Reviews of Baglioni Hotel London - The Leading Hotels of the World 5 stars

60 Hyde Park gate, Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW7 5BB, United Kingdom

#98 of 977 hotels in London

Accommodations were excellent.
    • Executive Junior Suite with Park View

nothing that comes to mind; was very pleasantly surprised

Accommodations were excellent. The suites facing the park are very nice and more importantly quiet. Bathroom was spacious and the Illy Espresso machine a great addition. Excellent Italian restaurant associated with hotel and very competent staff.

Overnight stay to see Eric Clapton perform in Hyde Park
    • Executive Double Room

One has to remember that five star hotels in London are going to be expensive. London is unique in the hotel industry. The hotel was clean and as expected, but the room was very small. One window only and this faced a brick wall. Including breakfast £457.20. Not cheap, but included breakfast. Two normal glasses of wine (one white for my Wife and One glass of red for me) excellent quality, but at £37 they needed to be. At checkout, and additional 5% of room rate (just under £23) was added to the bill as a gratuity for the staff, it was optional, but first time we have come across this in five star hotels in London.

The staff were fine, very helpful with a friendly approach. The location was close to Hyde Park.

Position of the hotel and the staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very busy at breakfast so slow service and little choice of food left on the buffet, the cooked food made to order was good but took at least half an hour to arrive

Position of the hotel and the staff

The staff were absolutely wonderful
    • Junior Suite Courtyard

The room was lovely if not a little dark - we didn’t have as much natural light as we had hoped for but it didn’t matter.

Fabulous location in the best city in the world. Nothing beats a classy hotel in the heart of London. The bathroom was terrific, the bed great.

Great location hotel, nice staff and comfy bed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room is quite dark and not as big as I expect, but compare the room size in London. This is still better than most of hotels.

Bed is comfy, hotel location just a cross the street for Hyde park.

good stay,good service,some rooms do not match the price, great location. If you like italian style
    • Deluxe Double Room

the room were were given, was dark and very boring; did not match the price we paid for it. We had to upgrade for a better , and cozy room and ofcource it was costly, it was not on our budget.

very friendly and service minded staff, especially reception and conciege

Par excellence

everything was fantastic

it was a great place with impeccable service. The location is excellent, staff is courteous and the hotel created many moments of truth for me. Attention to detail and attitude of staff with unbeatable service standards were the high point of my stay

The staff was very nice.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The smell (perfumes?) in the hotel and rooms was suffocating and it was very slippery in the shower (bath) - if you don’t want to fall during taking a shower you must sit.

The staff was very nice.

This is my second stay and I shall go again

I was in room 311 and the television was impossible to switch off with the remote. The remote wasn’t great. Floor lighting in bathroom not working

Food very good. Fresh and well cooked. The breakfast was exactly how I like. Poached eggs perfect and the bacon crispy. The reception staff excellent, helpful and friendly Great spa.

Nice. Gutted we didn’t sleep well due to the pillows.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Language barrier on numerous occasions. Waited 2 days for them to sort the pillows after asking for the 3rd time & 2 nights of bad sleep. My club sandwich didn’t have any bacon in!!! No long mirror in room. Really bad lighting for woman trying to get ready... Didn’t stock up enough didn’t have slippers, body lotion, flannels. Spa too small.

Lovely big bed. Spa treatments were amazing!! Porters extremely attentive.

A wonderful Hotel and a must, if you’re attending an event at the Royal Albert Hall.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The TV’s in both the bedroom and living room didn’t work properly and wouldn’t even receive the usual UK channels. However I didn’t bother bringing this to the attention of the hotel as I wasn’t there to watch TV. We had a very late meal at the hotel and the chef made a simple but unforgettable mistake of forgetting to put egg and bacon in the club sandwich??? Considering we were the only people eating in the restaurant, I doubt the chef was run off his/her feet?? However, the waiter was brilliant and professional, without any complaint, he immediately took 20% off of the final bill.

