Reviews of Bentley London 5 stars

27-33 Harrington Gardens, Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW7 4JX, United Kingdom

#306 of 977 hotels in London

• Queen Room

We were there for my wife's 60th birthday and the hotel was above and beyond what I/We expected, the rooms were superb, there was a beautiful bathroom and jacuzzi bath (which we did not expect). The breakfast was great and the food superb. It is very hard to find anything that we could criticise!

• Queen Room

The foot stool in the room had a large stain and the fabric covered headboard also looked slightly dirty. Otherwise the room was very clean.. if they are going to decorate with fabrics, they need to have them spotless. These issues were mentioned upon checkout and they promised to address them.

The staff was welcoming and attentive. Superior level of service. The restaurant was not busy but the meal we had was very good..Woukd stay here again..Excellent location for V & A, Natl History Museum and Harrods. Lots of restaurants in area to choose from.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Loved it all, would have liked to have stayed longer

Lovely room with fab bed, extremely helpful and friendly staff, beautiful decor and furnishings, lovely touches in our room, bowl of fruit and chocolate, awesome bathroom with whirlpool bath. Fantastic value for money breakfast in beautiful surroundings with really attentive staff.

• Queen Room

The sheets didn’t smell fresh. The place is lovely but not much life in it. Which is a shame. You could do with a caring woman front of house to make it more inviting. Some music in the back ground, put a small bar in reception to sell coffee and alcohol. Maybe cocktails? Also offer a small bar menu. This would make it a place to stay for a drink, instead of always finding a place to go. Please bring some life into this hotel! It’s such a lovely place.

Bathroom had everything I wanted separate bath to shower. Lovely big comfy bed. Fruit in room and sky tv.

• Queen Room

We saw no proof of a restaurant which, assume there was, & the inclusion of breakfast would have tempting. One cannot fathom that whilst prices have rocketed in London & the ever- included - breakfast-included- in-the price has disappeared. Would it be better to have full rooms at a very discounted price to entice the visitor to return again & again than to have empty rooms,as was very evident on this visit. There are so many hotels in London whose prices hace risen so much that it would be cheeper to fly to Paris & stay in total luxury.

The ambeince was flawless, the warmth (on a cold day ) par excellent, & the bathroom exceptional

• Queen Room

Hard to say but here was something that wasn't homely like hotels such as The Milestone. Rooms ready for an update. Would stay again though.

The staff were really helpful and lovely, we put a note saying it was the first night alone since our baby was born and they put a bottle of Prosecco in the room for free :) Whirlpool bath was a nice touch. Great breakfast.

• Queen Room

The room they gave me had dirty sheets on the bed. They din't change the sheets from previous guest.🤢 That was a horrible thing for me.

I staff was very friendly

• Deluxe Twin Room

Really comfy bed best nights sleep in a long while,staff friendly and attentive but not over the top,will stay at the Bentley next time we visit London.

• Queen Room

Boaring breakfast, not many options. Pillows felt like a huge concrete block, not many options there either. Some of the furniture is very nice, some of it is really cheap, faux, badly gilded, something you would find in a nouveau-rich suburban mall.

The bathroom is very well equipped. Great attention to detail.

• Queen Room

Slight wait for room to be ready even though arrived after earliest stated check in time. A very minor complaint.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Quiet and comfortable room. Excellent breakfast.

The window didnt fully open.

The hotel manager upgraded our room, there was complete privacy in our room and it was very spacious and comfortable. Applicances were a little dated but that doesnt matter. We checked in at 12am and checked out at 1:30pm, there was no bickering by the staff to get us to check out by a certain staff. We went out on our first day to explore london and when we came back our room was really clean and tidy, our belongings were exactly were we left them. Overall it was a very good hotel to stay in.

• Queen Room

Nobody read comments that I made on booking . As a result we had feather pillows while we asked for synthetic due to severe allergy to feather . At the hotel we were waiting for 2 hours while personnel tried to find another pillows but with no luck. My husband took a strong medicine because blanket was with feather too. As a excuse they made so small discount that i think it is ridiculous (breakfast for free), and nobody except reception say sorry for that.

We had a complementary upgrade as it was our wedding night and we had a wonderful stay- a very special and relaxing treat! The bed was super comfy and the room service breakfast was delicious.

Staff was rather rude to me when I wanted to check out they called before 12 and asked me to get out of the room. Won’t stay there again despite the hotel being nice.

I was given a phone with gps to use during my stay.

Overall there was nothing to dislike. We would stay again. Very convenient for tube station.

