Reviews of The Beeches Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

42 Waltham Rd, Scartho, Grimsby, DN33 2LX, United Kingdom

#7 of 8 hotels in Grimsby

6.2

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Never again

The staff was rude and kept us waiting half an hour to go clean the room after our check in time and made uncomfortable remarks about the state of the room.

It was a cheap bed for the night

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

You should look for a new manager
    • Deluxe Double Room

When we checked in a lovely lass at the reception gave us a local taxi number, we tried ringing it didn't work so decided to go ask at the reception to ring for us as we had to be out at a baby shower.. so as we got downstairs no 9ne was to be seen so we stood and waited, with that this fella came walking out the other room and just stood there looking at us, we didn't realise he worked there as he didn't have a name tag on and he came walking out the bar area so we thought he was someone staying there, with that he said what!! So we just looked at him as we thought he was just a drunk fella... then he carried on and said well cone on what! You here for a party or to Check in or something .. so we replied we're just waiting for the receptionist, he then looked at us with a face on pointing up and down his self and said yeah me! So we apologised and said oh sorry didn't realise you was the receptionist, he then said really snotty back well no I'm the manager so what do you want!!.... he was very rude and made us feel very uncomfortable, maybe if he went behind the reception desk we would off realised but he didn't. The rest of the staff was great and couldn't fault them but I think 'the manager' needs a lesson on how to speak to the guest!

The breakfast was lovely and apart from the manager the rest of the staff made us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Good budget hotel, friendly staff and well cooked food.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The towels although clean are a little thin and rough. Again small touches like soft towels make a huge difference.

Ive stayed here a few times whilst traveling for work because its a good budget hotel. I prefer the deluxe room for the extra few pounds as you have more space and they tend to be quieter rooms. Dont be put off by the poor reviews, admittedly parts of the hotel could do with a bit of TLC especially replacing stained carpets or even deep cleaning them but in fairness ive never found my room to be dirty. Its is basic without the little luxurys you get in pricey hotels but you do get what you pay for. Staff are really friendly and the breakfast was really well cooked and enjoyable to eat without costing a fourtune.I think an extra person to help serve in the morning would be beneficial as the woman who served me seemed to be doing everything

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

The pictures below are the towel which was hanging from the...

The pictures below are the towel which was hanging from the bathroom door, when I checked in! I showed it to the receptionist and called booking.com, hope they have taken some action. This is a disgrace.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

The young man who was in the bar Wez was an absolute joy.

The carpet room 8 was stained, the mattress needed replacing and the shower was uninviting. Although the breakfast indicated on the notice board from 6am, the person who checked us in ,the acting manager made it clear not to think about breakfast until 8.30

The young man who was in the bar Wez was an absolute joy.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

adequate

the whole place looks tired inside and the outside area also. no bulb in the bedside light and staff made no effort to find one just said they were on order could have bought one from the shop across the road!

comfortable bed good shower served the purpose

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

All ways make sure you have have proof of payment??????
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor management. Said I had not paid. When paid through pay pal. Management complaining about booking. Com. Manager like basil faulty.

Lovely room clean towels

We arrived 8pm Friday.

We arrived 8pm Friday. We were checked in by a gentleman. He took our payment and walked away didn’t advise where we had to go to find out room, just left us to find our own way. We walked into the room and it was very very hot. No fan available in the room only 1 pillow on the bed. Another guests clothes in the wardrobe. We were leaving the room shortly after and found the door wouldn’t lock so asked at reception the gent then had to try 3 other keys that apparently were “identical” but yet only 1 worked. They didn’t inform me it was the master key. So there for the next day no maid service could access the room. There was no waste bin in the room, tea and coffee facilities but no tea spoons. The second day breakfast wasn’t available early enough for us so couldn’t use the facilities which was inconvenient. We wouldn’t book here again as for the price we paid we could get something much more.

What I was looking for.

The carpets were a bit tired looking but don’t think that the present owners have owned it very long and that it is a work in progresss

Friendly staff on reception. Location for Grimsby and cleethorpes. Both rooms booked were close to each other.th

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

A very understanding and helpful receptionist.

