Reviews of Beaconsfield Hotel 2 stars

5.6

6.2

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Clueless

WiFi would not connect to the internet as it was incorrectly configured., No problem auch as that could be brought to the attention of the management because they were not around until noon. That could have been a serious problem in an emergency. Leaving the hotel was by the fire escape as was entry if it was after the pub had closed, I think that was the only way out as the door down into the pub needed a code and was shut if no one was working down there. That was not safe. Only one towel was provided, large for a hand towel but by no means adequate as a bath towel.

There was a fridge in the room and p;enty of milk was provided. The cleaner was very pleasant and as helpful as was in her power, although it was not her responsibility. The manager helped me with my bag. alrhough I could have managed OK on the carpeted stairs. The atmosphere of the pub seemed to be good as I went through it to get up to my room. There is a shopping centre opposite, I had to use it to get WiFi.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Overpriced and dirty

Room was filthy with most fixture damaged/ broken / grotty. Room was so small it laws literally the size of a single bed with no room for a chair next to it. Very overpriced! Also tried to get me to pay again when I arrived but I had already paid online! Thank God I used paypal as I could prove it!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Badly represented by the description, really shabby place!

Very unclean, poor reception on arrival as they didn’t have our booking information, entrance via a fire escape on an evening, very thin walls!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Bad experience

Was not clean bed was all old staff in the room noting clean proply

The room was very old and not very clean is noting to do whit the picture the provide in the booking site i was very disapointing

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

No parking when should have been free parking. Bar not very welcoming. Room was so small had to sit on toilet seat to put socks on. Out of reach window left open all night No staff around in the morning. Only way out with heavy luggage was down outside fire escape. You'd have to pay me to stay here again

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Don't go to this hotel!!!

A horrible place, would never go back. The rooms are a mess, not clean to a standard and unfinished (patches of color on the walls), absolutely nothing like the photos. The rooms are above a super dodgy bar - I am talking scary stuff - and not sound proof AT ALL, meaning we stayed awake until the party was over! Seriously considered forgetting about the money I spent and finding another hotel. 100% not worth 60 pounds per night.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

cheap, cosy , friendly staff , good transport links around london

there were no curtains on the window so poole could look in but apart from that it was cool

beds were comfy , staff where friendly , rally close to fisbury park , we went for a festival !!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

I would have given it a zero!

You now couldn’t pay me to stay here!! We thought they were being nice letting us check in slightly early as they don’t open strictly until 1pm. Which is weird anyway, but it is a pub run business with rooms. When they heard we were after a double room when we booked, but none were available they used this to make money out of us. They spoke in a foreign language between the manager and a woman behind me which is when we believe they decided without us knowing to put the two beds in. We paid for the 2 single rooms we had booked and checked in to one and went to a festival came back from the festival to find they just chucked a put up camp style bed in the single room, attempting to make it a double room, making it the tightest squeeze as it’s a single room. They sold our second room to someone else!! So we couldn’t do anything but just accept it. It was dirty. The owner hung up on me when I called him to ask what was going on as the staff there on shift had no idea. So much for saying ‘when you check in to the second room ask for me I will look after you’, he wasn’t even there. The place looks nothing like the photos. It’s run down. Broken things everywhere. We had the smallest room with a broken blind so we couldn’t even get any light in the room. It’s on a busy noisy main road. We found left over make up brushes from the last person. So they had barely cleaned it between guests. There was literally no space, could barely get the door open & in and out. It was ridiculous and how they thought it was acceptable I don’t know. We also had to ask for a duvet for this new camp bed. They just left the sheets! They also left milk and a juice in the fridge which was a nice touch but then they never doubled these when they suddenly made this make shift double room.

Somewhere to sleep and leave our bags whilst we visited family.

The bedroom did not have a chair or bedside unit or lights. In the bathroom, the wash hand basin did not have a plug and the waste outlet was damaged and the shower had a lot of algae around the tray and the shower head. This is a pub that has rooms. I could not get a cup of coffee in the bar. The only parking is in the street. The accommodation is in the process of being refurbished but the room we had was a long way from being good.

