Reviews of Beaufort Park Hotel 3 stars

Alltami Road, Mold, CH7 6RQ, United Kingdom

#9 of 9 hotels in Mold

Good but disappointing

TV channels freezing, bath creaking, carpet needing attention, and the bed creaked at every twist and turn, terrible. Also we were woken at 0200 by someone dragging something around the hotel which went on for at least thirty minutes until we complained to the night porter when it miraculously stopped. However when we told the duty manager the next day it hadn't even be logged by the night porter.

The area, the surroundings, the breakfast, and the value

Good overnight stopover

Double Bed was a standard double and and not Kingsize - am used to larger. Bathroom could be organised better as the toilet was cramped in one corner of large room. Room was on the ground floor and the view from window was of another room (though net curtains were present fortunately).

Helpful staff, Good breakfast - full English breakfast, croissants, toast, fruit juices, tea and coffee, yoghurts plus more . Quiet and spacious room. Bar area was comfy and staff helpful. Big car park for many cars or coaches.

Good location for visiting Chester and North Wales

Room could have had brighter lights

Large clean Room and bathroom which provided everything that was required. Excellent breakfast with good choices that was freshly cooked. Bar meals and beer drinks were reasonably priced.

very good

No lift. Stairs difficult for old age pensioners. 'Room was a long way from top of the stairs (reception) . Noise from tribute group as we had to keep windows open as it was a hot night although it stopped at midnight.

It was everything we wanted. Ideal situated within easy reach of my sons house for visiting. Excellent breakfast. Nice bar for a night cap before retiring for the night

Couldn’t have chosen a better place for where we needed to be

Friendly efficient staff When we checked in and told our room number the housekeeper nearby saw I was walking with a stick and asked if I was going to be alright with the stairs !! ( no lift) She then looked to see which of the ground floor rooms were ready nearest to reception Very pleased with this initiative Thankyou

Cheap and cheerful and more than adequate

Steep stairs to rooms, difficult with luggage. Menu in restaurant is rubbish if you don't eat meat. But over all good value for money, and I suppose you get what you pay for. The location is perfect for my work needs.

Very good value.

Enjoyable. good area good hotel - Very Happy

When room doors close they did bang a bit. Soft closing doors, touch up paintwork and it will be a 4 star.

Staff were very helpful. It' a 3 star hotel but the staff could be rated higher.

Served the purpose of attending a family christening in Mold but would not stay again.

Nothing on straight I.e radiator and plug socket lopsided looking as great care to fit not done.Also tv kept going off and on again.Not good when watching football or a vital moment in a film. Sons had a few long hairs in there room.

Rooms need updating

Staff were ok, however they had to be approached and spoken...

The breakfast on hot plates.

Staff were ok, however they had to be approached and spoken to first. Breakfast was standard, it was not freshly cooked when ordered, left on hotplates which dries many of the items and hardens the yolks on the eggs.

Easy check in, excellent location for our evening out in Buckley!

Couldn’t find anything wrong with facilities & our stay!

The breakfast was delicious, bed was really comfy! The lady on reception was really polite & helpful!

I never saw my room being cleaned properly waste bin left...

I never saw my room being cleaned properly waste bin left full for 2 days and bits on the floor whole to time I was there the same towel was left thrown over the bath

Highly satisfactory

No long mirror in bedroom, but this seems to be the case everywhere. The grounds are not particularly attractive locations for sitting out of doors on a summer's evening.

Almost everything: bed, bedroom, bathroom, bar, restaurant, staff, parking. Value for money outstanding: in terms of guests' comfort the Beaufort Park was not far short of another UK hotel where we stayed recently at three times the price.

I recommend this establishment to anyone seeking accommodation in north east Wales.

Very good all round with friendly staff and a comfortable spacious room. I was very pleasantly surprised to find local real ales in the bar, in excellent condition too.

Nice location, but outdated

The hotel is a Bit oldfashioned. The dining room has no ambiance We hired 13 rooms . Good for the hotel? The lady at the reception only complained about the fact that we wanted to pay per room separately.

A gem

Nothing really. Only issue was rooms were very warm and there were no fans in the rooms.

Everything. The layout was superb. The car parking was plentiful.

Pleasant stay, in the end... upgraded to Windsor Suite after complaining about rudeness of staff

On arriving to check in, we were told we would have to wait until a coach load of 50 people were checked in first. When I tried to object to this and suggest we should be checked in first, as we had arrived at reception ahead of these people, both staff were very rude, one telling me I should just sit down and wait, the other commenting "shall I just tell everyone else to wait for you then?" as if I was being unreasonable. My wife and I were both very, very unimpressed by their manner. On complaining about the situation we were upgraded, which certainly helped, but I was still surprised by their attitude

After complaining about the rudeness of the staff on check-in we were upgraded from our twin rooms to the Windsor Suite. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was very luxurious; the whole family enjoyed taking turns in the Jacuzzi bath!

