Reviews of The Beachfield Guest Accommodation 4 stars

The Promenade, Penzance, TR18 4NW, United Kingdom

#29 of 43 B&Bs and Inns in Penzance

Pleasant stay, quite quiet. Lovely staff.

Difficult to carry luggage upstairs, a lift would be great. Not sure why single occupancy rooms have to be at the back/side overlooking car parks/fire escapes.

Very comfortable bed and very clean

Great breakfast, great service, friendly and welcoming staff.
    • Double Room with Sea View

The bed was far too firm.

Great breakfast, great service, friendly and welcoming staff. Sea view room was a full sea view with some lovely moonlit nights.

Breakfast was fantastic, so too was the view from our room.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast was fantastic, so too was the view from our room. The only thing that was a little disappointing was that the bed was too firm for us. Otherwise an excellent place to stay!

As Above
    • Premier Double Room with Sea View

This accommodation is great. Spotless clean, friendly staff, very professional. Excellent breakfast. Lots of great restaurants nearby. Right on the sea front. High street is about 10 minutes drive away.

An Excellent Find, More Than Just a Guest House.

Nothing to dislike but if I have to comment, I would say it is a good 20 minute walk to the centre of Penzance but the area and sea view more than makes up for it.

Amazing breakfast with quality products as witnessed by the numerous certificates on display. Probably the best guest house breakfast menu I have seen. Eggs Benedict, smoked salmon, haddock, kippers, quality juices, not to mention full English offerings as well; the list went on. The breakfast room also looked out to the sea and promenade. Good public rooms, well furnished and it even had a bar; this property offers far more than expected from a guest house. I had room 4, a small single room, which was good for my needs with a modern shower suite and comfortable bed. The coffee tray had a bottle of water, biscuits and even a pillow chocolate. I parked in the street but there was off-street parking available. In fact, Beachfield had everything I could ask for and I regretted not staying longer. For information, it is only a 2 minute walk away from the Cornish Pirates rugby ground so perfect for an overnight stay if visiting for a game.

bed eas comfy.

no disabled access lots of stairs and shoer over bath as opposed to walk I n shower

bed eas comfy. I had a single room but very spacious. good size bathroom a plus

It is in a very good position on the sea front.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Beds were rather hard and lumpy and extra blankets would have been a good idea. Maybe toppers on the beds would help.

The staff were very helpful and the breakfasts very good.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Beachfield , will return in the summer
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Shower curtain , would prefer screen .

Lovely welcome , very friendly , loved the bay window and its view over the bay will be returning in the summer , my 94 year old mum loved it . The breakfast was very good would highly recommend .

Excellent Stay!
    • Double Room with Sea View

Wish the pillows were a bit more comfortable

We loved the breakfast, they were very accommodating to our needs and was 5 star style! The view of the ocean was awesome from our room as well!

An enforced stay in Penzance turned into a nice experience.

Had to stay in Penzance due to the snow,was not able to get home.The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly,made my stay very comfortable and pleasant.

February Weekend for 2
    • Double Room with Sea View

Maybe parking, but there were spaces in the road nearby. Could be an issue in holiday peak time.l

Comfortable and welcoming but not over the top fussy. Everything provided by happy staff. Breakfasts were spot on. Would have liked to stay longer to try some more choices!

brilliant

nothing to dislike

all aspects just the location was a bit out town but all staff where friendly and helpful and the breakfast was superb and well presented I enjoyed my stay and would definetly book again plenty of things going on in around the area

Staff were helpful and friendly.

I had a single room and, as in most hotels, my room cost more than for my fellow travelling companions who shared a double room. My room was also at the back of the hotel, whilst they enjoyed a sea view. This is not particularly about this hotel, which I actually really enjoyed staying in, but rather a general moan !!!

Staff were helpful and friendly. A nice atmosphere. Lovely breakfast each morning, a good choice of food. Especially enjoyed the plain yogurt and fruit. Comfortable and clean room. Comfortable communal areas too.

Excellent all round
    • Double Room with Sea View

Well, being really picky, the shower was fine, would've been nice to have been a bit more powerful.

Very clean, bathroom very nice, GREAT sea views, aesthetically nice (decor, feel etc)

Excellent view, breakfast was fab
    • Double Room with Sea View

Whilst our room was amazing in terms of the view, it was a little on the snug side for the price we paid. As we were only there 1 night it didn't matter too much. However, there was a very damp/musty smell which overpowered in the bathroom and finding old receipts in the bedside drawer didn't fill me with confidence about cleanliness.