A very rude and impolite manager. It was my second stay there. they offered me room 5 which had a very big ugly damp satin on the ceiling. I requested the receptionist to change my room as I did not liked it, the manager, with our speaking with me and asking the problem, when upstairs and said the room is in good condition, and when I said not in my opinion, he rudely said for 50£ a night what you expect! when they changed my room the second room had blood stained towels hanging form the back of bath room door. I called receptionist and told her, I also send the pictures to booking.com. That hotel is a poor hostel, nothing like 3 stars hotel.

A very understanding and helpful receptionist.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

It was a great low budget room.

The Tap connector in the shower was broken and leaked onto the bathroom floor. (reported on check out) The Room was just big enough and good for the money. However, I would have rated higher with more space, as that would have exceeded my expectations.

It was a great low budget room. I only needed one night away, and it was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

A night in Scartho

Attention to detail Towels missing in one room Restaurant not open in evening Owners leave it all to staff to do Poor window closures and problems with locks

Nice rooms and bathroom Wayne very helpful on reception

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Good simple budget hotel in safe part of Grimsby
    • Deluxe Double Room

OK overall. Mattress and towels not in first flush of youth. Could pick up a few Brownie points with extra glasses, functioning TV remote and a general spruce up, but would happily book again

We use this hotel when we visit a relative and it's in a convenient and safe location. The Beeches has changed hands over the years but still offers good sized ,clean, quiet rooms at a good price. We don't bother with breakfast so can't comment on the catering.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Terrible customer service manger was abrupt on arrival and quiet nasty, then went on to having no hot water and the iron had no plug, Complaints dealt with in a very unprofessional manner and the whole experience was bazaar never go here

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Could have been better.

Disgusting,dirty state of shower room..Staff reaction ambivalent when we asked for alternative,even if cost more.D

I Comfortable bed , spotless linen and towels.Free Wi fi. This Could have been a reasonable stay but AVOID ROOM 5 if offered..

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Location good, our second visit.

Location good, our second visit. Cheap and cheerful accommodation. Beds comfortable and clean rooms. Breakfast excellent again. Served with a smile. Staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

It was nice and clean and comfortable. Friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The price should include breakfast otherwise the hotel was too pricey for room alone. Breakfast was really nice tho. Think hotel a little too much for where it is. Mattress could be upgraded

It was very comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

NEVER AGAIN

The night porter was drunk and passed out in the only lounge snored so loudly I went to bed because the tv could not even block out the noise on the other evenings the only people in the lunge were the staff and they took up all the comfortable sheets leaving guests to be uncomfortable. The night. Porter was also a bit over friendly.

There was absolutely nothing to like

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Disappointing but staff did try be helpful.

Ensuite sink blocked, shower mat dirty, had to remove hair from shower outlet. Issues reported to staff twice but no action taken. Decorations generally tired and in need of refurbishment. No one available to settle outstanding bill when checking out (!)

Staff very friendly and helpful. Food good.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Terrabul if we had of a got there sooner we would of a come home

When we got to the room it was really dirty had not been hovered or polished she admitted to us that they’d been busy and did not get round to it the tv remote was broke had to keep getting out of bed to change Chanel and bedding was dirty and stained so I asked them to change it very uncomfortable mattress springs and buttons sticking in you all night horrabul experiance

We got there to be met with I had to pay more money to them becourse I had a disabled room booked and they put us up stairs I’m in a wheel chair carnt walk

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Good location.

The Room we were in was a bit tired but excellent value for money. Very Clean and good beds. Room key was a bit tricky to master locking room.

Good location. A good Local pub two minutes walk away. Bus to town centre if you don’t want to drive. After reading other reviews on meals, which were not favourable,decided not to eat evening meal here but took a chance on the breakfast. It was excellent, so don’t be put off booking food. On a main road with local shops opposite , we were in front bedroom, extremely surprised how quiet it was, with windows open. Staff friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

A fairly comfortable, conveniently located and reasonably priced hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bedroom very cold on the first night especially as I was unable to turn on the heating. Also mattress a bit too firm for me.

Very helpful staff and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

We will not return
    • Deluxe Double Room

We arrived and found a box of rubbish left in our room. We had one tea cup also. I took the box to reception and the lady there found me 2 new cups. My husband then went to have a bath, there were only 1 bath and 1 hand towel, 2 pillows and the remote control was not working. We went to the bar, there was no Bacardi, no pineapple or orange juice. We went out and could not get back into the hotel as the buzzer was not working. In the morning we realised that there is a number above the door. There was also no hairdryer in the room and no Wi-Fi. That is no use at all. Overall we were not happy

Not a lot

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

I'll be back.