Comfatable but ended on a sour note

Was told by staff to have breakfast in my room just call reception in the morning only to find out it had to be ordered the night before therfor I paid for a breakfast included room that I never received an left hungry

Clean an comparable room

Ideal location and very good value for money. Quite a lot of bedrooms and availability

Bathroom was a bit tight fit, but was adequate for our purposes.

It was very central as we were playing golf locally. The facilities with there being a Pub/Bar/Restaurant on site was especially beneficial at reasonable prices. The property looks as if has been re-furbished and has many function rooms.

Excellent value hotel in good location.

Bed was spacious and comfortable when in it, but a little unsteady when sitting on it. Surprised that bar closed at 11 pm on Friday and Saturday nights, especially as functions on and live music Saturday. We would have expected a later closing time. As room service stopped at 9.30 pm there was nowhere to get a drink after 11.

Good room size, nice furniture with plenty of storage, good bathroom with complementary toiletries. Generous tea/coffee facilities in room. Fast and efficient check in and out. Excellent breakfast with efficient and friendly service. Lots of seating areas in the hotel lobby and first floor. Quiet room, overlooking garden lawn. Bus stop across road, easy access by car with large car park. Everything was clean and tidy, in the room and public areas. Good and comfortable bar, with real ale and outdoor seating. Excellent value overall.

Fantastic rooms,most of the staff were really friendly and...
    • Family Room

Breakfast When we came down for breakfast there were tables that hadn’t been cleaned and re set for the next people,we had to clear a table ourselves to sit down the table cloth had a big stain from someone who had spilt something,had to ask for cutlery which in the end had to get our own,one member of staff there was very rude towards us,I loved everything apart from the breakfast,food was lovely,like I say it wasnt very well organized at all

Fantastic rooms,most of the staff were really friendly and helpful

Basic
    • Family Room

Party going on downstairs and listening to loud music. Perhaps I could have been moved to a quieter part of the hotel.

Location for my work visit later that day

Overall staff friendly;

I could not get a coffee in the bar despite a member of staff seeing me standing at the bar they walked away. My evening meal (room service) was not very hot and the fish had been placed on the bread and butter which left the latter very soggy and not edible. This was not the experience I had with room service the last time I stayed. Breakfast as always was good value for money.

Overall staff friendly; reception staff superb.

family trip comfortable 80's throwback

standard room has v small double bed size. No lift. very 80's decor.

We had to up grade to a suite as the standard beds were very small.The upgrade was great though. nice big room and king size bed. Breakfast was really good.

Ok to stay for a short stay.

Common areas are not that clean whereas the rooms are clean. No view at all from the rooms.

Liked the food in restaurant and the service they offered in the restaurant was amazing.

Throughly enjoyed my stay ☺️ thank you

A little dated and the bathroom although very clean needs a little up date fantastic towels

The room was comfortable and very clean Nice soaps etc and tea and coffees Beautiful towels hotel has a lovely ambiance Staff go out of their way to be helpful👍🏻

Good for one night.

The fact that it was a ‘wedding factory’! Smokers hanging around the outside main entrance.

Obviously a multi wedding venue.Despite being very busy ,the bedroom area was very quiet., without disturbance. breakfast period was busy but well organised.Parking plentiful.

Quite good but somewhat dated. Staff were pleasant and welcoming.

Not so much "didn't like" but the bathroom was in need of refurbishing. The staff on duty at breakfast were young and appeared under prepared for dealing with such a large number of guests.

The room was fairly spacious and comfortably furnished. The breakfast was very good.

We were given a room that was so small you literally had to...

We were given a room that was so small you literally had to walk sideways to get round the bed if we had not been able to change rooms for an extra £100 we would have come home

An ok place, rooms very dated and lack any personality - bust staff were pleasant and breakfast was

Rooms were very dated, broken light in Bathroom and poor decor - walls were so thin that I heard EVERY conversation in the next room which meade it difficult to sleep.

Lovely hotel and location

Comfortable room. Exc food. Overall disappointed for reasons stated.

After long journey from Ireland not much sleep night before looked forward to evening meal and early night. Between 8.30pm and 9.45 outside our bedroom on a bit of flat ground was a mass of youngsters and adults doing team building tug of war etc. I phoned reception to find out how long it was going on for. ( 2 ladies on rec one older) I think the older lady answered and was quite short with me. No apologises. My view was they could have done their team building elsewhere. No doubt in response the hotel will say there was no where else. Untrue. They kept it away from the front of hotel. After such a lovely meal and asking for a quiet room. Felt let down.