The staff were friendly and helpful .

No internet

No internet. The wifi is on, but it is not connected to internet. I was there for three days, and no internet access from the very beginning to the very end.

This will be my Regular

The Hotel is in a brilliant location, Train station across the road, plenty of Restaurants. The pub below it, didn't try the food but I will next I'm there in November.

Reasonable for the price

The room was very noisy with music from the pub downstairs. I knew that the rooms were above a pub but I didn't expect the noise to carry as much as it did. Also I could hear doors opening and closing at all hours, which prevented me from sleeping, and when people walked down the corridor leading to the stairs, it made my bed shake.

The staff (who was also the barman) was very helpful and accommodating when I asked for a quiet room.

Far too loud, no parking, opted to go home instead of stay

Parking isn't as freely available as advertised at this hotel - there is on-street parking for free between 6.30pm and 8am on a residential street just outside, so available but no guarantee of a space and you will get fined or clamped if you don't move your car by 8am, and there's a shopping centre across the road that I presume will have a daily rate, but one of the reasons we booked this was the offer of 'free' parking on the booking pages of which there definitely wasn't any. Very misleading to start with. When we did arrive on the Tuesday night, there was no record of our booking; we only got a room because I had the Booking.com info printed out. The room we had was nothing like the rooms advertised on the website - we realise now that some of the rooms, or building itself, has been renovated and these are probably the pictures used for advertising, but the room we had wasn't anything like that. The bed was comfy but squeaked a LOT, and we couldn't keep the window open for coolness and fresh air because it's situated on the corner of an incredibly busy and loud street, even late at night. The pub of the hotel was playing loud music until after 11pm, and then the customers who weren't locked out were just being generally noisy and loud afterwards. We found it that difficult to relax and sleep that we gave up after a few hours and actually chose to go home rather than staying the 2 nights we had paid for.

Right next to a tube station which can be handy for travelling to/from London. The bed was comfy and there was a toilet, shower, basin and kettle in the room.

friendly staff and rooms were basic but had everything you...

the bathroom was a little small and the shower was dripping causing the water to splash on floor leaving the floor wet.

friendly staff and rooms were basic but had everything you needed. nice selection of tea and coffee for you to use and beds were comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very friendly staff, Willing to help on everything.

Rooms are located facing a busy street so It Can be noisy. no elevator.

Very friendly staff, Willing to help on everything. Manor house metro station is about 10 minutes walking and bus line 29 stops nearby.

Shocking weekend

Whe we arrived the pub was closed for renovations but no one let us know this. So i thought ib booked a scammed place. Please let future guests know in advance of arriving.The entire bathroom needs bleaching the sink need a new plunger and the shower drain needs unplugging. The bed was comfy but the pillows are flat and we went a bought some new ones to sleep on.

It was easy to find, also near everything we were doing and good transport links.

Death trap

- lock on our room was not working meaning that we could not open the door from the inside and were locked in. No staff in during the night meaning that if anything happened we would have been trapped in the room. Basically a death trap. - faulty electric sockets patched with tape in the hallways - Very dirty, outside and inside the rooms. - room in the hallway with a sink and microwave with old rotting food - bedroom dirty all around, even found some shampoo bottles laying around from last customers so no one was cleaning the rooms between guests (or doing a very poor job) - no room cleaning during your stay no.matter how long that is. Cleaning staff said they only clean the bins but that was not being done either - mold on bedroom walls, bathroom walls and shower After being TRAPPED IN OUR ROOM OVERNIGHT decided to move out due to serious safety concerns. Spoke to the hotel and booking.com about this and no reasonable solution was offered. Please avoid

Nothing, it was a disaster

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Great location, good transport links

The bathroom is too small, no rail for towels. The bedding was not change for our entire stay and the bin was not empty. Work started without any prior notice to guests and work starts around 8:00 which was very noisy.

Great location, good transport links

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Avoid.

Very dirty and smelly. For the price you pay this place is unacceptable. Stains on sheets and walls. For much cheaper you can get a MUCH MORE decent, clean, and convenient place like the Travelodge. This hotel (more like a motel) needs to pay attention to their cleaning...