The only small negative thing was that the grounds could be better tended .

Very very clean and tidy. Plus the staff were very very attentive and helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Awful stay, couldn't wait to leave, Wetherspoons every time from now on, and cheaper,

I would have got a better night sleep by sleeping on the floor, the bed was so hard I was aching all day, for £45 for the stay was too much, got a room for 2nd night at Wetherspoons £39 and brilliant

Looked great from the outside, that's as good as it got,

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

6.0
    The bed was a small double and we both felt the springs...

The bed was a small double and we both felt the springs through the mattress. The reception staff were pleasant but i didn't want to get into conflict over the bed when they asked if everything was ok.however, with the Beeches reputation we were expecting better.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Locals were surprised that we had chosen this hotel !

The whole hotel is sad and run down, it has potential but has been neglected. We had room 8 which was incredibly small, the bathroom was very poor. The biggest thing in the room was the 1.7Ltr Kettle.

Location good, staff helpful.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Room was bright and airy, comfortable clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had requested deluxe room. It would have been lovely to have choice of toiletries, even soap, more than 2 quite small towels between 2. Full English breakfast was fine but we missed a breakfast bar with fruit juices, fruit salad, cereals etc. It was value for money but it could have offered just a little more to attract us back.

Room was bright and airy, comfortable clean. Very helpful young man on reception in the evening.

Almost good value.

They have a policy whereby you have to pay extra for children's beds in a family room when you check in. Booking.com mislead me on this. A room for 3 should include beds for 3.

Clean, modern room, staff helpfully.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Excellent value for money in clean, comfortable accommodation!

There was only one cup in our room on the drinks tray on arrival. I asked the receptionist to have one sent to our room as we were going out for the evening. It never appeared! The reception wasn't manned on our return so nobody to ask. It was a bit annoying as made morning cuppa difficult! My husband has a walking disability and although there was no lift there were rails on either side of wide well carpeted stairs.

Clean comfortable, well appointed room with toiletries provided. Good parking facilities. Welcoming staff and most excellent value for money . Quiet location yet within easy reach of Grimsby/Cleethorpes!

Dreadful

Having booked for 2 adults and 1 child under 6 (who was supposed to be free) we were charged an extra £5 for a bed for the child. The additional 'bed' wouldn't have been fit for a concentration camp

Breakfast was due to begin at 7am. We came down at 8.05 and was told the manager would be in 5 minutes for cooked breakfasts. 20 minutes later we left as nobody arrived and we were due to attend a christening

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Great value for money with lots of food options nearby

The bathrooms were a bit old - the toilets didn't flush too well at times!

Great proximity to some local shops and pubs, in a quieter area of town.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Having stayed at the property some 18 months before this...

Staff availability and service. Receptionist. Bar staff/waiter/ess

Having stayed at the property some 18 months before this stay was much less pleasant. Less staff available and less welcoming. Service was poor, unable to check out properly as no staff and doors locked. Had to put key through letter box and text the night number. Hardly any towels provided despite booking for my partner, myself and child.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Booked because it had a restaurant.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Booked because it had a restaurant. Restaurant closed on night we arrived, because of wedding. Had to go looking for other places to dine in very busy area. Should have informed us when booking. Very disappointed.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

just clean but would not stop there again or recomened them sorry

no lift working but my fault as did not say about my disabierty but it sais catered for disabled so felt i did not have to room door lock only worked when it wanted to the your many was not that helpful watch us stugle up the stairs with our luggege as new what our situasion was evert time you moved in bed it moved so stop you sleeping well toilet did not flush proprely well at breakfast lac of comunicasion on there part we was in room 7

that it was clean

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

I like the hotel - great potential but more attention to detail is needed.

Very poor security - my bedroom door was left ajar, unlocked and with the key on the outside of the door for at least 9 hours. The outside door of the hotel was difficult to shut and so remained unlocked all the time. During my stay there I didn't need a key to get into the hotel. Lack of visible staff made the security problem even worse. The room was cleaned only once during the 5 night stay.

The price, partking and the hotel itself.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Good value for money

Beds were really hard and stains on sheet. Head staff on entrance was a bit abrupt around the whole breakfast arrangement, however the young lady who originally greeted us was pleasant.

Prices were really good for the location. Accomodating when putting the children in the room next door.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Well situated for our rugby tounament at the club around the corner. Every thing we required & more.