Amazing meal. Good Breakfast.

Very good
    • Family Room

The hotel is very tired looking and very od fashioned considering this is the only hotel in the mold area, it could do with a much needed upgrade, saying that it was good value for money

The beds were very comfy, yes very nice, the breakfast was excellent

perfectly acceptable for a 1 night's stay.

I didn't like the bacon, it was hard and didn't taste nice. A bit noisy at night, there were people passing my room chatting as they went to bed at 2 in the morning and at 4 in the morning! It was a Friday night.

Friendly staff. Nice bar with really nice local bitter. Room was fine.

Overnight stay to attend a family wedding.

As I mentioned above, the comfort level of our pillows!

The very large bed was extremely comfortable but sadly I can't say the same for the pillows but then I am very fussy when it comes to my pillow. We both slept very well, so no real noise issue and the room was a nice temperature. As previous reviewers stated, the bathrooms could do with some upgrading but the shower did work well in our room. The full breakfast was tasty and plentiful although not very hot but we where quite late so may have been hotter earlier. Any members of staff that we engaged with on our stay were helpful and friendly, all in all we had a very nice night at the Beaufort Hotel.

Good breakfast, plenty of choice.

OK Hotel for a couple of nights. Slightly tired looking rooms. Basic bathroom. Not much else within walking distance.

Good breakfast, plenty of choice. Decent friendly bar with food and daily specials on site. Free parking. Short drive to Mold.

Comfortable friendly, value for money,

Having to leave.....

The staff were excellent, they may of had a training course on customer service,but they were all genuinely nice. The food was excellent there was no need to venture outside to eat. The room sizes definitely beat the Hilton, would recommend this hotel.

Great place, for what we needed it for

Furniture was a bit out dated and the heating wasn't on in the room when we got there

It's was great, we had a meal in the hotel and it was lovely, just all round nice place

Nice sunny day so lunched outside and enjoyed breakfast

No trouser press as advertised no bottled water in room to buy or otherwise. Room supposed to be double more like double for single occupancy. V small and quite tired looking.

Welsh breakfast good. Orange juice poor quality. Had to ask for extra coffee

The bed was uncomfortable and I don't think it's good practice to have family rooms next to others such as doubles. The noise of children isn't something people want to pay for particularly when their parents let them do what they want including fighting and slamming doors. The hotel does require some up-dating and the entertainment in the bar wasn't very good.

• Family Room

Bedside light did not work. Window warped and did not close properly. Shower unit was terrible; water dribbled out and was either scolding hot or freezing cold. Very difficult to get it right. Not great, especially when travelling with children. Also, draymen turned up at 7.15am and were not quiet! Overall, very disappointing.

Fair for overnight business stop

Quite dated and tired.Bad smell in the room. Couldn't get a VAT invoice when checking in, told they only supply them at checkout.

Bar meals were good quality and fair price. Plenty of staff around.

There was a banging noise all night on the first night we...

Attitude of the staff

There was a banging noise all night on the first night we complained and the staff said it was the tennis court we ask to move rooms they said no so we left and didn't stay the second night and they didn't give us back our money very very disjointed

GOOD, ONCE I HAD FOUND IT.

THE HEATER IN THE BEDROOM DID NOT WORK. THE TROUSER PRESS IN THE BEDROOM DID NOT WORK & NO IRON WAS SUPPLIED. THE GREATES PROBLEM WAS FINDING THE HOTEL. IT IS VARIOUSLY DESCRIBED AS BEING ON THE MOLD ROAD & ON THE ALLTAMI ROAD. NEITHER OF THOSE ROADS ARE NEAR EACH OTHER NOR ANYWHERE NEAR NEW BRIGHTON ROAD, WHERE THIS HOTEL IS SITUATED.

VERY FRIENDLY STAFF.

Not memorable, but we were perfectly happy.

The shower was feeble.

For three-star accommodation it had everything we required. No romance. No oohs & aahs. But everything we needed. And clean & efficient.

Allright for 1 night stay to meet family.

Didn't like the single beds pushed together to make up for a double bed.especially when I ordered a double.got iron delivered to room wasn't very good didn't get hot enough to take creases out of clothes.shower was poor.price of soft drinks expensive.

Breakfast.evening meal.comfy seats.

Super location, great staff and good breakfast.

Our room was in the older part of the property with no double glazing in our room and a wall heater instead of central heating radiators.