The Hotel is beautiful, the staff are amazing and always there to assist and really do go further than you’d get from most hotels. I was given an upgrade to a junior suite just because I was a new customer. Our stay at the hotel really did complete our weekend.

A true 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The customer service was excellent, the best we have experienced. All the staff made you feel welcome and valued as a guest. As we were celebrating my husbands birthday we were upgraded to a suite which was very luxurious. Everything was first class.

The staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast should offer more choices as the Hotel isn’t just for Italian people.

The staff. I can say that the Baglioni Hotel is a five stars Hotel with seven stars Staff. Wonderful staff.

Best luxury accommodation in the Capital of the World!)

Absolutely nothing

Perfect service, silent rooms, perfect location, superb restaurant, concierge and reception desk were helpful, more then friendly. We'd being surprised everyday of our stay with some compliments from the hotel) that was making us feel like at home!

Excellent hotel and staff
    • Executive Double Room

The staff in this hotel were very polite, professional and accommodating. They didn’t everything to make our stay the best it could be. To the point where they went out of their way to make a dinner that wasn’t even in their menu for one of our group! They exceeded all expectations and I couldn’t recommend this place enough

Great stay. Great Staff. Great location.
    • Superior Queen Room

Paying £68.00 for breakfast for two and then having to pay for coffee. The breakfast was nice but not that nice! Having a 5% service charge (discretionary!) automatically added to the total bill at checkout when I had tipped as I went along...!

Personal service. Upgrade. Location (great for the Royal Albert Hall). Friendly staff. Bath. Comfy bed. Would stay again.

The best service in London!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The service at this hotel is the best ive ever experienced. The attention you got from the staff is like nothing ive ever seen before. they really couldnt do enough for you at every given moment. Never had service like it well done!

Lovely location and decor.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not able to make a cup of tea in your room, only full length mirror is in the bathroom. No mirror in the room to use with a dressing table.

Lovely location and decor. Stunning bathroom and very comfy bed.

Amazing!!
    • Executive Double Room

Treated like royalty. Upgraded to a suite as it was our anniversary and received a present from the hotel as a congratulations! Lovely gesture. Staff were amazing, helped us with everything we needed. Would highly recommend!

We would like to make the Baglioni our anniversary tradition each year.

It was perfect.

Everyone was so warm and welcoming! My husband and I were also so touched that every person wished us happy anniversary! The restaurant was excellent and the food choice was yummy. Breakfast was equally good with a wide range of food from crostata to poached eggs (of which we tried everything). Location was perfect for a stroll through Hyde Park. Although we live in London we felt as if we were in a different place. The hotel also gave us their best executive room which had a view of Hyde park and was also a very nice size.

Extremely courteous staff who were very helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Although the food was deliciously cooked, it was quite cold when it was brought out to us. The sauce had almost congealed on the plate and a side order was forgotten. When this eventually made it to our table, it was piping hot and the rest of our dinner was unfortunately not. One other point (from a female perspective), is that our room (which was a suite) had a lovely dressing table with a illuminating large mirror, but disappointingly there was no electric socket nearby to actually dry your hair so that you could see yourself. The only other mirrors were in the bathroom but again no socket. Assuming the room was designed by a man?!

Extremely courteous staff who were very helpful. Beautiful clean hotel and in excellent position for nearby Knightsbridge and indeed The Albert Hall.

Well located beautiful Italian hotel with a touch of lux
    • Junior Suite Courtyard

Lighting in dressing room.... not placed correct tly so sadly very unflattering

Care from the reception team , welcome drink, Beautiful fresh fruit, great toiletries in room and excellent Spanish brand natural Bisse in use in the spa,

The warmth of their welcome lets you forget about the cold...
    • Executive Double Room

The warmth of their welcome lets you forget about the cold weather in london, the special care made you feel at home. On arrival I find out that they upgraded my room to a suite. On the next day, they changed my room to a bigger one( as I like an open space) upon my request. Thank you for all the staff for their special care.

