Reviews of Best Western Beachcroft Hotel 3 stars

Clyde Road, Bognor Regis, PO22 7AH , United Kingdom

#7 of 14 hotels in Bognor Regis

My room was noisy due to being ground floor, right next to reception and with gravel car park right outside

Staff were very pleasant. Location is great. Breakfast was good.

The shower head was a bit naff and leaked everywhere.

The staff were very helpful, the room was really nice and very clean. The breakfast was great with a lot of choice. The evening meal Steak Friday, was great value and really tasty.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Evening menu too expensive and not good enough quality so eat elsewhere the 2nd night.

Loved the location and we had beautiful weather. All staff very helpful and friendly. Hotel clean and breakfast very good.

Nothing! All good.

Excellent choice of fresh fruit, yoghurts and cereals for breakfast, as well as the freshly cooked to order full english or vegetarian option.

Better communication at breakfast by waiting staff Bathroom needed a new toilet seat, no extractor fan but window opened. Decor in Room a little dated.

Friendly staff. Breakfast was ok. Good location and good facilities . Room was clean, bed very comfortable, well stocked tea n coffee in room. Bathroom was clean. Hotel had a nice atmosphere liked the car park at front of htl. Right on sea front.

The room we were first given

Breakfast & Dinner was really good. Staff really helpful and nice. Swimming Pool would be on the small side if there are a lot of people but good for our stay. Location is great and we enjoyed the walks along the promenade. We were there for 2 nights and the room we had on the first night was located near some sort of generator and a loud humming kept me awake most of the night but the next morning the lady on reception changed our room straight away without any questions and was really helpful and gave us a lovely room. Would visit again

Room was small, door almost hit end of bed. The bar and restaurant are very dated. The barman switched the fridges off at 9.50pm which was a big hint

The room was fresh and clean, not long refurbished I would guess Breakfast was good

Blinds in the bedroom were not adequate to block out light and the stairs were steep to the bedroom and there was no lift.

Rooms were a reasonable size and with a large modern bathroom. Beds were comfortable even with my bad back ! Kettle and other drink items were good with a bottle of water included. Restaurant food was of a very high standard as was the service and attention to detail. Good choice of wine by the glass. This hotel was more for the mature person so nice and quiet and relaxing. Position was good and tucked away right next to the beach....you can walk to the pier and into Worthing from here :)

The only downside was being on the second floor with no lift.

The food was excellent , the bed clean and comfortable and the staff gave good and cheerful service

Staff need more grooming to welcome equally everyone regardless of their skin colour. Repair need in toilet to avoid bad smell and cleaning of readiator in room properly. Upper floor need to fix

Booked for 2 adults and 2 kids but given a room for 2. Then changed it on request but at ground floor with semlly toilet and roof noise when upper floor walking in their room.staff gave warm welcome only to English customers only. We felt very uncomfortable while sitting for breakfast.

• Double Room with Sea View

In our opinion the hotel was perfect

Really big bed very comfortable.the room was clean and very cleaverly laid out and everything you could possibly need was on hand. Breakfast was very tasty and a good choice of cooked or continental.staff were very polite and helpful and we can't wait to go back later in the year.

Second time we have stayed here and it did not disappoint. Had 2 great meals in the Restaurant ; swam in the pool; walked to the pier. 2 nice places for lunch just round the corner. Room was spacious overlooking car park but was not noisy. Nice lot of coffee/tea and biscuits available in room. Staff very attentive and friendly.

This hotel is brilliant very clean, fabulous friendly professional staff, lovely food, excellent location right on the beach. I’ll be back. Couldn’t fault it

Parking was a bit of an issue and I guess would be a bigger issue in the summer. the decor could be uplifted a bit. it was a bit like visiting your grandparents house for the weekend. Not unpleasant, just could do with a bit of modernisation.

everything met my expectations so good overall.

The food in the restaurant in the evening was served on cold plates; this made my food go cold quickly and spoilt my enjoyment of it

The bed was really comfortable

Nothing more to add..

Everything was very good, bed very comfy, food good too much for us! The position of the hotel was just right. But next time we will choose a room either on the ground floor or 1st floor. And the staff were helpful and kind.

Shower leaked somebody else’s clothes in the wardrobe, view overlooked back of hotel but paid for a superior room.

Location and flexible breakfast times

• Double Room with Sea View

No lift and the narrow stairs.