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great hotel in a nice location with very friendly staff

Everything was good

Helpful and very friendly staff, Kulan in particular. Confortable bed in a big room. Breakfast included. Great location with plenty of transport links and close to shopping areas, many nice and varied restaurants, parks, arsenal stadium, Alexandra palace and at a stone through from central London

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The garden was fine.

Don't go here, you will ruin your holiday. It's nothing like te pictures. We booked 2 nights, we were so relieved when we could finally leave. We got the key to our room, we almost couln't open the door because de doorhandle fell off. The stench was awful when we entered the room. There was fungus on te ceiling and everywhere in the bathroom. Both beds were broken, one of them was just a shelf with a matress on top. The closet was rotting, the shower was too. They said there would be breakfast, we never had any. The fridge in the closet could not be opened, the door was stopped by the hinge of the closet. There was no hygiene at all. It felt worse then prison. Worst off all, we met two girls when we came home the first night. They sat on the stairs with all there luggage because they couldn't go in their room. There was a junk in their room smoking drugs. Worst hotel ever.

The garden was fine.

A nightmare ( filthy )

I didn’t like anything about it. We arrived at the hotel 15 early to be organised. When we arrived the hotel/pub was closed I rung the contact number a number of times no answer, there was also other people waiting outside to check in who were also ringing the contact number provided. Finally at 12.55 they let us in and we just stood by the bar waiting for a member of staff to check us in as they were just sitting in the corner on there phones. When I asked at 12.59 could someone check us in they said with an attitude it’s 1pm check in. Come on like it was 30 seconds to 1. Once we checked in we went to our room I was horrified I knew the hotel was budget and last minute and the photos online aren’t the greatest but in person the rooms were much much worse. There was blood all over the bed sheets, there was no point in having the one pillow provided as it was as flat as a piece of paper. The bathroom (which is the size of a small cupboard under the stairs) was full of black grime. The shower has not been cleaned for the last people who stayed as there were empty shower bottles and the shower floor was stinking. However we just dropped our stuff off and went to London all day. We didn’t sleep at all as the staff were outside our door until 2am arguing then we heard a hoover and banging all at gone midnight. The rooms were boiling and I just couldn’t breath in the room. In the morning I went to make breakfast which is meant to be provided in room however there was one bowl and when I grabbed the coffee cup it hadn’t been cleaned from the previous guests as there was dry coffee all around the inside, the kettle doesn’t fit into the sink so was tricky. I felt so dirty by the morning and I couldn’t shower as the shower was so bad I would have come out just had dirty they also only provided two small towels and if I’m honest I couldn’t risk using them knowing how dirty everything else was.

We didn’t like anything.

SCAM (RIP OFF) we aware of giving your credits card here

I got charged twice. The receptionist told me the card did not work and requested another one. I gave other one to him, and he charged me twice, after 2 week of talking to them about the refund, they hang the phone. Stay away from this place

Room was very hot but that was due to the weather being so hot but had to open both windows which let a lot of flys in. Our key broke and there’s no one to let you in we tried to ring the number but no one answered so we had to climb over the wall.

Very good location as we went to a festival which was just up the road.

This property is in a great location to both manor house...

This property is in a great location to both manor house tube and green lane overground station, the rooms are clean and well equipt with great wifi reception. there is a variety of different restaurants around the area. overall great value for money

It was alright

Keys to doors were stiff , took ages to open doors especially back door at night not convenient, toilet wasnt cleaned smelt the whole stay , no fan

Free wifi, and close to finsbury park

Only stayed here because the location was perfect for wireless festival. Should’ve stayed elsewhere

There was no air conditioning at all so I had to buy my own fan. There was only one window with a broken blind. It barely opened. The fridge didn’t work properly. The headboard of the bed was broken. The shower head kept falling off and the lighting was terrible

The location was nice. Apple juice and milk in the fridge. Clean towels

Nothing to look forward to but cheap.
    • Quadruple Room

Right next to very loud road and had to have window open as so hot in room. Hard to sleep with noise and heat combined. Very basic "continental breakfast" - it is just a box of cereal with milk and apple juice in the fridge in the room.