Great hotel with average service.
    • Executive Double Room

I booked a table for dinner 2 weeks before our stay as a treat for my son who was out from school. When we arrived I enquired about the table and was told that the restaurant was fully booked and that there was nothing that they could do. No accommodation was made in any way to appease our disappointment. We ended up eating in our room.

Great location, comfortable and really nicely decorated.

Perfect Italian boutique 5 star in a great location.

Not a single thing.

This is a perfect boutique 5 star: all the facilities you need but with a cosy, friendly face and great attention to detail. This is a truly Italian hotel, with warm, tirelessly helpful staff - almost all Italian and who know who you are, stylish decor, good honest food in their small restaurant and a delightful bar, excellent spa. When I managed to leave my computer bag in a taxi (aaargh!), they went to great lengths, including running down the middle of the street to get the cab number, to get the bag safely back to me. Important for me, the wifi is very easy to use, with no re-logins and reasonably fast. This is 5 star, so not a cheap hotel but for London a great rate and worth every penny for every luxurious detail, including the use of the hotel Maserati... Try to get a view over the park - splendid.

The management is very kind they upgraded our room to...
    • Executive Double Room

Shower head in bathroom is quite small difficult to shower a kid

The management is very kind they upgraded our room to junior suite upon our arrival which im very thankful for! The Location is perfect close to so many cafes, shops, restaurants almost two minutes walk 😁 The staff is very freindly supportive and fast responding.🌷 Deliscious breakfast but i would recommed to have more varities of food i noticed same menu.. and you should also consider more choices specially for kids

Awesome.
    • Superior Queen Room

Room with a view. Our room was in the back which was nice no street noise but would have liked something overlooking the park.

The major thing was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay there on my trips to London. The neighborhood was great for walking around with lots of great restaurants.

Won't stay here again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Stayed for 5 nights and the lighting in the room was broken/not working for two nights. Key was not working then changed.. many issues and staff used many excuses to explain but not really solving the problems. The girl from the reception desk was bit rude and not treating Asain customers nice. When I check out, they over-charged over £200. It took me 30 mins to complete a check-out. will not stay here again

location is good but that's all

I
    • Executive Double Room

I was very disappointed at checkout we had three attempts to settle bill as was being overcharged for breakfasts we did not have drinks we did not receive ect other customers checking out were experiencing the same overcharged items on there bills.

I

Anniversary & Birthday Stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

The extra service charges presumed on your final bill after your stay that go automatically onto the bill - I HATE THAT - if I wanted to tip, I would add it to each bill - but they already did this too anyway. I am minted - so it's not a problem - however this is just a bit much and should change!

Almost everything

Bedroom was stylish and comfortable.
    • Junior Suite Courtyard

The dinner was fine but not memorable

Bedroom was stylish and comfortable. A very pleasant place to be. The bar terrace was a special place for a drink or meal.

Terrible perfume smell infused in the room
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

The room had low ceilings and the smell is terrible, it’s like you are sleeping in the perfume isle. The flow of the room is horrible and the finishing is not worth the 5 stars.

Staff and location

Instant upgrade as soon as we arrived, my partner needed...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Instant upgrade as soon as we arrived, my partner needed cigarettes and a staff member went to collect a packet for him instantly which is excellent service. We also needed urgent laundry and the housekeeping team fulfilled our request very quickly! Extremely happy!

Perfect location for seeing Kensington Palace and Hyde Park and good general access to most places.
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

Poor room view. Food was excellent in restaurant but surroundings/setting could be better but assume that is down to lack of space. The service throughout is excellent but in the restaurant the waiter was what I would describe as too keen! He whipped plates away before one of us had finished eating which I was brought up to believe was bad manners/etiquette and he was a bit pushy trying to get us to have a second main course.

