Reviews of Best Western Park Hotel 3 stars

Camelon Road, Falkirk, FK1 5RY, United Kingdom

#13 of 21 hotels in Falkirk

A great weekend Stay

the Location wasn't great not many nice places too eat or drink nearby a good 10 minute walk into town.

The hotel was spotless we had a very nice evening meal which was served with politeness and efficiency. The room was perfect, a big flat screen TV a very large comfy bed,plenty of drawer space and the bathroom had an excellent walk in shower.

Really enjoyed it

Waiter forgot about the wine we ordered at dinner and ended up we did not get it but compensated with a drink in the bar

Cofotable lovely setting and outstanding views

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Was on a convenience stop so ok for that.

discovered on 2nd day that fried eggs were possible instead of scrambled ones that you had to slice, but no menu, no marmalade nor toast until you asked for, but staff were very pleasant.

Nice room in new part.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Nice staff - but dreadful people skills from management

The manager on duty (Amanda I think her name was) on Sunday 30th September was the rudest woman I have ever had the misfortune to come across in a hotel - and I stay in hotels every week. When checking in they advised me of the weekend breakfast times. I was told Sunday would be earlier as they had a group of 30 to cater for. So I went down at the time suggested and the restaurant wasn't opened yet. I explained what I was told when checking in and she abruptly answered well you were advised wrong. It was her tone and body language that were disgraceful. She then began to laugh about it with another staff member. I then complained at reception about this awful woman and was told that one of two managers would call me on Monday 1st October 2018. I must add that the reception staff were very professional at this time. Today is 19th October 2018 and no one has called meaning this type of behaviour to guests must be accepted or common practice. Nice hotel but beware of this horrible individual: Short dark hair, in her 40s, small and slightly rounded. It is such a shame that the management let down the lovely staff in this hotel.

Check in staff were lovely & so were the bar staff. A very nice atmosphere and welcoming first impressions

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

we would stay hehere again and we would recommend to family and friends

nothing was a problem

we have stayed here before. the staff are very friendly and nothings a problem. they also do a meal deal in the evening for 10.00 pound good value .and we were able to get in to our room early near town

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Staff and quality of food redeemed the lack of sleep

It was noisy, difficult to sleep with the amount of noise...... size of room we had, it was only a base,up shower and out, but if i had to get ready in it for a wedding etc, i would have not been happy, small was putting it mildly.

The staff were very friendly, and the food was very good. Location is great if you want to walk into Falkirk town centre.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Room must have been recently renovated as it was like new.

Room must have been recently renovated as it was like new. Fabulous shower, comfy bed, lots of space. Great value for money. Breakfast was average, no fresh fruit on buffet and hot food selection not good quality but continental side was ok.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Can not fault the actual room just the location.

Being in the room adjacent to the smoking area. Disturbed and woken by people talking loudly at 7am on both mornings.

Large and recently renovated bathroom.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Very disappointing! Very dark hotel and it was chaos when a coach load of tourists arrived!

Building work was going on and we were in a new room that was very bare and basic. We had workman right outside working on the outside of the new extension that our room was in and also, we couldn't have our window open as it was a designated smoking are right outside and staff were out smoking cigarettes and chatting on their phones. We did mention this when we checked out and we were told that this would be passed onto the management but we haven't heard anything since.

Nothing particular

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Highly recommend and will return.

The wifi code did not work and I did not want to go downstairs to ask for another as I was ready for bed.

The staff were all very friendly and catered for my needs booking taxi etc.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The hotel is actually quite welcoming and cosy.

As above, the new rooms are fine for someone staying overnight, but wouldn't recommend these rooms for people wanting to stay in during the day. The breakfast menu is all right, not exceptional. Some fresh fruit would be good, and a greater choice of fresh breads.

We spent the first night in the new wing. Very spacious, modern room, excellent bed....but as it is new, there was still a smell of paint, and building work going on outside in the morning. We asked to change rooms and were immediately and helpfully moved to the third floor in the original block, with view over Dollar Park and the Ochils.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Good food in the restaurant, Breakfast was OK, Ample parking...

Not very nice to have a firealarm in the second late evening, it stopped just as i was preparing to evacuate, no explanation nor apology in the morning. Bathroom rather dated as with much of the hotel

Good food in the restaurant, Breakfast was OK, Ample parking right outside

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The hotel is midway(ish) between the Kelpies and the Wheel...

The work to build the new rooms was ongoing and the work was continuing outside the room window. The view of the car park included a view of safety rails. Road noise was more intrusive than one would expect. Breakfast was self service and less than hot. The scrambled egg was tepid, white and wet. A hotel of this size and stature should not be using urns to dispense tea and coffee. Even budget hotels have decent coffee machines. Dinner was adequate but could have been so much better. Room plan copies the basic rooms found in the budget hotels so a tad boring.