Not far from tube station and Finsbury Park. Okay value for room of 4. Room was clean.

The staff were friendly and there is a pub downstairs

It just wasn’t very clean and it was ridiculously warm in the room. It would probably be worth having fans in the room since there isn’t an A/C

The staff were friendly and there is a pub downstairs

It could have been nicer if moody room service guy had been a bit more profesional

Room service not provided after the first night meant I missed out on inclusive breakfast the next morning. TV remote control totally shattered and nor working at all. In room ft ridge not working, seemed warmer inside. Apple juice provided as part of free breakfast was rotten, had become sparkling and not drinkable. Extremely warm inside the room

Good size dinner table in the room

Good price for a room with own bathroom.

It is a little shabbier than the photos. It is a busy intersection so there is traffic noise in front rooms.

Good price for a room with own bathroom. Short walk to Underground and on the Piccadilly Line. Supermarket very close. Seperate entry to accommodation. Comfy bed.

Wont stop there again.

Parking and staff attitude not very helpfull needed a vat receipt had to wait ages more interested in serving the locals before anybody else standing up the bar .Shower cold.

Staff is very rude,worst customer service ever. Left my Beats Headphones in there and they had the audacity to say that it was not there when it was clearly there. Would never recommend this hotel for no obe

Pictures nothing like property!

Very grimy and very small room,also only window was a tiny one near ceiling that we could not get near, so very stuffy and very warm throughout the night. Walls had stains and over all wasn’t clean! No parking available. Also big issue was the shower and taps we were getting shocks from when we touched them...very dangerous,serious electrical problem! Continental breakfast was a bit of a laugh-two tiny cereal boxes from a multipack and a kettle was all that was available!

Only positive was shower seemed nice up until we started getting shocks from the taps, which showed there was an electrical fault!!! We did get fresh towels every day and bed was made but that was only positive

Great location, very reasonable price

Very noisy due to the pub downstairs so was unable to sleep properly. Didn't realise music would be going on until very early hours of the morning.

Very reasonable price for location. We stayed here as we were attending an event at Finsbury Park so the location was perfect. There are some big shops local too which were very helpful.

Good location.

Mattress wasn't that comfortable and room was really small. Carpet is not clean either. Do not go in with too many expectations and you'll be fine.

Good location. 5 min walk from Manor House tube station.

Just a stay

Outside staircase, narrow and steep. No outside lightning. If you're more than 90kg you can't go into bathroom. No hand towels. Terrible neighborhood.

Nothing really

Comfortable, accommodating but a little disappointing

Our room was on the front of the building so quite noisy until early hours. Building upstairs looked as if it was a work in progress and decor / flooring could be improved.

Bed very comfortable with coffee facilities and fridge including complimentary milk/apple juice and choice of cereal in the room, as cooked breakfast not available. Very friendly staff

Bloody brilliant

The fact we were right at the top lol, just two boxes of cereal and not enough sugar,

The bed was really nice and comfy and the television was in the right spot, every where was nice and clean and the Guinness was nice and cheap and beautiful smoking area

The owner of this premises has no interest in making their guests have an enjoyable stay, avoid

Everything i'm afraid! There is no reception so you have to wait at the bar until the barman is available. The room I was provided was cramped, had soaking wet carpet (presumably from leaky pipes under the floor boards), a tiny washroom with a shower that dripped all night and ran hot then cold. The decor was shabby, the windows were single glazed so there was loud traffic noise.

This accommodation is a well located with easy access to overground and underground rail stations, bus services and on street parking. There are ample shops, restaurants and bars close by and Finsbury Park only 2 minutes walk away.

Beaconsfield poor review

Poor service the receptionist was also a bar tender in a busy pub.the reception was the bar it was awful.the room had a distinct unclean smell and old bedding.the room looked absolutely nothing like any of the photos advertised.

Unfortunately personally speaking there was very little to like about this place.

Brilliant staff, great location and excellent value for money!

We had a problem with our first room BUT staff were great, apologetic and they changed our room with minimum fuss which was really appreciated.