Ambience of the room and well furnished. The colours chosen were very relaxing.

• Deluxe Twin Room

There was nothing that we didn't like.

Quality of room. Excellent Cocktail bar. Afternoon cream tea and champagne very good value for money. The hotel was very well maintained. Staff very friendly and the location couldn't have been better 5 mins walk to nearest tube station.

The hotel was a bit too quiet at that time, and therefore a bit soulless. There was nobody at the bar, the restaurant was almost empty... etc. Staff could have been a bit more attentive and courteous.

Beautifully decorated room, which was also very quiet. Great looking public areas.

• Queen Room

Room service food was awful, no place in bathroom to plug in a curling iron, no place in room to use curling iron with a mirror (no plugs near mirrors).

Bathroom was spacious, bed was comfortable, staff were extremely helpful, area around hotel felt safe, easy access to underground station.

I had advised the hotel that it was my 40th birthday and we had the most amazing room and there was a cake delivered to the room which was so thoughtful. The room was beautiful clean and very big. The breakfast was superb and Indre who served us was so welcoming and her customer service skills were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for her. The hotel made my 40th birthday very special !! Thank you so much.

• Queen Room

We enjoyed our stay and there is nothing negative to say.

T he room was lovely. We had the Queen Suite and it was really spacious. The bathroom was fantastic with a whirlpool spa bath which was a luxury. The breakfast was delicious with lots to choose from and the cooked breakfast was not at all greasy. Perfectly cooked eggs to order.

• Queen Room

We had lunch but it was not good such a shame as everything else was lovely. We had to send the fish back as it was over cooked & full of grease & we have never been served French fries with fish & chips . We had to wait just over one hour aswell . They took it off the bill & the staff apologised but I'm afraid the chef wasn't good .

The staff we all lovely & helpful.

• Deluxe Twin Room

First impressions is grand opulence! On entering the hotel you find beautiful marble floors, gold gilted and nicely upholstered furniture and an abundance of chandeliers. The place really is sparkling clean and I’m a stickler for details and none were over looked. It has a lovely marble winding staircase and plenty of seating in the foyer. From the moment the taxi pulled up outside the door man assisted me inside with my case and introduced me to duty manager (Omar) who proceeded to check me in. Both gentleman were attentive and extremely professional. They made check-in effortless. I arrived at 10am; so I genuinely didn’t expect to access my room until 2pm but they gave me an early check-in plus upgraded us to the utterly spectacular Harrington suite. (ROOM 406) Fit for queen. The only words to describe this suite is palatial. The bathroom is double sided with a whirlpool bath, dining area seating 8. Luxurious living room. I’ve stayed in a £2500 suite at The Savoy last month which was smaller and lower standard in comparison to this. They delivered macaroons and fruit to the room which was a lovely special touch. The bed is so comfortable. Good quality high thread count cotton linen and awesome plumped feather and down pillows. We ate evening meal in the restaurant and it was delicious. The waiting staff couldn't be more helpful if they tried. The restaurant was really quaint - old world charm. Breakfast had a lovely selection and eggs and toast were freshly cooked to order. Only points of improvement... 1. colour of the yolkes indicated cheap eggs... (I keep poultry and know my eggs, so more fussy than average) 2. clean outside of Windows.. . But this seems to be a recurring point I notice in most London hotels. I highly recommend this hotel - the suite is worth the money and I think better than The Savoy.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Travelled with mama. When we check in, the concierge specially take another chair for my mama. Thanks very much. All the concierges are very friendly. The position is perfect. The bathroom is very good.

• Queen Room

After booking in advance for two months through booking .com ,the reception was cold.because it was discounted,the hotel dont care about the guest.i guess I wont be booking through booking.com again.the reaction is the same in all the hotels booked through booking.com.the exception was novotel den hague netherlands that allowed me in to my room as soon I arrived even though it was early morning.novotel den hague rocks because the hotel showed their human side. Everything must not be about money everytime.

Did not eat there

I don't really think there was anything. Parking would have been good.. also just one thing on the massage,when they lay you on your back to do the massage they could cover uour eyes with an eye mask or something similar. Bit bor relaxing and little less embarrassing. Other than that nothing. Everything was perfect.

Our room was amazing as they upgraded us to a junior suite. The food was amazing too. Enjoyed using the spa bath. 12 checkout was very helpful to. We had a massage too. Cannit fault the place and would really love to return. Donna

We stayed for our wedding night as our evening reception was in London and the room was beautiful and so comfortable. The Bentley made it extra special by kindly upgrading us to a suite which was a lovely surprise! They also arranged for an extra full length mirror so I could get ready.