On this occasion, we were very pleased with every aspect of our stay.

Location was excellent, twin room clean & great value for money. Breakfast was well cooked and plentiful. When I asked for orange juice, we saw the waitress go out to buy some locally and return minutes later. Great service. Nothing too much trouble.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

I understand that the hotel has changed hands since we last stopped but overall, would recommend it.

Appreciable drain smell due to ventilation fan being switched off, but sorted once the fan was on. Problem with bedside light fitting being broken. We would have been offered another room , but the hotel was full.

Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast with good coffee - very good value for money. Nicely decorated and clean.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

will probably look somewhere else

No coffee, tea, juices or cereals to help yourself to at breakfast. We were not asked what we wanted to eat for breakfasts, two full English breakfasts were brought out to us, one of us is a vegetarian so that was interesting.

Overall standard was OK, staff we're friendly when you could find them.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Do not stay here

Everything do not stay here kept awake till 3am with the noise no breakfast despite requesting the night before , no food and I had a 2 year old with me

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Despite some earlier negative reviews, I found the hotel more than satisfactory in all departments.

Remote control for TV did not work - reported it to reception and manageress was already aware! Found door to my room open when I returned to it one evening (cleaner had evidently failed to close after cleaning). Fortunately nothing taken!

I was upgraded from a standard to a deluxe room because my brother was also staying at the hotel. Peaceful location at the back of the hotel. Good breakfast (poached eggs and bacon on toast). Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

good hotel for short stay however rooms are small for the price.

Our last 2 times we had stayed we paid £30 and our room was very spacious and the bed was a very big too. However this time we paid £45 and the bed was a lot smaller and so was the room. There was also a lot of mould in and around the shower this time around.

The bed was really comfortable

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Good location and clean. A good budget hotel

The current managers started in November and are leaving on Monday. This leaves some uncertainty over future standards . The bed was quite hard

Breakfast was good. Room was cleaned every day and tea and milk replenished. Staff very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

There was a fusty smell throughout the hotel including our...

There was a fusty smell throughout the hotel including our room... stains on the bedsheets.. staff were nowhere to be seen but it was adequate for the one night stay

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Good value basic accommodation with welcoming & helpful staff

Breakfast not included in room rate No shaver socket in bathroom

Helpful and welcoming staff. Basic room but clean and quiet Lovely cafe (Poppins, Mendip Ave) just around the corner for amazing late breakfast and lunch Good accessible location

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

The friendliest hotel in Grimsby

After having memory foam mattress at home and in The Premier Inn where we usually stay I found it hard to sleep all night.I told the manager and they are intending to change this when they have the funds from the owner. It would improve their ratings

Comfortable and bright room with two lovely windows and private view

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

nice and warm

location for us to the sea, on this occasion we had 3 grandchilden with us

welcoming staff, spacious and warm rooms, nice breakfast, a short drive to cleathorpes we would book again,very good value.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Breakfast was all freshly cooked and very good value for...

New owners have not been at the hotel long. Rooms still need a little updating eg carpets but hopefully this will come in time.

Breakfast was all freshly cooked and very good value for money.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Overall it was a good and nice stay.

The mixer for hot and cold water of the basin was not good. Rather there was no mixer, two separate taps for it. A bit annoying especially when you don't want too hot or cold water.

A good comfy bed, nice clean room with very little noise from the neighbourhood. The receptionist received us with an open smile, her attitude was very soft and gentle. She made us feel at home.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

you pay for what you get
    • Deluxe Double Room

Marks on the pillows and sheets. A huge brown stain on the under part of the bed spread. The staff didn't tell me how to turn the heating on and spent the first night very cold. The shower and bath didn't work as it was faulty. hot water nearly burned me in the shower when it did finally work but had fluctuating temperature.

The room size

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

As i stay here quiet often the only plus is the cost.

some guests thought it would be good to be up shouting and swearing at midnight without any care for other guests. Not sure if the staff where aware of this or did anything to stop it.

internet access in room 6 was fine

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Budget hotel Budget quality.

There were ants all over the bar but didn't particularly bother me. Bed wasn't particularly comfy and the room was very small, but for the price you can't expect too much.

The price.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

Will not stay again, quite sad as historically when run by other owners, it was excellent.