Superb staff at Breakfast, great choices too.

We hope to visit the Hotel at Mold again.

Considering that we were Welsh speaking guests, there were no TV and Radio facilities available - no S4C or Radio Cymru connection - which would have greatly enhanced our stay being that the hotel is situated in Wales. It would also have given guests from elsewhere an opportunity to hear and realize that Wales had its own language - one of the oldest living European languages.

Having been to the hotel several times, we were pleased with the facilities offered. The room comfort, the staff and Food quality was exceptional.

Value for money

Room 265 The bed was extremely old and uncomfortable. The shower was unusable and the water was lukewarm. Towel rail was broken and cold.

The hotel was good value for price. Food was delicious and staff were friendly and helpful. Good breakfast.

Overall an acceptable stay Food needs improving

There was NO trouser press or ironing facilities in room 267 Room not easy to locate there needs to be more signage Evening meal in restaurant, main course ,surf and turf very bland both steak and sea food

Room was clean, spacious and warm (room 267) Plenty of towels Good internet connection and plenty Restaurant staff excellent especially the lady serving me I think Polish

Great for overnight and a bonus to have on site restaurant

The room was a bit cold and heater didn't appear to work. Not a great issue as the bed was cosy.

Good range of services, nice clean room and decent shower!

Enjoyable, perfectly pleasant

Hassle-free overnight stay. Room was fine. Breakfast good. Evening meal was a very pleasant bar meal - glad to have it early as the bar filled up later and would have been less comfortable.

Brief - lack luster and forgetable. Which is a shame as this place could be impressive.

The Food, It was a case of frozen crab cake starter - Under cooked Tuna main at highly inflated prices. The breakfast was also lack lustre and I've had better in greasy spoons. The Hotel is a little dated as is the furniture within the rooms

The beds were comfy and I slept well. The views were good. The staff were helpful. The cost of the room was more than fair

For the price paid it was acceptable but basic The room was clean and comfortable .

Towel rail did not heat up Room 209 Decor finishing is very poor Boring room service menu

Room was clean and comfortable and in general the staff were helpful and friendly The breakfast was acceptable but basic

Horrific. Couldn’t be paid enough to stay here again.

The evening staff where very rude. The restaurant had a very long wait on food, the starters where brought out with the main, even though ordered as a starter. No one came back to check on how the food was. The shower was dirty and had the previous guests used soap and empty wrappers. The women behind the desk was very rude and extremely unhelpful. Even said: ‘why would you go anywhere and not prebook a taxi. I’m not standing here for an hour ringing one for them’ Another member of staff even said: ‘Do we have to let the scousers in.’ The hotel was also not gritted and due a member of our party being in a wheelchair we struggled to get into the hotel. The hotel should also not be sold as a disability accessible hotel, when the showers are not accessible and there is no way to get a shower. Due to this, our experience was very disappointing and left us angry and upset.

The women behind the desk was polite but only the one in the morning

The hotel is very tired and needs updating.

The hotel is very tired and needs updating. The carpet in our room was stained and parts of the bathroom grouting were black. Bathroom lights didn't always work properly. Overall the room was very basic.

Competitively priced hotel with easy access to Chester and North Wales Coastal towns

Bedroom facilities are tired. The electric bedroom heaters need to be replaced with hot water central heating radiators as the thermostats click on and off during the night. Most annoying. The toilet flush takes too long to refill in room 245 and the bathroom extract fan is exceptionally noisy. The new owners of the Hotel need to address these "niggles" to bring the hotel "back to life"

The reception staff, bar staff and restaurant staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. Hopefully the new owners of the hotel will benefit from such well trained and friendly staff

Not bad for what we needed but could be better. Staf.friendley

Some of the cooked breakfast was cold ..and food a bit greasy.also was a wedding party on so was noisy with music at 1am .but stay was ok .bed was hard also did not sleep very good .

Was ok .

Really enjoyed stay

We arrived early and reception staff rang around to get us a room that was ready, also they arranged a taxi for us for the evening. Nothing was too much trouble.

Pleasently surprised and delighted with our stay as it was mainly chosen for it's location.

Rooms could have done with a little more sound proofing, though I am a light sleeper.

Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was very good. Nice comfortable area to sit above reception. Staff were very friendly and the room was very clean.

Food Excellent, but the hotel dated, stayed twice now in the...

Food Excellent, but the hotel dated, stayed twice now in the last month! the shower in each room we've stayed in are very bad! this week! told staff each time...but I don't think anything will change! it's a shame because it could easily be maintained...poor maintenance

As above.

No issues great value for money.

Breakfast and bar dinner very good.Bed very comfortable,shower ñot great hard to regulate temperature.Staff very good.

Overall value for money - Clean and comfortable room

The finishing off in the bath room needs improving e.g tiles broken and side of bath damaged room 256 The towel heater did not work On second morning NO HOT WATER ASKED NEW TOWELS BUT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Evening meal was very good and staff in restaurant excellent Service was exceptional and head chief paid me a visit to ask about my satisfaction with meal Value for money

Nice hotel, but needs to put in more effort in cleanness
    • Family Room

The room was dirty, so does the bathroom. The water pressure was so poor that we couldnt have a shower. During breakfast time I would prefer to choose my own portions and food.

The check in was fast and prompt and the size of the family room was generous.

Better than average. Staff were lovely.

Water pressure was very low when the hotel was busy. Pillows were thin & lumpy. Entrance to the room was very dark, could have done with an extra light just inside the door. Not keen on being served my cooked breakfast although the staff were happy to give me what I asked for. Coffee was poor, too strong & without a good flavour.

A nice quiet room. Well away from reception.

Great food, fantastic staff and will definitely be my base when in this area.

Just one grumble, the shower was hard to keep at an even temperature, fluctuating between just right, too cool and too warm. Possibly due to neighbouring guests using toilet or shower.

Excellent food and fantastic staff always smiling and willing to help or go that bit extra for guests. Clean and comfy rooms, loads of parking space and good location. Will definitely stay again and recommend to friends, colleagues and other travellers.

Did the job.

The breakfast wasn't great - hash browns were over cooked and swimming in fat.

Clean accommodation although dated - friendly staff and great location.

Second Christmas at Beaufort will do again. Excellent value.

No offer to carry bags and too casual greeting at reception. Are you alright. Is not a suitable greeting I expect to be addressed as sir. Old fashioned I suppose.

Breakfast was good.
    • Family Room

The family room was located above the bar, with live music until 11pm. The soundproofing is poor, so the room was very noisy until after 11. Fortunately my children were able to sleep through the singing, but I didn't.

Breakfast was good.

Late night book in at Beaufort

Booked in late receptionist for first time seemed a little bit unhappy tried to make conversation but first time ever not even a smile and not looking at me when speaking looking elsewhere this is not a usual greeting at this hotel

Always stay here when working late and have early start always clean and lovely staff usually and the rooms and beds are comfy

Very pleasurable and I will definitely be returning.

The only criticism was the TV was so tiny a widescreen would have been the icing on the cake!!

The bed was extremely comfy. The food was lovely particularly the breakfast which was outstanding. The staff were very well mannered and courteous at all times. The staff at breakfast couldn’t have been more helpful and polite creating a lovely experience.

Excellent!

Another nice stay....My Mother and Father live just down the road so we meet up there at Christmas. WiFi is excellent and the bed was really comfy. Restaurant food is nice. No problem with parking as the car park is huge. Breakfast is also nice with full English available along with cereal and pastries. Lovely quiet hotel ...I love this place!

Never again
    • Family Room

We had to sleep on the floor because the beds we so uncomfortable . I am not joking . Me and my 2 boys got about 3 hours sleep . It was shocking

Food was ok

Can't recommend and won't be going back.

First room stank of cigarette smoke even though the rooms are non smoking, next room was ok, the heated towel rail in the bathroom was broken and look as though it had been like that for some time, I literally had to run the water for more than 5 minutes to get hot water, this is a hotel in serious need of bringing up to present day standards, on the plus side the staff were friendly and helpful.

Bed was comfy, room was warm

It was where work party wad so ok

The girl at breakfast was so miserable. Didn't seen to be any senior management about. Firstly there were no eggs ready then sausages then black pudding.. .

It was where work party wad so ok

Brilliant staff, very helpful and responded to all my...

The property was old and so not well insulated. The radiator in my room did nothing so I had to call down and have them bring me a temporary heater. No iron in room and breakfast buffet portions are tightly controlled!

Brilliant staff, very helpful and responded to all my requests for assistance promptly and politely. It is a little outside of Chester but was perfectly located for a wedding I was attending.

Good value overall. Would stay again.

I didn't realise when I booked the hotel that it is on two floors and no lifts. As I suffer with arthritic knees a room on the first floor wasn't ideal and would have affected my choice if it had been more prominently mentioned and no ground floor rooms were available. It wouldn't put me off a future visit providing a ground floor option was available. View out of our room (274) straight into the underside of a HGV parked very close on a ramp.

Comfortable, spacious room, clean and well presented.

Browse Beaufort Park Hotel traveller photo gallery