Reviews of Birmingham Marriott Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

12 Hagley Road, Five Ways, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B16 8SJ, United Kingdom

#25 of 78 hotels in Birmingham

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

This hotel is great , I have stayed here many times and the...
    • Superior King Room

This hotel is great , I have stayed here many times and the staff are efficient friendly and helpful. The hotel is always spotless the breakfast is great and they take care and pride in their work place - you don’t find that often these days. It’s a great location and a doddle to find and park etc.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

The hotel is a little tired. It's on a busy roundabout and parking cost £13 for the night.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hottest time of time of the summer and no complimentary water in room as we had a 'standard' room. This is the first hotel I have stayed in for a long time that does not provide water in the bedroom. How much more would it cost to provide a bottle of water when buying in bulk? The duvet cover was worn and ripped.

My son used the spa which was lovely

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

I can describe the Birmingham Marriott and the staff with one word.... EXCELLENCE!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Customer service was EXCELLENT!!! I loved everything about the Marriott in Birmingham, from first impression upon check in, right to the very last minute of our stay. I wish more hotels were like the Marriott at the Birmingham location. Traveling from so far away (the Cayman Islands) to be received with so much attention, prompt customer service and happy faces as indeed an amazing experience for me and my family. THE MARRIOTT TREATED US LIKE FAMILY.......THANK YOU!!!❤ I look forward to staying there again on my next trip to the UK Greetings from the Cayman Islands, Eunice.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

I enjoyed my stay . i will definitely come visit again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

there is no sleepers in the room. and no complimentary water

bathroom ceiling need painting , the paint is coming off, right above the shower at the top right conner

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Lovely comfy bed in air conditioned room, best nights sleep...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The changing room in the leisure centre was dirty and wet towels everywhere, we piled them up to make room for us and commented on our way out & then we checked the room was empty for the male attendant to sort.

Lovely comfy bed in air conditioned room, best nights sleep in weeks. Breakfast super.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

It was OK. It’s not a family friendly place.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to pay extra for WiFi, about 4 £ for an hour. The steam room and whirlpool are restricted to guest over the age of 16. The pool was busy with an exercise class. My children ( 10 and 13 years old ) never got to swim. The pool was the deciding factor of this hotel. It was disappointing.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

The staff were very accommodating and friendly.

Nothing, loves our stay!

The staff were very accommodating and friendly. The room was spacious and clean. We had an amazing stay at the hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Cleanliness
    • Superior King Room

There were no plugs close to the beds to charge our phones and the single sofa additional bed was just not comfortable and too inappropriate for a big hotel like Marriott

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Our stay on Saturday 30th june
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The male receptionist caused me so much stress and upset that was not necessary. There was no helping me, just following protocol rather than asking his manager if there was anything he could do to help. I left the reception so upset and stressed out that it has actually put me off staying here again. I have actually stayed here twice now and spent nearly £700 on rooms each time and to be treated the way I was, was absolutely disgusting. I would not go back here until someone accepts the way the receptionist dealt with my problem is sorted out and resolved.

Spa is lovely, rooms are Fantastic, other staff were lovely

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Great time and would stay again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I felt the standard of the breakfast could have been a little higher. It didn't seem very organised in the breakfast room. Also, the booking was clearly for 3 people, we had 2 beds. we were happy to share but it would have been nice to have had an option.

The room was very comfortable and the bathroom facilities were great. lots of towels :)

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

We wished we could stayed longer

Nothinh

The location , parking . Family room with two double beds . We stayed only one night left early to attend a meeting . We may stay few more days next time for relaxing.

3star hotel standarts
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was no fridge in the room. We couldn’t keep our drinks cold in this hot weather. We asked for it but didn’t get one.

They let us check out 1pm so that was helpful.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

We will be back! Highly recommended.

Nothing I didn’t like.

