

Hard to say, probably needs some updating, but the friendliness of the staff more than makes up for it.

The property is dated, but the staff/owners could not be more helpful and friendly, the bed, though small, only double, was very comfortable, the breakfast in the morning was beautiful. This property fulfilled our needs perfectly.

Friendly staff, and a fabulously comfortable bed!
    • Double or Twin Room

Many of the TV channels couldn't be watched, as the pictures were pixelated The shower gel sachets were completely impenetrable

Very friendly and helpful staff One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in A nicely cooked breakfast

The property was really central, the rooms were comfortable...
    • Double or Twin Room

The property was really central, the rooms were comfortable and had everything I needed for my stay. The staff were really friendly and professional, I found it a nice touch that when they knew I was here to collect my son from the University they invited him to have breakfast with me. I would definitely use the Bay Tree Lodge for my future visits to Bangor.

Perfectly located, friendly and welcoming without being fussy. Thank you
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were incredibly welcoming and friendly. Service was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. I asked for something a little different for breakfast and it was no problem at all. Maybe you could find somewhere with more features and views but could their warmth and service match? I suspect not.

Great place! I warmly reccommend Bay Tree Lodge.

nothing!

I had a warm, friendly and polite welcome from Stephanie who was very helpful in arranging transport for me. The bedroom was not very large but perfectly adequate; room and bathroom impeccably clean and I had a good breakfast to set me up for the day.

Not a lot!
    • Double or Twin Room

Room tiny and you couldn’t even pass each other! We asked for an upstairs room but were hurriedly pushed into a ground floor one. Dining room - very cramped and overpowering smell of air freshener! Food tolerable! Staff were friendly but you had the distinct impression that everything was done in the cheap. Never again.

Not a lot!

A lovely few days spent in pleasant surroundings
    • Double or Twin Room

The decor in the bedroom was very tired could do with updating

The breakfast was lovely,the bed was comfy the location was good for public transport and Stephanie was very pleasant and welcoming

Brilliant
    • Family Room

Nothing - excellent value.

Warm welcome on arrival. Room and bathroom very clean. Beds very comfortable. Chocolates and water in room a lovely touch. Good value breakfast with friendly service. The owner and her Mother were so helpful in answering questions about the facilities available in the town.

Very welcoming
    • Double or Twin Room

It has a steep driveway and 2 steps into the property which made it difficult for the whèelchair.

The staff were really helpful and had rearranged a room for our stay as my husband has a whèelchair. The bed was comfy and we had a lovely breakfast. No complaints at all.

Clean and comfortable at a very good price.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very tidy and the furnishings very comfortable. The lady who received me was extremely nice, and took every extra effort to be sure I was happily taken care of.

Suited our requirements in every way.
    • Double or Twin Room

The elderly and those unsteady on their feet need to take extra care when bathing.

Excellent off road car parking. Staff happy friendly helpful and efficient. Room suited our requirements. Breakfast was adequate and very tasty.

Good location for the pier and the university
    • Double or Twin Room

It felt a bit empty when I walked in, nothing on the front desk except a notepad for me to sign in on.

my room was pleasant and the bed was very comfortable. Shower was great. Breakfast was good.

A pleasant stay which ticked all the boxes
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was a little cold for our liking

Beds very comfortable, breakfast the perfect portion. The staff very friendly, and the shower was excellent! The WiFi was good too.

My daughter and I spent two wonderful days in Bangor hosted...
    • Double or Twin Room

My daughter and I spent two wonderful days in Bangor hosted by Stephanie at the Baytree Lodge. The rooms were spacious, the en suite bathroom was good and the breakfast was better than most. Above all, the hospitality and friendliness left us feeling that we would choose the Baytree Lodge again if we come to Bangor.

Awesome stay and Stephanie was fantastic! A home from home!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very comfortable, warm and clean. The staff were so proactive and supportive. I would stay there again for sure!!! The breakfast was very good too!!!