Staff were super friendly, the location was great, close to Harringay green lanes overground and bus stops. Lots of shops nearby including a shopping complex opposite the hotel. Cereal, juice and milk available readily in the room. Staff were helpful and assertive, also really friendly and sorted out any problems quickly and efficiently. Helped with suitcases up and down the stairs which was great! Above a pub, competitive drink prices and it wasn’t noisy at all which was unexpected, would definitely recommend as value for money was met. They supplied us with extra pillows upon request and no request was too big or too small for them.

Cheap and cheerful

Windows didn’t open out wide but that’s personal choice one blind was broken and pillows were flat. Although made the trip entertaining.

Location was good near many shops and restaurants walking distance to overground bus and underground stations. Plus reasonable price to pay. Although it above a pub your completely seperate and can’t hear anyone. Rooms are a big size. Bathroom have been recently decorated

Liked the fact we had a fridge in the room, with a few...

Could have had a cooked breakfast option at the hotel, would have been a good idea

Liked the fact we had a fridge in the room, with a few treats inside

Kulan the manages was a very helpful person the room was...

Everything was perfect nothing to say bad .

Kulan the manages was a very helpful person the room was very nice and clean. The customer service was excellent and I would recommend this place to my friends . Also the location is perfect as it has a lot of transport near by .

An unwelcoming and dirty stay.

Obviously a place more suited to renting rooms by the hour. Tea towel sized linen for the bathroom which looked and felt like it had just come out of my sons gym bag. Shockingly flat and old pillows. Broken bed propped up on wood blocks. No top up of tea/coffee/sugar/cereal etc etc

3.0
    This hotel its.

This hotel its. Not safe and secure .....I be front the on 1am left my bags after comeback for checking in But no one in hotel no reception , phone ring but no one pickup phone till 14h30 No one 😭😭😭😂😂😂

Friendly and helpful proprietor.

Just a small point. Mention underground exit, number 7, in diections

Friendly and helpful proprietor. Large room. Double bed rather small but extra bed meant we could twin.

just an average hotel

the hotel manager wasn't massively friendly when it come to payment

What you see on the photos is what you get, however the shower in the en suite was broken and just not up to requirements

Painful!

The “hotel”s website said there was parking, this is true if you are a resident in the area or wish to park between 6.30pm & 6.30am. The closest car park is over a mile away. The “hotel” said they had parking permits for £7.50 per day but didn’t have any that I could purchase! The pub downstairs does not serve food (again this was advertised) and the room I stayed in had a very mouldy bathroom as well as a window that if touched might have actually fallen out of the frame! It was warmer in the corridor outside my room than in my actual room! Not a fun place to stay for two nights!

The location was unfortunately the only good thing!

upsetting dissapointing spoiled our plans

Too much to mention mainly I did not expect to be mopping up the constant floozing in bathroom and the fact I could not use sink to wash face and brush teeth had to wait to use the shower stayed here for me and husband to enjoy anniversary it was bismall the TV did not work properly could only get couple of TV stations I could not use WiFi because I did not know WiFi code the staff for was not helpful the cleaner did not wash out cups properly they were still dirty the room was far from what was advertised on booking .com fake com I did not enjoy or feel comfortable decor was a bit tatty although room was clean enough bed was too creaky I complained to management about the water flooding from tap who said his boss would give me call but he did not call left me there at bar until I went back to room only thing consistent was the hot water it does not look likely I will be returning here again very upset about flooding of basin and that I could not use basin to wash face or brush teeth was a big inconvenience and a bother

Room not at pub - apartment 5 mins away!

We thought we were staying at the pub, only to be told on check-in that we were staying 5 minutes away in an apartment. There was one guy on the bar who was serving everyone and checking us in, so it took a while and as we were in a rush to get to the Ally Pally, this wasn't good. He was friendly enough though. We arrived at the apartment to find there were no tea or coffee facilities, on booking it said we would get a light breakfast but as we weren't staying at the pub, that wasn't possible. The bed wasn't very comfy - cheap mattress and very flat pillows. I booked it because we needed parking too and it said parking was 'available' - in the street until 7.30am the next morning, but nowhere to move the car to. And after a night out, you don't want to be getting up that early to drive when check out is 11am!