The welcome we received from front desk staff was outstanding - we all commented about it in the lift. How helpful and friendly the lady was. All staff went out of their way to be friendly and polite and smile! It’s so important in this industry and it made such a difference to our stay.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Comfortable, excellent food and helpful staff
    • Superior King Room

I didn’t read the lower part of the booking.com website and so didn’t realise that we would have to pay nearly $26 per for on site parking. So won’t stay there again if we ever need to visit Birmingham again.

Comfortable, excellent food

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Top Birmingham Choice

Having to pay for wifi

Love this hotel - got a nice big room with a huge comfy bed. Nice facilities, welcoming staff. Handy for Broad Street and Edgbaston. Excellent value

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Good place to stay but don't expect to be fed unless you like bar food
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food was ok except that for a hotel or it's standing there was only bar food and not a proper food menu where you can have dinner

The hotel was clean central location

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Perfect mini-break for two!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A summer weight duvet - the air con was very efficient but lighter bedding would have been better.

Great location for our day at thew WTA tennis at Edgbaston Priory and for eating out in the city later on. Lovely pool for a pre-breakfast swim and delicious breakfast afterwards, Very quiet for a city centre hotel.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

A very pleasant stay in a nice location, well looked after by the staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lockers in the spa were a little tired looking - but to be honest it didn’t really matter

Super friendly and welcoming staff, including those in the pool/spa, which we used in the evening. Room was lovely and clean and breakfast was excellent!

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Friendly and welcoming
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pool tiles around the sides could do with a scrub and the showers could of been more maintained

Bed was comfy, room spacious. Staff was friendly and very accommodating Sam from the bar was excellent all very professional

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Best nights sleep in a hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I liked it all. However I would have liked a USB port on the room. And I loved the carpet ! See my instagram for photo.

Best pillows, comfy bed and sheets. Lovely to go for a swim before breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Amazing relaxing good quality hotel
    • Superior King Room

Having to leave to go home

We had a small issue with the room it was immediately dealt with the staff are super friendly and it's a great hotel to take the children too. Pool is excellent and good is delicious. Overall excellent hotel

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Very comfortable stay, will definitely use this hotel again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing really to dislike!

Very comfortable beds & pillows. Had very good sleep! Excellent choice of dishes at breakfast, very tasty and set me up for the day. Staff were all very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Fantastic service and great experience and very good...
    • Superior King Room

Fantastic service and great experience and very good breakfast and helpful staff. Shopping and city centre at walkable distance. Worth staying and value for money .

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

The staff was lovely, handed our kids a goodie bag with...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sink in the bathroom did not work so we had to wash our hands in the bath, the room was small and not as impressive as you would have thought, at the end of the day it's a Marriott!

The staff was lovely, handed our kids a goodie bag with crayons, colouring book, juice and double chocolate cookie. They were very happy especially after a 3 hour drive. The staff at the swimming pool provided us with some extra swimming gear for the kids (ages 1, 3 and 5) to make it safer and more enjoyable. No time limmit for the kids swimming which waa great- we have been to a few that had a 30 min children swim time limit (a bit disappointing). All in all we had a good time.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

A good experience after a problematic first night.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff member did not offer any helpful resolution to the faulty issue on the first night apart from procuring a very small fan as a substitute for faulty air-conditioning to a fairly substantial room. Excuses were given with regards to bank holiday, not being able to call for repair staff during the holiday weekend and overbooking or non availability of similar rooms. No further alternatives were given on the day but offered us a room change the following day stating that hotel staff will change the room and arrange for our luggage be transferred during the next day when we went out. After explicitly informing the early morning reception staff the next day about the situation before we went out for the day, nothing was done when we arrived back to the hotel on the second night.

The staff supervisor, Ellis, was very helpful in immediately resolving the issue we had with the room having air-conditioning fault on the first night the following night. She offered to help with our luggage during the change of room and contacted us once we settled. Apology was expressed.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Great staff, great location, decent food.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bar staff less friendly and attentive. And bar food was disappointing for the price.