The Maserati Quattro Porte! We booked it for the transfer from Kings Cross but then also took advantage of the complimentary service provided by the hotel. Staff were all very friendly and the concierge was incredibly helpful when our concert was cancelled at arranging something else for us to do. Food at the Italian restaurant was delicious.

An outstanding hotel in Kensington. One of the best hotels in London!
    • Junior Suite Courtyard

Nothing. The hotel was amazing, thank you for the first class hospitality!

The standard of service was faultless, from the check-in through to the checkout. It has to be one of the best hotels that I have ever had the pleasure in visiting. Special thanks goes to the conceirges Tadas Vitkauskas and Phillip Morris. Phil went out of his way to make me feel at home and both Tadas and Phil directed me to the local shops, restaurants and amenities. They also gave recommendations of places to eat and visit. The breakfast was excellent, and so were the staff. I had an omelette made to my liking before my gym session, and they made my breakfast according to my dietary requirements. The gym and spa was first class, with outstanding staff and facilities. Many thanks to the trainer Erik Solang for an excellent personal training session, pushing me to my limit but giving total support and encouragement; the way a personal trainer should be. I had a full body massage after the training session too, which helped my muscles relax and recover. As I was celebrating my birthday, I also received free chocolates, macarons and a top-of-the-range bottle of Prosecco. I will definitely visit again when I get the chance. Thank you very much for an excellent stay!

Expensive 2 days, show cancelled and had to stay or would have lost hotel payment
    • Deluxe Suite

A continental Breakfast was very expensive at £26 per person

complementary prosecco in our room. Arrived just before 3pm, room should have been available from 2pm. We sat in the bar and had a complementary cup of coffee whilst waiting.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

One of best hotels in London
    • Superior Queen Room

Didn't dislike anything about this hotel

Excellent hotel - staff were so friendly nothing is was too much trouble - beautiful rooms and great location

Beautiful Baglioni
    • Deluxe Double Room

Fabulous complimentary use of the hotel Maserati within a 2km radius of the hotel - excellent start to every day for us! Terrace bar also excellent although small so get down early for a table if the sun is shining.

One of the best hotels we have used!
    • Executive Double Room

Only thing missing was the ability to make a normal coffee in the room, there is a very good espresso machine but that's too strong for us!

Clean, comfortable, excellent location for Kensington and Albert Hall. The room was very good in all aspects but the staff are the crowning glory. Everyone spoke to us at all times and the reception & door staff are first class, probably one of the nicest hotel experiences we had in a long time. Particular mention to Ricardo, a very pleasant and professional receptionist!

Exceptional Hotel for a weekend break
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was disappointing to not have any view. The windows looked out to brickwork and this made the room very dark. I do not like laminate flooring in a bedroom either and we had this. It made the room less cosy and quite noisy. We paid for breakfast on the second day and were offered a glass of water, which we had. This was charged (£4.95 ) as a separate item on our breakfast bill when I feel this should have been part of the breakfast buffet.

We had complimentary coffee when we arrived as we were early and our room was not available. The staff were attentive but not over the top or insincere. Throughout the whole hotel it was immaculate and it is in a fantastic location. The hotel kindly provided a car to take us back to the station on our departure.

Very nice but with so many service charges I felt like we were paying the wages on top of the bill.
    • Superior Queen Room

The refurbished bar is too bright, cold and the atmosphere has been removed. They also add a service charge to everything including one for housekeeping and a £1 charity donation which makes them look good.

Great location , nice staff

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Superior Queen Room

There was no kettle/tea making in the room. There was a coffee machine but I don't drink coffee. However, when I asked for kettle, cups, milk and tea, the staff were on to it right away.