The location of this hotel is 2nd to none in terms of view. The welcome from the reception staff was lovely & helpful. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in any hotel. Lovely fresh fruit. The coffee was exceptional and the full English breakfast was amazing - all served with a smile.

A hotel in a lovey location with everything you need.

nothing apart from leaving too early in the morning so not being able to have breakfast but that's down to me having to get an early train and skybus pick up at 7am

the staff were lovely. I had to leave early so didn't have time for breakfast. The room was great.

Friendly and helpful staff on reception and at breakfast.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Friendly and helpful staff on reception and at breakfast. The room had a great view of the sea, and was very comfortable to sit and watch the world go by. The location was good for catching the ferry.

A great friendly, comfortable hotel, with a great breakfast menu.
    • Premier Double Room with Sea View

The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly, including the house keepers. The ambiance of the hotel was very relaxed and comfortable. There was a great choice of foods at breakfast, all served hot and fresh. Thanks to everyone for making our stay memorable.

very pleasant.

Typical of old Hotels of this type that have been made to comply with modern regulations the upstairs corridors are a bit of a warren.

A good clean room, quiet with good facilities. Excellent covered parking and I was able to charge my EV which is still far to rare. Modern tasteful decor. Very helpful friendly staff and an excellent breakfast. I was only there one night but feel sure I will return in the future.

A relaxing weekend and very close to the Cornish Pirates ground at Mennaye Field

Hotel room window was 'frosted over' as it was by the rear fire escape. No view at all!!

Excellent food. the breakfasts are top order.Excellent attention from the staff always available to help but not overpowering.

Convenient for Lidl - only 50 or so beach.and even more convenient for the beach.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

In our room noise from other rooms was sometimes obtrusive. Also the road outside was fairly busy early morning.

Lovely room with sea views. Breakfast served promptly and very high quality.

Booking.com failed to provide the correct accommodation. I had to pay an extra £50 for my room

Arriving to find that they did not have the accommodation I had asked Booking.com for, a single with a sea view. If you were unable to confirm the room I had asked for you should have told me at TIME OF BOOKING.

Everything was fine once they had moved me to the accommodation I asked you to book for me, a single room with sea view. They did not have a single so I paid £50:00 extra for the only room available with a sea view, a double.

Well-run seaside hotel

Nothing really sticks out. A bit of a walk from the town centre, but that's really just the way Penzance's geography works.

Quiet and well run. Sense of being well established without taking it for granted.

I was there for my daughter's 21st.

I was there for my daughter's 21st. The location, hotel, breakfast and staff were superb. I would definitely recommend. Thank you for a wonderful 5 days

Expensive! Next time we will book direct with the hotel to ensure a fair price.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

By booking through Booking.com we paid for a superior room but received only a standard one, although to be fair it was comfortable and with a sea view but smaller than the superior ones. To summarise, therefore, we were happy with the Beachfield Hotel but were dissatisfied with the cost, which we attribute to our booking through Booking.com and not directly with the hotel.

Croussants were wonderful and the breakfast was more than adequate

The hotel is in a great holiday location and suited my sporting reasons for visiting.

Staff were in a big hurry to get customers to make breakfast choices and clear up even when customers were still sat at tables. I would say there was competition to clear up super fast.

The hotel location was great for my sports event (15 min walk) I liked being to park in their garage

Exceeded my expectations and will be back

If you want the sea view you will have to have a room overlooking a busy road, very noisy but not overnight (so you can sleep fine)

The bed and the view was just what I needed after a stressful week. The room was small but perfect for a single person stay (double bed though) Waking up to the sea was gorgeous and the breakfast was yummy. I had a really good nights sleep - and enjoyed listening to the waves as I was drifting off.

Great hotel, great view

Customer service excellent, a warm welcome from the owner on arrival, room immaculate and fantastic view. Rooms very clean and nicely decorated Breakfast - good choice and superb quality

Very pleasant.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Not enough facilities in the room. like daily water, a fridge and safe. Also found the clearing of breakfast tables by staff so annoying whilst eating my breakfast. So noisy and distracting.

The view and very friendly staff.

A pleasant stay for a few days visiting the area.

My room was the furthest from reception, involving several flights of stairs, and doors. Unfortunately I did not have a room with a sea view. All I had was a view of other buildings at the back, with scaffolding extending out from an adjacent property, which the pigeons made good use of.

A pleasant stay, with very good food.

Lovely light and airy dining room and lounge.

Sadly the window in the single room had an adhesive opaque film to hide external staircase. This for me felt claustrophobic..

Lovely light and airy dining room and lounge. very friendly and helpful staff.