The apartment was modern and big. The facilities were great - kitchen was big and there were 2 doubles even though we'd only booked a room for 2 people. Price was good for what we got.

Worst hotel ever

Everything!

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my 24 years on this earth. The room had paint marks on it, and was smaller than a toilet. This was not the room advertised on the website and I will be making a complaint!

Nice experience!

Some extra reading lamps would be nice.

Very close to two tube stations (Manor House, Harringey Green Lanes) and a trainstation, Many buses. Nice Area with many little cafes and restaurants and shops.right next to Finsbury Park Friendly staff, comfortable beds, little Fridge in the room so you can buy your own things, microwave kitchen on first floor. We stayed on the top floor, very quite and roof top views(see foto). Breakfast in room with cereals, juice, fresh milk, so you can start the day at your own pace.

A room above a pub is not a hotel! I learned my lesson.

Arriving to climb up the fire escape after hours without any security light felt unsafe. The kettle was unclean and I was unable to clean it out in the small sink. There was no seat in the room, only a plastic foot stool.

The decor looks nothing like the pictures on the website. The bathroom was covered in damp. The bedding was clean but this was the only bonus. There was a constant tank/heater noise which meant I couldnt sleep.

I didn’t like the noise coming from outside the window. Every time the bus went buy or a fast car I felt the vibrations the room shook. I left my phone charger behind and rang the next day to tell the staff I forgot it and they said there was no charger. I’m 100% sure I left it in my room. I will miss you charger. :( The lady who took my phone call and welcomed me was very friendly and an absolute angel extremely helpful. For some reason one of the staff got my number and asked if I was on fb. Lol Unprofessional but anyway never mind.

I like that the room was warm and had hot water. It looked clean. There is milk in the fridge.

Cheap, not especially cheerful rooms. Bit grubby.

The room we had did not look anything like those pictured online. Walls were grubby. Lock on window didn't work. Panels were missing from the shower tray and quite a bit of mold in bathroom. Room generally wasn't clean.

Great pub downstairs

Location was perfect, price was good but not somewhere I’d be keen to return to. Sorry.

Decor was not to taste for anyone from this century. No fridge as advertised, bulb in loo not working, no milk for tea and cereal. Blind covered in stains and wallpaper pealing off in large chunks

Location and traditional pub downstairs.

The mold on the wall ruined the rest of the positive aspects of this room

The wall has been destroyed from the inside due to humidity! There was mold on the exterior wall! This needs fixing yesterday!

Nice spacey room with a nice bathroom

Ok value for money

the late night entrance is throught fire excape. the noise from the bar was very high.

The hotel has very good traffic conection. The room was clean; cleaning was every morning. Good value for money.

Good for visiting the Darts

Could be more modern, and needs a renovation. Loud street in front of the hotel

Bed was comfortable, and bedsheets were clean. Good public transport connection! But the price is okay for what you get

Excellent value for money & ideal for our purpose

Broken blind & tiny bathroom

Accessibility to London & Alexandra Palace. Spacious room, comfy bed & tea/coffee/breakfast facilities. Towels ‘swan’ on bed on arrival. Convenience of parking outside for £7.50 for 24 hours & above a pub. Very accommodating manager.

Unfortunately we would think twice before booking this hotel again.

We returned to this hotel as we were happy with the accommodation the first time we booked but unfortunately, on this occasion, we were placed in Room 17. Although pre-warned, this room had a step down which could prove hazardous but the biggest problem was the radiator which could not be either turned off or regulated. Even with the window open it was stiflingly hot. Another grip was the only bedside light provided needed a replacement bulb.

The location was good for the purpose of our visit.

Convenient and great value for money

The kettle was filthy, the coil was dirty. We cleaned it up, but once we boiled water, it blackened again, so we gave teas and coffees a miss Other than that, everything was fine. Good value for money, get what you paid for.

Close to the station, was approximately 10minute walk Staff were friendly and approachable Provided breakfast in the room, as in, milk, juices, cereal etc, was a nice touch Staff friendly, both check in and check out was a fast and simple process.

