Reviews of Best Western Chiswick Palace & Suites London 3 stars

73 Chiswick High Road, Chiswick, London, W4 2LS, United Kingdom

#373 of 977 hotels in London

Bed is not comfortable.

Bed is not comfortable. Pillow and matric make my neck hurt. I can't sleep 3 night in that room 508. But I had been stay there few time before. It was good in another room with same price 147Pound per night.

Amazing

The room is small but, it’s really comfy and has air-con, it is amazing for a little weekend away and it is mega clean. Well suited for a couple who’re away for a while.

The staff were all very nice and helpful.

Room 2, where we stayed, should not exist! It’s situated before the lobby and therefore you hear everything, litterally everything!! You can hear everything: two breakfast hostesses talking, each quest that come in, each car that pass by. It’s quite expensive when you consider the fact that sleep/a good nights rest is nearly impossible at this room.

The staff were all very nice and helpful. It’s a great location, nice neighbourhood and clean accommodations. We had problem with the window closing which they resolved day after.

Great service from start to finish.
    • Executive Studio with Bathroom and Kitchen

Great service from start to finish. The room we were in had just been refurbished, it was spotless and the beds were very comfy! Location is perfect, lots of bars, restaurants and shops nearby. Will definitely be returning.

Relaxed and just what we had expected

the first room i was taken to was in a windowless basement. Extremely claustrophobic. I couldn't even walk into the room. immediately returned to reception who understood and moved me to a bright airy first class room. Worth knowing when you make a booking.

location to many restaurants/pubs, staff very kind, bed firm and comfy. Duvet far too heavy so requested a simple cotton sheet that was immediately placed on my bed.

Very comfortable

The breakfast

We reserved the studio suite which was very spacious with comfortable king sized beds. Our 2 teenagers were travelling with us. The location in Chiswick is really wonderful. It’s a short walk to the tube and there are excellent restaurants and shops all up and down the street. It was a bit spendy at $400 a night but compared to other London hotels this one was pretty good for room and bathroom size. We would definitely stay here again

Good value for the money.

Very compact small room. Needed to be extra slim to use the bathroom. Sloping ceiling was a problem ok for one night but any longer and we would have asked to be moved.

Newly refurbished, very smart. Central location in Chiswick.

A much needed fan provided in room in addition to air con.

On checking out I asked to settle the bill as stated in booking . com info but was told the system was down and they could not do it. Booking . com does say they wont use your credit card details but they did. I would have preferred he staff at check out to have explained this would be the case due to their IT failure.

A much needed fan provided in room in addition to air con. Staff friendly and helpful on check in even though we were much later than expected due to train delay. Have stayed here before when going to Wimbledon. Ideal location.

Arrived late, received a warm welcome, stayed in a very comfortable room. Staff lovely.

Passing through London for 1 night only. No complaints at all.

Lovely hotel in a great neighborhood. Very comfortable room and bathroom with shower spotless. Very happy customer.

Good hotel with breakfast with great location.

One of our rooms smelled a bit like smoke.

The location is great. A wide variety of restaurants and shops in walking distance. 7 minutes to the subway and also relatively close to Heathrow.

Excellent buffet breakfast as well as tea/coffee...

Odd layout in en-suite shower room

Excellent buffet breakfast as well as tea/coffee available in rooms and reception. Efficient air conditioning. Friendly staff.

Great air conditioning, a godsend when you end up staying on the hottest day of the year in London.

Small room, but have stayed in much smaller in London. Clean, modern, great air conditioning. Very friendly receptionist, even though we arrived very late. Decent towels, decent toiletries. For a hotel in London, really excellent value. I stayed in a hotel paid for by work the night before, nearly twice the price - I preferred this one!

Was totally expecting an average experience - to our surprise it was sensational!!!

Couldn't fault it

A great place to base yourself to visit London - restaurants, pubs, shops, public transport and very close to Heathrow - would definitely come back!!

Second time not so lucky

It's our second visit to this hotel because we loved it so much the first time. This stay however was more expensive, probably due to it being peak season, and the room we got was tiny! You couldn't even access both sides of the bed!! We asked the reception what they could do for us and they moved us the next day to a slightly larger room but the room was still tiny, we could access both sides of the bed, but it wasn't spacious! I'm unsure if we'll go back again.