The hotel is midway(ish) between the Kelpies and the Wheel and both are easily walkable from the hotel along the canals. Our room was one of the new rooms in the hotel and the bathroom was very well fitted out and the fan worked. The green night light in the bathroom was also useful. The restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful as were the receptionists. It was a short walk into town so, together with the canal walk, the car was left in the car park for the length of our stay.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Short Break

wifi was didnt work on top floor. No shelf in bathroom to put anything.

warm welcome on arrival, we were asked if wantedhelp with luggage we were on top floor! we were in room 51 which had a large bed, tea coffee, biscuits. Nice toiletries. bath and shower. Breakfast was a choice of cold or cooked! the staff were all very nice. The restraunt we booked each night as was busy had a great choice of meals, excellent value two menues! We enjoyed our stay and will go back.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Not to bad

Room was quite small as was the bed, the breakfast staff came across as surely, and reception on leaving never asked if everything was okay with our stay, a very basic thing to do. The barman in the evening placed a glass of ice and an unopened bottle in front of my wife, good bar staff open bottle and pour some of the drink out.

Food was excellent, well cooked and restaurant staff in evening very nice

Great location, and impressed that breakfast was included.

The TV in the room didn't work and the room was incredibly warm, despite the weather not being overly hot outside.

Great location, and impressed that breakfast was included.

Very happy

The first night we booked the restaurant but had to stand for quite a long time to be seated. Never got asked would we like a drink when the menus were delivered to us.

I liked all of it. The meals were good value and we ate there both nights.

I chose this for its location, near an event, and it had everything I needed for a comfortable stay

Pity it rained, but that's Scottish weather

The staff were friendly, the room had everything I expected, and returning after midnight after a gig was not a problem. I did feel comfortable eating alone and was not sat in a dark corner in the dining room

Comfortable and clean rooms

The breakfast staff just stood and talked and it was not clear what was on offer and where to find it . However the food was fine .

The room was wonderful. Newly refurbished and to a high standard.

Colina Johnston

Check out tine but again had a fantastic time .

The staff were great the room were great we did not have a good view but we weren’t bothered about that . Everything else was great value for money . On a Sunday maybe a later check out time would be good.

Adequate whilst walking the Forth and Clyde canal but disappointing for £90 a night

I have a problem with my legs that means I can't always take the weight of a quilt. Usually I snuggle under a blanket or a coverlet. This place didn't seem to understand why I requested a blanket, even though I explained it, or a lightweight quilt. The best they could do was to provide a sheet. As the nights were quite cold and the heating wasn't on, I ended up sleeping fully clothed for 4 nights rather than create a fuss. Considering this is part of a large hotel chain, it was a bit disappointing.

The location was ideal as on main bus and train lines. Check in was easy and staff were friendly.

It was a hotel that had a bed.

For a hotel it's age is starting to show - looks like it hasn't been updated in a while. Arrived after midnight and there was quite a number of people drinking in the lobby, no big deal as I was knackered and turned in - the only problem was of course those people spilled into the halls where they were quite noisy. Not the hotels fault, and I am a heavy sleeper so that helped!

It was a hotel that had a bed.

It was 2 nights stay .

It was 2 nights stay . Room was clean . The Staff was very friendly . Breakfast was great. Restaurant was also fine .We got all we wanted . Good location to explore Falkirk and Stirling if u are by car .

Unpleasant to say the least. Poor value for the money.

The evacuation of the entire hotel tenants due to a false fire alarm. Hotel staff seemed befuddled by the alarm and the reaction by the fire department.

The car park is conveniently located.

very comfy place to sleep - breakfast was good- staff generally very helpful- happy to stay again

room was newly refurbished - a plus - but paint smell; mirror leaning against back of hanging area - no use for seeing self - full length mirror somewhere would be appreciated; bathroom steamed up even with fan and so towels on rail (not switched on cos hot) after friend's shower, were soggyish; breakfast staff less informative (tho plenty of them - 4 visible)- had to ask about toast; and layout of buffet hot plate unit hard to negotiate - nowhere to put lids while filling plates.

room was newly refurbished - lovely comfy bed and bedding - a plus - but ...... see didn't like... ; staff on reception on arrival were courteous and informative, even tho very busy; night porter excellent at getting us more coffee for the room when we returned after midnight; and breakfast food was lovely and didn't show any of the down side of buffet presentation.