The staff were amazing, so friendly, helpful and attentive

Our first time in a Baglioni hotel and it definitely...
    • Junior Suite Courtyard

Quality and choices at breakfast very good but pretty expensive

Our first time in a Baglioni hotel and it definitely won't be the last. If you are looking for a first class hotel that goes the extra mile to make your stay feel special, then this hotel fits the bill. Fantastic location across the road from Kensington Park and exceptional service and friendliness of all of the staff. Made to feel very welcome at arrival by reception, and this level of service and attention continued throughout our stay by all of the staff, nothing was too much trouble. Restaurant and bar was excellent for cocktails, dinner and drinks, once again the service could not be faulted. Junior suite was spacious and very warmly decorated, the bed was very comfortable, and the nightly turn down service was a very nice touch only a 5 minute walk from the Royal Albert Hall

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Relaxed and very enjoyable
    • Superior Queen Room

The size cleanliness & overall comfort of the room, the staff was wonderful. The location of the hotel was perfect to our venue for our evening entertainment

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Satisfaction Guaranteed
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

Location isn't great, although you're near an underground and across from Kensington/Hyde Park. Finally, the couch in the room isn't very comfortable, and the shower doesn't have a separate removable/extendable showerhead.

Staff was very friendly and responsive. Bed was extremely comfortable. Room overall was very nice. Food is amazing.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Excellent, will return
    • Deluxe Double Room

Service in the restaurant could be a little slow, there were a few maintainence issues with the room but they were sorted out.

The room was lovely, the staff are warm and welcoming. There is a bartender who is a Negroni expert!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Rooms very small, great staff, good location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Although we booked a superior room it was very small and dark and faced to the back into an alley. Bathroom needs a bit of an update but not too bad.

Staff were great. Location very convenient for West London - High St Kensington, Hyde Park, Knightsbridge. Pleasant 30 min walk across Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park or short car ride to Oxford St. Coffee machine, refills of still and sparkling water and chocolates all lovely. Maserati - great for short trips and saved on taxis! Beautiful bathroom products. Other Italian touches also good. We had a special rate so price ok, but full price would not be good value for money.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Lovely hotel.
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

Breakfast overpriced for what it was. Also came with lettuce on the side which was a waste and got in the way. No need to serve salad garnish with a breakfast.

Staff were excellent very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Beautiful haven
    • Deluxe Double Room

Minor point.... I know it's an Italian themed hotel but for non coffee drinkers perhaps tea making facilities could be considered.

Staff were genuinely and extremely courteous. Environment beautiful. Rooms lovely. And the restaurant serves authentic Italian fare. My dishes were excellent. Huge compliments to the chef please. And because I'm no good with names let me extend my warmest regards to All the staff who made sure my stay was perfect.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like the dull colors it's not what matches my personality the room was very small and the door is opposite the bed - the toilet is small and black - floors are very cold as the floors are marble!! The view from the window was walls .. I didn't like that at checkout they added £45 on my bill saying it's for service and charity without informing me prior to adding on my bills

It was great staying in the hotel - staff were very welcoming - the location is amazing opposite Hyde park and 10 minutes walk from Knightsbridge and harrods - it's worth trying it - my unlike's should not effect others as my opinion and defers from others

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Polite staff and great location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Realy minor details: to know the best independent shops, what is hot in cultural scene, what is worth to visit, better TV programs, realy minor details. Shampoo and gel may be from Hermes or malin+goetz, things that matter to smart travelers

Staff are perfect, very kind indeed, very patient with our requests and questions

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The staff were all very friendly and accommodating.
    • Executive Double Room

Although the espresso coffee machine was lovely in our room the addition of a kettle with tea and coffee making facilities would have suited all international guests.

The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. We were able to check in early and were delighted when we were upgraded to a junior suite. We will definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Wasn't worth £380 a night
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not worth £380 for a nights stay. Food I ordered to the room was not what you would expect from a 5* hotel neither was the bed.

The lobby was beautiful and the staff was amazing . Lovely bathroom

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

It's always good to try a new place in London - and we will return to this one......
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were only there for one night...