Always a warm welcome
    • Double or Twin Room

always a warm welcome at this hotel they can't do enough for you breakfast is always lovely bed comfy , & benefit of free parking always stay here when in Bangor would recommend

Friendly, great breakfast and extremely comfortable.

Nothing negative

Great place to stay, Stephanie who ran the Baytee Lodge was friendly and extremely helpful, great breakfast and would highly recommend it.

Perfect

There was nothing wrong

It was very well maintained. Very grand and quiet , too. The WiFi was also great. Breakfast was delicious; the manager was very friendly and helpful and attentive. Definitely recommend it!

Clean and well laid out with reasonable breakfast.

Overcharged for booking via this site and was told so upon arrival by the owner (who also seemed surprised by our arrival). Suggest phoning directly to book. Very old fashioned.

Clean and well laid out with reasonable breakfast.

One of the best night's sleep I've had whilst...
    • Family Room

One of the best night's sleep I've had whilst staying away. Very friendly welcome, discounted our stay on arrival and offered our son, who is attending Bangor University, breakfast at no extra cost. We will be staying again when we visit him next time at uni :-)

Friendly and helpful welcome with comfortable accommodation and really tasty breakfast

Because we were sharing perhaps two single beds instead of a single and double would have given more space in the room. But not a big problem.

Plenty of room for parking, easy access to town and great value

Would absolutely stay here again!
    • Family Room

Our short stay at Baytree Lodge was very pleasant: The owner was friendly and attentive, the location conveniently central, but quiet enough. The room had everything we needed, the breakfast was plentiful.

Comfortable and welcoming
    • Double or Twin Room

Didnt like the little sachets of body wash - very difficult to open with wet hands - would be much better to have as the budget hotels do - a wall mounted bottle that cant be removed

Very nice breakfast. Hotel was located close enough to the pier to walk to or walk into Bangor itself

Enjoyable, comfortable stay.
    • Family Room

Kettle cord was too short to reach socket and parking quite difficult.

We had a family room, which was spacious, clean and comfortable and staff were very friendly and helpful and made our stay a pleasant one. We would be very happy to stay here again.

Amazing and thank you!

Having to leave!

This place is simply wonderful, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The lady that runs it is wonderful, mum looked after us in the morning and gave me a borroca to help with the effects of the drink. Beds are so comfy and perfect for a good nights sleep after snowdon, the shower was so powerful and hot. I will be staying here again when I next visit.

Excellent B&B in Bangor - a good base for exploring castles and Snowdonia

The weather!

Lovely room in grand old house. Short walk to bus station, close to pier and town, train station a short taxi ride away. Excellent full breakfast, available at 7 am. Very friendly hostess.

The stay was fine, but not too impressed with Bangor town. Nice pier!

See above re breakfast.

It was an anniversary break. We had flowers, chocolate and prosecco in our room which made it quite special and a room with a nice view of the hills. Cooked breakfast was really good, but there could have been a little more choice in other breakfast options. Lovely landlady.

A good value comfortable stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit dark and dated bathroom with no window

Friendly staff and good sized rooms with comfortable beds and great breakfast - ideally located for zipworld and close to the Pier and decent pubs/ eating

Overall, good
    • Double or Twin Room

The bedroom was a bit overcrowded with furniture and needs a facelift. It was, however, very clean. The bathroom also needs a rethink as it's very small and has no shelves, storage cupboard or towel rail. The in-bath shower was very small too and difficult to move in to wash.

breakfast was very good and we were given a warm welcome. The hotel was well positioned with plenty of parking. The black out blinds and heavy curtains were very welcome.

• Double or Twin Room

Shower over the bath. The bath was quite deep so not easy to climb into and no bath mat. This feedback has been delivered to the owner.

Tea and coffee making facilities TV and hair dryer supplied

Relaxing, exceptional experience

No bar

The guest house was easy to find, the staff were friendly and informative recommending local bars/restaurants and ease of access to all facilities. The breakfast was one of the best we have had in a guest house, nothing was too much trouble.

Staff were lovely and friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were lovely and friendly. Booked one room to share with my father but they had spare rooms so offered us one each at no extra cost. Breakfast was lovely.

Wonderful place
    • Double or Twin Room

The meal hostess who helped with our last breakfast was a bit offended when I asked if they had muffins. Evidently that's something very fancy in Wales and not to be expected at a bed and breakfast.

The primary hostess was very friendly and helpful!

Excellent.

Nothing comes to mind.

The breakfast was lovley, hot, good choice and fresh friut on everyones table was lovely. It shows it hadn't been picked over. Beds were comfy, with crisp clean sheets. Staff were very frendly, helpfull and caring, went that extra mile to help. will definitely stay here agan.

A comfortable and welcoming b&b.
    • Family Room

The decor is tired but this was more than made up for by the lovely staff and the comfortable bed!

The staff were very friendly and helpful but not over the top. The breakfast was delicious, they catered for my gluten free status with no problem at all, there was plenty of choice and they were very efficient. The bed was comfortable.

Absolutely brilliant !
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were excellent, professional and friendly . The rooms were comfortable and they accommodated an elderly member of the family brilliantly . Definitely will boom again when we are in the are.

Stayed here for Velocity Zip Wire
    • Double or Twin Room

Great place to stay. Excellent location for velocity zip wire (just 20mins drive). Friendly staff. Clean and comfy room. Lovely breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. Pub just 3 minute walk away. Good service and lovely food.

Very friendly staff, feel like home
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff. They always make you feel at home. Welsh breakfast is delicious and the rooms are nice and cleaned. Very pleasure stay in Bangor. Definetly i will recommend this place to those who want to visit Wales around. Bangor public transport is very convenient to access to different parts of snowdonia national park.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Good base to explore the area
    • Double or Twin Room

Bangor itself is not very interesting, and there are few places to eat in the evening. This didn't bother us as we intended it as a base to explore the area.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating - even getting peppermint tea in for my partner! Breakfast well cooked and varied - fruit and yoghurt as well as the usual fry up. Bus service in this area is brilliant. We got to everywhere we wanted - Caernarfon, Anglesey, etc with no problem. There are also buses to Llandudno and Conwy from just outside guest house. If you have a car, it would also be a good base for Snowdon.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Disappointing and Impersonal
    • Double or Twin Room

After 7pm you enter hotel by side door no staff in sight. No clear indication where individual rooms are. Bleak feeling. Once in room no telephone to contact staff particularly when u r solo. Bedroom chilly and not enough bedding at night. The room was clean but all the furnishings looked grubby. Very poor selection at breakfast and small portion for cooked breakfast. Very unwelcoming receptiin area. I would not stay here again

Friendly staff

The staff was absolutelly super - sociable, helpfull.
    • Family Room

We would like to find hairdryer and little refrigerator in room,

The staff was absolutelly super - sociable, helpfull. We were surprised with extra unexpected bonuses even. Breakfast was very good.

Great place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was good a short walk to the beautiful pier, and a 10 minute walk into the town centre, the staff were really nice and informative, we had a lovely comfy room and breakfast was very good, would recommend.

Friendly and great value
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location to stay prior to my ill-advised walk up Mount Snowdon. Friendly welcome upon arrival, and the cooked breakfast was very good. Great value for money. As others have mentioned, the decor is not 'modern', but if you want all that jazz, pay three times more and go to a la-de-dah hotel.

The best place to stay in Bangor for the weekend.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing! It was a great price, clean and a friendly environment.

I thought that the staff at Baytree Lodge were friendly and very accommodating. They went the extra mile to ensure that we were comfortable and well looked after. My friend and I were visiting Bangor with some friends so being offered a nice breakfast in the morning was a perfect start to our day. Very comfortable, very clean - would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Made our visit easy and enjoyable.

Nothing to mention

Our room was warm and very comfortable and the breakfast was good. What reflects most in our score is the the manageress/owner ? and staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help us.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Perfect stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is perfect! All the staff, especially the lady that runs the B & B, are super friendly and helpful. Both my partner and I felt completely relaxed and loved our experience. We will be returning to stay again!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Nice palce and a good stay
    • Double or Twin Room

nothing really for the short stay we booked

location was great for snowdon, good central location for shops, bars, restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean, tidy and warm.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

The decor was old fashioned and needed some attention, but for the price it was fine.

Stephany was very helpful and attentive. The wifi was fixed whilst we were there.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Very welcoming, couldn't do enough!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was great. The hotel itself isn't the most spectacular but your aren't paying a high price so that's to be expected. Overall a good stay all be it for one night.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Highly recommended!
    • Double or Twin Room

The proprietor was amazing and bent over backwards to accommodate our needs during our stay. The bed was comfortable and the shower was lovely. We didn't have a cooked breakfast so can't comment but we were provided with porridge, fruit, yoghurt and toast, just what we needed! Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Good value friendly place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Kettle had to be put on floor as no plug socket available.

Friendly, helpful staff. free breakfast provided for my son who was not even staying there!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Lovely stay covering all basic needs expertly
    • Double or Twin Room

Stayed in ground floor room, one door had bad draft which made the room cold at times - this could be counteracted with the heating when necessary!

Very kind and generous host, knowledgeable about local area and ensured everything about my stay was great! Breakfast was also delicious, perhaps somewhat limited in options however the items available were lovely.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Good location and breakfast, but rather pricey for an overcrowded single room.
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was too small for a double bed and a single, and it was difficult to move around. The price (£60 per night) was not justified by the comfort or the facilities.

Well placed for town centre facilities and shops. Good breakfast - cereals, fruit & yoghurt, followed by freshly prepared full English.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Better than most hotels, comfortable beds, great staff and excellent value.
    • Double or Twin Room

As much as I try I cannot find fault.

Very friendly staff that go the extra mile to make visit great without being intrusive. Clean comfortable rooms. And of the 4 hotels/guest houses I have stayed at in Bangor before, the overall best. Plenty of off road parking too.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The cosiest place to stay in Bangor

Room was a bit cramped.

The host, Stephanie, was the best host I've come across - she brought me Lemsip when I mentioned I had a cold, offered bubbles for a bath, and helped me out when I asked how to leave to Snowdonia. Breakfast was marvellous, with a full-on vegetarian option: toast, a poached egg, fruit, yoghurt, veg sausage, beans, coffee, cereal - it was better than what I've come across in capital cities. Only 10-15 min from the city centre, and 4 minutes away from a good vegan(!) restaurant. Stay here!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Ver enjoyable and comfortable overnight stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe slightly over priced.

Good location, very good standard of room and the en-suite shower was excellent. The staff were very friendly as well, nothing was too much trouble.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Best value for money for very long time. Excellent.
    • Double or Twin Room

everything , really you can't ask for more at this price exceptional value, maybe a bit old and tired but clean , nice smell , comfy beds , clean beddings , tea coffee facilities , chocolates , bottled water , biscuits , fast free WiFi , plenty of hot water , bath , shower , working tv , bedside lamp , thick heavy curtains , included full breakfast , plenty of food, fruits , milk , drinks , veg and gluten free friendly , free parking , superb friendly helpful staff which we will miss until next time we come (for sure)

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome.
    • Double or Twin Room

Had a room at the front of the building, was a bit warm, so we left the windows open. Lots of street & traffic noise.

Staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Recommended. Efficient staff, nice room with free car park, breakfast included
    • Double or Twin Room

- The room is quite pricey for a night & is only for a couple.

- The room is for my parents. I am not sure how comfort the bed is, but the room is equipped with 1 double & 1 single is actually a surprise as I just book a double bed room! :D - The staff is efficient,nice & welcoming. - Breakfast is included. I'm not sure how is taste but according to my mom, she ate quite full :) -Free private parking is provided :D

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Brilliant family run hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The family who run this hotel went out of their way to make sure we had a great weekend!!

large car park
    • Double or Twin Room

Could have had a bar of soap in the bathroom rather than handwash

large car park