Staff extremely obliging and friendly at reception and breakfast. Nothing was too much for them. They organised a big group of us efficiently. Breakfast was plentiful and nice. Easy access to the social hub of Birmingham.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Room was ok
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No slippers and bathrobes in the room. No minifridge. You need to pay for parking £13 per night and £15 for internet per night. Really, in 21st century pay for internet at your hotel stay... On the hallway smelled like urine. Defenetly not a 4* hotel. Never gonna comeback

Room was ok

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Great Room & Pool and service,shame about cold breakfast food

The RECEPTION STAFF they could not find my booking and they had a poor understanding of English! I found it very difficult for him to understand me & I did not understand him. I had to tell him several times who i had booked with and that the hotel had already taken £139.00 off my debit card even before i had checked in ( 9 days prior to my arrival actually! )of which i was not happy about and I was given no apology for that. I asked if we could have adjoining rooms as it was my Hen party of 8 and we wanted to be close to each other, ( I had already REQUESTED this by email prior to our arrival!!!! ),and basically we were one side of the 4th floor and my friends were on the opposite side of the 4th floor no where near us!! The Air con did not work and our room was very stuffy and hot, the small fan that was provided did not keep the room cool enough. We could not open any windows either. Most of the hot breakfast food was cold ( Scrambled egg and baked beans).

The Hotel is lovely,I love the old style of with its revolving Doors, no noise from traffic we were on the 4th floor We found the reception staff very polite and helpful.The bed was so comfortable I fell asleep straight away, best nights sleep in ages. The pool & steam room was lovely and great opening times from 7am-23.00pm The breakfast had a good selection of cereals, fruit, bakery and hot food. It was definitely a good choice to chose this hotel, except for a few minor issues...

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Pleasant relaxing stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not charge £13 to park in the car park for 24hrs. Wasnt stated on booking.com just advertised parking available at hotel. Bar was expensive £8.60 for two drinks one was a soft drink too.

Room was nice. Bit if a funny smell in the bathroom. Very clean. Comfy bed, all you needed in your room. Facilities of pool etc really good. Breakfast really good range of items. Helpful staff on reception. Pleasant staff in restaurant area. Good location. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

An all round very good trip, it has a high standard like all...
    • Superior King Room

An all round very good trip, it has a high standard like all other Marriotts. The pool and changing area was a little dirty but apart from that, the cleanliness was faultless.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Noisy
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hoped to sleep late as check out wasn’t until twelve which is why I chose this hotel as I knew I’d be working on my laptop till two or three in the morning. At 8am a deafening sound of hammering and drilling from either the next room or somewhere above me woke me up and didn’t stop until I left my room at 11. Told staff at reception who just said “sorry about that” and offered no explanation. The Marriott Group have clearly let standards slide.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Lovely hotel can’t believe it’s where it is.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pool area is very tired and although being redecorated it’s the mirrors that have gone black as had all the silicone corners that let it down.

Nice staff. Very clean. Comfy room.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Warm and traditional decor.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room was little bit tired but nevertheless very clean and spacious. Spa advertised sauna but there wasn't one.

Warm and traditional decor. Breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Should be 5* hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Excellent service provided both in the hotel and restaurant. Couldn't fault our stay at all. Room very good size and contained everything we needed.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Lovely relaxing weekend with friends in the sun!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Directions to car park, ended up driving through Morrisons car park to find entrance!

Great location with excellent staff. The outdoor terrace was a bonus with the beautiful weather.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Lovely
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did not like paying for parking at the hotel!!!!!!!!!

The hotel provided activity bags with a drink and snacks in for the children, this was an excellent touch and entertained our children throughout our stay. Also provided colouring at breakfast. Perfect.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Comfort
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a lot of mould on the inside of the outer windows (there are also inner windows as insulation against traffic noise) It would be unhealthy to open the windows. The A.C. was also on strike I think... So it got a bit stuffy.