Well, where do I start? Reception minus a receptionist, apart from the cleaning utensils and cold mug of coffee on the counter. Waited then a rather dishevelled person arrived, checked the computer, took the payment and handed us a key, with instructions, that was it. Room was above the entrance ergo noise. The (large) room, in need of some serious redecorating (ceiling stains, bathroom walls and skirting similar, industrial toilet roll dispenser, no mixer tap, shower suffering from age - hot/cold on/off, poor flow etc) floor was flexible and noisy, lighting was an issue (lamps out, bedside, dressing table mirror, shower room) but when I mentioned this to reception they were unable to rectify due to it being the weekend and they would be unable to get an electrician i.e. no housekeeper. Shower extractor fan had been turned off at the wall by someone but as it ran on for over a minute after the shower room was depowered, maybe understandable. Bed was made but pillows were 'flat' when used. No instruction booklet for the room, bedside radio was broken, television was approx' a 12" screen, pointless when in bed unless you had binoculars. Outside night time entrance security door never locked/closed, also returned to room one day and found room unlocked. Room overlooked the car park and beyond (doctor surgery car park) but had no privacy curtaining when opening the main curtains. Outside areas, gardens, fencing, road and pathways were as tatty and unkempt as the interior.

Apart from the price and the location, nothing.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

Hotel was ok shame about hospitality of certain member of staff

Asked for a local restaurant as they had a function on so their restaurant was closed and she advised me I would need to go into Grimsby but luckily another lady came in and advised me of somewhere around the corner, much closer and with a young child and the late time much more acceptable. Upon driving around the next day I found another 2 local pubs which she could have recommended.

Overall this hotel is ok, comfy beds, a bit noisy when they have a private function, just a shame about the woman who checked us in certainly not made to feel welcome...think she would benefit from going on a hospitality course The saving grace was the man and woman who checked us out much more polite and hospitable

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

Quiet & cheap.

Very small room. Reception on t.v. wasn't consistent. Shower was very slippery (no antislip mat or grooves). Mattress was clearly old & could feel dips in it. Carpet had various stains on.

Location. Layout. Quiet.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Friendly staff .
    • Deluxe Double Room

That breakfast wasn't included for the price of a room .location abit to far out from town centre

Friendly staff .comfy bed. Room was nice .food was nice .polite staff .making sure u was ok and could have a conversation with them which is good cause it shows they are easy to talk to. Chef made changes on my meal for me which was good as I can only eat certain food

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

Great Christmas Break
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are comfy and value for money as we got a deal for £45 per night. Don't think at the minute it commands are larger price. Breakfast was adequate and fair for £5.95 but could have been a bit more. Hosts were fantastic and very helpful.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

appalong state of the electrics

As above we were moved due to the state of the electrics which could have killed someone

Staff were very helpful given the shocking state of the electrics. We were moved to 3 different rooms out of a 4 night stay.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Lovely hosts nice hotel in a lovely Village
    • Deluxe Double Room

The rooms are a bit dated and the owner is aware that some work is needed. The bedroom lock is the old fashioned key type and is a bit difficult to open/close. It would be nice to have a variety of teas with a biscuit in the room. The current bog standard tea was a cheap quality which did not impress my husband. Get some PG!

The hosts were welcoming and really helpful. Changed us to ground floor as we had heavy luggage and also helped us carry it!! Nice cosy dining room and lovely cooked breakfast with lots of choice. Bar served nice wine and was nice to sit. Owners have only just taken over this and already have made a difference. Bedroom was large with big bathroom with good shower and bath. Scar tho village is a lovely area. Shop across the road and nice pub 10 minutes walk

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

comfortable and met our needs

remote control did not work so hassle getting out of bed to change channels on tv also always had to ask for more drinks sachets especially when we had jsut arrived that bit disappointing.

Friendly clean and reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Little investment could make it good
    • Deluxe Double Room

Beds uncomfortable, room not cleaned thoroughly. Tired decor, worn out bed and largest bedside lamps ever. Also, no mixer tap in the bathroom, impossible to wash your hands properly.

Friendly staff, warm

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Pleasantly surprised given some of the recent reviews we had read.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel shows all the signs of the neglect it has experienced of late. The carpet in the bedroom could do with cleaning or replacing and the mould in the grouting round the bath and shower needs to be dealt with as it lets down an otherwise spotless bathroom. A couple of bedside lights would make life easier but for the money we paid, £45 per night for a double room, 2 people staying, we had not complaints.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Honest about the difficulties they were encountering, new managers only four days in job. The room was warm with windows that opened. We had a clean, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, tea/coffee making facilities and a larger than average bathroom. The new managers are already making a positive difference.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

Could have been better!