• Queen Room

As London hotels go, this must be one of the best. However, the selection of drinks on offer in the pleasant underground bar are limited; apart from that it is difficult to find fault.

There is a nearby tube station (Gloucester Road) with direct lines to Heath Row and to the centre of London. The rooms are quite luxurious and this area of London is very attractive. The hotel does not have many rooms but this is no drawback. We will stay there again no doubt.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Ashburn Suite

The service was a bit lacking. I stayed recently at The Mandarin and The Berkeley and the service was much more attentive and felt better. Also the suite cost over £800 for one night and that didn't include a breakfast which was another £45 on top which wasn't very customer focused.

I liked the room it was furnished with beautiful antiques

cleanness + old furniture + no smiling from most of its staff + very bad TV + Flowing of water in chair of bathroom is very weak + non lovely smell

nothing as 5 stars hotel

I find the cleaners come tidy the room a little later than i like, sometimes by 4pm the room still isn't done (I own a hotel and typically guests go out in the mornings and come back in the afternoon before preparing for the evening activities). thats the only thing! and it only happened twice.

the rooms and bathrooms are spacious, and beautiful. nice big window. FANTASTIC service. friendly staff. VERY close to Gloucester Rd Station and even walking distance from museums, plenty of restaurants and harrods/shopping areas, hyde park. i extended my stay here TWICE. i booked direct though because i was already here and they gave me the best rate!

• Queen Room

Nothing much but the dining room could do with a little refurbishing.

The staff were very welcoming & helpful. We had an upgrade to a junior suite which was luxurious & peaceful. The location was very quiet but close enough to the tube station & access to attractions.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Wonderful service, kind and attentive. Beautiful room and even more beautiful bathroom. The perfect place for a staycation if you're a local! Room service breakfast was nothing less than a dream!

Liked everything.

The staff were incredibly attentive, the suite we were upgraded to was beautifully furnished with a good range of toiletries in the bathroom. The jacuzzi was a real treat along with the huge, comfortable bed.

Room smelled of cigar on the first day though the smell did disappear on subsequent days.

Best hotel I have stayed in London so far. Luxurious bathroom with tripple color marble and gold faucet. Short walking distance from tube and supermarket

Afternoon Tea was immaculate. Hotel room was superberb and from walking in at check-in to checking out was excellent. Warm welcome for both. Will come back later this year, that's a promise!

• Queen Room

Everything was excellent and got a free upgrade all staff were excellent from Omar on receptions to the barman Duhan and all the restaurants staff a credit to the hotel

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Queen Room

For me as I can't walk very far it was a little bit too far out. It was walking distance to The Royal Albert Hall for my husband but as I couldn't walk that far we had to get a taxi

Breakfast was really good. I liked the fact that they made your eggs to order. The bedroom was comfortable and we had a bath with a separate shower which was brilliant for me as I am disabled.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Queen Room

I had a spa. The massage was lovely. I was dis appointed that the mit they gave me to wash with had a hole in it, and appeared worn out. I could see all the damp along the skirting whilst I was having the massage. The TV in the bed room was less then basic. The information led me to believe that SKY was included. There was not even FREEVIEW. The picture quality of the TV was terrible

I had a spa. The massage was lovely. The staff were very helpful and polite. The breakfast was very good and comfortable. The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

We were put into a smoking room that smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke. I requested to be moved into a non-smoking room. Apparently there were no free non-smoking rooms and I was offered a can of air freshener instead (very professional). A quick check on booking.com and the hotel website told a different story; ample free rooms. I then spoke to a different manager, who after a few minutes of searching, upgraded us to a bigger suite. The initial room we stayed in needed a lot of work and was shoddy to say the least. Damp patches, loose cable fixtures, dirty carpets. For a junior suite in a supposedly 5 star hotel I would expect more. In saying that, there were a few good things. Location of the hotel is very food. Breakfast was good. Maybe I just got unlucky but after doing some more research and reading a lot of reviews, I am not the first person to have had this massively disappointing experience. A few words of advice for the hotel. Please inform your potential customers when they are making the booking whether the room they have chosen is smoking permitted or not. Do not offer the guest a can of air freshener as a solution to the problem. Under no circumstances should you lie to the guest about the availability of rooms (or lack thereof) in the hotel. Kindest regards, Patrick

Location. Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

The cooked breakfast served in the room was old, cold and unappetising. (Cold plates and covers). The manager's response was to tell me he would have a word with the chef. It still cost me £54 for two people! The last night in the hotel an annual service check was carried out on the water system. No water (a bottle of water was left for drinks in the room) in the bathroom from 10.30pm to 3am. The noise of the water running through the system went on from 10.40pm to 1.30am. It prevented sleep, reading and was continuous and disturbing for almost 3 hours. We were notified of the annual check by a letter left in the room which we saw when we returned at 8pm. When I checked out of the hotel the following day and spoke to the manager about it I was told it had to be checked annually and he would put me complaint on 'my hotel profile'. I asked why, if this was the case guests were not told when booking. He did not have an answer. Very unsatisfactory.

The room was very comfortable and the area excellent for museums.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Queen Room

didn't find out how expensive wi-fi was until after making the booking, satellite tv listed but didn't even get most freeview channels - some channels didn't work, could not access any movies or use hdmi cable to connect laptop (did not work), most electric sockets in the room did not work, radio did not work, etc.

staff were very friendly and helpful, bathroom was amazing - the spa was even more amazing! the rooms and decor were beautiful and a great size, housekeeping service twice a day was nice. it was a very luxurious experience except for the in room entertainment, I would stay here again!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Queen Room

The hotel cancelled our booking the day before. Ignored emails. The rooms Were not ready for 45 mins. The room carpets were disgustingly filthy. Fridge didn't work. Someone tried to enter our room

Nothing!!! The free glass of champagne perhaps

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Queen Room

Very beautiful room and the bathroom was incredible. This was a special get away trip for us and we loved the hotel, the staff in the peridot breakfast room were so polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We loved our trip so much that we have booked to come again next year when we attend a show at the royal Albert hall. It's only a few minutes walk away from the natural history museum which is my favourite thing to visit in London which was a bonus for me too.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

My colleague was attacked by a female staying at the hotel but obviously either very drunk or using drugs. The hotel staff did nothing after being told.

Full English was great

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Everything was old, carpets were stained, they tried to cover the red stain with a towel in the middle of the room!! Gaps in the sealing were covered by tissue!! TV had poor signal...

The interior of the building

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Bathroom extras , shower cap, etc missing ( empty boxes) , buffet breakfast on first day had no product available to eat and by the time fresh was cooked we missed our first meeting. On second day breakfast was served cold which was a shame as it was well cooked Staff told us we were in the car congestion charge area and we wasted 20 minutes trying to pay for the charge to then be told by another staff member we were not in the charge area. Staffs accents were hard to understand and some staff spoke no English at all. We drank some cocktails , they were very poor , some of the common areas of the hotel, bar and chairs in Resturant are very tired

Room very comfy , quiet and great decor and smashing bed

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Dressing gown was like concrete and towels very scratchy and hard. Could benefit from better TV package as very few channels and no ITV

Upgraded to suite which we liked. Room was nice and big loved the bath , room service food was good and arrived quickly

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Mattress has depression There'e was virtually no internet connectivity, which makes one seriously wonder. It may be a reasonable policy to get guests to buy internet time but slow connectivity at least is an expectation every guest has.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Queen Room

Everything. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and welcoming. They gave us all the options for parking which was helpful. Check inn was easy and quick. We were upgraded to a suite which was a lovely surprise. Afternoon tea was delicious and so was the breakfast. Lots of variety. The room was clean. We really can not fault them on anything. Check out was ok.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Queen Room

The room was a bit dusty and staff play from afar, that means there is no one to ask if you need help. Compared to other 5* hotels I've been to. The standard was a bit low.

It was very nice and quiet, way out of the noise. Very relaxed. Very convenient location, easy access and nice eatery around.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Queen Room

Terrible pastries and bread at breakfast - croissants were dry and old, toast was barely toasted. Not a five * breakfast at all. Eggs cooked well but hash brown clearly from frozen. Room felt a little cold and fusty - bedding didn't smell crisp and clean although it did look clean. That said, the bed was very comfy and duvet soft. Lack of facilities expected for five star hotel - no pool or sauna and you had to pay extra for hammam. They had recently painted the bathroom or grouted it and it hadn't been done very well - white paint had gotten all over the marble - looked rough and rushed. The hotel was just a bit tired despite what I'm sure would have been very grand furnishings in their day. Needs some love and care to really hit the 5 star mark (doorman, fresher, lighter, warmer rooms and much, much better food).

Beautiful lobby, friendly staff. So sweet of them to upgrade us for our anniversary and they left a cheesecake - really kind and special of them. Very friendly check in and out service.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Queen Room

Room service menu is somewhat limited and quite costly. The excellent bar has a poor selection of beers and Scotch whiskies; this should be simple to fix. The cost of drinks in the bar is higher than usual for hotels in this range.

Rooms are stylish and spacious and the bathrooms are superb. The reception area is pleasant and staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Extremely bad service in the last few trips. Massive staff turnover, poor in room service, very poor staff/ staff training. A/C not working prop, wrong times on clock, welcome letter in room addressed to wrong client, no service at lobby, coffee/ mini bar never topped up, missing coffee cup, struggle to get attention of any staff - Really disappointed.

This place is going downhill and fast - Have stayed here 12 + times over the past 3 years and besides the room and bathroom size & furnishings which are very good but otherwise worse than a 4 star hotel in every other way.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The AC was not working well and the room was very humid. I was locked out of my room by the 3rd night by the night shift manager Mohin at 12 AM and he coldly responded by telling me I did not cover the required papers at check in.very improfessionally done as it could have been communicated in a message or letter.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Everything was really good.The bathroom really nice.Bed very comfortable. Room service And afternoon tea were perfect. Great location. And professional service. 10/10

• Queen Room

It had a "Faulty Towers" quality...Initially the fridge and kettle didn't work....we wanted to make a cup off tea. We found the problem to be the power point, which had burnt out, We had to look under the fridge...and there was a whole lot of rubbish swept under there....bottle tops, etc. Very off putting! We called reception, reported all of that, and they responded quickly enough, but missed the point each time, sending a new kettle, new glasses (!) and finally, a repair man. The cleanliness issue was never addressed. Once we experience an issue with cleanliness, I'm afraid it tarnishes the whole experience of the hotel, and we experienced the stay as 'doing time' rather than enjoying the hotel. The decor was ornate, but again, a closer look and the windows were filthy, (and broken) the gold and black marble spa bath was held together by loose panels of board, the chair was wobbly, and worn through to the stuffing.... lastly, the breakfast was hugely expensive, £22 ( we took the opportunity to enjoy breakfast elsewhere at a fraction of the price) .All up, we couldn't recommend this hotel...and I think it is the symptom of a bigger problem, which is that London hotels get away with it... not OK.

The location is excellent

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Staff rude, room pretty dirty, jacuzzi didn't work, no tooth brush. Breakfast too much expencive. Even if we complained about the jacuzzi they didn't give us any discount neather breackfast for free.

The position

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

I can't think of anything i didn't like everything was perfect, would love to visit again

The stuff are very friendly & welling to help you with eveeything you need, spiciouse rooms with classic furniture, full marble toilets, & comfy beds

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Just nothing

I asked the staff to do something special for my special occasion, and they surprised me. All that was for free. They didn't ask for any charge.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Nothing was lacking!

The room was gorgeous (we were upgraded to a suite!) 4 minute walk to Gloucester Station and all kinds of amenities in the area! Staff were exceptionally nice and very helpful! Would highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

No complimentary tea/ coffee. It was charged at £4.50 per single teabag/ sachet of nescafe in July 2016. No HD television, extra charges apply for channels No free Wifi Needs much Maintance Some rooms are heavy smoking rooms.

comfortable beds, decorated nicely, good location

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The gym is tiny with very few equipment. The breakfast spread is a bit thin for this quality of hotel

This is a gem of a hotel with excellent location... Right next to Gloucester road and quick access to South Ken.... The room was very spacious .... Especially by London standards ....

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

Pompous staff far too expensive but i just think that the standard of hotels in london just do not come close to ours in australia so i suppose we are very spoilt

Central location comfy bed large room good shower and spa

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Queen Room

the check of the first room, as housekeeping should have spotted the problem with the water on the carpet.

The hotel provided us with an upgrade to a suite as it was my husband's birthday and as the room we were allocated first had wet patches on the floor.

Breakfast was not 5 star

Staff were very nice

• Deluxe Twin Room

Perfect location and the room was large and fantastic!

chocolate peanuts £6.50 !!!!

high quality bed

• Queen Room

Very friendly staff, excellent service

Luxury

• Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast room and bar are not really good looking

Excellent staff. Very attentive. Comfortable room. Excellent food. Very clean hotel.

Decor was dated

Great welcome

The breakfast

Great lobby, big rooms, perfect furnishings and excellent staff !

Nothing not to like - A gem of a property in a great location.

Got a free upgrade to a suite! Amazing room, and very good value for money

Browse Bentley London traveller photo gallery