Comfortable beds! Very clean room, housekeeping was excellent. It's nice to have a swimmingpool especially with kids. Nice staff! We were very happy at the Marriott.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Relaxing, luxurious and fun!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were exceptional - they went above and beyond to make sure that we had an amazing stay and really went the extra mile to bring us joy.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

I would definitely return
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Confusion at the reception as to who was paying my business stay.Obviously they had my company's details from the online booking but expected me to produce the card at check out. I've never had this happen which became embarrassing.It left a bad feeling after such a great stay

The bed and duvet were incredibly comfortable, and the black out curtains allowed a daily nap.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Lovely hotel, spa and dining bit of a let down.
    • Superior King Room

We had a spa day whilst staying which we had booked separate. ( which isn't by any means cheap ) There is only one steam room, no sauna and a very basic pool area with little else to do. No drinks offered at all such as tea or coffee, only a dirty looking cask of water with a little in the bottom in the waiting area. This spa really lets the hotel down and could do with a lot of improvement. Treatments were ok. We only spent a couple of hours at most and even dressed before treatments. We booked the 3 course meal and as the restaurant was full we were made aware that we would be in the bar, we were fine with this and the bar was stunning! However, the wait times were very long and no explanations or apologies made. We nearly walked out without dessert as this took 45 mins after our plates were cleared from our main. The restaurant was full with a private function. On leaving the hotel I had to explain of the £25 deposit on my card that I had already paid, as I was being overcharged. The receptionist was even asking for receipts, until luckily another member of staff explained to her.

Lovely hotel, decor nice and staff were all lovely. Room booked was a basic room, however had everything we needed and was very large in size, no need for us to upgrade. Room was very clean and beds large in size. Linen and towels all clean. We would consider staying again but would not be eating at the hotel again, nor using the spa. Only a few downsides, but making these improvements would make this hotel very good!

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Ok but won’t stay again very disappointing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Restaurant- very limited choice of food to the point we were seated had a drink and then left. Should have thought something as the we were the only ones there Spa/ Swimming pool- lovely and warm but very unorganised. No one around so went straight into pool to only be told off for not signing in, then to follow on told off again for having shoes close to the pool. All points I understand and happy to follow but you can’t do what u don’t know. Around the swimming pool was dirty, rubbish was laying around the sun beds and lots of dirty towels had just been left dumped. The water had lots of hair floating and the water wasn’t the clearest

The room was lovely very spacious and comfortable (bar the pillows) lots of tea and coffee and on request was given more. Location was brilliant was just a few minutes walk from bars clubs and arena which was very helpful Staff very helpful with car park

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Average for a Marriott, pool was a treat for the little ones, which they loved, hotel needs a refurb
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Service and availability of more choices

Breakfast nice but Marriott Zurich had so much more on offer, we had a nice Spanish waiter, but service from the hostess was poor

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

New Favourite in Birmingham
    • Superior King Room

Having stayed at many of the nearby hotels on Broad Street, this is a cut above. Excellent large room and comfy large bed. Great facilities and bar. Will be coming back.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Very pleasant - I slept well
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

All was pretty good. I’d love to have a quarter pint of milk in the fridge as a few of those little pots don’t go far....

Very comfortable room - spacious & light with comfy bed, duvet & good pillows.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Our stay at the Marriott hotel was fantastic from the minute...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Our stay at the Marriott hotel was fantastic from the minute we arrived the staff were welcoming. The room was perfect and the bed was super comfortable. It was perfect for our one night stay. Also the next day we left and I left a ring behind when I rang the hotel to see if it was found they were so helpful and happy enough to post it to Nottingham for me! Thank you sooo much, we will be back again definitely

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Highly enjoyable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Evening Dinner & Bar menu needs to include some more everyday style of meal, rather than just burgers or snacks

All was excellent with the (minor) exception that the evening dinner menu was a little restricted in variety. I stayed for 3x nights and had become 'bored' with the menu by the third night.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Great stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were very polite, friendly and accommodating especially as it was my hen trip, so I felt at ease. They also were able to let us check in earlier which was great. I loved the choice of food at breakfast especially the made on request pancakes and omelettes. Especially loved that at breakfast I was surprised with a glass of bubbles, fruit and brownies! I wish I had her name to thank her personally, but it was a lovely surprise. Also loved that my veil was found after a night out- Thanks again Mohammed. Overall great stay and would definetly recommend to anyone. It's close to city centre with lots of choice for a night out.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Fantastic and will stay again. Already recommended hotel to friends.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool was cloudy and the changing rooms were dirty and messy.