The staff as always were great, Soren the deputy manager is a legend! The decor of the place is how we would do it house if it was large enough ha ha! Car parking was only £12 for 2 days.

Great location- the beds were very comfy and the rooms very...

Great location- the beds were very comfy and the rooms very modern and luxurious. Breakfast was fab and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I was able to reserve a car parking space as well for our stay which was so convenient. Definitely recommend staying here.

It was exactly what I wante, I couldnt fault anything
    • Family Room with Bathroom

nothing. it fitted everything I wanted

Location ,amenities ,friendliness and helpfulness of the staff also the car park was a very big bonus for me. The suite was ideal for wat we wanted and would be great for a family

Enjoyable stay!

Def one of the better 3 star hotels you can get. Very clean rooms...friendly helpful staff and a good location.!! Great pubs in the area and if you into running , a lovely path along the Thames river!

Very noisy room.

Room was located between entrance and reception with windows on the street. Room doors were not isolating noise at all, I could hear everyone walking in and out. Windows were poorly isolating noise from the street.

Bed was comfortable.

Nice place but something needs to be done about the creaky floors.

The building we stayed in is an old converted house with creaky floors. Over the 3 days we were there, people in the room above us both came back late at night, and left very early in the morning. The creaking of the floors above woke me up, so I didn't get very good rest while staying there.

It's a nice city property with a nice outdoor patio area.

I've stayed here a few times and always found it to be a...

I personally prefer my mattress firmer, but it's a hotel, after all.

I've stayed here a few times and always found it to be a comfortable, no frills hotel. Don't know about the quality of the breakfast, there are just too many options for breakfast (and lunch and dinner) in the direct vicinity of the hotel. My contacts with any member of staff have always been professional and friendly.

Location on High street was very handy to shops and dining...

Aircon was struggling during the heatwave

Location on High street was very handy to shops and dining options. Breakfast was excellent at the Hotel. Issues raised were addressed.

Awful experience! Stay in other hotels if you can.

My room was in the basement, really like a cellar or cave ,very stuffy and noizy from the car road just next to the building - nothing to breath inside. Very small bed in length with bed linen smelling like fried onions. Awful experience.

Renovated facility in not bad location , close to subway stations of the direct lines to center.

Clean and smart place.

Rather noisy at night; we were in a room on the street level and we're awaken at 3am by shouting which seemed to begin somewhere within the hotel and then moved out onto the street... A couple of cars stopped at the traffic lights immediately outside, with sub-woofers blaring also woke us up. These are issues which were certainly not the fault of the hotel, however - but linked to the location.

Clean and smart place. Staff were very helpful.

Beautiful reception and wall decorations, friendly stuff,...

I received an underground room, however the hotel stuff agreed to change it for me. Weird lift to the ground level, however 2 sets of sters without lift to the second floor.

Beautiful reception and wall decorations, friendly stuff, comfortable bathroom and room (i.e. easy to drink tea and dry hair in front of the mirror).

Best western has now got affiliated VERY GOOD ones on list.

Location convenient to get to places,masses of eateries but don't try coming between 5pm-7pm as traffic queuing all that time. I had a single room which was compact but at a high end condition..All fresh,clean and hall decor inspired me to look for places.

Chiswick is a lovely suburb near Kew Gardens.

We paid for a bigger room and bed and we got both but the cost to us was only one bedside table and the bed linen was too small for the bed.

Chiswick is a lovely suburb near Kew Gardens. Nice clean room and pleasant staff.

Good stay

Good bed, comfortable room, located in a nice area, nice breakfast places around. We had a room at the back so it was very quiet! We stayed there one night and it was perfect.

I was treated very poorly at the reception upon arrival as...

I was treated very poorly at the reception upon arrival as the hotel was not able to preauthorize the card before my arrival due to technical issues. I was in contact with the property beforehand and confirmed my stay. Upon arrival I was treated almost like a thief and asked to pay at the check in to ‘secure the payment’. I was treated better im much cheaper places. Worth adding is the fact that the receptionists checking us in was the same nationality as me but insisted on speaking in english -very welcoming. As an additional surprise we were given a room that was basically in the basement with a small window below the ground - how’s that for 4 stars?