The food was good and the staff friendly.

My room (No 15) was on two levels - the bedroom being at one level and the bathroom three steps down. The window was obscure glazed and was not on the sea side of the hotel. I do not know whether there were better single rooms. Also there is no lift which means a significant climb to the second floor.

The food was good and the staff friendly. The arrangements for parking the car was good.

had an excellant holiday hotel excellant a bit diissapointed with penzance but a good base for exp
    • Double Room with Sea View

we didn't eat in the restaurant as could have done with a better selection off bar snacks as when having an excellent breakfast you didn't need much in the evening .

lovely sea view good location to explore cornwall.staff very helpful and friendly.

Rather disappointing
    • Double Room with Sea View

We were looking for a hotel near to the Ferry for the Isles of Scilly. The hotel was further away than we expected and we got a taxi. It was deserted downstairs the whole time we were there - very strange. The lady at reception said that there were no meals on Sundays which was disappointing. The room was ok but we thought it was poor value for the price

The breakfast was quite good.

Surprisingly good!

A few squeaky floorboards made me feel I was on the quarterdeck of a pirate's ship.

I worried slightly that it might be a somewhat typical seaside accommodation - a bit run down but it had been modernised and the staff were excellent. I was impressed.

Good location on sea front, garage parking at side however...
    • Double Room with Sea View

Good location on sea front, garage parking at side however only 10 spaces but parking on road nearby. Food excellent great choice for breakfast & they offer Evening meal if required & again good selection. Had room on front so great view of bay showing St Michael's Mont in distance. Very friendly staffs.

All round enjoyable stay

the only personal disadvantage having a single room, the window was screened against the view, (because of the fire escape stairs) making it slightly claustophobic.

Easy to find hotel, off road parking, staff and service excellent, breakfast lovely

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

I went as an eighty year old and returned home as a sixty year old
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The mattress was okay but could not compare with what I am used to.

Breakfast and friendliness of all the staff. Each and everyone did their very best to ensure our stay would be memorable.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Mediocre

The hotel accepted pets. The Staff need to check that customers have finished their cereal before serving the hot breakfast. This felt like they were rushing to get me finished quickly. A smile or two wouldn't come amis either.

Clean rooms. Staff fairly welcoming but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Good hotel, would definitely stay there again

Nothing - all good

Room - trendy Modern decor, new bathroom fittings - warm shower. Dining room - fabulous views across Mount's Bay as it was a sunny morning Breakfast - excellent quality produce, hot fresh coffee Sitting room - got to watch Match of the Day! Staff - all friendly and welcoming Price - good value

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Good hotel. Take your own pillow
    • Double Room with Sea View

The only complaint (and we didn't mention it at the time because what in reality could they have done about it) was our bed (in Room 3). We both awoke with dreadful back and neck ache. Worse bed I've slept in. Thinking about it now, maybe it was the pillows, so might be an idea to take your own. Otherwise, excellent hotel!!!

Delicious breakfast. Convenient for town and the ferry port. Own parking in off-road, underground garage. Decent sized room (we were in 3, overlooking the promenade and the sweep of the bay), and en-suite bathroom was first-rate. With a bath, which you don't always get these days, if they've squeezed too many rooms into a building when converting it. Excellent hotel but see "what you didn't like"

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

friendly atmosphere

breakfast was a bit disappointing - it didn't seem very fresh (not saying it was stale though!). wifi wasn't working, but i was informed of this at check in

the staff were all so friendly. the room was nicely decorated, seemed to have been quite recently done. location is very handy for town, mousehole, and the coastal path. excellent price for all these things.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

A comfortable hotel with friendly helpful staff - definitely would use again
    • Double Room with Sea View

Parking was in a very tight garage with little room to manoeuvre. Due to the season, The restaurant was not open for dinner so we had to go find a pub for our evening meal. We had hoped to eat in the hotel and one of the reasons we chose this hotel was because of the great restarant reviews.

The Location was perfect for everything, the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was first rate and had many choices. The rooms were warm, clean, comfortable and had all the amenities needed for a cosy winter stay. You could not have asked for a better view from the bedroom window...it was amazing!

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Enjoyable, friendly and convenient
    • Twin Room with Sea View

I parked on the street rather than their car park for residents. Not familiar with hire car and seemed a little tight.

Friendly staff and excellent food

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

A warm haven for a wet and windy autumn weekend.
    • Double Room with Sea View

The area, at the extreme end of the promenade, is a bit run down and abandoned-looking (but this position makes it pleasantly quiet at night). A little brighter lighting in the room would not come amiss.

Lovely staff, and the warmest of welcomes, including a room upgrade to the lovely corner Room 2, with windows overlooking the bay in all directions. Extremely comfortable place to spend a long weekend. Splendid breakfasts.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Good location, clean & well presented

Room 19 (single) due to bizzarely overly large bathroom, the bed was placed with headboard by the door-therefore noise from other guests & cleaning crew

Clean tidy, well maintained, right on the promenade, 5 minutes walk to town 15 minutes walk to Newlyn. Good breakfast made to order

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Although advertising a superb restaurant it was closed,if we had known we would have changed the booking also had to boil the kettle on the floor as flex was not long enough+ no lift and we were on the second floor!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Excellent location, modern decor
    • Double Room with Sea View

Slow service at breakfast. Had to wait for table to be cleared. Breakfast nice. But when I ordered bacon egg and beans that's exactly what I got....one of each and very small

Great location with private parking. Friendly staff. Modern decor. Very clean and comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Hotel lived up to it's great reviews.
    • Double Room with Sea View

A minor point the mattress was squeaky and a little too soft for my liking.

A well presented quality breakfast and very friendly staff in this highly clean top hotel

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Nice, but.....
    • Premier Double Room with Sea View

The shower was not very powerful and was lukewarm in the evening. When I informed the staff, they simply said that it was probably because people were all showering at once. The bed was too soft.

Lovely feel of the hotel, nice room and friendly staff. Location excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Excellent location on the promenade, but not so good if you do not get a room with a view.

My room had no view, just heard people outside walking outside my window across a metal bridge/stairwell. The room wasn't cleaned as well as I'd have expected.

The location was perfect. The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Nice attractive building with spacious rooms

No real complaints

Excellent location in an attractive Victorian building. Our room was fairly spacious, with bay window overlooking the sea. We also had offstreet parking

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Clean, immaculate and friendly hotel on seafront

Although we had lovely sea views (3 rooms), there is a busy road between the hotel and the beach, so if you want a quiet night, then maybe these are not for you!

Spotlessly clean throughout, nice cotton sheets and feather pillows.The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel was in excellent decorative repair from top to bottom.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Perfect short break!
    • Premier Double Room with Sea View

We had a slight problem with our toilet as the button stopped working but when we pointed it out someone came up to fix it while we had breakfast so when we got back it was done so couldn't really complain about it as they sorted it out quickly!

The bed was incredibly comfortable, the staff were lovely and the room we had was perfect. Would definitely stay here again!

A very good Breakfast in the best Quality.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

A very good Breakfast in the best Quality.

Noisy room

Great breakfast

I would be happy to go back

Very steep stairs to the rooms with no lift

Helpful staff. Nice feel to the place. Welcoming.

Enjoyable nights stay

Mattress was uncomfortable

Breakfast was excellent

Lovely stay and lovely staff

Lovely stay and lovely staff

Nice hotel,fantastic room and welcoming staff.

Nothing-really enjoyable stay.

Nice hotel,fantastic room and welcoming staff. Breakfast great variety and good quality.

comfortable bed, clean pleasant room, friendly helpful staff.

Friendly helpful staff

Everything you want and expect . I would go again.

Not much but the room I was in was a bit quirky

Very clean, good breakfast, excellent efficient and friendly staff .

The breakfast was brilliant
    • Double Room with Sea View

The bed was uncomfortable.

The breakfast was brilliant

Great stay, superb location

Location and room.

Breakfast was amazing and staffs are so friendly!

Breakfast was amazing and staffs are so friendly! Everything was perfect!

Welcoming. Friendly great location

Room was quite small

Friendly staff. Very good breakfast with lots of choices.

Good

Excellent. Beautiful sea view

Dated and Tired
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Property is a bit tired.

The location was fine. Breakfast was very good.

Amazing place, amazing staff.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Amazing place, amazing staff. Couldn’t ask for more

Great stay...recommend this hotel

Excellent eggs Benedict for breakfast...friendly service...great location

A comfortable base from which to explore the area.

I wish I had booked a room with a sea view as it is directly on the promenade.

Staff very friendly and helpful. A good choice for breakfast.

Staff were so helpful, breakfast delicious, everything you...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Small tv and room could have been cleaner (Windows and sills).

Staff were so helpful, breakfast delicious, everything you needed in the room.

Comfortable and relaxing-

The breakfast was superb. Friendly staff.

Great breakfast

It’s nice to get accommodation that is sensibly price and very good.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Everything from parking, hospitality, breakfast, staff, I will stay here again when next in Newlyn/Penzance