The staff excellent

The staff excellent Breakfast enjoyable Parking good Hotel it's self good, under some reservation Location good Room cosy and comfortable bed a little hard (I have a spinal disorder) Overall I couldn't find fault Many thanks and congratulations to your staff who made my stay very enjoyable and are a great credit to Best Western Hotels

On the way to Highlands

The hotel is looking a little tired However there is ongoing work which looks like it is being upgraded

The food in the restaurant is exceptional value for money.

I came here with my young daughter for a concert the staff...

I came here with my young daughter for a concert the staff were friendly and answered any questions I had. Only issue is for £90 I expected a bigger room as shown in the photos but felt we were placed in a small room , couldn't move around much, no air con in the room so was boiling getting ready to go out. Other than that the rest of the hotel was good just check what room you get as wasn't worth the £90.

shower was really good, breakfast at buffet was reasonable.

A bit noisy, this is due to the location. We had the fire alarm in the night and had to evacuate the room. But this are things that can happen, just unlucky.

shower was really good, breakfast at buffet was reasonable.

Good hotel with excellent staff in a central location.

All staff were welcoming and friendly. Hotel was not much to look at from the outside but once inside was pleasantly surprised. Room clean and tidy, bathroom very clean. Evening meal and breakfast were good quality and very reasonably priced. First time staying in a Best Western hotel but will certainly not be the last.

A good location for sightseeing and a friendly welcome.

Bedroom was very hot and stuffy despite having window open as much as possible. Shower was difficult to control.

Friendly staff at reception with helpful advice on walking to Falkirk Wheel from the hotel. Good location for sightseeing the Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel. Evening meal was very good value with a wide choice of dishes and prompt service.

Comfortable....pricey for what we received.

Rooms desperately need updating. I’m told they are doing just that. Very worn looking rooms and hotel. Tiny TVs in the rooms. I observed management throwing their weight around. I didn’t like that. Regular staff great....management not so much.

The maid service was excellent. Wait staff in restaurant were very attentive.

Good location for easy access to the Falkirk wheel

Ordered a couple of poached eggs at breakfast as opposed to the buffet breakfast, they were slow in coming out

Excellent location and restaurant food excellent value

The location was most convenient.

This particular Best Western is a bit tired. You expect a certain level from a Best Western and this did not quite make it. Very Comfortable and Staff great but the renovations they are busy with are definitely required.

The location was most convenient. The price was right.The staff were great.

Not a nice experience and very disappointing

The hotel was not clean. It felt as though the whole property needed a good steam clean. The corridors were dark, the window frames in the bedroom and restaurant were filthy - need I go on.

very hot and stuffy rooms.

very hot and stuffy rooms. Other guests smoking from their windows meant we had cigarette smoke coming into our room. The interiour felt old and outdated. The restaurant had a good menu, but the food was only soso and the breakfast boring.

Excellent location, lovely staff.

The decor is brown. I have noticed that this is a favoured colour by US Owned hotels but isn’t very stylish here in Europe. Ghastly but possibly cosy when the sun isn’t shining. Looked dirty, but wasn’t of course.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location between the Kelpiesand the Wheel and the Antonine ‘wall’. Exactly equidistant between Edinburgh and Glasgow. I believe 30minutes from each by train. Wonderful canal walk in good weather. Evening meal unbeatable value and good.

A good place for. Couple of nights. Would stay again.

There was building work going on which was a bit awkward but it's good to upgrade the building. The corridors looked a bit dowdy and dark... that is due to the colour.

The breakfast was first class. The staff were friendly and efficient. There was a good choice of food for evening meal at a reasonable price. The base was brilliant for visiting the Falkirk Wheel and the Kelpies along with everything else.

Wish I hadn't bothered.

General appearance very dull and depressing everywhere dark brown including carpets which were dirty in the foya, no hot water until late into evening.The room had a large window with no net curtain so builders building the extension could look in - no privacy. Breakfast poor for choice and service.Booked for 3 nights left after 1, very disappointing !

Great stay value for money

Found two used shower bottles tucked in behind the shower rail and sheet was not long enough to cover the mattress. These were minor in the grand scheme of things as I would stay again

Great staff who made me feel welcome. Menu value for money. Bar reasonably priced. Great breakfast.

Close to wheel and kelpies

Some parking was a bit tight to get in. But there was parking so bonus! And there was construction work on so not really an issue!

Close to wheel and kelpies

Very pleasant

Hotel didn’t look much from the outside. We thought we were going to be disappointed but as soon as we walked in it was clean and stylish. We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant for dinner that evening and the food was outstanding and such good value for money. We would definitely stay here again!