Friendly and helpful staff. Room upgrade. Classy and comfortable. A hotel and staff happy in their own skin - unpretentious and genuine.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

PERFECT HOTEL WITH ITALIAN STYLE
    • Superior Queen Room

Nothing it ticked all the boxes

The Staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. The hotel has an exceptional warm comfortable feel. Is in a great location. We stayed for my husbands birthday and everyone went out of there way to make his day extra special by leaving a cake in the room. We were also given an upgraded room which was superb and so unexpected. We had friends join us for afternoon tea which was also a great experience and ended with another wonderful birthday cake. Do stay at this lovely hotel if you get the chance you won't be disappointed.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Excellent! Would highly recommend to friends and family
    • Deluxe Double Room

It took too long to make my porridge in the morning and the reason was because the other table had too many orders

The food was great. The staff very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Location is ok, close to Hyde station but far from places...
    • Superior Queen Room

The design is not as good as I think, the furniture design, interior design and light design is ok, not matching with hotels of the same price. The view is ok, but facing the main Street and has no privacy when sit outside.

Location is ok, close to Hyde station but far from places where things take place

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Classy comfort in a top end hotel!
    • Executive Junior Suite with Park View

Not a thing!

The entite experience was wonderful. The service levels offered by the staff are top class. Food and beverages of exvellent quality. The decor and ambience of the hotel are sublime. Very conveniently situated to Kensington shopping area and underground.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

First Class Hotel, First Class Service, First Class Staff and well postioned for a visit to London.
    • Superior Queen Room

There was not one single point of the hotel and staff to dislike.

Upon arrival at the Hotel we found the Hotel staff provided an outstanding service and were extremely impressed by the standard of our suite. We felt that no request was to much trouble. Bed was a dream to sleep on. We would recommend this hotel to friends, family and business colleagues without any fears of disappointment.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Fantastic Stay for 10 year Wedding Anniversary
    • Superior Queen Room

If I had to critique, pillows were a little too hard

Fantastic Hotel, very Helpful staff Donato Bottiglieri, Federico Floris, Tim Spencer and Tasas Vitkauskas could not do enough for us. Maserati Quatraporte was great to use within 2 mile radius.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Superior Queen Room

On arrival mid morning, we were invited to eat to hotel. As we had missed breakfast due to early flight, we asked for some eggs , toast and coffee. The waitress said breakfast had ended 15 mins prior but she would ask chef. He refused to make it. I don't think this meal was an unreasonable request and would not have taken 5 mins! Not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel and certainly not for the price we paid.

Rooms were lovely. Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Disappointing stay
    • Junior Suite Courtyard

Rooms are too dark. housekeeping is not available after 11:00pm!! They actually sent up a doorman to change the bedsheets! The restaurant cafe in the lobby is very average for a Baglioni

Location only.

Top hotel, and I’ve stayed in a few!

Can’t fault it really!

Top hotel, and I’ve stayed in a few!

The shower was hard to get into and out.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower was hard to get into and out. A handle would be helpful.

perfect for a weekend in London

wi-fi was not good

concierge was excellent

The Baglioni Hotel in London was absolutely first class in...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Baglioni Hotel in London was absolutely first class in every way and the staff were wonderful. I highly recommend!!

great spa.
    • Deluxe Double Room

great spa. staff went extra mile to make a birthday weekend special

the staff was available all the time.

everything was amazing.

the staff was available all the time. the room was always clean. best experience ever.

Great location and attentive staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Just average furnishings, fridge didn’t work properly, definitely not 5 star quality

Great location and attentive staff

Relaxing and refreshing in every way.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great staff, great accommodation, great hospitality. !00% recommendation.

Very polite and professional staff and atmosphere quite and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very polite and professional staff and atmosphere quite and comfortable. The breakfast was fabulous and location central.

Perfect
    • Junior Suite Courtyard

Everything, was a very comfortable stay

Nice hotel and clean

All good

Friends

Wonderful and peaceful
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed pillows could have been better.

The staff and service were simply magnificent!