The staff were lovely, the room was great as was the breakfast and location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Would recommend for a city stay.
    • Superior King Room

Very very hot!!! Turned the heating off but the whole hotel just seemed very warm. You could not open the room windows to remedie this (guessing this was health and safety) but meant i struggled to sleep due to being so warm.

Comfy beds. Clean rooms. Great breakfast. Lovely bathroom with a powerful shower. Large room. Friendly staff. 5-10 minutes from bars and restaurants. Despite being in a very busy area you could not hear traffic in the room.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

We had a lovely time though
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were not informed in advance that we cannot use the swimming pool on thursday morning 9:30-10:30am, due to some private lessons

Their was a very nice lady who was incharged of the swimming pool

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Enjoyable, Comfortable and very relaxing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didn't like all the children in the pool when we were there. I'm not complaining about children using the pool, But if i would have known that there was a Mother and Infant class on, I would have gone to the pool at a later time.

The bed was very comfortable, The croissants were to my likeness, I like a croissant to be nice and flaky and i really appreciated what i got.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Best quality hotel we have found in Birmingham

Location is a little away from touristy bits but only a 10 minute walk away

Staff were all amazing, all areas of the hotel were very clean & the restaurant & bar very good. The Spa was excellent & pool / jacuzzi / steam room excellent. Nice big well stocked rooms with comfy beds. We have stayed at a few of the quality chain hotels in Birmingham as our kids do dance + Cheer competitions in the various arenas. The Marriott is not as conveniently located as others, but is well worth being an extra 5 minutes away. An excellent hotel that we will stay in exclusively from now on. Try it and see for yourself... PS Very child friendly!

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Marriott Birmingham stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pillows were far too soft for me personally but that is obviously a personal opinion.

A great position just far enough away from the Broad Street to be quiet but close enough for a 5 minute wander to the restaurants and bars. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of friendly attentive staff floating around to help if needed.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Rooms very spacious and very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bedroom windows are sealed up, and would not be easily broken in the event of a fire. For this reason I would not stay here again.

Rooms very spacious and very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Marriott break
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rather annoyed because of a £13 parking charge per night, considering it was on the hotels grounds.

It was a lovely hotel, rooms were very large clean and warm.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Great space great location feel good place
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No fridge in room No bathrobe in a spa hotel room Food not all that in restaurant.

Nice staff. Great bath. Room felt nice to be in Location fab Nice hot chocolate Glass water bottles

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

The Spa makes this hotel even more worth the stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We got lost trying to find the hotel with the one way systems and building in the city centre, Although this is out of the hotels control, better signs in place would be beneficial to someone who doesn't know the area. We didn't like not being able to open the window at all and felt a bit trapped at times but the rest of the hotel made up for this.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming and cant do enough for you. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice for everyone's taste. The Spa was lovely and Jacuzzi was the best we have ever seen and very powerful, worked wonders on my husbands Arthritis. The room was clean and very comfortable and had all the basics required along with a very large TV.

Have stayed here for 3 years yearly and like it
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking charge notification. Having booked through booking.com 4 rooms at over £1000 I didn’t expect yo be hit with a £78 extra bill to park our 3 cars for the weekend. This charge needs to be bolder in the app with a yes/no request . Was not charged last year for same stay

Peaceful,location just away from noisy centre,spa facilities excellent.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

All in all another good decision to stay at the Marriott, will use again, thank you.