Rooms decent enough but food service not great

Restaurant closed at 8.45 . Mixed food quality at breakfast , warm cheap orange juice , no toast offered , tea and coffee poor quality . Would not go back .

Decent bedroom and comfy bed

Ideal location for visiting Falkirk wheel and the Kelpies

Hotel having building works, therefore parking restrictions due to builders vans on site.

Bedroom and bathroom both furnished and decorated nicely, very clean. Excellent evening meal and breakfast, very good value for money.

Tired after a long flight, we needed somewhere to sleep , this hotel gave us what we needed.

The bed was on the very soft side, the decor was tired and dated and the overall feel of the hotel was it needed modernising.

The overall feel of staying there was it was like staying at an old aunts house.

Will not stay in this best western hotel have stayed in other best western were excellant

Could have been told about options for breakfast eg .eggs only scrambled in show was not told about fried egg or omelette. Dishes were not kept Filled at service. Staff all though busy were not too friendly

Bed comfort good parking quiet

Staff were friendly and went the extra mile to make us comfortable. Value for money? definitely

I'm not a huge fan of frozen chips, so the evening meal wasn't my favourite

Staff kindly organised for us to have an early breakfast on our leaving date as we had an early flight

Room was comfortable and reception staff pleasent.

Service at breakfast wasnt very good, we weren't offered toast, we noticed that some tables got it and others didn't, one waitress seemed to be doing all the work while two younger girls stood about chatting. No one cleared our used plates, we had to put them on a worktop ourselves and nobody asked if everything was ok, it was not busy at the time.

Room was comfortable and reception staff pleasent.

The location was good

Everything was fine - only problem was a portion size in the restaurant but that was dealt with very efficiently …

The staff were very helpful with local advice and directions, they were happy to help

Menu choices somewhat limited for dinner, but exceptional...

The décor is rather tired and the bed hard and lumpy - needs a new mattress

Menu choices somewhat limited for dinner, but exceptional value at £10 for 2 courses and £12 for 3.

Very nice staff who all tried to make our stay happy but booking form not clear enough

Again the no walk in showers or ground floor rooms available

Didn’t like the fact all rooms had a bath and no walk in showers when the brochure did not state only baths as husband has a bad knee but I do believe the extension to the hotel will have walk in showers we also asked for a ground floor room but we were on the third even though there was a lift but if there had been a fire you are advised not to use lift and my husband can’t use stairs very well

Beds were comfy.

Quite noisy from the road. Our bathroom was quite grubby and the toilet wasn't the cleanest. When we were arriving as we got off the lift the cleaning/ laundry room was open and there were plates and dirty dishes along the corridor from where they had taken them out of the rooms, we didn't think this was very professional.

Beds were comfy. Hotel was easy to find. Breakfast was ok,nothing special.

Good base for visiting the Falkirk Wheel and Kelpies.

Service at breakfast almost non existent, they were busy concentrating on setting up for lunch so were a bit neglected.

Reception and dinner service were good. Room clean and very quiet.

Exstended stay

The bathroom fan was on a timer and in my first room (46) it was extremely noisy. My second room it was much better but still on a timer where usually the fan comes on with the light switch. Some construction going on so the car park was a little full but no big issue.

Excellent location, just a short walk into town. Breakfast was of a really high standard.

We enjoyed it and will go back in the future.

I really struggled with was the low toilets. A removable suction handle would solve that problem. I could not shower at all. Stepping into the bath is a no go area.

We do like Best Western.

pleasant hotel, friendly staff, car park, dinner in restaurant excellent

I asked for a quiet room and they kindly gave me a room at the end of the corridor. Unfortunately there was a terrible buzzing persistent sound all night, even with ear plugs and the duvet over my head I could hear it. It kept me awake! I think it was probably coming from a generator. I suggest you book a room that faces the front and away from any unexpected noises at the back. Go with the traffic noise rather than machinery!

Staff are just excellent, so polite and helpful, Breakfast reasonable, very easy to find, comfy bed, nice room, great meal in restaurant, really excellent! parking on street is good, if main car park at front is full. Alternatively there is an upper car park but further to walk if you have heavy case. Clean hotel with nice cream and brown stylish decor

Average hotel on a bad day.

Building work in car park. Very cramped parking spaces. Hotel was far too hot. Evening meal in the restaurant was mediocre and we were overcharged on the bill. Reception area was gloomy and lacking in facilities.

Helpful Reception staff. The main room and bathroom were big enough and clean. The shower had very good water pressure. The breakfast was well cooked.

Was fine for what we expected

The cooked breakfast didn’t look appetising and didn’t taste nice.

The bed was comfortable. There was no AC in the room. When we asked for one it arrived promptly which was great. I liked that there tea/coffee making facilities in the room with biscuits as well!