Surprisingly good

Some people may be bothered by traffic noise if facing the road: it didn't bother me. Wifi almost non-existent. Breakfast spread could be better.

Comfortable and newly appointed room. Very short walk to the excellent shops and restaurants on Chiswick High Road. Turnham Green tube station about 10 mins walk. Parking space a bonus with a cone with my name on to reserve it for the two days I was there.

Very clean room, friendly and very helpful staff, good...

Room was smaller than expected and it was located on the basement floor with only a tiny window overlooking the stairs.

Very clean room, friendly and very helpful staff, good breakfast, convenient location close to the tube and bus stations. Plenty of retaurants around - good selection as well (e.g. Greek, Vietnamese, etc.) - and shops.

Small but very new hotel room on second floor with window...

Small but very new hotel room on second floor with window looking out over the neighborhood. Friendly staff at check-in. Great location in Chiswick surrounded by various restaurants, cafes and in walking distance of metro station. Great value for money!

The location excellent for visiting Chiswick and good value...

Parking was more limited than expected. No ironing facility in room, or in hotel?

The location excellent for visiting Chiswick and good value for money. Ground floor, front room less noisy than expected for a Saturday overnight.

Overall the stay was very pleasant and the room was very clean, an added bonus.

There was quite a lot of noise from other guests quite late at night. Quite audible as the walls are thin and footsteps can be heard.

The hotel room was very clean with very adequate finishings and linnen.

This was a great place to stay!

Nothing bad here!

This was a great place to stay! Lovely and clean. Gorgeous reception area! Felt like we were a be spoilt for the money. It was great value! Perfect location and nothing negative to say! We will definitely be back!!

Extremely well positioned in a very charming neighborhood
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Rooms a tad small, pictures on the web only show the family suite not the other family rooms. We originally were put in the basement room (very little light) but were promptly switched to 1st floor when asked.

Extremely well positioned in a very charming neighborhood

I warn you before booking this hotel.

The irresponsibillity, unpleasant treatment. Things were removed from the room and midnight I was informed that there was no room. Hotel Best Bestern Chiswick Palace are not trustworthy.

We liked it very much and would be happy to return .

Eveyrthing was great apart from the size of the room , but once you got use to it , it was fine . Had to figure out how to use the lift down to the basement but soon got the hang of that .

Staff , parking , cleanliness , very comfy room , Loved most things about it .

Chiswick Best Western is very comfortable hotel in a quiet neighborhood.

I enjoyed the very comfortable room and the very good breakfast and friendly staff. It's an easy walk to the Tube an convenient to Heathrow. I noticed ample parking for motorists.

Convenient for links into London and the area is just...

Despite the room being great we were placed in the basement which I was not keen about however I’m sure if I had said the staff would have changed but my husband had already checked in several hours before me.

Convenient for links into London and the area is just lovely- plenty of places to eat or just sit and have a coffee and watch the world go by. The hotel itself has friendly staff- the email I sent was replied to almost immediately and the decor and room great.

One of the best places to stay in London / Chiswick

Not a single thing... this time ;)

My nth time here... one of the best places in London / Chiswick area IMVHO. Friendly staff, great rooms, working WiFi. 15 minutes by Bus to Westfield and Shepherd's Bush station but there is also a District line.

Amazing location if you're driving from the M4 (which we...

Amazing location if you're driving from the M4 (which we were), plus parking, practically unheard of in London! The room was perfectly comfortable and clean too.

Best Western Chiswick

Great location with good Tube links and multiple bus routes. Parking on site (for a small charge). Brilliant staff. Chiswick has a vast array of restaurants and good pubs. Will be staying here many more times in the future.

The hotel is in a great location and good value for money.

Bigger room, better mattress.

The hotel is in a great location and good value for money. The reception area is lovely and there was a good breakfast selection. The first room we were given had really high small windows which made me feel claustrophobic so we requested to move. The next room we were given was on the 2nd floor, really small but nicely decorated. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Hell with no sleep.

This was a last minute booking and I checked in after midnight. I asked for a quiet room. What I was given was the nosiest room near the main road. The room was accessed from the outside and involved navigating a slope and stairs down to the ground floor . There was no lighting to assist navigation. The room was hot and noisy from moment one. Pipes or air-conditioning and then road works. Not to be repeated. This was reported to the front desk in the morning. With an anticipated call back in the morning from the General Manager. To date I have not heard back from them .

A very pleasant stay!

The lady in black who cleared away the breakfast tables, could do with learning to smile even if she hated her job! Having just come back from Portugal I couldnt forget the wonderful warmth shown there, and of course make comparisons......,,,

Great location, near good restaurants, bright and airy building, well kitted out bedroom, sunny breakfast room, good public transport links, staff attentive and pleasant.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Best Western.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Best Western. The desk staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. Our beds were very comfortable and the room was modern and functional. We had a lovely breakfast one morning that was priced fairly and included a great variety. There were drinks and snacks available for sale at the counter which we found very convenient. After staying lots of places in the heart of large cities over the past 5 months, it was nice to stay in a suburb of the city. Chiswick is a lovely community.

Saturday night in Chiswick.
    • Family Room with Bathroom

False fire alarm in the late evening. Small car parking

Spacious, clean and modern room. Good amount of space for family. Breakfast was good and just the right type of good selection- English breakfast and continental breakfast.

Very much met the Standard
    • Executive Studio with Bathroom and Kitchen

Extremely comfortable bed. Modern and good quality clean bedroom. Every part of the facilities comes with excellent quality. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Will be even more enjoyable for a 2-3 nights of stay

Looking forward to our next trip to London and especially this hotel, Well done to all.

n/a

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and can't wait to go back. A great location on the Chiswick High Road, wonderful friendly staff and everything was very clean, and what a bonus to be able to park the car for the weekend.

A nice place in Chiswick

A bit far from the center, on the border of zone 2/3.

Really good value for money. The hotel staff was nice and helpful. Reallly enjoyed the small biscuits in my room. Nice touch, thanks.

We booked this hotel as we wanted a reasonably priced hotel...

Not the hotel's fault at all, but the tube to Richmond (for Kew Gardens) wasn't operating on the morning we left - so ended up getting the bus instead.

We booked this hotel as we wanted a reasonably priced hotel with good links to central London and also for Kew Gardens. We were upgraded to a family room from a double, so the room was very spacious. Breakfast was good and reasonably priced (7.50). The hotel is about 5 mins from Turnham Green on the District Line, although if you are in central London late (as we were) the Piccadilly Line also stops there after 10.30 pm. Hotel appears to have a reasonable car park although we didn't use it. Staff were very friendly and efficient.

I'm a frequent at BW Chiswick, all is good at this...

Basement room poor phone network.

I'm a frequent at BW Chiswick, all is good at this property except their basement rooms, and somehow I always get that :) - the major issue in basement rooms is there is no phone network, rest is ok.

Well priced with excellent rooms

Not a great deal of parking

No air conditioning working and moved our room upgraded straight away to a much larger room. Decor very good around hotel ... Real surprise of the quality of hotel

Good hote, good value, good location.

For the price paid I have no complaints or issues with the hotel.

The room was clean on arrival and the standard maintained for my 5 day stay. The bathroom was very modern and had a great shower. The location was great, I was working near Hammersmith bridge and it was a pleasant 25 minute walk with the area feeling safe during both the morning and evening. Spoilt for choice with good restaurants bars and shops within easy walking distance. Will use this hotel again in June.

It's always a pleasure to stay at the Chiswick Palace.

Hair dryer didn't work.

A very welcoming, efficiently run hotel. Rooms are light, airy and cool with pleasant views over gardens. The room and bathroom were spotless, as always and the shower is terrific. Always a relaxing break with friendly, professional staff.

Value for money, clean, comfortable in the heart of Chiswick

I didn’t réalisé my room would be in the next block of the hotel so I had to go outside to access my room. When I arrived to the building there was no lift and the reception guy was overly motivated to help me carry my bag upstairs. I think it should be made clear when Booking that some rooms are in another building. As a woman travelling alone it did concern me to be put in a separate building which contained about 5 rooms. There wasn’t any products in the bathroom such as cotton wipes, cotton buds, shower cap etc things like this are always handy!

It was very good value for money There’s some nice outside space to enjoy in good weather It’s a few minutes walk to a tube It has a nice area for breakfast and free tea/coffee Room was big and clean It’s a nice hotel in general The guy on reception the next day when I was checking out on Friday ( from New Zealand I think ?) was fantastic. One of the most friendly hotel staff I have ever interacted with . He was happy, he was efficient and very nice to everyone. He actually made me think that there should be more people like him in the world as he just has a good energy about him which makes guests feel good.

Good value for money.

Good value for money. Comfortable rooms very friendly helpful staff. Good quiet location. Short walk to 2 underground stations. It is a 25 to 30 minute underground ride to downtown London. Bus stops are right across the street. There is a good selection of restaurants and pubs in walking distance.

Happy days in "beautiful old Chiswick"

This is a very friendly hotel in Chiswick. Facilities are excellent. I was however in a downstairs room which I do not particularly like but this was a last minute booking. Downstairs does shield one from the traffic noise. On a previous visit we were upstairs at the front and the traffic noise was considerable. So, in future I would like an upstairs room at the rear of the hotel.

Loved this hotel, will definitely return!

Cannot complain about anything

Rooms were spotless, as was the whole hotel - staff were seriously the friendliest that I have come across and went above and beyond customer service experience.

Frustrated and insulted

Management incorrectly charged us for breakfast for 2 people. Although we did not have breakfast, staff on site were adamant that we did and charged our credit card without permission. Also want to mention they dont have a process to get a signature etc. For when someone wants to charge to the room. They said they would investigate by reviewing camera footage but have not followed this up. An investigation into an unauthorized transaction by our bank have commenced. Suite was also dirty with hairs from previous guest still on the pillow on day 1 but was better cleaned the mdxt day. Bit out of the way but transport is nearby. Word of warning however of getting back at night as you have to walk through dark alleys. Wouldnt recommend.

Air conditioning helped with the warm weather.

Great place to stay but not in the basement rooms

Unfortunately I checked in later and the only room left was a basement room around the side of the lift. It initially had a musty smell when I entered but dispersed after running the AC for a period. Wifi signal didn’t work properly and mobile reception not much better in the room. Staff however allowed me to use the upstairs breakfast serving area to sit and work online.

Staff as with previous visits are always helpful and pleasant. Room was a good sized for solo traveller and clean. Hotel is great location to transport and to see London’s attractions

Lovely hotel but tiny, uncomfortable room.

We were given a minuscule bedroom with the double bed pushed right against the wall. The room is not fit for two people and should only ever be booked out as a single room. Make sure you refuse room 17 if there are two of you. It was also boiling hot and the aircon fairly useless.

It's a lovely hotel overall, and from I saw of other rooms they are very good. Breakfast was very good, make sure you book in advance, it's cheaper.

Fabulous!

Our room was located in one of the separate buildings that had been converted. The only fault would be the noise in the morning. Could hear other guests walking above. Also could hear water pipes when other guests used shower etc. A minor issue.

The staff were the best. Great value!

I would probably stay here again, but will make SURE I get the room size I ordered.

The room was a tiny room for one small person, even though we ordered a double room. The view out of the one window, looked into someone else’s room & the people in the room I could see, was able to see into mine. :-/ The Construction outside was bothersome.

Staff was very friendly. Food was pretty good. Room was clean. Hotel was very close to everywhere I needed to go, so I was able to walk.

Great location and staff almost became friends by the time we left

Internet was not great to US and ther was a failure Chiswick wide before we left

Preferred main floor vs the other building where we had to climb steps to get to our room with USA luggage on arrival day

Room was very clean, big and comfortable.

We asked for a quiet room so they put us in the basement room and said we were “upgraded” to a family room (was just 2 of us). Well it directly under the reception where the breakfast is served in the morning. It wasn’t quiet as we heard every footstep walked and chair moving above us. Was particularly bad from 5am as they were preparing breakfast. So the “upgrade” wasn’t worth it. Being in the basement (I think they need to have basement rooms as a different optional price or allow you to select it.

Room was very clean, big and comfortable. Was warm in the room in the morning so only have a skylight window (regardless of it being ventilated) wasn’t enough to reduce the temp. Pedestal fan was in the room but was noisy when turned on. Breakfast was good value for £7.50 pp. Full hot breakfast and continental style. Location close to both Stamford Brook and Turnham Green on the district line. Buses at door.

Clean and cozy place to stay for a family.
    • Family Room with Bathroom

I think the coffee can be improved by installing a better coffee machine or independent espresso machine like nespresso.

I'd like the family room because it was very generous and cozy to have 2 single beds and 1 double bed. I also liked the bathroom to be very clean. Finally, breakfast was very good in terms of variety.

Single basement room .

I would have preferred to not be in the basement , but it didn't matter too much .

Single basement room . Fine for 1 night . Hotel was very clean and helpful staff. The breakfast was very good . Plenty of choices and well cooked. The area is very safe and residential with many restaurants nearby.

Overall a good clean decent hotel in London thoroughly recommend it

Nothing all good

Decent hotel, nice staff, good location, good tube links, great pubs and food venues really close by, check out the Friday night comedy club at the local pub fantastic night out

Inconsistent

Have stayed in the main hotel before with good bedrooms. Terrible location of bedrooms in the annexe. Right on the very busy main road with no adequate double glazing.Loud incessant traffic noise all night and building noise from 6.a.m. Refurbishment done on the cheap. Uncomfortable mattress very small TV

Convenient for amenities, tea and coffee in the room. Nice bathroom

Lovely and clean hotel with friendly service and parking - 20 mins on tube to central London!

Lovely room with a comfy bed, air con (which came in handy), powerful shower and plenty of space for 2 adults plus luggage. We only stayed for one night but would happily stay for longer! We were in one of the basement rooms which was separate to the main hotel, but it was peaceful and the room was beautifully clean. Check in and out was swift and easy, with extremely friendly staff and a very welcoming atmosphere. We walked to Stamford bridge tube station in 10 mins (I was wearing heels) so it is very handy for jumping on the tube into central. We also walked to a wonderful little Italian restaurant called La Tarrantella, but there are plenty of restaurants and amenities out the main round outside the hotel. Parking was a bonus too! :)

STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Management told me they are from Eastern Europe and are still trying to adjust to the English way of life, where people expect so much more than Eastern European people

The management has changed and this once delightful motel has gone to pot. They have purchased adjoining buildings that are 3 storeys high with no lifts. There are rooms as small as 8 square metres where there is barely room to get in and out of bed. DO yourselves a favour and DO NOT stay here. When you find yourself in a small room they will tell you "there are no vacant rooms" which makes for a BAD holiday

Lovely hotel, great value & location, fab breakfast, complimentary ear plugs would be a winner!

For me the bed was too firm and I’d forgotten my ear plugs so the noise from the main road was quite disturbing at night.

Fantastic value hotel, we stayed in an amply sized double room with a queen (I think) sized bed. The decor was modern and the bathroom superb, the shower was hot and powerful. The reception area was far more ‘luxe’ than expected, the conservatory which is used for the breakfast again has more than a sprinkling of glamour! The breakfast was superb, organic cooked ingredients, fresh flavoursome fruit and lots of delicious pastries. Hot drinks are available from a dispensing machine for the duration of your stay....nice touch.

Lovely rooms.

The bathroom was very strong smelling of cigarettes which also made the room smell of cigarettes.

Lovely rooms. Right on Chiswick high road a great location.

Lovely hotel for a family stay, quiet, clean, spacious, with a great breakfast
    • Family Room with Bathroom

The rooms was really spacious, modern and clean. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us. The breakfast was really nice and great value. There are lots of nice cafes nearby and the area is very nice. It is a short walk to the tube station and then a quick trip on the district line direct into London. The staff were nice and helpful and my kids enjoyed the free coffee maker which made a really nice hot chocolate as well. Will definitely come back here again.

Browse Best Western Chiswick Palace & Suites London traveller photo gallery