Nothing we didn't like

Reception staff very helpful and accommodating. Good welcome when going for breakfast. Food at breakfast, plentiful, tasty and all staff very attentive even though very busy. Comfortable bed and facilities in bedroom meets the standard required. Due to the snow we decided to stay an extra night which the reception staff were very helpful and found us a room.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

We travelled as a group celebrating a birthday with six...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We travelled as a group celebrating a birthday with six teenagers - we were looked after really well. The Birthday girl was treated to a dessert with a birthday message on it. We were situated really well, all three rooms together. Breakfast was wonderful. The star was Winnie house keeping manager who went above and beyond to accommodate us. Thank you Birmingham Marriott and thank you Winnie

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Room was very comfortable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking was a lottery for staying guests which was difficult when travelling from a long distance. The wardrobe door was off its hinges which was not good.

Room was very comfortable

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

disappointing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The dinner could have been hotter. Soup was luke warm. Steaks were not hot. Was not aware that there was a parking charge of 13.00 a night even after paying 209.00 for 2 night stay.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Very comfortable overnight business stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Restaurant food was good, but prices were relatively high Quite tricky to find entrance to car park (on busy one way system)

The Staff I met were all excellent (front desk, restaurant, breakfast, Leisure Club) Pool areas good Room very spacious, with good well-lit desk facility at which to work Classic "Marriott" feel about the hotel

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

Good central location for city centre.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool not suitable for young children unless fully supervised. Changing rooms need modernising.

Good central location for city centre. Room suitable for family of 4. Good selection on buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Room was nice, staff extremely friendly and helpful
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Would have liked robes and slippers available as we used the pool - was annoying that we had to get dressed after a swim as didn't want to walk back to room in a towel!

Room was nice, staff extremely friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

The hotel was gorgeous and the facilities were really good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel was gorgeous and the facilities were really good. The spa was lovely however there was an issue with trying to get robes etc but otherwise was perfect. Would really recommended. I went on a girls spa weekend but its suited for couples etc

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Had everything we needed
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room a little small compared to our previous room in Marriot Sunderland at same category but overall great

Staff so friendly and attentive Great service

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Nice comfy stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Picky - another chair in the room would have been nice.

Comfy bed, lovely fluffy towels and quality toiletries. Nice shower, clean room. Very nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Fabulous visit, my husband and I enjoyed ourselves immensely.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My only criticism would be that the pool changing room needs a makeover and the scrambled eggs at breakfast left a little to be desired - I'd go for the freshly made fried eggs at the hot plate stand in future!

Fabulous visit, my husband and I enjoyed ourselves immensely. We even got a small 30th birthday treat delivered to the room. We enjoyed a late night swim in the pool and were the only swimmers at that time.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Comfortable, conveniently located hotel, with friendly staff.

Food service in bar in the evening was very slow - difficult when staying with hungry, impatient children.

Great breakfast and pool/gym facilities.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

I enjoyed the jacuzzi, swimming pool and steam room.
    • Superior King Room

The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, I liked the fact I could connect my Bluetooth to the tv and listen to music.

I enjoyed the jacuzzi, swimming pool and steam room.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Excellent location, clean and very comfortable, great facilities. Just sort our your breakfast staff
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff at breakfast were awful. Often Not present. Had to chase coffee 3 times and took nearly 10 mins to get a cup. Chef on the omelette bar wasn't about for 10 mins so had to wait

Clean and comfy

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Lovely hospitality but food in bar was poor and room was stuffy
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food was overpriced in the bar for the overall quality which was poor. Room was stuffy and airless - we all slept poorly.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and welcoming

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

OK overall but not the best
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

When we arrived my booking wasn't correct on their computer and they tried to charge me nearly £50 extra then what I'd booked on line luckly I'd printed my confirmation off to show them. Also we were not informed at check in that the boiler hadn't been working all morning so when we arrived we had a knock at the door for someone to have a look at the thermostat, we was also told when we arrived down at the pool that it was going to be cold but it would warm up within the next couple of hours, unfortunately we didn't have that time to wait...

The staff on breakfast duty was very friendly and welcoming and the cleaner was happy to help when we couldn't get onto our room to start with.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

The room is spacious and clean.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room is not entirely dark at night probably due to the spot lights on the building exterior wall.

The room is spacious and clean. Very quiet and peaceful.

Browse Birmingham Marriott Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery