Reviews of De Vere Beaumont Estate 4 stars

Burfield Road, Windsor, SL4 2JJ, United Kingdom

#9 of 10 hotels in Windsor

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Our staffed room in the green wing.the fan in the bathroom was not working and half the window lock was broken so we did not have any air in the night....

We loved the grounds the bar the water lilly pond

• Deluxe Double Room

The mattress on the bed was not good .... But other than that everything was perfect ... I loved every minute of my stay ... Perfect hotel ,,, perfect setting ....

2 fire alarms overnight...not the fault of the hotel; the lack of staff presence and guidance during those alarms is their fault Avoid the buffet restaurant at all costs...better value at the Harvester just down the road Don't expect to be able to speak with reception face to face..they will ignore the queue of people to answer the phone instead

Comfortable bed Nice scenery in grounds

• Standard Twin Room

They ran out of everything ! We stayed twice once before and after a holiday .... each time they had hardly any food left on the menu , wine ran out, and the bacon and egg breakfast ...had no bacon

The location is great and staff do their best to help you

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

This is clearly a very popular hotel so try to avoid checking in at 5pm on a Friday if you are in a rush as the queue was very long. This also meant parking nearby the room was tricky as there were a number of functions on so spaces were limited.

Very large, spacious, modern, clean and comfortable room. The bed was huge!. The curtains blocked out the light well so no waking up before you want to. The staff were happy, friendly and made me feel very welcome. Great location too. Loved that you help yourself to breakfast. Very relaxed and means you can get exactly what you like.

I had phoned the hotel the previous day to book the restaurant for myself and friend. I was told it would be ok to book when I checked in. On checking in I was informed that the restaurant was fully booked so I'd have to use the buffet restaurant. We did this as we had no choice, unfortunately we were then faced up with a lot of children running around as this restaurant was aimed at families. Which is fine if you have children. Not if you are an older English and American lady. Very disappointed.

the rooms were comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Bath

There was an event going on ,and the music was loud,it went on late which we did find a little annoying

We loved the old building and that it had been a school in its former years

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I fail to understand why, in a recently updated room, there were no towel rails in the bathroom. The wall at the back of the bath/shower is the obvious site for them. If there had been rails my towels wouldn’t have been put out to be replaced. A hairdryer is provided but there is no socket near to a mirror. Either have as long flex or a hairdryer in the bathroom. Also in a hotel such as this I would expect a magnifying make up mirror in the bathroom. I had to ask for a hotel directory.

I arrived in the middle of the afternoon and check in was very quick and efficient. I was even wished a happy birthday! Check out at 9.45 am a couple of days later was equally as efficient. My room had been recently updated and the bed was very comfortable. I had breakfast on two mornings. It was ok but I have had a lot better in lesser starred establishments.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The bed was nice and comfy. Nice and clean. Plenty of parking. Coffee making facilities, but no fridge. The grounds were great to explore. Swimming pool good especially for kids (lots of floaty aids provided for the kids)

• Standard Twin Room

Service was very slow, most staff were unfriendly and unhelpful, several requests had to be made until you got something done. The pool area was not very clean and the pool highly chlorinated. I spent 9 nights there and would have received better, friendlier service in a cheaper chain. Some colleagues were given incorrect bills at the end of their stay and had to battle to get them put right. Not a good experience. Being on the flight path isn't helpful either.

Beds were comfortable. Good location though and lovely grounds.

• Standard Twin Room

Checking in was too slow.

Housekeeping were great at sending back a pair of forgotten cuff links to me. Only sentimental value but I thought the customer care was excellent.

Very quiet location on an interesting old country estate. As we were on the ground floor it was great to have a patio door out onto the garden and be able to sit outside our room and listen to the birds singing.

Room was very hot at night - thanks for the fan! Gym equipment a little creaky and could do with an update!

I was in the newly refurbished 'blue' area. As others have noted, it is a bit of a walk but that wasnt a problem at all. The room was very quiet, very clean, and had an extra comfy bed. Great pool, not too busy and it was open 6.30am till 8pm. Good choice of food at mealtimes in the restaurant and bar.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

This is a vast conference hotel, the pictures advertised are of the charming White House, this is not where you will be staying, the first room I was given was the worst I have seen. I was travelling alone, yet it had a double bed and two roll out beds in the room so no floor space, it was dirty, smelled of old urine and was dark. I went down stairs to queue again for a change of room, this time a refurbed room. Well it was an improvement, still in a terrible block off to the side of the hotel, sparse, not quite finished and no way of contacting reception, I had to call reception via my mobile phone, with no offer to fix this! I booked half board, but was given no details of where to go to eat. Found the restaurant, buffet no table service for drinks, no atmosphere, awkward, unhelpful and miserable staff. Breakfast similar to a service station fry up. All in all I would steer clear, I expected more from a De Vere Hotel, especially one who specialises in large corporate events.

• Standard Twin Room

The main meal element of the buffet was limited but perfectly edible. The main restaurant was booked up. Our room in the school house had windows so high that we could not see the lovely grounds.

I did not have breakfast so cannot comment on that. but our room was upgraded to a superior room and my request to be near conference facilities due to limited mobility was met. It was well decorated and comfortable with a stylish bathroom. The grounds are lovely and I wish I had time to use the leisure facilities available.

• Standard Twin Room

The cost for a one night stay for our dog was £30 which seemed very high as nothing needed to be provided for us.

Some of the previous reviews I read were quite negative about the parking and the distances to walk to the rooms. We did not find this to be a problem. The grounds are extensive, well kept and beautiful. The public rooms are lovely and the reception area especially. The staff were friendly and helpful.

At breakfast went sure how to order coffee, details on wanting to be seated outside, perhaps a little more information at reception or the restaurant welcoming

Beautiful hotel and grounds, friendly staff, very clean and well presented, already wanting to book to return.

I would’ve liked to have received the product that I paid for.

Stayed in nicer premier inns. Was stuck in a old part of hotel, dark and worn out. Pool was like a local swimming bath. Room was nothing like pictures at all, wrong room, broken fan (25 degree heat) reception wouldn’t pick up phone. No fridge, or shop nearby, was given one small bottle of water (had to walk all the way to reception [6 mins] to get it). Overall average place, sold as luxury.

• Standard Twin Room

Ok they did have a number of corporate function going on at the venue,If I had any moans it would have been the lack of staff on the desk, when trying to check in...but really I only had to wait 10 to 15minutesso really not a great problem.

Staff all really friendly and the breakfast was great value. I would add we never had breakfast till around 9 o'clock, but I would think it would have been really busy at 8.30 before all the corporate conferences started.

There was no ventilation in the room apart from a french door that opened on the ground floor hence a security risk at night. This made my stay extremely uncomfortable and led to disrupted an sleepless nights. I brought this to the attention of the receptionist and all she could come up with was supplying me with a fan. This did not work because it was too noisy to enable me to sleep. I was exhausted on my final day and could barely stay awake during conference lectures on Saturday 9th of June. The duvet was also too heavy for this time of year and I requested a change but was not given a lighter one.

The swimming pool was very good

Didn't get there until 10 pm and it would have been handy to have been able to get a sandwich at least on the complex as no where local was open

Clean, comfortable, attractive and spacious rooms. Lots on offer for breakfast. Only stayed the 1 night on a stop over so didn't experience any of the facilities

• Standard Twin Room

Restaurant too busy to accommodate me. Bar so busy with only one staff member. No vending machines to buy your own confectionary / drinks. Coffee machine broken and no air conditioning!

Lovely, big spacious hotel. Very pretty inside. Beds very comfy.

• Standard Twin Room

IT issues for our training group - these were very basic, and yet neither set up for us in advance nor addressed. Why is this an issue in a conference venue! Room was clean, but more like student halls; tv didn’t work but there was never any answer at reception; booking does not make clear that bath is half the size of a standard one; food wasn’t great; there weren’t anywhere near enough staff to cope with the number of guests / events being accommodated; I have enormous respect for people who work in uk when English is not their first language (shamefully the vast majority of us can’t, and don’t even try to, speak anything but English) but it took 3 staff members before my injured friends’ request for some ice for her knee was finally understood. These were not behind the scenes staff, but people in front of house / customer service roles.

ONE particular staff member was very helpful, thanks go to her.

Single rooms need renovating

This is my third trip here, hotel fabulous, but they didn’t have both our rooms booked when we arrived. The hotel handled the situation brilliantly by putting is all in single rooms but in every if the rooms was very poor with my fiend having to get. Quilt to put over the bed as the springs were going through the mattress. This is a fabulous hotel and I would stay here again, just an unfortunate mistake this time!!!!

• Standard Twin Room

Staff semed very demotivated and one guy at the bar was bordering on rude. The buffet dinner was disappointing, not worth the money and the staff seem disinterested.

The breakfast was very good, great variety.

• Standard Twin Room

The pool area needs updating.

Had a lovely Stay at the Hotel - Room was really comfortable and enjoyed the variety of food in the Buffet restaurant. Grounds at the hotel are beautiful.

They changed dinner times to suit anther large group , and when you planed to get back form your day out ,to make sure you eat , no one told me this on arrival, no water in the room , no hair dyer,

• Standard Twin Room

It's a massive site and we stayed in school holidays so breakfast was a bit chaotic

Only stopped over night room was perfect for our needs but basic and well decorated

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms were very hot, no air con. We had booked a twin room, but not available at check in, so given 2 singles. One of the bathrooms still had a dirty towel in it. Pool could do with a refurb.

Great location, beautiful grounds. The evening and breakfast buffets we great, despite the hotel being very busy.

• Standard Twin Room

The information about check in at reception before trying to find your room the ground floor rooms have no way of natural ventilation unless you leave the door open all night which is not really safe

The hotel is in a lovely spot

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel is just too big! It has beautiful grounds and garden, but the rooms go on for miles, we were staying as a party of 14 and we were spread all over the place. The pool was nice but a baby was sick in it, so we left. Breakfast looked great, but at £15 a head far too expensive for a family of 4. The rooms were okay but no a/c and was just ridiculously hot, so we didn't get much sleep, reception did supply a fan though The staff were very helpful though. It was an okay stay, hotel is nice, but it didn't suit our stay on this occasion.

Beautiful building and gardens, easy to find and very informative and helpful staff.

Mattress and carpet in some parts of the hotel had seen better days and more lovely checking in staff please.

Grounds were lovely and very well maintained. Food was good too.

• Standard Twin Room

It was a long walk to our room as we were obviously in the newly built part. Although it was very clean and modern and the bathroom great the main room itself was small with very little room to walk a the base of the double bed. My husband did keep catching himself on the TV situated on the wall as he tried to walk past.

The room was very clean and tidy and for two nights it was perfect for us. The young girl at the desk was extremely helpful. The hotel foyer itself was very clean, spacious and appealing. We did not eat or drink at the hotel so unable to comment.

• Standard Twin Room

nothing I can think of we both felt relaxed and refreshed after our stay

a hearty breakfast to start the day, 1705 bar and restaurant and patio area a nice place to be, we had a room in the blue house bit far from the restaurant, room clean and comfortable

The fan was faulty, we asked for a replacement as it was hot and our 7 year old couldn’t sleep, we waited half an hour but no one came, had to call again to which they replied they hadn’t got a spare one.

Everything particularly the big bed and joining rooms for children

I can only describe this visit as my worst nightmare and going back to a Hi-De-Hi holiday camp! Sadly our visit coincided with a family conference event with on-site activities throughout the whole premises which sadly the hotel never gave us advanced notice about. This meant the place was fully booked and excited adults and children running all over the place from early morning. This meant an early wake up call as you can hear everything in the corridor outside the room. At breakfast we were turned away by staff from the main restaurant room as it was totally manic and no seating available - and then pointed in the direction of the 1705 bar where it 'may be' a little quieter - but just as busy! The pool was crowded and check out this morning meant queuing for nearly 20 mins as there were only two staff on reception and no manager available to speak to as he was tending to a first aid emergency. Our room was situated a good 5/10 min walk from reception and poor disability access for moving luggage up and down stairs.

Comfortable bed - which would have been great for a decent nights sleep other than the noise from the corridor and adjoining room!

• Standard Twin Room

Very noisy room. Under flight path for Heathrow. No sound insulation - heard man next door room having coughing fits through the night. Heard all people walking along corridor thru night. Massive hotel - v misleading website- mostly just modern standard rooms on repeat along dormitory style corridors. Rooms extremely hot. No air con. Staff at breakfast v grumpy didn't seem to enjoy jobs and restaurant ran out of most food way before the time breakfast due to finish.

Big swimming pool but fitness complex hugely overheated and not a warm weekend. Grounds beautiful. Original building beautiful from outside (never saw inside as seemed to be just for suites although didn't explore thoroughly.

On the first night of our stay we had very little sleep as we were woken at roughly 2.30am by very noisy guests. We tried telephoning reception three times and there was no reply. We asked the fellow guests for some consideration but the noisy disturbing behaviour continued until around 3.45/4.00am. In the morning we complained at reception whereupon all we were offered was an apology and that a security team should have been checking the hotel. Another guest standing near also confirmed the noise. Unfortunately after a long and tiring journey to the hotel the day before and very little sleep impaired our enjoyment of the wedding we were attending on the 4th May. We would appreciate the hotel's comment on this.

The bedroom, pool and the grounds

Housekeeping was poor.. dirty cups no shower gel.. half empty shampoo.. beds were poor quality

Brilliant location.. easy run into central London by train or car..

Rooms, dining area very tiered and certainly not up to a 4 star expectation

Beautiful building, reception very modern and in keeping with 4 star expectation that area has just been refurbished

Many ramps and long distance between rooms for disabled and reception or restaurant.

High quality of food breakfast/dinner. Comfortable accomodation accesible for disabled person on wheelchair but in hotel.

nothing it was excellent

we brought a very ill person who uses a gas bottle to help her breath, i am well aware that the hotel staff can't check but every time we needed to park near the rooms the spaces were taken up by inconsiderate people there was only 2 geniune badge holders in spaces designed for at least 5 cars per block

• Standard Twin Room

Check-in was busy & que was long. Swimming pool v busy...could do with being bit bigger. Main bar also very busy.

Great location. Room clean & comfortable. Garden lovely to walk round. Buffet breakfast & dinner good.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

the corridors to the bedrooms and door furniture are basic and scruffy.

It’s a big smart hotel with a nice atmosphere- we were going to the golf at Wentworth- location was ideal and staff were helpful in getting taxis.

The property is massive and it took a while to walk to my room. I was working for long hours and wanted room service but they didn't deliver to where my room was which meant I had to go to the hotel restaurant. The food was quite nice so that was good.

The staff were very nice, I ended up eating in the restaurant for the 3 nights I was there and everyone was so friendly. There was also a good variety of food.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Restraint menu was very limited a d expensive. There is a Harvester within walking distance. Service for drinks a d food wax very slow and poor. Bar had a poor sale tion of drinks.

Rooms, grounds were great. Situated in a built up area it was nice to have the peace of the estate.

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was a farce, no plates to start with, no seats available had to wonder around three times till we found a table free. Milk ran out for the cereals, bread for toast was a free for all and a long queue. The whole thing lacked organisation and supervision.

Location is great, staff are helpful. Had an evening meal in the main restaurant (1705) very happy with that.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Staff all miserable! Especially in the buffet restaurant. No cutlery, no cereal bowls and told to go ‘look for a table’ then I cleaned it myself! No pastries at breakfast, no white bread. Not enough staff at all, I felt sorry for some who were working very hard but looked stressed!!

No air conditioning. The rooms including the hall way were ridiculously hot - even with the windows wide open. It was really uncomfortable. Didn't have a mini bar/ fridge to keep drinks cool.

The room was lovely and bed was comfy. A good variety at breakfast.

Everything!

Evening meal (a basic buffet) was sold to us at £20pp which included 3 courses. They had ran out of all deserts and could only offer us one choice for the main! Very poor quality. The breakfast was horrendous ......... no cutlery .... has to clear and clean our own table .... no bowls left ..... no children's cereal ..... no pastries left ........ no cold drinks ...... couldn't offer us tap water!!!! Staff ignored us! Very miserable. In the end we didn't eat anything! Do not stay here ...... a premier in from now on for us!

Room was very dirty and very small for an executive room. Make sure you book the restaurant if you want to eat nice food. You can only eat pizza in the bar area but the menu does not tell you this. The buffet restaurant is very expensive and the food was cold and not nice. The only member of staff that listened to us was the receptionist when we left earlier than had planned!!

Location of the hotel was good .

• Standard Twin Room

Slow service ...no aircon no water in the room was told to drink tap water..was told restaurant closed at 10pm they wouldn't seat us at 9.30 after a whole day at golf we were starving! Got ripped off by a taxi driver £20 to drive to Wentworth the next day it was £12.50 ..room card didn't work and it took 20 mins for them to let us in so we are cold pizza on the hallway floor !

Grounds and hotel itself was very pretty

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The 1705 restaurant is certainly not A'La Carte as advertised. The grounds are unkempt, website is very misleading. Checking in was a shambles. Room 232 hole in carpet, tiles cracked tiles in bathroom

Location was ideal, but not a lot else to recommend the hotel.

Place is sprawling, too big for our liking family hotel> noisy lengthy queues at check-in pool too busy This is not a place for an intimate/quiet break

good wifi professional staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Under staffed. Poorly managed. Inconsistent information. Told we could move a table reservation from 7 till 7.30 as too busy. Only 3 tables in whole restaurant at 8pm. Asked if could sit away from other diners to have privacy and said no. One trainee bar staff at the bar with a full bar. Messed up my upgrade and made out it was my error??

The view from the room.

Location was ideal to visit Windsor and the Estate is in lovely grounds. To walk into Windsor took around 30 minutes, the bus was expensive £7.00 for two and about a five minute bus journey so if you are active I would recommend the walk. The view from our room wasn't pretty but it was just a base.. Room was basic but with nice touches, had everything you need and spotless.

Small rooms that were incredibly hot and stuffy. Though a fan was provided this did not do much to help the situation. The plug in the bath was broken and we ended up using our nail scissors to pull it out. You could also hear music from the weddings going on both nights of our stay. I also felt that due to the sheer size of the hotel that each guest wasn't valued or really cared for.

A beautiful and rather large estate with beautiful grounds and appearance. Lots of recent reservations meant the hotel was sleek and modern, particularly in the reception area and the new courtyard. We especially loved the outside pizza oven.

Room very small for a double could just get past the end of the bed! Restaurant waiter could not speak English and decided to balance his tray in our table whilst cleaning other tables! We were eating at the time!

Convenient location

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast options, choice, set up, layout and service, one towel in the bedroom, basic yes and coffee options in the room, ....we booked the accommodation as we were doing the ride the night event so actually we didn’t even sleep in our rooms / our booking was a special treat for ourselves to provide the warm showers, nice hearty breakfast and spa after the race. All very disappointing I am afraid. Ps I couldn’t get any butter for my toast / the staff said that they had none. This is basic stuff guys. I also asked for a bowl for my yoghurt and was told to use a cup.

Location, grounds, decor

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was very uncomfortable was like you slept on a diving board. The shower was poorly thought out as the floor became like a swimming pool after a shower was very slippery and dangerous

Food :( also the fire alarm was making little noise all night like vibrating phone

The gardens and outside place they have is amazing ,however,the food let us down completly The room we stayed in -standard room- was only acceptable

Noise from wedding parties, so very difficult to sleep. Buffet breakfast was very ordinary. Understand theyre catering for very big hotel but would expect more considering the cost of staying there.

• Deluxe Double Room

The food and drinks were very expensive but excellent quality. The bath was small and not quiet long enough for a nice relaxing soak!

Arriving after a day at Wentworth for the golf we were welcomed with polite and friendly staff. Our room was well equipped and a comfy bed. It was quiet and relaxing after such a busy day.

Asked for champagne in room as it was weekend of proposal to my partner. This didn’t happen. It was clear we had just got engaged as guests were congratulating us. The staff just looked at us awkwardly and didn’t say anything. Barman couldn’t pull a pint. They had crates of stock on display in bar area which looked really amateur. Especially when the price of drinks were particularly high you expect a decent service and a clear bar

Rooms didn’t have air con only a small fan, also I requested a room with a garden view and instead got a room over looking a roof :(

Hotel was spacious with lots of out door seating, was set in a good location and staff really friendly

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The size of the room was a disgrace. Booked a family room and asked could it be switched to a twin. They moved us into a room with 2 single beds that were touching eachother. Wouldn't put my kids in this room

The garden and facilities were good.

The breakfast could have been better. Quite basic. The main restaurant was fully booked. The bistro only had a buffet, which does not suit us as we only have small appetites. The main bar so busy , impossible to get anything to eat.

The room was tastefully done. Bed very comfy.

Quilt was far to hot & not enough ventilation, so not a good nights sleep. Needed more bar staff, we waited about 40mins, then gave up.

Courtyard bar was a nice shaded area to sit in.

Small cell-like bedroom with high windows and a tiny bathroom. Shambolic breakfasts with unfriendly staff. Unloved. Won’t be back.

Good location for Wentworth and Windsor area. Not much else.

Room was expensive for what it was. Shower head was broken - soaked the whole bathroom. Tiles In bathroom were loose

Beautiful venue and staff very helpful

In room 1039 very hot no Air conditioning, bedroom is on a mezzanine and the Bathroom is downstairs to get to the room it is not very clearly signed either. I just think that the room lay out should be explained

Lovely Bar and courtyard area

The swimming pool area is out of order. Very dirty. Too much chlorine. Couldn't stay more than 20 minutes.

Very good location. Beautiful hotel. Very quick check in and check out service.

Room extremely long walk from reception. Food & choice in buffet restaurant disgraceful. Breakfast food not hot enough, insufficient (not replenished), messy drinks area, wooden stirrers- no spoons. Definitely not a 4 star experience.

Impressive building & grounds

Not enough places to eat in the hotel on a busy weekend night. Only one bar which had limited seats when it was busy. There was no water in the bedroom.

It was very clean and nice decor

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Children complained about the uncomfortable sofa bed in the family room we used.

Fantastic location for site-seeing in Windsor and our visit to Legoland. Great facilities, wish we’d had more than the one night.

Browse De Vere Beaumont Estate traveller photo gallery