The main window/fire escape was broken. It was in a permanent open way. A member of staff was able to tape up the window. To keep the cold out. He had reported this but on a Sunday evening was not able to get anyone out. We asked for an alternative room but they were fully booked.

Clean and close to M190. Staff are helpful.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

Did not have any food there but reception was very obliging...

a few faults in the room tv remote didn't work, overhead mirror light in bathroom faulty, no bulb in bedside light the housekeeping staff failed to notice my do not disturb sign on the door and entered my room without knocking and I was extremely upset as I was undressed I reported this to the hotel and they apologised but felt they did take into account how upset I was

Did not have any food there but reception was very obliging with providing extra tea bags etc when they ran out

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Perfect

There was nothing I could say that was negative.

Staff were professional and welcoming. I had a wonderfully hot bath and could see the TV too! Slept wonderfully well.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

nice quiet night

remote control didn't work for the television. hot tap was loose on the bathroom sink with the cold tap running hot for a period of time!

room 1 has good access to the free wifi. room was well lit, with good access to tea & coffee

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

I have reduced my original rating because of the...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I have reduced my original rating because of the ridiculously inflated words used by this site to label the numbers. The stay was overall just fine, not "fabulous". Good friendly hotel.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Enjoyed our short stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Spotless throughout, comfortable bed. Great breakfast, cooked just the way we wanted. Bathroom was well lit with a good light above the mirror ( essential for a very short sighted woman to put on her make up! )

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Have stayed there before under different management, the new owners are a great improvement
    • Deluxe Double Room

New owners having just arrived a week ago found some facilities needing attention. Some redecoration will be needed, and more staff to cater for what is hoped to be improvements in the catering and bar facilities.

Very friendly, good accommodation, good location, reasonable pricing. New owners trying to improve facilities etc.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Good value and comfortable hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Good value for money, bedroom comfortable, large bathroom and plenty of hot water. The staff were very helpful throughout - would recommend and definitely use again. Thank you.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Clean, comfortable, friendly
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms need updating making over as they are well worn but I think that is reflected in the price overall they are clean. Free juice with the children’s breakfast would have been good but fair enough if you had tea and coffee then charge.

The breakfast were good for the money! Plenty of it on the large breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Was comfortable enough for what we needed

Room lovely and warm, if anything too warm however window would not open. Fan in bathroom was loud and stayed running for some time after light switched off. Could also hear fans from other rooms, in the quietness of the night. Shower & bathroom need some TLC.

Helpful friendly staff

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Not terrible but not great .. needs a bit of tweaking in some areas
    • Deluxe Double Room

I booked the room for 1 adult and 2 children understanding that there would be a put you up bed The lady at reception told me there was only a double bed and it would be £5 for a camp bed ... when the camp bed arrived the mattress was extremely thin and the bed was very poor condition, so much so that the 6 yr old refused to sleep on it as it was wobbly 3 yr old slept on it however we all woke up every time she moved as it made such a terrible noise I asked to book breakfast and was told no breakfast available as the fridge was broken !!! There was a very small amount of loo roll left in the dispenser ( thank goodness for the part box of tissues on the wall ) On check out there was no body on reception I have the keys to a lady who was to all intents and purposes a visitor to the hotel too ( she was drinking coffee with other people , no name badge , casual clothing , nothing to indicate she was staff ) I did not pay for the camp bed and would not have if I had been asked to

Ground floor room in a quiet part of the hotel

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

We have stayed here many times before and had a good experience however this time was not.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were told on arrive when we asked what time was breakfast that they were not serving breakfast as the kitchens where closed. We reserved a deluxe room, however it was very basic we mismatching furniture, only one bedside light, cobwebs in the bathroom, hairs in the sink and bath, a remote control that was not programmed to the TV also the bedding was grubby and the bottom of the divan was exposed. When we checked out in the morning we waiting for 10 minutes for a member of staff and dispute hunting around the whole of the bottom floor we could not locate one member of staff.

Unfortunately nothing except the location. It was not a good experience, we were advised they are in the middle of new owners taking over and in my opinion should not be trading until they are ready to service customers.