It gave us what we needed.

We felt that the decor was a bit dark and the lighting did not compensate for that. We are both pensioners and unfortunately our eyesight is below par. We’re not sure if many of our generation use your establishment but we’re sure that a fair percentage will share this problem.

Lovely staff, comfy bed, good value restaurant, plenty safe parking.

Lift noise! despite being a few doors away form the lift, you could hear the noise and vibration of it going up and down, so kept waking me up.

Lovely staff which are so helpful, restaurant and drinks good value, food reasonably good, breakfast quite adequate and efficiently served, despite large bus tour, Pleasant ambience, good cream and beige colour tones create nice atmosphere, very clean throughout, good car parking, hotel set in a nice residential location, bed comfy, new windows open and close properly. Easy access and a great and safe stop over place.

OK but not quite up to expectations for a Best Western hotel.

There was absolutely nowhere to set toilet bag/toiletries in the bathroom. The bed was not too comfortable.

The restaurant was excellent value for money and there was a varied menu.

Good value for money

No problems

Good value for money, clean room, excellent bathroom with bath and shower and plenty of hot water. Very friendly welcoming staff, food very good and evening menu had 2 courses for £10, good breakfast too. Nice park across the road from the hotel for a stroll after breakfast or dinner.

My husband had been admitted to the Forth Valley hospital...

My husband had been admitted to the Forth Valley hospital and this hotel was reasonably close and a competitive rate. Staff were very friendly and breakfast was lovely. There is also a nice park opposite where I managed to escape to for a peaceful walk after a stressful couple of days

Adequate but slightly disappointed as expect a better standard from a Best Western.

Water pressure in the shower abnormally high causing shower head to blow off from the wall and flood the bathroom floor. Staff appeared to be happy to do the minimum and we did not feel a friendly welcome from the breakfast staff. Complimentary refreshment tray not replenished or cleaned for second night stay.

The location was good especially for the Falkirk Wheel and The Kelpies as well as being close to the town centre.

The location of hotel is very good.

The decor was a bit old...shower a bit noisy....

The location of hotel is very good....food and drink prices were good too...room was nice and warm. Felt like a friendly hotel.

Adequate On one occasion waited 40 minutes for dessert

Showers were too powerful and leaked over the toilet floor. Plates for breakfast were cold No indication on the respective landing as to which floor you ere on

4.0
    Overall a dissapointing stay in a hotel badly in need of a refurbishment.

The rubbery cold bacon for breakfast. The uncomfortable beds. The filthy bathroom floor. The dusty wardrobe compartments.

Very little to like about this hotel apart from the friendly and helpful staff.

I travel to Falkirk three times a year and always stay at...

I travel to Falkirk three times a year and always stay at this Hotel The staff are friendly and nothing is too much bother for them good place to stay.

Very pleasant stay

When we drove up to the hotel it looked like it was closed due to building works going on, but once in the hotel the building works did not affect the inside appearance of the hotel at all, they are only upgrading part of it. This did not affect our stay.

Excellent breakfast. Comfortable room/bed. Nice area to sit at reception. Tea/coffee in the room. Free on site parking available.

.lovely area around reception.

The price was good for standard of food and room

.lovely area around reception. Food such good value . Will be booking again for July. Looking forward to it .

Nice traditional Hotel with good value food.

Room cleaning could have been slightly better - you could write your name in the fluff on the window sill! Otherwise good. Weather for our visit was foul, rain and sleet the whole time; but that’s not the hotel’s fault!

Staff were friendly. Dinner in restaurant was good and very reasonably priced. Breakfast also good. Despite ongoing refurbishment public areas comfortable and spatious. Close to the Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel.

Great location and staff are friendly. Clean & comfy if a little dated.

Bathroom clean but a bit dated, room on the small side. On Sunday morning, the hot buffet food ran out a good half hour before the end of breakfast and although we waited, it wasn’t replenished.

Staff were friendly and helpful, room cosy and bed extremely comfy. Excellent location.

hotel spoiled last day of holiday due to fiasco at breakfast

hotel was lovely room was lovely. breakfast was a complete nightmare took 1hour 5mins to get some scrambled egg, there was a long long delay in buffett being refreshed. wasn't the only one complaining.

Very comfortable stay with lovely night porter. Breakfast very disappointing. Staff to quick to clea

Location and price

Breakfast disappointing very little hot food ready at 9.20 and to wait for a while. Few guests were complaining and New food brought out , very little!

Good price for a decent room and breakfast near to town centre. Would use again

Not a lot of Healthy options at breakfast, renovations going on April 2017