Originally I didn't expect too much from this hotel,...
    • Quadruple Room

Cereal was provided, but we didn't have any milk!

Originally I didn't expect too much from this hotel, picking it only because of how quickly we could get to the Alexander Palace with public transport (The Harringay station is a 10 minute walk, and a 5 minute train ride!) and for it's low price for a room of 4. The room was spacious, had really comfortable beds and even provided towels so we could all shower. I can't fault the place, especially considering that a room for 4 in London is quite hard to find! If i'm ever in need of somewhere to stay after a gig at the Alexander Palace i'll be sure to stop here!

What you get for a cheap price.

The ceiling had a leak. The bathroom it´s so small that you can´t close the door while you are sitting in the toilet. The fridge was inside of the "wardrobe", well... the proper word maybe it´s STUCK. The reception was part of the bar counter, and the access to the hostel was from an outside narrow staircase...

For one night it´s acceptable. The hotel was almost new. The carpet was new. Nothing remarkable. The room had a minirefrigerator

horrendous

ceiling began to leak water..reported to beacon hotel and was told the person on duty was only bar staff and nothing could be done no switch of room was provided no money back was provided this is terrible

The staff were very helpful, the room had a small fridge...

The staff were very helpful, the room had a small fridge fruit juice cereal, milk, tea and coffee with TV, it was a good size room with en suite and value for money.

Completely dissatisfied

Dirty, smelt of smoke, wasn't what was advertised, extremely noisey and staff didn't appear to speak English. They cancelled my booking and even when I rang them 3times to rebook and to check a few hours prior to arrival I was told my booking still existed to then arrive and discover they had cancelled it

Basic roon, good value for money, interesting area (if you are interested in Turkish food!)

We found the immediate area really interesting - Turkish restaurants and shops - felt a bit like on holiday in Istanbul! The room was basic and clean, and what I'd expect at the price. Nothing grand! Although it was above a pub (2nd floor) and it was Friday and Saturday nights, the noise we heard was from the main road and the fridge. So we slept OK. There's separate access without having to go through the pub, which is also a benefit.

Tea,biscuits,cereal and drinks in the fridge.

The place is very noisy (noise coming from the street plus music coming from the pub till 1 am). The smell in the hall is hard to stand. The pictures on booking do not reflect the reality.

Tea,biscuits,cereal and drinks in the fridge.

The room stank of cigarettes and there was no hot water. No staff to assist except when bar was open. When we did talk to the bar staff nothing was done so we left early and await a refund.

Convenient, fairly priced and well managed.

Some lighting in the outdoor drinking / smoking area would be nice.

The manager, Kulan was very friendly and gave us both a free half-pint of lager when we checked in. The room and on-suite was compact but clean, the bed comfortable. The room came equipped with a fridge, kettle, a wall mounted television and a full length mirror. We both had a good nights sleep as the part of the building we were in was nice and quiet. Orange juice, coffee, milk, sugar and cereal were provided. Plenty of shops and bus stops nearby - the nearest tube station is about 7 minutes walk away (the length of Finsbury Park).

You'd be better off staying in a tent in a park.

My (fake!) Burberry coat was stolen from my room. Could only complain to bar staff as no manager available. Was told the cctv footage would be checked but nobody got back to me; besides, the person who entered the room must have had a key. The room was ancient. Extremely small bathroom. Strong smell of cigarettes. No bed lamp. Self-checkout and nobody in charge to talk to.

Excellent value, for basic travellers room.

You get what you pay for. Very basic rooms, tiny shower, lots of stairs and a bit grotty/grubby. Quite a lot of noise at night- not down to the place itself- just drunken tourists and an all night macdonalds. Rough around the edges.

Cheap and cheerful! I drove to London, stayed and parked on a Saturday night and it cost the two of us £82 for everything. They provide cereal, milk and juice. A fridge, kettle and tea & coffee bits. It's 30 minutes on the tube to town or 45 minutes on the bus. Can't fault it for such a good location.

Browse Beaconsfield Hotel traveller photo gallery