The room was very comfortable and the food excellent. The main attribute of this hotel was its position. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Ideal for a a weekend getaway or a longer stay in the summer months.

The fire alarms going off twice at 7.am onwards wasn't their fault though they had left letters in our room to say this might happen as work being carrried out!

The whole experience

• Double Room with Sea View

The dated interiors and very narrow staircases and corridors and no lifts. We struggled to carry small suitcase up them.

The sea view from the room and the excellent location next to the beach and promenade. The breakfast was very good with a decent choice.

I changed rooms on the 2nd morning of my stay due to my room being on the back of a stairwell and the main air con to the stairwell which was making a pulsating whirring sound until late at night and started again at 6:30am the following day. Walls are paper thin so barley slept the first night. However, I had a no quibble room exchange offered to me which I took upon the following morning and as I did it before 7am via the direct phone to reception that was in the room, I was lucky got an upgrade to a superior double suite the same morning at the front of the building over looking those fab sea views. (If you book early enough during off-season you may get a great deal like I did: a double for the price of a single with a choice of a free cooked breakfast or buffet breakfast included in the price). I was a little concerned about being able to hear almost word-perfect my neighbour on my 2nd night (I booked 2 nights) who seemed to be having argument on his mobile phone, however, once he calmed down it was quiet well into the morning. There were building works going on during the afternoon down the hall in another room which I could hear from inside my room, with the room door and windows shut, so I decided to walk to town. I thought that maintenance would be expected however given it is off-season. They were gone by the time I came back however at around 5:30pm. I would say if you are a solo traveller or a couple with no children, ask for a quiet room and to book off-season because since it is a short walk from Butlins I would imagine that it is very busy during the peak-season for tourism and so you would be awoken by your neighbours quite a bit. Also contrary to the male staff member that I checked-in with who was so lovely, when I checked-out in a hurry with another staff member (young blond lady) as my taxi had arrived, no thank you, no acknowledgement.

Lovely room with a very comfy bed, all the furniture you need, felt very homely, really nice bathroom with full basket of toiletries, good selection on tea and coffee making facilities, got the room with a free breakfast option but hotel about a 15 minute walk from town centre with all the big shops there including a decent sized Morrison's Supermarket if you wanted to go fully self-catering. The staff were overall professional and happy to help. My hotel room overlooked the sea and hotel has direct assess to the beach promenade with a lovely patio garden at the front of the property. Overall I would stay again.

The burned breakfast

The manager of the kitchen served burned food to me at breakfast with an bad attitude . He generally had an attitude like he hated his job and the people he was paid to serve. The staff generally apart from the breakfast manager were polite and friendly

• Double Room with Sea View

I have no answer for this question , as there was nothing that we didn't like. The stairs were very narrow but the staff automatically stated they would take the bags upstairs if we wanted,

Staff are the key to a hotel , all staff were very helpful. We were attending a club Christmas dinner, and the kitchen staff produced a excellent meal for us. Service was very good, and the staff helped in every request that was asked. Rooms were clean and well furnished, and the beach view was epic. We will return, as we always have a Christmas dinner and we hope to have more then 30 people in 2018, so we will discuss this at our AGM in February and get people to book rooms early. We had good weather and walked along the prom which is only a few seconds from the hotel. There is a little Gem of a café behind the hotel which also looked after us as well. A perfect setting and marvellous establishment. To all the people that work at the Beachcroft a merry Christmas to you all

Nothing everything ok I would stay again if I am in the vicinty

Breakfast was very nice not my choice of sausages but the one used were ok, poached eggs excellent congrats to the chef,

• Twin Room with Sea View

The taps and shower taps were in need of de scaling which would have made the bathroom shine. Also skirting boards and window sills needed dusting. But that’s me I am a person who thinks if a job needs doing do it well

Lovely atmosphere friendly staff and a beautiful comfy bad

• Double Room with Sea View

I would have appreciated at the time of booking being made aware that my booking coincided with 2 back to back Christmas parties which meant the restaurant was not serving an evening meal on both evenings of my stay! It also meant that parking once returning from having to go out for supper was VERY limited

Having stayed before & been disappointed by the breakfast I have to say what a big improvement breakfast was fresh & scrumptious - well done. Also JACK in the restaurant in the morning was brilliant - very attentive & efficient.

The windows were covered in condensation and consequently the frames showed signs of mould. The bathroom was functional but very small - the shower was not good - the shower head did not work properly so the supply of water was poor resulting in an unsatisfactory showering experience.

The hotel was as described and was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was extremely good. The bed was very comfortable and the tea/coffee making tray was very welcome

• Double Room with Sea View

No lift (but we knew that before we booked). The staff did offer help with suitcases as our room was on the second floor.

Great location, easy onsite parking and super fast wifi. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

The shower for me personally in my room was very small and claustrophobic when the curtain was pulled round. Other rooms had a bath which was better.

I liked that it was quiet and very clean and tidy, the beds were very comfortable and spacious.

• Double Room with Sea View

Only having to leave, we have nothing negative to say , cannot wait to go back .

Quite, clean, plenty of staff, fantastic food, we would highly recommend to anyone.

• Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast was pretty mediocre. But service was fine

Welcome at reception on Saturday afternoon during storm brianwas very good/friendly Central heating was good

• Double Room with Sea View

Stairs were tight with large suitcase and breakfast didn't start early enough for business users (7:30am was too late as I had appointments at 8am). This said it wouldn't put me off staying again.

Staff were very friendly and professional. Food was delicious and I struggled with the choice! Bar and atmosphere was warm and location was incredible right on the sea front.

• Double Room with Sea View

The stairway up to the room was very steep and particularly narrow. It was lucky we only had an overnight bag.

Excellent location right by the sea. We had a room with a sea view which was very pleasant. We enjoyed the breakfast which was plentiful.

More disabled parking. Lifts would have been so useful as my mother is elderly. We had stayed at the Beachcroft two years ago and were very pleased, hence our reason for returning.

My mother was unwell on arrival, the receptionist was very accommdating,once she was in her room, thankfully she felt much better for being able to lay down on a lovely comfy bed!

I enjoyed/liked everything.

The hotel location - I was attending a wedding - close to the church and the pub also. The Breakfast was excellent - something for everyone I think. I had a sea view - great to hear the sea on the beach at night when in bed. Comfortable room and bed.

Hotel as a whole is a little tired , stairs to the room would deffinitely be an issue for people with moblilty issues (so check if this is an issue when booking)

Location of the hotel was perfect for us. Rooms were a good size, clean , fresh and tidy. Breakfasts were lovely with good selection. Loved the terrace to read our morning papers in the sun. View from the terrace of the promenade and beach was lovely. Beach around the Felpham area not too busy .

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Had to park in the street as carpark was full. Though no problem our friends had a bit of a walk with their suitcases.

Bed very comfortable and breakfast variety really good.

Had to park on small road as car park full.

Little extras with the tea/coffee in room like "Beachcroft" rock, decent biscuits and in the bathroom like a comb which came in handy as we forgot to bring one! Lovely position for a nice walk along the beachfront.

Having to leave.....

Beds were very comfy, the staff are delightful and always happy to help, going out of their way to assist. The breakfast was delicious and very tasty, apart from only getting half a slice of their luscious fried bread....lots of places seem to do this now - they cut 1 slice in half and spread it between 2 of you. It looks dainty but it's not as filling :(

• Double Room with Sea View

public areas could have been cleaner, better pastry selection for breakfast, pool closed and too small

hot chocolate in the room, comfy bed, decent TV,

We were the last for breakfast but still in time, and staff was preparing the tables around us for the evening. Moving, shouting, shuffling, it was not so nice.

Location and Staff were nice, dinner was well prepared but nothing fancy.

Very very minor a couple of times our card key failed but were replaced immediately ... so not a true dislike!

Staff were friendly and helpful Choice at breakfast and cooked food was excellent, and plenty of it.

No complimentary toiletries,just one small bottle of shower gel so not enough for two of us. In the booklet about the hotel it said water will be provided, (still or sparkling) in your room on arrival but nothing there. No more toiletries on second day at all so good job we brought our own. All other Best Westerns we have stayed in supplied shampoo, shower gel etc each day .

Comfortable beds

My wife left her ipad charger and connection in the room when we left the hotel. When she rang next morning it was not there. ?

The full English breakfast and service was excellent .

Quite steep stairs up to our room. We are unfortunately getting on.

We liked the position of the hotel so near the sea and close to both Bognor and Felpham. It was also very quiet and the fried bread at breakfast quite rare today. Thanks

Found it a bit of a bind having to reach up to put out lights at each side of bed.

excellent service in every aspect .. breakfast superb ... all staff very helpful and friendly .. lovely big bedroom with little courtyard .. bed comfortable and large.

• Double Room with Sea View

The dogs and dogs mess on the beach, despite it being illegal to let them off the lead at this time of year, spoilt my plans to swim in the sea (but my swim in the pool kind of made up for it). The worst thing was the small car park. Luckily we found a space when we arrived and didn't move our car until we left. Lucky us!

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet with a good view of the seafront. The food was excellent and the staff were kind and attentive, nothing was too much trouble.

The bath/shower combination. I thought the height of the bath difficult to climb over the sides.

Friendliness of staff. Closeness to beach. Quietness of bedroom areas.

Could not fault this lovely hotel.

Breakfast was great, many choices. Evening meal was also great, higher quality of food than the usual hotel foods. Very efficient staff. Pool was a bonus. Very quiet, very friendly staff. Bar staff were lovely and reception was extremely helpful. Comfortable beds and pillows. Hot running water, great shower, plenty of towels and everything extremely clean. Me and my daughter absolutely loved this hotel, could not fault anything at all. Will be booking again and again.

• Twin Room with Sea View

If they have a function on you dont get to park as a guess...hard luck i was informed...had to wait till 9pm to park in hotel...roads very small around hotel.....no parking....poor!!!! mega noise from party till late.....not a peaceful hotel.....rate 2/10...check this before you "BOOK"...????

old type/stye room with mod-cons placed in it....bit over priced for room

Nothing!!!!!!b

Excellent breakfast. Views superb. Staff very friendly and efficient. Bed ultra comfortable. Hotel spotless. Facilities could not be better. Can't wait to return soon.

• Double Room with Sea View

The weather wasn't great!

The receptionist in particular was lovely. The hotel was comfortable and welcoming so you felt you were a valued guest. The food was great value, interesting and well cooked. And it's always nice to have a pool. The setting by the sea was lovely.

The Staff were extremely helpful and polite. The location was great. One minutes walk to the beach! The room was very clean and comfortable. Having a swimming pool was a real bonus. Several people we spoke to had visited the hotel before. We will book again later in the year.

• Double Room with Sea View

One of our relatives is not that mobile and the lack of a lift was a disadvantage. The narrow staircases made carrying suitcases difficult.

The rooms we were allocated were on the third floor which gave us outstanding sea views. The rooms were clean and attractive. All of the electrics, lights and heated towel rail worked well. The Wi-Fi was free and had sufficient broadband for all of our needs (We had arranged a Funeral for a family member in Chichester and had to do considerable Internet research and e-mail/ messaging to family members who were arriving on flights from abroad and catching trains to Bognor and Chichester). The evening meal and the breakfasts were very good with efficient service. The staff were efficient and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Twin Room with Sea View

The shower curtain, I hate the plastic when it sticks to you, needs updating to glass screens. When I went down for breakfast your table is already allocated, however as I was travelling alone, I felt like you were shoved to one side, whilst other guests who were more than 1 had a view out of the window.

The room was nice & clean, the bed was comfy, overall including the full English breakfast was good value for money, excellent location just a few feet from the promenade.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

As my husband has a balance problem we could have done with a ground floor room but maybe if we had booked earlier we might have been allocated one. Stairs were narrow but we managed

The position of the hotel was excellent for walking along the sea front. Plenty of car parking spaces. Breakfast was brilliant everything you could have wished for. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Polyester / cotton sheets . Cotton is the best. Bedside and tea making tables too small.... Bit of noise through floor ...but still would go back .

Only hotel right on beachfront .no road . Greatsea views and garden area looking over beachfront and boardwalk. helpful staff .found us a spare computer cord,pack of cards,umbrella,changed bedding to suit our needs,super king bed ,New bedding , bath and shower,beach vibe.great breakfast and best value for $ in area. Loved this hotel!

• Twin Room with Sea View

Car parking a problem if late arrival. Unable to use the main dining room due to large bookings,on Friday and Saturday evenings.Food served in Bistro which although pleasant not quite the same as main dining area.

Good breakfast and quiet room.

The stairs were very steep .Installing a lift would be agreat idea.

Reception staff very welcoming and helpful. Hotel nice and warm, very clean,decor very attractive . Lovely comfortable feel about the hotel.Cosy bar and T V area.Food excellent and service .Did not see the pool area. Wonderful weekend , can't wait to return.

About 15 steps away from sea front and promenade, with plenty of parking available. Twin room had a very good size, was clean and nicely decorated and the beds were comfy, shower was a little oldfashioned but the bathroom, too, was clean and in good condition All in all- everything is how it should be and I'd be happy to come again

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Shame there's no lift or family rooms. Despite this, my 75 year old father had a lovely time and didn't mind walking up the stairs with his bad knee.

This is the second annual visit and it was just as excellent. We buy day passes to Butlins knowing we can stroll back along the beach to a delicious and cosy evening meal, wake up to a lovely cooked breakfast with lots of buffet extras and walk back to Butlins for the day. The staff are fantastic; my 5 year old daughter is a fan of Kerry (hope she's there next year!) who makes us feel very welcome. The hotel is in a quiet residential spot on the beach with the bonus of the wonderful Lobster Pot cafe/restaurant a few doors away. The rooms are comfortable and have views of the sea (well, the rooms we booked had!) Perfect for putting your feet up with a good book. They do have a small swimming pool, which we used once and pretended it was our own personal pool as it's tucked in its own little room.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Twin Room with Sea View

missed having my bath. beds not the best I have had, a bit hard. Difficult to find hotel without satnav. Not enough storage space in bathroom. Price quite high for hotel standard.

sea view good. Breakfast good in week, less so at weekend. Parking very good. good re adding lights above bed.

• Double Room with Sea View

Every time I stay in this lovely hotel, the magnetic key for my room stops working way before check out time.. different rooms - but always an issue, with me having to climb up and down the stairs to get the key re-programmed.. another thing - you can always hear all your Neighbours - and when they switch their show on - it's like starting an engine.. still love it though!

Location is great for a pure sea side delights; staff is friendly - and always ready to assist when needed.. beds are nice, breakfast is great - especially fruits choice!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Double Room with Sea View

Too far from main town had to get a taxi. A little dated. Old fashioned heating in room and was cold

Friendly staff. Had a sea view. Able to park car. Taxi ordered no problem. Right on the sea

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The room had an old smell to it my husband thought it smelt of dogs! apart from that the room looks a bit tired for the price!

the staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

We had a ground floor room looking onto the car park. Was fine but there may be nicer rooms.

The breakfast was excellent. Great tasting locally sourced food. Thursday Fish dinner was also good and very good value.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Twin Room with Sea View

In the process of renovation, not aware till we got there. Nothing like the pictures on the web! No curtains, walls bare. Blackout blind to window that moved all night cause the wind blew through the double glazing! Very basic. Restaurant staff in the evening not very friendly. Asked for a peppermint tea, and got a teabag in a cup!! No teapot!! Shower cubicle had just a curtain, no surround/glass. Toilet leaked on last morning- icing on the cake. Don't think I'll go back. Expensive for what it is. Would get a better hotel in London for that price!!

Location to the sea. Friendly reception staff.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

The breakfast was not of the quality I expected - disappointing. décor in room very poor. Stairs very narrow. Did not see tea and coffee in room until morning (hidden in cupboard). Chemical smell in room no doubt cleaning products and lack of airing

The staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The pool was not open due to refurbishment which was annoying as I booked this particular hotel because of the pool. Overall it's very over priced..... Breakfast was poor, tasteless & had been reheated - the sausage was dehydrated, the beans had a pile of rock hard beans sat on top. No bath.

It's close to a pebbled beach - good walking on the prom however the area is very uninspiring - built up etc Fairly quiet location Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The narrow staircase and corridors. We were looking for a hotel with a swimming pool , we paid a lot of money because it has a swimming pool and when we went there, it was closed for repairs . Don't mislead people. We were so disappointed.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The fact that the chef ran out of custard. Should have been able to make it from scratch. Hot chocolate should not be extra.should be same as tea and coffee.

Food was very good.staff were very good.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Cleanliness of bed sheets and towels, half breakfast was either cold or wrong texture (crispy fried egg?), didn't feel welcome by breakfast staff, uncomfortable bed.

Brilliant location, room tidy, good parking facilities, breakfast provided.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The décor a little worn. The built-in sliding wardrobe doors in our room were not working very well and quite noisy when they did move.

The location. The excellent standard of the food in the restaurant. The efficient and friendly staff. Really comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

I booked for one night with breakfast included and I was disappointed to find It wasn't an all you can eat with the hot breakfast.

Bed was comfortable, seafront view was lovely and the staff were very polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

No still bottled water provided - 1 sparkling provided for a couple, when asked for still message was only one bottle per visit. No real bitter beer in the bar.

Being right next to the beach